Speaker 1: Please put the phone down.
Speaker 2: Don't talk to me like I'm not here.
Speaker 1: I've said it many times. You need to concentrate on this show.
Speaker 2: Are you my dad?
Speaker 1: This is a very important episode.
Speaker 2: Hey, are you my dad?
Speaker 1: Going to start it this way? I guess.
Speaker 2: What's gonna be?
Speaker 3: Well, tell you.
Speaker 2: What's Sai Rachel the night?
Speaker 1: Okay? So I use I used the one that was thriller because welcome to the Halloween episode of Serial Killers.
Speaker 2: Dude, it's like still September.
Speaker 1: Would you shut up? It's going to be almost October when this airs.
Speaker 2: No, it really won't. But I mean it doesn't matter you think.
Speaker 1: But no, because the Halloween cereals are on shelves now, so we need to talk about it. I don't want it to air on the thirty first. I want people to get out there and get Halloween cereal.
Speaker 2: Be prepared to buy the Halloween goodness.
Speaker 1: Because the monster cereals are back in stores.
Speaker 2: I've never had any of these, so I'm very excited. You lie, I haven't.
Speaker 1: There's no way that you've never had Dude, I've had count chocula here before. You're lying because you love marshmallows like I do.
Speaker 2: No, I haven't had Count Chocula. I'm very sorry to break it to you. Also, that's Scottie. I'm Andrew.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, this is episode forty one of Serial Killers and it is the Halloween episode. But before we get started with the Halloween episode, we do need to take a trip.
Speaker 4: Serial Killers visits the Cereal Grave.
Speaker 2: How many times do I have to tell you the serial Graveyard is not it. It is not a segment we need on the show. You talk about cereals that don't exist already.
Speaker 1: Hello, it's Halloween, so we're in the graveyard. Just picture us in the graveyard. And this is a cereal from nineteen seventy four, part of the monster cereals that didn't do so well. You know, the monster cereals are Count Choculate nineteen seventy one, Frank and Berry also nineteen seventy one, Booberry nineteen seventy four, and then no, I'm sorry, Booberry was seventy three. See I'm so confused because I'm so old, I can't remember anything.
Speaker 2: Your word's not mine.
Speaker 1: So that in nineteen seventy four, this guy came along. His name was fruit Brute, but.
Speaker 5: Quiet fit.
Speaker 6: I need fruit root with my fruit flavored cereal fruit root part of you nutritious breakfast fruit but delicious fruit broot has fruit flavored marshmallows for the holy good taste of fruit Cold Chalculo's got chocolate marshmallows.
Speaker 1: Dancon Beerty's Got strawberry flavored marshmallow. Was the froot root with a howling good taste of fruit. Yeah, it was the fruity one as a marshmallows. As if the Frankenberry wasn't fruity enough, there had to be fruit brute. He was a werewolf kind of guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could see where this isn't working at And.
Speaker 1: Then if we tiptoe over here to this gravestone.
Speaker 2: You don't actually to tiptoe. Nobody can see it.
Speaker 1: In nineteen eighty eight, they try to bring the fruit monster thing back with fruity yummy mummy, the who is.
Speaker 2: He Wuddy Wuddy Count Chuculate and frankinberry meat, the fruity yummy mummy.
Speaker 3: Lin hey have a bite.
Speaker 6: It's new fruity yummy mummy cereal yo me morshmallows so monstrously big there with yummymummy monster mellows, fruity yummy ummy.
Speaker 1: Go Yummy Monster mellows In Frankinberry, Count Chuculate and now new Fruity Yummy Mummy cereal part of this complete breakfast.
Speaker 6: Makes your dummy go yummy.
Speaker 2: So they just got beavis.
Speaker 1: Before there was here was a mummy with like rainbow colored tape, you know, like the stuff you're wrapped in. What is this tape or something? Right, yummy mummy sandage whatever? Yeah, bandages. So those cereals are gone. However, back in twenty thirteen, because what happens is, see they bring the monster cereals back every Halloween. You can't get them any other time except Halloween nowadays. Okay, Count Chocolate used to be on the shelves all year round. That was the only one that they kept out there, and then for Halloween they would bring all three back. And then in twenty thirteen, I believe Fruity Yummy Mummy and Fruit Bruit came back with the other three monster cereals.
Speaker 2: And did they still bomb?
Speaker 1: They bombed because they were not the same formula as they were, Like, they changed, they changed everything.
Speaker 2: And as we know from listening to this podcast, our listeners would know when you changed the formula, it's going to suck.
Speaker 1: That's right. So here I am in a cereal sack.
Speaker 2: Wait, isn't it? Are we in the cereal graveyard?
Speaker 1: We're in the cereal Uh.
Speaker 2: You should say, oh my god, can we okay edit this in post production?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: What you're gonna say is, let's dig into the cereal coffin.
Speaker 1: oOoOO no, So here's where in the cereal coffin. It's Count Chocula cereal chocolatey cereal with marshmallows. And there he is.
Speaker 2: I've never had it, so I'm ready for it.
Speaker 1: That's really interesting. I can't believe that.
Speaker 2: Isn't this like your favorite cereal?
Speaker 1: This is yes, because you know what this is, chocolate lucky charms.
Speaker 2: I love chocolate lucky charm.
Speaker 1: You know what we should do a taste test. I want you to close your eyes and tell me if you can taste the difference.
Speaker 2: I took the chocolate lucky chimes home. Sorry, all right?
Speaker 1: So Count Chocula. When they first came out in one of the very very first commercials, they called the marshmallows sweeties. I don't know why, but they called them sweeties. I hold them. I've also heard them referred to as marbits. But we just call them marshmallows.
Speaker 2: Can I say one thing?
Speaker 1: You may know?
Speaker 2: It's funny They're making a movie off of Count Chocolate.
Speaker 1: I've been hearing that for months and months, but I don't see anything.
Speaker 2: It's gonna happen all of a sudden one day. Know what, It's gonna be the worst about it, though. It's gonna be straight to like Netflix. All of a sudden, You're gonna turn on Netflix, and it's gonna be like, watch this piece of crap movie.
Speaker 1: That we I would watch it, you would.
Speaker 2: I could see you being the one.
Speaker 1: So here we go. Count Chocula, Dude, you broke a bawl.
Speaker 2: You don't need to get a new dog bowl.
Speaker 1: Are you doing the Halloween episode without me? Yes? Count We're doing the Monster Cereals. Now I am.
Speaker 2: The Monster Cereal queen. Are you joined the episode?
Speaker 1: Do you know that Andrew has never had Count Chocula and life never had it ever? Do you want to eat it? Wait? Do you want to eat it out of the dog ball or the cup? The cup?
Speaker 2: Please? Everybody was like a cup?
Speaker 3: Didn't the dog ball break in?
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 5: This?
Speaker 2: Another one actually because we pre recorded them all. That was about four weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, that was four weeks ago. I cannot did.
Speaker 1: You do all the cereals yet? No, we're just starting. Oh I was giving Andrew a history lesson because maybe you didn't know. But also there was Fruity Yummy Mummy and fruit Brute. They were also monster cereals I did not know, and they were quickly discontinued.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 3: I learned so much from Scotty.
Speaker 2: He's a cereal expert.
Speaker 1: And you're just a cereal eater, thank you, who apparently doesn't even eat cereal on his off days.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm feeling very attacked.
Speaker 1: Wait, you were not supposed to do it yet.
Speaker 3: Oh you're not count chocula, so offended you would do this so it does out me?
Speaker 1: Sorry, Oh my god. Oh wow, I'm telling you this is off season chocolate lucky charms.
Speaker 2: This gets five balls, Yeah, five balls, five balls. I will say it has most the board a rice taste to it.
Speaker 1: They've changed over. This is not the original recipe because if you remember when we were younger, if you look at the pieces when we were kids, they were much duller like, almost frosted like. Looking this I believe is corn and it could have been wheat or something else back in the day. But it is a little different.
Speaker 3: It's very good.
Speaker 2: Cereal coffin we cereal.
Speaker 1: Oh hey, it's Rob Shooter from the Number twenty podcast on All of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 5: Shooter.
Speaker 1: Hey body, darling, have you ever had count chocola Cereal? I don't eat cereal. Shut out, that's blasphemy. Corn flakes to get in on this, you know what, that's the one cereal we haven't done yet, corn flakes.
Speaker 3: Or if nobody likes them, just put my things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yellow thing. That's what you said last night. It's called cune Yeah. And sugary.
Speaker 2: That's right, Gandhi's boyfriend sugary.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I have to do the Scotti shake.
Speaker 3: What's next with one?
Speaker 1: Frankenberry? Yeah, thanks for stopping by.
Speaker 3: I just all of the marshmalls so.
Speaker 1: Also released right around the same time as cal Chocolate. It's a little brother here, Frankenberry. Now these look way way, way way different. Look a look at the vibrant, the vibrant red color. But that's no, that's red.
Speaker 3: That's Frankinberry.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Yello, Booberry.
Speaker 3: We haven't gotten to yet.
Speaker 2: What is the difference between Franken.
Speaker 1: And Boo one strawberry One's blueberry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a blueberry series.
Speaker 1: Hello, what do you think? Booberry means you're idiot?
Speaker 2: Delicious? I thought ghost flavor.
Speaker 1: It's blue, it's blues cereal and it's cold.
Speaker 3: Down Booberry Andrew, Andrew.
Speaker 2: Can I have a new spoon? Rub Shooter put his whole hand in my cup.
Speaker 1: I have to tell you a friend of mine that listens to the podcast, he's like, you know, if you're really good, you know a lot about cereal. But that other guy, he doesn't know what he's talking about. He just sits there.
Speaker 2: Who is this friend? Are you sure it's not just you? No, it's to get some you know, personal attacks him by masking.
Speaker 1: It's not me. But okay, here we go, just going right in again, Rank and Berry.
Speaker 5: See this is good, but I still love the chocolate and better, I love this.
Speaker 1: It's so artificially flavored. Oh my god, what artificial strawberry flavored frosted cereal with marshmallows.
Speaker 2: Berry berry kicks used to taste like this?
Speaker 1: No it didn't, Yes it did. It's not quite this sweet.
Speaker 2: Hey, guess what I'm talking It tastes exactly like Berry, very cude.
Speaker 1: He changed it. Kicks are a kid tested and mother approved. This is not parent approved.
Speaker 3: Definitely not. This is not apparent approved. But I do let you have it on the Halloween time.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what what General Mills should make little package of these to give for Halloween. Why don't they do that?
Speaker 3: That's a great idea.
Speaker 1: Right, hello, General Mills selling cereal here?
Speaker 3: I would give those out. I don't think nobody would throw it at me.
Speaker 1: I go back down to the grave.
Speaker 2: No, it's the coffin.
Speaker 6: We agreed.
Speaker 2: Berry, the last one didn't.
Speaker 3: How many gives it?
Speaker 2: I give this my balls?
Speaker 1: Wow, you can't do that, Okay.
Speaker 3: I give it three and a half bowl?
Speaker 2: Yeah, three in a spoon for me too, crazy town you are this is ridiculous. Halloween down all right, So Booberry, I both hate and love that.
Speaker 1: Oh these are really dark. I'm telling these cereals have changed over the years, There's no doubt about it.
Speaker 5: How do you remember exactly what they were?
Speaker 1: Much lighter?
Speaker 2: He has a photographic memory only of cereals.
Speaker 1: Too many, Booberry, I don't think I'm gonna like this. One didn' actually look like count chocolate except for the blue Mark.
Speaker 3: I think that's what if I remember, is better than than the the Frankenberry.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, delicious, not my favorite milk. Here we go.
Speaker 2: This looks exactly like Count chocolate.
Speaker 3: Not a fan of this.
Speaker 1: Uh sorry boo eating it though I noticed two balls.
Speaker 3: I'm giving this a bowl.
Speaker 2: I give this two bowls in a spoon. I mean, even if they're worse, they're still better than a lot of the cereals we have on now.
Speaker 1: So there was our Halloween episode.
Speaker 3: Chocolate.
Speaker 2: Count Chocola is the best one chocolate chunk chocolate.
Speaker 1: Do you know what, Danielle, since you're here and you're all about Halloween, I have something for you.
Speaker 4: I serial Killers going back down to the cereal coffin.
Speaker 2: Coffin your butt crack is hanging out down.
Speaker 3: To the cereal grave. His chances in my face.
Speaker 2: I just want like everyone to know that spooky apple marshmallow that's going to be delicious.
Speaker 1: See we didn't include this in our other marshmallow epis so because I just was like too sweet. But they re released it for Halloween and now it's spooky.
Speaker 3: But apple jacks are my favorite.
Speaker 1: I love apple jacks They also have a spooky fruit loops and a spooky froster flags. I love spooky, but I didn't want to get those because we already did that. It's the same exact cereal. It's just the marshmallows Cereal and now they just call them spooky to sell some more.
Speaker 3: Did you find all these things?
Speaker 1: That's shop right. I love shop right, Scottie shake because there's marshmallows.
Speaker 2: When you seeing marshmallow, you had like a Southern accent. Yeah, this new apple Bear's got some marshmallow.
Speaker 5: Listen, dude, y'all come back now, yeah, hey.
Speaker 2: You these are some applebacks with some marshmallows.
Speaker 5: This good right here, lay Andrew got some marshmallows.
Speaker 1: You guys, don't make you fun of me.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's purple bat marshmallows. I like purple bats and white ghost marshmallows, and then some multicolors.
Speaker 5: Coming back from the Jersey shore this weekend, there were all these bats, like I guess some nests, you know how they weave downbe so many any batanests in the in the in the trees.
Speaker 3: It was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: That's cool, all right? So this uh, these apple jacks.
Speaker 2: Smells we get explicit now because of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what'd you say?
Speaker 2: Jackass?
Speaker 3: All apple jack?
Speaker 2: Excuse me?
Speaker 1: Jackass is fine? All right? So spooky apple jacks from Kellogg's. Here's yours. You're welcome, Here's yours. Oh there's a Frankenstein headed there too.
Speaker 2: Oh. These smell like just pure sugar.
Speaker 1: It's just very cinnamony. I don't think this needs marshmallows. But let's say, oh my god, marshmallows. Yeah, the Marko Kale give it's four bowls?
Speaker 3: No way, I give it four bowls. But to be honest, I love apple jacks just as apple jacks. I don't think that I don't like the marshmallows in them.
Speaker 2: I would agree with Danielle on this one. They don't really add much. I just felt kind of an add on.
Speaker 1: I just felt the blood sugar spike that's coming. I felt it.
Speaker 3: What happened joke on my spooky marshmallow?
Speaker 1: Don't you mean marshmallow?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the marsh millow.
Speaker 1: I mean so all right, that was our big Halloween episode.
Speaker 2: I've decided to bump this down. What this gets three balls?
Speaker 1: What did I say?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 1: Two balls?
Speaker 6: For me?
Speaker 1: I don't like it.
Speaker 3: Four balls without the marshmallows.
Speaker 1: Yeah hard. This is like I have to go back and listen to all your ratings and write it down. Can we just like do a uniform thing right now? Two balls for me Andrew, three bowls in a spoon Danielle.
Speaker 3: Four balls without marshmallow.
Speaker 1: I can't do it like that.
Speaker 2: I do it.
Speaker 3: I'm a guess.
Speaker 1: I can know this is the cereal.
Speaker 3: You have to rate it as Okay, I'm going to give it four balls, okay?
Speaker 1: Perfect?
Speaker 2: Cool, so angry he.
Speaker 3: Gets really like you get very angry.
Speaker 2: Body shirts shaky.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 1: I want to thank you all so much for listening to Serial Killers. This is our forty first episode.
Speaker 2: And there's that much cereal?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, there's plenty more. Please follow us on Twitter. Do you know where he hides the rest of them in his cargo bands? All right, I gotta go, I'm out. I love you, hold on, we have some important things to say. Follow us on Twitter, serial Killers PC. Follow us on Facebook, same thing, and please also follow us on Instagram serial Killers PC. We're all over the place. However, Andrew's so damn lazy. He's supposed to be the Facebook guy and he hasn't even touched Why is it PC? That's what I said, encourage him podcast because someone took serial killers. But no, podcast is just one word. It's just to be just serial killers.
Speaker 2: P no, no, and no. Because when I said this to you, I said Scottie correct, right, which we're not the politically correct serial podcast.
Speaker 1: Right anyway, listen, So here's what I want to do. Yeah, you bounce it off the walls. Wait what I want you to do? Hold on? I want you to follow us on Twitter. Okay, it's serial Killers PC and if you were listen what I'm gonna do if you're the five hundredth follower, because we're almost there. So if you are the five hundred follower, you'll get one of these check it out. Yes, and because you're a frequent guest, Danielle, you get to take one home. Yeah, thank you. It's a serial killer's T shirt.
Speaker 3: Did you have these made?
Speaker 1: No? I mean yes? How else do they get made? Very cool?
Speaker 3: Why don't you have your names on them?
Speaker 5: Andrew doesn't like to say Scottie and Andrew and sometimes Danielle.
Speaker 1: That's right. You're a very frequent guy, so enjoy enjoy your shirt. So the five hundred follower on Twitter. You will get one, and you know what, I'm gonna be a good guy. I'm also going to send on to our first follower on Twitter because I think that's pretty cool. You know who that was?
Speaker 2: You get one.
Speaker 1: No, Andrew has to pay for it. I went all the way back and looked at it. I forget what his name is. I should look it up.
Speaker 2: You're gonna look it up now. Recording great cool do stand by music?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're looking up there. And I got some new Twitter followers.
Speaker 2: I heard they like some marshmallers.
Speaker 1: So as of this current recording, we're at four hundred and fifty followers. Okay, so we should get up to five hundred by the time this thing airs.
Speaker 2: Wow, that'd be great. While Scotty is still looking, make sure you like and subscribe to the podcast wherever you're listening. If it's Google Podcasts, iHeart Apple, wherever you're listening, press the subscribe button because subscribers help the show grow, and who knows, maybe one day we'll have a sponsorship or an ad partnerships. This way, Scotty will get the cereals paid for.
Speaker 1: And some people have left really nice comments I like that.
Speaker 5: I don't think a serial sponsorship would be good because then people would think we were phony.
Speaker 3: But you're not phony.
Speaker 1: No, we crap on all brands.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, not all brand.
Speaker 1: Well we did. We did crap on all brand number.
Speaker 3: But all brand would make you not going.
Speaker 1: Well, this is true. So Derek, Derek, Derek in Arkansas. He was our first follower, very first. So we love Derek and we're gonna send him a shirt.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, so thank you so much for listening. Yes, I'm always nice, Andrew.
Speaker 2: That's debatable.
Speaker 3: I crashed your podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you crash everything cars podcast whatever?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, jack ass.
Speaker 1: So thanks for listening. You know, it's Serial Killers, the podcast where we talk about cereal think inside the box and it's not.
Speaker 2: Going to catch on.
Speaker 1: We need to ditch that line until next time. Danielle, you know what to do. Crush you're big a hole. Yes,