Speaker 1: Pungebob and Patrick. I had to call back because my last nope, actually this voice spe that. Man, you're not even starting. We're not even I'm not even going down this road. That's crazy. No, no, no, nope, nope, nope. You a while you came into nasty that that was crazy. That sucked that. That's a mean way to speak with really rude. We still have lives. He's got a bad spirit. Why would we listen to you. We still control this. That's a that's that's a I'm gonna be thinking about that the whole time you're talking. You just fucked my weekend up because and this is what pisces me off. I immediately knew who was ye. Why did you even bring that far? I'm saying, of course you're so mean. It's so mean. You're just hitting a lot of points. It's not just that you're larger.
Speaker 2: He's working well.
Speaker 1: The guys smart. I give him the SpongeBob is a little gay. Yeah, it'll get Yeah, it's just everything about it's one of em, A grown man. No chartless Patrick shirtless, that sails.
Speaker 3: Racist money.
Speaker 1: Stuff. I can't tell me. I used to think about immature thing, you know, like do you love me? Do you want me?
Speaker 2: Are you gonna call me?
Speaker 1: Is this really your real phone number? Welcome to another phenomenal episode of My Mama Told Me the podcast.
Speaker 4: That's when we dive deep into the pockets of black conspiracy theories.
Speaker 1: And we finally worked to prove you guessed it nothing, not a goddamn thing. This is not self help. I know nothing for you.
Speaker 4: All I know is I got a leather banded watch and a driver's license.
Speaker 1: You beat Oh crazy? That was pretty cool. That's the Yeah, that was a That was a declaration. Here's what I will say about the work that we do, and it isn't I'm sorry. It is important work. It is important work. I think. I think the fact that we are so brave, audacious even to declare how little we're healthy, is the truest thing that you could do as a podcast host. It's it's it's definitely not helped us monetarily. No, it's it's it's financially not serving us as much as I would like.
Speaker 4: We actually should lie to you guys more. Yeah, hey, get better help. It helped me and Langston, Yeah, like we ever slept Mattress A little.
Speaker 1: Of that Meil Robins even not her name, Mel Meil. Uh, what's her name, Meil? Yeah, Mel Robbins, the lady who is sort of like the craze now of trickery. Yeah, we just need some trickery so we can make some money.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: She's telling people nonsense with like no backing. Oh yeah yeah, I saw at signified video about her. Yeah, and everybody's just going crazy for it because because she puts on glasses and talks stern bro.
Speaker 4: That's what we gotta get on. I'm telling you we I think if you lie for two years, you could live for life.
Speaker 1: That's so true.
Speaker 4: If you come out, if you come out and lie crazy.
Speaker 1: But you gotta keep like you gotta keep your eyes straight. Yeah, no you can't. You can't.
Speaker 4: You can't box with dog two years. You just have to like lie to the camera. I think you can get rich enough that you get the.
Speaker 1: You gotta get mad when people say you're lying, Yeah, how how dare you? You? Don't you? How dare you kill your daughter? Sir?
Speaker 4: I fuck you and your grandpa? Yeah, but I think if you can get that off, if you could get that off for real, bag, you could do it.
Speaker 1: Do it?
Speaker 4: I really, I really need to not be so obsessed with short term money. That's what I worry about a lot. I think about life in terms of licks. No oh no, it can't just be licks out here. Man feels so much where I'm just like like where you just like, I.
Speaker 1: Can't just be hitting licks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I'll just be like, damn, damn, that was a good one. That shit closed up, all right, I gotta go, you know what I mean, And then I gotta go to the other one.
Speaker 1: I think some of that, though, is the business we work in. Like our entire business is hitting a lick. Yeah, because I'm not a criminal. I've never been like a successful criminal. But even if you're a successful comedian, entertainer, whatever whatever we're calling ourselves at this point, it's a lick. All it is is this like, Oh, I hit a lick and I got enough money to carry me through whatever next year, and I got to hit another lick to be able to carry me another That's what I mean.
Speaker 4: That's like how I look at it, and I'm like, Okay, at some point, Michael Jordan will fall and I'll have to go do something else, like you just like that's like, but I think that you gotta think better than that.
Speaker 1: I think there's an elevated thinking. I do think there's an elevated thinking. I think this may be makes for a nice segue into something I've been thinking about. This is this and welcome to My Mama told me I'm Langston and we we are here is just a David and Langston episode. We just gonna talk some shit and listen to some voicemail. Let's go. This is a joke, Netflix is a joke is happening, and somehow still nobody wanted to hang out with us. It's the most famous people. We've benefited so little from this festival and the collection of famous black people that have all descended upon Los Angeles. We're saying we're on the festival. Absolutely, we just blew it completely. Nothing good came of it.
Speaker 4: I was just at a barbecue. I saw twelve black people. I didn't tell any of them to come.
Speaker 1: And say, hey, brothers, follow me. I got some microphones in West Hollywood. I got conversation about Loopiz. I said, I bring that up to this is something I've been thinking about that I think is important. I think the song ninety nine Problems really gave black people a unfair interpretation of interacting with the police. Expand I think at that end, when jay Z is giving out all the explanations of why he doesn't have to open his trunk or comply with that officer's demands, it's putting a lot of niggas who thought that they learned something from that song in unfortunate circumstances. Oh yeah, you gotta be careful with what jay Z teaches. Yeah, I think I think that lesson. That lesson is complicated because you do hear that song and you're like, yeah, it really gave me confidence. And yeah, at the police, I was like that the law says I don't have to open it, And I don't know if that's the law. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't even my glove compartments also never locked. I don't have a keyp for it. I've never once locked it.
Speaker 1: I don't know how. Yeah, and what do you Yeah, I'm not putting a list of substances in it, and I'm certainly and ain't no gun. But but on the on the flip side, i'd like to. I would love it.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: I fantasize if I having a car gun dog Okay, I'm really glad that you're with me on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it made me feel crazy. You would also, doesn't it seem cool to have a gun in the bro when I was a.
Speaker 4: Kid, like a like a little I want like a little er Yeah, like a thirty eight My papa's best friend when I was growing up, my grandfather's best friend growing up.
Speaker 1: I get it, uh, I just you know, it felt weird just to look you in the eyes while I.
Speaker 4: Said yeah, yeah, and you said popa the way I assume you said it as a little boy, yep, which was funny.
Speaker 1: I miss him. Yeah, he was good. He was a good guy. But his best friend was a dude who kept a gun in his car and everybody knew it. And it was my favorite thing about him. Yeah, that was that used to be a guy you could be. It was a guy and he was like kind of a little bit of like more of a shit talker. Yeah, and you knew it because he had that gun in the car. Yeah, and you're like, damn, Mort, don't mess with him. Mort. Yeah, this is a good old Jewish. That's a good old and he was a war vet, so he's killed people before. He wants to kill again, he's been waiting on it. Man, he's had to wait fifty years. We could get car guns now, I don't think, well, yeah, yeah, we can technically, but I thought about it. California is a tough place to be a car gun guy. I think it's not. But we just go to Vegacy get the guns. No, I'm not worried about the oh, the instruments as much as all worried about the legality and sort of like the the There are so many laws around guns in California that even having the weapon requires a type of explanation that scares me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, honestly, I just tried to sign up for a shooting class in general and then the cops emailed me, and I don't like that at all.
Speaker 1: That's who runs the shooting class.
Speaker 4: No, I know that now because I was like, oh, it be funny and you and then now the cops are emailing.
Speaker 1: Me and I don't even want to do this. It really sucks.
Speaker 4: I am from the West. I am from a bullshit state where I do still think in my head that you could just like drive out somewhere and shoot it. And I know that that's not really.
Speaker 1: You can, but you're close to here, but you can't with training. You if you want to go shoot a gun tomorrow, I know a place where we can go shoot guns. How did you start with that? But I'm saying that like I thought you wanted to like go through an actual course. Oh, I'd like to do that as well. But I want to go all right, we're good. Oh, I know, let's let's get Yeah. Yeah, you don't have to, we just will do it row. Yeah, that's what I like. We ain't got a train. Yeah, we don't even have to have film it. I shot a fifty cow with no training. Bro, I just had a dude tell me what to do, and I say, can I put my cheek on it? He said yeah? And then I said, all right, I want to nestle up. And then and then I shot it. I said, get this monster away from me. That's a scary size gun. That's a scary size Gunther was seven feet long. Can I tell you another fantasy I've had besides a car gun? Please?
Speaker 4: I want to drive a car with no shirt on. Why'd you do that? I can't read it? No, I can't read it, and I'm scared. I'm excited about it. I just I was driving around, I was like, man, it would be cool. You know what, Okay, I will be honest. I first thought naked, and then I was like, that's too much, that's insane. I literally, I'm not making this up. I literally the other day, and this is part of why my reaction was.
Speaker 1: My reaction is the other day I saw a dude in his car shirtless but couldn't tell if he was naked, and that's you don't want to do that to people around. And part of it is he's driving like a Hyundai and it ain't. It ain't an open roof. It's not like he didn't have the windows. Now, he's just in there with his shirt off free. It's not wind blowing on his chest. It's just a man in privacy, which then makes it feel like nudity. I think you need some I think windows. So in my head, windows down, sunglasses on, that's nice. You got some roof I got them. It doesn't open, but I got the whole glass. Oh it's all glass. Yeah, yeah, I understood. Damn. I think it would still be cool. I think so. I think I think the way you should really treat yourself is go on vacation, get yourself a convertible, pop that shirt off, pop them sunglasses on, and do it right. Maybe for my honeymoon. We're going to Dahi. That's nice. Yeah, black sand Yeah, right on the wrong side of the street. And is it wrong side of the street there, I don't know. I ain't never been. Yeah, you can go to the It's not even crazy to go to I believe you. Yeah, but yeah, treat yourself. I don't think you want to be driving to record with me. I was gonna do list. I was gonna do it. Back from the gym was my first thought. I was like, because that's like a mile two miles, yeah, And then like, because I don't want to develop a habit either. I like back from the gym though, because I will say that getting back in the car after a bit a gym session is least favorite part of it sucks. You stink and you're sweaty and you are cold on your back and that's uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: And I'm so weird about the gym to where it's like, bro, I bring so many shirts to the gym, but then I'd be bringing another shirt just I don't shower there, so I bring another shirt just to wear out because the shirt I was wearing was sweaty. But then I'm getting back into the car, you know what I mean. It feels like too. It would be so much easier if I was just a shirt off dry.
Speaker 1: You're doing better than me. I'd just be getting in there sweaty and making my cars think for a few hours. Really, Yeah, I don't think it's a good plan. No. I worry that the leather is gonna soak up my my, my brother. That's where you fucked up because I got no leather. Okay, okay, okay, all right, it's fuzzy. Yeah that's good. That's good. That's that's the benefit of claw. Yeah, yeah, you get it stinky, you don't give a fuck.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I even really wanting to act up in the car now. I feel like because I got I've gotten comfortable. Now I'm like whipping it and now I'm like I want to do crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I do think modern luxuries are trapp in some ways. Yeah, Like leather is more a prison than it is like, uh, it's a sexy vibe. It's sexy in there, but but after a while it's just upkeep and I got that white leather or like that beige leather. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, the kids get in the back and I'm like, I'm like staring at him, trying.
Speaker 1: Hey, don't open that. No, don't. We're not doing no crumbly snacks. Why does it say that on the what's it saying on the ceiling? Now? Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, and that's what I never had to worry about that. I even honestly, why did you bring uses the car? I'm like, hey, there's red bulcan in there.
Speaker 1: Take it easy, big girl. I'm just you know, it's just weird because I feel like you clean out your car after you drinking it. Yeah, why'd you leave your shit my car? Yeah? Yeah, And I'm oh, man, i was a hope. Oh you went to sprouts. Oh you're being passive aggress You'll get there, man, I've been. I've been. I've been going to sprouts a lot. But you'll get full aggressive soon. No, I'll take It'll take some years before you reach a plane where you go like, oh, I'm just gonna say it. I'm not.
Speaker 4: And I'm interested in that because when we hang out with couples who've been married longer, they're mean to each other in front of people in a way that we will only do behind closed door, Like married couples would just be like, oh yeah, because Langston can't.
Speaker 1: Read, yeah you know, yeah yeah, and you're you're smart to point out an actual insecurity I have. Well that's the way I play it. You play that well, that is a real thing that does come up. Man. If I couldn't read, I don't think I would. I would probably not get laid for a while to try to fix that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think there's only two ways to play it. I think you either really focus and try to make the best of it Fantasia Marino style. Uh and shout out to Fantasia. You you were confronted with with some violent, nasty talk regarding your illiteracy, and you said, nay, I'm gonna make a difference. I appreciate that. I really respect that you went out there and you did the work. You did the learning. Congratulations, Fantasia. Some people can't even learn and swim. You learned to read. You fucking those were just squigglies before you started. Do you think you would have?
Speaker 7: It was looking at squigglyes like what the fuck? And then they stopped being squiggly, get this ship out of my face. And then you said, oh it's the Bible.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that means Halapano.
Speaker 4: Well, turns out I like Mexican food, because that would be the hardest thing ordering.
Speaker 1: This is a really funny story my grandfather, who I didn't know. This is a different ground. This isn't Papa. I don't miss this nigga at all. Damn. I didn't know. He wasn't a good man. I don't know point being. One of the few sort of like warm stories my mother ever told about him was one time he took my grandmother out to like a fancy dinner. This was like him, like he had some money and he was he was an alcoholic. He wasn't a good guy. But like he's doing he's doing it right tonight. He's treating her to a nice dinner. They never go anywhere, they never eat anywhere. This is a big deal. And he takes her out and it's it's a restaurant in Greek Town in Detroit. They sit down and he's looking at the menu. He can't read. He's he doesn't know how to read at this point, and I assume he never did. Yeah, you don't. I don't think he like like sixty was like I got it. Lock in. I mean, after a while, it's like, what do I want to read? I'm I'm not doing it. I get pussy. I know how to read some lips, but he can't read. He takes her to dinner. They hand him a menu. He's never ordered at a restaurant where you sit down and have a menu. Whoa he took He didn't even dry raid. Don't go out, bro, this is the what a different time? This is the sixties seventies. They don't get he don't. He don't go nowhere. And when he does eat outside of his house, he eats trucks. He eats at at a restaurant where you just point to a number and go give me one of those or you know what they got you already know what you like over here? Yeah, And so he sits down at this restaurant. They give him the menu. They're sitting there, and then the waiter comes back. He goes, sir, what would you like? And he said, uh, let me get a dinner. Just give me a dinner. I know he's a bad guy, right, I know that he went through it in his life that's the most embarrassing shit I ever heard of my life. And then his his offspring. Just that's the story they tell about the warmest they have. That was his night. That was his night. Yeah, look at you laughing. That was his night. Yeah. But they I bet you they got him at dinner. I I bet you they went. They put their their heads together and they figured out what a dinner means to him. Damn, just give me a dinner, he said, Let me get a dinner. I had a buddy whose grandpa couldn't read, and he said his grandpa would always order cheeseburgers everywhere they went. Smart man, Yeah, because it was just like they got it. Yeah, they probably got it. Even fancy restaurants got one of those. He also said, when he was little, though, as grandpa used to read him the paper. Fuck, He's like, and you ain't gonna believe this.
Speaker 8: Dinosaurs are back, which is funny because it's like the one person who knows you doesn't know you can't read.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me tell you what's going on. It's like, listen, I may be an idiot, but I'm smarter than him.
Speaker 4: And that's really the best reason I say to have kids I think about that. Sometimes I just don't. I want to be like smarter in the house.
Speaker 1: Make people you're smarter than Yeah, my wife is so much smarter than me. Brother, it's embarrassing. My wife is smarter than me.
Speaker 4: And the intangibles too, like not just like she knows stuff, but just like intuitive.
Speaker 1: She can figure things out that I can't figure out. There'll be stuff that I've been like marinating on all day that i want to talk to her about, and then I'll serve up my side of it and sure immediately swatted out the air in a way that makes me feel crazy. Yeah, I go like, okay, well then then I'm a fucking idiot. You also, yeah, it almost makes you not want to share everything now. I don't want to share it because I'm stupid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sometimes I want to win on my own, just to tell her that I didn't need you to.
Speaker 1: By the way I solved the problem today, you don't need to know what it was. Don't worry about it. There's none of your business, bitch.
Speaker 9: It was a blue job. We got blue jobs. Just telling me, oh yeah, dog, pup, that's right job, your dog. As soon as I walked in the house, your dog greeted me. She was so happy to see me.
Speaker 1: And then she she sat for a moment, and then she walked over towards towards a corner of your carpet, and she hurled, sucked what looked almost identical to ship. It sucked. It looked almost identical to a pudding textured shit.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I feel like the dogs put me through humiliation ruscause, like sometimes also the other day, we're walking, yeah, and uh, there was a there was a sign for some school, some religious school, that was on the ground.
Speaker 1: That's where she ships on the sign.
Speaker 4: And then I'm standing there like on the corner like, oh no, and she's just shitting on this Jewish day school sign. And I'm like, bitch, this feels on purpose. This is they're trying to fuck me in this neighborhood.
Speaker 1: This is not the right time for those antics. The geopolitics that you're playing in, do you realize the optics. I'm in shoe business. I work in shoe business. I've got a lot of people who send their kids to that day's school. And then it's the longest ship in the world. Of course, she took her time. Ah man. She Sometimes you feel like she said, I didn't you up a little bit? I did it? I feel that way.
Speaker 4: I like with the puke because like, you couldn't have puked after Langton. Why'd you puke when we were in the room.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 1: The second she felt that, she was like, I'm gonna I'm gonna throw up right now, and I want you to see it, and I want your friend to see it too.
Speaker 4: And then I had to steam clean it all pink jumps. You did a great job, I did. I did do that.
Speaker 1: And I was like when she went Alana came home, I was like, what do you think she puked that? I bet you yeah. What do you think she peered secrets safe with me? Baby boom? Thank god we got that close. We gotta I got that thing. We We are gonna listen to some voicemails. I'm excited. We're gonna play some fun voicemails. We're gonna talk some ship. You all continue to send us your your beautiful, glowing, amazing voicemails, and we continue to appreciate them. So let's listen to see voices. Our listeners have good voices. For the most part. They do have good voices, even when they're bad. They're like animated in a way. We were like, yeah, here's what I like about our listeners. These motherfuckers are interesting characters. We we got a lot of characters calling us. I think it's because we're so weird that I think we attract weirdos. We had somebody tell us that he uh recently and and he did tell us, I've been thinking about it a lot. What I like about y'all, but you're so fucking weird. That was pretty much to me. That was that we were taking a meeting with somebody who we respect a lot respect and he was like, what I like about young You're black, You're fucking weird. He was like, there's not of black and weird, y'all. He said, y'all, nigga's black weird. He said, there is weird and black, y'all. Ain't that y'all black and weird? Which I think it's fair. That's how I've always I took it as a compliment, but I do think about it, and it's lightly concerned tone in my head as well.
Speaker 4: It's a lot easier to be black and weird. It's easier than it ever has been to be back black and weird. Though I think it was a lot harder before.
Speaker 1: I was really having to push a lot of stuff down. Throughout most of my life, I was really having a dress like everybody try to like you know what I mean? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, not it's not yeah, but now it's like so it's like it's almost played it. It is oversaturated the market a little bit. But what it a black widow being black weirdo. But I will say what excites me is that also continues to push me to innovate the space. Yeah, I'm not gonna let a motherfucker out weird me. No, no, no, And if you really let me get going, you won't. I'll be like me, it's fucked up in here. You might be able to out nasty me. You might be able to out nasty me. You're probably smarter than me and than.
Speaker 11: You.
Speaker 1: You don't have the Jaden lyrics like I got. That's right. Yeah, I think at some point you we if we just get down to the nooks and crannies of it, I'm gonna win this race. Yeah. I'm probably weird. Yeah, I even weird enough that it's a burden. It's hard. I'm driving around trying to be naked that's not cool. No, it's not cool. I thought that went without saying that's not cool. Even though you say it, I don't except it's not even no, no, it's still my cool man. Yeah, I got that. That's what I can't shake you off of it. No, no, no, no no no. If I had like some kind of secret island or something, I'll drive a car naked. Yeah, I figure it out. I think you deserve it. Thanks. Man. Let's get you a big old property. Yeah, and then you can do whatever you want to. Yeah, but I want to drive like in traffic. That's what I was worried about. That's the worry. That's the one that makes me go, hey man, stop that. Yeah. But I'm not here to yuck yong yam. I'm here to listen to voicemails with you. Okay, let's do that. Let's let's play that first one.
Speaker 11: Oh right, here go all right, Damn, that's crazy. I got an you an ask ship to say, big fan of the podcast, this isn't as much as a conspiracy, but more of.
Speaker 12: Like a theory.
Speaker 11: Anyway. I remember back like circa late you know, you know, early twenty tens at least, that's when it came to my consciousness. We had a lot of black puppets in media, and I feel like we had like an era, you know, had Cousins Speeter, we had Thirst from the Spike commercials.
Speaker 1: We had Little Penny, MVT.
Speaker 11: Puppets with Lebron and Kobe just the name of few. So a lot of puppets in the media. But then nowadays, you know, you don't see so many puff and colors uh represented, And I feel like, I don't know, I don't exactly know why, Like, do you guys have any have any any uh have any thoughts?
Speaker 1: Uh? You know.
Speaker 11: Also maybe I remember or I don't remember, but I heard they had a black Session Street character like Roosevelt Franklin. One of the criticisms was his demeanor might have been racist, a little stereotypical. So maybe with the Cousin Skeeter and Thirst and the m v P puppets, that was some of the backlash, and they overcorrected, uh to a lack of U puppet representation, you know, black puppet representation at all. I don't know, it makes sense.
Speaker 1: You're making a lot and a lot of time go by.
Speaker 11: You really are talking making the sandals here.
Speaker 12: This is crazy for me.
Speaker 13: But yeah, take your time.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 11: Twenty twenty six, all type of different ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh it cut off. No, he's a piece. I will say, I don't think puppet is our best medium. Oh interesting, I think you. I think the greatness of what we are I think is muddled by puppets.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree with that. I think it takes away a lot of our skills. I think eyes are flat. I think that certainly puppet technology has not yet mastered black mannerisms.
Speaker 4: It's too like it's always like every puppet like this, yeah you know what I mean, and like there's no athleticism, there's no I never seen a sexy puppet, No, I do. I think as the people were very sexy. I will say this, puppets were big titties.
Speaker 1: I think big titties for sure. I think Miss Piggy has had some moments where I went, hey, there, hey, that big girl. You ever seen that video of that picture online with whether she got a nipple out? You know, I was in that vigdeo that's my background screen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just I think puppets don't. I don't think puppets translate all that great. Because he's eater. We all thought that was stupid.
Speaker 1: Though, right, that his cousin was just a puppet. Yeah, it didn't need to be a puppet. It truly never made a moment of sense to me that he was somehow because they acknowledged he was a puppet. Yeah, it wasn't like they were like, oh, you're the same as a Skeeter. No, this is our weird little cousin who's a puppet. Yeah, who's gonna teach Robert Richard about love?
Speaker 4: I just like, yeah, cousin Skeeter should have been a smaller, darker skinned, cooler dude. It should have just been a guy. And in that I don't like that the puppet took away work from what could have been a black actor.
Speaker 1: It should have been Beatle Juice.
Speaker 4: That's a whole other show, Robert Richard and Beatles Juice running around learning life lessons.
Speaker 1: If you really want this, this tiny freak. I don't know if Beatles is allowed in middle school. No, you shouldn't, be completely honest. You don't know what he's gonna do in there. Yeah he's your horny. That guy's crazy, yeah, crazy with horn But like, think about it, there could be like a tiny, a small, cool black kid. Who's the little boy? He was in everything for a minute. Yeah, I know you're talking. You know what I'm talking about. He should have done it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he would have been great. That's Beyonce pouring sugar on my dick. That little boy make him Cousin Skeeter.
Speaker 1: He would have been great. Cousins. Yeah, man, Orlando Jones, probably Brown. That was about say Jones would be cool. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Orlando Brown could have done it. Orlando Brown could have done it. Then maybe had he done it, because it did feel very Orlando Brown coded.
Speaker 4: I think maybe they tried and like maybe the contract wasn't right or something. Oh that's interesting, money wasn't right. His cousin Skeeter looks a lot like Orlando Brown, and cousin Skeeter operated like a person a lot uh huh like where it was like.
Speaker 1: I don't like it. Yeah, I didn't like cousin Skeeter. Yeah, I remember enjoying it a lot, but I can't imagine revisiting.
Speaker 4: But did you enjoy it or did you just like all the black shows as a kid, because I had a pretty high talk. I liked all the I wasn't super discerning with all the black I just liked them.
Speaker 1: I I, now that I'm older, have a lot of trouble telling what I enjoyed versus what I accepted because that was what was available. Yeah, and you were just hanging on childhood was chaotic. Yeah, you're just like, No, I need I need TV right now, and this is this is helpful, and let me watch Cousinskeeter and Robert Richard. Yeah, Saint Roger, Robert Richard, I believe so he did that right the Rechard which it also brother. That sounds close to something we don't say, but does it it? I'm really gurious now they I will say, in his in in his Wikipedia, they do not is American known for Yeah, they do not say it's different. So it says Robert Richard on his Wikipedia. No, it says Robert Richard on his Wikipedia. But it doesn't have any information about his parents. But he is of Louisiana Creole descent. It's it's French.
Speaker 4: We all think that Richard sounds like no, we all he hear for sure, So maybe it is, because otherwise why would you have picked it?
Speaker 1: M man? I thought Robert Richard was going to the top. I saw a big I saw a big future. I really thought he had it. Yeah, and I think he did have it back when media could section off the way that it used to Like there was there was black TV, but then there was like family friendly black TV, and then there was the like really there was so much black TV and you could really fucking Eve had a show. I always forget it for a long time. And she wasn't even named Eve. What's the show called Eve? Her name wasn't Eve on the show? No, it makes no sense.
Speaker 4: That's the one upn show. I can't barely remember it. It was called Eve though it was called Eve? Was the was the was the intro? Who's that girl?
Speaker 1: Oh? That I don't remember? Yeah, her name in the show was Shelley Williams. That ain't e Ef.
Speaker 4: They should have made a cartoon and called it pit Pull and the Skirts. I would watched the ship out of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They should have just a tattoo on the titty miss yeah yeah, yeah, walking around giving people hell. It was crazy that she called herself pit pull in the skirt. It was a great that early run. She went crazy even so good. You know what? So I missed what Gianningers, what yeah, can't touch that ship was so good. She had a run. Yeah yeah yeah, and we we knew her whole ship and we never like we were like Eve. She the scariest one in the rough. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, that's the baddest motherfucker. She fus until they come. Yeah. Remember, of course, that was when I thought Dragon had a future. Dragon could have done it. Dragon really was was my favorite of the rough riders. And I'm embarrassed to say that now.
Speaker 4: Well it's you know what it was. It was a more accessible DMX. He rapped fast. Yeah, I thought it was pressive.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah he was. He was. His name was Dragon and he wrapped about fire. I got it. Yeah, DMX. I had the research to find out what dark man X ment exactly. Dragon's album was called the Opposite of H two. Oh I know what that is. Yeah. I liked him. Yeah, Dragon was great and he was little. I liked the little guy. Back then. The the to the question of puppets, Oh yeah, I have seen the Sesame Street character that is a black puppet, and I will say that until very recently, it was the only puppet that they were doing that was like human, and that sucked. I don't like that. I got to look that up.
Speaker 4: He was a human girl, so it was he's a puppet, so it was more merryingette than puppet.
Speaker 1: No I'm saying it looks like a puppet, but it but they weren't. They also have human people o the show. She looks like a fraggle rock. And that's what I'm saying, is like, why are you doing that if you want a little black girl to be like, make a little black girl or make a monster with the little black girl's voice. But she got she got a mom. And that's what I'm saying, is like, it's weird that they're just like, Okay, well now we got black people puppets, even though this whole time everybody was purple and blue and and I I say all this, I still very much believe in Sesame Street Street. But I do think they had to do a little course correction in their little imagination station trying to figure out how to not make black people monsters before everybody else didn't. They They did have an Asian one event. I think black came first. His name was Burt. You think bird Bird was a white man, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, deeply closeted white man. That's a white man who loved a cool Mexican guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, maybe had the show come out in nineteen ninety and their love would have been allowed to be celebrated out Loue.
Speaker 1: Absolutely are they people. The creators of Sesame Street have addressed it, and they claim that that is not true, that they are not They are just friends, just roommates, just roommates who like each other a lot and hang out, roommates who left their families to move together in the big city. And that is the troubling part because they will never pinpoint how old Burt and Ernie are. And as long as we don't have a sense of like, because is Ernie sixteen or is Ernie six I never even thought about Ernie being a kid. That's what I'm saying. He kind of moves like a man. Yeah, but also he's all he does is hang out with kids and do kids. Shit, let's move on. What is this guy? Let's listen to another voicemail. That's fair. It's concerning when you start unpacking because Bert before Bert behaves like a man. Bert is a man. Bert's a man who's been beaten down.
Speaker 4: I feel like Bert had a life, and then something happened and now he's on his second light. Yeah, Bert feels like he's been through the fire in a way that's like like it's like that anger comes from somewhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had a he probably had a boat. Oh yeah, he had He had a corporate job and he lost that. And now he sleeps in separate beds with his boyfriend who he can't say is his boyfriend, and he can't even show his face in Southlake Tahoe. He can never go back. I'm thinking of him getting off a Greyhound with a suitcase like, yeah, I'm home, but I time when he looks out, Yeah, he remembers those crystal blue water. He remembers baby, he remembers that black diamond that he broke his leg on the beach. Just felt leg and it was a big day. He had fun but also tragedy. All right, we need to take a break. We're gonna take a break. More more David more Langston more.
Speaker 2: Ma mama told me, and we're back for real.
Speaker 1: Just sat right here in my car.
Speaker 10: I had a pending vanilla r and me offending me offend uh infinitefend in me. He penefended me, pen if I had one.
Speaker 1: Oh man, some of y'all have been asking, what would porky pick sound like if it was from the hood, if it was just a realized nigga. That is a hard word. It's an epiphany. If you ain't, if you ain't practiced it. Yeah, if you don't have it, that beat your ass. Yeah, it's not like you can't sound it out. Mm hmm yeah, sounding out actually makes it harder because you think it's an epipay, right, anyways, we're back, We're back, and we do another voice. Man, let's do it. Let's play the next one. Yeah.
Speaker 13: Uh this goes out to big Ice up Catty and uh no, I'm just kidding David and Linxton pause.
Speaker 1: That was a weird joke. Why y'all keep fucking with us? Man, Just leave us alone, bro, we don't even be on nothing. But we really don't. We really don't. We I guess we do talk crazy to them. I'll be honest. We talk crazy, y'all, but we you should hear I talk to myself. You we we are and also we are talented, we're better at it. Just leave us the fuck alone. You know you are on no timing, sir, that's why it took you so goddamn long to do that mid fucking joke. You practiced that the whole message. You were like, I'm gonna say that, and then you tried it and then sucked delete that message. We can't forget about that first guy, though. He did go crazy, and that's part of why I'm yelling at him. Yeah, that's fair. I'm hurt because they keep jumping us. Yeah, and we're lashing out. You're supposed to be our fans.
Speaker 13: Play the voice, man, Thank you for allowing me this opportunity to present my conory.
Speaker 1: Okay, pause, this guy, I didn't know you were slow, bro, my bad. No. I think I think he's the funniest guy.
Speaker 4: I think this might be the actually the funniest guy.
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, see where it goes. I think he might be actually hilarious. Fork in the road, we'll find out which one of us is on the right band. Yeah.
Speaker 13: White people stole all the magic. Yeah, I think they're stile all the magic. When they were going around colonizing the world, you know, collecting quote unquote spices, they were scooping up all local magic and using the power to make seven percent of the population and control of the rest of it. I was looking into tarot cards because I thought there might be something there, and then I find out the only official tarot card decks that you can use are right or weight tarot cards made in nineteen oh nine, even though they're saying it stretches back to ancient Egyptian times, And I was like, why does this white guy get to be the decider of what's on tarot cards?
Speaker 1: M M.
Speaker 12: Like the Yoga Association or is headquarters is in Arlington, Virginia, Like what they know about real yogi's over there.
Speaker 13: I think white people have been colonizing magic for it as long as they've been colonizing land, religion, and anything else we have in value here. Like, I think they stumbled across many villages. It's like, oh, you got a little bit of magic to help your crops grow a little bit faster or quicker. Yeah, we need that, and they just scooped it up and took it.
Speaker 4: Because there is a difference between science and magic. Not saying a pick that shit up, I'm saying some of that shit was just.
Speaker 1: Irrigation yep, for sure, for sure, and my cooking technique I don't think you're wrong as far as how they did it. That's not magic, that's disease.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess it's I guess small patch is magic to.
Speaker 1: You if you if you offer enough people dirty blankets, they yeah, yeah, and that is.
Speaker 4: But that seems magical because you're like, what the fuck is this new ailment?
Speaker 1: What I like about what he's saying is that I think that white people are very fast to undesignate magic, to make magic illegitimate, you know what I mean that like, there's a lot of magic, even in the black community. We talk about it all the time, with like voodoo and voodoo and those being not not this nefarious sort of like evil thing that they are often framed as in American culture. And I think that is an attempt to eliminate magic off of the board and then use elements of that magic to pretend to be qutie pause. It's how white women take who do and voodoo and then turn it into like, you know, fucking Salem witches, right, I think is the thing.
Speaker 4: Or they take voodoo and they're like, yeah, but my finger, you're gonna smell something.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, that's not magic, bro, You're sick. That was for us to grow rice. That was so I could trigger man into loving ye, yeah, this is you am I gonna yeah, so you could take your finger off.
Speaker 4: Uh that's interesting. Do you think there's like a wave of black magic coming back?
Speaker 1: I think that we are in a wave where it is becoming more okay than it's ever been to identify as magical as black magic, as black and magical. Yeah. I think that. Like I know a lot of women now who who sort of live in magical spaces. That wasn't true when when we were That's true, you know what I mean? True. I didn't know any American women who claimed magic as a child. Hell no, yeah, nobody was like, yo, my mom's a witch. Yeah yeah yeah. Ever ever ever, no, ever? And now I know a lot of women who have like you know, elements yeah, yeah, spiritual that lean into magical. And do you have witch in your family? Not? No self identified? Okay, yeah, My family is more of the type to call people witch. Yep. Sometimes gat sometimes I call this coming from inside the house. Absolutely sometimes that there's there's four fingers pointing, three fingers pointing back at you.
Speaker 4: But yeah, no, I know what you in my family neither. Yeah, but maybe it may be somewhere down the line.
Speaker 1: But I think we're gonna see a big generation of kids who do have that in their family. Because I'm good how free it is now. I would like us to get back to where we belong. I would like this to get back to big stage magic. Mm, where's our sick Freed and Roy? You want black magicians on the highest platform? Yeah? I like that. Black tigers we I don't know.
Speaker 6: That's so funny.
Speaker 1: I like it. I like it because it presumes that they've been out here the whole time. We just haven't. We haven't had access to them one of those times. I as you could see my eggs in the head.
Speaker 4: It's two black guys were silk with chain and then the tigers have do rags, but they're Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is one of their hair like blonde and fooped? The black men, yeah, Oh they're bald. They're bald.
Speaker 4: That feels magic to me. Okay, and unfortunately dark skin, but that's just my fantasy.
Speaker 1: That's beautiful. Yeah, it's got pictured. One of them ball for sure, and then the other one had like a beautiful blonde Okay, huge ear ring. Yeah, it like old Miguel haircut. Yeah, big earring yep, all black eyebrows are done yes, and and glitter and very sharp facial yeah. Yeah, like like the way the Grandmaster Flash Purious five where where it almost looks like, uh, it could bleed in any moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because what is what is a huge magic show need if not a great musical soundtrack.
Speaker 1: I think that's right. Like I think that black people in the magic space could really go crazy. Dog if David what, he don't own it. If he is, he's he's something. I think he's like mixed in some kind of tired. I don't want to unpack whatever that means.
Speaker 4: You know, he looks because he has like heavy eyes. He looks like ship, but he has heavy eyes that make it look darker. And maybe that's why I think.
Speaker 1: I I I think you're right. We have not seen a dark skin magician on like the highest highest level. Yeah. And like imagine they're doing a trick and fucking and fucking one in a million is playing while they're like walking on and on and on, but it's like mixed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like the beat and then like.
Speaker 1: Man, this ain't just they turned on Alah, this is put on a fucking show. Yeah yeah, yeah, like it starts with no background. Your love is one in the middle.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: That would be incredible, crazy, that'd be the best magic. I don't and I think I'd go to Vegas. I'd go. I drive to Vegas, and I think in a way that has been true historically for so many things, they are keeping us out of magic spaces because they know will sauce on the ass if we get in.
Speaker 4: I went to the Magic Castle recently, marry one black magician Bro.
Speaker 1: I went to saw Indian get going crazy. Tense energy. Okay, too much magician. That energy is not great. I have a harder time with it up close than I do. Yeah, in a big room, I think it's fun. And then up close and I get he.
Speaker 4: Was doing it like to these ladies up close and you feel like look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me.
Speaker 1: But he was like the way it was coming out of his voices like you dog, you dog, you felt nasty. Yeah. Yeah. I went to the Magic Castle very recently and we went did you guys eat the food? Who went crazy?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 1: You like the food?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You have bad food. I don't think it's bad it's just very okay to me. He had a steak. No, I don't think I had the stake. Oh man, my ship is hidden. Okay. Did you go with a magician? Why did I say it like that? Going with a magic man? That's how we said magicians are for colonizing yeaheah, that's the devil's where magic man is what we call him. I did not go with the magic man. We got tickets from somebody who's a member. But it was a bummer because we went on a Jewish holiday. Oh, one of the high holidays, one of the high holidays. I think it was passed over too. We went and I was out of my element. I'm glad you kept that going. It's not the central part of the story. The individual holiday is not the one that I'm as much focused on. I listen to stories like a lady, and I've noticed, and I've noticed sometimes it feels like I'm talking to my wife again, and and hey, I'll never leave you. I'll never leave you, but I will.
Speaker 14: Try to change you. I will spend my life trying to change you. Just let me talk, nigga.
Speaker 1: We went on one of the Jewish high holidays and apparently a lot of the magicians are Jewish. Therefore, we got a very b team ass performance at the Magic Castle and it was all puppets. Oh my god, I saw puppets too, my night, bro, it was all puppets. Did puppets infiltrate that space? It don't even make sense that what I was telling my wife is not even supposed to be in here. This is not magic at all. This is just a guy doing a puppet dog. I had to say a password, a magic word to get in here, make the puppet do some magic, or get it the fuck up out of here.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't just want to watch a puppet dance. I'm not a perfect dude. I know you're talented. I'm not accusing you of not being talented. Get the fuck out of here with that regular talent. That shit pissed me off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, why did I I didn't come here to watch a fucking I'm in the main room and a magic Castle dog.
Speaker 1: Here's where it gets even more This is where it gets even more fucked up. We got puppets. One of the main puppets show that we saw racist as fuck. I think we could have seen the same ship was it the marionettes?
Speaker 5: Dude, shit, oh with the Mammy and then the Asian one and then the Asian.
Speaker 1: I text my wife right now, it's crazy. That ship made me so they they break. I'm not even in the crowd loved it. They That's not how my crowd reacted. My crowd was crazy. It went crazy. My crowd was murmuring, my crowd, I hate that ship. Up with the spoon. Fuck this castle. That really sucks. It sucked. My crowd was mostly an agreement. My crowd was not bro There was a weird poly There's a man who is crazy. This is a fucking regular at the Magic Castle who comes out and he's the headliner of the show for us. He was the headliner.
Speaker 4: He was not he was like this. He was in the main room, but he was like the middle Yeah, he was like the middle life. They didn't give us no. He was the headliner. And this man comes out and he does marionettes, and he's very talented at marionettes.
Speaker 1: He's fine. I don't know.
Speaker 4: He starts off the puppets to the work.
Speaker 1: He's just standing there holding his arms up. Funny. I'm saying, have you ever touched Marionette. It's not rocket science. Oh really, you think it's easier than it appears to Okay, apparently David's really tapped in in the Marryonette community. He was blowing my mind to some extent. But I will say that it starts off with a white Yeah, the acrobat. That was the best one. It's a white acrobat who literally is like attaching and detaching from an acrobat trapeze from a trapeze, And it's pretty cool that she's able to do little flips in the air and then grab back on And how does it work? I do not know the science. Fine, and then immediately that is followed with the the biggest, blackest, most samboie ass woman, huge titties, red lip, eyes, bugged out of her fucking head. It suck and she comes out and she sings. She sings negro music. The only way to describe it is negro music. That ship is so at man. At one point in the Marionette, as this, she grabs a microphone and is singing. She bounces her titties and then turns around and and twerks her ass. And because he's got it rigged, she's got a hook to the yeah little thinking it's nasty work, and you think that's the tragedy. You go, well, this was an attack on my person. This is the most evil thing that this person has concocted. Certainly we have come to the end of his racial violence, but no, he follows it one more time. You hear a gong, you hear a gong, and the equivalent of yeah, yeah, yeah, and a fucking Asian puppet comes from I believe so. And but you don't even get it to that yet because it has on weird fucking like a shield, a mask like armor, and it's it's doing Asian dances and it was a Sai yes, And it felt like he was saying that the whole time. It felt like that. And it keeps taking off more masks. The marionette keeps taking again. I think he's a very talented marionette manager.
Speaker 4: I think he's good at construction, Okay, absolutely, because he put that ass together, he built, he built that ass from he had to test that, he.
Speaker 1: Had to widdow that ass, you know what I mean. Yeah, I think he worked hard on on those puppets. Regardless of that ship pissed me off, and we should tell them that at the end, after unmasking itself multiple times, the Asian at the end turns into a dragon. A dragon. It transforms into a dragon and then flies off because that's who they are inside serpents. Yep, that's what he thinks. He certainly does not see them as human beings. Man. I thought I was like, surely this was like this guy was on loan. I thought. I was like, I do I know that's like a house act. I want you to know. I fuck with the Magic Castle. Yeah, I've been there probably like five six times. Okay, I've always had a great time. This is the first time I went to. I was like, the Magic Castle was asked tonight, and I'm giving it up to that Jewish holiday, assuming that y'all called in the beat team. But I swear to god, if that motherfucker starts being what I see every time, I'm done. No, brother, this was how long ago? Did you go? Month? Yeah, that's about listen. I can get there. I can get the fucking date. No, he had the weekend. It sounds like it must have been. It's also crazy we went to the Magic Castle within days of each other and didn't talk about. Man, we can't start hanging out just for real. I'd like that, I'd be I'd be cool with that, yeah, because we do sometimes. Yeah, but I think we could make it more consistent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we could have gone together. I would have liked to see that with you, because that ship was fucking no. It was a nightmare, dude, I was so mad it was.
Speaker 1: It was a genuine nightmare. I've never had it. I don't know what, but it must have been the same weekend. I've never had a British guy hosting. Uh huh, yeah, it was the same week He was pretty good. He was funny. He was funny, he was funny, his magic was Yeah, yeah, yeah, I liked him. We also saw a mentalist to shut it in. Yeah. I didn't take when they I don't like when they be in my mind. Yeah, get out of there, get out of there. All right, we need to take another break. I think that felt like a long and enough. Yeah, okay, we're gonna take another break. More David more Langston More. My mama told me we're back. I think you must have a confuse with your mama. What else is there to say you shouldn't have mixed ure up? I'll say this if you're gonna get punched in the face. He really, he went for it. It's good to earn it. I liked. I liked how he said it. Yeah, and in a way it endeared me to him more than I think it was supposed to. Yeah, you're supposed to. He's supposed to be a bad guy. That's pretty funny. That's pretty funny. Unfortunately, I always call on the funny side. That's why I like. I think you have me confused with your mama. That's great. Cool. Uh, we we have one more voicemail. We're gonna one last one.
Speaker 15: Here we go, Highlanston, David Kenna Here, this is my fifteenth message. Maybe anyways, I should someone that said that vegetables don't exist because apparently everything that is like the female part of the plant is a fruit. So apparently lettuce is just like leaves and like spinishes, just leaves, but a vegetable does not exist. Like he called the government propaganda because the government is forcing us to believe in vegetables when really we're eating leaves.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, Joanne, are you okay? Fawing? I'm sorry, all right? Uh, I you sound very nice, honestly, too nice. To be here. You sound like you could be doing something with your life. Go outside. You know you don't need to be doing this. I don't know, man, does it matter? I looked it up, okay, and I have some troubling, complicated news. Maybe it's not troubling according to CNN Health dot com. Uh, and that's Copona Noriega Health dot com. We don't want you to think we sold out. Yeah, yeah, we we only trust Copone and or Noriega. We're still tapped in with Copone. Nordy is running though. He's very healthy. No, he's doing great. He got he got new hair, huge teeth. Yeah, bite the ship out of you. You'll bite the ship out of you, and you'll run his fingers through his fictional hair. Uh and I'll say, what what man? I like Norri before? I never I liked him even before there was You said you were a fan of the music. Is a kid? Yeh?
Speaker 8: Super thuck bro super thuck got me Like I remember the video he was wearing all that air of ship like you found nor Man.
Speaker 1: He's in the Philippines and I was like glued to the TV. I was like, I don't know what this is, but this guy gets me. I'll be real, I always knew Norri was slow, That's what I like it. I was like, nah, this is doing it all the way. He just says things you don't supposed to say. He said, whist navigation. Oh, your whips are just carbation, not a cocker spaniel. And I was like yeah, And for that reason, I'm out, and I'm I'm even more than anyways. There is actually no such thing as vegetables as a like botanical classification. Interesting they they are. She is correct that everything else is something other than a vegetable. The leaves of lettuce are leaves of lettuce. The leaves they're not. They are not vegetables per se. Everything else is with a seed is a fruit, and they're you know, so on and so forth, roots, fucking you know, tubers. Yeah, exactly, all of these things are not vegetables. We've just decided to call them that for branding sake. This really doesn't bother me. It doesn't bother you in what sense, so like it does. I don't feel duped.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't really feel duped, because it's like, okay, it was this catch all for leafy greens, Like I just don't I don't feel led astray in any way by that or not being a classification of vegetable.
Speaker 1: I do a little bit. I realize with you, because I think that there's a reason that if this is a made up classification, they would put so many things into it that are not actually healthy for us.
Speaker 3: I E.
Speaker 1: Corn, that's the first one. I think. It is a vegetable, yeah, in definition, but it is truly bad for us. Corn is corn at this point is less of a plan and more of a government to a propagated dog. It's it's a sin. Yeah, corn is a systems. That's not even how the Native Americans had it. They called it that shit had had colors in it and the stuff, and then we turned it into this yellow fictional product, corns of nightmare. It shouldn't exist, and we make all the bullshit out of it. And then we get told that is a alternative to a leafy green, right, and it's not. We get told that's okay instead of broccoli. If it's okay, how come it doesn't break down? How come that come out the same way it went in? Because I eat some broccoli, I can't tell when it comes out. That motherfucker looked different. I eat some corner, you know exactly where time it's gone. Yeah, I think it's uh. I think it's a weird sort of like dangerous umbrella that they created where we suddenly are negotiating with un healthy products. And and I don't know that it was created with that intention, right, Like I don't think they created the term vegetables so that they could trick us with corn. I think that nasty corn motherfuckers saw an opportunity and jumped on the the you know, the bandwagon. Yeah, I mean I get that. I don't know. I just it feels like six and one half a dozen the other to me, because it's like, dude, still know what's healthy and what's not? Sort of but how many? I mean I spent most of my life thinking corn was good for me. When did you actually find out that shit wasn't good for you? Early YouTube, I was watching some corn sort of shit? So what best twenty ten? Yeah?
Speaker 13: Best?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Bro?
Speaker 1: You were you were pretty big by the Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean, Like you were a big man. I was a man that there wasn't a boy left. I had text. Yeah you you had sex when I knew corn was bad? This is information you could have benefited from at a Yeah, I'm not saying I'm not saying it's it's the greatest sin, but I am saying there's something the fairy is happening here. That's fair, that's fair, and it is. They do use it as a catch off for these things are good for you. Uh huh. And it's like, I don't know if you should eat the many olives. I can't tell that's true because you're pretending like, because it grows from the earth, this is okay. But you're also soaking it in salt and brine in a way that might actually be worse for me than anything else I could be eating. Because bro, i'd be buying pickles thinking I'm like being healthy. No, I'll get you, and I feel it.
Speaker 11: I got it.
Speaker 1: I'm scurved up. Pickles make me feel bad. Yeah, I feel bad. I don't know why. I don't know how to explain it. I feel strong, really, Yeah, you be eating whole pickles like that. It's the only time where I'm like that is I do got Jewish blood in me?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 1: Like that's that brow? That's a wickle? Oh evil, I eat a fuck up a pickle.
Speaker 3: That's crazy. Yeah, I don't really even know what to make of that. Yeah, fuck up, that's the most Jewish you feel is eating pickles? I think, So is that your favorite Jewish food? I don't even think about it as a Jewish food.
Speaker 1: It's top five dead are a lot why I think Jewish people take a lot of pride. Yeah, in pickling and pickles in general. I think it. I think I I consider it a Jewish product mostly because of ownership. I respect the process of pickling and that they found out how to do that. Ye, honestly, I like it. I like the cucumbers. Better give me a little cucumber salad. Brother, the typhoon, you know what I'm talking about. Brother, If I had my gun on you, i'd shoot you right now. That's crazy. The idea that you would choose cucumber over pickles sounds absurd to me. Oh, even on sandwiches. I get all the cucumbers. You would you cucumber of sandwich.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like it's a because I'm putting a of shit on there, so I kind of need the structural integrity.
Speaker 1: Oh this is foundation. Yeah yeah, yeah, it's like it's like a as much as as much of a nutrient. It's a building building blog. Here's what I'll say. You got to stop building these scooby doo ass which is brother, come down to sprout and see what they're doing over there. See what they're doing over there. I'm saying that that that in the same way that we are being tricked by a big vegetable to believe that everything is vegetable.
Speaker 11: You are.
Speaker 1: You are are taking sandwich art to a level it's not supposed to be taken. To scale it back. What do you think I'm doing. I don't know, but apparently it needs a third floor. It's just it's because I get a lot of turkey on it. That's too much turkey. No such thing, no such thing to lean meat, so lean meat. See that's the propaganda, That's what I'm speaking to. It's pulled.
Speaker 2: Relax.
Speaker 1: You could have a lot of turkey on the don't let him or anybody else tell you any different, and come in and don't let him come in with their pickle slander. The cucumbers is final. They're gonna tell you to put the sandwich on the scale. You don't have to, you don't have to weigh it. That's not that's that's just a suggestion. You say, I am a sovereign state. Do you not recognize my turkey weighs what it weighs? Bitch? I will be paying for this in cubits, all right, man, I think we did it. Yeah, you gotta get it. You should get one of those sprout challenges. So I would like to drive. Yeah it does. Look man, let's go get sprout sandwiches. Let's kick it. Let's go. Yeah, man, castle see some ship that ain't racist. I would love that, because that ship loved a bad I was like, is this what magic is like?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sucks. I'm really glad you saw it too, though. Yep. We felt it together, and I hope you felt it here with us today. I hope. I hope that felt good for you. And we have some news. Oh yes, we it's breaking news, breaking news.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: First you're the first one hearing it. But we we uh, we are changing networks. It's gonna look a little different, but a little of the same. Yep, it's gonna be the same, two of us. I thought we were all. You gave up real fast, blew it immediate. I really wasn't that bothered by it. Really, I believed in you and you didn't believe in yourself, and we got this out. Nope, keep it in. You need to see how he is. We have a big announcement. The big announcement is we're changing networks, and so we are. We are going to be going down for a little bit likely.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: There there may be a little bit of a dark period, but that's okay because we're still available over on Patreon. You can find those on Patreon. And then we're gonna re emerge like a phoenix, like.
Speaker 4: A beautiful phoenix from the Ashes. Simon Phoenix, Simon Phoenix, Wesley Snipe. What a blonde swoop he was.
Speaker 1: That was the height of his powers.
Speaker 6: He was.
Speaker 1: He was coolest fun that mo. That was about the height of his power. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyway, we're going down, We're coming back. Keep up with us on the Patreon. In the meantime, we still got a few more episodes coming out though. We're just let you know, there's gonna be a regime change. Uh, And we'll see you guys on Truth Social.
Speaker 1: My Mama Told Me is a production of Will Ferrell's Big Money Players Network and I Heeart podcast created and hosted by Langston KRK, co hosted by David Bordi.
Speaker 4: Executive produced by Will Ferrell, Hansani and Joel Monique, Edited and engineered by Justin.
Speaker 1: Kank, music by Nick Chambers, artwork by Dogon Creekley. You can now watch episodes of My Mama Told Me on YouTube. Follow at my Mama Told Me and subscribe to our channel