Speaker 1: Warning.
Speaker 2: Today's episode we'll contain no spoilers. We're gonna be discussing the Avengers doomsday trailer. Spoilers for a trailer question mark so spoilers I guess for MCU properties leading to Doomsday potentially m hm, you warn't. Hello. My name is Jason Concepcion.
Speaker 3: Hello, I'm Rosy Night.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to xt Revision, the podcast where we dive deep into your favorite shows, movies, comics and pop culture company from i R, where we're bringing you three episodes of week clos news.
Speaker 3: On Saturday plus news.
Speaker 4: In today's episode, Doomsday is finally he are the first proper official.
Speaker 3: All in one Avengers Doomsday trailer.
Speaker 4: It is a lot of what we heard from Cinema com but we are gonna be talking about it because there is a lot happening this week.
Speaker 3: I have a production note for you. Guess what.
Speaker 4: It's a good one though, because you're getting more episodes than usual. So on Wednesday we're getting X Men ninety seven episode six. On Thursday, it will be an Odyssey round table talking about that discourse starting epic. On Friday, we'll have a new edition of Impending Doomsday, and on Sunday. You're gonna get our fresh comic con news.
Speaker 2: Okay, folks, let's welcome our Panales today, joining us our super producers Aeron Erin, how are you.
Speaker 5: I'm doing great.
Speaker 6: I'm excited to hear your thoughts on this newly released multi million view count trailer that has just come out.
Speaker 2: End super producer ian Ian how are you great?
Speaker 7: Yeah, excited to get into it. This is the day we've been waiting for for It feels like a million year so.
Speaker 2: Wite a while. Okay, So it is Monday, July twentieth, ten am, ten thirteen am to be precise. The Avengers Doomsday trailer was released this morning. Earlier this morning. It is already at over a million views, one point three million views, so that's in about and a half hours ten million, so using the x ray vision YouTube views predicts box office corollary, this is looking like a monster, folks. The trailer does follow the general shape of the trailer that was reported at CinemaCon, and let's let's discuss. First topic to discuss.
Speaker 4: Is that.
Speaker 1: The voice, Oh yeah, I was gonna that down yet doing doom?
Speaker 4: Yes, I think it's I'm yeah, and I think it's good that you brought out, because that was the biggest question in the discord. Ryan Gilman asked it. Third Place asked it. Lizen asked it. Who is it? I think it's Doom, which offers up the first question. Doom comes to them, at least partially as an ally question.
Speaker 2: I think I think that that I think that that will be the case. I think it will be something like I've come to stop these incursions, only you can help.
Speaker 4: Me, which is basically what he says is there's this huge threat. It's coming and we're gonna have to make a terrible decision.
Speaker 2: Which is probably kill lots of other worlds to save the real one. But my, what do we think? Which what do we think of of the Latviarian accent?
Speaker 4: I have?
Speaker 2: My initial thought was I think it's smart that he's not doing voice, because I think that would be confusing. But what are our thoughts, Rosie, what.
Speaker 8: Do you think?
Speaker 3: I do agree. I generally think it's good he had an accent.
Speaker 4: I do think it's funny that pretty much all over the Internet and in discord, the big argument is like whether.
Speaker 3: It's Wong or whether it's him.
Speaker 4: So I feel like maybe he didn't differentiate it was potentially I had seen a lot of people saying it was wrong. I love a silly accent. I think it's good that RDJ is doing this. I think it's nice to know that this isn't some kind of Tony version or like alternate Tony version, at least not in the way that some of us guessed it would be. So I think it's good he's doing the accent. Is it a bit silly, yes, But is the idea of Robert Danny Junior playing Doom silly?
Speaker 3: Also?
Speaker 6: Yes, Aaron, I mean I think the accent sounds fine. What excited me more was the placement that they had a trailer and the first thing you hear is RDJ, and you immediately see him in the Doune outfit or Doom outfit. So instead of like us, spending the whole trailer focused on the heroes, and then at the end one quick shot of Doom and he says one line, we get like a mini monologue from him. I think that's a great way to start it off, and we immediately see this character we've been waiting for with bita breath and here, and we immediately have questions, why is he coming to them with this message. Is it like this made up accent lat Verian like, which world? Is this a part of all these things? I thought it was an incredibly well placed thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I I agree with a lot of what Aaron just said. I like the accent. I think it's I think to me, it was pretty obvious that it was RDJ doing like his Latverian doom like voice. So I'm like kind of surprised that people are confused by that or think is long. That's a little weird to me. But I like that he's doing something different and differentiating from the Tony Stark normal RDJ voice cadence. And I think for something like this you need to differentiate a little bit. I think it's giving him a little more room or freedom to do something a little more fun and a little more silly, be a little different. And I agree with Aaron's points that starting the trailer with it, hitting it right up top and establishing the the character, because that's the thing that most that we're most interested in, like what is his doom going to be?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 7: What's it going to look and feel and sound?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 7: How is how is he going to bring his own spin to the role. So I think leading with that was a smart way to do it. And I like the accent. I think it sounds different enough from his normal voice yea, and distinct enough that it's cool and interesting.
Speaker 8: So I'm a fan also that.
Speaker 2: I liked it. I liked it. I liked it as well. I I think the idea that you didn't I actually think the was it wrong question kind of proves that this was kind of a good idea. You don't want to be like, oh, it's Tony. Is that Tony? He Maybe he's a Tony variant, Like it leaves open the ambiguity of whether or not this character is or is not a version of Tony, whether Tony is a version of Doom in the MCU universe. So I think that that was smart to do. This could be a completely different guy. We don't know that it is, and you know, like you could tell our DJ was having fun with it. Now it seems as if the main character is thor or is going to be the through line character, at least the one who's like, I've seen this threat coming and we need to do something from the hero's side, did we? What did other people think? Is that the feel that we all got.
Speaker 3: I agree that that is where they're going. It seems to make sense.
Speaker 4: But I will say I do think this is one of their mistakes, not because I don't love Chris Emser thought I love him, but I do think that this is where than me we immediately get like a very clear repeated beat from the Infinity or endgame stuff where it's like, this is the sad, broken down Thor who doesn't think we can do it after he's been defeated by Thanos. Like, I think that's not my favorite version of this Thoor, but I think Chris Emsworth does it very well.
Speaker 3: I think there is a lot they're not showing us with this trailer. That's my gut. That's my gut feeling.
Speaker 4: So but I do feel, like Jason, You're right, I think they're going for this through line, and I think it is going to be Thor. But I have seen people online and even in our discords kind of saying it feels like a nerved version, like we want to see Thor.
Speaker 3: At his peak.
Speaker 4: Aaron, what did you think about the return of this kind of more somber, serious Thaw.
Speaker 6: I think, like God forbid, we revisit one of our favorite movies with Infinity War and Endgame, where Thor like is a little more grounded and sad because of the threat that is posed to revisit. That I think means we kind of understand the stakes quickly. We don't have to spend all the day time of like I mean, Thor again delivers a quick little monologue saying, I have fought with all these warriors against all these threats. They my friends and other heroes have died against things I am much less scared of than this one threat. And then we get the visual of him leaping into the air like full on, you know, God, Thor crashing in and doom stopping it with one or two fingers Like that's that to me set the stakes very very well. Thor is a constant within the MCU, and I think a good choice to be sort of our our audience surrogate at least for this trailer, if not the entire movie.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, Ian, what your thoughts on Thor is potentially the main guy?
Speaker 8: I think I like it.
Speaker 7: I think after Love and Thunder that a lot of people did not like that movie, and I think it kind of undid a lot of the strong character work that we got in Ragnarok, Infinitiord Endgame for Thor, and so I feel like this feels like a little bit of a course correction, bringing it back a little more grounded serious. His Chris Hemsworth is a really incredible actor, and I think he has the ability to go comedic, but he also has this, you know, the gravitas of this like strong Thor role, and I think it just feels like a little bit of a course correction back towards that. And I also think it kind of makes sense for him to be the through line character in the sense that he has, you know, the relationships with all of our heroes and the Avengers and has faced these past threats. But also we know Loki is probably going to be a very prominent part of the plot line and the TVA aspect of it, and so obviously that relationship between Thor and Loki, especially with what happened in Endgame, I think, is going to be a really big, strong, emotional beat or core of the movie. So I like the idea of having him, at least from what this trailer appears to be setting up, be kind of the through line connecting character for that. So I think it makes sense, and I think it will could lead to some really you know, powerful emotional moments. So yeah, I think it's it's an interesting angle. I think they could work.
Speaker 2: We see some X Men in this, We see Charles doing his classic Charles I'm my oh, my head, and so that's obviously for a pair of X Men fanatics like Rosie and I like that was huge. But now let's I feel like this is the central question. Is this trailer good? Did it do enough? Did it do enough to dispel some of the concerns and kind of like unsourced rumor based critiques about kind of a you know, a chaotic production that is at this point formless. Did it do enough to shoot that stuff down since the debut of the original trailer at CinemaCon some months ago, or did it not do enough?
Speaker 5: Rosie?
Speaker 2: Did it do enough? Is this trailer good?
Speaker 4: I personally, I do not think it did enough, But I do want to say, you know, we watch this trailer dropped to like six am, I think Pacific time. Yeah, and you know, so on I woke up and there was a lot of talk about it, and I watched it, and I think for me personally, it definitely did suffer from the fact that we just follow this stuff so closely, and you know, I knew people who were at the cinema companel I read the report. You want to know what the trailers are like. So I think for this this did suffer a little bit from the fact of over familiarity because of how long it's taken them to put it out.
Speaker 3: One thing I cannot deny.
Speaker 4: Did it stoke excitement for this movie in a way we have yet to see. I think that is undeniable whether or not I felt that. And also like ten million views in like four hours, right, four and a half hours, and it's see and it's probably gonna keep growing like it.
Speaker 3: I think it had already hit a million within thirty minutes.
Speaker 5: Thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so it was this is I think excitement wise the release of it. I think the poster is beautiful that they sent out with it, this kind of painted poster of Doom in front of this tapestry obviously about his family who are going to be a key part of this, But for.
Speaker 3: Me personally, like do I think it pushed.
Speaker 4: Me over to thinking like this is gonna be the movie that saves the MCU like no, I think it's falling back on safe bets, but there's a lot of fun stuff that was exciting, like Gambit, Shanchi, et cetera. Aaron, I want to make sure that you are the one who condemns me.
Speaker 6: I think this is a great trailer. This trailer does everything that I wanted. Like I said of top, it sets up doom right away. We see and hear doom. We see the costume, we hear him, we see his eyes. Ian was mentioning like Thor. His vibe is less comedic than he was in Love and Thunder. People always complain that MCU movies throw in these little quips, like we have an emotional scene, then we get equipped. There are no quips here. There's no like it was, you know, there's no Thor like Ah. I like this one when Captain Marvel shows up, like this is devoid of that sunny disposition. This feels like a dark movie. And like visually, I love seeing the new outfits like Shrey and Naymar's new costumes look great, the Fantastic Four with the jackets and everything. Cyclops like seeing it in action. We really only I think there's one scene that we had already seen with Cyclops and the like the extreme optic glass in front of the Sentinels. That was the only thing that felt like I'd seen it before. And you know what, like does it feel big? Yes, this movie feels huge, Like I can't tell you. Every time a character showed up, I was like, I cannot wait to see more Shank, I cannot wait to see Nay more flying around doing whatever. And like when when Thing and Sue and Bucky like arrived to meet the Wakandans, there's like the suspended sea wall in the background behind them.
Speaker 5: What is that? Like I want to know about that? How is that happening?
Speaker 6: There's so much here, And like the Jolena versus Julena fight because Mostique has turned into Yolena, Like yeah, I love the pairings the Gambit shang Chi thing, Like it feels like we're getting one of the problems with Avengers movies and just Avengers teams in general. Hulk is fighting a much different fight than Hawkeye at any given time, Like there's no way they can be like measured by the same thing, and doing a Ylena verse Mystique and a Gambit ver shang Xi. It makes me feel like, we're gonna get a really good use of these characters again fighting appropriate battles and it's not right. And I think that's a great way to handle a large ensemble. And I'm telling you, as I saw more and more people, I was like, I can't wait. Like there's a quick shot of Johnny hugging and kissing the head of some blonde woman. We assume it sued. Did something happen, Like, I don't know. There's a lot of things in here that I got very excited about from an ensemble side of things.
Speaker 5: So I think it's a great trailer.
Speaker 2: I love to hear that Ian your is this trailer good?
Speaker 7: I have to agree with Rosie that, you know, I think I'm just too industry pilled and like too thirsty for content, because you know, after the CinemaCon trailer came out, we heard the descriptions add nauseum, what's in the trailer? What's in the trailer? And so when I watched it again this morning and it's exactly the same as the descriptions that I've heard and read from three months ago, I was like, Oh, that's like kind of it, but I know that's like that's more on me than.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, I'm sorry you peaked at your Christmas presents early and then are disappointed you.
Speaker 8: That's on me. I just admitted it.
Speaker 4: I said, that's the one who unwrapped them and showed them to us.
Speaker 3: Like that's the exactly at all.
Speaker 7: But that's They also said, like, by the way, you got an Xbox for Christmas, it's in the closet, don't look at it for three months.
Speaker 8: They told me that in October.
Speaker 5: You know, they leaked.
Speaker 7: They knew the people were going to describe the trailer, and they knew people wanted to see it, and it's been ready for three months and they didn't change anything. That's a little that feels like kind of a generational exercise in hubrist to me, a little bit on their part. They feel like the movie is so good that they don't need to give us anything.
Speaker 6: How I mean, I have no idea whether or not they change anything. I wasn't at CinemaCon. I didn't see this trailer. This is my first time seeing Mystique again. This is my first time seeing Gambit fighting shan Cheet, Like, what what did they do wrong that I'm now not excited about seeing the Ten Rings?
Speaker 3: Again, we love that you are excited.
Speaker 7: Yes, I'm I'm still excited to see the movie. I'm still going to see the movie, I guess, just the trailer didn't change how I felt. Well, I'd feel the same after watching the trailer I felt before, like I still want to see the movie. The trailer didn't give me anything else to get excited about, I guess. So saying all that to say is like, for your general average person who's not online checking all this stuff, yeah, I'm sure this trailer is like hype and it's incredible and it's amazing. But for people in our situation, which I know we are in the very small minority, it didn't change the way I felt about the movie. M and it was bordering on it was a little underwhelming. But that's again more my fault than Marvel's, just because I knew what was in the trailer already, so it didn't give me anything that I didn't already know was going to happen. You know.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's I'm kind of like in the middle of all of you. I think the trailer did just enough.
Speaker 3: M hmmm.
Speaker 2: I think it did just enough. But to Aaron's point, I also have to check my perspective, because here's the things I wanted. I wanted a little bit more than what the CinemaCon report said, which we didn't get. We basically got the CinemaCon version. It seems like I wanted, you know, a little more of the and I'm sure we'll get this in later trailers, by the way, but I wanted more of the personal journey of whoever the focus is, Like, what has Thorpe been up to? Why is this time different? Why is this threat bigger than Thanos? Why is he so scared and upset? Like just a line about I've been doing this or I lost this, and I think, you know, I think that would have done a lot for me. I want to know how to Rosie's point about duplicate beats, there are a lot of duplicate beats here, whether it's Steve pulling the hammer or just the way thor talks about the threat of doom that honestly, you could lift that and drop it in Infinity War or Ragnarok and it could be about Thanos, which led me to wonder, like, Okay, so how is this, How do the events of Endgame lead to this? How does how did this great victory lead to this. I want to know that and not having that connective tissue some hints, some gesture towards that connective tissue in there in there felt like leaving something on the table. Now, that said to Ian and Everyone's point, like, you know, I've I've seen all the movies, I've read all the comics, I've seen all the movies multiple times. We follow all the news drops. I've been, you know, checking Marvel leaks like every day. I like kind of know what the various leaked versions of what are reported to be the movie are. And there is an entire generation of fan that this Marvel is hoping will be their first Marvel movie. Like that's the hope, right, Yeah, there's an entire generation of fan that is that has is like this shit's old, this shit is for elder millennials or whatever. I don't give a fuck about it. And the hope is that, like Marvel can get them in on the ground floor with this movie. So I have to at least acknowledge that all the connective tissue shit that I want would be wasted on that fan that Marvel is trying to bring in the door. But again, I feel like it it left me wanting it felt it felt like Okay, that's just enough. But again, ten million views in four hours. I guess I'm wrong.
Speaker 4: I think like I think we can feel like we want more, but still like no ledge the trailer is successful like for Marvels, like the excitement.
Speaker 3: But Jason, I do think that you're right. But I also have to.
Speaker 4: Say a lot of the response to this from that gen Z, like film Space and like the gen Z nerds and stuff. They were posting the darkest drags, the funniest YouTube videos where it's like how to make a Marvel trailer and it's like a video from five years ago where it lists exactly all the things that you know are gonna be in the trailer.
Speaker 2: Who cares about kids that can't read, but also illiterates in gen Z who read it?
Speaker 3: Is what I mean?
Speaker 4: Is like, I don't what I'm saying is like, while that might be Marvel's intention, I actually don't think repeating the beats that made it popular with old heads like us.
Speaker 3: Is gonna work for that younger audience.
Speaker 4: So I think they need to fan service us a little bit.
Speaker 2: Maybe Marvels should do like a regular trailer and a brain Rat trailer.
Speaker 3: It's just like I would love that.
Speaker 2: It's just like there are threats coming.
Speaker 3: Threats, threats like emoji is popping.
Speaker 1: Emoji and then like a long fart sound, Jason.
Speaker 4: I know a lot of people have been talking, so I did want to just talk about this. Let's talk about Doom because that's is the biggest thing.
Speaker 3: How does he stop Stormbreaker?
Speaker 4: This is obviously Doom with magic, right, like on his gauntlets, he had the he had the ruins and everything. Let's talk a little bit about that.
Speaker 3: What do you think in comics?
Speaker 4: You just like just in general, like, how do you think we're gonna see him brought to life? Like? This is obviously not just science Doom. This is magic Doom.
Speaker 2: Are we going to get Okay? So we see his family a little bit in the trailer or a hint towards the lineage of Victor v On Doom. So the question is do we get a full Doom backstory in this movie? Yes or no? I say maybe, I say I say probably not. I say that I think like Secret Wars starts with like, here's who doctor Doom is. After he's wiped the fucking floor with the heroes of multiple timelines.
Speaker 3: I think we'll know his grandfriend's kid died.
Speaker 4: That's clearly a big pot with like the tapestry post that they revealed, I think we'll know he had this great loss, but I don't necessarily know if we'll get to see that until I don't think we'll see Lavaria, for example, in this movie.
Speaker 3: I think this is all doomed terrestrial.
Speaker 6: If we do the planets, if we get to see Latvaria and his family in Secret Wars? Are you ready for Gwyneth Paltrow's Latarian accent?
Speaker 8: Doesn't it look.
Speaker 2: Like the fight? I mean, I thought that fight in the statuary garden might could be in place in Latviia. I don't know. I couldn't. I couldn't make out who the statue was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I paused a few times trying to see, like is the statue Captain America?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 6: Is there something there that we should recognize? And I didn't catch anything.
Speaker 2: Now, I will say that Charles like decorates the X mansion like a hundred twenty year old British.
Speaker 4: That's what I was gonna say. It was giving it. It could be in the Toddens that.
Speaker 2: Man loves the statue, fucking Doiley's and lace and old dusty curtains and busts of people.
Speaker 4: Okay, Also, I'm not the character people who are really excited about. Obviously, Loki Ian you mentioned about him being like a big a big part, you think, but I saw a lot of people worried he's going to get killed on screen.
Speaker 3: Again, what do you think about Loki's fate.
Speaker 7: I mean, there's there's strong potential for that because I think at some core point of it, like Doom is going to try to take his power or something or take control of that multiversal tree. So I mean, I think something bad is probably gonna happen to Loki, you know.
Speaker 2: So he's going to kill the tree, I think, or try to kill the tree, yeah, yeah, take his place at the center of the trick.
Speaker 8: Exactly, something along those lines.
Speaker 5: That's I think.
Speaker 6: Even if you're not a heavy heavy comics reader, you probably have seen the panel where Thanos is like Doom approaches Thanos and Thanos is like, even without the gauntlet, I can stop you.
Speaker 5: In Doune, Doom rips his.
Speaker 6: Spine through his body, and it like it is a power setting moment that we realize how strong doom is Do we think we will get a moment like that? I don't think if that is the going to happen. I don't think it's lowkey because we've already had that with Thanos. I don't think they would do that again. But do we think it's Thor? Is Thor only in the first twenty minutes of this movie and then he gets his spine ripped out?
Speaker 5: Is it Century? Is it one of the next.
Speaker 6: Of them who, like I think someone has to be the sacrificial lamb to prove how strong.
Speaker 2: I think Charles and and in a hoodie who.
Speaker 5: Can't even get.
Speaker 9: Out of their chairs, can't get up, absolutely getting or absolutely getting wiped in the first another it's another days of future past.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: I do just want to have my one final soapbox moment, which is, yes.
Speaker 3: Please see you guys the movie. Where's the women? Not one woman? Probably not one woman talks in this movie.
Speaker 4: You're showing me fucking got red guard head, Centurylena.
Speaker 5: You get sure, you get Sue.
Speaker 2: W Lena and Mystique. So that's kind of like three in two. That's two. That makes three.
Speaker 4: I do like the fact that we get Mystique here. Potentially with the skull belt suit, the classic suit. But guys, all of these are sexually attractive women who don't have any words to say, and at multiple points the women are also comforted by men. It's not giving miss Mark capture leader.
Speaker 3: Sure is there. We get her momentarily looking tough with her.
Speaker 2: With regards to the the sea being held back. My read on that was Sue is just as strong as fuck and was doing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it could have a meeting that's in like the middle of the ocean.
Speaker 2: Also, I think they were like, yeah, let's meet in the middle of the ocean where he can't see us. Now that being said, I mean, you're you're one hundred percent right, Rosie. There is there is this undercurrent within this trailer that is something like and it's the thing that that the Devil Fantastic four, which is like we're scared of being called whoake, don't call us woke. Like this stuff will be in the movie maybe like obviously like we're not gonna go three hours or however line this movie is gonna be without characters talking and doing things and doing important things.
Speaker 3: But it's a hint.
Speaker 2: It's too you know, fucking it's a Norse god and and white Kings at the end like dapping up and being like, yo, let's fix this ship again.
Speaker 3: He's right.
Speaker 4: Final question that Jay said, who is is that the real Captain America?
Speaker 3: Because he can hold the shield? Does that mean it's Captain America from the Six?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 4: Six? Who we know?
Speaker 3: Can he hold it in every universe?
Speaker 2: He can't hold it in every universe in several year, So I think it must be Steve. And he's like, you know, just come back from his wife, Yeah, cracking Peggy for like a decade, and he's like, hey, buddy, what's up. So, yes, it's him. And the question is how does he tie into all this because you have to imagine that it's not like they're, oh, the only man that can fix this is Steve. That's that's not kind of how Marvel does stuff. It kind of feels like somehow this is Steve.
Speaker 3: It's his fault.
Speaker 2: It's his fault because he wanted to go crack Peggy and now the world's fucked up and doom exists exactly.
Speaker 6: I did see one really funny thing, one funny comment where Thor bringing me on your and having Cap draw it to him is like the two factor authentication on whether or not it's actually Captain America something that.
Speaker 7: You're a little I have one last question. Actually yes, no, So I know, like another big common complaint, particularly from like A Boo and a few other people, is that there's no plot or story, like what is this movie about?
Speaker 5: The Yeah, I didn't want to.
Speaker 6: Call out A Boo, but A Boo was like, hey, I like seeing the trailer doesn't get me, doesn't get my button seats, and it's like, okay, like I don't. I don't want the full plot in a trailer. This tells me the basic gist of it.
Speaker 9: Doom guy, let me, let me finish.
Speaker 7: So I think you can read that two ways again, like are they so confident in the movie or so high in their own supply that they feel like they don't need to do that and they can get away with it. Or on the other hand, are they not are they uncertain and they like this is the best we've got. Just give them some action shots and character reveals. So you know you could read that either way, now, Okay, yeah, go ahead. And I rewatched the Infinity War trailer just to see, like, how do they compare and I think you could say that one is equally light on story. It's mostly just character reveals and action shots. We see Thanos in his full glory for the first time.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 7: Some people could argue like, oh, well, like the lead into that was better, but I'd say we the lead into this, I feel like is comparable in the sense that, like in Infinity or Renew, Thanos is finally here, He's getting the Stones, all the heroes are coming together to try to stop him. In this one, we know, like, okay, there, these three universes are going to be on a collision course their incursions. Doom is coming. They're all gonna have to team up to stop him. I feel like that's kind of the same level of knowing where the plot of the movie is going to be going in. It feels equitable to me.
Speaker 3: The hype is just different.
Speaker 8: Yes, the hype, I will say, is different.
Speaker 6: Yes, take into account Aboo is on the payroll of Big Trade's right now. He will do anything he can to make Doom be a bigger story.
Speaker 4: Calm down that you two have been arguated the team's chat about this trailer bringing it on to the recording.
Speaker 2: Well, let me just I'll just you know, very briefly say, that's why I said, and your point is why I said. This trailer did not exactly shoot down the worries that I think we've had and other people said about this film, which you know, namely that they don't know what the story is at this point that they're trying to make, you know, let it emerge through the editing. Has been some of the sourced, unsourced rumors that have emerged, and certainly this trailer did not shoot that down. And so that with regards to story, I could have loved. I would have liked a little bit of a hint at what the story arc is, like you know, you see it. There's an issue that like novice writers have when writing, you know, like a writer will be like, oh, I have this great idea, I have this great like story that I'm working on. I'm okay, what is it? And now I'm just going to recap back to the future. But it's like, oh, so this this old scientist like invents a time machine and the time machines like a in an eighties sports cards in a DeLorean, and this kid accidentally goes back to the fifties. Okay, so that's a setup. That's not a story, and this trailer is a setup. It's not a it doesn't hint at a story. It's doctor Doom is here and all the heroes need to do something about it. Okay, but what's the story? What happens? You know, like what do they go through? And we don't really get a hint of that. So I I think everybody is right, but it's how we all reacted to it. And I wonder if at I think Aaron's is clearly like the more.
Speaker 3: Aaron's the end character.
Speaker 2: I think I think Aaron is the target audience and there are ten million of him?
Speaker 3: M hm, how much is it at?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: Actually, I'm like, is it let's say, yeah, okay, thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: Let's just say let's just quick take a look.
Speaker 5: And that's why I check out twelve million?
Speaker 8: Shut whoa.
Speaker 5: Impressive?
Speaker 2: Now wait, mild conspiracy theory? Do we think that Disney is buying views?
Speaker 3: What this happens?
Speaker 2: You doesn't know? You ad like, people don't do this like this.
Speaker 4: I love it, It's just we don't often like acknowledge that the company.
Speaker 6: Is still updated, updated from when I updated you on twelve minutes now twelve point seven.
Speaker 2: Is there a server farm filled with fifteen million phones in the jungles of Mayan mar that is clicking on this trailer?
Speaker 3: Like three million?
Speaker 1: Puts?
Speaker 6: Okay, at least three yes, I one hundred think that's realistic. But to act like this is the first movie to ever do that is wild. Just to think you're right, what are the comments at?
Speaker 2: What are the comments at? How many comments?
Speaker 5: One hundred and twenty four thousand?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And then also I will say Joel before she pulled, before we recorded, she was pulling up, i'mac like sorry, I should say Infinity Vision screenings.
Speaker 3: In LA and they.
Speaker 1: Work pretty much Infinite Vision.
Speaker 4: They were pretty much all sold out, So I yeah, it has a launch for the ticket sales, this is an undeniable success.
Speaker 10: It's an under and I think that while the numbers that keep going this fast, probably if it beats Spider Man Brand New Day by just a little bit, I'm probably gonna guess that there was a bit of boting involved to make this the most.
Speaker 3: Popular twenty four hour trailer.
Speaker 4: But there is obviously genuine hype and it was really great to see all of our discord getting so excited and like theorizing Yeah, okay, come on, we're doing a whole extra episode about it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're gonna see the movie.
Speaker 6: Guys were small point of comparison, the Superman trailer has thirty four thousand comments, so Doomsday having one hundred and twenty four almost one hundred thousand more is kind.
Speaker 2: Of James Gunn is finished.
Speaker 3: It is done. That's an episode for a different day.
Speaker 4: I need you guys to go and see if you They posted a green lantern asset today and I was like, oh, wowday.
Speaker 2: I know I saw it today. James, guys were.
Speaker 3: Not talking about it, like do it or do a really sick asset? But that was not the one. I know. I'm sad, but all right.
Speaker 2: On the next episode of Extra Orision, we're diving into X Men ninety seven episode two oh six, and there are obviously roundtable which we are about to record right now. X ray Vision is hosted by Jason Spcion and Rosie Knight and is a production of iHeart Podcast.
Speaker 4: Our executive producers are Joel Monique and Aaron Kaufman.
Speaker 2: Our supervising producer is Abu Zafar.
Speaker 4: Our producers are Common Laurent Dean Jonathan and Fay wag.
Speaker 2: Our theme song is by Brian Vasquez, with alternate theme songs by Aaron Kauffman.
Speaker 4: Special thanks to Soul Rubin, Chris Lord, Kenny Goodman and Heidi our discord moderator,