Speaker 1: To on the move, galling deep speedways, peace Hell.
Speaker 2: From the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex.
Speaker 1: This is Drivetime with Travis Wingfield. He's got by having us in the playoffs? What is up?
Speaker 2: Dolphins? And welcome to the Drive Time Podcast. I am your host, Travis Wingfield. And on today's show, well it's game week yet again. Our fourth edition of the season will take you all the way inside the brilliant Dolphins and Titans matchup, piece by piece here on Monday night football What From the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex.
Speaker 1: This is the Drive Time Podcast. Hee Gaffir, lose my.
Speaker 2: Mind a little bit here, That's how I keep myself saying on the podcast. Before we get started. The week four picks will be on tomorrow show. But since we have a football game tonight, and what a riveting one it is.
Speaker 1: Don't you guys love the NFL?
Speaker 2: Isn't this cool? Isn't this fun? Taking the Cowboys over the Giants? Who cares?
Speaker 1: And something else?
Speaker 2: Before we get started, So I write these preview copies on Wednesdays, That's my new process this season, and they go out on Thursday. Mornings typically, so I could be wrong here, and I actually gave myself a little bit more time, but didn't give myself enough time to hear from coach McDaniel at his press conference today to decide for who was going to be at quarterback if we get clarification. But I decided on Wednesday I was going to write this preview with the assumption that it will be Tyler Huntley at quarterback for the Dolphins on Monday Night football, because frankly, if it's not well, the needle moves on the faith meter in the wrong direction a few more notches. I watched every single snap of Huntley's career this week, not even in the same stratosphere of what I've seen from the other two quarterbacks the roster.
Speaker 1: It's just not now.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying it's elite or even all that good, but Tyler to me is closer to Tua than he is to Skyler and Tim Boyle.
Speaker 1: Like if Tua were Texas.
Speaker 2: Or Georgia or Bama right a blue blood program, whatever, then Tyler is well, I hate to say it, but Washington State go coops and the others, well, that's South Central Louisiana State University mudogs.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 2: So the disclaimer here is if it's not Huntley, well you probably can just go ahead and scratch all of this and just know that I'll be predicting a twenty to ten, maybe a seventeen to six loss, and that touchdown probably comes late in the game.
Speaker 1: Now, all that said, there's no way, no way, no way.
Speaker 2: Right, We'll see Week four Tennessee Titans ESPN seven thirty kickoff at hard Rock Stadium. And man, I gotta say real quick, I think the two Monday night football crews and it's a shame that one of them is just this kind of afterthought broadcasting crew that gets a few games a year. I think they're among the best in the league because Fowler is freaking elite, Ridick is the absolute best. Orlowsky is a weirdo, but he's got some good football content that he produces. I haven't heard Tom Brady yet. I thought Burke Gartin Olsen was probably the best in the league. Harlan and Charles Green is or Charles Green geez, Travis Trent Green is elite as well. I love Charles Davis as a color commentator. But Buck and Aikman I was talking to a buddy here in our content studios about how buck has evolved because somebody shared the kickoff return from Brian Mitchell for the Eagles back in the two I think it was two NFC Championship game, and it's like a sixty yard return and he goes Mitchell, Mitchell Mitchell, and I's like the whole call and then the David Tyree call, Manning escapes, throws it, ball is caught first down. Giants Like those were Joe Bucks calls to me back in the day, but now he's.
Speaker 1: Like dogs, Dougs Vikings win or.
Speaker 2: The call to uh, the call on Jaden Daniels to Terry McLaurin touched on Monday Night last week.
Speaker 1: That was elite stuff. So I'm excited about that.
Speaker 2: Even though I don't get to watch the games on television, I'm in the press box, so I'll watch it after Well, no, I won't. I'm not gonna watch that broadcast again unless it goes a certain way. The weather for the game, for you non Florida residents who don't tap into the news and weather, we had a hurricane roll up the Gulf coast. In fact, it should be making landfall really anytime. As I'm taping this on Thursday morning somewhere in the Tallahassee Panhandle area, and that means South Florida got dumped down with rain and wind all week, or it should because I'm speaking in future tense, but we had a tropical storm warning in effect. My wife actually had her day at school canceled today as I'm writing the script. But the rain is supposed to chill out by Saturday. Could be a sloppy Hurricanes game tomorrow night against Virginia Tech as cam Ward goes off for four more touchdowns than four hundred more yards. And then come Monday, you get the post storm humidity, baby, so eighty degrees in the evening light, chance of rain, eighty one percent humidity. Dolphins and Titans. Let's go ahead and meet this Titans team. And you probably know pretty well about these guys, right, I mean, they're AFC, but they're not in the division. After the best run the franchise has enjoyed since the days of Javon Curse and Steve McNair, it's been a challenging couple of years for the boys in Powdered Blue. They were six and eleven last season, spelled the end of the Mike vrabel Era. I think that was a mistake, who was seven and ten the year prior. But they earned the top seed in the AFC back in twenty twenty one, only to be upset in the divisional round by the Cincinnati Bengals. Even though they had three picks and six sacks, or I should say Tannehill threw three picks and took six sacks. They were still in that game, and that was probably the worst game of Tannehill's career, honestly, besides maybe a couple of games against the Bills with us. But they had the ball at the end of the game with a chance to win to go to the AFC Championship Game for the second time in three years. That was, of course, their second straight division title and fourth trip to the playoffs in a five year span. This is where I thought we were going, and I would take all of that. I would take Division round playoffs, AFC Championship Game appearance, four playoff trips, two division titles. I would take that in a heartbeat, wouldn't you. Of course, their best run in almost fifteen years coincided with the arrival of Ryan Tannehill. Who remade his career and played as a top ten quarterback for the better part of three seasons, but then the bottom fell out on him.
Speaker 1: And consequently the team too.
Speaker 2: Now they start second year quarterback who is struggling really, really bad, Will Levis with a new head coach who came from the variation of the Shanahan tree in Brian Callahan, son of Bill Callahan, who worked with Zach Taylor in Cincinnati. They're zero and three, but honestly should have beaten the Bears and the Jets if not for catastrophic mistakes from the quarterback position. They remade their defense this offseason. Seven of the starters are new, six of them are free agent acquisitions, and they have some real matchup problems they can present to you. Let's go ahead and get into their offense here and start with the scheme. One of the more and I put this in quotes, but what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Is I don't love it.
Speaker 2: Is kind of the hit message behind this one of the more. What you see is what you get offenses in the NFL. You might recall this idea when we preview the Bengals a couple of weeks back, or you probably a couple of years back, I should say, but you probably don't, because that would be impressive if you did. But they rarely get out of their eleven personnel grouping. It's eighty percent eleven, ten percent twelve, and no other package has more than two percent play call. So it's like a handful of plays in three games that have been outside of eleven or twelve personnel, and they love to big play hunt and it's kind of worked for them. They currently have the ninth highest explosive play rate in the NFL at nine point three, and part of that is deep route concepts. Part of that is play style of the quarterback, but they like to hit deep drops and attack high to low with an emphasis on vertical and intermediate passing. I don't think quick game is a strength of Will Levis, so that accentuates that concept in my opinion. There's also not a lot of motion, one of the more static offenses in the NFL, currently operating twenty second lowest motion in the NFL. So they should allow Miami to disguise coverages and get to their blitz and sim looks without giving a young quarterback too much intel. Not to mention it's a young quarterback with minimal NFL offense experience behind a new center, Lloyd Cushionberry, who is learning a brand new scheme. He's not the only new starter. In fact, eighty percent of the offensive line is either a new player or in a new position from last year, and they are enduring some severe growing pains going into the year. However, Titans fans were excited because they pivoted from a somewhat antiquated style and focused on you know, trench play and run game and never had enough weapons outside. And that's a big reason why they haven't produced a thirty point game since the end of the twenty twenty one season. And you know, either laugh or cry. It was actually the game against US that ruined our twenty twenty one season that year. They started to the process last year by bringing in DeAndre Hopkins. Then this year they go get Tyler Boyd, they get Calvin Ridley, and they're trying to advance to the more modern game. In fact, here's a quote from Brian Callahan when he got the job. The teams that win the most are generally teams that passed the ball the best, usually because they have really good quarterbacks and usually because they have guys that can make plays on the football outside, and so you're seeing teams invest in that part of the game really across the board, and we are no different. We spent really two top thirty five picks on receivers Jamar Chase and t Higgins, and on a quarterback Joe Burrow, so we've invested in it as well. Talking about this time with the Bengals, I do think that's the shift in the league these days. The passing game has become the focal point. However, that does leave you opportunities to be really effective and efficient running the football because defenses do the same thing. And of course they went out and got Ridley, they went out and they got Boyd and last year they got Hopkins.
Speaker 1: So they've kind of adapted to the modern game.
Speaker 2: After losing AJ Brown, What were you doing in drafting trail On Burks? What were you doing? Now they're here with some decent receivers. How do you attack this scheme? I think you have an opportunity to sort of roll out the kitchen sink and heat up Levis to force him into the quick game. Now, if you miss when you blitz, he can exploit that deep and that's the best element of his game, his size and balance. To you know, I guess kind of withstand pressure or get out and create. I look at his splits against the against blitz and coverage, and I think it tells the story, like show plenty of pressure, occasionally bring it, but make him decipher when is that coming, and then read through six, seven and eight man coverages. I think you can also do that while playing with light boxes because of how infrequently they add extra extra gaps in the running game. It's traditional, it's static, it's eleven personnel, it's routes back to the quarterback. I just really don't like it. I really don't like it, and it's minimal presnat motion. Let's go ahead and actually get into that with our first point here into the Big three verse. The Titans offense number one is to disguise coverage and rush sim packages with a great deal of variance. We've sort of covered this, but the ability to play from a light box against this offense should afford Miami some chances. And it starts up front. We saw how dominant Zach and Kalayis were on Sunday in Seattle. I think you could go into this game with a similar expectation inside cushion, Barry has been pretty solid and they've really struggled at the other spots. Dylan Raidns has a seven pressures allowed at right guard, Pete Scaransky eleven at left guard. They're both tackle converts who I don't think are playing against power very well right now exactly where both Seeler and Campbell excel. And we saw Miami often fan out, especially on third downs against the Seahawks, and that's where you basically leave the A gap vacant and just rush off edge and B gaps and that forces the center to declare which direction he wants to help and you can kind of find your two x two pass rush situation. That that was what happened on the Cater Kohou pick. It was Ogba and Sealer versus the left tackle, left guard, and Connor Williams went to help the right side, as both Jaleen Phillips and Kalais Campbell had their own twist on that side of the formation. So you fan them out, create a two by two situation and just go hunt the quarterback and you should have some success do it that, And if you go back and watch that tape. They got Connor Williams a few times on exactly that the right tackle position has been a major issue with Nicholas Petit Frere, who has the highest number of pressures allowed right now in the NFL sacks allowed and pressure rate, so not going so well, and just real quick to kind of piggyback here or Pyle on. I'm sure you guys have followed you know Kyle Crabs, you probably follow him as well. He's in this like battle right now with a guy that I haven't become familiar with until I saw this tweet exchange about like true pass sets and Kyle just eviscerated this fella on social media about boiling down. You know, this this argument and this concept about the offensive line to this one stat that does not wholly reflect anything. If you get a chance, go check it out, because Kyle spoke exactly how I would Spook speak about the situation and really good stuff there.
Speaker 1: So go check it out.
Speaker 2: But if you think you know, you know, help him right, help out petit Frere and slide your ISOs to JC Latham, who's been awesome. He was my favorite tackle on the class. Him and Joe All I thought were top top tier in the class and they went that high, so that makes sense. But that's a rookie left tackle with limited experience. I think chops speed could present problems there for JC. I think he's well equipped to combat you know, Emmanuel Ogba's power. But JP off the other side, when I watch Petite Frere kind of hate saying that name, it's a mouthful. I see the feet often stop on contact. I see a right post that doesn't anchor against speed off the edge, and I see that bending at the waist, like all the things that equate to bad offensive line play, and I think JP's game is built to exploit to that. Then you add in our fast linebackers behind those big defensive tackles against guards that have struggle with speed, you know, all year long. I think this is a pretty tough matchup for the Titans, and the numbers dictate what you can do. So when he's blitzed it's twenty percent of his drop backs, he only completes fifty five percent for five point three yards per past one touchdown, two picks, just one turnover worthy play, so one of those picks was not really deemed his fault. When he's not blitzed, it's it's the eighty percent obviously seventy one percent completion, but just six point four one three touchdowns, three picks and four turnover worthy play. So sometimes when there's not pressure, he like panics and makes worse decisions, or when he's not blitzed, I should say it's kind of crazy, But then.
Speaker 1: Under pressure it's atrocious.
Speaker 2: Four point five yards per past two turnover worthy plays on twenty eight throws forty seven dropbacks, that gives you fifteen sacks. The Titans have the worst sack allowed ray and Levis has the highest pressure to sack rate at thirty one percent. We only blitzed Trevor Lawrence ten times in the opener, Josh Allen seven times, and then Gino eleven times. We're sitting right around this twenty five percent blitz rate. That's probably a perfect number for what I would.
Speaker 1: Do for Will Levis.
Speaker 2: He holds the ball regardless, which is a key stat for all of this. When blitzed two point nine to six seconds time to throw that is way too high. You can now expect to execute consistently at that number, And it's two point eight two when not blitz and that's also crazy high. We saw the worst example of off field vision from a field vision, I should say, from a quarterback in the game I've ever seen last Sunday from the Dolphins, Like that was the worl first job seeing the field have ever seen. This quarterback is not that far off from that. Let's go ahead and take our first break rate there. Come back on the other side, get to keys two and three. We'll do the defense will predict the game. All of that and much more coming on the Draft Time podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by AutoNation. Second topic here with the Titans offense, I want to break down or how the Dolphins can find victory is to prevent the big play. The small amount of offensive production they've gotten have come from big plays. That's why I think number two is so important here. The big plays have come in the intermediate portion of the field. Levis is ten to fifteen in that ten to nineteen yard range, and I think the design of the offense and the skill sets of these receivers are conducive to that style and approach. The deep ballgame is not typically in rhythm. It usually comes from broken plays, so you won't get released for the receiver one hitch from Levis ball out one on one situations, it's usually after the fact from a scramble and shoot, but when they do hit those three and five step, they want to attack in behind that second level. And that's why Kendall Fuller's availability is a big deal on this one because their two weapons on the upside are Nuke and Ridley, And normally I wouldn't worry about Tyler Boyd. I think he's old and slow at this point of his career. You know, no knock on him. I was a huge fan of his game for a long long time. But I think that we have an issue in the slot that I wasn't going into the year thinking we did, which is again a miss on my part. And this is where I might even get more Javon hauling down in the box count maybe even straight up align him in the slot and play slot cornerback. Actually, that is what I would do. If Fuller can't go activate Bonner, roll Javon the slot, let may play the post and go with Ramsey, Duck, Bonner, holl And Poy and mayor or Poyer in may. I just think that's been really rough so far. For number four in the slot. I think Ramsey alone can really combat this, especially if we play from some too deep and quarter structures with varied robbers that create those small windows in that bread and butter area of the field for them. Robbers are guys that play from too high look and come down and buzz in the middle of the field and try to take away crossing routes from the other side of the formation. That would free up Ramsey to do some of what jay R Alexander did last week and just key Levis and go big play. Hunt got himself a pick six in that process. If he can just kind of camp out and zone, you can do hybrid coverages man one side, zone one side, and mix up your zones on either side of the coverage. If Ramsey can just kind of hang back and read the quarterback's eyes, I like his odds to go snatch one this week. So keep the roof up, mix up your coverage looks, your rush looks, and bait Levis into trying to decipher post snap what the coverage is, because again the pre snap doesn't really do a lot of that for him in this offense, and let Ramsey go hunt big plays. I like that quite a lot, actually, even though Kalais Campbell told us that Weaver showed the entire team clip after clip of guys chasing big plays, which is kind of where they got burned. That's where they've been burned on the big plays they have allowed. And outside of that, the defense has been really good. So if they can correct those things, they can go from the middle of the pack defense to a top ten defense, which this team right now, if they want to win football games, you're gonna have to be a top ten defense, a top ten running game, and hope that the quarterback, hopefully Huntley, can hit a few big splash plays. That is the key to getting a few wins over the next couple of games. But who knows into the future, so whatever. The third thing is tackle, tackle, tackle. The Titans rank twenty six and average yards before contact in the running game, but they're second in yards after contact.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Offensive line sticks running backs are pretty good two point two yards before two point five after. That's kind of remarkable when you think about it. They do better job after they get to get shut a first tackler than they do before they meet that first tackler.
Speaker 1: Taj Spears.
Speaker 2: I love his game. He was the guy that I wanted last year. Again I was wrong. Davon Ahrian is a better player, but Taj Spears is a fantastic tackle breaker, he has great speed pass catching ability, and Tony Pollard is plenty elusive in his own right.
Speaker 1: And then Will Levis. I mean, you've seen it.
Speaker 2: The man has no problem going airborne trying to get five yards to move the chains. He usually gets tackled after about a yard and a half of that. But I've not been a big fan of Levis's game going back to college, and I want to emphasize how much this next thing I'm about to say is a compliment because he plays the position like an absolute lunatic. It's Josh Allen esk without nearly the same level of polish Josh Allen. To me, I'm the biggest Mahomes fan. I used to before I worked in the league. I used to tell my buddy, like, we're taking Texas Tech today because watch this quarterback. Like I was a huge Patrick Mahomes fan. I think Josh Allen is the best quarterback in the league right now. Allry about it. So if you tackle those three guys I think you'll you'll create bad down and distances, You'll open up your ability to get creative, and you'll force takeaways and keep them off the scoreboard more than a couple of times. Additional parts on the offense, I just want to mention the tight end position because it's more of an F spot.
Speaker 1: Their top one is.
Speaker 2: Is Chigakuonko, who's an F not a why he had seven catches for forty six yards and a touchdown this year, But I think that role has changed with the coaching and scheme change. In fact, that's a guy that I would look forward like next off season for the Dolphins is chiga Quonko. If he not going to be using this offense, like you take a six round pick for him, because that's a pretty healthy mix of there's been a pretty healthy mix with the other.
Speaker 1: Two guys they've used.
Speaker 2: Josh Wiley and Nick Vannette have eleven targets or ten catches and eleven targets for seventy six yards, so they've been reliable security blankets. But at seven point six yards per catch, I will take those throws compared to seventeen yards per catch from Ridley or twelve for nuke or even ten for Tyler Boyd. That's the offense the Titans defense. It's better scheme wise. I think I'm gonna cover this one a little more Dolphins slanted because of the uncertain nature of the quarterback. But we are going to proceed as if Tyler Huntley is going to start the game.
Speaker 1: We'll see.
Speaker 2: Maybe this preview podcast doesn't even make any sense now. It is another scheme we are familiar with. Dennard Wilson was the Ravens defensive backs coach last year. Now he's the DC in Tennessee. He spent years to prior to that with the Eagles running offshoots of that Fangio scheme under Sean Decai. So there are some influences that we know well. And what do we know about the Mike McDonald influence is that you blitz blitz again and you no more. They've been just a hair under thirty percent. I think you would expect more from them, but the blitz rates across the league are just way up this year. That's barely top ten in the NFL and all that blitzing, the pressure rate they get is just sixteen point five percent.
Speaker 1: Now, if it's Skyler or Boil.
Speaker 2: Maybe stay home. I have to imagine that number increases a pretty new member of the offense. Boil, someone that holds the ball for way too long Skyler, that would track. But if it's Huntley, I'd be curious because watching all of his dropbacks over the last few days, these are three things I learned about Huntley. One, he's perfectly happy to catch rock throw hookups if it's over the football, which is where those mugged up linebackers will blitz. I have to imagine it's him to the tight end position and the backs for that matter, getting more involved in the passing game. I'm super curious to see, if it's him, how he adjusts to some of the middle of the field concepts, because I like the way he sees the field. But we've also never seen him run an offense like this. But I do think that he can't hit some of those balls, especially with how wide open Tyreek Hill was on some of those routes last Sunday. Number Two, he will make rushers miss and he will run. You can tell that he's been that dude from an athletics standpoint for a while now, because his feel for pressure is and when to go is really really good. He has a good inherent sense of when things are getting bad around him in the pocket. And number three, he has no problems going after one on one matchups when he gets them, and he got them all the time in Baltimore. Like to Rashad Bateman, who can't separate down the field. I doubt he gets the same looks on these guys here, But if they do, I think he'll on cork it and hit a couple of deep balls.
Speaker 1: That was his game at Utah in college.
Speaker 2: Run, run, run, keep them you know, on the field, and then wait for a one on one matchup and chuck it deep and get big explosive plays. You can see why the Ravens liked him for the backup behind Lamar Jackson. Let's go ahead and bypass how to attack that scheme and get into the big three here. Number one, stay with what's working. I beg of you. The inside run game is there. The lanes are there, Take them, just take them now. That might be tough for this week with Jeff Simmons and to Andre Sweat, but my god, man, it is there. Keep going after it. It's quite simple. If the overplay is from the perimeter running game. The only way to get him out of that is to come back inside and keep doing it until they adjust. My biggest thing last week was that I think the assumption was because we hit one successfully in there and they would adjust, but I would run it until they stop it like burn a play to go for one yard to prove they've adjusted. This idea is established the run, which I cannot believe I'm saying here on the podcast. But do it establish that run inside? And we saw it against the Ravens last year. You make those big two gappers run wide, you take advantage of the rush games they want to play. You get the ball off the edge. So I guess, as much as it's stay with what's working, what I think will work is a mixture of outside zone and man gap schemes, so very up those schemes. Try not to let Simmons and Sweat take over the game inside number two, play the hits, the intermediate passing game between the numbers. Again, if it's Tyler Huntley, I'm not gonna talk about the alternative because it's not good. There's an element of his game that we haven't seen in this offense, and quite frankly, really in the history of this system, going back to Mike Shanahan, I suppose he had Jake Plummer. But the modern day version of these quarterbacks isn't exactly the most athletic. You know, Jordan Love features some of that, but Tua, Purdy, Stafford Burrow, these are not quarterbacks that you run zone read with. Right, we saw the Niners go after Trey Lance, and I was so pumped to see what element he could add to this offense, my favorite system to watch the entire league. He just didn't develop the critical parts of his game enough for them to even get to that point. And now maybe we do get that shot again. If it is Huntley, regardless of quarterback, Reek and Waddell can win in those areas. And if you hit those throws, if you can hit some of those over the ball, catch rock throw hookups I talked about earlier, I think that can entice them to possibly play some man coverage maybe, And if we get to that deep routes, quarterback run game season all day long, baby, I'm intrigued by that possibility. There are three Titans players to discuss within this segment.
Speaker 1: Kenneth Murray.
Speaker 2: First, you might recall the linebacker last year of the Chargers went after him in that season opening game. The middle of the field passing game and running vertical portion of that position is just not his game. He wants to come downhill, he wants to go with sideline, and sideline does not want to turn his back to the football. And the addition of Ernest Jones allows them to play more in that role, or Canneth to play more in that role, I should say, and they will use both those guys mugged up, they will come, they will back out on edges. I mean, you've seen it. And that's why I think the tight ends are so important. I think about the skills of Tanner Connor that he features. We've seen him get some run. I think the tight end position has really struggled this year. But man, if there's one guy in this league whose game is not matching a vertical three, which is like a a slot receiver basically, it's Jamal Adams, and I think you might be able to shoot some shots into the hook, get him creeping up and then go vertical over the top.
Speaker 1: And I think Huntley can hit those throws.
Speaker 2: And I think Tanner Connor could be that guy, or maybe it's John Ui Smith and we get our first like John new Game of the Year, the third player Lugerious Sneid. Of course, Adams and Murray are middle of the field players, but Sneed loves to play two and two man and get all up in Tyreek Hill's grill. So with the quarterback run game, if you get him on jet sweeps and how teams have to overplay that, now you have a quarterback who can pull that thing out of the jet sweep or the end a round and zone read that thing around the back side and force another hat into the fit. I think that changes the way teams have adjusted to the carries we give receivers off the perimeter or players on end to rounds. Like you can really expand things in the running game with hunting in the game. But again, if they want Snead playing man coverage and they blitz and the quarterback can make those blitzers miss with the DB's and man coverage, that's how you get explosive runs from the quarterback. So like Tyler Huntley, playing gives me a reason to go to the ballpark. Otherwise I don't have one, and we don't have an explosive run all year. We led the NFL explosive runs last year runs a fifteen plus yards.
Speaker 1: We don't have any this year. I think we get some of those in this game.
Speaker 2: Let's go ahead and take the last break right there and come back and do thing three.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about the what's at stake.
Speaker 2: The keys of the game, and make a prediction here on the Draft Time podcast, your host Travis Wingfield, brought to you by Auto Nation. My third key to Dolphins offense first Titans defense. If Tron Armstead cannot go, I think you can lean on Austin Jackson, who's been fantastic out there sans one quarter against Von Miller in a twenty one point deficit with SCOTTR. Thompson in the game, I digress. He's been great in space in the run game. He's been really good recognizing things in the rush game, and if you do slide against a good pass rush, I think Austin is equipped to iso things up out there. But also I think Aaron Brewer has an argument to be made that he's been the best player on the Dolphins offense through three games. But the last thing you want to do is have him in true drop back, true pass sets, trying to anchor against this big Titans interior defensive line. It's not a knock on Aram. Those are just two of the biggest, strongest defensive tackles in the league. Anybody would struggle against those guys. But that's also just not his game. And the reason we see him killing him is that he's been in position to do what he does best, get out in space and beat second level defenders to the spot. Now he has done a marvelous job of pinning and walling off, but I think he's seen a player. I don't think he's seen a player like Simmons from a skill set standpoint, and I don't think he's seen someone like Sweat yet from a pure size standpoint. So horizontal stretch I think can create conflict for both of their best players and their players that you think might be able to go after them, like the guys that you can create conflict for the Murrays the Adams of the world on this defense. Additional parts I didn't talk about in the defense. Cheetoh Woose is a physical cornerback that I quite like, and they will leave him on an island.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's a matchup they can trust.
Speaker 2: All game against Waddle, So when they inevitably roll Adams down to the box, if you get that matchup to me, that's an alert.
Speaker 1: Hey seventeen, you're hot right here. We're going to take a shot.
Speaker 2: Amani Hooker is a terrific safety who plays with really good anticipation, So if it's not Huntley, I would expect him to make a play. We didn't even mention Harold Landry or Arden Key. Landry's been a great pass rusher. Key has not been that guy so far for them this year. You'll hear from the guys on a Friday's podcast that they really missed Denico Autry. But these guys, their strength and size and power allows them to run a lot of picks off of games and use speed to power and play the run on the way to the quarterback, which are all hallmarks of this defense. What's at stake here? We just have to get back on track, right. You got to get this one. Get back to two and two. Go on a short week up to New England for a chance to get back over five hundred into the by with reinforcements. Hopefully on the way, you could conceivably get you know after shoot it could be after this game. Chubb, obj good Win, creak Craft, Campsmith are all eligible to return after the Titans game. This is a find away game, and you know what, the conference is in tatters right now, so finding a way to get back to two and two kind of put you back in the mix. Like I said before, it's a long season. Let's get this one and see what we can get from a health standpoint these next few weeks.
Speaker 1: Also, it's a conference game.
Speaker 2: Those are important in tie breaking scenarios, and gosh, the way Buffalo looks right now, it might be for a wild card spot at this point. This is all spoken from the concept that Tui returns, which who the hell knows what happens. I still think it's very dubious at best. And if it's not Tua in the future, then you know, I'm more curious about a top draft pick. Keys to victory, explosives in the running game.
Speaker 1: We have to get those this week. You absolutely have to.
Speaker 2: No matter who plays quarterback number two, Varier, rush and coverage against Titans offense, Confuse will Levis, make him think, make him pat the ball, make him look for the second and third read because he can't do it. Number three, get eleven hats to the football and tackle these guys. Their best offense is ty J Spears, Tony Pollard and Will Levis breaking tackles. Don't let them do it. The range of outcomes and predictions. I think this is a close game no matter what. I give us no chance if we don't have Huntley at quarterbacks, so just know that's the case. I will pick the Titans. I'll probably say like sixteen to six or sixteen to ten, something like that. If we start Huntley Huntley, I think we win by a touchdown, like seventeen ten, maybe twenty thirteen, something like that. I think they will start Tyler. I think he'll add enough to the running game. I think Mike will make the adjustments he has to write, and I think they'll pull this one off. I'll go seventeen thirteen final with Huntley sixteen to ten without him with a loss.
Speaker 1: What a fun game. Oh man.
Speaker 2: You all please be sure to subscribe, rate, review the podcast. Go ahead and follow me on social at Wingfield NFL. Follow the team at Miami Dolphins. Check out the fish Tank podcast. My guys Seth and Juice, the Kenyan Drake episode is up.
Speaker 1: It is great.
Speaker 2: Check out the YouTube channel for a brand new edition of Dolphins HQ tonight at six o'clock, all the media availabilis and so much more, and last but not least, Miami Dolphins dot Com. Until next time, fins up Carolin and Cameron, Daddy's Coming Home.