Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership.
Speaker 1: I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported.
Speaker 2: You will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right. Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 4: You said you wanted to get off of Lebron's payroll as soon as possible, and you know, people create their own narratives. But a lot of people might say, well, it's easy for him to become a number one agent because Lebron, Right, Lebron's just God.
Speaker 5: But I know you always actually harder.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, So talk about talk about that and talk about why it was essential for you to get off of his payroll. Why is essential for you to not be in that type of role.
Speaker 6: Well, it was essentral number one because prior to I've always been someone who was had a pretty entrepreneurial spirit.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: My dad was a store owner. We made our money selling beer, wine and cigarettes. You know, I grew up playing people lottery numbers at seven and eight years of age. Right, I learned about marketing by selling now Laters and Jolly Joe's and Cherry Clans, and you know, that's how I buy what you can came and bought in the store.
Speaker 5: This is how I learned about supply and demand.
Speaker 6: So when my dad would send us back to the wholesale store, he was sit in the car and let me go in and pick the candy. I couldn't pick the candy that I wanted.
Speaker 5: I had to pick the candy.
Speaker 6: That the people would buy, because that's how we made our money. And so through that I learned customer service and the importance of customer service, right, because the community is the job.
Speaker 5: We got to make sure that we take care of the community.
Speaker 6: And so that allowed me to have that mindset. But to answer your question, Lebron wasn't obligated to do anything for me or anybody else. The only person he was actually obligated to do something for was Gloria James.
Speaker 5: That's his mother. Right.
Speaker 6: I was so happy that I wasn't his brother, like blood brother, because at that point there's a guilt that comes into play, right, and if I screw up?
Speaker 5: Can he really fire? Can you really fire your brother? Right? You know? And so.
Speaker 6: For me, once I got my opportunity, and when I got the call, when my mother called me and said you have a check in the mail.
Speaker 5: And when you guys read my book, this is all that. This is not.
Speaker 6: This is someone that is in there. But when my mother called me and said you have a check in the mail, I didn't. I wasn't expecting that. I didn't even know how to really read a check. My mother showed me how to do so. But when I called and asked what my job was, he said he didn't know.
Speaker 5: He said, I actually don't have a position for you at all. I don't have one, and I don't know when I'm gonna get one, So now I got two choices.
Speaker 6: I'm definitely not a yes man, and I love the shop, so I like to go to the I can't wait on you to go to them all for when I get to go to the mall, that's not gonna ever happen.
Speaker 5: So because of that, I did the things that I created value.
Speaker 6: I was everything from party promoter before he was even.
Speaker 5: Able to party styless jeweler.
Speaker 6: You know, until one day in the Nike meeting, he asked me, what did I think? And it's Phil Knight, it's Charlie Denson's Lynn Mayrit, it's all the top executives at Nike. And now I'm saying, well, I'm not guessing here. This is what I know because I've had every shoot that ever came out since nineteen eighty nine, whatever it was. And so I took the floor. Well that led to me getting a job at Nike because they seen.
Speaker 5: I had value.
Speaker 6: So when I was there, I learned cutting, so I learned all the legal aspects of it.
Speaker 5: I learned the footwear business I love.
Speaker 6: I learned the marketing business because Marketing is not endorsements. Marketing is storytelling. Endorsements are endorsements marketing. The best marketing companies in the world they never tell you a price, but they show you the product, but.
Speaker 5: They never tell you the price.
Speaker 6: Honda's going to say, this is the Civic twenty twenty three with leather. It cost you thirty six thousand. That's a different that's a sales thing. That's a totally different thing. And so I wanted to make sure that I was always creating value. And I also didn't want because in life, you know, you can you can only ride the horse for so long. Can't get comfort riding somebody else's horse. That don't make sense.
Speaker 5: So you have to continue to create value. So that's what I did.
Speaker 6: And then the reason why I went into the agent business is because I felt like our young men were the game was being monopolized by.
Speaker 7: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieved their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank, it might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, But keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the P and C Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association member FDIC.
Speaker 5: Erners What's up?
Speaker 7: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the.
Speaker 1: United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, Attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you were here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and.
Speaker 2: Deported, you will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 6: People that really didn't understand them as people. They saw them as commissions, but they didn't see them as people. And so if I only see you as a check, I'm not going to invest in you. Right when the talent runs out, I lose your number and I get the next talent. Well, that didn't sit well with me, and so I wanted to create something that they can go to sleep at night knowing that, you know what, I can trust Rich, and I can trust the people that Rich is putting around me, because my integrity and my respect for you as a person won't allow me to do anything that would be detrimental to your future. And damn sure not going to do anything that is going to have you look at me a certain way because where I come from, there's a major consequence for that. But in the business I'm in, those consequences don't exist.
Speaker 5: But I didn't know any different.
Speaker 6: You know, we were just just trying to survive the day, sometimes an hour, depending on what's going on around the corner. So I brought that energy and those pitfalls to an industry that didn't know that, and they didn't know our children.
Speaker 5: And so I even currently.
Speaker 6: Today, people talk about it's easier with Lebron, Oh, he just did this because Lebron.
Speaker 5: They must don't know what the word envy means. They must don't.
Speaker 6: Understand how hard it is to walk in the room and people tell you, oh, because you represent this person, I don't think you're the right person for me, even though he's built this big portfolio, and I have a ton of other guys.
Speaker 5: That's built great portfolios.
Speaker 6: As well and done well. But for some reason, it's just hard for people to do business with people that.
Speaker 5: Look like I'm not gonna say four people.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say it's hard for our people to do business with our people at a high level and respect them and not cheat them and not try to say I gave you opportunities, so you should work for free. No, I gave you the opportunity. You're doing a great job. I'm gonna pay you what you deserve. And I talk to my guys about this all the time. And for anybody else out there, somebody out there is doing something for you, I don't care if they're your sister cousin.
Speaker 5: I don't care if they're on the drug. I don't care about any of that.
Speaker 6: How you treat people matters, It just really does.
Speaker 5: And I want to pay you top dollar. I want to pay you.
Speaker 6: More, right because when we go to Van Cleef and Louis and Chanelle, they're not giving us no discount and we're not asking for one. We want you to know how much we pay for it. So when I but when I come to you with my labor to wash your car, and I washed it and you had the juice and the cup holder and all this stuff, but you want to put and you don't even want.
Speaker 5: To tip me, Well, it don't work. You get what I'm saying. And so I instill that in my in my clients from day one. When we go to a restaurant, I pay attention.
Speaker 6: I watch how they call a waiter or a waitress and know, hey, yoyo, no, no excuse me, Can I have thank you?
Speaker 5: And then when that bill comes, we're gonna.
Speaker 6: Make sure they get twenty five percent. You understand I'm saying that's how it should be. And if it's like that, when you think about the ecosystem for an athlete. An athlete need a barber, they need a handyman. They need a nanny, they need.
Speaker 5: A driver, they need a their wives.
Speaker 6: Need a makeup artist and a cosmetologist. You know, they need all these things. This is the ecosystem of the athlete. This job's available.
Speaker 5: But the reason why we don't care to do them in abundance is because how you treat.
Speaker 6: If you treated them differently then and you explain to them, hey, you're not gonna get it. You're not gonna get a seat at the table when we at the club. That ain't what this is this is about.
Speaker 5: But I actually need you to do this. It's a consistent pay for at.
Speaker 6: Least twelve years for the right person at least.
Speaker 5: And while you're doing that, you build your clientele.
Speaker 6: Right, because there's a draft every year. People coming in a real estate agent. My guys just renting places in every city around America. But it's not many. You give them saying, and if it is, they show up laid like. The habits matter, right, And so this is this is very important. And I tell my own siblings this, there's an ecosystem. Find a lane. If you find a lane, you got an opportunity. If you've got an opportunity, then you make it work from there.
Speaker 5: Turn this out.
Speaker 6: One plus one should equal five by the time we get down with this.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership.
Speaker 1: I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens.
Speaker 2: Have been arrested.
Speaker 1: If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported.
Speaker 2: You will never return.
Speaker 1: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right. Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by Unit Space, Department of Homeland Security,