Speaker 1: Hi, Christy, Hello, Will.
Speaker 2: How is Nashville?
Speaker 3: Nashville was amazing. We had a wonderful time. Everybody was very cool. It was a great convention. And uh, I look up at my line and one of our final four contestants is there, and I'm like, oh, I can't really see you.
Speaker 1: We can't hang out. I can't Hi, how are you all? So she's like, I know, I know, I know. I'm sorry. And she's on today. She's like, I'm sorry. I was like, that's okay. You just be prepared, but I'm not giving you and I'm not letting you know anything that's going on. She's like, I know, I know.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I love doing this contact with you because you are one of the most like you're very you are so ruled by like this sense of fairness, and it is it was a side of you that I.
Speaker 2: Did not know existed, but in matches.
Speaker 4: I well, yeah, because it's not like you're you're not a like super micromanagy person. Like you're a very like chill, laid back guy. And we talked about, you know, anxiety stuff, but we're not. But you don't lead with that kind of chaotic energy, and so it's just it's just I think I'm probably more chaotic on a consistent basis than you are. So it's really great, though, to see that our contestants are being sort of really navigating. They're navigating this, trusting us that we're going to give them the fairest shot possible.
Speaker 1: I think so too, And I think we've done really well.
Speaker 3: Frankly, we've talked about how we listen to all the entries, and it was like we weren't like, no, we're not going to listen to this fifty, No, we got too many.
Speaker 1: We're not gonna listen to these hundred. Well, let's just get through a thousand and we'll pick who we are. We really are trying to keep this as fair as possible.
Speaker 3: And we went from what forty five hundred to where we are lie the exactly four.
Speaker 4: And we have we have the most amazing adjudicator today because it's not even an adjudicator as much as it's an experience that we're about to have absolutely all of us, all three of us, all of us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what we're you know, we are now moving on to a you know, we say we every time we hit another milestone in the in the contest, we switch up the game, so we started everybody who's been there with us, We started with by the Numbers and then we went to X you actually read all about it. Our game today is called Getting the Booth, and the reason it's called Getting the Booth is because we are just straight up going to be recording a scene from a cartoon with an incredible director who has been directing voiceover for years and years and years and years, multiple award where you name it, she's done it. She is here to help us out today. Our contestants are going to be getting in the booth.
Speaker 1: We are going to be and acting with Christy and I we're going to be in it too.
Speaker 4: And I want to say to guys, I want to just give you a what is it? A not a warning, but like heads up, heads up that I have not been in the booth since you and I were in the booth for something that we won't talk.
Speaker 2: About, but pray for it.
Speaker 4: But anyway, it's one of those things where I have not dusted off this skill set and I'm so happy that you guys get to listen in on this and hear me to try to approach this character.
Speaker 2: Sure that we've got for our contestants today.
Speaker 1: It's going to be so much fun.
Speaker 3: So before we jump into it very very quickly, because we are now hitting the final four.
Speaker 1: I can't believe I'm even saying that.
Speaker 4: And also it's like the final two of this season of I Hear Places or however you want to see it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, how many episodes again, how many.
Speaker 1: More we've got?
Speaker 3: We're going to do this one and then one more to get down to the final two, and then we do one more for the final two and we crown our winner.
Speaker 1: That's it, that's it.
Speaker 2: We have three more.
Speaker 1: There's three. So it's amazing.
Speaker 3: And of course none of this would have been possible without everybody that's been helping us out, so first and foremost of course to Prime Video and everybody over there at Critical Role, all of our friends. Go check out season two of Vox Machina, which is available for stream now. Great show, and I always say it's not because I'm on it, but it is an awesome, awesome show. Of course, everyone over there at CESD who have given us our incredible grand prize, which is signing with that amazing agency for a year.
Speaker 4: Will I told Anna Lisa Vanderpohl about this. She was just here in Austin for the TV Festival and we were hanging out. We made a very big announcement which I won't mention, but we're excited we can have a podcast spoiler Okay, So basically an Alsa.
Speaker 2: Vonderpoul from Raven. She's super talented. I go, hey, guess what, I have a podcast that I do. Uh it's I Hear Voices. It's with iHeartRadio. I love them so much. And guess what.
Speaker 4: CESD is going to have our contestants, like you know, the winner is going to get a year long.
Speaker 2: And she just freaked out. She's like, it's amazing. Can I join? Can I please?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Actor, no, everybody, it is every actor that you tell everybody, it's like if you know, you know, and every single one of them that you say, their jaw drops, like are you kidding?
Speaker 1: They get to sign with CESD. So it's huge.
Speaker 4: It's really it's really someone's first big opportunity, you know, not a break, but it's an opportunity.
Speaker 1: To It's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And of course all of it is thanks to iHeart who let us put this contest together and helped us every step of the way and made this possible. So thank you, iHeart. But we are now, as we said to the final four, we're going to get in the booth. But to do that you need the best director in town or what the directors in town.
Speaker 2: Arguably, let's call her and beep her.
Speaker 1: Huh we should So why would you call and beat this person? Christy? Who is our guest director adjudicator today?
Speaker 2: It is director extortedor Lisa Schaeffer.
Speaker 3: Everybody, yes, from Kim Possible and everything else. Please let us welcome Lisa Shaeffer.
Speaker 1: Heye, we're fine, Lisa.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 1: Thank you? Thank you so much for joining us today.
Speaker 5: Thank you for having me Mary Kidding for the final.
Speaker 3: Four of the Super Awesome Contest to become the next Big Voice Actor.
Speaker 1: We are so excited to have you here.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: We were just talking about how you directed us.
Speaker 3: Of course I'm Kim Possible forever, but you're also I mean, Monster High, Loudhouse, teen Titans, Go Boss Baby, back in the Crib, One thing after another, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Saturdays known long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's you name it, You've done it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's been a career.
Speaker 1: Do you want to toot your horn or are do you mind that we just toot your horn?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: I mean feel free.
Speaker 6: It's it's you know, every day is just as I wake up and I'm like, wow, it's been twenty years and I never thought I'd work another day and another day, another day, another day.
Speaker 5: So I'm excited. I love what I do. I'm happy to join every day. Now I get to do it for my house. I don't care.
Speaker 1: It's so great, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have some very very talented folks that you're about to seet, Lisa. And also I'm a little nervous, so you may have to walk me through this too a little bit because we have an original script written by Wilfred Dell.
Speaker 5: Hell yeah, we're gonna last night.
Speaker 1: Well, so that's what's fun. We are so to bring you a little up to speed.
Speaker 3: We started the super Awesome Contest Become the Next Big Voice Actor, which you know, and we got forty five hundred contestants. We have been whittling them down and we are to the final four. So we figured what we've said is we want somebody. We want contestants from the jump the winner that if you win on a Tuesday you can be in the booth on the Wednesday.
Speaker 1: We want you to be that good.
Speaker 3: So the first game we played was called by the Numbers, where the guest judge actually by picking random numbers, created the character on the spot.
Speaker 1: That the contestants had to do. So it was a lot of fun to do that.
Speaker 3: The second one was to see because, as every voiceover actor knows, the only part of the job is doing funny voices. So the next one was extra actually read all about it, and it was all about ad reads. And now we are jumping in the booth to actually have our contestants record a scene from A and I'm putting air quotes on their animated series. Uh so, we'd love to see how they take direction and the kind of direction that you would give, and how we you know, how you would treat any of us in the booth.
Speaker 5: Frankly, yeah, excited to be here. I do wonder are you going to have them read together?
Speaker 3: No, so I'm gonna be the teller and the old man. Contestant A to start with will be Red Rocket and Christy will be slam Girl, and then once again Christy will be slam Girl and Contestant B will come in and be Red Rocket. So they're both going to play the same role, both the contestants today, and they'll read it once through and then you can give them some direction. We'll do the scene again, and we're only gonna because it's a it's a four page scene, it's an actual scene. We're going to see how much time we have, but we're not gonna be bopping back and forth, so they'll probably read it once. We'll give them a good direct you know, you will give them a good direction, you know. Session, we'll read it through again, and then we will move on to our second contestant. They'll do that as well, and then we will, you know, see how much time is left. Maybe we'll have a chance to run through it once more, but I don't know if we will, and then we will have to pick who moves on to the next the finals where we be to the finals already.
Speaker 1: And and I think, did we tell you what the what the prizes are?
Speaker 5: I heard I listened to the one the ad one yesterday with Gary. Yeah you know CSD and crazy right, I mean crazy I mean, and we.
Speaker 4: Didn't mention was a thousand dollars spending cash and some iHeart opportunities as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're going to write some iHeart stuff and yeah it's amazing and meet us.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, that's like, you know, so cool and Sam Regal do you mention Sam?
Speaker 3: And yeah, they get a they get a direction session with Sam Regal and Mary McGlynn over our friends, our critical role who have been helping us out.
Speaker 1: So there's uh, there's some fun stuff to be had.
Speaker 3: Yes, Okay, so we know that we are down to our final four contestants. We have Hannah from Alabama, Mia from Florida, Danielle from Tennessee, and of course Haley from Texas. So I think today we have it's Hannah from Alabama and Danielle from Tennessee.
Speaker 1: I believe are with us today. So we are, We're getting down to it. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: And since this is gonna be kind of different, and whoever's reading first is I don't think there's an advantage of reading first or reading second because the other person's obviously not going to hear. But we want to make sure that we are keeping it completely fair. So if our guest judge for today, can you do me a favorite? Say heads or tails please? Lisa eh, it is heads, So Heads is going to be It looks like Hannah from Alabama is going to be first, and we will set the scene Canabama.
Speaker 1: Hey, Cannabama, how are you welcome back? Congratulations again on making the final four. Thank you.
Speaker 3: And this is Misus Shaeffer, who has directed just about everything you've heard in the cartoon world.
Speaker 1: And so we'll be our guest director for the day.
Speaker 3: And you got your script, I do, okay, So we are straight up putting you in the booth today.
Speaker 1: There's no games, there's no uh the game that is the game.
Speaker 7: That is the game.
Speaker 2: It's called Get in the Booth.
Speaker 3: It's called get any Booth. So it is literally we are just doing a straight up recording session. And again, because ninety nine percent of all recordings are now done on Zoom, we are really just doing a recording session today.
Speaker 1: We're going to have you read through it. We're not gonna do too many stage directions.
Speaker 3: I'm going to set the scene and then I will let people occasionally know what's going on. But we don't want to break up your performance or anybody else's performance. So we are going to be acting with you. I will be playing the teller and the old man and Christy will be playing slam girl. Yeah, you will of course be playing red Rocket. And we are going to get right into it. So everybody out there in I hear voices Land, so you know what's going on. We are going to be reading a script. We're going to be reading it straight through the way that we would be recording any kind of script we do in the booth. So I'm going to set the scene for you.
Speaker 1: We are starting in a bank in the morning, and it's a very slow day at the North South Bank.
Speaker 3: The teller looks bored as an elderly man stands at the counter and finishing their transaction.
Speaker 1: Mister Johnson, I'd be happy to count it again, but it was eight.
Speaker 3: Dollars and thirty seven cents the first three times I counted it, and I'm guessing it'll be eight dollars and thirty seven cents if I counted it again. Okay, ah, well, thanks for your business, mister Johnson. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure how much longer I can do this. Nothing ever happens here and just on que the doors of the bank are blasted off their hinges as this woman in a red suit and a jet pack flies into frame.
Speaker 7: Whoa hm, Lance?
Speaker 1: Oh actually it's Gary. I just lost my name tag.
Speaker 7: Okay, Lance, here it is. You have thirty seconds to show me to the safe.
Speaker 1: Right over there, but I don't have the key.
Speaker 7: Oh that's okay, Lance, Gary, I brought my own baby.
Speaker 8: Now that's a key. I hope you don't mind, sweetheart, but I'm gonna have to take all the bank's money.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 7: You don't have a problem with that, do you?
Speaker 1: No, ma'am?
Speaker 9: Put the tailer down?
Speaker 8: Well well, well, if it isn't slam, girl, I hope you didn't pay for that trademark.
Speaker 7: Anyway, I figured you might show up missus.
Speaker 10: Goody two shoes, I said, put the tailor down, Red Rocket?
Speaker 7: What Lance is my buddy? Are you Lance?
Speaker 1: It's Gary?
Speaker 7: Nice catch? Can you grab these two.
Speaker 6: Fast?
Speaker 7: You're but not fast enough? Who slam?
Speaker 10: This looks like you're heading back to jail, Red Rocket, and a good thing too, because this bank is closed.
Speaker 7: Seriously, is that it not even a good line?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 9: What should I say?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Maybe it looks like you're gonna have to do your banking online from now.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, how does that even make sense.
Speaker 7: You're right, just take me to the slammer. Hey, there you go.
Speaker 11: Nice.
Speaker 2: She actually wrote it entirely great.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Don't change my words, Tanabama, I'm kidding. I'm kidding. We're good.
Speaker 2: It's right there and I had to go for just over to the choices.
Speaker 5: Do you think I think it's amazing. I think so much fun and you really felt like you were You got all the action notes. It was a very super action you read. I would say, I guess my overall note would be way more energy and more sass to her.
Speaker 6: I think you played her sultry, which is fantastic. But I think for this action sequence, especially like kicking the door in coming and big and confident and really just like scaring.
Speaker 5: The daylights out of Lance or Gary or whoever.
Speaker 6: I think, especially when when you get to that, I brought my own like she's just you know, a badass.
Speaker 5: So I would generally pick up the energy. This is a very energetic place.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying you have to bounce off the walls, but definitely pick up the pace.
Speaker 5: That would also be my note generally to Will and Christie as well. It just needed to feel big and faster.
Speaker 6: As an overall general note, I think at the end, really have fun with that, sort of judging her lame tagline.
Speaker 5: I think you could have more fun with that and pick it apart.
Speaker 6: I love that you added your own thing and it was definitely I would definitely keep that in there, Okay.
Speaker 5: I think for your.
Speaker 6: Guys as Walla, I think because you're recording it together individual.
Speaker 5: Traps tracks, it's all okay to do it simultaneously. There should be a little more back and forth. But there's not a lot of line.
Speaker 6: Numbers, and there's not a lot of you know, places, no line numbers to sort of feel where that is.
Speaker 5: But it all worked out very naturally, and I thought it sounded great.
Speaker 6: But again, my overall note is just a little more energy, a lot more confidence, and really just come in and kick butt.
Speaker 5: I mean, you are the villain, but have fun with it.
Speaker 4: I actually think I could probably lean more into the slam girl personality that I thought you.
Speaker 5: Made her southern. I thought that was super specific and great. I would just you know, you know, me and my note just go faster.
Speaker 6: Yes, I would be run out of time on a daily basis, you know, And and animation just commercial too. You are under a little bit of a time done, and what you think feels fast isn't necessarily.
Speaker 2: What turns out super fast amazing. Let's do it, you ritty handle, let's go.
Speaker 3: I have a question, Lisa, would it be easier for this second take if to get them clean? If you wanted to do say three, three and three, so three grunts of you know, three fighting sounds from Christy and then three fighting sounds from Hannah to keep them separate?
Speaker 1: Or do you mind them overlapping?
Speaker 6: I don't mind them overlapping at all. I mean I think it's it's it's what that script asked you to do.
Speaker 1: All right, cool, so that those you got all those Notesanna, Yes, sir? All right, So here we go. Let us try Take two. Teller looks bored. Elerly Man is standing at the counter, mister Johnson.
Speaker 3: I'd be happy to count it again, but it was eight dollars and thirty seven cents the first three times I counted it, and I'm guessing it will be eight dollars and thirty.
Speaker 1: Seven cents if I counted it again. You well, thank you for your business, mister Johnson, and I look forward to seeing you tomorrow. I am not sure how much longer I can do this. Nothing ever happens here boom, the doors are blasted off their hinges, and incomes the jet pack. Oh Lance, actually it's Gary. I just lost my name.
Speaker 7: Take okay, Lance, here it is. You have thirty seconds to show me to the safe.
Speaker 1: It's right over there. But I don't have the key.
Speaker 7: That's okay, Lance, Gary, I brought my own. Ha Oh baby, Now that's a key.
Speaker 8: I hope you don't mind, sweetheart, but you're but I'm going to have to take all the banks money.
Speaker 7: You don't have a problem with that, do you?
Speaker 1: No, ma'am?
Speaker 9: Put the tailor down?
Speaker 7: Well, well, well, if it isn't slam Girl trademarked. Of course, I figured you might show up, miss Goody two shoes.
Speaker 9: I said, put the tailor down, Red Rocket.
Speaker 7: What Lance is my body? Aren't you?
Speaker 1: Lance said? Several times?
Speaker 7: It's Gary, nice catch, But can you grab these two?
Speaker 11: Ha?
Speaker 9: He slam Salami.
Speaker 7: You're pretty fast. Hey, you're not fast enough.
Speaker 1: To make some change?
Speaker 7: Oh no you don't.
Speaker 9: It looks like you're heading back to jail.
Speaker 10: Red Rocket, and a good thing too, because this bank is closed.
Speaker 7: Seriously, is that it. That's not even a good line.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well what should I say then?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 9: Maybe since you know, everything.
Speaker 7: Looks like you're going to have to do your own banking online from now on.
Speaker 2: Now, how does that make sense?
Speaker 7: I don't know. Just take me to the slammer.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: That was great, all right, thank you. We will be right back with you. Hannahbama, good job, Hannah, right, she was great. I'm so in my head, guys.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm like trying to divorce myself. I'm like, oh my god, my performance, her performance. Okay, I wonder you.
Speaker 6: Know, normally in a session, we do these runs with you know, the group, and then we break out and do like various pickup lines. I don't know if you for something like that, so that you can hear the little corrections as they go.
Speaker 1: I think we should.
Speaker 3: Why don't we do the runs with each of them, and then we'll come back and we'll do some pickups for each of them, and then we'll make our decisions.
Speaker 5: You'll get a better idea because you'll be less in the in the scene, because you had much more to.
Speaker 2: Do than I think.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 4: Bill did a great job though, because that is a great script for for us to test the animation and also.
Speaker 2: Saying those impacts yes.
Speaker 5: Yes, so back and forth. You didn't get to be away from it.
Speaker 1: And by the way, for everybody out there who's list, you're probably wondering, well, what's going on. You're not explaining everything that's happening.
Speaker 3: What are they dodging? And that's exactly what a recording session is like. You don't have somebody there reading what's going on. So what we may do is we'll put the script up on our Instagram page so you can kind of read the script and you can.
Speaker 1: See what the actual action is. But as you're recording, there's nobody in there reading the direction, reading what's going on. You've got to read it straight through like a like a radio play, which is why we're doing it that way. So we're recording it the way we would be recording it. So we apologize for everybody out there wondering what they're.
Speaker 3: Dodging, But you'll be able to read that on the Instagram when you get there, because we just want.
Speaker 1: To record it the way we record it. And so that being said, we now have Danielle from Tennessee coming to take her shot as Red Rocket. Let's see what we can do. Hi, Danielle, do you have your script? I do, all right, and are you ready to go?
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 3: All right, So this is Lisa Shaeffer, who is the director of Everything you heard growing Up and has been for a very long time. And so we're gonna read it just straight through. I'm gonna play the teller and the old man. Christy is going to be slam girl. You are Red Rocket, and we are going to read it just like we.
Speaker 1: Would in a booth. All right, all right, So here we go again.
Speaker 3: For everybody out there setting the stage, we are at North South Bank with a teller and an elderly man looking bored. Here we go. Oh, mister Johnson, I would be happy to count it again, but it was eight dollars and thirty seven cents the first three times.
Speaker 1: I counted it. Then I'm guessing it will be eight dollars and thirty seven cents if I counted it again.
Speaker 3: Give me your attitude.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for your business, mister Johnson, and I look forward to seeing you tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: I am not sure how much longer I can do this. Nothing ever happens here and on cue. The doors of the bank are blasted off their hinges, and incomes a streaking jet in a red outfit. Ah Lands, Actually it's scary. I just lost my name tag.
Speaker 12: Okay, Lance, here it is. You have thirty seconds to show me to the safe.
Speaker 1: It's right over there. But I don't have the key. Oh that's okay, Lance, scary.
Speaker 5: I brought my own.
Speaker 7: Now that's a key.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 2: I hope you don't mind, sweetheart, but.
Speaker 12: I'm going to have to take all of the bank's money. You don't have a problem with that, now, do you?
Speaker 9: No, ma'am put the tailor down.
Speaker 12: Well well, well, if it isn't slam girl, I figured you might show up me.
Speaker 10: Goodie too, shoes, I said, put the tailor down, Red Rocket, What Lance is my buddy?
Speaker 12: Aren't you Lance?
Speaker 2: It's scary?
Speaker 12: Ooh nice catch?
Speaker 7: Can you grab these two?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Ha the salama bamma.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 7: You pretty fast, but not fast enough.
Speaker 10: Hey, yeah, well it looks like you're heading back to jail, Red Rocket. And a good thing too, because this bank is closed.
Speaker 7: Curiously is that it?
Speaker 12: It's not even a good line?
Speaker 2: Will What should I say?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe looks like.
Speaker 12: You're going to have to do your own banking online from now on.
Speaker 2: Well, now, how does that make sense?
Speaker 12: Just take me to jail.
Speaker 1: Very nice, Lisa, it was excellent.
Speaker 5: I really like your choice for the voice coming in.
Speaker 6: I would have her even as she kicks in the door and for word through that bottom of that first page or the top of the second page, give her a little bit more confidence and more energy, and take control.
Speaker 5: Of the situation. You know, she's coming in to rob this thing. She should be bigger and more badass.
Speaker 6: As she you know, takes Gary and you know, flings him around pretty easily. I love der that's a key. I would paste that up a lot. I think, you know, being in that situation, it's it's a lot.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: The states are pretty high. You have to get in and get out right as a bank robber. I think we all have that.
Speaker 6: It's day to day, so it's not that you sit and linger over. I thought your fight and your wallet was all perfect, great energy. I wouldn't change any of that. And you've got you hit every note in the in the stage direction. I think coming out of it, you're pretty.
Speaker 5: Fast, not fast enough.
Speaker 6: I would pick up the energy more impressed that slam Girl kicked your assi the first time, you know, and then take control, but not fast enough. You have something more hidden up your sleeve. But I'm not sure I would change your voice all that much for that very last line when you went up into that high voice. Okay, I think it kind of took away from the character. I think you can make more fun of slam Girl versus making it a whole third character. That was just a specific note, but I love the whole character. You got her pretty.
Speaker 5: I loved all your sass in it. It was great.
Speaker 3: All right, Okay, do you want to take a second or do you want to just jump right into to another read?
Speaker 12: Sure, let's just jump right into it.
Speaker 1: Well, all right, you got it.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Love that starting again, North South Bank, mister Johnson. I'd be happy to count it again, But it was eight dollars and thirty seven cents the first three times I counted it, and I'm guessing it'll be eight dollars and thirty seven cents if I counted it again. Well, thank you for your business, mister Johnson, and I look forward.
Speaker 1: To seeing you again tomorrow. Ugh, I'm not sure how much longer I can do this nothing ever happens here boom, blast it off the hinges, in comes the flight. Oh, Lance, actually it's Gary. I just lost my name.
Speaker 3: Deag.
Speaker 12: Okay, Lance, here it is. You have thirty seconds to show me to the safe.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's right over there. But I don't have the key.
Speaker 12: Oh that's okay, Lance, Gary, I brought my own.
Speaker 7: Now that's a key.
Speaker 12: I hope you don't mind, sweetheart, but I'm going to have to take all the banks money. You don't have a problem with that, now, do you?
Speaker 1: No, ma'am?
Speaker 9: Put the tailor down?
Speaker 12: Well well, well if it doesn't slam, girl, I figured you might show up me goodyat two shoes.
Speaker 9: Oh said put the tailor down.
Speaker 12: Red Rocket, Lance is my buddy, aren't you? Lance?
Speaker 9: Scary?
Speaker 10: Ooh?
Speaker 2: Nice catch?
Speaker 7: Can you grab these two?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 7: Solamb You're pretty fast, but.
Speaker 9: Looks like you're heading back to jail, Red Rocket.
Speaker 10: And a good thing too, because this bank is closed.
Speaker 7: Seriously is that it? That's not even a good line?
Speaker 9: Will What should I say?
Speaker 12: I don't know. Maybe looks like you're going to have to do your own banking online from now on.
Speaker 2: Well, now how does that make sense? Just take me to jail.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. We will be right back with you. Danielle, thank you.
Speaker 4: You're right, You're right, Lisa, because honestly, it was very difficult for me to try to not be in the scene with her as well as trying.
Speaker 7: So yes, okay, what are we going to do.
Speaker 5: Well, let's go through, Let's bring Hannah back, and let's do a couple of I have some like three lines I'd like her to redo. Great, and let's the same thing with Danielle.
Speaker 1: Perfect and then and then we'll make our decision. Yeah, I love it. That works for you, guys, That works great for me. It's again just like being in a booth. Hey, Hannah, Bama, how are you? I'm well okay. So what we're going to do is we're going to do exactly what we do when we're recording something.
Speaker 3: So we recorded, we did two takes, and now Lisa is going to kind of walk you through some very specific lines that she would like you to redo, and we may do them two or three times, and we're just gonna do it as we would a session.
Speaker 1: Sure thing, all right? Uh, director extraordinaire, take it away please.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So what I normally do in a session is just what we did. Let you guys go through it once, let me give you some notes.
Speaker 6: Let's go through it again, and then we just go and pick up specific lines and I'll give you the notes. So maybe you do an A, B and a C take on each and then we'll move on from there. And that way, you know, it's it's we're not consistently redoing things that were perfect the first time.
Speaker 5: So the thing I want to pick up for you.
Speaker 1: Is the.
Speaker 6: Now that's a key line sort of midway through page two, Yes, and I want to hear just a little bit more of a turn. So I think coming in super confident and proud of yourself on that's a key fall through the second part, and then that last part is a veil, is a very thinly veiled threat.
Speaker 5: And so it's kind of a three part turn. So I'll just do it like two or three times, whatever you feel comfortable with, and we'll move on from there.
Speaker 8: Okay, oh baby, Now that's the key. I hope you don't mind, sweetheart, but I'm going to have to take all of the bank's money.
Speaker 7: You don't have a problem with that, now.
Speaker 5: Do you.
Speaker 8: Oh, Now that's the key. I hope you don't mind, sweetheart, but I'm going to have to take all of the bank's money.
Speaker 7: You don't have a problem with that, now, do you.
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: Now that's the key. I hope you don't mind, sweetheart, but I'm going to have to take all of the bank's money. You don't have a problem with that, now, do you?
Speaker 5: Excellent?
Speaker 6: That was great, And so then the other one I wanted to pick up was the the Lance is my buddy, aren't you Lance? And again it's sort of that sharp to slam girl confident and she my butty and then that veiled like Lance, you better go along with this or I'll kill you.
Speaker 7: You know that?
Speaker 5: So that there can be variations within a line.
Speaker 7: Okay, what, oh, Lance is my body? Aren't you Lance?
Speaker 4: Lance?
Speaker 1: Lance? Is my body?
Speaker 7: Are you Lance?
Speaker 6: Ah?
Speaker 1: What Lance? Is my body?
Speaker 2: Aren't you Lance?
Speaker 5: Awesome? Those are exactly what I was thinking. Thank you so much?
Speaker 1: And was it?
Speaker 6: And the other thing I always am interested in and I think we have a little bit of time.
Speaker 5: Was there anything you felt you wanted to redo if you had the chance, Because.
Speaker 6: I always get actors like I want to do line one O four and can I do twenty six? And I'm like, yeah, if into like, you know, thirty lines, we're not gonna visit that.
Speaker 1: But I always that's me. Every time. I'd be like, can I redo the first three scenes we did? Would that be a problem?
Speaker 6: But there's always that, you know, I'm always if time permits, you know, it's always I'm always willing if somebody wants to go back.
Speaker 5: So I would open it. If you wanted to redo anything.
Speaker 13: I would say. The one line that I immediately like closed my camera. I got put to the waiting room.
Speaker 7: I was like, why didn't I do that?
Speaker 13: Would be the second to last line that I don't know. Maybe it looks like you're gonna have to do all your online banking. Let's do it, Christy, don't hate me.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know what you're gonna do.
Speaker 5: Do it.
Speaker 2: You're from Bama, you better do it.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 8: Maybe looks like you're gonna have to do all your banking online from now honors something, Yes, very good.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't even do add or something like don't throw it away after you did it, you know, like ownly own the machi. I would say, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Maybe looks like you're gonna have to do all your banking online from now on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I think that character would. If she's gonna mock, she's gonna own it, right. You don't have to come back down for the or something.
Speaker 7: Okay, let me do one one and then I will stop being will.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 8: Maybe it looks like you're gonna have to do all your banking online from now on.
Speaker 5: Awesome?
Speaker 6: Irolling, yeah, exactly, more ironing, which is my favorite direction.
Speaker 2: It is it is that was like we said that a lot.
Speaker 6: Well because Christy, you were always so sincere and sweet, and I was always like, okay, you're gonna have to be less sweet because.
Speaker 5: Was just such a sweetheart.
Speaker 9: I was just happy to be there.
Speaker 5: I had to turn her into the ironing mania.
Speaker 3: She has not gotten the you have to be less sweet note since two thousand and three.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm just happy to be here. Thanks guys, I love you all all right, thank you, and Obama appreciate it.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I have I have a I do.
Speaker 4: I love that you just did that because I was allowed to actually chat to even like we have a chat on.
Speaker 2: Our on our on our recording booth here and I was thinking.
Speaker 4: I was very tempted to say, hey, guys, what if he gave them the opportunity to approach this differently in one pass, like like to throw them at it and be like, what if you did it with a British accent or what if you just did it? Totally a bold choice pass because I know with the way that Lisa encouraged me to do different things at times that like, you know, you feel constrained and locked into something, and like this is kind of us looking at their talent from a macro lens. So I don't know how you guys feel about it, but I'm glad at least that Bama did a little take where we could see her playfulness.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, like what I mean, I'm I away came from to a point where it's like you've now gotten the role, so this is the voice you picked to get the role and now you're in the booth all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah so it was, And but I love that the going back and.
Speaker 3: Doing it just like a session and Lisa you saying we've got to pick up different.
Speaker 1: Pickups and what do you want to do?
Speaker 3: That's I love this so much because it's exactly what we do I mean, this is exactly what we do. So I'm so happy with that, and let's bring Danielle from Tennessee and do the same with her.
Speaker 1: Hey, Danielle, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good?
Speaker 1: Okay. So what we're going to do now is.
Speaker 3: What we always do when we are recording anything like this is we'll go through it once or twice like we did, and then we turn it over to our director who is going to give you some specific notes and then going to have you do some specific lines a couple times to make sure that you know, sometimes we didn't get it the way we wanted, we didn't get it clean whatever.
Speaker 1: It is, so we kind of go through and it's a bit more of a cleanup process. So we turn it over to Lisa from there.
Speaker 6: All right, all right, yeah, so it's totally natural we do these big scenes and then we go back with everybody and sort of pick up these individual lines. But I would say, as an overall note for for you, Danielle, for that physical stuff, the walla in the in the fight scenes, be very mindful of not moving your body. It's supernatural to want to punch and fight and punch and fight, but you're going to get it on.
Speaker 5: The mic, and you're gonna hit the sin and you're gonna knock things.
Speaker 6: We're not going to redo all that because your your efforts were great and they sounded great.
Speaker 5: I would just just as just a note would just be be mindful of being very still with your body.
Speaker 6: Sure, and that's a that's just something you have to learn because everybody, you know I talk with my hands, everybody does it. And then you ask for fight walla and and everything moves physically through your body, so it's super supernatural, all right. So what I want to come in on is the top of page two that Okay, Lands, here it is, you have thirty seven and I really want to see how badass she could be.
Speaker 5: Just take control of that room. And so let's do like an A, B and a C take just do three in a row and just really feel it, all right.
Speaker 12: Okay, Lance, here it is, you have thirty seconds to show me to the safe. Okay, Lance, Here it is, you have thirty seconds to show me to the safe. Okay, Lance, here it is, you have thirty seconds to show me to the safe.
Speaker 6: Excellent, And now what if Lance, was it like you're not holding him yet? Like he's still like he just blew the door off, and it's like, hey dude, you know, so get his attention from.
Speaker 5: Across the room.
Speaker 12: Okay, same thing three takes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, just be a couple of times.
Speaker 12: Okay, Okay, Lance, here it is, you have thirty seconds to show me to the safe. Okay, Lance, here it is, you have thirty seconds to show me to the safe.
Speaker 5: That was an excellent adjustment, Thank you so much. The other one I want to pick up is actually at the bottom of that PAGs the well, well, well m and I would just paste it up and again just.
Speaker 12: Push her sass alrighty, same thing three takes yep, all right, Well well well, if it isn't slam girl, I figured you might show up meets Goody two Shoes. Well well, well, if it doesn't slam girl, I figured you might show up miss Goody two Shoes.
Speaker 2: Well, well, wow, if it isn't slam girl, oh, I.
Speaker 12: Figured you might show up meets Goody two shoes.
Speaker 5: Excellent.
Speaker 6: And then was there anything you would like to redo if you had your choice to do any line over again?
Speaker 5: Was there anything that you felt you wanted to do? Hm, let me see and the answer can easily. You don't have to. I always ask somebody.
Speaker 6: I always ask the room if there's anything you know, anybody wants to pick up.
Speaker 12: Actually, that final line that I don't know maybe looks like you're going to have to do your banking online from now on.
Speaker 2: I know that you had mentioned the not changing.
Speaker 12: The voice would probably add a little more to it. What what would you think, because I I if you're wanting me to like maybe tame it down somewhere, it's not so crazy of a vocal change in terms of making fun of her, because my thought is I want to make fun of the bubblegum heroin, so I'm.
Speaker 2: Kind of like and well, it would be a good adjustment.
Speaker 5: So what an idea would be?
Speaker 6: First, you could just straight up lock her in any way you mock her without changing your voice, and just be like, oh, you're just such a you know that type of feel. The other thing is Christy made a very specific choice to make her southern, so all over that versus you know, that was a specific choice to go off of. But I would whatever it is, do it with with intent in that the Red Rocket, It's gonna mock this girl.
Speaker 5: And not be apologetic.
Speaker 8: For it.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, so that's where I would land with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, do you mind if I do an A and B take on that? Do we have times?
Speaker 1: Go for it?
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 2: Let's see.
Speaker 12: Oh I don't know, maybe looks like you're going to have to do your banking online from now on.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 12: Maybe looks like you're going to have to do your banking online from now on.
Speaker 5: Awesome?
Speaker 9: That was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, thank you very much. We'll be right back with you. All righty, So, I mean, what do you think is there anything else to throw at them?
Speaker 5: I think the only other thing you could do, I mean it happens very rarely. I mean you could have.
Speaker 1: Them do slam girl, I was thinking the same thing is switching it up every would you love to do the villain? Because what we're going to do now, I love Christie's like, it's about me.
Speaker 7: I get to play.
Speaker 9: Sorry, Sorry, I just don't work enough.
Speaker 1: I'm just so excited.
Speaker 3: I think it's a great idea because what we always did is we threw something at them.
Speaker 1: In the other we always gave them cold reads. So this is a perfect way to do it. Let's read it through once. The way we just did. We'll just do one time with each of them.
Speaker 3: That's it, no notes, just one through each of them as Slam Girl as a final just throwing.
Speaker 1: It at them.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know what, this is actually the way that it goes. If you go in for an audition at a at a you know, like a callback level, you guys could like the voice right and you're like, hey, you know what we actually want to hear you do this character now, So right, we'll explain it to me.
Speaker 5: I've done that a lot of times.
Speaker 3: All right, Lisa, one more time? Heads or tails chaos? Nope, it's heads again, so we we is it now?
Speaker 1: I forget who it was?
Speaker 7: Who was here?
Speaker 1: All right, let's bring in Danielle. Hey, Danielle, how are you? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Sorry, I keep stepping away from that day.
Speaker 1: No, no worries. Okay.
Speaker 3: So every you know, every week we throw in a twist, and this week is no different. Even though we just came up with the twists list, it really just came up with a twist. But it's what we're going to do. So we are going to read it once more, one time through no notes, know anything else, just the way we did, except now you are slam girl. All right, let's do it all right, so cold read again, here we go.
Speaker 1: We're going to pick it up.
Speaker 2: Wait, they don't have to do the accent right, make.
Speaker 1: How you want.
Speaker 3: But what we are going to do, since the whole first part of the scene is really just Christy and I, which is very, very strange, we are going to.
Speaker 1: Start from your line. Put the teller down already, let me pull that on here this slam girls entrance.
Speaker 3: This is called a here yeah, and we're gonna be picking it up from the middle at slam Girl's entrance, at your pleasure, all.
Speaker 2: Right, put the tailor down.
Speaker 10: Well, well, well, if it is in slam Girl, I figured you might show up, miss Goody two shoes, I said, put the tailor down, Red Rocket.
Speaker 2: What Lance was my Boddy?
Speaker 9: Aren't you Lance?
Speaker 1: It's scary?
Speaker 2: Nice catch?
Speaker 9: Hey, can you grab these two? Oh?
Speaker 2: You're pretty fast? Not fast enough.
Speaker 12: Looks like you're heading back to jail, Red Rocket, and a good thing too, because this bank is closed.
Speaker 2: Well, seriously, is that that's not even a good line? What should I say?
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe it looks like you're gonna have to do your banking online from my one or something.
Speaker 12: How does that make sense?
Speaker 9: Should take me to jail?
Speaker 1: Thank you, Danielle.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, there a huge smile on my face.
Speaker 6: Guys, it.
Speaker 1: Was great. It's great to see another side of her.
Speaker 3: Let's then let's bring in Let's bring in Hannah and we'll see, uh, we'll see what Hannah does with it, and then we.
Speaker 1: Will talk it out.
Speaker 2: Yikes, I know, really hard.
Speaker 1: Hey Hannah. Hello, Okay, So, like every week, we are throwing a twist at you. It is a twist that way.
Speaker 3: It is the twist that we just invented. Yes, uh, you're gonna do exactly the same thing, but your.
Speaker 1: Booth is going to be on fire. No, So what we're doing.
Speaker 7: What we're gonna do is I had to turn off the air conditioner. It's like ninety degrees.
Speaker 1: I know. It's the worst, isn't it. I've got the same thing in my booth.
Speaker 3: So what we're gonna do is we're gonna do what's called the pickup and we are gonna start mid page two, mid page two with the line put the tailor down.
Speaker 7: Put the tailor down.
Speaker 1: But you are now slam girl. Okay, so we're switching it up your slam girl, Christia's red rocket. We are doing a cold read. Sure anytime?
Speaker 7: All right, put the tailor down.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 9: Guys, I didn't stole back off.
Speaker 1: I am sorry.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: There's this pivoting is a lot. I'm sorry. Lisa knows.
Speaker 9: Lisa knows.
Speaker 2: By the way, Oh my god, I'm so exposed. Okay, go go go. You're home presional than me starting in. I want you to start right now.
Speaker 3: And maybe for that, maybe for that, this is a good good place, maybe for that first line. Just back off your mic the littlest bit because you you spiked a little bit. So anytime, sure, hut the tailor down?
Speaker 10: Well, well, well if it isn't slam girl, I figured you might show up ms goody two shoes, I.
Speaker 7: Said, put the tailor down, red rockets.
Speaker 2: What Lance is my buddy? Aren't you Lance?
Speaker 1: It's Gary? Nice catch?
Speaker 9: Can you grab these two? You are pretty fast but not fast enough?
Speaker 1: Who No, you don't that's you, slam girl.
Speaker 9: No, yeah, you're slamer.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, I didn't hear the.
Speaker 9: Huge You didn't hear a huge impact from me, So I got that might do it?
Speaker 2: I will do it right now, guys.
Speaker 9: It says huge impacts on the script, and she is a pro.
Speaker 8: Okay, looks like you're heading back to jail, Red Rocket, and good thing too, because this bank is closed.
Speaker 2: Seriously, is that it? That's not even a good line?
Speaker 7: Well what should I say?
Speaker 2: Hmm?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 10: Maybe it looks like you're gonna have to do your banking online from now on or something.
Speaker 7: How does that make any sense?
Speaker 10: I don't just take me to jail.
Speaker 7: You mean to the slammer.
Speaker 1: Ah, thank you, Hannah, we write that, my god. Guys. Yeah, I mean, I know what I think, but I'm not. I mean, again, they're both very good.
Speaker 2: I personally do this now.
Speaker 3: Now you just talk it out. Now, you just talk it out and here and I usually start. I think Hannah came in a little I think she ad lipped. I think she came in a little more natural. I think she switched over to slam girl in a very interesting way. And frankly, I just thought, at least today, because again Danielle is phenomenal, I thought her acting was a little more on point today.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, Danielle's that's just really.
Speaker 2: I feel the opposite.
Speaker 4: I feel daniel Yeah, I think Danielle's acting is more nuanced. I think that she's definitely it almost felt like when Danielle was playing the villain, I think she showed more range. And I also think that her villain felt a little bit more like there was a backstory.
Speaker 2: So I think Lisa's got a at least it's got to throw the tie here.
Speaker 5: I the worst and I and I don't want to break anybody's spirit. They were both really good, like they said, and clearly you could see how they got to be in the final four. But I agree with you will.
Speaker 6: Hannah's acting was so strong and her ability to take direction on and turn on in a minute, and.
Speaker 5: And Danielle's acting was was really good too.
Speaker 6: I felt like she got stuck in a place and it wasn't moving around very much.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, and her approach to like being physically in a scene.
Speaker 6: Everything felt very intimate, and even when I tried to get a force perspective on it, it didn't go.
Speaker 5: It didn't feel like it moved the room that much. But her choices were great. I think when she did slam Girl was actually a more natural fit for her.
Speaker 4: That's what that's what made me was that's what made me be like, oh my gosh, she has all this range, and I think.
Speaker 6: That's that is, you know, maybe her sweet spot, whereas I think Hannah did.
Speaker 5: Both equally well, a great and good.
Speaker 6: You could sort of put her anywhere and change her up and she'll move with it.
Speaker 5: I agree.
Speaker 1: I agree with everything you said. And again we've said this from the beginning. Now it's all nitpicking, now sure it is.
Speaker 3: It's it's top chef where you both you give two great meals in front of you, and this.
Speaker 1: One did the tiniest little bit of salt and this one did that. I mean, it's they're both good.
Speaker 3: And we've said from the beginning, really from the top sixteen, all of them could be signed.
Speaker 1: I mean really all.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, And it's not to say one won't get signed. It's if this is moving somebody forward. I think Hannah did the work today that moved her forward.
Speaker 1: I agree one hundred percent. Are you with that? Christy? Do you want we can fight?
Speaker 6: No fight? I know.
Speaker 4: I think I think that you guys are right, and I think you guys are much more frequently working in the booth and know what we need to get these whoever wins this contest in the booth with one of y'all working and enjoying that.
Speaker 2: And I also think that Danielle is.
Speaker 4: Also very talented, and we'll probably work And we've always said that. You know, if Danielle uses that hashtag, she listens back to this episode and doesn't hate us.
Speaker 2: She listens to that and she puts the hashtag. You know, I hear voices.
Speaker 4: Hopefully someone will find her and they'll either wrapper or they'll or they'll hire her, and we hope for the best for her.
Speaker 1: No, I think they will. She's definitely, I mean, she's definitely talented.
Speaker 3: She is again we're talking about taking weird and we're now all very talented people.
Speaker 1: We are down to just people that are good. So it's just and again sometimes it's just the day. So I mean, there's there's times where I'm terrible in the booth and it's like I just had a bad day.
Speaker 2: It just happened, and she wasn't bad.
Speaker 5: I don't think it was. It was a bad day.
Speaker 1: It was somebody came in and had a great day.
Speaker 5: It had a great day and had a home run. And that's not that is just how the day goes right.
Speaker 1: That is also the business.
Speaker 5: That's the business.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's auditioning, and I think that's the grind, and that's the thing I don't have experience. I mean, I interview, you know, to get jobs. But you guys do that every day. You send out thirty auditions, twenty ten, you know, And it is a numbers game, and it's you know, that's what we're doing.
Speaker 5: This got a final callback. If you get in the room with these people, we'll remember Danielle and I'll go cast something tomorrow and bring her back in.
Speaker 10: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Like it, it's a numbers game. It's your bad flipping of fake coins.
Speaker 1: But it's true.
Speaker 3: I mean, you have done what one hundred cartoons, one hundred and fifty cartoons.
Speaker 1: I auditioned for every one of them, and you've put me in six or seven. And that's awesome.
Speaker 6: It doesn't mean I was almost every directed every series I've ever directed.
Speaker 2: But you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, but you don't.
Speaker 4: You're not.
Speaker 1: You're not going to cast me as the lead in everything.
Speaker 2: That you do, because I know Lisa's put me in two different things too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's what you're right for exactly, and you know, like you you know people, you get to know people, right, so I would remember Danielle and.
Speaker 5: Go, oh, yep, I have and that girl who I think you know. I keep notes I have.
Speaker 6: I have just tons of notes that I keep on people I meet because I can't remember everybody's name because I'm terrible, but I write everything down so that when I cast for something else, I have these little notes that jog.
Speaker 5: My memory of Oh my god, that guy from that thing that I did, that one off, he was fantastic. Let's bring him in an audition.
Speaker 1: Ye look at Trevor. Look at Trevor Deaval, who's a friend of the podcast, is a perfect example. I mean, he came in, you cast him his rocket in Guardians with with me, and everyone's like, oh, this guy might be good, and he's is a genius. So yeah, I mean, you never know. And it's again, it was wedding, but it was fun. I was in San Antone anyway, Okay, So that so we I got they had great appetizers and then I got the stomach flu, but it wasn't because of his wedding, So okay, so then we're we're agreed. It's gonna be Handabama moving on.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, all right, so here I'm not saying it.
Speaker 1: I will do it. I will do it again. Christy. Sorry, can I can we bring Danielle back?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 2: Danielle is the person you saw it in Nashville.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the big reveal. Hey Danielle, how are you? Okay? We can't hear it?
Speaker 12: There we go, there we My mic has given me fits today, I know.
Speaker 3: Well, we just I wanted to thank you so much for coming. As we've said, it's the competition is getting very very stiff.
Speaker 1: Everybody is great. I mean really, everybody's really really good today. Unfortunately, your your fellow contestant.
Speaker 3: Just nailed it, just really hit one out of the park. So this is going to be as far as you're going in the contest. But you should be so proud of yourself. And we were literally just talking because we're it's all nitpicking now, It literally is all nitpicking.
Speaker 4: It is not.
Speaker 3: It is not Wow, somebody came and just was so much better than the other person. It's literally this little nuance and this little nuance and this little thing. But you are really good at what you do. You are going to work. We we were, you know, Lisa, we were just talking about this. How well can you tell her, Lisa, what you're saying as from a directing standpoint.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, First of all, it was such a pleasure to meet you, and you're true.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, But what I was saying is it becomes at your level, it's a numbers game, right, So you audition for a lot of things, you get called back to even you'll get called back to a lot of things, and then people like me will remember and and and so what you're not right for today? And I'm you know your slam girl was so good when we flipped that switch on you. I'll remember that for the next time we go, oh let's get that girl Danielle. Remember she auditioned for that one thing. There's always another day for it. And their role and and what you're not right for here?
Speaker 5: People remember they they I showed them.
Speaker 6: I keep long, horrible looking lists of people because because there's just the volume that I work with and I'm lucky enough to work But.
Speaker 5: You'll you'll definitely it.
Speaker 6: Was great and it was so great meaning you, but always know that we are always thinking of the people.
Speaker 5: We've met along the way.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, and and I'm I'm honestly totally okay. Like I'm I got to do my first professional project with a certain company that Will and Christy are very familiar familiar with that shall not be named as of yet. Yeah, I got to do my first professional role and I.
Speaker 5: Still have that.
Speaker 12: Like the contest was just this is fun. That's awesome, so funking See, this is amazing.
Speaker 5: That's the best way to look at it. It just is another addition to what you're I mean.
Speaker 12: Yeah, if you told five year old me I would get to read a script with Kim and Ron, I would have been lying.
Speaker 1: That is well, Danielle, thank you for everything. Congratulations again on making it to the final four. Again, we had forty five hundred entries and you made it to number four. Sure, yeah, I mean, come on, that's amazing, very grateful.
Speaker 3: It's amazing, and we're sure you're going to be signed and all that good stuff and we will see you in the booth, I promise.
Speaker 12: Alrighty, Well, Will, it was very nice to meet you over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you so much for coming out, and yes, we will see you again in the future. All right, thanks Danielle so much. All right, bye, bye bye, Danielle.
Speaker 4: I remember Danielle's. I remember Danielle his name from our pool because Daniel's. Yeah, I remember her phone, which I'm not allowed to say.
Speaker 2: So Danielle, you're listening.
Speaker 1: We love you and yeah that was great.
Speaker 3: Well, this this is now the fun part, but I like to do it a certain way. Can we bring Hannabhama back?
Speaker 2: He does the things he did? Oh Bama, Hey, Hello.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 7: I'm good?
Speaker 3: So you know, every week I do the fake kind of oh you're not. Yeah, I don't want to do that to you this week because it makes me feel bad. So I just want to thank you so much for coming on. You've been absolutely amazing and you made it.
Speaker 1: I mean, you made it to the finals. I did it again, Hannah. I didn't again to people.
Speaker 13: Because why I was like, I was like, okay, like I went out on a good note, Like it was so fun to do a table read with you guys.
Speaker 7: I was like, if this is the crowning part of the thing, I'm totally happy. Lisa, it was so nice to meet you too, and then you.
Speaker 6: Go and do that.
Speaker 1: It's fun. Okay, it's fun for me.
Speaker 7: Pay for the lib you know you gotta rid me.
Speaker 1: I know it was great. No, you did wonderful today. Congratulations, thank you. The next the next episode that your next round. You know, we still are, we still are going to be picking you know, your your fellow contestant. But your next round is going to be the by far, the most difficult of all the ones we've ever done. By prepare yourself. It's gonna be a ton of fun. But congratulations, you did great today. Ye, you really did.
Speaker 3: Your contestant that you were up against was also phenomenal. We are we are to the nit picking stage, Hannah, We really are.
Speaker 13: I saw the final four and I was like, bumb fourth, I'm okay, yeah, no, it's this is They're so incredible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're all great, amazing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the people you picked, it's just been incredible.
Speaker 1: You're all great.
Speaker 3: So it's only going to get tougher, but you're one step closer. Congratulations, you are first finalist and.
Speaker 5: It was so nice to meet you and work with you. You take direction beautifully.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much, Lisa, I appreciate it so so much.
Speaker 1: So congratulations Hannabama and we'll see you next time.
Speaker 7: Alrighty, thank you guys so much. Have a lovely rest of your day.
Speaker 1: You too, by too soon. She wasn't excited at all. That's the problem the broker spirit. Oh, it's the only fun I get is breaking the good news makes me do all the bad news, so I gotta get a little joy.
Speaker 4: Out of it.
Speaker 9: But that's sick joy. What's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: Fun joy?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: Because it gets low and then you're like, you're so excited.
Speaker 8: I love it.
Speaker 1: You think it's like, oh, I didn't win the lottery, And then but you.
Speaker 4: Know what's funny is that I feel like, okay, so I think we probably have done it critic consistently every single time. But Hannah is the one that has the most unique reaction. She literally falls for it every single time.
Speaker 6: I saw you doing it, and I'm like, I can't, can't watch this girl be tortured, and so right before I was just like enough you want.
Speaker 5: Like I love you so so much.
Speaker 9: I will miss you.
Speaker 4: I miss our our very long periods of time where we don't get to see you and I don't get to see it.
Speaker 2: Well, you get to see him maybe more often.
Speaker 9: But I love you, Lisa, I like adore you, and I.
Speaker 5: Adore you. I miss all of us together there now, I know, well.
Speaker 3: I adore you and you you tolerate me, but I adore you, which is I think is one of the Yeah, thank you much.
Speaker 5: Are you kidding me? This has been so much fun for me. I mean, I don't get out very much.
Speaker 6: I don't put myself out there. So you guys dragging me out the world. It's a very unique experience for me, and it's really great.
Speaker 1: So this is so much fun. Before you go, just very quickly, what what projects are you working on now that you can tell us about.
Speaker 5: I'm terrible with the NBA's. I have a new dreamwork show that I'm working that I feel like I can't name, Monster High. As you mentioned, we're movies.
Speaker 6: We're well into season two, lob House in eighteen Titan season nine, uh.
Speaker 2: My girls booked and busy eighteen Titans go.
Speaker 5: Our four hundredth episode of Titans.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Hey, and I didn't realize that it was been around forever.
Speaker 5: That's crazy, and so they we just got picked up. Yeah, it's it's a it's a lovely time and I am very fortunate and.
Speaker 3: I know, well that's one. Thank you again so much for taking your time. You're obviously one of the busiest people in town. So it's so sweet that you came off and.
Speaker 1: Did this for us.
Speaker 5: Anytime, anytime for you, guys.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Love you, Lisa. We'll see you soon.
Speaker 10: Bye bye.
Speaker 1: Well, there we go. Our first finalyst is Hanabama and well earned.
Speaker 4: Only two more episodes left, Guys, I stay tuned and share, and I'm just so happy to know that there's thousand the people who have been listening to us and really invested in and the story of this person. And you know, we'll definitely do something really special to commemorate the winner. And obviously we'll you know, be meeting them in person. And I think we'll have to do more video stuff like social when we're.
Speaker 3: Together and yeah, yeah, yeah, definitely we'll we'll figure all that out because yeah, we're getting down to it. I mean we are getting down to it. We have one more episode to have the finals, and then the finals and we crown our winner. It's that crazy that we're here after everything, and again, none of this would have been possible without Prime Video and our friends over there at Critical Roles. So don't forget to check out season two of Vox Machine for download. Now everybody at CESD who has been so amazing and helpful and will be signing our winner, and they're going to be getting somebody great. And of course iHeart who has been our parent company and has made all of this possible, and most importantly all of our fans. Christy said this in the last podcast, but I'm going to say it again, there's one person out there on our Instagram that keeps wanting us to tag the contestants and we can't so legally because they're still in the contest. They if they are no longer in the contest, they can are more than welcome to tag themselves, which we would love to have that, but we are not allowed to give out last names, or tag their socials or do any of that kind of stuff until we have crowned a winner.
Speaker 1: So that's the reason we don't do that. Just letting you know.
Speaker 3: And we will also make sure that we put up the script that we recorded today so that you can read along and see some of the actual direction that was there. But again, we wanted to record it exactly the way we record it when we're doing a show.
Speaker 1: So thank you everybody for joining us. I say it all the time, but Christy, I love you.
Speaker 3: This is so much fun and wrapping it up is tough because we've been through so much together.
Speaker 1: So this is going to be cool. We'll get in all that later. We'll get into all that later, but this has been super cool.
Speaker 3: And of course to everybody listening, thank you for everything and for following us for as long as you have. We're coming down to the end of it, so we're excited to see who's going to win.
Speaker 2: I'm in denial, but okay, we'll figure it.
Speaker 1: We'll figure it out. We'll figure it out when we get there. But thank you everybody.
Speaker 3: We love you, and don't forget if you think you have what it takes to step up to the microphone put your voices where your mouth is.
Speaker 1: Thanks everybody, Thanks everybody. I Hear Voices is hosted by Will Fredell and Christy Carlson Romano. Executive produced by Will Fredell, Brendan Rooney, Amy Sugarman, and Vicky Ernst Chang. Our executive in charge of production is Danielle Romo, our producer is Lorraine Viriuez, and our editor slash engineer is Brian Burton. And that was my announcer voice.
Speaker 10: Some side effects of listening to I Hear Voices are sore abs from hilarity, falling down the cocoa melon rabbit hole, sneezing due to mass nostalgia, and hugs.
Speaker 1: Follow I Hear Voices wherever you listen to podcasts so you don't miss any of the amazing voices.
Speaker 10: Be sure to follow us on Instagram and TikTok at I Hear Voices podcast.
Speaker 1: You can also check us out on MySpace, omegle Vine, LimeWire. Hey I'm a napster.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, let's teach you about the internet the.
Speaker 11: Who Hey there, I Hear Voices listeners. This is Nia, the winner of the super Awsome contest to become the next big Voice actor. I am so glad I found this podcast, and I'm glad you found it too.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 11: Then, Christy, also known as Kim Possible and Runstoppable, interview the best known voices in Hollywood, from your favorite.
Speaker 7: Cartoon characters to video game voices.
Speaker 11: You never know who they'll talk to next. Make sure to follow, like, and download the I Hear Voices podcast on iHeart Apple and anywhere you get your podcasts.
Speaker 7: And remember, if you think
Speaker 11: You had what it takes Put your voices where your mouth is