Speaker 1: We all say things we regret when we've put back one too many.
Speaker 2: Hey it was, Hey, how you do it?
Speaker 1: Trust me? You do not want to hear the rest of that recording with the banana demonstration. But as bad as that sounds, it was even worse for one of our listeners because what happened after one drunken night out at the bars has led to an entire year of her and her sister not speaking a word to each other. So now she needs our help to try and bring their family back together. You'll find out what happened in your closure call right after this. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. And if I've learned anything from watching the movie Frozen over and over, it's that sisters always get along.
Speaker 3: The sisters always have each other's back, and it's love.
Speaker 1: It doesn't mean that they always get a lost Maybe that's it might be a little annoying sometimes and accidentally cast a spell that sends the whole country into a violent, eternal winter that threatens to destroy everything, But you know what, for the most part, zero drama.
Speaker 3: Seriously, sometimes she can be in a mood and I'm just like.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, that's normal. Though Strangely, it's not the case for one of our listeners named Amelia, who's reached out for a closure call, needing help with a little bit of her family drama.
Speaker 3: That's happens.
Speaker 1: Let's talk to her. Name is again, Amelia, Amelia, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you, you're welcome. Do you have more than one sister or is it just you and her?
Speaker 4: It's just the two of us.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, what's awesome?
Speaker 1: What's going on with you and your sister? What made you reach out to us?
Speaker 4: Okay, this is a lot, but I'll give you the close notes. So I am traditionally super close with my family, Okay, close with my mom, and we all kind of live near each other. And like my little sister Carissa was like in the same boat.
Speaker 1: I mean, like you lived on a boat together. That's kind of cute.
Speaker 3: It's a tropical version of frozen.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, I know you're close with all of your family. That's nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But I mean sisters are how they are. I mean, like, I'm not going to sit here and say that my sister and I didn't fight a lot about trivial things.
Speaker 2: But I was just talking about this with Alexus because she lives with twin sisters, and like, the thing about sister fights is you could like literally feel like your blood is boiling and then twenty minutes later it's done and over it and you move forward.
Speaker 4: Right, And that's always been the case. I mean, we had fights where like you would have thought we would kill each other before the fight ended. So it's volatile, but like it's not anything out of the ordinary work.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there were a lot of little fights, but it sounds like it leads up to one big fight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so things have gone completely off the rails and now I just have no idea what to do.
Speaker 3: So why what happened?
Speaker 4: Yeah, one night we were on our way out and like before we even went to the bar, I noticed that she was wearing my mom's jewelry with a necklace like a little pendant and this ring that I'm obsessed with that's like this pearl ring that's surrounded by a little tiny diamonds.
Speaker 2: It's adorable, and you're always jockeying, like, hey, mom, you should really give that to me when you kick the bucket.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like I'm the oldest I wanted on these things.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. At my grandmother's house.
Speaker 2: We just put our names in masking tape on the stuff that we wanted.
Speaker 3: All my grandparents were still a live.
Speaker 1: God. Well, at least that gives you a little bit of perspective, Amelia, your situation could be worse. You could be Brooks sisters. So wait, how did she get the ring?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 4: So my mom does have quite a few pieces that are heirloom pieces, and she has given Carissa a few, and she's given me a few, and so you have them, and like, I have one that's really similar. But like my issue with it is like we're going out tonight, like to the bars, Like you can't throw on some cheap stuff from forever twenty one, like you have to wear Mom's like precious stuff. And so I just didn't think that was a good idea, and so I had a bad attitude. I accept that, and maybe that led to her drinking a little bit more heavily than she would have. Like I've come to terms with that.
Speaker 1: Did something happen?
Speaker 4: Yes, so the ring is gone. She took it off to like wash her hands or something, and like, hey, good on you for washing your hands. I'll give you points for that, But like, why did you have the ring on in the first place if you are someone who takes them off to wash their hands, yike?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, So how long ago was the ring lost?
Speaker 4: So this was over a year ago?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: A year? Yea, I know?
Speaker 4: No, why are you waiting a year to yeah to us to talk to her?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What's happened since that night with you your sister?
Speaker 4: Absolutely nothing except she moved out of state. That's all I know. We have not spoken.
Speaker 1: Nothing, but she moved a thousand miles away so she would never have to see me.
Speaker 3: Wait, you guys aren't talking.
Speaker 4: No, we got into a huge fight and like, granted I said some things that I should not have said. I was very angry, but like she was drunk and said some things too. Like we really got into it. And then about a month goes by, she moves out of state and that's it.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, did your parents know what happened?
Speaker 3: Do your parents know that she lost the ring and that was the start of all this?
Speaker 4: No, she won't talk to anybody, Like I know what happened. It's between us and you guys now. But like she literally just fell off the face of the planet.
Speaker 3: I mean, okay, I get it.
Speaker 2: It's a huge deal, but it's not a big enough deal that you should break up your family over it.
Speaker 1: Do you agree you need to get on the phone and apologize to you. I think Brooks saying that you should find a different sister to replace.
Speaker 2: This. There's a replaceable that makes me so sad for you, and I bet it would break your mom's heart. Like, of course your mom's going to be upset that the ring's gone, but she would be even more upset to know that your girls aren't talking because of it.
Speaker 1: So that's why you reached out to our show to do this closure call, so we could try and help you get back in touch and maybe try and mend some broken fences with your sister.
Speaker 2: Right, she moved exactly, and you haven't had any chance to apologize to her until now, right, Because.
Speaker 4: I mean I would have had she been able to return a text call. But I don't want to, like, you know, dump on her via text and just be like, well, I said it, so I'm good, because like that's not helpful either.
Speaker 1: You want to have a healthy conversation back and forth. Yeah, so do it the healthy way by going through a radio show. I like this, and so You've been working with our producer off of the air before we made this call to come up with the four questions that you wanted to send to your sister Clarissa and try and get some answers for her to help you get some closure and get you guys talking again. So we've sent those for you, and I will tell you Clarissa did respond back.
Speaker 3: Did Clarissa explain it all?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 3: Laughing?
Speaker 1: Text in funny because it was I don't know what was said. I haven't even read what she wrote. I don't haven't read the questions. I haven't read the answers. We're going to find all of this out for the first time when we come back. I hope not too. It's gonna happen when we do your closure call. Right after this. We're in the middle of a closure call with our listener Amelia. Just a quick recap of what's happened. She and her little sister have not spoken to each other in over a year after a big fight that they had when they went out to the bars one night and her sister drunkenly lost their mom's heirloom jewelry. No, so that led to an argument. Some things were said that Amelia now regrets because the sister ended up moving away, and nothing is worth losing a family member like that, which is why she's asked us to help her reach out back to her sister to get some answers.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine what you said.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, do you want to repeat some of those things right here on the radio, Amelia?
Speaker 4: I mean, I will say I said a lot of regretful things, but nothing that merits a year of silence, Like I'll say that.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fair.
Speaker 3: We'll see if she says the same thing.
Speaker 1: I know Brooke has said there's gotta be something else, some other reason, because a jewelry fight isn't a big enough reason to do that. And that got me thinking, what if she never actually lost the jewelry?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: What if she went and ponned it and lied and now feels guilty about it because that's the night.
Speaker 3: They were drinking, she had it on when they left.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's what I would have done. I would have gone right to the pawn show.
Speaker 3: This entire time.
Speaker 4: If anything, this ring has more sentimental value than financial value.
Speaker 2: Your family heir, like my family, are looms like we love them. They're very sentimental to us. But then you go get it a praise and you're like, well, we could give you twenty six dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, Okay. We can all call our parents' jewelry cheap later. But now we need to get into these questions because, as you know, Amelia has already worked with our producer to send these four questions to her sister. We have her answers ready to read. Amelia, are you ready for this?
Speaker 4: I am?
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go. Let's go to the first closure call question we said. First of all, I feel completely terrible about the last time we hung out. I want to apologize for getting so angry and blowing up at you about mom's jewelry. I went way over the line with what I said, but I don't think it's worth moving out of state and breaking off contact with me. I'm super sorry. Can you forgive me?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 3: I mean that, but would hit me wrong. I'm gonna tell you everything in front of it.
Speaker 4: Ye, I mean, I wish it was a little more brief. I probably ran I haven't talked run so long, but it gets the overall point across, I guess, and.
Speaker 1: Also I'm not a very good reader, so they'll put some of that on me.
Speaker 2: Jeff, I know exactly how she felt in her tone of her response.
Speaker 3: What she said, we're.
Speaker 1: Basically asking for forgiveness, and your sister wrote back she said, well, I do appreciate you saying that, and I can one hundred percent forgive you. Oh, I will let you know. I had a friend tell you that I moved out of state, But really I just moved to a new neighborhood. What I'm about seven blocks away from what?
Speaker 4: No, that's what. That's all ridiculous. I haven't run into her seven blocks away.
Speaker 1: Like, actually, that's not I had a friend who moved into the same apartment complex with me, and I never once saw him ever in a year that he lived there. She might be actively trying to avoid you, even when you're out in about.
Speaker 2: Like she wears eyes, she wears a mustache, maybe some sunglasses.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know if she would go that.
Speaker 3: Are you shocked? I am shocked, casual sounding response.
Speaker 4: I feel like I wouldn't put the mustache and losses thing pastor. I mean, this is really immature to do, like to tell somebody who moved out of state and you've just been there the whole time. Like, yeah, I'm a little put off by that.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, let's move on to question two. Here, we wrote to her, while I am sorry I reacted that way, I feel like you would have done the same. I told you Mom's jewelry was important to me, and you ignored what I said and lost it. Do you think maybe I could get an apology from you?
Speaker 3: God's that's what you wanted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, accountability is important, and like she has lacked accountability in other situations, so like, yeah, I do still hold her to that standard.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, we're asking for an apology from her. She wrote back, absolutely, I am sorry that that happened. Okay, I drank way too much and acted like a total idiot, and I feel really really bad for losing Mom's things.
Speaker 3: Why is your sister so reasonable and not to you?
Speaker 1: Because she's sober when she's writing back, I think the fights were all.
Speaker 3: It's been a year. Yeah, I'm sure she's been sober within the last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she keeps going. She says, that's not really the main reason I've been keeping my distance, though I knew it.
Speaker 3: What is it? What is it does, she.
Speaker 4: Say, right, what is it?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: I'm more confused now than ever, honestly.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, maybe we'll get some more answers as we keep moving through these. We're going to the third question in the closure call we sent. We haven't been able to catch up in the year since you moved, So is there anything else I should know? Your sister wrote back, Well, I'm nervous to tell you this, but the main reason why I cut contact and moved a little farther it is because I met someone, oh well, technically re met someone and we became very very close. Okay, please don't hate me forever. But for the last year or so, I've been seeing your ex Ryan.
Speaker 3: What gosh did you hear that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I heard it, but like, no, I also did not just hear that, because that is like, that is such a boundary? Are you kidding me? Ryan and I literally lived together when she was living like a few balks away, when we were living in the same complex. Like it's not even okay, even if like nothing started when we were together, Like you can't go fishing in a different pond, like you have to go after my exes? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Do you understand. That's why she said she mad, it's inappropriate, and that's why.
Speaker 4: She's that's disgusting. I'm completely disgusted. I'm not mad. I am literally physically ill right now.
Speaker 1: She does keep going and says, I'm really really sorry it just happened, and we didn't want to hurt you, so we've tried to keep it a secret.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's way. That's way better, right, that's super better.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I love how she says, I don't want to hurt you, but I'm not going to talk to you for a year.
Speaker 3: Like what do you think? Yeah, are you still in love with Ryan?
Speaker 4: No? I mean, like I'm all said, that was the first guy I ever lived with, Like we were together like through college and then we moved back Like she wouldn't have even known him if I had not moved in with him back home.
Speaker 3: That's kind of creepy on his part.
Speaker 6: Like and what if like what if they are like living together they like you know, like like when they'm going to be family with him? To no, Like no, I'm super close to my family, Like I cannot even believe that this is Like, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I'm so sorry, but we're running out of time here and I have to get to the fourth and final question that we sent.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 1: So what we wrote to her was, I know we fight sometimes, but I do really miss you. We're sisters and we need to love and cherish each other. Is there any chance we can meet and catch up in person?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well answer hard?
Speaker 3: Did you say hard?
Speaker 2: Pass?
Speaker 1: That was yours, which again we write before we get into the answers back.
Speaker 4: So right, if that did not age, well, wait, you all don't want.
Speaker 3: To see she should see.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you that she did answer it. She wrote, well, actually, Ryan and I are supposed to go to mom and Dad's for the next holiday. So if that's not gonna be too, Dad, she says, f Yi, Mom and Dad know already about me and Ryan. They've known for four or five months. We all agreed not to tell you because we were worried that you wouldn't be able to handle it.
Speaker 3: Girl, you'll show them you can handle it, right, Like.
Speaker 4: I'm literally speechless, I have no I have no words. I mean, like, what am I even supposed to say to that? Like? So, like my mom and dad have been lying to me too, Like that's perfect, that's great stuff.
Speaker 3: Why, well, they could tell that you're I mean.
Speaker 4: You know, no, there's no excuse, like like, you can't protect somebody by like hiding the truth from them. You can't protect somebody by freezing them out but not talking to them. Like none of them handled this right from Jump Street. And I've been sitting here feeling guilty about some out of pocket comments that I made when I was rightfully angry.
Speaker 3: Like that makes like I get way more deep breath, deep breath. Does Ryan have a brother you could date. I'm just saying yea.
Speaker 4: If anything, I will, like I'm going after Ryan's dad.
Speaker 1: Oh well, at least maybe the good news that came out of this, as we've reopened the communication line with you and your sister and we've learned it really happened.
Speaker 3: I think after you sit with this will communicate. Okay, Well, I.
Speaker 2: Was gonna say, I think after you sit with this for a minute, maybe you'll see that it's not as big of a deal as.
Speaker 6: I'm going to sit with it.
Speaker 4: On Ryan's dad's lap.
Speaker 1: That was your closure call.
Speaker 2: I actually support that, Okay, Yeah, only if Ryan's dad's rich.
Speaker 1: It's broken. Jeffrey in the morning, Well that was a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a lot, you know, not so funny that there's drama and families.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when part of the family keep secrets and the other part and then it all comes out, who would have known this was drama? Dude.
Speaker 3: I feel like the parents are at the most fault in this. You have live. I believe mom and dad. I blame them, right.
Speaker 1: I don't say it, but be like, hey, you may want to check on your ex.
Speaker 2: Wrest one of the daughters to come clean and be honest about it from the beginning. You know, like if she would have gone and said, hey, do you mind I have interest in I know this is sticky, maybe they could have had a more honest conversation.
Speaker 5: That's just too hard, Okay, keeping a secret much simpler.
Speaker 3: Can get any comments on this one?
Speaker 5: Yeah, someone said my jaw actually dropped listening to this. This was a wild ride yep. And another person said, as the first time closure call listener, this was pretty damn good.
Speaker 3: This is the first one. Yeah, you got some more to catch up on Versure.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being here. Please hit that subscribe. It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.