Speaker 1: You're listening to the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast DAM Paranormal podcast network, where we offer you podcasts of the paranormal, supernatural, and the unexplained. Get ready now for Beyond Contact with Captain Rong.
Speaker 2: Welcome to our podcast. Please be aware the thoughts and opinions expressed by the host are their thoughts and opinions only and do not reflect those of iHeartMedia, iHeartRadio, Coast to Coast AM, employees of Premiere Networks, or their sponsors and associates. We would like to encourage you to do your own research and discover the subject matter for yourself.
Speaker 3: Hey everyone, it's Captain Ron and each week and Beyond Contact, we'll explore the latest news in ufology, discuss some of the classic cases, and bring you the latest information from the newest.
Speaker 4: Cases as we talked with the top experts. Welcome to Beyond Contact. I'm Captain Ron, and today we have two friends returning to the show. They have each individually been doing great work in the space and now together they are two of the co founders of Ontocolypse Productions. That's Kelly Chase and Jay Christopher King, the two people behind the new series called Cosmosis, UFOs and a New Reality. Hey guys, great to see you.
Speaker 5: Hey Ron, thanks so much for having us.
Speaker 4: So good to be here. Of course, we're looking forward to Contact in the Desert. You guys are going to be there this year. It's going to be a lot of fun.
Speaker 6: Absolutely can't wait. We've been talking about it. Actually my favorite event of the year. Yeah, it's an absolute blast.
Speaker 4: Awesome. So I watched the first three episodes of your series and I really enjoyed it. It was very refreshing to me because you guys actually took an entirely new, honest approach to this phenomenon, kind of like I expected you would, you know, I find it very refreshing that it's not just another one of these UFO docs that rehashes versions of what we've already heard and what we already know, but rather I found it to be a very honest, hard look at the UFO phenomenon and the different anomalies and the different ways we probably should be looking at this topic. You can tell you guys put a lot of work into this and a lot of thought about how to craft that. What was that like?
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, well, thank you so much.
Speaker 6: Ron, I really appreciate that, you know, it's been It was a really long journey, and I think, you know, Jay and I kind of spent about eighteen months from start to finish on this project really trying to figure out what it was going to be, because we wanted to create something that was accessible to, you know, people who are newer to this topic. But we also didn't want to just be treading the same trails over and over and over again. We wanted to do what we could to move the conversation forward, and to do so in a way that experiencers and other people in the community you've been studying this stuff for a long time, felt sort of seen and represented, and it wasn't just kind of the same old news clippings that we've been rehashing for the past, you know, several years.
Speaker 4: Now. We see that all the time, So that really was an awesome part for me. You know. In this series, you guys also explore this larger notion, one that I've actually been expressing a lot on this very show lately, and that's that government disclosure is not this simple quick thing that people think it ought to be, Like here's the aliens, and here's the ships, and that's it. If we suddenly became apparent to one hundred percent of the population that everyone understands that the UFO phenomenon is now indeed real, then all of our trusted legacy institutions that we've come to rely on to understand our world for years and years and years, the government, media, academia, all of these suddenly were completely wrong and you're faced with questioning everything they told us.
Speaker 7: Right, Yeah, Our second episode in Cosmosis is very much along those lines, examining like how do we accept what's true? How do we kind of like trust legacy institutions, academia, you know, the government, it startups, science, anything along these lines, like how do we trust these people? How do we find trust? How do we find out our beliefs? Like how do we find out about our own world? And you know, as Kelly mentions in the second episode, you know, we don't have to know how to change our oil in our car because our mechanic does. We don't have to know how to fix a broken arm because our doctor does, right, and we trust each other. But then what happens when that trust starts to break down? And what we see in this subject is that there's such a range of things that you can really zero in on that are of utmost importance to us, not just as individuals, but as a culture, as a society. There are so many people that want to focus and very understandable on the cover up, the giant cover up that has existed in various world governments for seventy years, eighty years, you know, possibly a lot longer than that, in various societies. And at the same time, we have to recognize that the national security state is not about transparency and it never has been right. And so how do we look at that? Is there a way to look at this phenomenon more directly with fresh eyes? Can we study this ourselves, Like, how do we approach this without looking at the Rubik's cube, without looking at like the crazy rat mas the four D chess game that is the national security state? Is there a way around that? Is there a way to really kind of embrace this stuff on our own and really like look at each other, compare notes with each other, and like make progress because it seems to me and I know, you know, I don't want to speak for Kelly, but we have to take an all roads approach to these issues for sure.
Speaker 4: You know, you guys also look at how government secrecy might be far more complicated and far more intentional than I think most people believe. It's the way the UFO secret was handled. It's not just a matter of deny every time someone says, hey, I saw a UFO, Well deny that. But rather it's an orchestrated perception management for the public at large to not believe this. If you stigmatize this subject and make people afraid to talk openly about it, which made this cover up possible, it's not really a secret as much as it's a conditioning to just ignore it all together.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, I think that's a great assessment of the situation. And I think what makes that so complicated is that, you know, now we're left kind of asking questions about, you know, what can we do outside of that, Like how can we possibly make sense of things when we know that so much of the information that we've gotten about this topic has been so sullied.
Speaker 5: By that cover up?
Speaker 6: And also, you know, even as disclosure moves forward, like Jay and I both very much support disclosure, I think getting our government to be more transparent with us about really anything, especially this topic is extremely important, I mean really exactly exactly, and we're all about that. The problem becomes that at a certain point we let the disclosure narrative kind of subsume the conversation about ufology and what this thing actually is and most of the information that we're getting about it, and that the information that people tend to take the most seriously is that information that's coming to us through the military intelligence apparatus, which are the same people who've been lying to us from the beginning. And if they've changed their minds and now they suddenly want to start telling us more about it, it's probably not because they're having a crisis of conscience, and probably because it serves some other function or answers some other risk that's emerged.
Speaker 8: But the thing, the information we're getting from them is not transparency. It's just information that they would like us.
Speaker 4: To have exactly. It's not. And in fact, you guys point that out very specifically, Kelly. The way you cite that Paul Benowitz's case, the famous case, which I think is the one that Richard Dody talks about as well, and he came forward about all of his involvement with that. This shows how it isn't simply just denial. Instead, it's an intentional manipulation of someone's beliefs. They let him think that he was seeing an ET and they acted like they were working with him, but in fact they were feeding him disinformation the entire time. This is really disturbing. Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 7: I mean he was near an Air Force base in Albuquerque, and you know, Greg Bishop in his great book Project Beta really goes into this case and a lot of depth, and we have Greg in for the show to talk about it, and Daniel Alzando and Kelly and I both kind of amplify that a bit. Paul Benowitz, he was a good citizen. He saw weird stuff in the sky around the air Force base and he chose to report it, and it got him into giant amounts of trouble because all of a sudden there were these disinformation agents like Richard Dody, who Greg believed to be like other factions through the NSA, that were actually actively disinforming him. They handed him in a computer and he built an antenna, and they started feeding him these wild messages that seemed to be from off world intelligences and here trade themselves as such.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all that people onion, like you're explaining here. To me, it's almost more scary to think that they could manipulate you like that than facing a real alien.
Speaker 6: No, I think it is terrifying, and I think it's something that we need to take more seriously. We actually went back and forth about whether or not we would even include Richard Doty in that story, because he has a major character in the Paul Benowitt story and we as he is in a lot of stories about disinformation. But we ended up deciding not to. Yeah, no, we didn't. We didn't mention him, and I think part of the reason we decided to do that was I think sometimes it's really easy for us to have boogeyman, you know, and to take all of these kind of nefarious activities and to assign them to one individual and say, oh, he's bad. And what we really wanted to emphasize was not like, here's Richard Doughty and he did some bad things, but rather, this is how the system works. The system works to both produce and encourage doties.
Speaker 4: You made an excellent choice by doing that, and then I come in here and spill it, Oh, that was Richard Doty. I didn't mean Oh no, No, it's a.
Speaker 5: Good part of the conversations. He's a huge part of the story.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, it is a part. Yeah, and we knew we were going to amplify it in situations like this on podcasts and appearances later. You know, there's kind of like the core meat of the show Cosmosis itself that's going to start conversations like this one where we can really dig into the details and we can really kind of like sift through that and amplify things and start to like send people down those wonderful UFO rabbit holes that Kelly has charged it out, so well, thanks mad him to say that.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 4: Listen, when we come back, we're going to talk to Jay and Kelly some more about how the government may be hiding the truth and specifically about Errow, the organization that was supposedly here to provide transparency for us on the topic. Ha ha. Anyway, you're listening to Beyond Contact on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal podcast network. We are back on Beyond Contact. We're speaking with Jay, Christopher King, and Kelly Chase about their new series, Cosmosis, UFOs and a new reality. Kelly I found it very interesting in the piece when you pointed out that arrow spent I think it was one hundred thousand investigating the topic of UFOs, but they spent over a million dollars to hire a PR agency to control the messaging. This is very telling, Yes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, isn't it though? Yeah, that one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: It was for a joint study with NASA, which in and of itself is a little bit funny because I think NASA probably has a lot more out there, like NASA all of a sudden being like, Ash, we should really look into the UFO thing. It's like a little bit funny objectively, but still it seems like a good use of funds. But only one hundred thousand dollars. That's like a press release and some snacks like I don't know what you're going to do with that. But they spent one point nine million dollars on contracting with an organization that does like perception management for.
Speaker 8: The DoD That's what they do.
Speaker 6: It's what it says on their website, and so it feels like all you have to do is follow the money and you know where people's priorities are.
Speaker 4: It's very very telling and very scary to me. You know, Arrow has been clearly nothing more than a disinformation campaign from my view. You guys interviewed a witness in your series and he testified to them for four hours. I think it was. And we all know others who have testified. We've all interacted with these people, the government and military guys who give their full testimony to Arrow. And then Ero comes out with a statement saying there's nothing at all to indicate anything of an et nature that must hurt these guys. And you know, they could have come on out and said it's not definitive, we are not one hundred percent sure what's happening. That's fine. I don't know what's happening. I don't think you guys know. I don't know anybody that knows what's happening. But to flat out say nothing was offensive to me, not just that.
Speaker 7: But I went down It was one of the few shoots that Kelly didn't go on. I think it was the only shoot that Kelly didn't go on actually for the whole series. I went down to well an undisclosed location with Jordan Flowers or one of our other EPs, and we shot with Mario woods, like an incredible UFO witness, very pertinent to so many things, including the recent quote unquote Jersey drones, this whole kind of flap that's been happening recently over military installations and other places like pickets in the arsenal agus and others. And Mario was faced with this back in nineteen seventy seven. He was guarding a nuclear launch facility in South Dakota and he saw a giant fireboot ball that he describes as the size of a Walmart building, which is quite evocative and maybe tells you where he lives in the world, not in the middle of New York City like some of us. And he saw beings there and like they were right over a launch facility, I mean right over where these missiles come out of the doors. And he disappeared. They couldn't find him for hours, and his jeep showed up in the middle of the mud and snow with no tire tracks around it, miles from where they disappeared. It's an extraordinary case. You know, this is a guy who's very plugged in with people like Robert Hastings and Robert Solace. They're all very conversant. They talk to each other. You know, Robert Hastings of course, who wrote the seminal text UFOs and Nukes, and Mario he showed me while I was there, he showed me and Jordan the correspondence between him and Arrow and it went back and forth, and Arrow was blowing so much smoke to Mario about like, you know, what it would do and how they needed his testimony and what they would do with it and this, that and the other thing. And we were able to show one of those docs on the show, and that was an exclusive for us that I really appreciate Mario giving to us. But like you know, these are liars. They're not just liars to the public in general. And they're not just doing this for perception management. I mean these are institutional level liars. That's what they do there. And this whole like facade where it's like, oh, Kirkpatrick, he's you know, he moved on to Oak Ridge, and so we've got another guy. And then you have these ex military, these ex intelligence X intelligence, as if that's even a thing. They sit there and they say, oh, well there's a new guy. Let's give them another year and let's see what happens. And it's like, how long are we going to hit How long are we going to hit fresh and repeat on this? How long are we going to be lying to and allow these people to say, like, let's give him more time, Let's give him more time. We know what they're doing and it's.
Speaker 4: Forever because they did it with grunge, they did it with you know, blue book, all of these sign This has been going on since the dawn of the modern UFO era and it's just discussed to me, and I think it's getting worse and worse today as social media is clearly being used to manipulate perceptions by the public, foreign adversaries purposely trying to infiltrate our social media and persuade people. I think it's done right here at home. I'm sure that we feed this beast specifically on this topic, and we can see how easily people can be manipulated by being fed disinformation that has played out before all of us in the last five years. So ultimately, I think this is headed in the wrong direction. It's going to get a lot worse, not better, with the proliferation of deep fakes and AI. What do you guys think?
Speaker 5: No, I completely agree. I think that in some ways.
Speaker 6: We've always been our own worst enemy in the UFO community, you know, because we are so networked to each other, and because it's such a small community, and because everyone's so hungry for more information that we've always been kind of ripe for that in terms of intelligence, you know, infiltration. But social media is absolutely ramped it up to a whole other level. And I don't think that there's nearly enough conversation going on in our communities about how do we kind of have hygiene in both like the personal and the community level where we're kind of stepping back and trying to keep ourselves from getting to you know, as we're bringing all of this stuff in. You see, like anytime there's new piece of information or like a new person who claims to be a whistleblower, or you know, a new something that's released, everyone descends like filters.
Speaker 5: And we're like no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 6: But in doing that by jumping on things so immediately, by always feeling like we need to offer an opinion or to come down on a side, or like decide who's right and wrong on these things, and like kind of the topic of the day that comes out in the community I think that we're kind of doing the intelligence community's job for them in terms of muddying the waters.
Speaker 8: And I think at a community level it would really.
Speaker 6: Behoove us to have more conversations about how to handle this stuff better.
Speaker 4: I can imagine people just loving it sitting back that are doing this because we, like you said, do the work for them and disseminate that and fight over it and everything. You know, in fairness, this does happen not just in our community, Like even I've heard how they talk about this in the sports world, how they're all fighting to be the first to release that this guy's going to get signed by this company for this night, and they're all fighting to be that one because you've got to follow this guy who's going to have the information first. And it's great that this information is being shared by a lot of people and not just coming from the top. But on the other hand, it's getting really kind of messy now, and it's just going to get worse in my view. You know, another interesting point that someone made on your doc that some of the secrecy is unintentional, which is something that I have never thought about. I thought that was novel. People naturally don't like talking about things that we don't understand, and we typically don't like sharing those things with others. Now, I personally think the exact opposite of that. There's no point in talking about what we know, anything that's been discovered or known to me. It's like, well, it's already out there. Whatever I want to talk about the unknown.
Speaker 7: Well, I think that's what sets people like you and Kelly and I and many of your listeners apart from the general kind of consensus reality out there.
Speaker 4: Hoth my listeners, yeah, all of them, all of them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, No, I think that. You know, sometimes it's it's a conscious bias towards wanting to kind of shave off the inconvenient details. You see something really weird, you see what seems to be a ghost, and like something else happens. You hear a voice, or there's something that seems to be connected to it, but you can't make a rational connection for somebody else that makes any sense because all of this stuff, you know, it's all under the rubric of high strangeness. Right, we need to talk about it because we need a fuller picture. People will sit there and they'll be like, ah, I don't know, like I feel like these two things are connected. This thing happened, and then two weeks later, this other thing happened. I can't draw a rational connection, So how can I tell somebody else? It'll just make it sound more crazy. And so people self edit and sometimes like your brain even you know, depending on the level of cortisol and your brain and or cortisol pumping through your body and other things like this, like people well or yes, it could be that. But like regardless of whether somebody sober, tired, or in some other their state, the brain has a magical ability to essentially take out the trash when we find ourselves in a situation that's incredibly stressful. This happens in car accidents, this happens when people fall off ladders. This happened. Trauma and people have heart attacks, any kind of trauma. And for the brain to see something that's so against a conception of reality, it seems to have a similar response in certain situations with high strangeness. And so people will have this kind of patchy memory of this stuff as well. And so then there's the aspect of like it's half there and it's half not there, Like I shouldn't mention that either. But you know, it's important to remember that, like for years people would see grays, people would ask like what kind of clothes they were wearing, and people would be embarrassed to say, like, well, it didn't look like they were wearing clothes, And so for years in the literature that was something that was less reported on because it just seems so wild that like there would be some being and then that it wouldn't be wearing clothes.
Speaker 4: You know, hilarious. You have this encounter something from another world, whatever that world may be, and this is your concern. We're going to take a quick break there, guys. When we come back, we're going to talk more to Jay and Kelly about some of the strange occurrences and how they're more prevalent than we realize, and also how these things parallel mainstream religion. Oftentimes you're listening to Beyond Contact and the iHeartRadio on Coast to Coast am Paranormal podcast network. We are back on Beyond Contact. We're speaking with Jay King and Kelly Chase. We were talking about how these strange occurrences happen to people, and this was an interesting thing that I thought came through your series for me was that in general, we don't think societally that these strange occurrences happen very often. In fact, I think the average person on the street probably thinks that they happened to a very select few, many of whom are crazy. But when you talk to each individual, you find it incredible how often nearly everyone has some type of strange occurrence in their life, not necessarily a full blown UFO alien abduction case, but a strange, unexplainable experience. Nonetheless, stories of ghosts as you mentioned, Jay, or cryptids, and all of these things go back thousands of years.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, I think that for us that was something that we really wanted to get across. So I'm glad that I'm glad that it did come across, because you know, I've had such a strange experience with this myself. Jay is somebody who's a lifelong experiencer, but I'm someone who only came to this in the last few years and started to really take it seriously, and even going through my own process, it's wild to me that I saw a UFO when I was thirteen years old, but then I spent the rest of my life up until just a few years ago when I started taking this seriously, thinking that UFOs weren't real.
Speaker 5: How do you square those things?
Speaker 6: And as you begin to sort of unpass all of these things I think most people have, whether it's synchronicities, it's some sort of an encounter with or communication from a dead loved one, you know, all of these things in the course of our day to day lives. The walls of our reality tend to be very solid, and yet there are these kind of breakthrough moments, but they happen so briefly. They usually happen around trauma or a bunch of other things going on in your life. And I think it's really easy to just sort of like skip past that part and just be like, well, I don't think about that too much, and you just assume that you're wrong somehow and you carry on. But I think that once people get more educated about the structure and the content of these experiences, how they take place, what it's like, how it impacts people that they start to.
Speaker 5: Recognize in their own life. They're like, oh, something like.
Speaker 8: That did happen to me. I just didn't have a way to like categorize it or explain it.
Speaker 4: Agreed one hundred percent. You know, it's interesting also how this phenomenon seems to parallel religions far more closely than again, I think most people want to accept. There's a moment in your piece where Jeffrey Kreipwall makes an amazing comment to me. I thought it was great where he says, in the ancient world, when we hear someone say, oh, they came down from the sky and they called it religion, but when somebody says that exact same thing today they call it a crazy person. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, And I mean Jeff Kreipel has made such an amazing career and has really contributed to the field, contributed not just to our field, not just to the paranormal, not just to uthology, but to religious studies all together, and even to just like the social sciences at large. I mean, he's really respected as such a figure these days within the social sciences community. You know, he chairs the department at RICE, He's been the dean of Humanities down there in the past. You know, Jeff really takes this stuff incredibly seriously and even thinks that this is really the future of social sciences at large. You know, whether it's anthropology, whether you're looking at religious study theology, you know, psychology. There are so many aspects of the soft science, as they're sometimes called, that really could be well informed by the history of anomalous phenomena. And it's absolutely true. I'm so glad that we have Diana Pisalka on cosmosis, so glad that we have Jeff Kreipel on cosmosis, and Stephen Finley, doctor Stephen Finley, who contributes incredibly well to cosmosis. People that really look at religious studies, because if we're looking at something that impacts culture at the level of myth and that it's passed around by anecdote and it affects our belief system so much, that's exactly what religious studies scholars do. We're not just like sitting there and talking to a priest. We're talking about the people that study the Catholic Church, that study these religions and how they operate. There's a difference there, There's a nuance there that people need to really understand. We're not throwing these two things together. We're using the advantages of these experts that look at belief systems incredibly important when you're dealing with a phenomenon like this.
Speaker 4: I felt even before I got into this topic eleven years ago, my whole life, I had a hard time squaring how people that believe in this kind of a thing, UFOs and whatnot were crazy, But people that believe these things that happen in religion and all of those things that are take magic is accepted. You know. I was immediately reminded when I heard that quote by Kreipel of something that Whitley talks about in Communion. Actually, when he compared the stories from thousands of years ago, how there'll be an account, and it was that the fairies came down from the trees, and he described these beings with the big eyes and these little guys. Then you turn the page and it's like a modern day abduction story about these beings came down from the sky. It very well, maybe the exact same experience that's happening, but we're seeing it through a different lens. We live in the space age a thousand years ago that was way beyond the way of thinking.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 6: I think it's if we lose track of our history that we end up losing a lot of the phenomenon. When we deal with the unknown, we're kind of left grasping.
Speaker 8: For whatever can.
Speaker 6: Septual tools or ideas or memes are most available to us, and so inevitably these encounters with things that are so far beyond our understanding end up being wrapped in sort of the cultural zeitgeist of the day, and it introduces a subjectivity into the experience. I think that can make it really challenging for us to tackle because we're comparing these things that are very similar but that are different that change over time. As tough as that is, I think that like coming to terms with like, Okay, that's the reality of what we're dealing with here, So how do we approach this? It's about not demanding that the data conforms to our expectations of the kind of data that we would like to work with, but instead looking at the data as it exists and trying to be innovative about how we're going to approach it in a way that we can make progress.
Speaker 4: You know, you guys also illustrate how anyone who's had one of these experiences, or those like me who have just trust the data from experiencers, can really have a personal paradigm shift in their way of thinking. They often can have a whole new worldview based on these experiences, and often it goes well beyond just the UFO aspect of this. People sometimes experience additional phenomenon like telepathic abilities, precognition, levitation, other sigh related effects.
Speaker 7: It's interesting, right, because there's a bit of a chicken in the egg situation here. Did the initial experience kind of break open somebody's head in such a way that they became more perceptually aware of this range of these kinds of edge states, these edges of perception, Yeah, as a causal like that. And then there are other folks, for example Gary Nolan, who's the head of the pathology department at Stanford University and it's quite a prominent figure in the field these days. He also puts forward that there might be differences in the brains of people that are having these experiences regardless of modality, like multi modality experiencers. You know how some people their second toe is longer than their first hour ear lobes or something like this. And there's such a study even from the intelligence community, but also now among researchers about these family lines. You know that we find these family lines of experiencers that can go back generations, like we show on cosmosis, the case of Courtney lafal him. We see one of his sons on the show, we see his grandmother. They're all experiencers, and they're all multi modality experiencers. Courtney and his grandmother they saw a UFO together when Courtney was a child, and then that opened up a conversation in the family where she was able to tell him that she and other family members had seen UFOs in the past. With that and other experiences, it really not just like opened up the conversation among the family in a way that could engender a sense of honesty and openness about all these things, making people closer together, more intimate, but it also kind of opened up Courtney's worldview. He felt allowed to look at this stuff. And as he felt maybe allowed to look at this stuff and was able to kind of embrace it on that level. He found this stuff, he found more things. He found situations of mediumship, He found situations of precognition, culture, geist, activity, and so much else.
Speaker 4: You know, we also can't separate out consciousness from the UFO phenomenon. In fact, aspects of the afterlife also seem clearly related to the phenomenon.
Speaker 6: Some way right, absolutely, and I think we're only just coming to terms with what that really means. You know, we definitely have this sense that there's this connection. I think experiencers in particular have a real experiential understanding that this has something to do with consciousness and with the afterlife, you know, all of these things that we're really not talking about one phenomenon, but kind of a meta phenomenon that encompasses all of these different, unknown and often ignored aspects of.
Speaker 8: Human experience and just what it means to be alive.
Speaker 6: You know, the science is finally starting to catch up in terms of our understanding of consciousness and quantum mechanics and the structure of the universe that are going to not just allow us but force us to look at our reality differently. And I think that in beginning to understand that that more about the UFO phenomenon is going to begin to make sense to us. And so like, there could be a more exciting time, I think, to be studying these things, because I think we're about to make progress in a place where we've been stymied for a while.
Speaker 4: God, I hope. So when we come back, we're going to talk to Jay and Kelly Moore about the deeper complexities of the UFO phenomenon that go well beyond just a spacecraft flying in from another solar system. You're listening to Beyond Contact on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal podcast network. We are back on Beyond Contact talking to Jay and Kelly here. As j points out, many of the current modalities we have on this topic all have their flaws. We may be encountering something so much more beyond the scales of what we can even currently grasp, right. Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 7: There's a wonderful philosopher named James Madden that we were able to bring onto the show. He's done incredible work. He recently published a book called Unidentified Flying hyper Object where he really kind of gets into this idea and many other ideas. But one of these ideas is that when we talk about UFOs, we often focus on the unidentified part, and we often focus on the flying part, but we don't look at the object part. And according to him, like that may be an issue because getting into the kind of like the philosophy of this, like what is an object? Are we making assumptions about what an object is? And especially with something like that can appear as a nuts and bolts craft versus like orb phenomena or something even more vaporous than that. You know, maybe we have been making some overboard assumptions about what we really term as an object or what kinds of classes of objects we're looking at, And so with him, he's talking about things like a hyper object is a situation where there's an object that operates on such a grand scale, And often this is something that we wouldn't think of as an object, like, for example, a pizza restaurant is an example that's using the show. You could replace all the things in a pizza restaurant and it would still be considered by the people in the neighborhood as the same pizza restaurant. You know, the employees could change the ovens, could change everything like that, but we still think of it as the same pizza hut, whatever you have there. If you go bigger than that, there's the corporation level, or like there's the economy, and these are things that are so big, These are concepts that are so big we articulate them as a thing the economy, but we can't really grasp even the best economists, they can't understand at any given moment what the heck the economy is truly doing on every single layer at any one particular time. And what he's suggesting that essentially, it's possible that anomalous phenomenon that UFOs et cetera, could be operating on such a grand scale that it is functioning akin to that, like the economy, a situation that we're trying to wrap our heads around with these edge states, something that may be absolutely impossible for our human minds to completely wrap our arms around.
Speaker 4: It's an interesting way of thinking, it really is. One other takeaway that I had was that we do not have to wait for the government to spoon feed us these answers. But the phenomenon is everywhere if you look, and we should just be more open about sharing our strange experiences with one another, not afraid to talk about them, then perhaps would be able to get closer to the answers. Hopefully this series will provoke a dialogue. Was that part of your mission?
Speaker 6: Yes, from the very beginning, I think of all the things that we wanted to accomplish, that that I think was first and foremost in our minds. Jay and I really believe in this sort of punk rock d ui d u I dy.
Speaker 4: Approach to let's bring up Kelly, let's.
Speaker 5: Keep it on Brodian flip.
Speaker 6: No, listen, the intelligence community, they're not even necessarily doing something bad or nefarious. Like we've set up these institutions to protect us in certain ways. Their job isn't to like reveal the secrets of the universe to us. Their job is to keep us safe and mitigate risk, figure out what those risks are before we do, and never tell us about it so we can all go about having our lives. Which isn't to say that they haven't done bad things also, but I mean, I think the real point is that, like we're asking for something from the intelligence apparatus that's like it's fundamentally not set up to do.
Speaker 8: In fact, it's set up to do the opposite of that.
Speaker 6: It seems like the whole conversation has gotten caught in the jaws of this disclosure narrative that's being run, for better or for worse by the intelligence community, you know, to us, it seems like you should just you can just go around like you just literally don't have to let that be the center of the conversation. But what we're talking about is understanding a non human intelligence or potentially many of them in our interaction with those things. And the thing that we're supposed to believe about this within the disclosure narrative is that, like, the best data that we can have is data that's given us to us by other people that they can either confirm nor deny about the vehicles that these things ride around in. And it's like, but why wouldn't we just go talk to the people who've interacted with these things anything.
Speaker 4: If you talk about refrigerator repair, go talk to the guy who repairs refrigerators. Why you're waiting for some guy who won't tell you about refrigerators and says he doesn't know anything. Why do we wait for them? It's a great analogy, Kelly, It really is. I think some people in this community, we do entertain what the experienceers have to say, and we do take them at their word, and we are open to their things. But I think in general, most of the people in the world, certainly in our country, aren't necessarily as invested in this topic, do you know. I think that's part of it. You know, I felt this piece was so great and I thought Whitley was just fantastic in it. It's kind of come full circle for him because this is gaining some strength and some momentum and he should get his day.
Speaker 7: You know, Whitley is such a legend. I mean, for so many different reasons. Communion of Course was such an early and important seminal work in the field. It really busted with him and Bud Hopkins work at the outset between that and like Missing Time and Intruders, they really just the doors open on this topic as far as the abduction phenomenon, as far as like interaction things like that. You know, Whitley was such a trailblazer and he continues to be a trailblazer. I mean, his recent book Them absolutely incredible in terms of looking at the high strangeness effects and the kind of inconvenient details that we're really talking about on the show. Them was a huge, huge inspiration both Kelly and I in working on the kind of like groundwork that we laid for the show. As a new book, the Fourth Mind, that really gets into the grays, and I'm really looking forward to the conversation around that later this year. It's going to be absolutely wonderful to hear from him that way. But yeah, I mean he deserves every accolade. He deserves to have this resurgence, and it's so absolutely wonderful to see, you.
Speaker 4: Know, Jay, I remember, I mean that this is what got me. People always ask, and it was Communion that first got me interested in This was that specific book, and I do remember even then, right when it came out whatever it was eighty five, mid eighties, My spidey sense was tingling when I read on the back, how you know he's a science fiction writer, and I thought, well, yeah, you know, he could have just made this whole thing up. What I love is here we are forty years later. This guy not only has he not retracted a story or anything, he has stayed in this community. He has stuck to everything, and he is still to me the forefront. He makes very poignant comments that are very interesting and make me reflect on these possibilities. And I think he's as important now as he was when he came out with Communion, and that's to me, that kind of solidifies him more.
Speaker 7: You guys are to.
Speaker 4: Contact in the Desert.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's honestly my favorite event.
Speaker 5: We had so much fun last year. It was absolutely a blast.
Speaker 6: I love the location, the resort where it's held, because it's just it's like exactly big enough and exactly small enough that you know you can get away. But also it's so easy to kind of get in the mix with all the speakers and the attendees, and I think like it's just the most fun.
Speaker 8: I really love it.
Speaker 4: Jay was telling me before before you came on, Kelly, that you're going to do a juggling act for us this year. Is that true?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, good.
Speaker 7: I feel like for a lot of the speakers, especially when they do hosting duties or other things like that, I mean, and for yourself, Ron, I mean Ron Captain Ron is doing juggling act that whole long weekend basically, you know, of contact in the desk, I have.
Speaker 4: Seen that weekend for me. Thanks a lot, guys. I really appreciate you guys coming on. It was a lot of fun talking about this. I could do it for hours. I really recommend everyone out there watch Cosmosis, UFOs and a New Reality, and it really gives a new honest approach to the way we perhaps should be thinking about UFOs and the phenomenon and not just face value like we've been over the years. It's available on Apple TV and on Prime. You can find more about Jay and Kelly at on tocolps dot com, O N T O C A L Y P s E dot com. Now, thanks for listening to be on Contact. We'll be back next week with an all new episode. You can follow me Captain Ron on Twitter and Instagram at c I T D Underscore Captain Ron. Stay connected by checking out Contact indeedeesert dot com. Stay open minded and rational as we explore the unknown right here on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast Ay and Paranormal Podcast Network. Make sure and check out all our shows on the iHeartRadio app or by going to iHeartRadio dot com.