Speaker 1: Hey, George, La Cans with Rand we are back were back at it.
Speaker 2: We are back at it. Lots to talk about today. Very exciting first time.
Speaker 1: A little bit lighter than last week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. No, last week was great and we loved Nick Ritchie.
Speaker 1: No, last week was epic.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say something right now to everybody listening podcast Tour, Podcast Tour, Podcast Tour, come on the train and all of them.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's going to be this echoey.
Speaker 2: No, I think that you're overthinking things. We're talking about podcast or Okay, don't break up my thoughts.
Speaker 1: As the podcast tour.
Speaker 2: Austin, Houston, Dallas, Miami for Lauderdale with the clear Water, Atlanta and New Orleans. Wherever we are, please come, please come see give them. Lala with n I want to tell everybody some exciting things. We haven't even announce this to anybody, but we actually have a game that we're playing on our podcast tour called the Dating Game, How well do you know your mate? Now, there's going to be two couples, a celebrity couple and an audience couple that we pick out of the audience, and then they're gonna they're gonna ask us questions about you and me, and we have to see if we know each other as well as we think we do to win a prize correct, And we're going to ask them questions of an audience. A couple that we don't know at all, we're going to see if they know each other well enough or they're full of shit and they can win a prize. And then we want to let people know that on a few of our dates are different cities, we're gonna have different celebrity couples. The first couple we do want to announce that's going to be in this particular segment is our friend Hannah from The Bachelor.
Speaker 1: Yes, Hannah Godwin and her Man.
Speaker 2: Hannah Godwin and her Man are going to be on that segment at a bunch of cities, and every week we're gonna announce more celebrity action pack games our tour. I just want to make it clear before we go in on our podcast. Hold on, I'm going to just keep speaking. I swear all shut up because I can see you want to just just kick my ass.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you the number one thing, by the way, we have my assistant. That's right, I have an assistant. Randall is on one hundred today. I have an assistant. That is correct because Randall got sick of me hijacking his assistant to do things for me. So we have Jessica.
Speaker 2: Hi, jess Jessica, Jessica's first time on the show. I gotta say something that people don't know Jessica, but Jessica could be one of the happiest assistants. Like Jessica is the Disneyland of assistance.
Speaker 1: Yes, Like if you're going to know Randall calls her bubbles.
Speaker 2: I say that she's got the bubbly, happiest personality. And that is the biggest compliment because I have never seen an assistant ever come around anybody I am.
Speaker 1: That's because she works for me, not you, Laala.
Speaker 2: With all due respect, you can go the other way very quickly, but I just want.
Speaker 1: That was actually one of my first interview questions for her is do you know how to shake things off?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Your first interview question was if I knew what give them Laala was, and I was like, yes, of.
Speaker 2: Course she'd get a research issues.
Speaker 3: No, it's not.
Speaker 1: It's because I knew.
Speaker 3: I did my research, but I knew what give them all? I followed, you.
Speaker 2: Can I can I just say one thing because because we just skipped right over the podcast, just I mean, that's where sorry, And I want to get back to Jessica because I have questions for Jessica. I just want to say something back to the tour. I want people.
Speaker 1: To know, well, I was bringing it back to the tour.
Speaker 2: I want people to know very importantly that we've been putting the show formatt together.
Speaker 1: I was I was saying I was going to weigh in on the tour, rand and then you sidetracked me, and then I was going to tell Jessica that number the number one thing on people that were like, this is what I may change about the podcast. Randall doesn't let Lalla talk, So let me weigh in for a sec. My most exciting thing that we're going to do on the tour is I'm going to go and sit in the audience and let whoever I'm sitting next to ask me anything in the entire world.
Speaker 2: On that segment called ask Laala Anything. Yes, I want people to know anything anything, No one, I want people to know something. That's what it's just trying to get out a broad statement here. We've been working on the format of the show. You and I and I've wanted the show to be what you want it to be because it's your fans. You know, I've got a point one percent there, and I want people to know that you and I have really made it what you want it to be, which is a very interactive show with the audience, even though we're putting on an entertaining, you know, event for the night for everybody. We want people to feel like we're in their living room, right And you went out of your way to say to me as we design all the different fun segments that you want to be interactive throughout the entire night with the audience. And I just want people to know that when you come to the Give Them Laala with Rand tour, you're going to spend a lot of time with Laala in your face, in the audience, on your lap, talking shit, making you do shots. It's going to be off the charts.
Speaker 1: Do you think that'll be a detour for people? They're like, we like Lalla, but we don't know that we want to interface that much. I think people will dig it.
Speaker 2: I think people that are coming to see Laala want to be up in Lalla's business. Okay, yeah, and I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna let you go.
Speaker 1: I feel like I don't want to hold anything back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Lala's less.
Speaker 3: Than I love that, and I'm the most excited, I think, for people to realize just how funny you are. You guys, Lalla is one of the funniest people I know. And that's for me saying that it's it's wild.
Speaker 1: So I don't think very many people are funny.
Speaker 3: Just no, I do not think very I think Lala comes in a number one, Randall comes in at number two, and then, like other comedians.
Speaker 2: Hold on, hold on goes listen to that. Oh that's Jessica kissing her boss's ask did everybody know that I did? I did? I did?
Speaker 1: I don't feel that way. I feel like there's been so many times where I'm like, hey, have you seen my Instagram page? Like it looks pretty good, and she's like, no, really, you need to step your game up.
Speaker 2: I think jess I think jess that was a big kisss move. But there's nothing wrong with that because when I was an assistant, when I was in a system, I did that shit too, So it's no problem. But I will say that Jessica.
Speaker 1: Is I think I'm funny.
Speaker 2: Hold On, first of all, I definitely think you're funny. If I didn't think you were funny, I wouldn't have been hanging out with you this long. You're pretty funny, Okay, I don't think people. I think Jessica's point is valid. I think that people don't realize because you come across so hard and so you know, tough, and you know, you're very in people's faces, and you have a very smart tongue and all that. But I think that Jessica's right. People don't see that other side of you, and I hope. Well, I mean, I know for sure, the way we're doing this tour and all these fun segments and episodes and different things we're doing, people are going to definitely see. I agree with Jessica, they are going to see that funny side of you.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie. I really needed the boost of like egoists today.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I woke up and I was like, my ego is a little deflated. I don't know why I need someone to repuff it up. So I appreciate you both.
Speaker 3: It's the truth.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I find Jessica every day and you just wake up and you.
Speaker 1: Just say you do you have multiple.
Speaker 2: Sean Sean am I funny, oh top five in the office, because there's only five of us here.
Speaker 1: Sean doesn't even know his name half the time.
Speaker 2: I want to say that Sean Stone, by the way, which is very exciting, and go to his Instagram, very exciting. My assistant Sean Stone made his debut on vander Rupp Rules this season, so let's give Sean out of the class Sean anyway. So I'm just the only reason I want to start podcast before we get into the good fun stuff, is that I do want people to our tour that they don't realize how I don't think people realize I didn't realize them. You committed to the tour, how much work we've had to do, rehearsal and ideas and segments, and just really really make it because you've said to me, I'm not doing this tour unless it's exactly what my fans you can really sore, right.
Speaker 1: I also respect the fact that people are going to like pay money to come and see something. So it's like me just showing up. It's like you're not fucking Beyonce. You can't just show up like you better bring something cool, right.
Speaker 2: Right, But that's what I think. I want people to know that you have been every night with me. You'll give me notes and you'll give me the paper and we'll go through the segments and you're like, it's not funny or I don't think I think fans will be bored with this. Let's throw it out and you keep reinventing the show and we keep pushing because you're saying to me, I'm not signing off on the night until I feel that the fans can soak it up and really get at something and have fun and laugh and have a fun night and make it interactive. You're not the way the show lineup is right now. People don't realize. Fans don't realize when they come, if they buy a ticket, you're in the audience, I would say twenty thirty minutes. I mean, I mean you're in there a lot. I mean you really put yourself in there a lot. And we're going to have over ten or twelve fans on stage throughout the night, So this is really going to be a really fun, interactive Let it go, Let it go and just have a blast. So I'm excited. I'm excited to see how it goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm super excited too. So again, you guys, Randall and I are going on tour. It is called Give Them La La with Randall Live. It starts November thirtieth. We start in Dallas, Texas, then we hit Austin, Houston, then we head to New Orleans. That's going to be so fun. All of these are going to be fun. Then December fifth, we're in Fort Lauderdale, then Clearwater, then Orlando, and then our last stop is Hot Lanta. I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: And we've sold out a couple of the VIP me and greets. I think they're opening up a few more spots.
Speaker 1: They are because actually I didn't realize how like in demand the VIPs would be. Those sold out.
Speaker 2: So fast, yeah, where those were like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we add some more.
Speaker 2: And I also want people to know and part of our show. And that's why it's so interactive. That's why you went out of your way to make sure that as we do the lineup, you said, you know, I want it to be so interactive. I want people to know even if you don't get a meet and great, you will be meeting Laala. Whether you like it or not, she will be in your face in that audience. So we have a whole section called insta Selfie Time. So that's where Lala is just going to bust through the audience and selfie herself. So there you go.
Speaker 1: It's all about selfie myself with them by yourself. Yeah right, So if you want to come play with us again, gets on Laala with Rand. All you have to do is go to give them Live dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, So big news in the vander Pump Rules world, as you know, Jessica, Hold.
Speaker 1: Up, are we just going to jump right into vander Rules world when you literally just had a movie come out called Midnight in the Switchgrass. Don't know if anyone's heard of it.
Speaker 2: That's what us great great, great night. You know what. We had the premiere last week. It was really special. You know what I feel like, it's talking about me is just odd because I talk so much and I want your fans to hear you. But they like you.
Speaker 1: That's why it's called give them La La with Rand.
Speaker 2: And that's just it's called that's bullshit. It's called give them the La with Rand because.
Speaker 1: I'm just here No, that's what makes the name funny because it's like give them laala with Randall, but really it's like it's the two of us that a compliment. No, it's so I'm telling you how it's said because it's supposed to be funny. But the podcast is about you and me, babe.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I did have a premiere. It was fantastic, very proud. Everybody came out, and I will just say it was a really neat experience because I've I've had a lot of premieres in my career as a producer, never one as a director. And the one thing I take away from the premiere that will never happen again is I will never sit in the movie theater of a movie I direct. That was intense, depressing and overwhelming, and only just because it's like I really put my soul into that film, and as a director, that's what you do much different than a producer. I'm not saying that.
Speaker 1: You were actually really funny like at the premiere because we're sitting there yea, and literally it would have been like five minutes the film was five minutes in and Randa was like, it's not very good. Do you think it's good. It sucks right, it does it. I'm like it, Like the credits are still popping about what the fuck are you talking about? You know, it's right. And I was like very impressed with everyone's performances. And I think that everyone committed to their character. Like Emil is obviously insanely talented, Caitlin Carmichael was committed to her role. I mean, Lucas Hawes, you can't go wrong. Megan Fox, who you know, she's just badass. I mean MGK brought his own grill to like put in for him his character, like he was in charge of like his hairdo, like he committed to the role.
Speaker 2: Listen, everybody on the movie. Everybody in the movie is an incredible actor. I'm very grateful as a first time director, I had a great cast. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I wouldn't change anything. And I'm just proud of what everybody did on the film. And now I'm editing my second movie I directed with Robert de Niro and John Moultviitch and Jack Houston Fitzgerald, and I learned a lot from the first one, and I'm even more excited now to continue the journey. So thank you for being there and thank you for supporting me.
Speaker 1: We are very proud of you, baby, oh for real.
Speaker 2: And by the way, we were number two on rent all time rentals on iTunes and number two and all time sales I mean not sales for iTunes this weekend. So that is like for an independent, lower budgeted film, that's a big deal to break in the top.
Speaker 1: Are you allowed to tell us what the budget was to make that film?
Speaker 2: It was a low budget. He's a lower budget. I don't think the studio wants me to say.
Speaker 1: Exactly, but it's considered a low budget film.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And in the iTunes with iTunes, I mean you were going up against real like studio films, a massive budget.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we got numbers, were ranked right now as we speak, number two, I think in three, and we're up against movies that had thirty seven hundred screen wide releases.
Speaker 1: So, like you want to know, what's also amazing is that my movie also came about.
Speaker 2: Your movie was in the top five out of Duck with.
Speaker 1: Bruce Willis and Jamie King, And it was amazing because Randall's movie we were like neck and neck and then he like obviously passed be right.
Speaker 2: But you guys were there and then we were behind you. Then we passed. But I mean we were side by side for like, you know, part of a part of the day. And the great thing about that is the director of that movie is my childhood best friend who we started making videos together we were like twelve years old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Ra's best friend, Mike Burns, directed Out of Death. It was his first film. Thank god I was working with him because you know, and it was his first but we know each other like that. And I won't even lie. It was five months pregnant and I was an emotional fucking diva.
Speaker 2: Hormones.
Speaker 1: The hormones were like massive, and normally like I show up on set and they're like, roll in the mud, and I'm like, let's fucking do it. Put me in the mud, like do whatever. Five months pregnant, I was like, fuck you, I'm not rolling in the mud. But then I'd do it anyway. But of course I'm just like I couldn't control my emotions.
Speaker 2: You would call me and you'd be like balling one second, you know, upset, and I'm having.
Speaker 1: The best day ever. And what's crazy is literally the second we wrapped, I'm not even kidding you, Jess, Like a week later, I got huge, like I can't believe, like my stomach. You couldn't really tell I was pregnant. And then the second we wrapped it was like, oh, hello, Ocean is like deciding to like say, what's up. No, you couldn't tell it all.
Speaker 3: And I so wait, your directorial debut and your childhood best friend it came out at the same time.
Speaker 2: He has came out a week before him and Lawa's movie came out a week before mine came out this weekend. But they weren't in the top five at the time that we started.
Speaker 1: Both your directorial debuts.
Speaker 2: That's so amazing the chances of that area. It's like insane. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: And I saw them both, and I obviously loved Midnight in the Switchgrass.
Speaker 1: And Out of Death.
Speaker 3: I watched that yesterday with my boyfriend Kyle, and and I was actually my mouth dropped open at Laala's acting. And I'm not kidding it was in and I know I'm kissing her ass again, I guess hold on.
Speaker 2: Hold on, guys, wait one second, one second, so let me hear of this. Hold on, did everybody hear that again?
Speaker 3: No, it was amazing.
Speaker 1: It was amazing.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say something. I just you just left that moment for me to say, but I'm gonna say something, and I really mean this, and you know I've said it to you many times. People do not realize unless they've seen Laala where she is a really really good actor and people and if you watch her and access Sally with metto Williams and al Pacino and U swean teel, if you watch this movie and access Sally, she has a scene opposite al Pacino. And I remember I was in town that day because I was producing, I was visiting, and she goes up against him and has this moment with the judge where she like basically talks shit and puts him in his place. And he turned to her on the set and was like, you're a really good actor, and I was like, oh shit, just and by the way, we all watched the smallment because you don't know how somebody when they go up against al Pacino, it's going to be And she really is a very good actor. And I can talk a lot of shit and have fun with her, but as an actor, you're you're the real deal. And I'm really excited to see what you do in the future.
Speaker 1: Thank you for saying that iss gone away. I don't know what I feel great now.
Speaker 2: We had to keep it light this week's podcast anyway. So having said that, thank you. It was a great night. It was very special and it was a big moment. My mother was in town, Your mother was in town. It was it was great and we had a great night and celebrated. And that was right as everything was shutting down kind of like, well, we were having a mask up again here in Los Angeles. So I'm glad we were able to pull that off. We're going to take a break real quick and we come back. Hopefully you'll spill some tea with us about Fanner pump rules.
Speaker 1: We call it vander Talk.
Speaker 2: And that's a segment on our tour.
Speaker 1: We're back.
Speaker 2: So I wanted to tell everybody that you right after having Ocean, like you, I want to set the stage for Lalla's life. Lala had been home pregnant right after that movie, pregnant, waiting to have Ocean. You had Ocean, and then you were like nestled up.
Speaker 1: The Randall and I conceived Ocean during him directing midnight in the switchgrass.
Speaker 2: That is correct in Puerto Rico. In Puerto Rico, so so everything was great. Lala was chilling. She was just you know, nesting, getting ready to have her baby, and you know, Vander Pumperoles hadn't been picked up yet to come back, and she was like living her best life. And then she has the baby. Same like within weeks before having the baby, they said, by the way, Laala, you're coming back in vander Pumperles and you're coming back like literally four weeks.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: It was crazy how that happened because I had like had a year off. Basically, we decide to have a baby, and then all of a sudden, like I get all these phone calls and it's like the show's been picked up, we need to pick up cameras next week. I was like, I'm having Ocean next week. They were like, we got to catch you before you give birth, so it makes sense, got to see you with the belly. Then I get another phone call it's like, by the way, we are the book is coming out. Oh, by the way, we're relaunching give them Law Beauty. Also the baby line. Also we're doing skin And I literally was like.
Speaker 2: Melt down, What the fuck?
Speaker 1: I haven't had to be a person in over a year, and especially.
Speaker 2: Coming out of the pandemic, people you know, obviously got used to having to be inside and life slow down and be in the moment. And I just want to say, like, what for me was crazy? For you? You know, your first time mother and you had to figure it out not only raising your child but balancing work, which you struggle with a lot. You got very upset many times emotionally, you know, which I understood, because you would have to leave ocean for four hours film come you know, in the ocean would be off to the side, and you always wanted to be at home with her, and so that that was three four you know, long time of filming whatever, for four months of filming. Now that it's finished, now that she's four months, four and a half months, whatever. Now that it's over, the season's over, and you've had a week or two to kind of reflect, I'm curious to know, like, how do you feel about this season? You know, obviously they're not going to let you say anything in detail, but how do you, like, did you feel it was different the same, especially having two years off with the pandemic. Just how was it to go back to work and what and what was different or what was new and exciting or not.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously the hardest part was to go back without a lot of my friends.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the most intense part. And from that standpoint of like, my friends won't be there anymore, then there was the other viewpoint of like, when we're filming this show, like what is it going to look like?
Speaker 2: And and you had to you have Ocean with you. I mean, you're breastfeeding all day.
Speaker 1: So that was hard for me. Randon. Here's why most people so in the state of California, whether you're filming a reality TV show, a movie, or a sitcom, whatever it may be, all of the laws still come into play. So even though we're filming a reality show and Ocean is my real life baby, she can only be on camera for twenty minutes and there has to be a teacher and a nurse on quote unquote set, meaning at my home or wherever I go.
Speaker 2: Child like a child safe.
Speaker 1: Correct, Like they treat them like their actors, just you know, and I believe that's only in California. So you know, I have to go and film and you know, make this show with my cast members and my friends. And if they don't have a teacher on set or a nurse, Ocean can't come with me. So leaving her behind so much was brutal. It was heart wrenching, and like there were many days where I'd come home and I would feel like, I'll be honest, I felt like a really shitty mom. I'd be like, what am I doing? Like I need to be with my baby all the time, and even though she may not remember, like, I'm going to remember, right, And I was worried that I would miss out on all of these firsts. And luckily, the other day she rolled for the first time, and I was talking to the person her name's Liz, who watches Oh when I have to go and work, and she was like, she rolled. I've been working with her on that, but she never did it. And I was like, oh, Ocean listened to me when I told her, like, don't do anything while I'm gone, Please do it all just for me. But that was like the hardest part is leaving her behind. But I'm praying to God that when she gets older, she'll she'll look at me and think like my mom went out and worked and she like busted her ass, and hopefully I give your a work ethic.
Speaker 2: I always say that to you. I mean, because you have tears Jannes now, and you had many days, you know, when we were you know, when you would go away for two or three hours to film or whatever, you know, wherever amount of time. You were lucky you had the baby with you, she had her with you or within feet of you for most of it. Yes, but I know there were days that you were really stressed or just couldn't it just the environment didn't provide. But I will say, and I feel, at least my opinion is that she will look back and she'll get to see her mom as an independent woman who's making a living and a career woman, you know, And I think that that's something as a role model for our daughter. So I think that it was hard for you and clearly hard for anybody, any mother. But at the same time, I think that you know, it's not like you. You know, there are there are women that have to go off to war, and there are women that have to go off to jobs for three months at a time, right you know where they you know. So I'm saying, like I think you're it was hard for you, and it makes sense. But I also think you're going to be grateful that she's going to grow up and look at her mom and be like, my mom's a badass and is a career woman and makes a really good living working her ass off, and I think that's a role model, you know, thing that she's going to look up to.
Speaker 1: I just have a different outlook on mothers who are like doing the damn thing, whether you like, are a stay at home mom, no matter what it is, is that you're out doing Like I look at moms very differently now because I am one, and I know that it's a struggle and mom shaming is real, and people like to like say what like they like to have the narrative. It's like, oh, you're going out and doing this, you must not care, or oh you're a stay at home mom. Your child's you know, there are those women out here who just fucking sling judgments.
Speaker 2: I agree, but you know what, at the end of the day, like you're building a really really healthy nest egg. And you know, the thing that people don't realize with you is that, yes, I pay all the.
Speaker 1: Bills, but if he didn't, I know they would still get paid by me.
Speaker 2: No, but I no, but it's not even that I'm joking. But what I'm saying is like, you know, people don't realize, like when you want a new crib, like you don't call me on I've never I've never got a phone call where you go, hey, I want a new crib bran, you just order this shit.
Speaker 1: You know You's so funny, realize people don't realize. And I don't know any couple that like moves in and like they have a husband or I don't personally know where. I feel like people are like, oh, well rand pays for everything. It's like, yeah, he provides us with the home and like he put pays the light bill or you know this that and the other cars, all the cars. But let's just say I told someone like we split all of that, they'd be like, why doesn't randall take care of that? I don't understand. Yeah, I don't get it. Like there's there's it's it's a lose lose.
Speaker 2: Right, you can't win, no matter why. But no, but here, but here's what I say. Of course I provide, you know. I mean that's I feel like it's I'm in a position and I and I and I provide for a family. But like, for instance, if you go, people don't realize if you want a purse, and a purse is a luxury add on item, right, it's it's something that you you just order it. Like you don't call me ever, you don't say, Ran, I really want to purse over at this story. You just order stuff, you mean. And by the way, with the baby, I see boxes and boxes coming every week of clothes for our child. And I tried the other.
Speaker 1: Day, we get the clothes, let's talk about the diapers. Now that's the real thing. I'm like another.
Speaker 2: Box but here, But here's here's the funny thing. We were at the store the other day in the mall and I was trying to I said, I want to buy Ocean some new clothes, and you're like, Ran, we have more than enough clothes than we're ever going to I'm like, who bought the clothes? She's like I did, and I'm like, see, So there are tons of things that people don't realize, Like Lolly, when you want to buy something, you just buy you don't you know it, that's not even a thing, and you pay for it and it's from the money that you make. So I just I want to always take my hat off because I don't think people do that enough for you, because you know, it's like, yeah, I do what I do, but at the same time, you make a very successful living and you contribute a lot.
Speaker 1: I kind of shot myself in the foot when we first met because I was like, yeah, TJ's re pg it, you know, like it was like, I just I did all of these things because people were calling me that. So I was like, well, I'm just going to feed into this shit, so that I kind of made it very easy. But now people and I don't want to discredit to people because I think more people than not sit here and definitely show me a lot of love and respect. But for those who don't, it's just like it's much easier to be like, oh, Laila has all this because she's a gold digger, rather than like, oh, the bitch worked hard. You know, it's much easier to It makes you feel better when you're like, she has that because someone else gave it to it, right.
Speaker 2: But what I think people don't realize is you make a very good living. I work very hard too, and at the end of the day, you know, I think people don't sometimes just don't want to give you the credit. And the thing is, you work from the morning from the minute you wake up in the morning to the minute you go to sleep. You're always on the phone. You're always you know, promoting and doing your different stuff and building new brands and and and you could have you could go the other way. You could have just you know, sat down and been like, you know what, I take my hat off, but I'm done. I'm going to sit and be a mom.
Speaker 1: Well, that pandemic really made me think, do I want to keep truying to make sure happen becaues this cushy lifestyle. I kind of like it, But I think I knew because it wasn't forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you were you were really I think you would have been okay for another few months at the house.
Speaker 1: I'm okay, okay, I won't even lie. Like I loved going to Your Help Me movie premiere, the movie premiere, Thank You. I loved going to it, But when I got home, I was like, you know, I actually thoroughly enjoy not doing anything. You know, there are times where I'll sit there and be like, you need to go out and like experience things, and then I go out and experience things, and I'm like, I'd rather experience the inside of my eyelids, to be honest, you know, yeah, I think sounds fun.
Speaker 2: I think that's I think you know, you're a homebody and there's nothing wrong with that. I think that you enjoy being at home relaxing watching TV. But you know, but the other thing that people don't realize is when you're somebody like you who always has to go and make appearances and do things and go to events and always kind of be around people a lot, then I think you go the other way, you know. So it's like you'll do the things you do because you love being around your fans or being an events that you that you're promoting your businesses and stuff. You enjoy that. But I think then you get a little burnt out where you need to like retreat and have quiet.
Speaker 1: Right, So back back to my most favorite part of filming this season honestly everything, Like, oh really, yeah, I was digging it all. I think I had a new respect for the show, right because we went through so much, yes, and so.
Speaker 2: You had appreciation much more than you ever because you know, for two years you guys.
Speaker 1: Were all When I got the phone call that it was like, we've been picked up and we're starting on May fourth. I was like, I feel so blessed right now. I feel so lucky, Like how did this happen?
Speaker 2: And you guys are in season nine week People don't realize, Like I always tell people, I'm like, to have nine seasons of reality show is unheard of. It's it's really means that your group of friends, the vander Pump Rules group, that you guys are really special in the sense that like people are really entertained by you guys, and you guys, you know, have a lot of fun together. And I don't think people realize, at least from now. I've been on the front lines a little bit more. Obviously this season I filmed probably more than.
Speaker 1: It's funny because Randall says that when he is filming with us, he'll forget and look around at everything that's happening and he's like, holy shit, I forgot. I felt like I was watching the show because the.
Speaker 2: Ship that goes on, I'm like, I'm not used to any of this, and I'm sitting there and I sometimes just check out and I'm like watching all the shit.
Speaker 1: Happen like crazy that people think it's not real. And that's the thing is it is really real. It's just we're that fucked up and resilient, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No from an outsider looking in.
Speaker 2: On the show too, Jessica Jessica's on the show.
Speaker 3: Even just being in the presence, I would forget the cameras were there, just because it was like, it's truly just you guys are living life, and the cameras kind of pop in and you're just doing your thing. And that's how I was shocked. I'm like, oh no, this is like, there's not a scripted bone in this.
Speaker 2: And no, no, it's And that's the one thing that took me, I think, because this is my second time appearing and it's hard for me to say that, but but but but I do get caught up the same way you do, because it's like when you're not used to it, like they're in it. They're in it, they're all in in the moments, it's just their regular life. But you know, you're sitting there and sometimes you're you know, you're in it, but then sometimes you're just sitting there watching what's going on, and you're like, oh my god, like they're really this is their real life, like there is no bullshit, and I'm excited because it's it's it's a really unique group of people and I think you guys are very blessed to you know, be able to do what you do for for nine years. And I'm excited. So on that note, I think we need to quick break and come right back.
Speaker 1: That was a quick break. We're back, We're back. So Randall and I thought it would be fun for this last segment of this episode to have it like a little bit of a storytell. Randall and I were driving yesterday with his two kids, Lendon and Riley, and our baby together Ocean, and we just like started on this like tangent of like all of these things that have happened in our lives that are like just stories where it's like like, oh yeah, that's like kind of a big deal, no wonder, you're so fucked up, So.
Speaker 2: Well, let me tell you a story, because you told your story yesterday like it was nothing, and I was jaw dropped, jaw dropped, and Lala does not jow Let me just set the record for people that are fans of Lawn, I nothing shocks me anymore because she's taken all the shock wave out of my body, like it took about five years. And now whatever Lala says, I don't get that. I'm gonna let Lata tell this story because I won't tell it as good. But Lala told me a story Gary, yes, straight, like it was nothing like we were just when I was a kid. I went for ice cream and this happened, and she just told it so nonchalant, and I had to almost pull the car over. I was in shock. And she's like, I guess it is kind of crazy, this story. So why don't you just share with your fans the non chalot story you tell me?
Speaker 1: I wait to hear this, okay, and my son's gonna kill me, Shena kill me.
Speaker 2: Oh yes.
Speaker 1: So the thing about Lisa that's my mom is she's fucking fabulous, all right. She's little clueless, little clueless, but that's okay. So now that I have a baby, like everything triggers me. I'm like, if that, if I do that, that could happen to her, that could happen to her, And the chances of those things happening very very low, but they could happen, so I'm telling Randall, Easton must have been I think he was like eleven, maybe twelve. He was young, okay, young kid. And we were going to a family dinner downtown Salt Lake, and we play at a restaurant, yes, PF Changs, PF Changs. And the thing about PF Chang's is the valet has to drive like a few blocks to a tower to park the car. Right, okay, so my mom's driving. We all get out. Lisa deals with the valet. We're inside, we're seated. Whatever she walks in, hold on, but.
Speaker 2: Just take it by a scent. So you told up the valet, Yeah, to get out of the family.
Speaker 1: The family, the whole family, and you get out.
Speaker 2: Of the car and all of you walk out the car to the restaurant, get into the restaurant.
Speaker 1: Deals with valet, comes into the restaurants, into the restaurant and she like, sis.
Speaker 2: Down, are you seated? Are you at the top?
Speaker 1: I seated, honey, We got appetizers, drink and she sits down to partake in the yumminess and then decides to go where's Easton? We were like, well, Easton was asleep in the back of the car with you.
Speaker 2: I want you to take a moment, everybody who's listening to this and hear what is being said. You're there in the restaurant. They've walked from the valet. They are order appetizers and have cocktails, and they are missing a child.
Speaker 1: My mother fucking valeted the car.
Speaker 2: She vallets your brother with Easton in.
Speaker 1: The very bad seat, dead asleep. Okay, he's parked like probably.
Speaker 4: A mile or two away, you know, if you break down the valet tower and stretch it a few miles away.
Speaker 1: Okay. She runs out and she's like, I valeied my kid brother, right, So they put her in the back of a car. They drive her up to the fucking Valley Towner. There's Easton, dead asleep, still in the parking tower, in the fucking car.
Speaker 2: Oh honestly, I was dying yesterday. I could not believe this is a real story. And Lala told it like it was just well.
Speaker 1: I figure eleven or twelve kids nowadays are like at the mall Torking at that age, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen, I can't comment.
Speaker 1: Back then, though, eleven or twelve was like young, like we were skipping to school, still didn't have a cell phone, like riding bikes. I love your mom so much.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, she's so hilarious.
Speaker 1: She's like I had her. She's like she's the best mom in the world, Like she's my best friend in Easton's. But these stories, I'm like, this is questionable. I don't know about the question. She also and she actually got d MS when I posted this on Tupac's birthday. So to the Tupac CD was the first CD that my mom ever bought for me because I wanted it. It's said explicit content on there. I don't think she knew what that meant, or she just didn't. I worked on a road trip and we stop at McDonald's and I had been listening to this Tupac CD and my Blue Walkman the entire way and I'm We're in the line and I'm like looking at my mom. Keep in mind, I'm like seven, okay, okay, Yeah. I say to her, the CD you bought me says a lot of bad words, and I just remember her looking down and being like, just ignore the bad words. What do you want to eat? I was like, there's kind of a lot of them that's gonna be hard to ignore.
Speaker 3: I love her, though, that's she's she's an icon.
Speaker 1: She has an icon. That's she got all these dms that were like, you're such a shitty mom, and she she calls me, She's like, all these people are talking to me that I'm a bad mom. I wonder why. I was like, it has to do post I did, Lisa.
Speaker 2: I just want everydy to know. She's like, she is your best friend and she's Randall.
Speaker 1: Is that necessary a.
Speaker 2: Pop I'm meaning a popsicleon so hold up? Okay, So your mom is amazing, she's a great mother. She's with you all the time. I don't know if she's gonna think this was the best story to tell, but I know what's great.
Speaker 1: It's I tell you what's great. Though my mom has not read my book, doesn't listen to my podcast, and has never seen an episode of Vanner Pumper Roles. Still, to this day, do you remember the last movie I did Randall with you and Jesse Metcalf? The other day, she's in town, right and I'm talking about it, and she goes, oh, I still need to watch that. Like I filmed that a year ago, maybe more like two years ago. You still haven't seen it? What are you talking about I had like three come outside of that.
Speaker 2: I'm definitely telling your mother you told this story because it's just good.
Speaker 3: She's incredible.
Speaker 2: She didn't, you know. Yesterday was a really fun day because my oldest child, yes, all of a sudden, woke up and told me she's like a surfer and I was like, please London, Like what do you mean? And then she shows me videos of her like shredding waves and I was like, this is not real, like because my seven year old is like more the active and my eleven year old's more of the artist singer, you know, you know actor. They're just very you know, very different kids but similar. So anyway, I say to Laa, I'm hire the surf coach. I'm going to take her out to the to the beach and I want to check this out. And I was like, let's go. We're making a whole group effort, We're going out there. So we drive like an hour. It's a it's a trek to this speech where it's like beginning a sort of surf spot, and then my eleven year old turns to me when we get to the beach and she's like, Dad, you're gonna go with me? And I was like, yo, yeah, yeah, I'm fifty. You look hot, Okay, but I'm fifty and fifty. I mean, but I float more than I surf. You know what I'm saying. I like, these dudes out there are shredded. Okay. I'm like, I'm the booie. You know what I'm saying, Like, like, you come over to me. If you're drowned, you gotta look hool in front of your kids. So of course I'm an She knows I can water skin. I'm big in the water stuff and behind boats. But surfing means you have to propel yourself up on a board, being I have to break my weight above the water. Very not easy. So I'm not happy about any of this. But of course I look at her. And by the way, I'm grow up Florida, where the water is eighty three degrees. Here it's like sixty yeah cold, yeah, Pacific Ocean sharks. I'm just especially Booye's it's like a lot of meats, you know, all right, I got the point off. So you're out there, and le I was like, yeah, go get him, and so I put the wet suit on and the guy gives us a little class on the board, and you know, he's like you and my favorite part is like you're laying on the board on the sand, and he goes and then I'm going to count the three. You're just gonna pop up. So I would like a guy that pops. I mean, I can roll up like a roll up, but I'm gonna pop up. What the fuck are you talking about? I can barely get out of bed pop up, so anyway, So yeah, he tells me, don't worry you. He get on your knees first and then rise. I'm like, okay, that sounds more of my speed. So we get our boards. They're like ten feet tall, like these long parts. Okay, my arm's already hurting carrying the ship from the sand to the ocean, I'm already pissed. And Lala is over there having a beach day and frigging. Riley's like Edges, living her best life and whatever. So we get out to the water and I'm just there to support, you know, London. And we get out there and the first wave London gets, she pops up and she serfs it all the way to the beach. I'm like, oh my god, that was so cool. And then she serves like six or seven after that, and I think that I'm ever gonna I'm just laying on the board like sun tanning. And then you know, and then you know, good looking you know, young kid whatever his name was, good looking young kids like, all right, you're time turning pops you know whatever he pops, But that's what he meant. He's like, he's like, all right, boy, let's get up on the board. So I was like, all right, Booey's turn. And I'm pissed because now I like, my kid knows I can water ski like a rockstigger. That did it. It's not a kid, but like, you want to look cool in front of your kid. So I'm just like, this is not where I want to be right now in this moment. So so I'm laying on the board. He's like, don't worry. I'm going to push you into the wave. I'm going to push you right into the wave. And I was like, great, and I see this wave coming and it looks big. It's way bigger than what I anticipated. I actually told him, can you give me a little baby wave? And that is a good one for you, meaning I needed the bigger wave because of my weight. That's right, meant to say. He didn't want to say it to me. And I looked at him and I could tell in his eyes like he was like, he's like, he's like, he's like, you're a little bigger. You can't get the little baby wave because you're not go A wave comes and believe it or not, I got up on my knees and I was shredding on my knees. Now, the people that get up on surfboards in this area, they were getting up the minute the wave came. I took a little longer. Mine was. I was like in a meeting on my knees for a few minutes that but but then I took the gamble and I stood up and Lala, how did I look? I caught waves yesterday?
Speaker 1: I missed it?
Speaker 2: What I missed? All of them? You lie?
Speaker 3: You lie? When he asked, he said, you looked amazing.
Speaker 1: Oh, we do.
Speaker 2: And by the way, did you see me catch the waves? I did? Were you impressed?
Speaker 1: You looked amazing.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to say something. This is the moral of the story. I'm fifty years old, I am definitely not a surf body by any means. But you know what, you're never told to start. And I had the best time yesterday. I swear, I swear to you.
Speaker 1: I had the Saturday. It was awesome.
Speaker 2: But I had the best time because I was in the water with my kids doing an activity that I thought I would never do.
Speaker 1: I was not texting or facetiming their friends. Usually Randall sits in the room while they text in FaceTime.
Speaker 2: And the thing is, I was so impressed that I that I pushed myself to do something that I never thought I could do.
Speaker 1: I was impressed by all of you yesterday, by the way.
Speaker 2: And here's the best part of it all the highlight, the icing on the cake. Riley, who never wanted to serve zero interest zero, said, Dad, can I put my wetsuit on and come out with you? I put her on the board, We got her out. I surfed with her on the same board. I popped up. Yeah, it was really cute, and we surfed together. And now she loves it. And now she loves it. They both love it. So we're gonna go do it for like a week now, Like they're like really into it, and I'm gonna try something.
Speaker 1: That the parents these days have to do, like not surfing, but just a camp because there's so much technology that it's almost annoying. It's like, why do these children have cell phones? Why does this seven year old know how to zoom better than I do? Well because of the pandemic, never mind, they should know how to zoom better than I do. But I love that you guys did that yesterday and now London wants to do surf camp every year.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And by the way, and my kids, that's that's a big thing about if you have kids. You know, I went to Sleep with Camp my whole life as a child. I loved it. And I and my kids go to the same one that I went to, Camp Highlander. Then they just came back from a month and they both were in tears when I picked them up and want to stay another two weeks. So camp is, in my opinion, a magical thing, and it allows kids to really just be kids with other kids, and it's just really cool and you take all the electronics out of it and just being you know, creative and active and yeah. So you know, especially in Los Angeles where you know it's just a you know.
Speaker 1: It's a different it is a different.
Speaker 2: Different thing, and I think you know. I love that they go to the Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina, just like I did, same camp, and they they love it and I loved it. And even when I go there, I'm like, can I teach an activity here? Can I say? Can I have a job.
Speaker 1: So much that during the pandemic he rented the camp out for just our family and made us do activities, which was amazing. I loved it. I loved it so much, mostly because that's where I found out that I was pregnant with Oh I know, I know, and that and then Ocean.
Speaker 2: One day when she's old.
Speaker 1: Enough, we're not talking about it. I can't even go there.
Speaker 2: By the way, the last time, I'm going to finish that I love about law that people don't realize how and love, you know. I mean, every mother I have to assume is in love with their child, So I give all mothers that. But Lala is so in love with Ocean every second, every minute of the day that if you mention anything about the future, anything, no, it's a full either full meltdown in tears, or you get shut down, like I just get shut down. Just now we're allowed to talk about what she's doing right now. Which is rolling over on her.
Speaker 1: I can't even talk about it's already over. I can't even deal. But I think, and I don't know if anybody else had this, if they ever lost a parent, But when I lost my dad, I realized, oh my god, there was this one moment back in the day that we were Rand got us a limo and it was me, my mom, Easton, and my dad and we're driving up to Park City and who even gets a limo anymore?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: The things literally starts steaming. We're broken down on the side of the road and me, I'm very high strung, so when things don't when the wind blows in the wrong direction, I'm thrown off by it. And it takes me a while to try and process it. In this moment, it was so weird because I looked at like my dad and my mom and I was like, this moment is never going to come back. You need to remember it. And it was literally, I think maybe a year or two later that we lost my dad, and I still look back and think, I'm so glad that in that moment, I was like, cherish this, Yes, it's never going to come back. And I still think back on that and go, oh my gosh, like you actively told yourself, and I remember that so vividly. Yes, So now since my dad's passed away, and once that happened, I get very funny with time. I'm little tiny things like ocean grabbing my finger.
Speaker 2: It's like when when will her hands where she's grabbing her hand and not your.
Speaker 1: Finger, right, Like I look at pictures of her when she was teeny tiny, like her her head in the palm of my hand, and now she's like a baby. So I'm very triggered when I think of things like that.
Speaker 2: That makes sense. But that makes sense because you had obviously traumatic loss at a very young age, right, and it's not normal for you know, children to lose their parent.
Speaker 1: At twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Is that that's you know, unfathomable, And so that makes sense. I guess you know now I understand more like that you're holding on to brushious throes because you realize more than most people that you know they can go.
Speaker 1: It's not coming back right.
Speaker 2: Right, You can't get you, so you want to take it off. And I will say, you were reading from your journal to me last night and you had something that I was like, oh my god, really, time is moving, even though it feels slow some days, Right, it's it's moving so fat and you can't stop it. Well, it never stopped me.
Speaker 1: I started a journal for Ocean when I was twenty eight weeks pregnant, and I looked back onto that time and Randall had told me, because I was very hormonially depressing, he said, you should start journaling for Ocean so that one day she can read back and know what you were doing when you were pregnant with her. I'm like, here, I am at this journal entry and she's born a half months, and I feel like I just wrote this at twenty eight weeks talking about like what I did that day. We were still right in the pandemic. We couldn't go to restaurants. I'm like, that feels like years ago, and this was yes Oh my god, it was yesterday, and it's gone.
Speaker 2: I mean we could, I mean there was nowhere to go in California, where it's like a lot of places open up. As you know, Florida and Texas and Georgia a lot of places opened up. California was the last, so like we really were on lockdown. So it feels like a long time ago, but it was yesterday and it was just minutes ago.
Speaker 1: Are you thankful for that time though? Like you got.
Speaker 3: Because you you had Ocean and then I mean you couldn't really stop.
Speaker 2: Do any well.
Speaker 1: How short after you had Ocean?
Speaker 3: Was it when vander pumper wle started? Because didn't you get some extended time to just like be with your baby?
Speaker 1: And No, I got two months. I was really no. I was very lucky and fortunately got a real champion weeks two weeks, Oh wow. And she Anda's baby couldn't film because you have to be I think six weeks or fifteen days. You have to be fifteen days. So she wasn't Her baby wasn't even two weeks old when we went back to filming.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: So she is a real champer here. Her baby fed after she hit the fifteen day. But I mean, I can't even imagine. At least I got two months to like literally do nothing but stare at Ocean. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, I think it's been a fun episode, and we've introduced Jessica.
Speaker 3: It's nice to meet you guys.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you something, Jessica is the best thing that's happened to me since Randal and Ocean.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Wow yeah for real?
Speaker 2: Wow wow?
Speaker 1: Like what even is an email?
Speaker 2: I don't know?
Speaker 1: Jessica checks them? Now, what even is a calendar? I don't know. Jessica deals with it. It's awesome.
Speaker 5: Before we go off the air, can you just tell people when I suggested an assistant very kindly, even after we had hired Jessica, before she had started, how you wanted to let go of Jessicas.
Speaker 1: Nothing to do with No, No, No. My biggest thing was like, is she going to be bored working for me? Like? Do I have enough going on for me to have an assistant? I literally was going to text you before you started.
Speaker 2: I know she was going to say, but I saved you, Jessica, So let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: Well, you saved me. It had nothing to do with you.
Speaker 2: No, but it's a great story because I said to Lala that night, I said, Lala sent me. You've called me now four times. I am telling you that you don't have a choice. You are too busy. Jessica will show up tomorrow morning. You'll spend two weeks with her. If you don't feel you have a reason for an assistant, then at that point you can part ways. Yeah, but I am telling you that you need this, And after two days she called me and goes, I am never getting rid of this. But she no, she didn't know had an assistant, and she was so overwhelmed at that point in her life she didn't know anything different. Now her life feels she feels so like organized and happy and calm.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 3: Well, I was shocked after the first two days. I think it was. I was like, how how have you been doing this by yourself? Because me, I was working morning till evening emails and communicating. I was like, where was your help?
Speaker 2: I was shocked that you went as long as you did.
Speaker 1: It really is yeah, I know, And now Jessica's swooped in and saved my entire life.
Speaker 2: Real Jessica. Jessica and Anna, our other assistant, are both coming to Bravo Kan in October, their first Bravo con or second, because there's only been two.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, if you're looking to hire an assistant, having a female is the only way to go. No a fund, Sean, but for real to get this, get that shit done. On that note, on the female empowerment note, last reminder, We're going on tour. Get your tickets at give Them Live dot com. Thank you so much for listening to another episode To Give Them La La with Randall, and we will talk to you next week.