Speaker 1: Well look, ray jobs, you have the three of us on a fry day night.
Speaker 2: First of all, Happy Halloween. We're we're not.
Speaker 3: A costume, Nope, but what's up boo?
Speaker 4: Happy Halloween? Hey, candy is like fifteen dollars a bag. Are y'all giving these little mofuckers and the candy this year?
Speaker 3: And a right? Are you even opening the door.
Speaker 1: So back in the day the way that it used to work that I want to know if that's still the case. The porch light has to be on in order for that's that's the welcoming sign.
Speaker 5: Okay it should be, but they don't give a fuck. You know, rules and traditions are going out of the window. They'll ring the doorbell and bang on it with the lights off. They don't care no more these days, they don't mind.
Speaker 4: My front door is really scary, Like it's like a twelve foot high like iron door but has black glass where I can see them and they can't see, Like if I don't have the lights on the inside, Like walking up to my house is really scared. Maybe I might just mess with the kids a little bit and then just like you know, scare them.
Speaker 3: I don't know, you should you should.
Speaker 4: I do have film and I'll share it with you guys on Monday.
Speaker 5: I remember it. You just made me think about it. I remember that door.
Speaker 1: I have to go to Dallas when I know I have to make a trip. I do miss having some one on one time with Claudia.
Speaker 4: I mean they say I beg you to hang out, so I'm not gonna say it anymore, but like thirsty that the comments got your number, begging follows to hang out. You don't want to hang with her begging for a job. I'm like, do you not know our sense of humor by now right? No?
Speaker 1: We all have a humor. And that's why for Halloween, I am Dustin Wroth Claudia, so like, you know, I got on or whatever, and you know, fuck the motherfucker's calling me Justin and ship I'm gonna fuck nigga.
Speaker 2: I don't really fucking hamas don people, because you know I'm the man and I got everything going on, you know, So I so Ray Drowns. I am Dustin Ross for Halloween.
Speaker 3: I love it, and I this hard.
Speaker 5: Know I need somebody to play me in a movie because I want to look at the screen the way Whitney used to be looking at people singing her songs on stage.
Speaker 3: I want to do that just now, so I'm with you.
Speaker 1: There you go, allay, Halloween, that was MIA's Dustin, Claudia be carlos.
Speaker 2: Key for Halloween.
Speaker 4: Yes, bitch, Oh my god. I love all the girls. Oh, I love everybody, and I am not gonna talk about about anyone even when they're wrong. Yes, bitch, yes, hold on, I got some kim Y in my teeth. I am single out on these streets. I don't ask me any questions, but don't worry about who I was in Europe with. But anyways, yes, are you ready? Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm mm hmm. And no.
Speaker 5: And notifications yep, yes, notifications.
Speaker 4: On Tuesday. I'm not gonna say who it is.
Speaker 2: But that was good. That was good, Glaudia, that was good. Okay, So so Dustin, you turn to be Claudia.
Speaker 5: Okay, look, let me see what the comments are saying. I don't want to check it quite of the comments they're saying that I don't know, looking like I don't know. I'm just saying I ain't saying you know what I mean, I don't know, just looking like the comments are saying, well, personally, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know funk that. Listen if she doesn't want to go do the that's my girl, Claudia.
Speaker 5: Yes, look, well we'll do the real impressions when we go out, okay instead of our new show.
Speaker 3: That's right, that'll be good.
Speaker 2: Actually, no, that'll be good. That'll be good. It goes to show that as friends we could do that. Like I'm actually funny. I love that.
Speaker 5: Yes, and party is right because on our show, we'll have a wardrobe budget for the holidays. So just think about the things we will do for like Christmas, the things will do for the Halloween episodes. Just think about episodes because it's gonna come back year after year, especially once we start snatching them trophies.
Speaker 3: So I'm excited.
Speaker 4: I can't wait. I can't wait to move to Yeah.
Speaker 3: Q one, Q one Q one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that city has good men, Like that's where I have the best luck. In that city. I'm not going to say the city, but that's the city I have my my you know, I've.
Speaker 5: Had to Well, they tell you up front the fruit is big, so you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I listen, not all the big apple.
Speaker 4: You know what. The fruit was definitely big there, I will say that.
Speaker 1: So yes, very exciting and I love taking a bite out of the big apple. Yeah.
Speaker 4: They else have good weed and good mushrooms.
Speaker 3: See what else do you need? Industry? We men, you know what I'm saying, good dropping.
Speaker 4: Good Italian food, good Indian food.
Speaker 5: Trying to tell you, lady Vans, bring your wife.
Speaker 1: On that note, imagine being sandwich where you are in between two aries.
Speaker 2: That that is what it feels like when you're around Claudia.
Speaker 5: If you want to say, you'd like to thank the academy after you get out from the middle on it, Okay, we.
Speaker 4: Dream it should be for you. You gotta fire around, you know, and I know I know everybody likes being rammed.
Speaker 3: You got two rams, that's right, big, that's right.
Speaker 4: Who don't like a ramming?
Speaker 3: All capital letters like that truck ran Dorothy.
Speaker 4: Horns too like yes, like they can't like when they can't go all the way around, can't to this.
Speaker 1: Hope you guys are joining your Fridays as much as the two of us are.
Speaker 2: But listen, don't be sad. We will be back on Monday.
Speaker 4: So you've been I think we're gonna be a time on Monday.
Speaker 1: We are going to be on time every Monday. Maybe we'll see how the week breaks us. But as announced this past Monday, due to the overwhelming demand, we are here to discuss the latest episode of The Braxtons and just in general discussing the season overall. This is the second okay season of The Braxtons, because prior to that, they had I think quadruple ten seasons of The Braxton Family Values, which is the longest running black family reality show in the world, so they took some time off.
Speaker 2: The show came back last year.
Speaker 1: This is season two of The Braxtons and it features Twanda, Tamar, Tony, and Trina. As we all know, the great Tracy has passed away, and yes, rest in peace, Tracy, and let's just get right into it.
Speaker 2: Listen. This season it's unhinged.
Speaker 1: It's like nothing I ever expected anticipated, and to be honest with you, even wanted to see you know, when it came to The Braxtons.
Speaker 2: I'll speak for myself. I'd love to get your thoughts. Obviously, guys, I.
Speaker 1: Fell in love with this show because how funny they were, how they would sing a song on.
Speaker 2: At the drop of a dime, how.
Speaker 1: They would have funny commentary when it comes to the mother. You know, they made up a song called a dingling song, they made up a song called Daddy, they made up songs on the spot. They were funny, and yes there was always drama, but it was never drama to the point of what I'm seeing this season, and it is very, very tough to watch. So Dustin, I'll start with you. When you learned that this season was coming back, were you excited that you thought, Okay, we're going to get back to what we were introduced to on the show, which is, look, a group of sisters who are talented, funny, have chemistry. Yes, they fight, argue like siblings do, but you know we now get to like laugh again.
Speaker 5: Well, listen, I was happy to see To answer your question, yeah, I was happy to see them return, right before A few A bit different of a reason. These are black women who mean a lot to the world, mean a lot to the three of us, mean a lot to music, mean a lot to television now right, And so I'm a person who you know, I support the oars, I'm a patron, I support the all rights.
Speaker 3: So I want the show to continue. I want them to.
Speaker 5: Continue on making money and income and their own rights, and I want them to I wanted to move forward, especially after the passing of Tracy. This show was literally titled after their family name. First it was Braxton Family Values. Now it's called The Braxtons. Similar to the change that Keeping Up with the Kardashians did when they switched from E to Hulu and became the Kardashians versus Keeping Up with the Kardashians. It's kind of the same pattern, but this ain't it. So I was happy to see them come back, but I was not happy with what I saw once they did come back. For years, we've seen riffs between the sisters for years. We've seen them have challenges in trying to have a peaceful relationship with Tamar. Each of them individually have challenges with Tamar.
Speaker 3: We watched that.
Speaker 5: We watched Tony flat out tell us, Hey, if they were not my sisters, we probably would not be friends.
Speaker 3: We've seen all these things.
Speaker 5: And so after Tracy passed away, which was a devastating loss to them. I have siblings, you know I would be gutted. Carlos, you have siblings, Claudia, you do as well. And so after Tracy's lost, you would think that they would be motivated by a desire to unify, to find some sort of bridge and bond even in this late stage in their lives. But they can't do it. And we can break down the regions why as we move forward. But to answer your first question, yes, I was happy to see them come back.
Speaker 4: A man. I didn't. I didn't watch the show before.
Speaker 3: I wanted.
Speaker 4: You know, I've had you know, me and Tamar have had a very tumultuous relationship, but we're say that we're actually in a good place now. We spent a month together in a house shooting college. Hill mentioned about this show that she's like, she wasn't fucking with it. She says she didn't want to go back. She was just gonna be like a friend of the show. And I was like, how can you be it for like, it's such a big part of it, you know what I mean? Yeah, it's it doesn't seem like it'd be fun for any of them. Like again, like I mentioned before, reality being draining. This seems like ten times more draining than would be with people that you're not friends with, you know, like at least on a reality show with like housewives whatever. You you can actually separate, Like when the four months of filming is up. It's like, Mitch, I'll see right, I'll see you when we get renewed. And I'm making several hundred thousand dollars if not a million with this. It's like it's ugly and then it's not over for them, like they family events, funerals, weddings. I mean I was invited to Tauana's wedding and tam I wasn't she wasn't dead. I was like, yet felt bad, you know, like I was like, damn, like and I wonder if it's because of the reality show making, you know what I mean, stressing out the family dynamics that maybe wouldn't be there if they want, because everybody got to pop off a little bit extra for TV. Oh I'm not about to let a bitch read me down, even if she is my sister, you know. And it was so ugly this episode. And then I went back and watched the episode before and I'm like, I will say this, I really love me some Tony Braxton. I've always loved me some Tony Brox.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the heavyweight, the littlest.
Speaker 4: One talking about I'm a heavyweight exactly. I like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like the sisters period. I'm sure we'll dig a little bit deeper. As you can see, Carlos is having some sort of technical difficulties right now, but he'll rejoin us shortly and I listen. I like the Braxts, but the Braxtons have got to grow up at a certain point.
Speaker 3: Okay, the childish antics.
Speaker 5: That were fun to watch in the beginning, like Carlos mentioned, singing them songs and telling stories and being playful, that kind of got old fast for me because these are not We're not watching people in their twenties. We're not even watching people in their thirties. These are people in their forties, late forties, fifties in some cases, And so the playful nature of everything being a joke is just a little unrealistic at a certain point. And these women have very complex lives that they could easily feel what is it forty eight minutes or however many minutes it is when a show is an hour long, they could easily fill up that time, fill up those blocks with things to show and things to talk about. But the focus seems to always be on the bullshit. You know what I'm saying? Somebody always pissed somebody else to fuck off. It's always a damn problem. It's always some sort of disrespect or talking about somebody behind they damn back. It's always that you know what I'm saying, and when it's not that they're acting silly and so for me, although I want to watch the show go on and on forever, like it just lost a little bit of the connection for me, but I don't want it to stop. I wanted to still be available for people to watch. I just got sick of seeing that shit.
Speaker 4: It seems like they may love each other, but they don't like each other very much. They do not like each other. They can't stand each other in some regards, and it's like I see a lot of what about me? What about my feelings and your feeling? But what about my feelings and how you hurt me? And you know, it's hard to see past that, like to how someone else might be feeling if it's just like all about what you think. I don't see this show. How the show can go on with this level of animosity. And this is what episode.
Speaker 5: Four, three three, I believe I think this was three okay, three, let me see, let me check that before we get to line. Yeah, it was episode.
Speaker 3: Four. You're right, it was four.
Speaker 4: Watch watch can street them like if every episode is no one's having fun, because imagine if what the producer is going through. If every episode none of them are having fun, it's just on ten arguing I don't see how the show can continue.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Carlo is so sick of it. He got off the damn screen. Carlos cut off se So listen.
Speaker 2: The spirit definitely blocked me from that.
Speaker 1: So let's let's just get into what happened in this episode that their tonight. So what we did see was the continuation of this sister's dinner. So at the sister's dinner, Tamar who decided to bring on her brother's daughter. So I want to make sure you guys know that Ashley, their niece, is the daughter of their brother, who has never been involved with the show. He may have seen him once or twice, maybe five times the duration of both shows.
Speaker 2: Being on the air.
Speaker 1: His niece made posts about something she experienced in her childhood teenage years.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure exactly.
Speaker 1: She did allude to the fact that it was something in regards to an aunt's former husband, but I don't believe. I want to make sure legally I don't say the name because Ashley never said the person's name.
Speaker 5: Right enough picture for us, Yes.
Speaker 1: And Tamar decided to have her a part of her live podcast to talk about it. Tamar received a cease and desist from the family attorney. According to Tamar, she walks into the dinner, she opens up a vanilla envelope. The ladies are saying they did not authorize this, they had no idea it was happening.
Speaker 2: They said their name wasn't on it.
Speaker 1: Tamar is livid because she said she was served at her doorstep, whereas the place that she lives with her minor child logan and she's very hot, she's very heated, and from there they're denying that they had anything to do with this. What I will say is this just to really talk about cease and desist.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay.
Speaker 1: A cease and desist is a form of documentation. It's a legal documentation where you send that to prevent somebody from saying things, detailing things, repeating things that you.
Speaker 2: Believe is associated with you that isn't true.
Speaker 1: And it's sort of like a it's a threat of if you do proceed with this, I will take legal action, and legal action is a form of a lawsuit. Okay, yeah, which is why Tamar said, you guys are trying to impact my business.
Speaker 2: Claudia, what are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 1: Do you do you think that the sisters had no idea My sisters, I mean Tony, Tawanda and Trina, that those three had nothing to do with a cease and desist even coming Tamar's way, nor giving her address away when she said that her address is not even listed publicly.
Speaker 4: No, I think that they someone knows what they're not going to say because they know her temper. They know it's going to be a big argument like who else would do it? You know what I mean? I will say I've had to send seas and sist letters and it does have to trace back to a lawyer, right, and you contact the lawyer and you ask them like, who's this coming from? That that's what they can they have that right to ask? Yeah, I do think it's someone that.
Speaker 2: Has a lawyer.
Speaker 1: Let's ask the question, does the lawyer have the right to disclose who it came from?
Speaker 4: I'm much with the lawyer's on that, but I've always had my lawyer say it with his chest here, tell that bitch is from me? Yeah it is. I'm like, yeah, it's from me. Like why you send it? You know, like because I think in the seasons, sister, you have to like kind of say, like I mean, in mind I've sent out. It's basically like stop saying this and give an example of what they're saying that it's like false or defamatory because you're threatening a seasons. This is a warning shot for a lawsuit. So you document that you tried first and then before you proceed to a lawsuit. Right, you tried first before you because you can't just come out the gate with a law so you have to least try to give him some kind of warning. And yeah, I don't know how they don't know who is from because it's always been very clear who is from when when I've said one out or when I received one. I got one when I was in real house, Ius of Atlanta from your girl man. But we weren't lying, so it we pat it on mind.
Speaker 2: Look at so much, look look Claudia so much from the Halloween costume.
Speaker 1: Right, okay, just tonight, go ahead, that's it.
Speaker 5: So okay, let's zoom out here, right, Number one, A ceasing, de cease and desist come and go every single day. When you work in media, when you work in the business of opinion, when you work in an area where people's information can be commodified in some sort of way, and then you have access to it and to disperse it.
Speaker 3: You could are Are you are vulnerable.
Speaker 5: To receive as ceased and desist from somebody who didn't like what you had to say?
Speaker 3: Right, That's something that happens.
Speaker 5: My question before we tap further into that, I have a producer question for you, Carlos. So do you believe that the cease and desist was issued from it? Said it came She said that by she, I meaning Tamar Braxton, said that the cease and desists came from their family, the Braxton family attorney.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, is that deep?
Speaker 5: But but sorry, Seria had activated on my computer anyway. So do you think that the production company that the we TV, the network, or maybe some of the producers of the show I wanted to interfere with that conversation taking place between Tamar and her niece Ashley Braxton, or do you think it would have had to.
Speaker 3: Come from one of the.
Speaker 2: Sisters, listen, that's a great question.
Speaker 1: I emphatically do not believe that the production had anything to do with sitting Tamor's season assists to stop this from being on top of conversation. And the reason why I say that is because, I mean, number one, it's unethical. You don't get involved in altering the realcy of something in the legal context.
Speaker 2: Secondly, they the production company filmed Ashley to Tamar about this.
Speaker 1: When it comes to the season the sith look, I always look at things as as behavior right right, and and the disposition of folks. When she said, you guys have the family lawyer, their reaction to it to me didn't seem like they didn't know.
Speaker 2: They didn't know. They were very calm about it.
Speaker 5: And when Towanda made that allegation against Tamar about sleeping with Tony's one of Tony's past boyfriends, there was a very even keel, you know, lack of reaction from the ladies. And I think that's kind of what you're referring to in this case. When she did mention the season assistant question the origin of it, nobody really said, I mean, I kind of think that's where you're going with this right, Yeah, I was new.
Speaker 2: Yeah I would have said absolutely not. I didn't do that, but would I.
Speaker 1: So I always look at things what people are not always what they're saying, but what they're not saying, because I would have been like, I would have never done that. And you also have a look at the show. They they they never fully addressed it. I've watched all four episodes. This is Reality with the King and I'm Carlos King.
Speaker 2: Let's get back into the show.
Speaker 4: My lawyers call and I text him to ask him. Should I ask him on the air?
Speaker 2: Yes, go ahead. Please let him know he's being recorded.
Speaker 4: Please Chris, where I'm recording right now? You're on my I'm on air, so I just have to let you know. Okay, my question about cease and assists, like, can someone.
Speaker 2: Or not anybody?
Speaker 4: You don't have to be a just a lawyer, right, but say so, say I sent one to somebody, right, Can I do it anonymously or my name has to be on it? Or no?
Speaker 6: No, you you really should sign your season desist so they know what's going on. Okay, No, exactly who they need to leave alone? They know exactly what the issue is. And yes, anybody can sign their own season desist letter.
Speaker 4: We're discussing a show where these ladies are saying that their family lawyer sent a season syst and everyone's asking like they don't know where it came from. So I was wondering if it can ask them?
Speaker 5: By law do people have to identify the origin of it?
Speaker 4: They have to identify the origin of the seasons law law.
Speaker 6: Well, you need to understand the issue. If I'm going to send a season desist and put on.
Speaker 2: The air right now, is just bring entertainment purposes only?
Speaker 6: Yes, you know, but if that's the situation, it becomes I have to say, you want to hearby demanded deceasion this whatever action that it is that I'm going to describe in a letter. You know, let's just say calling Claudia Jordan difamatory names. You know, you have to let them know what the issue is that they need to be ceasing and desist things from doing.
Speaker 2: Okay, not by law even know what the situation is.
Speaker 1: By the law, does the person who sentence have to be disclosed?
Speaker 6: Does the person who's sens it? Well, it really should be the lawyer or the individual that the subject matter is.
Speaker 4: About, Like say say say y'all, was like, Okay, Carlos King isn't talking about me and I needed to stop. Chris, can you drop up a season assist? So you sent the seasons and say I'm I'm a lawyer. I need you to stop talking about Claudia. And does it say yes for you you? But does it have to does that say does that basically say that it's like on my behal like I originated that behalf.
Speaker 6: I represent Claudia, Jordan and Carlos stop saying the famatory things about sometimes it's I mean, I've seen sometimes a manager.
Speaker 4: Write it, but it just can't be anonymous.
Speaker 2: George's signed anonymous.
Speaker 6: No, that's not the way it works.
Speaker 4: So someone's name is on it. If someone has to put a name on it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, somebody, somebody has society that have to tell the person that is directed to what action that they need to cease and desist doing.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you, I'm gonna call you something get the air.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, No, thank you so so. But that being said, that's my look. I I watched the show.
Speaker 1: So even when Tawanda and Trina we're talking about it end they're seeing the first episode, they were very careful with their words about what was going on, because the the the what's allegedly going on is the fact that it's allegedly the somebody that one of the sisters used to be married to, right, And what they're saying is that this person is not here to defend themselves. Now, with that being said, their questioning whether or not Tamar's intentions was to really help out her fellow niece or did she do that to embarrass her family.
Speaker 2: That's one of your thoughts.
Speaker 1: Do you think Tamar had the best intentions in helping out the niece with her story or do you think that there.
Speaker 2: Was malice intent?
Speaker 3: Yes to both.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay, I do okay, because I do believe Listen, you got to consider the history, You got to consider the players involved. I do believe that there was a part of Tamar that wanted to help her niece.
Speaker 3: I do. I believe that.
Speaker 5: I also believe there's a part of Tamar that knew it was going to drive certain people in her family up a wall if this story was brought back up. And I think that because of certain existence, certain existing issues that she was about say exist shoes, certain existing issues.
Speaker 3: Like now, really, we didn't swap anyway.
Speaker 5: I think that because of some things that were already going on with her and her sisters, she wanted to piss them off. You don't get on TV cussing your sisters out the way that she was cussing them out at that dinner scene in this episode and in the last episode without there being some real deep shit in the waters between you and your siblings. And so, yeah, she wanted to help her niece. She also knew that that was some really uncomfortable, painful information for certain people in her family, and so I think she wanted to piss them off.
Speaker 3: Yes, like a.
Speaker 4: Two for one, like, yeah, I am fighting for the integrity and to protect I am being a protective aunt her niece, right, yeah, Auntie. But also the secondary benefit would be to piss these half off because I issue with them. I could see that too, because I don't think like you know, if listen and if I found out one of my family members was you know, had some somebody was touching her or what have you, allegedly and everyone kept it from me, I'm I'm flipping tables too. I'm gonna be mad too. So I think that's a legitimate response to be upset. But then you also have this other layer of if you guys are public figures on television, you have a show, and what you choose, how you choose, move forward. Okay, I'm gona put her on a podcast. I'm exposed. I'm gonna blow the whole family up and not care because I don't really rock with them any one. I feel like they don't rock with me. So yeah, I could see that too.
Speaker 3: She said she.
Speaker 5: Wanted to help her niece, and in the converse, she Tamar made sure that she filmed the scene on the show where she was sitting down at a restaurant with her niece and stating on camera that she wanted to help her niece and offer her some help and resources that she Tamar I'm speaking of she herself had not had available to her when she needed some help. Previously, she's alluded to being in a similar position of some sort in some way with her niece at some point in her life, and so she definitely laid that out on camera. But Tamar also is a television producer. She's produced multiple reality shows for herself, and she's been a producer on The Braxtons the entire time, So Tamar understood the importance of that qualifying information being included in what was available to be shown on air, right because I'm not sure how much control they have over the edits, but Tamar knew she had to film a scene saying, hey, niece, I want.
Speaker 3: To help you, and this is why we're doing this.
Speaker 5: This is why I want to have you come on my show, because then when her intention is questioned, she has something to reference now saying no, look, I only wanted to help her.
Speaker 3: You can see I talked about it on the show.
Speaker 5: But the behavior that we saw displayed in that dinner scene contradicts that being her sole intention because she referenced specific things that she took umbrage. No pun intended, because you know they called Tajuana umba, but she took umbrage with certain things you know what I'm mean saying with her sisters, and it motivated the way she reacted and responded to things.
Speaker 3: A cease and desist.
Speaker 5: Although although it is a defining, you know document, it's just not a it happens, It's not something that's very serious. Okay, it can be serious, but it also can be a way to just tell a person you don't like what they're doing or saying. And I feel like Tamar took that seats and desist and the receipt of the of that seat that cease and desist, right, she took that moment and stretched it as far as she could. Y'all trying to shut down my businesses. I'm a producer, I'm a singer. This is how I make my money. No, it's not Tamar's podcast that she has has changed names. It's not people watch it, you know, And it's a great conversation between her and some of her close friends. But it's not something that is the sole source of all her income. I would, I would, I would challenge that as a fact. So I don't think they've got to shut her businesses down.
Speaker 2: So I thought, I think that was.
Speaker 4: A bit over the top to say that, because Tamar is a singer, a great singer, she has reality shows, She's constantly booked and busy, So I don't think that would shut her down, I think. But you know, Tamar, to her credit for reality TV, is good at bringing the drama, being dramatic, and I feel that I do feel bad if this was very painful for the niece in real life, and it kind of feels a little yucky, like her situation kind of got exploited for, like get back with each other.
Speaker 5: Yeah, to be fair, she introduced the inform we had no idea about any of these alleged occurrences. Right her niece, Ashley, who had been living in Spain I believe for the past what teen years or something like that, she brought the started making tick type videos speaking about her experience.
Speaker 3: And that's what kind of set all this off.
Speaker 5: As a person who's been viewing the brag since it does feel like Tamar used it to her advantage, it does it exploited it.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, yeah, I have a piggyback off of what doesn't saying, just so you were aware. To Claudia, the niece did the TikTok video saying that allegedly that one of her aunts, her aunties cut her off after the auntie's partner was inappropriate with her at the age of sixteen, and that's when everybody started to throw names out there without her name is Ashley, without actually even saying the.
Speaker 2: Name, and just to catch people on.
Speaker 1: This is what Ashley did say on the TikTok. So Claudia, I want you to know too. This is what she said on TikTok before the season even started.
Speaker 2: So I want to tell a story.
Speaker 1: Today, and the story is about how one of my aunts and my family do not talk to me because they think that I, at the age of sixteen, did something with a partner at the time.
Speaker 2: And I believe.
Speaker 1: Hold on a second, and I'm sorry, and I have been a nervous wreck to talk about something like this and to tell this story A because of my family. B because I don't want to hurt people. It's not to hurt people to tell my story. But at the same time, I've been working through this so much in therapy and this is something that goes way deep to my core and in terms of worthiness and how I feel about myself.
Speaker 2: So she listen.
Speaker 1: That's how she started to offer TikTok, and again she started off by saying that one of her aunts.
Speaker 2: Just doesn't talk to her because.
Speaker 1: Of what you know allegedly occurred when she was sixteen years of age.
Speaker 4: And that happens in black families all the time, and I'm sticking it. So I'm glad that someone put them up. Put the behavior on blast because that is not cute and I never are. Then Tamar's right, you know what I mean as far as like looking out for the niece, that was the soul intent was like, look, I really care about this and I'm gonna elevate your voice. And whoever said the cease and sist to Tamar about shutting it down and not talk about it, I think they were wrong. I think they were dead wrong. For I mean, yes, the person is no longer with us allegedly right, but like that she shouldn't be able to talk about it because the person died.
Speaker 5: I think the if not, I think it's funny that when Tamar did voice her concerns with being issued.
Speaker 3: To cease and desist, the cease and desist.
Speaker 5: Now one time did she say, y'all stop me from helping Ashley.
Speaker 2: Y'all tell her story.
Speaker 5: She kept saying, y'all shutting my business down. I'm a singer, I'm a producer, I'm this. It was the focus was only on helping Ashley her our view the viewers, we only saw that being her focus and intention in the scene when she said down at the restaurant with her niece and when they began their discourse on stage at Tamar's live podcast. Any other time she's spoken about the cease and desist on the show, her focus has been her being wronged by her sisters, as opposed to a block being put in place between her and offering some sort of help or assistance to her niece.
Speaker 3: And I find that a bit telling. Personally.
Speaker 5: I think that Tamar, when her personality is corralled appropriately and housed appropriately, I think she is a She's a dynamite television personality. I think she was incredible on the real as a host, And I think that she is one of the best singers really of our time. She has an incredible a beautiful singing. Personalities are subjective. People might like her, might not like her, but she's good at those two things. What we've seen her not be as successful as is being a friend, being a sister, being lawyer, maintaining privacy when it comes to personal things between her and someone else. She constantly runs to the Internet whenever she has issues with anything or anyone, and that makes resolution and resolved difficult because now you're inviting in a myriad of opinions and other perspectives to something that could have been handled between two people.
Speaker 3: So I'm challenged.
Speaker 5: Really, if I'm being honest, I've seen Tamar habitually cross lines and boundaries of disrespect with her sisters over the years. Right, we can go back to the scene when she went around the table and pointed out something that was wrong with everybody's husband at the table, personal things like them being, you know, having infidelities or having not been able to keep a job.
Speaker 3: You know these are you, I know.
Speaker 2: But listen, I'll say this.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm a fan of the show. Yeah, listen, I will say this. At the time, as I was watching it, I did laugh because I I didn't.
Speaker 2: This is my opinion. I didn't take it as deep.
Speaker 1: But I'm often on the receiving end and I'm feel Yes, But the scene rain Drops is where she said, your man's a cheetah.
Speaker 2: Your man a computer with.
Speaker 1: Because allegedly one of the husbands was like on the internet talk to other women.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm gonna tell you what I got a problem with.
Speaker 5: Right, here's what I have a problem with, because Tamar is not the only person at fault in this situation. Right, The main conflict that we witness was between her and her sister Twanda. Okay, and this is not something new. This has been a recurring conflict or a recurrent theme since the first our introduction to the Braxtons. Right, money, access, ego, pride, all those things play a part in this conversation because, as you see, when Tamar was lashing out or reacting to being sent to seas and this is by somebody connected to the sisters and their attorney or former attorney. At one point, Tamar started talking about everything else. Y'all are jealous of me. She started referencing her looks, She started referencing monies that were giving in whether or not they were a gift or alone, you know, and and Tojuanda started going back and forth, and Tuanda took advantage of the opportunity. It seemed to me as if Tuanda had an intention of Okay, I'm about to expose you. I want to change the way that people view you. I want people to understand that you're a bad person who would do things that people consider disgusting and representable to their siblings. So I'm going to tell this secret, no matter alleged secret, I should say about you allegedly sleeping with someone that Tony who's had a relationship with because I want people to look at you differently than they do.
Speaker 3: That's a deep down, you know, intention.
Speaker 5: For someone to have, especially your sister when it comes to a problem between the two of y'all, and Tuanda continued to do in same things that I felt like cross.
Speaker 3: The line too.
Speaker 5: Towards the end end of the conflict, Towanda can be seen on camera and shout.
Speaker 3: Out to the editors for making sure it was included.
Speaker 5: Towanda was saying, let's call the police and let's press charges on her. Let's call the police and let's press charges on her. She kept repeating that in that scene, bringing up shit about kids, all of that was just line that it was just lines being crossed that are difficult to go back from. Shout out to Trina Braxton. I think Trina Braxton regulated her emotions impeccably during that whole confrontation. Trina was keeping her tone down. Trina was trying to defuse things, to escalate things. Even when she would respond to some of the wild shit Tamar was saying, she would just be like, no, Tamar, I'm.
Speaker 4: Not even when she got her hair pulled from the back that would have set me off. True, she was trying to She was trying her best to be the peacemaker between She got villainized for it. And you know the heat of the moment, you mad, you like you touched me? Are you you separating us? Let me get out of it. Know that was what Trina did, the right thing and Tamar, that was such an ugly scene. It was so ugly for them.
Speaker 5: And we all have the moments, right, That's not that they're not alone in that, Like we all have moments that we're not proud of. Especially Kin't nobody piss me off like my family. I'm just gonna be honest. I don't give a fuck about my family. You know, Like disagreements internally are triggering for me and so I get it right. But I'm also not finna cut my brother or sister out on TV like that. Just I don't even have it if we have a disagreement. I was just telling my friend earlier, me and my brother, that's our love language. Fuck you, nigga, what the fuck you? Guy's how we talked. Hello, what you do in your ugly mother? But that's how we talk to each other. But if we ever have a disagreement, we remove all of that and we talk about what was going on.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I don't have it in my heart to hurt him in that way or dip disrespectfully.
Speaker 3: Insult him, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So seeing Tamar and Tauana just go right there, it indicates a lot of ship and a very very broken relationship.
Speaker 3: They don't like each other.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say I want to I want to peel back to because you have siblings.
Speaker 2: You have siblings. I have I have nine of them, nine siblings.
Speaker 6: And.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you what I saw as somebody who is the middle child of ten kids who all grew up in the same house with the same parents all our lives. I did see a couple of things. I saw gas lighting and I'll get to that. I saw passive aggressiveness, and I saw a deep need to expose because I'm tired, that I'm fed up and I'm done and I'm done and I and the world's about to find out exactly who you are. So what I will say is this, even when and I want to go back a little bit to the moment about Ashley being on the show and how Tam Martell Tony you told me to get on the Braxis and Tony denied it, and Tamar.
Speaker 2: Said, I swear on my mom that.
Speaker 1: You did it right, only for Tony then to go with her confessionals to say, well, look, I did say bring her on the show, but in this way, so I do feel like this it goes to show you that, yes, Tamar may be this big, bragadocious, loud person, right, and Tamar is as flawed as all of us.
Speaker 2: But I will say, in that moment.
Speaker 1: I did feel like, well, if you're saying to her in her face, you didn't do it, only to then go on your confessionals saying well, I did do it.
Speaker 7: It does sort of present this, this this notion that okay, is Tamar being gas lily by her sisters, and and and and one more thing does and Tom tap you in.
Speaker 1: Because I have fiblings, and whoever has siblings more than like a couple, y'all go, y'all, go, y'all, y'all, y'all go, y'all gonna agree to this and you'll agree with this suit does it? There were tons of side looks and whispers, m h, that was happening. So even when Tamar brought the accusation of the phone the phone bill of the thumb bill, I told you about the phone bill, remember the phone bill that Tawanza had my name, but d and Tony said, you did say that that to Wanda goes yeah, but something like is.
Speaker 2: That illegal whatever?
Speaker 1: With the words were something about what was that illegal or something, and Tony whispers, it doesn't make it true. It was sort of like, Okay, I'm really seeing I'm really seeing moments of.
Speaker 2: Things being gassed lited.
Speaker 1: And again I'm not I'm not saying I'm on this purchase side of not I'm watching the show.
Speaker 2: But I will say for a woman.
Speaker 1: Like Tamar, who does have a reputation that she said, people just think she just goes off on the left.
Speaker 2: For the reason, I will say that scene I did see moms, so I'm like a.
Speaker 1: To be gas letting your face by your sisters, and then as a person at siblings who also does the little look to my other sister like love, I did see moments of like Okay, I can see where I'm sorry, I can see why she feels this way in this moment.
Speaker 3: I could too.
Speaker 5: I agree with you because I definitely recognize moments. Like I told you, Tamar is not alone in what made this dinner go left right, or what makes their dinners typically go left. There were other people who are involved. Trina was making faces and shit, you know what I'm saying. Even though she did regulate her emotions well when it was time for her to actually communicate, her nonverbal communication was something different.
Speaker 3: Right. Twanda appears to.
Speaker 5: Have a a mean, nasty edge to her spirit when she is in conflict with Tamar.
Speaker 3: I don't know where that comes from. I don't know what that reflects, but.
Speaker 5: She appears to have a goal of shifting the perspective of whoever is watching or listening when it comes to Tamar. It seems like Towanda does not like how Tamar is well received by some people. In spite of her behaviors that can be deemed or radic, can be deemed problematic, can be deemed childish, can be deemed whatever you want to deem them, she still gets a lot of love, you know what I'm saying. And I think that Towanda resents that because Twuanda feels like she has real issues to be upset with Tamar about and she feels like her sisters have real issues to be upset with Tamar about. And I don't think she feels like Tamar deserves some of the success that Tamar has rightfully earned on her own of her own merit, right, I think to it appears as if Tuana resents that a little bit, and so she tries to hut down the middle when she's arguing with Tamar.
Speaker 3: Why else would you bring up something like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Tamar brought up that down payment, But that's the kind of shit you do when you help each other out, when your siblings and shit, you know, But even that being brought up, it just it's just on.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't like it. Yeah, and I want to hear from you too.
Speaker 1: I'll say this, as a person has siblings, I think they all cross the line with exposing what they do for each other.
Speaker 2: I don't like that.
Speaker 1: That's why I do feel like in that moment, the gloves were off, and it was the first time that I saw the living legend Tony B. Braxtaid gloves being off too. Because as the older sister, she always had this way, either I'm going to keep things here or I'm going to remove myself from the situation. I was surprised to see even her have her gloves off. And the thing with Trina, who definitely wasn't vocal. I will say, even when Trina said to Tony, you're you're a superstar, I'll say this, I didn't like that in that moment because you're sort of exactly, you're sort of categorizing that one sister has more to lose in the other, and as a viewer, all you guys have the same thing to lose.
Speaker 2: Yes, Tony Braxett is the iconic.
Speaker 1: Grammy Award winning living legend, right, but in this moment, that's your sister.
Speaker 3: There you go. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Does not matter in this moment when I get to argument with my with my siblings, none of those mothers, none of them saying that's the king of reality TV like you got they might.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, that was again more evidence of long standing beef for many, many years. It was clearly a dig like the sister is saying, she's saying you're a superstar and looking at Tamar, you're a superstar. This is above you. They've had lots of arguments in the past, and you know, I do think that Tamor probably feels a way that sometimes Tony Braxton does get that label. And as talented as Tamar is, which she is, really, I think a lot of Tamar's issues is sometimes I do think she's correct in her stances. It's probably the delivery and that rubs their sisters the wrong way, so they get into it like it's delivery is like half the battle and tone, so even when you're right, it's it's like easy to demonize someone right and be like, look at her, she's acting up. She acted here she go acting ghetto again, not acting like a superstar. When your delivery is on ten, no one really can hear you. They hear you yelling, they hear you screaming, they hear your your your seem aggressive, right, they're not really hearing. Well, maybe she was gaessled a little bit. Maybe she does have a point. And then no one wants to feel sympathy for you because of your tone. So that's what like, so and the sisters know that, right, So you keep yourself tone, your tone calm and cool and let your sister crash out. She instantly the audience will be like, oh, here's she go again doing what she do. But it's obvious many many, many many many years of resentment, hurt, pain over whatever issues, jealousy, And I don't think it's all only directed at Tamar. I think that there's a lot of two way jealousy in that family. And it's not for the things. It's not just like, oh well you made it. I didn't make it as big. There's just you know, people throwing shit in each other's faces. As we saw in the argument that wasn't cool at all.
Speaker 2: Don't do it for me.
Speaker 4: If you're gonna throw it on my face later, do not do that. And I just think that they were both there was a lot of there was a lot enough blame to go around to the whole family with that scene. But it was ugly and it's been ugly though. Yeah, it's been a This is not new.
Speaker 2: And they don't like each other.
Speaker 4: Listen, they don't like They love each other, but they don't like each other.
Speaker 2: And that's real.
Speaker 1: You could love somebody, but I like them, and I think Dustin clocked it. Tony Braxon went on record saying if they weren't my sisters, I would not be friends with them. She said it, she said out her own mouth. Tony Braxon also said that when when they when they started, because because miss Evelyn Braxton raised her girls to be a girl group and and to be you know that as the career choice. When La Reed saw the group orformed, he single handly said, I only want Tony braxaid, and Tony Braxton said this out of her own mouth that no matter what she accomplished as a solo act, her mother will always say, that's baby, that's fine.
Speaker 2: Don't think it about your sisters. Don't think about your sisters.
Speaker 3: Pressure yes, yes, And.
Speaker 1: Tony has said that she felt that she couldn't never enjoy her success because she was she was she was made to always feel like, your sisters don't have it either. So even when Tracy makes you rest in peace, did say when Tony became solo and Tony wanted Tony worked with the other sisters, the four of them to be in a girl group. When they signed the record deal is when Tracy got pregnant. And then Tracy has said this out of her own mouth that she pretty much was kicked out of the group because she was pregnant. And if you watch, not watch, if you go back to the records the Bractons as the group was three people, so there's a lot of history there.
Speaker 2: And I think when it came to.
Speaker 1: What the conversations are about, jealousy, you're a superstar, all of that, I think, Unfortunately, I'm gonna say this, I think the moment Tony Braxton made it as a solo superstar, I do believe the relationship between the sisters as a unit was forever changed.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 4: Think about if you were sorry, doesn't think about how the Jackson five were like they were a group and they were they went through brutal training to get to where they had to get and and the rehearsals on it, and then Michael is the chosen one because he stood out like that, How the kindest, most faith having person is still going to feel a way that it's human nature to feel a way it's called and then and then Tony is gonna have that survivor's remorse, like I'm the one that made it. There's a lot of guilt that goes along with that. And can you can be happy for your sister but also be low Ki hated and li jells at the same time. And you can't say it right because you're supposed to. It's a complex place to be. It's a complex thing.
Speaker 3: A line. No, Claudia, I don't like that, friend. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I feel like, yeah, it's real, but I don't know. Just speaking for myself, you know what I'm saying. It's not being wrong or right or whatever, but like, yeah, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: Think there's any place for like.
Speaker 5: Jealousy and ego and pride and shit like that when in a close relationship. For like, I don't want to if some good heavens for you, I'm not gonna think, damn, you know what I'm saying. That should be me too. You know what I'm saying, I'd be like, damn, that's dope for Claudia, I'm happy for you. So I can't imagine if my brother and I, yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 1: I think I think we have to go with the fact that once again they were brought up.
Speaker 2: As sisters to be a group, right, so.
Speaker 1: It was always the five of us are going to make it as a group.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't I know your spirit, and I'm not saying you I know what you're saying.
Speaker 1: But if Claudia and Dustin were like Ashburn and Simpson, and or whatever, right the dynamic duo Sonny there right, Donnie Marie.
Speaker 2: Osman, I'm so old. I go ahead, clock, thank you, Saltlake City, shout out, thank you. Okay. Anyway, when.
Speaker 1: If you and Claudia were brought up since over five years old to make it and then at twenty Claudia has been hand selected to be ushered into the stratosphere and you're left behind, there could.
Speaker 2: Be some resentment.
Speaker 1: And one example I will give and I'm only saying this because they talked about it. Kelly Rowland did a song called Dirty Laundry and she and she talked about the fact that when Beyonce became the solo superstar. She said in the song okay God, we forgot to be like she it's her song. She said how it was difficult for her to see her sister on stage killing it because she was like, what about me? Like, what do I do now that my sister has made it since we were seven eight years old? And then in my twenties and my girl is the number one pop star and I'm figuring my shit out, So I like.
Speaker 4: Be happy and sad at the same time. And it's like you like hating on them, But it's I think it's human nature to feel that, like, well, what about me? As much as you try to quiet that voice, the what about me thing is is real, you know what I mean? Like we plan on doing something together and one gets plucked and elevated behind beyond their wildest dreams, and you're sitting there like, I'm supposed to be happy because that's my blood. But fuck, why not me too? Why could it be two of us? Or why could it be three of us?
Speaker 2: You know? So I get that. That's why I said.
Speaker 1: That's why I said every I believe, and this is me having nine siblings, I believe their relationship as sisters change the moment La re selected Tony because he removed her from the foundation that was set by their mother. And that's why their mother again, guy Tony Braxon said it. That's why the mother always said, yes, baby, congratulations like your grammy and all this stuff, but don't you forget about your sisters. And and that's why I think when the Braxtons came along that Tamar Braxton and her ex husband Vincent Herbert paid for the pilot And just so y'all know, the pilot was at Bravo first, and Bravo.
Speaker 2: Did not greenlight it, but we TV did. That's why it did appear.
Speaker 1: That, you know, it was like their second win, right, like this could be something that we all could do as a unit. But once again, I think that foundation was never healed, which is why tv jas couldn't even do it.
Speaker 4: But think about the sisters. Okay, they had to go through it more than once. Okay, and a second on a lower scale. Right, first they were together as five and then Tony Braxton's out of here blows up and everybody's like, wait, what what about us? And then after years later, then Tamar breaks out as a soul star, another chance for the other sisters to be like what about us? Again, So they had to go through it kind of twice. And then then I mean, Tony Braxon is like she's out of here, and Tamar Braxon is very successful too. So imagine what the other sisters gotta feel. You cannot tell me, like that's that's gotta be tough for them.
Speaker 3: I don't. I just I completely understand the point you making.
Speaker 5: First of all, let me say that because I'm not challenging with either one of y'all are saying the way I look at things, I just would feel like, Okay, if my sister is this superstar wins the best Grammy you can win, right, best new artists, once in a lifetime chance to win.
Speaker 3: She won it.
Speaker 5: She's loved by mainstream audiences all over the world. Right, if I'm talented and me and my sister have a good relationship, that's opportunity for me to have access to resources to have my talents be seen by others and have an opportunity. Right, you pick up that basketball of opportunity and you dribble it. You work on your craft, and you maintain good relationships, and you showcase your art. The second time that the family got the spotlight put on them as a collective with this television show, to me, that's opportunity too for you to showcase your talents, do your thing, get opportunities, be good at what you say you're good at. If Tamar rockets to superstardom like she did when the show came out, that's more attention on the show, more attention on y'all. That's good for all of you. It's great for Tamar, but it's also good for you. And if they were looking at that as a second opportunity of being overlooked. I think the problem the call is what they be saying, car's coming from inside the house, because you had really three but two shots to like do your thing.
Speaker 3: You had two windows of two.
Speaker 5: Huge windows of opportunity, you know what I'm saying. So you look at it overlooked as overlooked. I get it though your.
Speaker 4: Mature, developed, highly intelligent, emostly intelligent person. Look how many other shows, yeah, dot dot dot it just when one gets the light on them, it makes people get jealous, They get angry. What about me? Why this bitch? Why her? Why not me? I can sing as good as her. She only got that because this or some guy likes her. Whatever the room, whatever the spin is, someone's gonna put you know. And a lot of times people say they'd be happy for you when you make it, But when it really happens, will they really feel that way? And are you being an asshole when you do make it? Are you flaunting shit? Are you throwing it in your sister's faces? We saw some ugly shit in that scene. We saw some scene, and then you know there's got to be more too that. That's what we're seeing on camera, So what is happening not on camera? Bit you wish you could be me. That's why I got an ideal and you did not. Who knows what the conversations are. You know who knows. But at the end of the day, I think one thing we can all agree on. They don't like each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know what's funny, so listen. What what's so interesting is obviously Tamar and Tony are still talking. Because Tamar went to the Verses last Saturday and was with Birdman supporting him. They FaceTime Tony Braxton. Tony looked amazing. Tony Braxton is such a diva and a legend.
Speaker 2: I love her.
Speaker 4: The glass funglasses on in the house looking like.
Speaker 2: A bow cover. You can't take that away from that. Gorgeous you know what I'm saying. I mean, living legend. So the thing about siblings is this, you do get you you do find.
Speaker 1: A way to get over it. My hope for the girls is this. I do hope that they find their way back because I do think that the stuff that was exposed we didn't need to know. But I also I also know that when you're back up against the wall, like doesn't said.
Speaker 2: No one hurts no one. No one hurts you more than your family.
Speaker 1: And you sometimes will say shit to get under someone's skin.
Speaker 2: I've done it to my siblings.
Speaker 1: I'm not examt I'm not exampt from saying the most egregious things to a sibling who were arguing, and they said it to me. But we found our way to come back. And what's what's I'll tell you this. What's sad is the purpose of this reboot was to honor Tracy, and I feel sad that that's not the focus.
Speaker 3: I never believed that. Personally.
Speaker 5: I appreciated the sentiment being shared, but I never thought, for woman that they all sit down. They can't all sit down and talk right, they can't get along. So I never thought for one second they said that it was like we're gonna our sister by doing this show again. Yeah, no, no, no, y'all want to work.
Speaker 4: I think honestly, I hate to give up on things, but it kind of seems like at this at this age, a lot of stuff's baked in, like we can say there, I kind of it's a done deal.
Speaker 3: Feeling I'm healing journey.
Speaker 4: Oh no, they don't, it is. I think at this point, it is what it is, and that's what it is, and that's it. Like, I don't think there's any hope, Like and I think the best they can do is maybe see the show and be like, damn, I don't like how that looks play nice for the show, so we could like, let's get back. It's like Housewives or Atlanta. Like it started off like so lighthearted and fun and like fungade. Then it got dark and negative and fighting and all that. Like the what made people love these shows is the ability for it to be funny and shading and then and then revisit and hang out again after it was and I was, it did get me a little hope to see Tony and and Tamar on that zoom. I mean I left face time with Berman and hopefully that they can all get like that because they both they all have a lot of personal they're all pretty funny, like sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're all challenge and they're the closest Tony and Tamar of the of the sisters are the closest and the closest on the other.
Speaker 2: Side is Towanda and Trina. You know, so it is for like this split group.
Speaker 4: But.
Speaker 2: Right, yes, Trina.
Speaker 4: Yeah, damn, I don't think Tijuana is evil, though I do think that I do think she's frustrated. I think she's frustrated for many, many years. I think they all are. Like and it's kind of like the thing of what came first. The chicken of the egg like pointed, well, you did this to me first, and then I responded like this, and I'm sure to Wanta could be like, well you did did me like this, and that's why I said this about you, Like it's who knows where it really started. I think so many things have happened where they both can advocates of who started it, but it's very clear that you know, both sides have been very Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I don't like I don't like the mental illness comments.
Speaker 1: I just that was that that was the one where I was sort of like, this is listen, no shade, because I got siblings sometimes you know, give you.
Speaker 2: Buck a siblings. It's what it is that I'll just be real.
Speaker 1: That bothered me as much as the mental illness conversations did, because I just felt like that was just something that I don't think should be included in any argument, you know what I mean, Like the notion of that.
Speaker 2: Whether or not it was Tiwanda's.
Speaker 1: You know, point of saying your sick in terms of making light of that, she has to say whether or not she meant it that way.
Speaker 3: But I just thought, like it didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just felt like all things.
Speaker 1: I just didn't I didn't like that because you know, Tamar has been open about dealing with men on this and and all those things, and I just think those type of conversations it wasn't a place for it.
Speaker 2: But I also think this.
Speaker 1: I think Claudia is right in the sense of these women some are over fifty.
Speaker 2: I think Tamar.
Speaker 5: Forty eight at the time of film. And remember when she when she showed her body off Tatrina and the heat of the argument and was like, you're jealous, bitch, I would be too forty eight. She tapped her butt cheeks. Do you remember that part? I remember that part? Did you see that part?
Speaker 2: Thank you for the color of the descripture? Yes, I'll do. That's what sort of like, thanks God.
Speaker 3: She was doing all that shit. Jealous bitches. Forty eight bitch, that's what she was doing.
Speaker 4: That's crazy talking here, y'all. That's that's a crazy fight.
Speaker 6: To have.
Speaker 2: That casting up.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I'd have been customed to wind out because she could have, you know, say, all you see is that purple, not.
Speaker 2: The purple, Not the purple. But what I will say I do give with Claudia.
Speaker 1: I think, Look, they're close to fifty over fifty, I think at this point, and it's sad to say, but I've had lived experience too, like you two did. I just think at some point you get to pick and choose who you want to be part of your own family.
Speaker 3: Can we give notes?
Speaker 5: Because while when you had had technical difficulties, at the top of the show, Claudia and I were talking a little bit more about the Braxtons in general, and I wanted to share this with you too before we get out of here.
Speaker 3: I'm tired of the formula. The formula needs to change when it comes to the Braxtons. Right.
Speaker 5: These are people of a certain age, right, people with children, you know, grandchildren. It doesn't treat to have grandchildren anyway. Yeah, I think when Trina sons may or may not be married or have a child, I don't know, but there are at a certain station in life.
Speaker 3: All we really have been getting from the.
Speaker 5: Braxtons is either the sisters arguing going for blood against each other, or else they're together and they're acting silly and singing when they talk.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Twanda did it in this episode when she was on the phone at the dress fitting for her Ladies of Honor, which do what you want to do, but it's just confusing when everything's different right, like nothing is just what it is? Everything, Well, no, we're gonna call him this when we're gonna wear this. We now we're gonna do it. Everything is off and they Daddy should have took his head off before he walked down the aisle too. But anyway, we see Tuanda at the dress shop trying and stuff on, right, and when she's talking to Tony on the phone, that's how you know somebody is like not really present when they talk to She was going yet we at the bridal show getting ready for the bridgeting shower. Tone said, Hi, everything is singing, nothing is really real. She don't be doing that ship When she talked to Trina, her and Trina just be kicking it talking. You know what I'm saying. That represents am I off here? Or does that and not represent a connection.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, don't talk to that much. Yeah, we need to stop.
Speaker 5: If they not arguing with each other, they singing songs and making us they being silly and childish in a way they used to be charming when the show first started. That's what we love the most about seeing them be together and make up those songs, like you said, which we all love and still remember.
Speaker 3: We love seeing that.
Speaker 5: But now ten ten years later, the fighting or either acting childlike is really getting played out when there's a whole bunch of story in between all of that.
Speaker 3: Carlos, you're a producer.
Speaker 5: You see all this story that these sisters have that is not the cut whatsoever.
Speaker 3: We gotta change up the formula because the rest of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's listen, Obviously I agree with that. I want to see them have fun as seeing and and.
Speaker 2: Create a new formula.
Speaker 1: You know, you're seeing some of that with the Kardashians and their new season. Whether people like it or not, is it's different than keeping up. But to Dus's point, that's a new formula involved in that one. So on one hand, it's like, yes, you follow the reality. The reality is this happened but I think to Dust's point, on the other hand, you saw them trying the elements of like the BTS, the producers being involved, so you're seeing something different than bracket family values.
Speaker 2: But I think tonally, yes, some things have to change. I agree with you, Dustin.
Speaker 4: Yes. And it's not just them, it's the black It's a genre. Every show is, Oh, such and such, Red herd down cussed her around and she went on and I'm like, black folks, we are more than just fighting. Yes, we are passionate people. Yes we get emotional. Yes, we go from zero to four hundred, and you know, we put a little stank on everything. That's why we're the best people to watch on shows like Families few so emotional. But god damn it is that all we are is fighting, catching someone cheating, cussing someone out, embarrassing someone on camera, and like reading someone down. Like every single show is that nowadays. Every show is that. It's so like switch switch the name of the show, Like just insert the same storyline different different cast members, and it's dead. And that's why people are not as excited about any hardly enemy shows anymore, because we gotta get back to it's funny That's why with your show with Bells Carlos, it's nice that we still have we have some drama, but there is still some opportunity for humor. That's what we're missing. Like if I want to see fighting all day, I can throw on CNN. I can throw on the news. And we want to escape from that. Like all we see is bickering, bickering, bickering, bickering with everything, and it's like, damn, Like it's cool, there's a balance, Okay, fight, but then y'all went to a strip club and y'all laughed your asses.
Speaker 3: Off, exactly enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: Okay, but when.
Speaker 4: It's only it's the scales. The scales are just so unbalanced, and that's all we get. And that's why I don't really like Honestly, that's the main reason why I'm so late on a lot of reality shows because I'm like, I just assume they're all I doing is arguing, Yeah, you know what I mean. So I'm seeing that not all. It's not ten.
Speaker 5: Y'all, and I love it. No secret, y'all know. I watch all the fighting shit. I love zoos so watching now that's TV. I watch all that ship but let it be that called the show the Braxton ass beating and put it on zeus. You know what I'm saying, And let's let let's make it that if that's what we're gonna watch otherwise, values right, and y'all rooted in the church. One minute, y'all want to be rooted in the church, and everything is about the Lord and gospeling our upbringing. But Tay Mason versus where their tongue stuck out bobbing to the same music I'm singing every word to in my worldly home. So you know what I'm saying, I don't balance the balance here in this alignment.
Speaker 3: Be who you are. We love the Braxton's.
Speaker 5: As much as Tamar has done things that have been difficult to enjoy, I still love Tamar Braxton's talent, right. I think she's an incredible singer. I think she's a brilliant television personality. I think Trina Braxton is hilarious. I think Tawanda Braxton is interesting. I think Tony Braxton is iconic. I want to watch the show. I want to see them and see what's going on in their lives beyond what we know about them. You know what I'm saying, I don't want to see them clawing blood out of each other's necks as sisters.
Speaker 3: I just don't want to see that.
Speaker 5: So but shout out to them, Like I said, I want to show to continue. May they have multiple seasons. May it continue, and hopefully we end up seeing them find some sort of peace and some sort of bridge of harmony and togetherness as sisters, because they are. While they're cussing each other out. Some of that pain might be from grief. I'd imagine that they lost their niece, the actually their niece, actually her sister is the one who passed away, Tracy passed away. They experienced a lot of loss, so some of that acting out that we see is more than likely rooted in that. My wish is for them to find healing and get along and keep singing.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. That's what I hope for them.
Speaker 5: That's why we so fucking frustrated when we've seen Tamar turner on and show her ass cheeks to Trina talking about forty eight bitch hitting her. But we didn't want to see her them speaking to each other like that.
Speaker 3: We want to see them figuring it out.
Speaker 4: Damn out. I was just about to stand up and show my fifty two year old Now.
Speaker 3: You gotta call me your nigga, a motherfuck nigga.
Speaker 2: Look at.
Speaker 4: You should have chicks like this. J I didn't. Yes you did?
Speaker 2: You put my head? Get along?
Speaker 4: We want you to get along. The fans actually, at this point getting along would be breaking news. And we would love to run with that. We would love to run with that.
Speaker 1: And and and I'll say this just because they had this moment of you know, verbal dispute or whatever, and and Tamar pulling and kicking. At the end of the day, we saw Kim and Courtney slap the ship on each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but please you already know night.
Speaker 1: So like so for the audience, like, calm down, That's what I said.
Speaker 2: I was less about a siblings fight two years ago.
Speaker 4: Half of Kim's face was on the wall, the makeup was on the wall.
Speaker 5: We ain't unfairly holding him to a standard as anyone else. They're not representing black people. It's not that type of conversation. I person. I speak for myself. I'm pretty sure I could speak for y'all too. I don't really funk about none of that. We're just talking about the Braxtons.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Yes, we're not We're not.
Speaker 5: We're not punishing them for you know, Vince represented. No, this ain't that everybody. Everybody, everybody, All that stuff happens. We just talking about what we saw.
Speaker 4: I never I have a half sister, but I didn't know it was like when I was older. So I never have like any fights like me and my brother when we were little, but not really like I don't know that life. I really don't. Even with my friends. I rarely have fights with arguments with my friends, like when I lose big deal from me, like I be going through it because I'm like, how did I lose a friend deal?
Speaker 5: I'm the youngest, like my siblings ain't never made me feel like no, that little boys ship.
Speaker 3: Or what we always been down. Friends always been like a.
Speaker 2: Very support them. Yeah I met the one that came to Atlanta.
Speaker 5: Yeah my sister, Yeah, my older sister. Yeah, she's the oldest and I'm the youngest. So you've seen You've seen it for yourself. You know what it is, you know, so I don't. My experience might be a little bit. That don't mean we don't get on each other's nerves and have disagreements and challenges in our relationship. Of course you do. But I'll be damn, it ain't nothing I can say. It ain't ain't nothing nobody could do to make me turn on my brother and my sister.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think the lot I know, we gotta go. But a lot of like I say about relationships on reality shows, a lot of this is just as later because they're on television and they're doing it in front of people like I don't. I think it's it's a thing of I can't get read down, okay, and then the comments, oh you're gonna let your sister talk to you like that? I think things get escalated and extra batteries get put on backs because of the TV show. I Best you was not ugly before they got on TV. It's probably ugly, but this level is.
Speaker 5: Just that's why you got to be all right up here with it, you know what I'm saying to where you're not motivated by I think Tamar and Tuanda, based on what I seen what I saw on the show, they appeared to be motivated by a desire to win the argument and shame the other one, And that's ego and pride, you know what I'm saying, and history as well, if that's rooted and ego and pride.
Speaker 3: You can't be in a headspace. You gotta be.
Speaker 5: Present and remember who you're talking to, Remember what the relation it ship is, remember how much you value it, and that will impact the way that you communicate with a person. Of course, you're human and you have emotions, you have feelings and thoughts and shit, but you need to be able to take another step in thought and consider the person, consider the relationship, consider what needs to take place for things to be good as opposed to for you to avenge something, and then you can make progress. And I think that we just didn't see that in these four episodes from The Sisters. We saw no bitch, I'm gonna get you. You know what I'm saying. That that's what we saw.
Speaker 4: I know, Mama Evla must be so stressed out, like seeing her daughters fighting like it's probably like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially when she was going through the heart issues this m oh no, those those are her those are her baby, those are her girls.
Speaker 2: And that's why I look.
Speaker 1: I will say this, Sometimes you have to see yourself on television and be like.
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Like, so my hope is that the sisters wire all able to look at this and hopefully move on from it and see the errors of some of the way. But look, we have I think six more episodes to go to this season. The only thing we know is, as of today, the only thing we know is Tamar and Tony are speaking to each other.
Speaker 2: We have to watch and see what happens.
Speaker 1: But in next week's episode, it does appear that Tamar is not at tomorrow's wedding.
Speaker 4: So oh, should I spill the beans on that? Didn't I?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, that's that's already been.
Speaker 2: Teased for the show.
Speaker 4: Honestly, when I was there, I was thinking, n like maybe because they were filming while we were there, right my releases put our phones away. Part of me was like, no, man, like, at the last minute, she's gonna walk through and it's gonna be like a big you know what I mean. I thought that I was actually kind of hoping for that for them. Yeah, yeah, because like it felt a little like, damn, how am I here and she's not? You know, I felt kind of yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So no, Look, my thoughts and prayers are with the entire Brason family. And look, my advice is this too shall pass and and just really try to I'll say, I'll end by saying this for me, I think at the end of the day, there's a respectful relationship to have. I think, based on people being fifty plus, I'm not here to ever advocate that you must be best friends with your sibling at this point. I think, I think, I think if that's not what's happening right now, it's okay to say I love.
Speaker 2: Her, but I can love from a distance.
Speaker 3: I'm cool with that me too. I'm actually fine with that.
Speaker 5: I would prefer that because if you're harboring some resentment and shit, I don't want you pretending to get along with me and being around me. I'd rather you be upfront like ya, I don't fuck with you. I'm not going to hay seven, I don't fuck with you. I'm not going to so get from around me.
Speaker 3: I'd rather you do that. So I agree, y'all.
Speaker 4: I don't think you should have to force something because of your family.
Speaker 3: Like I either. I don't believe in that you stress me.
Speaker 4: Out, you my cousin, my aunt, my mother, or my brother. Sorry, I'm not living, which.
Speaker 5: Is why you appreciate the ones that do you right even more, and you take advantage of opportunities to show love to your friends and family who when things are good.
Speaker 3: You should make note of that.
Speaker 5: You shouldn't always tell a person how you feel about them because y'all are in conflict and it's negative. Tell people how much you love them, tell them how much you appreciate the role that they play in your life. When it comes to your friends and family, that's important to me. I feel like my friends and family that I love and fuck with like that are supposed to know it because it affirms the relationship and makes people feel safe when it's honest. You know, when somebody's blowing smoke up your ass, but big your friends up, big your family up. You know what I'm saying, And just make sure that that heartbeat is there and those relationships because as you can see, the absence of it looks crazy.
Speaker 3: So agreed.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Oh listen, I love you too, as if we were all from the same well, so.
Speaker 2: Know that.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Two areas and a libra baby, Okay.
Speaker 2: Ray drops. We will see y'all on Monday. Have a great weekend and happy Halloween. And don't forget daylight saving times on Sunday.
Speaker 4: That's right, Happy Halloween, y'all. See you Monday.
Speaker 2: I Love y'all.
Speaker 1: Reality with the King is executive produced by me Carlos King, produced by Lizzie Nimitz, and a partnership.
Speaker 2: With the Lack Effect Network.
Speaker 1: You can also find us on my YouTube channel at the Carlos King Underscore