Speaker 1: Hi, everyone.
Speaker 2: I cannot wait for you to hear the full episode of Climbing in Heels with Briany Raymond, the Queen of Luxury Jewelry. You cannot imagine how many a list celebrities she has landed on. Just do a little digging, you will lose your mind. I asked my followers to submit their jewelry questions and Brian and I are going to answer them for you now, so don't miss the full interview out this Friday. Sometimes we do like a rapid fire thing. But in your case, I actually surveyed my listeners and followers with jewelry questions that I want to throw out at you. Okay, okay, Roddy, what's your favorite way to style a broach?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I love a brooch in the hair. That's probably number one. I wore my hair this year to the Emmys thing. I also love a broach on a hip like.
Speaker 3: I love it too.
Speaker 2: I used to do that a lot of my styling life. I would sometimes cinch like I would just kind of rush a little hip like a little drape.
Speaker 1: And then put that birch rate in there. I love that.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, we continue to be jewelry cull mates. Okay, so one, this one is going to be hard for you to answer, I think because I get asked it in styling life.
Speaker 1: But it's hard.
Speaker 2: What's the one piece of jewelry you cannot live without?
Speaker 4: The one piece of jewelry I cannot live without genre or a specific.
Speaker 2: Piece, anything like one specific piece like it could be. Yeah, I want to know one specific piece.
Speaker 3: I had it.
Speaker 4: I could not live without my vintage bank leaf Anddarpel's engagement ring.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, ding ding ding ding ding. That's the right answer. Okay, is it the one I tried on the other day?
Speaker 3: Now you haven't seen it. It's because it's too small and I can't size it again.
Speaker 4: Vancreas is like, literally, I was like I was a size too when I got married.
Speaker 3: I am not even close anymore.
Speaker 1: And it doesn't pinky.
Speaker 4: I could make it a figuring yeah, And Luke's always like, why don't you wear that? Very nice worked so hard to give you. I'm like, dude, I need to Yeah, I need to go back to my free baby stop.
Speaker 2: Okay, pearls seem to be trending again. What's a good pearl piece to invest in?
Speaker 3: Ooh, I am a pearl girl through and through always.
Speaker 2: You really are, you really are everything about you says pearls.
Speaker 3: I truly love them.
Speaker 4: And I always laugh too when people are like, oh, well, pearls are having a moment, and I'll.
Speaker 1: Be like, I'm like, they never didn't have a moment.
Speaker 3: I'm like, am I so uncool that? To me? I'm like, pearls weren't having a moment. I was still worrying.
Speaker 4: A great piece to invest in, I would say, a really amazing pair of pearl earrings that you could dress up or down. So we actually make I mean not to do like a br plug, but we make a pair that's on a gold wire and I always love it's like a chunky, pretty, sousy pearl, but it kind of goes. You can make it dressier or less dressy. So great pair of pearl earrings that aren't too fussy.
Speaker 1: Because it's great with a par of jeans and a T shirt exactly you.
Speaker 4: Can and if you wanted to make them dressy, then you like throw a bunch of necklaces in puffs.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is a good question.
Speaker 2: Actually, how can you make an emerald cut diamond that you took from a ring into a cool necklace.
Speaker 4: Easy, throw a big, chunky, heavy gold bezel on it and put it on a chunky gold curb blank chain.
Speaker 3: And I actually have done this, you have.
Speaker 1: I've seen it. Someone was wearing our dinner this summer and I.
Speaker 3: Was sast exactly.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's great advice. What classic pieces do you recommend starting your jewelry collection with.
Speaker 1: I know what you're gonna say.
Speaker 4: I have a few different answers to that, so I'll try to keep a sus saying.
Speaker 2: For someone who for someone who doesn't love like massive things like keeping it simple.
Speaker 4: I would say, I mean, obviously price point dependent, but I think a great pair of studs, or you're at a different budget gold hoops highly you know, pretty substantial gold hug hoop or a stud I love.
Speaker 3: I love a chunky gold chain.
Speaker 4: Does a have to be you know, any particular brand or anything doesn't have to have diamonds. I think a great gold chain can do wonders. And I love like a classic stainless watch like an old Rolex roll like I love like.
Speaker 1: A or even a pretend.
Speaker 3: Like watch for Alexa jacent like.
Speaker 1: Prolexa jacent watch.
Speaker 3: Like a chunky cool watch gold chain.
Speaker 2: Okay, best neckline for a choker as you as I'm looking at yours right now, it's.
Speaker 4: Very I actually think chokers can look quite cool worn as a caller.
Speaker 3: So sometimes I put a choker on a high necktop. I find that very sheep.
Speaker 4: Or against or something that's completely far apart from it. I'd never want the choker to feel like it's choking. I mean in general, yeah, I too. I always say I want things to feel intentional. So, for instance, emerald cut necklace, we were saying, I don't want something to look like it used to be something else, right, kind of you horned it into being something it wasn't meant likes the same, either have it on top of the cloth or have a lot of of the skin.
Speaker 2: Agreed, like with a plunging neckline's super sexy. Okay, great, I love that. Okay, I love this question. Is Rose Gold out? It's taking a pause?
Speaker 4: I mean, I, well, this is me obviously. I never always like turn everything into a positive and like never see anything I get it.
Speaker 3: I don't super love rose Gold in general.
Speaker 1: Me neither, I like never have me neither.
Speaker 3: Being said, I'm also very very clear when I talk to my clients about what I love and what I want isn't necessarily what they should do. So if somebody wants to.
Speaker 4: Rose gold, I will make the most beautiful rose goold old iteration.
Speaker 3: Or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: But it's not your personal preference, my personal style.
Speaker 3: I'm a yellow gold girl through.
Speaker 2: And through, same, same, same, same. Okay, this is interesting. Two more, what is the most popular diamond shape right now for engagement ranks? Because I feel like there's a new trend happening, not new trend, it's old, but it's back.
Speaker 1: Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 4: So we I mean I always try to speak to the lens of like what we're doing, not necessarily of.
Speaker 1: Course, what are you getting asked for the most man?
Speaker 3: Right? Don't time? I'm always like so focused, don't we're doing?
Speaker 4: We get asked for a lot of antique stones, So it's something that I work with a lot antique old Euros, which I love.
Speaker 3: An anti goold duro just for.
Speaker 2: Those going to say, please define me to the speakers.
Speaker 4: An antiquolduro typically is quantified as a stone that is antique so cut eighteen hundreds early nineteen hundreds that has fewer facets, which means it has a large sort of glassy faceting pattern and it reflects light differently as opposed to a modern or brilliant cut, which has more facets more like twinkly crushed ask. The old stones have the bigger, wider glassy facets. So anti cushions, anti boldiuros, we do a lot of that sort of asher. Asher is tough because it presents typically much smaller than it is. Yes, a bottom heavy asher can look a lot smaller than it is, so I don't Yes, of course we do beautiful ashers, but no, I don't see that as having quite as strong of a moment as an anti.
Speaker 2: I have seen Marquis coming back, have you, Yes, I have seen pears and Marquis, and I was like.
Speaker 3: What, so a Marquee. We just made the second Sloane ring.
Speaker 4: So Sloan's like one of our collections with a like it's a sort of signature, is a thick gold bezel like this one.
Speaker 1: I love her.
Speaker 4: So we just we just made a big Marquis with that thick old bezil and said it east time and it looked it really lent itself well to that orientation, and it was funny because I had a few, you know, people like my age and you know, people of different sort of generations who not my sort of more you know, not my young twenty two year old people.
Speaker 1: More like who want a cushion cup with my.
Speaker 3: And then they look at it they went, oh, wait, that's Marquis. I thought I hated Marquis saying it's all complexed. It's not. It's the way you see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love a marquee in in a state like vintage setting.
Speaker 3: Is like so beautiful.
Speaker 2: Okay, last question, because this is a long debate that I think will be debated for a long time. Thoughts are natural versus lab grown diamonds?
Speaker 3: So funny. I knew you were going to say that, and I did, like, obviously I did not have that.
Speaker 1: I have a lot, I have a lot of thoughts, So.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I will say this one.
Speaker 4: I will lead with I only exclusively, happily, only work natural lines.
Speaker 3: I am a natural diamond girl.
Speaker 4: That being said, obviously, everyone should do what feels right to them. Our specific ethos and our brand sort of path will always be to exclusively work with natural stones. I also don't work with synthetic colored stone lab grown obviously is a separate thing, and I completely understand that. I will say this, I personally feel when I look down at something I know, I'm like, oh god, I'm trying to be so like you know, you're good.
Speaker 1: There's no right or wrong answer, honestly.
Speaker 4: Totally, I'll say, for me, when I look down at my hand and if I am wearing a cubic sirconia or I imagine a lab or a something that is not the natural version of what it is, it feels less precious and I like to feel really special and precious.
Speaker 3: In obviously there are many times I do not feel special and precious.
Speaker 4: But when I am thinking about luxury acquisitions and things that are truly there to provide for me, like joy and those like delicious, happy, excited feelings, the jewelry and you know, beautiful clothing and are things that I the sort of peripheral s. I don't know how we want to say, but I really want it to be the real thing, and I want it to have been the natural version of what it is. And so I feel really strongly that.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's the wrong answer.
Speaker 2: I think that's a really great, honest truthful answer, and I think you're going to get people coming up in this world that only want lab that only you know and and like you said, personal preference. But I do really appreciate and respect that you are saying, this is your brand ethos, this is your choice, this is where you will stay, because I think staying in your lane.
Speaker 1: Is actually the key.
Speaker 2: And really knowing that I think and being so clear on your vision and what you believe in I think is one of the one of the most important keys to success. So I think that's great and I and I don't think it's for anyone to.
Speaker 1: Judge, so
Speaker 4: Everyone has to do it makes them feel good and that literally it obviously translates across any and everything, but that's just me.