Speaker 1: Quiet Please, with Mel Reed and Kira Dixon is an iHeart women's sports production in partnership with Deep Blue Sports and Entertainment. You can find us on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back to Quiet Please. Kire here alongside mother of two Mel reads.
Speaker 3: Hi, two's a lot. Two is a lot.
Speaker 2: You know, I've heard going from zero to one is fun, but zero are one to two is like going from one to one thousand.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Yeah, it's a lot. Listen.
Speaker 4: He's doing great. Thanks, He's so down cute, so he gets away with it. But he's had a few gas issues recently, so I think that his digestive system is just growing and getting used to things and the milk and stuff. So he's been a little bit unsettled at times. But we've had a good couple of days, so fingers crossed, things are starting to turn a corner. But yeah, Kai is just constantly got his hands over his ears, like why is he crying?
Speaker 3: But everything's great. Kyli's doing great.
Speaker 4: He's sleeping great through the night, which we cannot complain. And Kai is just obsessed with him, like he's obsessed, like just wants to nuzzle him, kiss him, just obsessed with him, just wants to give him his monkey. And it's like whenever he cries, he just throws him his dummy or binky.
Speaker 3: And so everything's good. We're all good. We're just suggesting. But two, it's a lot.
Speaker 4: It's a lot here. I'm not gonna lie to you. There's a lot. But I've got my sister here. She's helping out, which has been amazing. So big up to Joe and Jack my nephew for helping us out. So we appreciate the help.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like we have to do an official congrats and like, oh my gosh, like the baby's.
Speaker 3: Here, baby is here.
Speaker 2: Can you wa? What can you tell us about the whole journey of welcoming him? His name? We got a debrief every day.
Speaker 3: That's true. Oh that's true. That's true. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So basically a very different experience to what we had with Kai Kai was a little bit traumatic. The people here, it's Fort Collins, the hospital. Dr Ramos unbelievable. Go'll give her a big, big shower. She was unbelievable. We had an amazing experience, Carli. We were induced, but she didn't have any uh, podocin. It's called potosin, potosin, And yeah, just twenty minutes of pushing and he was out. He needs a little bit of a silver vacuum, little whatever you stick on the head to get him out. But he was great, he was awesome, and we left the hospital within twenty four hours. Carly did amazing, absolutely crushed it. And the name Banks actually came probably about two weeks before he was going to be called. Well, we had a few names for him, like Hudson was a name that we were thinking of. Cave was our top name really for a while. And then we were just sat on the driveway while Kai was just running around like a chaotic little two and a half year old, and we kind of just looked at each other and we I just mentioned I said I really like the name Banks, and she was like, I love banks and obviously I love Banksy as a name, and I thought it went well with my dad's name, Brian, So we called him Banksy.
Speaker 3: And he's so cute.
Speaker 4: He looks quite similar to Kay, but very different and so he's a bit more squished, he looks.
Speaker 3: A bit more of an old man compared to what Kai did, but he's I'm sure and he's super cute. Well I hope. So it was Benjamin Button right now.
Speaker 2: So thanks Brian, Benjamin whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so obviously, yeah, we fell in love with the name and we think it goes well with Kai Kaim Banks.
Speaker 2: And I think it's a great name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a cool name. So we're very happy with British. Yeah, very chic. Yeah, the artist Banks, he is my favorite artist. So we just we love Cara Banks.
Speaker 4: That's another reason obviously. So yeah, no, he's doing great. I mean he's he's a bit wide at times, but then we forget he's just a baby. He's also been to like six breweries already, so we're going to start getting stick to put on his on his bottles.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So he went to his first brewery when he was three days old, which I was quite proud of.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm so happy for you guys, I.
Speaker 3: Know, thank you. Yeah, we're very happy.
Speaker 2: Is this a good thing that you have an hour to get away or stress? Adding stress? I don't want this to add stress to your life.
Speaker 3: Okay, well do you know what? Okay, this is the difference. We wanted to right one.
Speaker 4: First of all, Kai's at that age where's quite independent, Like we've just cracked it where he kind of planned his own for a bit. If we need to get something done, he can understand that we need to do things. Banks he's this needy man because he's like three weeks old, so he needs your attention constantly, and you can't just put him down, do you know what I mean, Like he just cries so and he's just constantly wanting Carly's boob. So I've got that to deal with as well. You know, I'm getting a bit petition. I mean, it's just constant, and I give it a break, lads, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So yeah, no, it's good. It's good.
Speaker 4: We managed to work out together today for the first time since he's been born, so that was good.
Speaker 2: Oh good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's good for Carl. But no, it's good. It's good. It's all good. We're surviving, not thriving. Surviving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll be thriving soon enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. All good.
Speaker 4: But played golf as well of my nephew Jack, which was fun. So I got away. We got away for a couple of afternoons. I shot four Underkira how many?
Speaker 3: How many? I did yeah, shot four under.
Speaker 2: Thank you you're going to get back on tour.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm going to be honest with you.
Speaker 4: It wasn't very I wasn't happy camp for the first few holes, and then I figured something out, and you know when you do that.
Speaker 3: I haven't had that in so long. I was like, ooh, I to go to the range. I think I figured someone out here and I started to hit it somewhat decent and I could shape it again.
Speaker 4: So I think once I get the time again, I think I've got the book again.
Speaker 3: It was slightly slightly, ever so slightly, ever so slightly.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 3: But you know who is not playing any golf?
Speaker 2: You Well, I just did that Titleist thing last week with Iona.
Speaker 3: I saw that, yes.
Speaker 2: And I had a sweet story to tell you. So one of our attendees, her name is Sammy, so shout out Sammy. She listens to the pod and I had talked about this on my solo episode this event. If you don't know what I'm talking about, Iona Stephen and I co hosted a Women's Day event at Titleist TPI and she has a six month old baby. It's for first and coming to that event was her first day leaving her baby was the first time I've left the baby, and they get all day, but it's a little sad and like I thought myself that golf has been like a postpartum thing for her, and she's amazing. She's never really played before, like seriously, and she likes to listen to us every week mostly for for life stuff and then like kind of chose out of like when we talk about Scotty Shuffler, but which is like, yeah, at some points, not about I guess about any player. But she's like sometimes my husband, my husband will be like or I'll be talking to him about something and he's like, how do you know that. She's like, well, because I've been listening to Melan Kira Nice.
Speaker 4: We like, well, this is why those events are so important. Kia like it's awesome.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It's because it's not as many opportunities as there.
Speaker 4: We keep talking about this for women and so things like that, awesome, So good job, it looks awesome.
Speaker 3: I I followed along with it. It looked amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it just you know, hearing her talking about the show, I was like, oh my gosh, it feels like that it's landing where that's exactly the type of person that we want to get to like that it would mean something to them. So anyway, that was fun. And now I'm in Where am i Missouri? Missouri for the BMW Championship.
Speaker 3: I've never been to Missouri.
Speaker 2: It's lovely? Is it great?
Speaker 3: Is hot?
Speaker 2: It's really hot. It's not as hot as Memphis last week allegedly, which is like the sun. Yeah, so it's fine, but I I was sweating a lot on the range today and as a pregnant lady, I can't tell you. Yeah. Yeah, a pregnant lady being like, hey, do you want to answer my questions?
Speaker 3: You can't help me, you can't hook me. I'm too round.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I did get a couple of people that normally would be like, I'm busy, blah blah blah, and they were like, okay, fine.
Speaker 4: Well this is a great thing you see that. You can't say it's pregnantly I day, can you?
Speaker 2: Exactly literally was. He was already halfway up the stairs to leave, and I was like, Ricky, I'm sorry, I need to I need He came back down the stairs, came all the way back to the side. What's he gonna do saying that the pregnant lady exactly say no, no.
Speaker 3: No, no.
Speaker 2: He was like, oh, I'm rushing to the tea, but okay.
Speaker 3: Can be fine just because you just because you don't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was like, I don't need a whole explanation, just stand there exactly quickly.
Speaker 3: Okay, mama's.
Speaker 2: Hungry.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, brilliant, brilliant.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So it's been it's been a sad two weeks without you.
Speaker 4: Oh no, well you've been carrying it so thank you. I really appreciate it. It's been Oh my gosh, it's been much appreciated. And you guys have killed it so well, you did killed it and then you Claire killed it.
Speaker 3: So thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I was surprised that you even wanted to do today.
Speaker 4: Well, no, I missed you, and it's it's good for me to talk about stuff, you know, just get things off my chest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, minute, a minute to think about it, adult.
Speaker 5: I missed it.
Speaker 2: Dies of issues.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's actually fairy away.
Speaker 3: As I said, we get if you hear something.
Speaker 4: We are getting work done in the lounge, but we're getting the basement done. It is rocking and rolling here at the bar is getting done quick and fast, thank god. So I had I had Banks yesterday and he was a sleeperman. He obviously farted and ship himself, but I just use a seat so I couldn't do anything.
Speaker 3: Just left it. And then.
Speaker 4: Bob, the builder who Kai adores, shout out to Bobby. He was actually the builder, but his name is Bobby, and so Kay is like, is Bob the builder here?
Speaker 3: He absolutely adores Bobby. Yeah, he adores it.
Speaker 4: And Bobby brought over some really cute things, but Kai like wants to chucks and stuff for being a big brother.
Speaker 3: He's so cute. So he's like, hey, can you come and check this thing. I was like, yeah, sure.
Speaker 4: So obviously Handbanks over to my sister. And I can still smell shit and I'm like whatever, So I just go down the basement and Bobby goes, bro, what is that in your shirt? And I'll look down and there's just shit all over my shirt. I was like, Bobby, don't. And then the other day Bobby walked in and I had banksy on me, you know them carrier things. Yeah, I've got my boys shorts song because I didn't think anyone was coming in like blow my knee, like proper lesbian baggy top hairs, not even done I've got I've not even took my makeup off properly, and I'm just hoovering and Bobby comes in and I was like, Bobby, just don't and he was like, oh my god. I was like, just I know. I was like, I know, just just leave me be. Just let me do the housework. Carlie showing, just let me be. I know, I look horrific.
Speaker 6: Leave.
Speaker 2: I don't need to hear this from you, Bob the Builder.
Speaker 3: No, from exactly.
Speaker 4: It's like, just go downstairs with the big feet and go and get me bad done.
Speaker 3: Big We can go this week? Where do you want to start?
Speaker 2: Okay, dog, Well, there's a couple of things I wanted to catch up with you on. One is the European Soulheim Cup team was announced while you were gone, so I was hoping you could maybe give us some insight into the list and the folks because I did that on my solo episode and I was like, yeah, and this girl made it and yeah, moving.
Speaker 3: On, moving on, moving on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Look, we're very happy with the way that the the team played out.
Speaker 3: You know, I feel a little bit back for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, because because last couple months. Yeah, I had a great season this year, and any reason she could really get knocked out is something as special as what Esa did. So that's always a little bit, you know, a bit of a hard phone call for Anna to make because she was so close. But listen, I think that, you know, I'm always a big believe if you're not in the team, you can't really expect to get picked. That's just the way that I kind of see it, like, if you're not automatic in the team, you know, that's just the way that I've because I've always been I've been in the bubble a couple of times.
Speaker 3: But yeah, we are extremely happy.
Speaker 4: Okay, So obviously we've got the standard eight players and then we've got the four picks, right, so we've got a fantastic team. You know, they're just I won't go through all of them, but totally deserving of their place. Obviously automatic, you know, brilliant, love it. We've got a bit of veterans in there, we've got some rookies. We're just very very happy with the mixture, the personalities, the games, a lot of good partnerships in there, as well naturally, so very happy with the top eight. Then we've got the picks Leona Maguire. Obviously, I think that she's just proven herself time and time again and Solheim Cups. She's fiery, She's called the line for a reason. I'm extremely happy that she's on the team. You know, she's just it's Leona, you know what I mean. We have Nastasia. I'm very impressed with her, so I've been keeping an eye on her for the last She's a ball striker, mate, yeah, unbelievable ball striker.
Speaker 3: Very impressed with She doesn't really have any fear.
Speaker 4: I think that she's just one of them players that you just take notice of, you know when she's just like a round and stuff. Like I remember being on the putting green at Dow and obviously I was kind of playing attention to and I could almost just feel like an aura and it was actually her, so I was She's kind of one of them players, like, not intimidated by much. So extremely happy with that. Then you've got MEI Rhoades, a rookie, probably not having we love me me Roads Posh mem Roads called me a sailor mouth for sailor, which I absolutely love that banter.
Speaker 3: Again, she's obviously proven herself in Europe.
Speaker 4: This is her first year on the LPGA, probably hasn't had her a game as.
Speaker 3: Of yet, but it does take a while.
Speaker 4: So we've spoke about this to kind of get your feet on the ground on the LPGA.
Speaker 3: But she's going to be a great addition. I feel like she's just made for something like a Solheim Cup, you know what I mean. And then you've got Julia Ramirez. What can I say about her?
Speaker 4: I think she's a bomber. She's got that Spanish feistiness to her, she's got that passionate to her. Again, just somebody who She's really caught my attention at the US Women's Open at erin Hills. You know, she was writing contention there. Didn't have the Sunday that she wanted. But again, she's just going to be a great addition. It's just a good team here. I think that we're still going to have to play unbelievably well to be a very strong American side. But if I could have hand picked all twelve, I think that this would have been my first twelve that I would have picked. And we kind of decided that as you know, between me and Van dam Kainen head one obviously the captain, it was we were all kind of in line and sync with everything, and that's always nice when there's no should we have picked?
Speaker 3: You know, there's none of that.
Speaker 4: We feel very very happy and content with the team and the personalities that we have in the team because that's a big thing as well everyone getting on and the partnerships and stuff.
Speaker 3: So yeah, we're happy, I think. But yeah, I think, well you just list off.
Speaker 2: Do you have it in front of you? The top eight?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you're just going.
Speaker 4: To list them up in Yeah, well I could probably remember them, I don't necessarily have them in me.
Speaker 3: Here we go, all right. Charlie Hill, Chaza.
Speaker 4: Esther obviously hence light Lottie Road rookie, but not really going to be a rookie, is she because she's just a badass. My Stark to play a lot better this year. Yeah, which is amazing to see. Celine, buttier don't need to say anything else like that. She's a silent assassin. Colatusiganda miss Solheim Cup. Nothing needed to say about that. Lyn Grant an amazing player again not having her best stuff, but can easily turn it around for something like a solimn Cup. Nana Madison Fiery's fuck like you want her on your team, like you want to playing for you. She doesn't give a shit. Love that about her. And then you've got Leona Maguire obviously just spoke about her, Julia Lopez Ramirez, and then you got Nastasia Nadaud and Mimi Rhodes.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the first name that you said, Charlie Hall. Let's go back to that. You were out taking care of your beautiful baby boy. Thanksy. But Charlie at the the AG Women's Open had this whole thing which the whole time that was happening, I was like, oh my god, where is Mel. We need Mel's commentary here. So this is the joke joke Gate where she bought a fake lottery ticket for Adsie, her caddie, and the media kind of didn't appreciate it because it was like, you know, somebody that's a rich person is making fun of someone who's of lesser means or whatever it might have been. And Charlie's response, for usual was if you don't like it, you can love it. Yeah, why did you make aga or did we even pay attention to it.
Speaker 3: I did pay attention to it. I've obviously known Charlie for.
Speaker 4: Donkeys years and I've known Adam Adam Carey for me when I first came out and tour for a couple of events.
Speaker 3: And fantastic lads.
Speaker 4: I mean them to have such a strong connection, such a strong friendship, such a strong bond, I mean basically family. Adam's done pretty well for himself, by the way, means he's doing all right. You know, he won the US Women's Open with least six when it was you know, first went to a like five million or whatever it was, So he's he's doing right for himself, and he's obviously been with Charlie since the beginning. I think that it got taken out of context from the media. It was literally a joke. Charlie, trust me, has played worse jokes on him than that. So it's all a bit of banter. Ads. He can take it ads. He finds it things like that quite funny. So yeah, I think she's right. I think that it was.
Speaker 3: That's just kind of how they have banter, like they British people and Aussie people. We kind of a banter is quite mean and it can. We can cross the.
Speaker 4: Line at times, but I don't think that was so I'm yeah, I'm going to stick up for her there. I think it was just a bit of banter and completely got taken out of context.
Speaker 2: And it led to some great Charlie quotes, you know, just grow some that sort of stuff.
Speaker 4: Yea, And she doesn't, Yeah, basically what she said.
Speaker 3: She's like, you don't like it, piss off. So it was, but that's just how they are.
Speaker 4: They just have good banter, and it's just, you know, he takes the piss out of her, she takes piss out of him.
Speaker 3: It is what it is.
Speaker 2: So I want to talk about some of the golf from the last week. But is there anything else that you've been burning to say or have been wanting to talk about that comes to the pod? No?
Speaker 3: Not really, not really, not that I can think of.
Speaker 2: All right, so we start with the LPG.
Speaker 3: My brain's a bit mush.
Speaker 2: My brains, I too, am in the mush category.
Speaker 3: Oh, brilliant, brilliant.
Speaker 2: It's going really well, we're good, We're all good.
Speaker 4: I'm just talking really fast, soph.
Speaker 3: You know, I know what she thoughts?
Speaker 2: How many thoughts her tenth win, and we knew that she's playing well. Yeah, we know that she's playing really well. She played great the first couple of days at the Agen and then just kind of her potter went cold and didn't have it. But clearly, yeah, so.
Speaker 4: This is my thing with Gino, right, and I've said this on air before.
Speaker 3: She's such a phenomenal player that it's almost and this is just no disrespect, but this is just the category that we put her in now, is that it doesn't really matter how many more LPGA events she wins. She needs to win a major. Yeah, Like do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, it's almost going to be forgotten, Like you almost forget that she's won three times this year, which is mad because that is.
Speaker 3: An incredible thing to do. Yeah, it's mad.
Speaker 4: Like the amount of years that she's had, well, it's every single year pretty much. She's had multiple wins, if not every year, and yet we just kind of it's not that she's forgotten, but she's just not in the same category as like a Charlie or a even though Charlie's not won a major, it's crazy and so amazing that she's won another event, Like that's just how good she is, but I think for her to really be talked about in the lights of like a Nelly and these kind of players, you know, she has to perform better in the majors. So yeah, I mean, well done to Gino. You know, wins a win at the end of the day in her tenth win. Whenever you win in double digits on the LPGA nowadays is a pretty sensational feet. But come on, g you know we need you to start win a Major's love for us to you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's so easy, so easy, Yeah, totally, totally.
Speaker 4: I had one top three and about eighty five starts. It's so easy.
Speaker 2: Where was that.
Speaker 3: Hazel teen?
Speaker 2: Oh changed QPMG Women's PG Yeah, change my life?
Speaker 4: Went for a state dinner and then.
Speaker 3: We went to a gay bar to celebrate.
Speaker 2: Fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was really fun. Actually it's called Yeah it was cool. Actually, yeah, it's great.
Speaker 4: I remember the name the saloon. Oh try me, if you went there, you would remember the name. It's yeah. It's a bit crazy anyway, but yeah, I mean Portland US sweet. I don't know what's happened to Portland. Portland used to be one of my favorite events, you know, it's gone a little bit downhill. Now, not downhill, that's a bad thing to say. Not downhill, but it's it's it should be one of the best events on the LPGA.
Speaker 2: I think, I why why so?
Speaker 3: I think when I first came out on taur I always thought Portland was going to be one of the biggest events in the LPGA.
Speaker 4: And I just I I used to want to move to Portland, you know. I fell in love with Portland when I first moved there. Like Oregon, Portland, it's beautiful, and I just I really I feel like that. Yeah, and I feel like the tournament like had its struggles for a little bit, but hopefully it's on the way up.
Speaker 3: Do you like Portland?
Speaker 2: I've actually never been to Portland.
Speaker 4: Oh really, I feel like you would like it.
Speaker 2: I've been to Oregon, but I've only really gone to Oregon to do nature things, so I've never spent a ton of time in like or going in the cities.
Speaker 3: Isn't that where The Goonies was filmed?
Speaker 2: Okay, it seems like an appropriate place for that.
Speaker 4: But anyway, so listen, fair place to Gino. But come on, girl, we need you to start winning some majors. Please, Darling. That would be amazing. But good on your geno. Three wins this year incredible. I'm going to put that on.
Speaker 3: I think she's gonna win at least one more. At least Oh I could see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but it's kind of a bummer that all the majors are done.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she wouldn't see me or something.
Speaker 3: Again. Yeah, so she'll make like fifty million.
Speaker 5: Yeah all right.
Speaker 3: PGA Tour. Yeah, your man, your man, Scotty.
Speaker 2: Guys, he finally wins again on the PGA Tour. This was the whole thing around him. Blah blah blah. Loves a limited field event, this guy, and he won by one thousand so in strokes insanely hot. If they had asked me to work last week, I would have said no because I could barely.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm going to take over the podcast, Curis.
Speaker 4: I know I'm boring here, but I I know my brain is mushed today. But my god, the yawn that you just gave me is offensive.
Speaker 2: It was offensive, defensive to its defensive Scottish.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry, Scott, but you winning is so boring to us, even by eight. That's how good you are, mate. You and Gino are so good as boring us, like just annoying.
Speaker 3: It's annoying. We don't what to say. Win more majors that would be interesting.
Speaker 2: Time is on the other side of this part, don't.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I've had four coffees today, Kira, maybe fivefe.
Speaker 3: We have one coffee, can't you?
Speaker 2: No? I did, but like that was like seven hours ago.
Speaker 3: Anyway, all right, anyway, I talk about Scotty.
Speaker 4: He did great, obviously, sixty one in the second round, sixty six, fun around one by eight shots, comfortable. Old Scotty's back. Never not that he ever left, but he's had his troubles here and there. But Scotti Scheffler is back. Can we talk about Rory because you went to my Betha. I think that's a good story.
Speaker 2: Wait the Rory. Have you see the videos of him? Like, oh my god, okay six.
Speaker 4: Am okay, So this is my thing right now? Listen, listen, Kira. I love a good time, you know me. But golfers trying to do cool things like Abetha is like quite funny to me.
Speaker 3: I don't know why. It's just so out of like my comfort zone for them, do you know what I mean? I wouldn't imagine Rory to just be like this, like hitting out with the DJ.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because golfers are not This isn't a hit on Rory or anybody specific. No, no, no, they're just not inherently cool. No, but then they make a lot of money, so then like they can go and do cool things. Yeah, but at the end of the day, they're just golf nerds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just literally.
Speaker 4: But I love the fact Rory was having a good old time and ibetha living it up with the boys until six am with the DJ just full house, full send.
Speaker 3: I like to see it.
Speaker 4: Dance moves could be a little bit looser, a little bit more sweight to them, But other than that, I'm all up for golfers going to Abetha and losing themselves a little bit. I think that is thoroughly deserve for being a Grand Slam champion.
Speaker 2: But yeah, especially for Rory, like, oh, end it, do whatever you want to do. But it's also come at a bit of a price for his game, which but I don't know that he cares.
Speaker 3: Like I think they was going to say, do you think he cares? Do you think he cares?
Speaker 2: He's playing this week because he needs to, because it would look really bad if he was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, it must be difficult.
Speaker 4: I mean, I get it, I totally get it, and we spoke about it before, but like to get you going every single week, it would be quite a challenge, wouldn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially all with all the demands on his time and everybody wants to be like a certain point, why I like, screw this, Like I've.
Speaker 3: Just yeah, yeah, great, why not?
Speaker 2: But I can't, Like, in a playoff situation for a professional sports league, your biggest star or one of your biggest stars that has won a major and you know, is up there in the top of the standings, Like they can't not show up to the playoffs. What is that say about the playoff format? I know, And obviously they're changing a lot of that and they're trying to make it more compelling to the viewer. But he's got to show up. So yeah, good on him for showing up. Yep, But he doesn't have to be here is a thing.
Speaker 3: No, I'm also like, I love it. I love him ripping it up in Alvetha. I think it's brilliant. We haven't spoken about Lily yet. That's the last thing to talk about.
Speaker 2: I know. Well, they canceled the to the team championship in Michigan. They're supposed to be next week, so this live Indianapolis event this week is going to be the last one of their season. But yeah, it's definitely.
Speaker 3: It's not looking great, is it.
Speaker 6: It's such a it's such a weird thing because on the one hand, they're like, oh, we've secured this big sponse or investor blah blah lah at a two hundred fifty million dollars infusion of capital, but like two and fifty million dollars isn't.
Speaker 3: Going to do? Can they not just give it to us on our podcast?
Speaker 2: Literally?
Speaker 3: Literally do you imagine how good this podcast would be? And it's already good, but no, I know, but can you imagine, like do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: I have a full studio and we could do it in person and we could get whoever you want because we could.
Speaker 2: Just you know, we could do a lot with two five million dollars, we could do quiet.
Speaker 4: Imagine the merch Oh my god, imagine the plane would buy Okay, imagine the cool plane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would be sick.
Speaker 3: It would be so fun.
Speaker 2: Would yeah, we build a massive studio. But unfortunately that money has been invested in live, which I just don't I don't know, especially because like the dB World, the DP World Tour seems to be making decisions that are aligning themselves more and more with PGA Tour, the Asia Tours aligning themselves with the PJ Tour, the Australian Open isning itself with the Yeah, PGA Tour, and my I think their smiley coffins say the mistake that they made was not really going after the national opens or or like making the team's you know, Team Australia, Team Spain, Team Korea, like really leaning into that as opposed to like doing these fake like what's a clique?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, it's a great point.
Speaker 2: People can't relate to a clique. They don't even know what a clique is.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just it's trying to create something out of nothing and thinking that if you spend enough money that people will pay attention. But at the end of the day, like I think that the money thing turns people off. I don't care about how much money you're making.
Speaker 3: To watch it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like they.
Speaker 3: Don't earn it.
Speaker 4: I know that that sounds horrible, but I feel like they don't earn it if there's no cut, Like I feel like, you know what I mean, every single event and the making the fazillions dollars, I sugar with it a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the.
Speaker 2: NFL, Like I know Josh Allen in my brain, I know that he makes a lot of money. But that's not why I am paying attention to the NFL. Or yeah, thats Kelsey or Patrick Mahomes every weekend. It's because it's compelling products. It's interesting to watch, and they're not making how much money they're competing for, Like I don't know, is there a process for winning?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but there's a team, isn't it like Kansas, you know, Philadelphia, Atlanta, La?
Speaker 3: Like people in LA.
Speaker 4: Get you know what I mean, Like it's it's like any kind of sport. But you're right, this is so individual and like like you said, what is a clique?
Speaker 3: What is a smash?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: What is an aces? What is a range goat or whatever it is? You know what I mean? Like it's just random players put together and it's just like whoa what's you know?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And I think John Ram's trying to get back in the PGA Tour, which would be amazing for the PGA Tour.
Speaker 2: I saw that, but Amon said on Golf Channel today that he doesn't think that that's that's a legit thing because he's still very much I mean, he's tied up. His contract is tied up until like twenty thirty or something, and even if they it's like a long it's like a five years deal, and even if they file for bankruptcy, he still could be contractually obligated. And like it's very clear that the PGA Tour doesn't need Jon rom which like kind of sad and brutal but true because they're doing just fine and they're bringing in all these big sponsors for the challenge or Championship series stuff. They're announcing kind of drip by drip for twenty twenty eight. So like Brian Rollapp is probably like the window of your influence has closed, yea, which is a tough scene. So I don't know, like I could see him trying to do it, Like I don't think that Bryson. Bryson's probably like you know, he's going to be a live life or because he's staked everything on that. I think it would be a really tough thing for Bryson. To come back to the PGA Tour.
Speaker 3: I think Bryighton is more interested in his YouTube as well as an a and like, you know, making a difference with that kind of thing. And so well, we'll see, we'll see how it'll play out. But it's not it'd be interesting to see what happens next year with Live.
Speaker 2: But yeah, oh well, Amen said the most like cutting thing on Golf Channel today.
Speaker 3: I didn't see him.
Speaker 2: I love he goes.
Speaker 3: I love Amen. I think he's brilliant. I don't know why I love him.
Speaker 2: He's so brilliant he goes. You know, if all these employees or players stop getting paid at Live, what are they gonna go do? Go to Saudi Arabia and make a complaint of the human resources.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's funny. Is that we said?
Speaker 2: Good for you? Amen?
Speaker 3: See that's banter. See I like that. That is that is the banter that we need and go you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And Damon the co host is like, yeah, okay, he just does not all respen to exactly what he wants.
Speaker 3: And whim and that's why him and brand it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: It's it's like my favorite and.
Speaker 3: We support we support the authenticity of you. You love it, but yeah, brilliant professional golf.
Speaker 2: It's a funny, funny place right now. But this week I am reporting at the BMW Championship in Saint Louis, Missouri, and it is my last week of work before I shut it down and go home. Yeah, I'll have one more event, but it's like a I can drive to it in Palelo, okay. But other than that, I am, well.
Speaker 3: You deserve it. You've been killing it.
Speaker 4: You've been bopping all over the place, haven't you go you serve some time to chill. I'm really do some pelvic thraw exercises.
Speaker 2: My god, or a public floor.
Speaker 3: Oh you'll be fine, you'll be fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not that bad.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it's not that bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, sure it's fine. I'm sure that's what would say. Yeah, but this is an interesting week. It's the top fifty. In the top fifty, if you make it this week, then you're in all the signature events next week next year. So it's like a big deal to make it in the top fifty in the PGA Tour. That's upstandings. So everybody here is kind of like, yeah, yeah, it'd be great to make it to the Tour Championship, but like, really what I wanted is to make the top fifty because you know, then I could plan my schedule and blah blah blah. I think you're you're making in the top thirty. Then you're affirmed in all the majors.
Speaker 3: That's a big okay, that's good.
Speaker 2: And then also there's the money, a ship ton of money. Yeah, they already have all this money.
Speaker 3: Quay, do you have a.
Speaker 2: Shureship of the week?
Speaker 3: Well, where do I fucking start here? Where do I start? Do you want to have a sure week? What is my shush the week? To be honest, now, listen, it's definitely hard, it's it's.
Speaker 4: Having two kids is a lot, still finding our feet, but I wouldn't change it for the world.
Speaker 3: I really wouldn't. I'm excited, oh me, And I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: Me and Carly, we've just had a lot of businesses which has been great, Okay, which has been amazing, and we really really appreciate the help and it's been we couldn't have done it really as easily without help. But I'm actually quite excited for us to just be a family of four, you know, like over the weekend, so we've got more visitors coming and then we've got a really busy September and October. And actually we've actually just spoke last night. It was probably the first conversation we've had so without talking about the kids for like a week, and I basically just said, like that, can we just stay in this weekend and like I want to get some stuff sorted around the house, and like can we just chill and just like I want to do some things in the garden and things that you kind of put off when you know you're just trying to find your feet a bit. So yeah, I think that, Yeah, it's just my shush of the week is just yeah, I just I hope Banks's digestive system starts to mature. It's my shush of the week. He hasn't got colic, thank god, I don't think because he seeks the night. But he's he's he's been struggling little bit.
Speaker 3: Bless him. Yeah, but no, everything else is good. Everything else is that's my shush of the week. I think, what else is my shush? No, that's it, that's it, that's it, or your's k dog, Well, my.
Speaker 2: Shush is my baby decides to have a full on dance party, dance party every time the red light goes on the camera.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: So it's like and for more, let's go down to curiously micks in and he's.
Speaker 3: Like, loves it, made for it, love's it.
Speaker 2: Moves into show business. Yeah, but we know why. We're just like kind of funny. Oh yeah, and my shush of the week is your Bob the builder.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I feel if anyone to hear that. Yeah, we're against the shelves put up in the lounge, which are very excited about to.
Speaker 2: Be fair, perfect perfect, I think with that, with.
Speaker 6: That, with the.
Speaker 4: Yes, the brain is mush, but it's the best I got today, Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for listening. Cars about to take a nap here is very tired, she yawned in my face midway through.
Speaker 3: The biggest compliment, great to be back. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: That you're back. And I'm so glad that you made Yeah it's I can say that you would have made the effort anyway.
Speaker 3: So I appreciate it. Thanks on the foot down.
Speaker 2: I would not have ties if you were like, I need a week and then whatever you need.
Speaker 3: Bye, Okay, all right, okay, dog, I have a great week rest. Hey bye too.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to Quiet Please. We'll be back next week with more golf apps, and we want to hear from you. Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts.
Speaker 2: And tell us what you want to talk about.
Speaker 3: It just might be the topic of our next show.
Speaker 1: Quiet Please is hosted by Mel Reed and Kira Dixon. Our executive producer is Jesse Katz. Our supervising producer is Grace Hughes. Our producer is Jonathan Kerma.
Speaker 4: Listen to Quiet Please on America's number one podcast network, iHeart open your free iHeart app and search Quiet Please with Mel Reed and Kira Dixon and start listening.