Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show. Hey, catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze TV.
Speaker 2: Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure.
Speaker 1: To follow us on social media for more from the whole gang at the Rick Burgers Show. Asco America, I sing you Bluegrass Taxi America Operation Midnight Hammer. That's try baby, glen Coe, Alabama's ready, Decatur's ready, Arkansas is ready. Let's go. Pennsylvania Ready, everybody them Conways and Chilton County's ready, Lisbon, New Hampshire.
Speaker 2: He wey go Kentucky.
Speaker 1: You got Caneyville, You got Louisville, Florence, Alabama. The Hawkman is ready, the Rocket City Huntsville, Alabama. Ready to go. Bop tart and Mississippi says Burge.
Speaker 3: I'm in.
Speaker 1: Jonesboro, Arkansas, Scuba, Mississippi, Gunnersville, Alabama, Fort Rooker Ready, Honeana Ready. Cottonwood, Tennessee says gold Balls.
Speaker 2: We ready.
Speaker 1: Welcome to another hour, on another day, another week of the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: I'd be Rick and over.
Speaker 1: Here speedy, Greg Adler, all in for another week, and we are thankful that you are with us active weekend.
Speaker 2: We'll recap it all here today.
Speaker 1: Obviously, as far as headlines, the bombing of Iran over the weekend is your big story in the aftermath of that. We'll break that down today. Everyone's favorite Persian David Nasser. He's been in high demand anytime there, which means all the time when there is unrest in Iran, people are always looking for David Nasser. And I knew over the weekend that he would be in very high demand on every podcasting show you could possibly name today, and David is kind enough to give us a couple of segments a little bit later on, and we will hear from someone who knows first hand what it's like to live under of the various tyrannical regimes in the Iranian history, his family escaping one of those regimes and coming to America. His testimony has moved many and he's been on the Rick and Bubba show many times, and we'll be with us again today, so we will talk with Naser and have his very unique perspective of all things involving Iran. And if you look back over history. We've been dealing with Iran for a very long time and we are doing it again. So we'll get into that. It was a very successful military attack. It was precision, it was beautiful, it was I think send a message to the rest of the world. It feels good to I think this was also something that we've been needing to do for a very long time and send a message to Iran and to our enemies into the world that we are are blessed and capable of doing things that no other nation can pull off. So so that that is that's good. Now, there's all kinds of political posturing, which this was talked about over the weekend, just with even family. There was a time that we could drop politics and all come together against common enemies.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately that time is over.
Speaker 1: Sadly that this making a case against this is just bizarre. You're really you're really on shaky ground. You almost just have to say, well, I just I'm gonna throw a tantrum because I don't like this political party, I don't like this president. So there's nothing they can do that I can ever compliment or say, yeah, that was the right thing to do. But that's all right, and leadership always requires that, even when you have people throwing tantrums on the floor and jumping up and down and you know what they're going to say about you, You you're bold enough to make the right decision, regardless of you know, your any attempt to appease those that you're never going to appease anyway.
Speaker 2: You know, you just have to do what's right, and then whatever happens happened.
Speaker 1: So so we'll we'll unpack that today a little bit. We won't spend the entire show on that, but we we will get uh, well, we'll kind of hit on it a little bit. We'll go to other things and we'll come back later in the show when David Nash's with us, And of course he's going to be speaking to it from a unique point of view and certainly not from politics, but from more of a spiritual component.
Speaker 2: But there's there's a lot of depth to it.
Speaker 1: I've seen some of the things he's already said that he's put out on his social media, So I'm looking forward to that conversation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the same people that are criticizing, uh, the administration about the aftermath and the and and the fears of Iran retaliating and all this kind of stuff. We're not concerned about them having nuclear capabilities. It's kind of funny. It's like the same people you're worried about, if they had nuclear capabilities, they would use it. Uh so, but yeah, it'll be interesting to hear from from NASA. And I don't know where you guys were, Rick, I know where we actually, I know you were over in Pearl Uh And uh when when when I got notification on my phone Trump to address the nation at at you know, nine pm Central or whatever.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, huh, that's weird.
Speaker 4: I'm like, hey, hon, Trump's gonna, you know, address the nation the next we are successfully.
Speaker 2: I'm like, wow, so it's already happened.
Speaker 4: Never mind, good gracious it was, you know, him coming on to let everybody know that it that it happened was up.
Speaker 2: Now. I see my pen over there where I got that pen from right in front? You have this right there? This one, No, that blue one's wine that blue not. Yes, it is over here.
Speaker 5: We have we can buy more pins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, here's.
Speaker 5: About There's enough fighting going on in the world right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you. Yeah, okay, I.
Speaker 1: Just keep your pen out from over here. Then okay, it was laying right there. I was probably over doing something important with him over you are get it. My pen was gone sitting in front of you. That's all I can say.
Speaker 6: All right, where's the label maker? We're going to label everybody's pens. Okay, one's going to say rick on it, and one's going to say Greg.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's all come together, Greg against one common enemy.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: But I was you're talking about where you were, So I was in Pearl, Mississippi, and I definitely want to think those wonderful people.
Speaker 2: And I mean, the the.
Speaker 1: Service is over, the gripping grin is over talking with people and all that, and I mean I'm literally grabbing up what I need to take back with me. And one of the guys who had left came back in the door. I said, Hey, just so y'all know we're bombing Iran right now. And I said, okay, great, so it's on and uh and.
Speaker 2: That was like a and you know one thing I noticed, it's sad. It really is sad that's come to this in terrestrial radio. Now.
Speaker 1: When I say terrestrial radio, I'm talking about I turn on radio station and I listened to whatever is on there. Okay, this isn't streaming, this isn't podcast archives, this isn't YouTube, this isn't satellite. This is what we all grew up on. And it was weekend. Okay, if you didn't have satellite or you didn't have some way to access something that was live. I could not find one radio station that was doing breaking news, not one. Every one of them were playing outdated, old things. They had no update, they had no here's our newsroom. Here, we're now joining this live. Not one radio station. And I scanned all the way home, not one. That's a sad state, it is. There was a time when, of course, you have to as you say, Greg, you'd have to have a news staff to do that. Are someone who could join the network news, you know, via satellite. They have to actually be in a studio to do that. But I did not have any any coverage of it at all in that pitiful So that was any kind of made me sad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that is sad because that's kind of because.
Speaker 1: Of course, then I go to the place you can always trust, you start trying to search social media and all that trustle Oh god, let me tell you everything you like, before you know it, somebod will show you footage right now, I'm watching what's happening.
Speaker 2: And then you look around the headlines. Nobody's reporting that. Somebody just made that up? Yeah exactly, Like here's the Bee fifty two? Is that win? And then you start reading comments, No, that's a I.
Speaker 7: Like what that.
Speaker 1: Here's people right now burning something down. You look, nobody's burning it down.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, here's the explosion of whatever. And then you see now that was in twenty and eleven.
Speaker 5: Or you're like, good night and here and we bombed Iraq? Right yeah, yeah, I heard we bombed Iraq.
Speaker 1: Good gracious, We'll be back. More of the Rick Birdes Show coming up. Okay, look y'all heard me talking show. A lot of people are talking about it. Have become kind of a kind of a handyman, and probably the reason that Brunt has reached out to say, Rick, tell your fellow hard working men about our durable work boot You feel them when you get home. Guys you've had a tough day, pull your boots off, you know, and your feet are just wrecked. You're like, good grief, I knew I had to have these boots today, but but boy, the comfort is just horrible. Well, that day is over because I'm introducing you to Brunt and let me tell you their mary.
Speaker 2: They're Marrin Boots. Good gracious you.
Speaker 1: Talk about lightweight, waterproof, slip and oil resistant. Of course you know, I guess I need that now since everybody thinks I need help getting up and down steps. But they're so comfortable. Really, it's like putting on sneakers, but yet they're work boots. There's no breaking period, there's no blisters. These boots are built for real work and built to last. Over half a million people have made the switch, not surprising. I love these boots fantastic. They've reinvented comfort for the hardest workers out there. And for a limited time, we're going to get you ten dollars off at Brunt by using the code RIC at checkout. Just head to Brunt Workware dot com b are yount Workware dot com use the code Rick and you'll be all set even better. Brunt lets you try all their products own the job, and all their products have free shipping. After you purchase, they'll ask where you heard about it, So be sure you support our show.
Speaker 2: And tell them that we sent you ready to go get.
Speaker 1: The most comfortable workboots you've ever had, endurable and everything that you need in a workboot except the discomfort. Go to brook I mean Brunt Workwear dot com. Bru Int Bruntworkwear dot com. Don't forget the code, Rick. But anyway, so you've been in communications. Yeah, you leave on Wednesday after the show, right, and you'll spend the night Wednesday night this week by the way.
Speaker 2: Speeding just hearing you said, yeah, and then we will go live to you in their home Thursday morning. Do I have all that right?
Speaker 5: You do?
Speaker 2: You do?
Speaker 4: And I will try to kind of give you a timeline update as best I can off of my Instagram account at Calvin Speedy on my story. Uh, and then send some stuff to Adler too.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: But yes, that is the plan.
Speaker 4: And I got a text a couple of them, h from Larry and Kirchen that you know, they're excited and they're sweet, good people and they're just wanting to be good hosts is what they are.
Speaker 2: Well, and when you shouldn't we all have that kind of commitment.
Speaker 4: I mean, there were there, they're even there. Ain't been worried about things like hey, when you get here, I know you're going to be exhausted. You know, I want you to relax, by the way, and they are getting the you won't sleep a wink, but you'll be tired. They're getting they're getting the roast or they either have it or have gotten it and get all the fixings, uh for for dinner on on Wednesday evening. So I'm looking forward to it. Uh and uh, you know not, I don't really. All I know is from the pictures that they sent what things are going to be like. But yeah, you've kind of got the breakdown, right, I don't know what else to do?
Speaker 5: OK.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's funny. Have you all ever done things that you talk about and then they've become real?
Speaker 2: Sure? I know you a little bit of that. And I'll give you a list of those, and how cut a video about one of them? How fun How funny is it? That's funny? How funny is it that this week?
Speaker 4: This week we are celebrating National Patch Day's National Patch Day is June twenty fourth, and which happens to be if you're listening live tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Larry knows that well, I'm sure he does, But I get it's funny.
Speaker 4: I guess I'm I'm the patch person for the staff because I'm going I get all these pictures from the audience that they're going to like different restaurants or whatever, and oh, this will be patch heaven for Larry. You know, Larry, this little location checks for.
Speaker 2: A national pat Wow. I never knew that. I didn't know it needed a day. Yeah it does.
Speaker 5: It needs a day, National Patch Day.
Speaker 6: So you're gonna see Larry the patch collector the day after National Patch Day.
Speaker 2: Correct. Wow, that's not funny. How that just all played out.
Speaker 5: That's amazing.
Speaker 2: It is exciting, walking man, it just meant to be. Yeah, he really loves his patches. He loves his uh led. He's waiting on sled Day. I don't know when it is. Well, we'll find out. I'm sure that's an easy google. I don't I don't understand. Not a lot of sled use in Alabama and Georgia. You know, this is part of the catch. If you bring up sleds in South.
Speaker 1: Georgia and where we live in Alabama, no one even wants to talk about it.
Speaker 2: Nobody owns slid talk.
Speaker 6: Have you noticed that there's that hardware stores will keep sleds year round and you're like, I'm not going to buy one of those because they're like, you know, one hundred bucks for a plastic shell. But then then we get that snow day, and then that guy that runs that hardware store all of a sudden very excited because you.
Speaker 2: Talk about after he's lost all the money on having it in inventory.
Speaker 5: Right right, they put it like put it like out of reach and everything.
Speaker 6: But the local hardware store I remember, would always sell out of the of sleds on on the rare snow days that we would get in Birmingham.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, we never we never even remotely thought slid even on snow days. We slid on things that were just around.
Speaker 2: The house and trash back when you had met Yeah, trash fan had pans, we did. We never thought we would commit to a slid.
Speaker 5: Recycling bins work really.
Speaker 2: Well, right, not not in Alabama. Did I ever commit to a snell. We made, We made stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember one time you remember the big hill where the high school used to be before they of course.
Speaker 2: Away with it.
Speaker 1: Snow day and somebody had you know them old refrigerators that were kind of curvy. Yeah, they had refrigerator door in it looked like a Bob sled.
Speaker 2: Yes, and they would file in it and come and find Yeah, we were let's say that's smart. We were no sled though.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know that we ever had enough snow for a sled to work. It needs a certain amount of snow.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was having to drag my kids through our last snow day on those on the trash can lid.
Speaker 5: They needed some help even down the hills, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the little southern kids don't know what to do.
Speaker 5: I mean, and you so hope that the kids are gonna have fun, but then they get cold. Yeah, and they till they get mad. Yes, they get they get so wet. They don't know how to handle the snows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're you're gonna doubt my memory on this, but I can remember. And we were little, because we still living in Birmingham. Was kids, real little, And the same thing happened. Mom dressed us all up, remember that got us out in the snow, and Greg got mad about it in about ten minutes, Yes, and went back to got too cold, his hands got wet or something.
Speaker 2: He went back to you and Mom had spent so much time bundling, so up to an hour to get outside like Ralphie's brother.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm not mistaken. That's when I dressed. I think I called myself smoke you bear, Smoke you bear, because you have smoking bear had I had the full thing around my face and brown.
Speaker 2: Good time. I've been a minute. So there we go. We're gonna see some sledge too, buddy. Yeah, it's real and encouragement and the fun that that we're having. And thank you so much for that.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: Speaking of that, one of the ongoing themes that everywhere we go, by the way, those of you who and you continue this, uh, it actually took place on Saturday night in Pearl, Mississippi, this thing that keeps coming up involving our mom. Greg Man, I'm telling you, I just I mean, y'all got to get your mom on the show. And I'm just like, yes, guys, guys.
Speaker 2: So yesterday after.
Speaker 1: Church, not making this up Adler speed, no embellishment whatsoever now zero. So Sherry had already said, hey, after church, when we go by and see you mom, and I said, yeah, sounds good. Let's go visit mom. It sounds great, And so we go through church and of course I'd already had to come through, had to work to a little something, got scolded, a little bit, got scolded. Everybody called it on me too. I look, I didn't mean anything by it. It's just, you know, I'm just a good one. You know, this has been very right.
Speaker 2: Let's go to.
Speaker 1: Let's go somewhere in the late eighties, somewhere in the late eighties, early to mid nineties. If you if you and I speaking of strange encounters, if you and I had been, like say, hanging out, and suddenly an angel came and walked up to you and me and said, hey, Greg, you're not gonna believe this.
Speaker 2: One day, your brother's going to be a deacon at the local church. What would you have said? Probably not.
Speaker 3: Angel.
Speaker 1: I know you know everything you got us mistaken for someone else, right, you know, I know angels. I guess y'all don't make mistakes. But I think you have to the wrong people trying to give you credit, right, So, and so that's uh, you know, it's a it's you know me is that's it's an interesting thing. And so one of the things that you know, I've been working on is successfully hanging out the Lord's Supper without spilling it, without confusing the isles. But there's also one thing which our grandmother in heaven would demand every week. But you know, it's become more well easily acceptable now for people to dress what our grandmother would have determined casual for church. I mean, that's it's not uncommon even in the most conservative churches. Now most you'll see a lot of people that dress casual. And and I and I'm one of those people too. When I say casual, I still wear some sort of you know, either dress.
Speaker 2: Pants or you know some you know, I might go with some new genes and if it's like cold, I can't wear them in the heat.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 1: And you know you got your your polo on, your whatever. I mean, I don't come in here with a T shirt on or anything like that. Not that a collared shirt, your collar shirt.
Speaker 2: But tank top.
Speaker 1: But even though the church that I attend is fine with that, on the day of you handing out.
Speaker 2: The Lord's Supper, you're supposed to wear a jacket. Okay, yeah, and.
Speaker 1: As a deacon, not that ment the church, just as a dec and so I have neglected to do that the last couple of times. Not because I'm being defiant. I'm just I just forget. And I get to church and I'm like, oh, I got to do the Lord's Supper today. No matter how many emails they sent me, no matter how many texts, it's not on me.
Speaker 2: It's not on them. I mean, it's on me.
Speaker 1: They give me plenty of reminders, plenty. I just you know, speedy, that's not surprising to you all. So this this, uh, this this particular week, the head of the deacons put in there and everybody agreed it was directed at me, and they are correct.
Speaker 2: I don't deny that. Do not forget to wear your jacket, Rick, And they didn't say my name, but I know it was directed at me. Okay.
Speaker 1: So anyway, so I wore jacket Sunday and and and I'm pretty successful on getting the elements out and all this. Even got a text from the worship leader thank you for the jacket. May give me a little bit of a hard time, And I said, uh, just have a servant's heart, or in this case, a servant's suit.
Speaker 2: So anyway, so we're going by.
Speaker 1: After we got through all that, walk walk into mom's little cottage where she lives in her little community, and I walk in and Mom looks up and she goes, okay, well I have to let you go okay, And I said who was that?
Speaker 2: She was Greg?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I said, well on a Sunday. She goes, oh, Greg calls me every day, and look when she this is the face Greg cast me every day and puts your phone down. And I said, I said, Mom, can I just take this thing on? What Greg calling you every day? You can't count Monday through Friday. I'm impressed with Saturday Sunday. I'll even. But I said, look Greg's doing. I said, you remember how Dad started acting when he had grandkids. She said yeah. I said he kind of turned into an old man trying to get into heaven. Yeah, and she said, I said this is Greg.
Speaker 2: I need all the helping. Greg's trying to amend for how bad he was.
Speaker 5: Oh that right?
Speaker 2: And I said all the headaches he gave you and all the problems he gave you. I said, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't feel an obligation because I was a good kid, right, And I said, you know it's a little boy.
Speaker 2: Was no trouble. I wasn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't cause the trouble that Greg calls. I said, I said, this is Greg knowing that he's lived longer than he has left to live.
Speaker 2: And I said, and he is. He's trying to make amends and he's grabbing for straws.
Speaker 6: And because of Rick, because of Greg's commute, those the weekday calls don't.
Speaker 2: Count, that's what you're saying.
Speaker 5: Really, so he really just calls his mom twice a week.
Speaker 2: Correct, Rick's incorrect there, But okay.
Speaker 5: Now how long are these calls?
Speaker 2: Greg's got an hour? Twenty?
Speaker 1: Now, I will say this, if you have thirty minutes, if you don't have aging parents yet, you know there are no short phone calls anymore. There are.
Speaker 5: Thirty minutes is a long time. And if I got to give you that, if you.
Speaker 1: If you make the mistake of saying to your agents, so how are things going, then go ahead.
Speaker 5: That's a hard thirty that you even if you've heard it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and you're done talking, by the way, it's it's monologue.
Speaker 5: Now, okay, Rick, I'll say all this is wise.
Speaker 4: Remember we went over Greg and I went over to Rainbow, Omega to their campus, and you know that's probably what thirty five minutes from where we were sitting like that.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: And we were getting really close to the exit, like literally an exit away. And I called Greg and he said, oh man, I'm sorry. I was talking to mom.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and I'm.
Speaker 4: Thinking you've been on the phone this entire time. He goes, oh yeah, so I know that was thirty minute calls.
Speaker 2: I mean they're not at all thirty minutes, but at least I will tell you this. I stayed. I stayed yesterday an extra hour to try to combat it. Look, okay, I was, I will leave you in the car and jacket. Yes, I did, because it was blazing out. It was a thousand degrees even tuning. Somebody help me, I said, Oh, I said, okay, so this is how bread feels. Yeah, yeah, yeah, somebody there.
Speaker 6: Went to my grandma's house yesterday with the kids. I didn't realize this, but when I got in the room, my mom actually turned down the thermostat and I was still roasting.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, she turned it down to seventy five. That was notorably down. And my grandma was wearing like a down vest on. My grandma. It's an oven in here.
Speaker 2: We are, rolls, Larry. It can't be hot. It can't just about seventy eight, Can I tell you something weird?
Speaker 1: And I'm trying to look at the transition because this weekend, Lord willing you know, unless you know it gets too dangerous. We're supposed to go see my oldest son, a second oldest child and his wife and they live. They live in New York City, So Sherry and I are going to see them for the weekend, and we're kind of we're excited about that. But I was looking at the forecast in the city and it's going to be one hundred and one Wednesday, seventy eight eight on Friday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was what was interesting that you said, what is that you get through Wednesday?
Speaker 4: I was caught a I guess a weather forecast segment and they were talking about it. There's about a five or six day stretch where it's gonna be hot, but then there's gonna it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Cool off again.
Speaker 4: But let me ask you, are we getting into that? Please understand when I say cool, are we getting into that?
Speaker 2: Cool? Down?
Speaker 11: Here?
Speaker 2: Is that strictly in northwest? Let me let me do this too. I'm tired of this.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, hey people, it's it's summer and it gets hot. It's nothing new. We got weather advisories, we got it's always hot in June July.
Speaker 2: What are we talking about? I don't know what is the deal. We got to have an advisory for I thought the storm's coming, Thank you. No, I know it's hot. If you get too hot, go back in the house.
Speaker 10: Can I it's not.
Speaker 2: I mean we're supposed to got what do you what do you do?
Speaker 4: It's going in the nineties to the eighties here, Okay? Can I can I tell you that you know what this is about, Greg?
Speaker 1: You know this about weather people, weather people, whether they'll get hot, whether they will admit it or not. And I've heard some of them, some of have admitted to me privately it's clickbait. I'm not gonna click on it if you don't tell me something scary. If you just tell me it's normal summer.
Speaker 2: It's always hot in the summer in Alabama. The year was nineteen eighty three. Come on, the year was nineteen eighty three, and it's the end of June's forty two years ago. Okay, forty two years ago.
Speaker 1: No one gave me a heat advisory when I was doing two a days at Troy and it was a one hundred and ten degrees okay, the heat index.
Speaker 2: We had someone die.
Speaker 1: At practice over at Auburn, which is not far from where we were, and we had someone dying.
Speaker 2: On the field where I was not one heat advisory.
Speaker 1: And if you'll remember, and I think I think we still do it today, that's where the heat time out came from. My senior year in high school. Robab was the first year, because it was that year ye're talking about that they come up with the little heat time out. No, you're right, because your your senior year was the fall of eighty three. Yeah, yeah, right, and that see we just come out of the summer of eighty three.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But hey, guys, I got bad news for you all. It's June. It's gonna be hot for a while. It's just gonna be hot. I don't need to be advised of it now. Damn.
Speaker 5: Is it gonna be humid too? It's yes? And a deep South?
Speaker 10: Is that what you're saying the Rick Burdger's Show.
Speaker 2: All right, So a lot of us have been we we've been sold on.
Speaker 1: Hey, here's how you do your retirement four oh one k, all of these things. But you being lied to wall Street insists the only way to have enough money to retire is to put your life savings in one of these things that just isn't right, or maybe an IRA.
Speaker 2: A and you know, roll the dice, you know, Wall Street casino.
Speaker 1: But but if if that were true, why do the studies show the averaging American, the average American following that advice is going to outlive their savings by staggering ten years. And even the man who invented the four O one K you know this says it's a monster that should be destroyed. So are you being lied to max out your IRA, max out your four oh one K, and then they make you beg permission to use your own money?
Speaker 2: Have you been through this?
Speaker 1: Well, there's a better way. It's time to get the truth and discover a better way to grow and protect your money. Bank on Yourself is the proven retirement plan alternative banks in Wall Street desperately hope you never hear about. It gives you guaranteed predictable growth and retirement income guaranteed. With Bank on Yourself, your plan doesn't go backward when the market tumbles. Your principal and growth are locked in tax free retirement income you'll know your tax rate retirement because it'll be zero under current tax law, which protects you from the coming tax tsunami. How about this built in inflation protection. Your money's guaranteed to grow by a larger dollar amount every year in both good.
Speaker 2: And bad times. And also you're in control.
Speaker 1: You get access to your money for emergencies and opportunities with no questions asked, no begging the government or government penalties or restrictions on how much or when you can take it out. So when you use your money, it keeps growing like you never touched it. I tried doing that with the four oh one k or an ira let me go and tell you can't. So it's time for you to go to something better. You can get a free report that reveals how you can bank on yourself and enjoy tax free retirement, income, guaranteed growth and control of your money. Just go to bank on yourself dot com slash r b s get your free report that's bank on yourself dot com slash r b S.
Speaker 2: So we'll talk to him about that.
Speaker 1: He has a very unique perspective coming up a little bit later on, so we'll talk about that. We've we mentioned the bombing over the weekend. We can get into that a little more too. Also reminds you that it is Larry Quest week. Speedy will go to Larry and Carolyn's home Dublin, Georgia coming up this Wednesday, and he'll be live from that from Patch Paradise coming up on Thursday's program.
Speaker 2: That's real, buddy, yes, so real.
Speaker 6: So just for anybody that's not familiar with what's going on, Speedy is going to a random listener's house that collects patches, right, and that's how we met them. They called us asking if we have any patches to send them and they're also also they're not murderers.
Speaker 2: That's no, and he was he let me know that again. Well that's important. That was what MdeR That was what a murderer really tell you. They rarely do. They rarely know something do tonight. They don't. They don't wear like you know, name tags underneath their name. Murderer.
Speaker 1: Well you got if you hadn't asked me that question. But since you did ask us, I actually they had to ask you. Just you know, say you're out for a jog and some strange person keeps following you. Rarely do they admit it. Yeah, Hey, I just like to know why I'm jogging.
Speaker 2: Are you a murderer? No, I'm good, keep going, Yeah you good morning.
Speaker 1: No, I'm back here, and don't think anything that I get closer, we get to where the woods get thicker. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And the reason why this is such a big deal is because this is a first for any staff member. We go spend the night at some we need to make a habit of it. Now that we've never met in person. I'm just saying, maybe one and done is a first.
Speaker 2: Don't you think starts a new thing?
Speaker 12: Greg?
Speaker 1: Yeah, keep rolling them dies, Greg, what about this? I mean maybe they Hey, guys, what's the next thing? Guys will let you know. In a couple of weeks, we spend the night with somebody else.
Speaker 5: Yes, Speedy buys me. Lunch is the thing we do this month.
Speaker 2: Speedy spends the night lunch slash. Speedy sleeps over doing a venturation. Hey, go doing advinger ration and then.
Speaker 5: Go home with him inside. It's so good, all.
Speaker 1: Right, be honest, be honest. And somebody s put this up on the text line and I looked, it's just terrible. Uh. If you were to meet Larry are you to meet Ted Bundy? Oh wow, you would probably think, I tell I go Ted Monday. I would, I'll have lunch with Ed was known for his charisma, Yes he was.
Speaker 2: He'd win you over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if that didn't work, he'd have a fake cast on to hit you over the head with it. Not hate, not a bad personality.
Speaker 5: Makes you can tell Joe Rick not just to murder.
Speaker 2: He put him on the head doing things you're like, really walking talking, demon possessed man.
Speaker 5: Yes, so that's not wait Speedy's going no.
Speaker 2: No I'm not no, no, no, keeping.
Speaker 1: But he did share something that we do need to say. He is going to spend the night at two people's houses. He doesn't know, that's just it only met on a voicemail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've had I've had some phone conversations common Yeah. Yeah, yeah, it's great. But you're right.
Speaker 4: They were introduced to us because they called your office voicemail to tell you week one their patches collection.
Speaker 2: Week one. We had only been doing this show for about a week.
Speaker 1: Yes, when we when we worked from there and wanted just to the cat. We had not been on this show very long speed at all. Right, And then on that footage this is from their house when the news did a story on them and cat ran through the shot.
Speaker 2: He's so serious right there, Yeah, I know I did see the cat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then now Carolyn says, the cat's gonna be on the back screenport right there.
Speaker 2: Look out, look at that sweet couple, Carolyn.
Speaker 5: There's such a there's such a cute, sweet couple. And definitely not.
Speaker 4: Of course not of course, not so anyway, So that's there, and we won't try to run that in the ground. It's just the first so and it's it's National Patch Day tomorrow, that on the week that I go over.
Speaker 5: That's that's just it, just that.
Speaker 2: When you saw that, though there's no kind of sign serious.
Speaker 4: But I know and I know y'all wanted to go, but uh, there's just no way multiple staff members could leave during the week and and pull that off. Now I have, I do have friends that are in the law enforcement field. Going you clearly need somebody with you. But so I'm not worried about the two of them.
Speaker 2: So we're good. We're good, and and.
Speaker 4: I'll let them know when we're leaving and get there Wednesday evening and have dinner with them. And I'm sure look at patches, and I got some patches to bringing.
Speaker 2: I don't forget those. Do not forget those. I know I even thought about putting them in my truck. Do y'all do that?
Speaker 4: Like if I have, if I've got to bring something or whatever, I'll go while I'm thinking about and put it in the truck.
Speaker 2: I need to go put those passes. And then what about when you're done with it?
Speaker 1: But it's something you're taking back home and you forget you ride around with it for like months, every time I go to the back seat, God, let's take that to house and the listener will remember this. It was a very kind gesture. We had vox Seats give us purple worms because of Dad's love of purple, the plastic purple worm. And I knew that I would never get them to the farm if I didn't keep them in my truck. They were in there so long they melted.
Speaker 2: Oh no, purple. It was a big glove of purple.
Speaker 1: But but I did salvage some of them, and I did finally get them to the farm last week. But if but if I left them in there on my desk, they would have never made it. I would have I would have walked up to the farm and then went. You know, I hate when you get then you forget something, you start dogging all stupid. So so anyway, they're not going to spike my drink. So and they are going to serve speedy roast beef.
Speaker 2: So that's good. Yeah, yeah, and that what you're happening. Yeah, bring your own bottled water. Hmmm, take your chance, take your chances to get some micro class life. And they're drinking glass and you wake up. It's two days later.
Speaker 3: I got.
Speaker 2: What happened. I don't feel quite right. I know what happens.
Speaker 3: The lower back hurt.
Speaker 2: God, I got. They're a sweet couple. The word precious they are. The precious is what they are there, a sweet little couple. I don't know what that is. We had and he knows we're kidding.
Speaker 5: So he knows we're kidding around about him being a murderer.
Speaker 2: You know, have you had anybody maybe from that area, Oh yeah, to give you a heads up? Ring there? What if? And they all just disappear?
Speaker 1: You know, because think about how much we want to think about how much we want references, we're not we're not even remotely getting references.
Speaker 2: No, Rick no.
Speaker 5: One.
Speaker 2: Guy who stopped by him had to go buy him some black and Miles the the guy that when he said now his pastor did he send a text to text nation? But or is accomplice you? Are you going to church with him Wednesday night? I don't know. That's a lot mo there's a lot of moving parts here. I don't know if I can get there in time. The Greg, I know that you were excited about at the NBA Final. Sure who was in it?
Speaker 1: Look at you, Rick, that would be Oklahoma City? Uh in Indiana? Okay, how about that speedy?
Speaker 6: You like that?
Speaker 2: That's not bad. We share, not bad. Sharing like our updates have helped y'all.
Speaker 1: Sherry and I were having dinner last night and I noticed over her head where we were that I saw them doing the build up. I said, oh, I think the NBA Finals are tonight. And I said, I got to know right now, share, I want to look at you right now. Tell me a team that's in the NBA Finals. And she looked at me and she goes the Celtics And I said, you know.
Speaker 2: What, that's not bad. That's the team that's the way to I said, you sound like you sound like Greg.
Speaker 1: But anyway, I said, no, baby, I said, there's no way you get these too, There's no way, no under zero circumstance, because you get these right. And she said, I said, I'm gonna say them to you. Howbout how about Oklahoma City in Indiana? She goaes, I didn't even know they had teams. Yeah, And I said I didn't either. So so anyway, so there you go. I found myself and I guess I'm ojoed Indiana. I guess I was kind of of those two. I found myself driving. It looks like that they get the thunder blew them out in the game. Look, I found myself being pulled toward Indiana a little bit because I don't know why. I just started kind of thinking about it, and I thought, well, where do I have a tie. So you know, Brody's in laws, his father in law is from Indiana. Rich Wingo is from Indiana. Brody my son pulls for the Indianapolis Colts.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: So I said, okay, I think i'll go with you. You're in, I'll go with Indiana. And of course I'm mojoed them and they got the.
Speaker 2: Bad Yeah.
Speaker 1: So there and oh, Tiger fans l m L s U baseball fans, they don't play no game good LSU in general, their fans are pretty intense. But the m L s U Tigers sweep So Carolina. Yeah, and the best of three, they swept them to win the College World Series. And I think that's their second one and three years.
Speaker 2: Go Tigers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I hated it was a little game two. Uh, the final game was a little tainted. And I hated it because nothing against L s U. They still want it, and probably I just hate when umpires do what they did, And I mean they got a little they got a little sensitive, and they kicked Coastal's head coach and first assistant out of the game in the first inning of the College Series Game two. Yeah, apparently the first base coach was barking from his coach's box and the homeplate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he didn't like it. Yeah, he got he got tripped, and yes.
Speaker 5: Look at him rawly kicks his leg up in the air like whoooo.
Speaker 2: Nobody knows what we're talking about, guys. Is the the umpires?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Whenever they so that happened, and then they looked to the dugout and and gave them a warning and the coach said, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: And then he pointed down.
Speaker 4: To the first base box where the base coach was hollering because they felt like they had missed some some calls. And the head coach stepped out and said, you've missed three. In other words, you've missed three calls so far in the game. It's only the first inning home played on by I said, you're out, which I thought was a little quick. And then the umpires come rushing in to try to protect the home plate umpire and one of them either flopped or tripped on one of the other umpires or something fell down and made all dramatic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, were you just hate that that with that happened, That's what they were talking about. It looked like he really flopped. Looked a little bit.
Speaker 2: Dream you know.
Speaker 1: They become a little bit drama queen ish lately. Yeah, I do want to ask you about one thing I forgot. Yeah, I want to ask y'all, and I want you to shoot me straight. We have to be honest with each other here if we're going to help each other, right, okay, Yeah, you know, And unlike Tom Cruise and a few good men, I can handle the truth. Okay, do I seem feeble? You am I getting more feeble that.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't say.
Speaker 2: Do I get around pretty well?
Speaker 6: I think you've get There is a difference, you know, sometimes you can struggle to get around but still not be feeble.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 13: So I think you do struggle to get around, But I don't think you're feeble. I mean, you know that's a compliment. Because I actually had lunch with a childhood friend. I mean, I'm talking that we've known each other since we were tiny. Okay, it's not like I mean, And he and I both agreed we're about the same age. I'm a little bit older than him by a couple of months. And we sat down for lunch.
Speaker 2: We get we see each other maybe once or twice a year, okay, okay, and we'll try to catch up.
Speaker 1: And so we were doing full blown we're here for the long haul. I don't have to be anywhere, You don't have to be anywhere. We're talking to or done. And the first thing that we addressed, because he said, and I agree, he said, you realize that up to sixty, I think we're able to make a case that we're not getting older. He goes, there's no there's no painting sixty. He goes, I mean, if you're sixty, you're an older man, Okay, And we both had to just deal with that, and we just sat there a minute.
Speaker 2: We just resonated.
Speaker 1: We pictured ourselves when we were young people who said they were sixty and how it felt.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But anyway, so this happened, and I wasn't going to bring it up because I think that it was all coming from a good place.
Speaker 2: But it started kind of get in my head a little bit.
Speaker 1: So anytime you go somewhere you know, and you're greeted by the host of the event, it's always a great thing to get to know them.
Speaker 2: And we talked.
Speaker 1: So I'm walking in with the senior pastor at park Place in Pearl, Misissippi, and he said, if you want to after we have something to eat, if you want to take some time to go over your notes, pray, just have some quiet time, you can use my office. That's pretty common, that's not abnormal, Okay. So the minute we went to his office, he turned down a couple of steps. He said, now watch the steps now, and I didn't think think about it watching step there was nothing there because I thought, maybe these are precarious steps on the drive get you, maybe they've knocked some people down. I didn't think anything about it. Okay, kid, you not we go all right, So let's go in here for the mic check. Okay, come into the sanctuary. You look around. Here's your headset. I have to I always ask for two ears if it's possible. I'd rather have a handheld mike. If you don't have two ears on the headset, these one ear headsets, I wrestle those like there's.
Speaker 2: Some kind of animal attack in my head. I can't keep them on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so anyway, if it's not two ears, I'd just rather have a handheld or I'll just stay behind the podium. So I'm sorry the lectern on the podium right So anyway, that guy's gonna be very proud of us. So there's steps going up to the stage. Hey, watch those steps right there. There's no rails. I kind of looked and I was like, yes, okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: That's two STAPs. Protection that's two steps that he's warned me about. Okay. Then then I think, well that's got to be it. Hey, when you go up virtue, the lectern there's a rug right there, don't trip over.
Speaker 1: It, and like any of this guy's this real trip sensitive what's going on? He worries about it by tripping. Well, there's two things, three warnings. Yeah, I mean, am I does he.
Speaker 2: See me as like a.
Speaker 5: Dramatic lights on stage?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: I think I think I can maneuver these steps in this rug. I really do.
Speaker 4: Like there's one of two things. And you alluded to it, the the the warning because he's worried that that's kind of it. It could be though, Hey, these have given us fits before, and it's easy to missive or fall, you know, so just a heads up because well it's either that or you look like you could fall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's one of the two. You may have just been having one of them days. It's one of two.
Speaker 4: I mean, it could be that maybe the rug has given people fits. And he's like, hey, both steps and the steps, and I'm not worried. I don't know about the steps. Watch your step.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He literally said, there's no rail, there's just three steps up to the stage.
Speaker 1: That all it is.
Speaker 2: Did you not have your legs under you after the long drive?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: You know, when you get out of the gates. I think your gate is a little misleading. Somebody text nations, I think you walk.
Speaker 2: Somebody who text says, I walk like there's rocks in my shoes. There you go yeaheah.
Speaker 6: I think your walk is a little misleading. It looks like you I have a struggle, but you're strong. Yeah, you just don't walk good, right, okay from strong as.
Speaker 2: You just don't walk like it. Yeah, you don't walk like So would you give me a warning? Would you say? Ey ey? How old is the singer Pastor? He's probably I don't know. He thought he was probably in his forties. Oh yeah, he was concerned. He thought you were gone. Oh he's just being at yellower.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe fifties, I don't know. He had he had great hair, Like did he have any probus of the stairs? He did not, And and and it's like I was people like well, and I'm like you know what it felt like? You know how sometimes you like we all have these people that we remember when they were younger and they're still speaking and you're bringing them back. You're like, hey, this is a guy there. Because I no longer considered the hey, you know this, you've heard of this guy. Now, it's like is he still alive?
Speaker 12: You know?
Speaker 1: And and so and so it's almost like, you know, you bring them in, but you think, hey, they've been around a while. We need to we need to escore him to the up there, to the elector and you know this, just let's be sure they're steady.
Speaker 2: I was like, I still move around the stage and all that. I'm good. So he wasn't your age?
Speaker 6: No, Okay, that's different because I was thinking if he if he was, you know, when you're speaking and sometimes there's like you know, the glow and the dark tape and a guy who even have like a flashlight on the ground, like pointing at the steps, which I appreciate that guy.
Speaker 5: You know, I've had that guy before playing drum gigs and stuff like that. Was that kind of lights.
Speaker 2: We're not turning the lights off every steps we approached.
Speaker 1: He warned me about them. Everyone watch you steps looked a little unstable that Hey watch that, Matt.
Speaker 2: I can pick my feet. I think I can get over a mat.
Speaker 6: You need to probably start saying like I got a bad ankle, but I still work out.
Speaker 5: Everybody.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me ask your question. People that are you dragging your feet or are you picking them up? Because that could be another thing.
Speaker 4: He might say, Hey, we got a dragger, you know what I mean, you're yeah, that might be he thought, maybe you're dragon workout and stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know you need to tell people that.
Speaker 2: And the workout includes like box steps and things of this nature.
Speaker 5: Walk around for us real quick. Let us check your.
Speaker 2: Walk, yeah, I mean walking like a bad walk from the drive and sitting down to them almost the break.
Speaker 4: I just want to see if you may be maybe you're not picking your toes up. And he felt like you were going to drag it on that rug.
Speaker 2: That's probably it. Yeah, oh yeah, no, ye for a while. Oh, I didn't know you drug your foot. Well that just then I did too. That yeah, a that that floks dead. I mean it's been dead. Watch that rug.
Speaker 6: Hey, hey, there's there is a thing right there straight up there is about that you stopped before.
Speaker 2: I was worried. Yeah, maybe we getting them dogs. It breaks you fall. Oh yeah, if you had a doll where you're in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now I realize I got to add to the things to consider, and when I come to speak, be sure there's no treacherous steps. So There's been a couple of times that we've talked about a topic then realized we left something out or we found out new information. So we mentioned we mentioned l s U won the men's college Baseball World Series. Congratulations Tigers. Tigers coaster Carolina, who was kind of a darling of the series outstanding baseball team.
Speaker 2: Their coach was tossed. Was that game too, you said he at the press conference.
Speaker 1: We now have it because those of you that haven't seen it, and I had not seen it until until we got to work today. One of the umps falls backward and he makes it look like the coach may have put a shoulder into him or something, but that's not the case. And so the coach is saying, I'm going to own what happened to me if these things are true, but I am not going to own this guy falling.
Speaker 2: And he explains all that. So is this you? Yeah?
Speaker 4: And this is the press con anything over here from Adler. He's just rolling b roll. But the coach was asked, Okay, what happened from your perspective?
Speaker 14: No, would be an eleven point seven coach, the twenty eighth pitch of the first inning, were you warned prior to it, and then I know the homeplate umpire kind of turned his back and walked away, where any words shared from him to you.
Speaker 7: Afterwards, there's twenty five thousand people there, and I vaguely hear a warning issued as the head coach, and I was assistant for twenty four years, and as an assistant you're almost treated like a second grade, second level citizen and you can't say a word. And now as a head coach, I think it is your right to get an explanation of why we got warned. And I'm forty eight years old. I shouldn't get showed by another grown man, right So when I come out to ask what the warning is, a grown man showed me. So at that point I can now hear him say it was a warning issued for arguing balls and stripe. And at that point, I said, because you missed three. At that point ejected. If that warrants an ejection, I'm the first one to stand here like a man and apologize to words that the Fine Art program.
Speaker 10: Or own it.
Speaker 7: And what does that mean is you have to own You have to own everything that you do without blame, without defending yourself, without excuses.
Speaker 10: If you guys watched the video.
Speaker 7: There was a guy that came in extremely aggressively, tripped over the camp post, is foot, embarrassed in front of twenty five thousand, immediately goes two game suspension and said bumping the umpire immediately does that There was no bump, he was embarrassed. I shouldn't be held accountable for a grown man's athleticism.
Speaker 10: Now it's excessive.
Speaker 7: And the reason why it was excessive because I was trying to say I.
Speaker 10: Didn't pump him.
Speaker 2: It is what it is.
Speaker 7: But if that warranted an ejection, man, it'd be a lot of ejections. As an umpire, I feel like it's your job to manage the game. The National Championship game was some poise, some calmness, and a little bit of tolerance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I uh, I can't be held responsible for his athletic ability. Yeah.
Speaker 6: He did come in hot and then he just kind of fell backwards over his own feet.
Speaker 4: It looks like it's a uh, the other the other umpire's foot he tripped over, and he tried to get in between the behind the plate up and the coach and then and then he tripped over the other umpire's foot. Yeah, yeah, and but and then, like a drama queen tried to claim he was shoved or pushed what by the are bumped by the head coach and the head coaches.
Speaker 2: I did not bump him.
Speaker 1: He just fell over somebody's feet and he got embarrassed and he tried to blame me for his lack of athletic ability.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's hilarious.
Speaker 4: But Coastal had quite a run. I think they had won twenty six twenty seven in a row, I can't remember the number. And then LSU swept him in the in the final championship series. So congratulations to LSU.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, As you see it when he was arguing with them and you're looking at the stands behind him, LSU fans.
Speaker 2: Are doing this.
Speaker 5: Second we go.
Speaker 2: Uh, here's uh. Bird just comes from Zach.
Speaker 5: Zach.
Speaker 2: I think you're all right, don't. I think you're good man.
Speaker 1: I guess this happened with us discussing when you guys gave me You've been so supportive lately. You gave me a hard time about checking on, you know, a friend of mine, to be sure it's car cranked, and now it's got it seems to have launched me in everywhere, wondering, wandering us to make rulings on whether.
Speaker 2: Something was gay or not.
Speaker 1: Okay, so here's Zach and I don't this is new. I've never heard of this. Hey bird, Hey bird, Hey Zach. A bit of a dilemma here. Love milkshakes. You guys are talking about National Milkshake Day. I love I love milkshakes. I usually get one from Chick fil A every summer they offer a peach flavored milkshake. I've thought about trying it several times. That one thing has always stopped me. I can't shake the feeling that it would be a little gay. Growing up, the only people I knew who drank the peach milkshake were women, So maybe I have a skewed perspective. So would it be gay for a grown up man to drink a peach milkshake? Or am I safe to try it? I love to get your guys opinion, especially Greggs, since he seems to be a gay expert.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure what that means. Well, you're not sure what that means.
Speaker 1: They're just saying that you can make a call or something. Because you said that about my breakfast. The first month of the show. Yeah, yeah, so that he's just saying, you make a call. I've never heard the peach milkshake tied to lack of masculine I.
Speaker 2: Will say this.
Speaker 1: Let's say there's a meter here. This is who way feminine. This is not femine at all. He's a little ride of center. It's going to it's not, but it's looking at it, it could be feminine. So if we're if we're at the drive three, not much, but I might go we got a peach teak seven chocolate, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we're all screaming milkshakes to you. You're driving, and we're all giving you our order. You're at the drive through, and from the back of you here, I'll take a peach one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just get a peach ice cream.
Speaker 1: That's better, alight, all right, let's let's let's have Addler order the peach, and let's all order and let's see how it sounds.
Speaker 5: Let me get one of those peach.
Speaker 1: Let's let's start hearing you be last. Let's see how it sounds. I'll take your chocolate. I'll do oreo peanut butter. I'm not saying it's complete, but I.
Speaker 5: See where now.
Speaker 2: All right, maybe the guy's point, because you really had to butcher up to make it work. It's not it's not complete sellout, but it's yeah.
Speaker 1: The disorder that when nobody's with you, and if nobody's with you, you're good. Okay, just don't do it with the guys there it is. He can try, but it's got to be so exactly.
Speaker 5: Maybe with your wife it would be better.
Speaker 2: Even you'll be getting hers because she probably had one. Oh that's good.
Speaker 5: I'm just getting one because he's getting one. You know, I just want That's what I said. I want to pitch one.
Speaker 2: You're mister t I don't know. Somebody said that. They agree, They said, sorry, where you are, French toast is fine unless you ordered a cracker bery. Yeah matter.
Speaker 10: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: A bombing.
Speaker 1: Expedition to Iran. It's incredible to watch these b two bombers leave Missouri. Uh. We all the all that it took to make it was it seven thousand something miles uh to these targets UH in Iran, drop these uh bunker busters and then get all the way back to Missouri.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I didn't lose anybody.
Speaker 1: I don't even think a shot was fired and all the people then that that went through this, and then we launched you know, these other missiles from submarines that were four hundred miles away. Just incredible show of force and also preciseness and technology that is mind boggling. You know, just what it takes to refuel you know, one in the air.
Speaker 2: Is amazing. To keep on track.
Speaker 1: As you said, they didn't talk a whole lot at all because you know, they wanted to go in undetected, uh and they did so, So why don't we go to three here?
Speaker 2: I think that that's a good one to start with based on what we just said.
Speaker 1: Here's Pete, heg Seth and he's he's he's talking about what Iran must be thinking after they realized how this was done here.
Speaker 15: It is of almost any American if you had an opportunity to watch it in real time. And I think Taran is certainly calculating the reality that planes flew from the middle of a Mariaara and Missouri overnight completely undetected over three of their most highly sensitive sites, and we were able to destroy nuclear capabilities.
Speaker 5: And our boys in those bombers are on their way home right now.
Speaker 15: We believe that'll have a clear psychological impact on how they view the future, and we certainly hope they take the path of negotiated peace.
Speaker 5: But I could not be more proud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really was an incredible feat by military. Jd Vance Video two. Adder does want to make it clear, and you hear this a lot, that we are not at war with Iran. But let me tell you what exactly we are doing. So here's Vice President jd.
Speaker 5: Vance And the second thing is Kristin.
Speaker 11: I certainly empathize with Americans who are exhausted after twenty five years of foreign entanglements in the Middle East.
Speaker 5: I understand the concern.
Speaker 11: But the difference is that back then we had dumb presidents, and now we have a president who actually knows how to accomplish America's national security objectives.
Speaker 10: So this is not going to be some.
Speaker 11: Long drawn out thing we've got in. We've done the job of setting their nuclear program back. We're going to now work to permanently dismantle that nuclear program over the coming years, and that is what the President has set out to do.
Speaker 2: Simple So and then here here is Trump.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to play all three minutes of it, but he is telling Iran that they have a choice and what they want to pick right now, and he makes it crystal clear.
Speaker 2: So here's the president.
Speaker 12: A short time ago, the US military carried out massive precision strikes on the three key nuclear facilities in the Iranian regime for Doe, Natanz, and Esfahan. Everybody heard those names for years as they built this horribly destructive enterprise. Our objective was the destruction of irans nuclear and richment capacity and a star to the nuclear threat posed by the world's number one state sponsor of terror. Tonight, I can report to the world that the strikes were a spectacular military success. Iran's key nuclear and richmond facilities have been completely and totally obliterated. Ran, the bully of the Middle East, must now make peace. If they do not, future attacks would be far greater and a lot easier. For forty years, Iran has been saying death to America, death to Israel. They have been killing our people, blowing off their arms, blowing off their legs with roadside bombs, that was their specialty. We lost over a thousand people, and hundreds of thousands throughout the Middle East and around the world have died as a direct result of their hate. In particular, so many were killed by their general Cassem SOLEMANI. I decided a long time ago that I would not let this happen. It will not continue. I want to thank and congratulate Prime Minister, bb Net and Yahoo. We worked as a team like perhaps no team has ever worked before, and we've gone a long way to erasing this horrible threat to Israel. I want to thank the Israeli military for the wonderful job they've done. And most importantly, I want to congratulate the great American patriots who flew those magnificent machines tonight, and all of the United States military on an operation the likes of which the world has not seen in many, many decades.
Speaker 1: So there you go, and he says, Ron, it's simple. You can either have peace or there will be tragedy. There'll be more of it, Adam. I think we can get four in real quick video with good audio of the bombers actually taking off, and you can hear the cockpit radio audio, which is really cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's really cool. You can hear what they're listening to.
Speaker 2: Bom bom bomb, all right, by my man. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: So so anyway, there's other things we can say about it. But when we come back, David Nasher, who actually is Persian and his family escaped to one of the many tyrannical regimes that have ruled over Iran in modern time, and we'll.
Speaker 2: Get to his perspective.
Speaker 1: You hear his story and we'll talk a little bit about where do we go from here. You know, there's many spiritual aspects to this as well that he can speak to, and we'll have him with us when we come back. If you're leaving us, don't forget to grab that today on the podcast or YouTube arcap.
Speaker 2: You don't want to miss that conversation.
Speaker 1: So he's in pretty high demand today as you can imagine, and kind enough to spend some time with us, and we'll talk with him when we come back. If you don't know how to get the show live or archives on your own time, you can find all that at rickburgessshow dot com.
Speaker 10: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: We're not spending the Whost Show on it.
Speaker 1: But obviously the bombing of Iran over the weekend has all of us educating ourselves again on this long, long history with Iran and Israel and America and the West, and it's been going on a long long time. At one time, if you go all the way back in history, as Netan Yahoo has even referred to, you know, Cyrus the Great, the Persian actually became an asset for the Hebrew people, and net Yahoo has longed for a return to good relations between the Persian people and the Hebrews, and it has been a long time since that has been the case.
Speaker 2: David Nasher joins us. Now, David, welcome back. How are you, sir? Welcome to the rick burgership.
Speaker 3: Man. It's good to hear your voice, buddy, I know, and I'm.
Speaker 1: So proud of you for slowing down a little bit. And you know, you and I were discussing. You're you're involved in so few things now, you're like the rest of us. I don't think we were ever you know, God may may not, may call us to different things, but the concept of retirement can't really find that in the Bible. He may move you to a new thing, and you may not be always doing the same thing, but we're supposed to continue to work until He calls us home or return. So you're definitely doing that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, man, absolutely, I want my life to count, you know, and when God put a call of ministry on my life, he never gave me an end date, you know, on this side of heaven. And I'm just so honored. Honestly, I'll say this, I'm humbled and surprised that God continues to give me just incredible assignments. And so, yeah, it's good to hear your voice.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 8: I was thinking about Rick, how when I lived in Birmingham, you were such a gift to me. You were a friend, and man, you're my accountability partner. We'd get together for lunch and talk about big things, important things. You'd confront me, I'd confront you, and man, what a gift you've been in my life. And this show has always stood for the truth.
Speaker 3: And so thank Yeah, Bro, it's good to be back on.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is, and definitely miss you. So let's do this for the audience and kind of do a reset you are. You know, I introduced you as everybody's favorite Persian. You and your family. You know about these militant regimes firsthand because in nineteen seventy nine, I know that your dad can speak to it when he was still with us, more than even you. You were only nine but it left an imprint on you. Your life actually came to America seeking asylum from a horrible regime that was running around at that time. So tell us your story for those that may not know it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was born in Iran, like you said, and in nineteen seventy nine, when the Iranian Revolution happened, basically the Islamic regime took over our country.
Speaker 3: And when that.
Speaker 8: Happened, my family and I escaped from Iran. My dad was high rank in the military, and so our lives were in danger, and we eventually ended up in the United States as legal immigrants under political asylum. And so I was a site Muslim by heritage. We weren't really that devout, but a complete fish out of water coming into the United States. We moved to Texas to an army town during the Iranian hostage situation. So people were watching on TV how Iran was burning the American flag, calling America the great Satan, how they were shouting death to America in the streets. And here we were, this Iranian family that had moved into a military town in Texas, you know, in the middle of all that. So I say always that I was a wedgie waiting to happen. You know, for years, I was just this outcasted kid. I mean I went to school every day, heard every nickname, every seven eleven joke, every turban joke. I got called beaned dip. And I'm not even Mexican. I was like, you're not even accurate in eurracism. You know, we'd escaped halfway across the world to honestly come here and come looking for refuge as refugees, but it didn't feel like a safe place.
Speaker 3: And for years and years that was me.
Speaker 8: We eventually moved from Texas to Alabama. I went to the Stavy Hills by the way, and one day my dad, feeling sorry for me, gave me an extreme makeover for high school. And my high school years became the years where I just learned how to wear the right label, end up at the right lunch room table, how to dump the right girl before she could dump me, you know, how to climb the social ladder. And I played high school. And it's so true where it sayn't the Bible, what good is it for a man to gain the whole world but to forfeit his soul? Because on paper everything was so much better, but in my soul. I was just as empty as when I was a nobody, you know, in school. And so right after high school, one day a buddy of mine invited me to church, and I didn't want to go to church. I told him that I had a bad taste in my mouth about religion and how I was Muslim by heritage, but not even a good one. But he kept on me about going to church, and I eventually went to church with him, and for the next eight Monday nights in a row, these Christians came to my house and witnessed me, you know, and it was amazing, Like every Monday night, one week it would be John three sixteen. You know, God so loved the world that he gave his only son that if you believe in him, you want pairs, but have eternal life, lock and load. Next week they'd come back and it'd be John fourteen six Jesus says, I'm the way, the truth in the life. No one comes to the Father but by me. The next week they'd come back and be He who knew no sin became sin, so you could become the right sisters of God. And every week it would be the same message, a different you know passage, and they would show me that I was a sinner in need of a savior. And so after eight weeks, one night I was at the church Cha's Mountain Baptist Church by the way, and man, I heard the gospel from doctor Carter, and I went home to try to get away from it, but it just kept at going in my spirit. And I was eighteen and two months old the night that I became a Christian. And so I became a Christian at eighteen. And my parents were never devout as Muslims until the night I became a Christian right and then they disowned me. And I moved in with seven guys, six guys that lived in a one bedroom apartment right there in Vestavia Hills, and Charles Billingsley.
Speaker 2: Was one of them, by the way, how about there, and all.
Speaker 3: Of us old guys, young guys moved in.
Speaker 8: This house, and man, within the first five months, I saw my sister coming to the Lord. And then five months after that my mom became a Christian, and then five months after that my brother Benjamin, that God just made fearfully and wonderfully down syndrome. I became a Christian, and then two and a half years later, my dad became a Christian and so yeah, that's my story. Man and God is just really a testimony of the power of the Gospel to deliver people out of religion gone wrong.
Speaker 1: So the Persian people, and I want to be sure and get that right, because a lot of times we call them Iranians, and you certainly don't call them Arabs. It's Persians and the Persian people outside of whatever tyrannical regime is in control. What's the view of the Persian people of the United States if they had the freedom to express it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think obviously I can't speak for ninety million sure in Iran, but I would say the overall sin And this is what I'm hearing from people who are actually allowed to go back to Iran. My family and I are not allowed to go back to your ow we escaped and were wanted there. But that said, I have friends and I've met journalists before and people who've gone to Iran. Even tourism right now in Iran is actually growing, and people who've gone to those historic sites and they come back and tell me that they're surprised at how many Iranians come over to them when they realize they're Americans and say, hey, we just want you to know we love America, We're for America.
Speaker 3: We think America is awesome.
Speaker 8: And so I would say that the overall sentiment from what I'm hearing is that most Iranians love Americans, but maybe have a high view warm regard towards Americans, but are more critical in their view of the politicians and the politics of America because they felt that the weight of these things and the way that they're being explained to them is that, hey, America is the greatest contributor of putting these sanctions on us.
Speaker 3: And so when you're.
Speaker 8: Waiting in line for two hours for a loaf of bread and you're only sanctioned a small amount of gas even though for your car, even though the entire country sits on oil, and you're fifty percent of the nation is under the poverty line, you know, you just begin to realize that so much of that can spray on their sentiment towards the American government. But you know, we see American government as like you know, Democrat republics. To them, it's a little more just like whoever's in charge of America is making life hard on US, and so I would say they're critical, and they're towards our politicians and our political views, but incredibly warm towards us. The best stats that I know about them, Rick, are about fifteen percent.
Speaker 3: Of Iranian are hard line anti American.
Speaker 2: Fifteen I would say.
Speaker 8: I always say, when those people shout death to America, you better believe them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I want to talk about that. Yeah, I want to touch on that when we come back.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, we got one more segment we're going to spend with David and we're going to get into that.
Speaker 2: So thank you for that insight.
Speaker 1: More with David Nasser when the Rick Burgess Show continues, and we'll do that right after this with the regime, not the people, to take out Israel and if possible, America, Great Britain.
Speaker 2: Should these threats be taken serious?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Absolutely.
Speaker 8: I think they've They've shown over and over again that they are funding terrorism, they are conspiring towards more evil and terrorism, and they they genuinely believe that they're pointed by their God to you know, fight evil, and they believe we're evil. And so I always say, anytime someone says death to America, over and over and over again.
Speaker 3: You should believe them.
Speaker 8: Now again, fifteen ten percent of the people of Iran, and they're the ones who get on the TV the most because if it bleeds, it leads, right, and they're the ones who end up in front of the cameras. But that's fifteen percent of Irra audience. The rest, I'd say eighty five percent of the people in Iran. They want peace and prosperity for everybody, and they want democracy, they want a new regime. They want to see this Islamic regime overthrown because it's terrorizing them and terrorizing.
Speaker 3: The rest of us.
Speaker 8: And so yeah, I think we have to take it seriously. Now that said, no God loving Christian wants war. You know, no one wants to see bombs thrown, you know, on buildings that could accidentally take the life of children or innocent families. But it is important in times like this to distinguish the difference between bombing you know, nuclear sites versus just bombing a nation.
Speaker 3: And I think that's what America did. Now I am going to.
Speaker 8: I choose to believe that this is because of intelligence that they had that I'm not prevy to, because they know that that comes with risk because again, fifteen percent want to harm us an eighty five percent don't. But the fifteen percent that do rick, they're the ones who are organized. They're the ones who are weaponized, you know, They're the ones who are mobilized. And the eighty five percent of the Iranian people that are good people, they are not mobilized. They are not they do not have, you know, the tools that they need to fight. But I think it's got to be the kind of thing where we're helping the Iranian people overthrow this evil regime, yes, you know. And one of the ways we could do that maybe is just even by the way that we help I know Elon Musk is trying to get startlingk there, but you've got to have a receiving box, you know. Is to bring back communication so that people can fight this revolution with their iPhones in their hand and tell the great stories as well and communicate as well. Another one is to work with the shaft Son, you know, the Palavi family about helping bring stability if the government is overthrown. He's not looking to come back and be the monarch and be the king. He's looking to come back and service nation, so that then the people can have an opportunity.
Speaker 3: To vote in who they want to be their leader. But I think it's a robust strategy that we can be a help to.
Speaker 8: But I as an Iranian American citizen who was born in Iran, I saw what happened the other night as not a bomb bomb bomb bombomb Iran, beat my chest happy moment, but as a heartbreaking moment, but a necessary one because it is godly to rise up against evil. It is godly to stand up for those who can't send up for themselves. It is godly to protect the innocent. And I think bombing those nuclear sites, one of them being in Esfahan, the very city I was born in, bombing those sites prevents us from greater damage and greater death.
Speaker 1: So looking at the population, I heard you say that sixty forty or younger.
Speaker 2: Is that correct?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 8: It's a young nation, and so you've got young, audacious people. Every great revolution in the world in history, whether it was Tenements Square, the Iranian Revolution in nineteen seventy nine, every great revolution in the world, even the American Revolution, was led by audacious young people who are willing to just swing, you know, throwing the end zone and Iran as a young nation. You've got over ninety million people and sixty percent of them are under the age of forty. And by the way, they're looking around and they're realizing that religion isn't working. Those troubled places in the world, by the way, are the most religious places in the world. And you're talking about a place where because of shre Charia law, because of you know, just the tyranny of it all, they've done more damage than good in the life of people. I mean, I read a sat the other day where there are over a quarter million prostitutes in Iran.
Speaker 3: Because women in the middle of all of this Charia law.
Speaker 8: Are at the hardest hit, like so much of the poverty that's happening and the destruction that is happening. And you've just you've got you've got a nation right now where drug uses is rampage, you know, so much sin, and it's a remind not just on that side of the ocean, but here that religion doesn't really fix anything.
Speaker 3: Religion is destructive. Redemption is hopeful.
Speaker 8: And ultimately, by the way, what Iran needs ultimately is not a new governance. Ultimately, what Iran needs is not a revolution but a revival. But I do believe that the young people of Iran are probably more open to revival than ever before because they've seen how religion doesn't work. So what an incredible chance for us to see the church in Iran thrive. By the way, the fastest growing church in the world is Iran.
Speaker 10: That's great, the underground church.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, well, David, thank you.
Speaker 1: I know everybody's after you, and thank you for giving us time today, and it's so good to reconnect. And I hope that this you and I can start keeping in touch again like we did before. And glad that we started that with this conversation today.
Speaker 2: I love you, buddy, love you two man. Thanks for all you do for the kingdom.
Speaker 1: David Nassar taking time to be with us today a very unique perspective on all that's going on with the country and of course the Iranians, the Persian people themselves, where the fastest growing church in the world is underground and that's always where.
Speaker 2: The hope is found.
Speaker 10: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Show Speedy this week and is Larry Quest. Do not miss Speedy heads out Wednesday. Spend the night with Larry and Carolyn, and we'll go live to Speedy on Thursday's edition of the program. As Speedy goes to stay the day and the evening with Larry and Carolyn.
Speaker 2: How much do y'all wantject? Well, how much do y'all want me for me? Thursday? I just Larry and reb you feet or something. You're tired somebody rubbing it?
Speaker 5: You're a guess, Yeah, you're his guests. That makes sense, y'all do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's Speedy. You want me to rub those those toes for you? See Now y'all got him rubbing my toes and he's a serial killer.
Speaker 5: Those things are true.
Speaker 16: Can meet those tired pappy, Sorry, Larry, living dogs are barking head dogs at.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he's only he's even trying to Larry.
Speaker 6: Should we send Speedy off like at like the last segment of the show on uh, we's see on Wednesday.
Speaker 5: We could give you hugs and everything you know, goodbye hugs, you know, just in case.
Speaker 2: You'll never know. I will tell you one left and we never heard from m again. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 5: That's very.
Speaker 3: Sing again.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's just a funny show, Larry. He said, I ain't.
Speaker 5: Made you never showed up.
Speaker 1: Greg Greg that once again that dateline guy which his name and every key something, what's the d L.
Speaker 2: Wrinkles?
Speaker 1: So Speedy thought, here's another opportunity to bring laughs to an audience that had been laughing in for years. What happened next no one would ever forget. When they said goodbye to Speedy on Wednesday, no one knew it would be the last time they would see him again. I will tell this on Wednesday. I don't do bro hugs. I'm gonna hold you a little.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna get a real hug.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna put my hand on the back of his head as a hug you. I'm gonna hold you a little. I'm gonna hold you a little longer if you don't mind. Larry. Larry and Carolyn were the brand new guests on the All New Rick Bridges Show, and everyone loved them. But what they didn't know would change everything. A minute, I'm laughing, we're in a bit.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 1: Everybody's new favorite character. But what the audience didn't know would change everything.
Speaker 2: Bring bringing The audience thought it was about Patches, a.
Speaker 1: Patch collector on a voicemail harmless by all accounts, but what was discovered next would change everyone's life forever.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, everyone's life forever. But wool even stand outside and like wave to you and ever it'll be fun.
Speaker 2: Look for me to hold you a little closer and a little bit longer some reason.
Speaker 1: The next day, they fully expected to hear Speedy live from Dublin, Georgia, but what they heard would haunt them forever.
Speaker 5: Do they know that you're supposed to go live? Because to them it will be what time?
Speaker 2: Six?
Speaker 5: At five am?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Is that how time sounds were?
Speaker 6: Ye?
Speaker 2: I mean, but y'all don't want me going live and staying with y'all the whole show.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, people are gonna.
Speaker 2: Get really tired that we.
Speaker 5: Know we want you timing in the whole time. From there, try turn much Larry, Larry, not that Flarry who it is.
Speaker 1: Greatest segment and then the first is the dumbest second right right, Greg, Wow, this is dumb.
Speaker 6: I love it.
Speaker 1: Patches, challenge coins and the bizarre obsession be sleds all innocent enough, all right, but what was at the heart of it? It was something much more sinister.
Speaker 5: You need to let them know you're going to be live with us the whole time.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm not going to be live the whole time if people start saying you're a bit with that. Okay, I'm sure you will.
Speaker 5: Y'all tell me too. By the way, please, Okay, that's what I thought. That's what I was afraid of.
Speaker 1: The dinner they served, Speedy, no one so coming. He thought it was a roast beans, green beans. He was eating a good Southern meal and a good Southern meal. Nothing, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. But what we discovered now was something much more sinister.
Speaker 2: He loves the word sinister. Oh that's good.
Speaker 5: So it's gonna be fine. You're gonna have a great time. He's going to be a good bit.
Speaker 2: This kid. Nothing to be concerned. I take my mine back. Okay, this is Larry.
Speaker 16: Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, This is Larry co. Hello, this is Speedy call cell phone.
Speaker 17: K Okay, okay, Larry. I cannot wait to see what call. He can hear you, he can hear your you're lying.
Speaker 3: He loved that you joke about it.
Speaker 2: Good good.
Speaker 16: You know we're gonna have a good time together, Laurens, y'all is the sweetest little thing.
Speaker 2: We're just having a good time.
Speaker 3: And Carolyn's right here.
Speaker 2: Hey, can good morning. How are you today?
Speaker 10: Go ahead?
Speaker 2: Oh, I can't wait to see y'all.
Speaker 3: E the We're excited.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have a blast. Yeah, you forget these guys. We're just gonna have fun.
Speaker 3: I'm not paying any attention to there you go.
Speaker 2: Did you hear how she said blast? Yeah, we're gonna have a blas. Hey, we're gonna set up and I'm bringing headsets and everything for y'all.
Speaker 3: Yeah on the radio?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I know you were just calling myself, but we're live in a segment, so I had to answer.
Speaker 10: I wasn't sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know what, We're gonna have a good time and I will I will text y'all when i'm rolling your way on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Okay, y'all be prepared now bringing the lotion. Wait a minute, thank you guys. All right, by the way, Larry, are you is your growing here? At helling? Is your is your burned area healing? It is all better the way you said that, the way he said that's great.
Speaker 5: That's all.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: I appreciate y'all and we'll talk to you later. Okay, Yes, sir, I sent you a text.
Speaker 3: There's a.
Speaker 7: Yeah song, look here that on your on your laptop right now.
Speaker 2: What's the songle Dogs Dogs Dogs?
Speaker 5: I alight dogs Dogs Dogs.
Speaker 2: I will into that at it we gotta go. He's just still talking. Speedy went from Challenge coins. When they're eating, they canna be listening to Dogs.
Speaker 10: Dogs is the Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 1: A little farewell send off for Speedy. So anyway, all that's happening this week. It is an active week on the show, a brand new hour. Now, thanks for being with us.
Speaker 2: We've covered a lot.
Speaker 1: If you missed any of it, be sure you catch the podcast archive every day or the YouTube archive and catch any parts you missed on your own time on our podcast. Be sure you're following all the podcasts we do the daily archive. Also, go out and get Strange Encounters episode fives out this weekend.
Speaker 2: Be sure you're following that. One of course, Rick and.
Speaker 1: Bubba's greatest hits in Radio Gold episode twenty three of that, so enjoy them. In another week so we'll be cranking out. Another episode of Strange Encounters.
Speaker 2: Will come this week.
Speaker 1: We'll get that out again this weekend, so we're doing that right now. So when thanks for your feedback on those that are already out there.
Speaker 2: So people are.
Speaker 1: Asking, can we play the song dogs and Dogs known that that Larry wants. I think he's sending you a message. Uh in here somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't. I haven't have you? Have you listened to it at all?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Could this get us canceled on the archive? Adler? I don't know what did he say? It goes like this, dogs dogs Dogs. It's a different one. There is a version of that, but it was a pleasure with only the same dogs, dogs dogs? Was it by see.
Speaker 5: Donald? Did he say Donna Quante?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Something like that.
Speaker 5: That's not pulling up for me?
Speaker 2: Donald something dogs dogs dogs? Yes? Three dogs? Oh?
Speaker 3: By who?
Speaker 2: Larry?
Speaker 5: You're killing us, buddy.
Speaker 2: Someone's name and I don't remember what it was.
Speaker 5: I thought you said Donna Quante, and so.
Speaker 1: I spelled that, But I don't know. I see one here, but this isn't it Donna. I don't think I would play this one. I've got one pulled up this by Doggie and the Dogs. I ain't playing that. Here's another one by long, Well, careful, it doesn't look good.
Speaker 2: What was the name of the artist, Adler.
Speaker 5: I thought he said Donna quante or with Donnie? Was it, Donnie Coo?
Speaker 2: I find nothing. We should have talked about this in the break, Donnie Osmond.
Speaker 9: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't want to. I see nothing. It sounds dangerous. Dogs dogs, dogs song, Pink Floyd dogs.
Speaker 5: I really wish the chat would be it would help me out. But they're they're not Dan.
Speaker 2: Crog No, not dogs. It's dogs. It's three dogs. They're saying, Donna, Donna quante. That's what Donna quante? You said, Sandra, I.
Speaker 5: Said, Donna said, I said, don I said, I said, I said, Donnie, and I got it.
Speaker 2: I got it, you got it. No, I got the quanta quantia. I think q u A n t I a nothing. That's Donna and her last night. Ye dogs, Donna quantia.
Speaker 5: I found it?
Speaker 2: You did? Yes? Yeah? Are we daredevil?
Speaker 5: I haven't haven't had a chance.
Speaker 1: Let's jump the ramp. Come on here, we gosten. Let's just see what happens. Dogs dog it's different, not the right song.
Speaker 5: G that's that's not the song. Right, all right, Hold on a second, I got a lot going on here. I have not listened to one second of this.
Speaker 10: He says.
Speaker 2: What he said, he.
Speaker 5: Got dogs slamp dog.
Speaker 2: All right, so he's lyrics. Well, I'm worried about them.
Speaker 5: What's that noise ringing all around?
Speaker 2: Is that what they referred to as another Norton sound.
Speaker 16: It's like a three rings circuit star and four legged clowns.
Speaker 5: And we're just guessing this offect because.
Speaker 1: They have the once over ground Helen Waller start didn't count hitching to get out of the rush for it.
Speaker 5: Whatever the calls love is all that happy race. It's already cheaper somber please what he very?
Speaker 2: You look?
Speaker 13: It's just dogs, doll dolls, noses to the ground, dolls, doll.
Speaker 6: Anything to do with sledding and dogs. It's all about sledding dogs.
Speaker 2: No, no, don't you touch me? No, no, no, no, he says, dog. That's one of our favorite songs.
Speaker 1: He's obsessed with that race. Guys, did we now call him Larry the dog Man? He's transitioned completely from patches and challenge coins to this, but transition realize the Champion Dogs letter is actually from Alabama. Probably don't say that he's one that did run.
Speaker 5: I know, Greg, we know get a ride Greg?
Speaker 2: What I said? What he runs completely transition.
Speaker 1: It's completely transition to sled dogs. Oh yeah, Rick can't get enough of them? Okayn't even he brought a patch up.
Speaker 6: I don't know when it wasn't worth us, like frantically on the air trying to find No, it was not. That's not like anyone I'm going you're going, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did Donna sound like a dude when it's supposed to be Donna? Something done? October? All right?
Speaker 1: Uh, let's go to Chip Carry h Chip Carry major League Baseball. I've just gotta why are you doing that?
Speaker 2: Kyle? You want this? Can we play this? We just played his misspeak? Yeah, you're gonna play all right? Yeah? On the list? Nobody enjoy the story on the list. This would be me.
Speaker 5: No, you actually have done this exactly.
Speaker 2: That's one of the reasons why I said I have it. But get ready what he misspoked. Let's be honest, get ready.
Speaker 1: On Pride Month, any reference to the item flag should probably just be.
Speaker 2: Removed from mean he just everybody knows that that's nobody thinks that is it? Is it?
Speaker 5: Can you hear it?
Speaker 2: I can't wait to hear it.
Speaker 5: Is it pretty obvious? Yeah, it's not that obvious.
Speaker 2: Okay, his attention was not to be did you say that?
Speaker 9: We know that he talks through it, but yeah, Disability Pride Night is Thursday. You're like that with the theme ticket Fans Take on Me, Cardinals cat featuring the Disability Pride fag flag and Cardinals in Brail details and Cardinals dot Com.
Speaker 2: Steve, I didn't know he was talking about.
Speaker 5: Month or whatever. It's Disability Pride. Hey, listen, I quiet.
Speaker 2: This was the broadcast. Nobody said it.
Speaker 3: Thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: It got so quiet. Nobody said a word thirty seconds. I'm so I said a minute. It feels like thirty minutes.
Speaker 5: Still, I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 2: Quiet, picture of this being us.
Speaker 4: Still silence, nothing, there's no I don't know if they're laughing.
Speaker 2: They haven't said a word. They're trying to like they're probably laughing and got their headphones. Can you edit that one?
Speaker 1: That one guy guys And again he's not in trouble so he shouldn't be. He just said a word wrong. He had no intent. It's funny what did consider what he was talking about that made it?
Speaker 6: Yesibility Pride Night, that's what it is brought in, right, Disability Pride.
Speaker 2: Now, let me get this right. So it's a disability Pride. Now, what's that mean?
Speaker 5: Disability Pride?
Speaker 2: I guess if you, I mean, if you got gay, no, let it, let's have it. Nobody help him? Is it disabled? Is it disabled? I'm gonna no, Greg, I don't think I think it is. It's not. I need to hear the read again to hear what's going on. There's the rainbows on it.
Speaker 5: That's thinking.
Speaker 2: It's just no, that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 5: It's not.
Speaker 2: Can wait play it?
Speaker 5: I don't think The.
Speaker 9: Disability Pride Night is Thursday, July tenth and with the themed ticket fans take on me Cardinals cat featuring the Disability Pride fag flag and Cardinals in detailed.
Speaker 2: The Cardinals embraille. I think, I think if you are disabled and lb G T that's what I think.
Speaker 1: I'm afraid there may be something here. I'm not saying that's it what. I don't think it's just people who have disabilities. It's gay people who have disabilities.
Speaker 2: I think that's what you hear what I say.
Speaker 5: No, I know, but I don't know if that's gay pride be I'm I'm proud of it. And then disability pride would be I'm disabled and proud of it.
Speaker 2: No, no, you're disabled and gay? That's what Are they covered though? That's what say. But what I'm saying is, but isn't that covered under the You would think it would be point.
Speaker 5: I'm just trying to tell you.
Speaker 2: I tell you were I didn't want to believe it. I just just but what I'm discussed this because that made it even funnier. No doubt about that, No doubt about that.
Speaker 1: But listen, I thought, but if you have disabilities or what and you and you are l G B t Q, aren't you under that canopy of the whole month?
Speaker 2: I think so we are we are reaching in.
Speaker 1: We're just are we reaching in and say we're gonna take one night and we're not just going to recognize people with disabilities only gay people with disabilities? Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you sure that's well? It was okay, it was fat pride now for fat people that are LGB No, I do think different. I do think everything in June goes back to that. Are you sure?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 2: If not, it would be disability awareness not I'll tell you what.
Speaker 6: You do.
Speaker 5: You have fat pride, and that's fat people that are proud of it.
Speaker 2: No, that's not what it is.
Speaker 5: And then you've got gay pride.
Speaker 1: Is one thing I wonder instead of like a bable you get that. You're saying that anything you're social with pride in June they take Yes, I think so.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 6: The fact that it's in June, July July, it's July July is disability pride.
Speaker 10: But just show.
Speaker 2: So, all right, Greg, I was wrong, Greg, let's clarify.
Speaker 11: Greg.
Speaker 2: The message wasn't clear. Greg, You're there's no such okay, there ether? Are you going to survive this? Okay?
Speaker 9: I was wrong.
Speaker 5: Pr We're now laughing.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're all hurting. Greg, you really doubled down to.
Speaker 8: Me.
Speaker 2: I missed the month they were talking about. I didn't know they were talking about July. I know that John that changed his everything. It's confused.
Speaker 5: Let me something you hear.
Speaker 1: There was rainbow colors on the thing. I know, Greg, guy's gonna say that. Actually in pink it said. Okay, I was wrong, but and I didn't mean to. But I drug all y'all with me, and I think I was so convinced.
Speaker 2: You know why I was.
Speaker 1: I really thought, let me say something let me tell you something, Greg, out there, you died on that gay disability heill and couldn't eveybody get you.
Speaker 2: Off of it? And and it was in July.
Speaker 1: But even in July, Greg was still clinging by pointing to confusing logos, and they are confusing. Yes, if I could tell the disability bunch all this different colors for different disabilities, you basically have created a rainbow.
Speaker 2: And let's stay away from the color pink. Well, I missed there. Now I'm looking read. Now I'm looking at the read. It doesn't say July tenth any bigger than it does. I mean, it's huge. I don't know it.
Speaker 10: Was great.
Speaker 2: You can see how that can be confusing admitting now that I was in correct. So it's a faded out rainbow kind of is what it looks.
Speaker 5: Disability pride what.
Speaker 2: This moment, this moment, I actually have a flag like that. That's walking. Greg.
Speaker 5: You need to clarify what you said and what's actually true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm let's not be in disrespectful. This is just what I thought.
Speaker 1: I thought that it was Pride Day for disabled people that are remember of the l g by QP lment op.
Speaker 2: No. I don't remember upsetting people.
Speaker 1: Now, Okay, of that community, Let's say I and I thought that, I mean, we got all kinds of days. I thought it might have been in now I thought that we were missing. But what it was that the flags are very the same, a lot of rainbow.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The fact that you thought that category was possible, well, you're right.
Speaker 5: I thought it was that too. For a second, Greg, you even convinced me.
Speaker 2: But it was guy, you're convinced. I'm rarely wrong.
Speaker 8: So what was it?
Speaker 2: And what what did you think it was? What do you think it was? I told you what I thought it. Greg, I want you to clari for what it is. Though. It is about disabled a disability pride yes speed because in July and I didn't know that either. And plus I didn't know what to day's date was, okay, and of course what speedy calls diabetes pride yes okay, And now the misspeak didn't help any That.
Speaker 5: To the confusion got me.
Speaker 2: Thank you, alcohol. I was down. I thought it was a Freudian slip.
Speaker 5: And things have gotten so confusing. We're really just trying to figure it all out. This is real time. I wasn't trying to lives.
Speaker 2: That's just the way it looked to me. And they're looking and for everybody. I don't want the emails. I apologize. You are just like a skip carry or whatever his name is. Yes, I can't imagine that thirty seconds. I can't silent what they were doing. I can't figure which one Greg will get most that he what what group?
Speaker 1: Do you think what he's done is I got to after minute? Unfortunately he's in. He's now got to two groups after him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh my gosh, Half Pride not just getting Now to our defense, we didn't create the confusion. The confusion was there and we were trying to figure it out. Now, we probably should have paid attention day because that's they say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that completely the fourth of July.
Speaker 1: If we off, if we ever stopped shooting from the hip though, this show will cease to be entertaining.
Speaker 2: I thought they were going to get bibble heads that night. Look you not hear me right? Half that half I didn't listen to nothing. I got me. That was not before y'all credit me with that. That was I'm just saying, that's how confusing it was.
Speaker 6: I was waking confused and with it we call it Pride months. We call it Pride month. We thought we thought the word pride.
Speaker 2: I did feel dirt hitting us as we record and edit things out.
Speaker 5: We're live, We're just we're just.
Speaker 2: Trying to figure it. And I wasn't trying to be funny.
Speaker 1: I really thought I was right, But now looking back on it, that even in today's world, that would.
Speaker 2: Be I disagree with that. I disagree with that. That's the only thing I disagree with anything. I think right now. You can't take anything off the table.
Speaker 1: Now you might want to get it right and check your dates, but I'm saying you can't get you can't take anything off.
Speaker 2: And I'm almost to be honest to here. I'm looking at this breakdown of the disabailed Pride flag. It's to work. It's confusing, right, some of.
Speaker 6: It right, because there's red, yellow, blue, green, black, all representing different types of.
Speaker 5: But the white y'all the white. Greg makes a great point.
Speaker 2: Seeing that we're doing Rainbow Omega in August. Nothing we got that, we got a lot d It has nothing to.
Speaker 6: Do with them, well, but the white on the their flight their thing says invisible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is that? I would like?
Speaker 5: What's an invisibility.
Speaker 1: Everybody here has got that one invisible and undiagnosed.
Speaker 2: Cay, put your finger on it. But some's not right. If it's and you haven't been diagnosed with it, how do you know you?
Speaker 3: I would like to move on.
Speaker 5: Just correct.
Speaker 2: I was back to you took that through that right in the middle of everything. Well I did. I wouldn't have because that's normally what they do. They give you know who was in he's got I think.
Speaker 1: I think the fires out of hand, gasoline holding person you're not helping.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't know, but now that I know, I'm I'm so terribly sorry.
Speaker 1: Okay, was just they were singling out a certain community, Greg, So you have now made sure that you've cleared it up and you were passionately wrong.
Speaker 2: Yes, and but we see where the confusion came from. Yeah, but I didn't realize that so that close. But now I get it. I get the whole thing too.
Speaker 6: And in the spirit of us learning the ADA, the Americans with Disabilities Act was signed in the law in July.
Speaker 5: Nineteen ninety.
Speaker 2: Okay, got it. And that's straight people too. Yeah, disabilities. Doesn't you have to go back to the deaf college.
Speaker 5: And how all that started coastal Carolina? Was that a coast of Carolina thing?
Speaker 2: No, we played that last week.
Speaker 5: Remember, Oh yeah, deaf President now or something.
Speaker 2: I think the Ada and all that kind of started it is.
Speaker 5: That's right, it is and we're learning.
Speaker 10: Yep. This is the Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 1: Hey, Rick here from the Rick Burgers Show. Join us tomorrow, brand new show. Our guest frank Calliendo, Yes, a fan favorite. We'll find out what's going on with Frankie and opportunities for you to see him live on Tomorrow's Rick Burgess Show. You just heard the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show. Catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show on Blaze TV