Speaker 1: Elvie Duran in the morning show. Here's one of our world famous phone pranks. The phone's Elvis Dan Elvis Duran phone tap.
Speaker 2: All right, a very different phone tap.
Speaker 3: I say that because it is it ends differently than any other phone tap. Way till you hear the ending. And also the phone tap getting to the ending is pretty darn good too. The letter coming into the phone tap office is deary Elvis, my friend. Aaron's boyfriend wants to propose to her this week. His name is Gary, and he wants to do it on the radio. I think it'd be kind of a great idea to make it a part of a phone tap. So this will be a phone tap proposal. So why don't you call erin tell her that you work at a jewelry store. Then you're calling to let her know that Gary bought her a cheap ring. She's a very sweet girl, but she will not be happy about this when she finds out. Then at some point during the phone tap, Gary will pop the question. This comes to us from Aaron's friend Cynthia. All right, so here's the thing, s Anthia, phone tapping aaron boyfriend. Gary's going to join them on the call, and David Brody is calling Aaron from the jewelry store a very special phone. Tap. Here we go, let's listen in.
Speaker 2: Hello, can I speak to Aaron? Yeah? Yeah, my name is Mike. I work on professionals, the jewelers. And uh, I found a cell phone. This number was in it. I think it's someone you know?
Speaker 1: Is the phone you found?
Speaker 2: The side kid? Yeah? Okay, well you know whose it is.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's my boyfriend's phone. All right, I could, I could.
Speaker 3: Oh I can't call them.
Speaker 2: No, I have the phone. That's okay. He bought a really oh man, it's nice. He bought a really nice watch, a tag watch. It's like twenty eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh what.
Speaker 2: And then he bought I don't know, I guess it's like a gag gift or something, but it's a it was like four hundred and something dollars. It was a two carrot cubic Sarconi engagement ring kind of thing. I don't know what that's for. But he bought those two things. So he must have been in a hurry because and he put the phone on the receipt and he left with the cubic Zarconia engagement ring and the tag watch, so I know he has those.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you, all.
Speaker 2: Right, thank you. My name is Mike. Hello. Yeah, when it rings? Ask for her? You just called let know you can't find your phone?
Speaker 4: Hello? He Hey, Joe just said that some guy called up about my phone. Did you see where it was?
Speaker 1: He said that he worked as a jewelry here.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: And and then you bought a watch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I you know, I no, no, no, whoa wha what wait?
Speaker 2: You bought a watch?
Speaker 4: Yeah you know, I mean a figure. It looked good, like you know, when we get married and stuff like that, you know, and the pictures.
Speaker 1: You're crazy, You're not that crazy?
Speaker 4: Well you know, I mean I got your ring, you know, it's it's beautiful. It's like, you know, almost the two care rings looks like you know, but it wasn't. It wasn't really what you what you picked out in.
Speaker 3: I don't want it.
Speaker 4: So you don't want to get married. You should be no thankful to even be getting married to me, bab.
Speaker 1: I'm ecstatic.
Speaker 4: Where do you see the watch? It's like really, you know, like raise watch it's like that. Okay, then you guys can watch it together.
Speaker 2: Hello. Yeah, Hello, Yeah, is this Gary?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Gary guy, This is Mike from the jewelry store.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I spoke to uh Aaron.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm only in the line with her right now. What is going on?
Speaker 2: I broke into the call because it was important. I figured he wanted his phone back.
Speaker 1: Do you what planet are you from? What's going on?
Speaker 2: I'm trying to help him out.
Speaker 1: You can magically get in on someone else's phone call.
Speaker 2: Listen, lady, it's Star four seven. Don't you know how to do that? You bust into a phone call? Don't you know anything? You can google that?
Speaker 1: Don't I know anything? I feel like it's like an altered reality right now.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Gary, how are you gonna put up with that? Voice yourself?
Speaker 3: Goodbye?
Speaker 2: Kill yourself? Oh yeah, before you hang up, this is Dave Brody from me Elvis Strand in the Morning Show. And you just got phone tapped? What Cynthia and Gary called this at the radio station and asked us to phone tap you. Well, listen. The other reason we were phone tapping you is Gary wanted to ask you something.
Speaker 4: Aaron. I love you all my heart and I won't spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me.
Speaker 3: Yeah on the radio.
Speaker 1: Yeah baby, are you serious?
Speaker 4: Yeah baby, yeah, Yes, I love you so much baby. Okay, but I want to make it official. You know what I'm saying, Okay is that okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: All right, my love Okay, I love you.
Speaker 2: I love you too, very not earin anything you want to tell me positive about your man here, Gary, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm so freaked out.
Speaker 4: I can't think he's awesome.
Speaker 1: Elvis Duran's phone tap. This phone tab was pre recorded we permission granted by all participants. The Elvis Durant phone tab we're modally on Elvis Duran in the morning show. Here in new Elvis Durant Phone Tab weekday mornings