Speaker 1: Welcome to Insider's Guide to the Other Side, a production of iHeartRadio. Hi, y'all, I'm Julie.
Speaker 2: Hi there, I'm Brenda. Welcome to Insider's Guide to the Other Side.
Speaker 1: Now, y'all need to know that we are obsessed with everything on the other side.
Speaker 2: Yes, we are, because once you learn to navigate the energetic, or to some the invisible world, life is going to be more fun and much more serene.
Speaker 1: Uh heck, yes it can. Because, let's be honest, brand, earth school is hard. In fact, you taught me.
Speaker 2: That, let's crush Earth School together.
Speaker 1: Well, hello, my witchy o pooh, how are you you know?
Speaker 2: Oh, my goodness, my alf I am a busy, good witch these days. I am getting ready to teach my only spirit guy class online this year. Whoa no, And we've got some new visuals and it's all just very exciting. Yeah, so that's coming up.
Speaker 1: I love that. When wait, when is it coming up?
Speaker 2: August eighth is the first class.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, not for nothing, it's a day after my birthday. Because I am a Leo. I have to tell everybody that. So I was commenting on your Instagram host about we're Leo. I'm like, yeah, we are very response. Okay, so August say, now where can people sign up?
Speaker 2: Just Brenda dash Roods dot com.
Speaker 1: Oh that's easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I think it's really interesting and my you know elfin way that the irony or this is call it synchronicity. You you beginning this class very soon, and and I just have to say I have been Actually I got kind of lack with my guides. I think have my own personal crap, you know, like well moving and just all that kind of stuff. You kind of get caught up in that stuff. And it's funny because I think I was just telling you the other day, I started to get reconnected and it has been incredible, I mean incredible. I just encourage people like it's I mean ideally you practice it regularly. There are people that do and have those conversations. And everybody's heard about my story about Jacob take the Wheel and how he saved my laugh on the four or five. But you know, I went just through. I went recently to Los Angeles and I saw Patricia and we were back in her weird awesome room she has since she closed a Crystal Matrix, and we were both like jiving with our guides talking about stuff and it was just so much fun and it was so healing and like, even though it doesn't feel like you're on Earth, but I feel like I'm back to Earth as a result of it, because.
Speaker 2: Of Yeah, it's very grounding, right, yes, yes, And it's so interesting because you know, recently I taught the class in person at Eslyn in June, and so we just had our forty day check in together as a group, and it was just so sweet to see everyone and everyone was so excited to be reunited, you know, visually and see people and see each other. It was really sweet. But to hear about their experiences and how their lives have changed, and you know, with the practices that they were given in class, how they're using them and it's just shifting their lives.
Speaker 1: Can you share anything without names?
Speaker 2: Well, it's just they notice the difference between when I do the practice in the morning before you know, I engage in my world and then when I'm done doing the practice, or if if you know, something happens in the morning and I don't get my practice in the day is just harder. It's a little wonky, it doesn't flow, it's not as easeful. I'm not as calm like. It's so just taking that time to connect in with those guides and have them on the ready and feeling the confidence of that. And one of the students reminded me in a reconnection. She was so sweet, she said, I remember you said you teach this class because you want as many people as possible to have the experience where they never have to be lonely again, that they are so connected and loved and supported in their journeys. And when you said it, I thought that was really nice. But then I took the class and I really under and I practiced when I came home, and I understand now what you're talking about. I didn't really know that feeling before, and how it's just empowered her confidence in life, in everything she does, not just in connecting with her guides, but knowing that she had you know they have her back, and that you know it's they're going to support her, They're going to be there, They're going to make it great. Anyhow. It was really it was really quite beautiful to hear her new perspective on life.
Speaker 1: And not for nothing, humans like in the in our meat puppet body, we all drag around. Part of that is that we're social creatures, right when we talk about a loneeness. And you know, I wrote this in my book, It's like, why why is the harshest penalty for our worst criminals is that they're in solitary confinement because that is the worst punishment for a human, right.
Speaker 2: We're social creatures, yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, And so it makes all the sense in the world about why it sounded good, right, But then when you're your student practiced it embodied what it had sounded like, right, Like it's like, oh, this is so much better because now because she feels it. Right, it's not just in the it's not in the in the air and the head kind of thing which is just dawned on me, is that what we call people airheads because the air sign is the mental sign. It's all I'm saying this question for later because I have so noticed. I know this is like it's your class, but you know, I can't help it. I step to keep talking. But you know, Jacob, who was my main man, there are times like I can feel him and it's behind me because when I do, like like my work work with him, he's usually behind me. And that rapping. It's like wings. It's like it's like it's like a safety, you know, even though it's so ethereal right, and safety is such a like on mas Low it's like number two from the bottom of the pyramid, right, but it's this, it's this safety that is extends humanness. I don't yeah, no, I that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's what I mean, like they have your back, They literally have your back.
Speaker 1: Oh my, technically I just told that story. You just said that would even connect it.
Speaker 2: That's what I was talking about.
Speaker 1: Your elf is slightly slow, not at all, because I have to confess I just learned something that was I was a little distraught when I got my haircut. You can't tell I got my haircut, by the way, it's in a pony because I can't wear this hits it with me, right, Okay, not that everybody's listening cares. We're just sorting this out. I got my haircut yesterday, and I'm saying, I'm like, what product I go my hair It's like it's humid, but I know it's dry here. And she's like, oh no, Julie. She goes, you're eighty five percent gray now, and those are white hair and they're wild and there, and she goes, you could very well end up with that, like only I said, I'm gonna be like a white haired witch, like by the time I'm old and I'm and I'm not even that old, so not even that olde yet. And but it's like I'm like, Okay, she goes, you have a little bit of your natural color, you have gray, and you have the wild white hair.
Speaker 2: I'm like, well, shit, well you are a wild child.
Speaker 1: It's just a reminder what the body's doing, you know. It's like, Okay, here we go, white haired witch. Anyway, the I don't know where I was going with that doesn't really matter the most important part of this whole first section is that y'all sign the fuck up. It is life changing. And I love that you taught it. This an escellent and they're getting back to you and they're sharing these stories with you. Everybody needs to me, Everyone needs to find their Jacob. And there's more than just one.
Speaker 2: But yeh, And I would just remind people that you're working with your guides anyhow, you might as well become aware of it, right right, so you can like have a little party and give.
Speaker 1: And they have names.
Speaker 2: They have names, and they have names and functions, and it's nice to be able to personalize it, to let it be a deep spiritual practice and you know, bring you to your best in everything you do. Like that, right, It's part of their job. It literally is their assignment that they've they've signed up for.
Speaker 1: And if you care to have your life saved, get to know your guide.
Speaker 2: It can come in super handy, without a doubt, without a doubt.
Speaker 1: So today we are talking more in our folklore mini series, and today we're we're talking about fairies. And I don't mean like my gay people fairies. I mean like the ethereal fairies, because I could do that all day long. I can tell you all about other fairies which they can't be banilla, banillovant, it's a word I hate say it for me, banilla, but bvlla, yeah that too. They can be that, and they can be evil. But those are just the gay fairies. So but we're going to be back in just a minute and we're going to talk fairies. Y'all.
Speaker 2: Welcome back.
Speaker 1: We laugh, I mean, just do y'all. Do you wonder why we laugh every single time we come back? We start every sin. When we restart, we just like are giggling, We just have fun. Ye.
Speaker 2: I love that we have fairies and talking about spirit guides in the same episode because like they're nuanced and layered, right, So what do you know, what did what did nerdy el find out about fairies?
Speaker 1: Well, nerdy elf has stuff to say. But in my way, of course, you know, I like to go I start with movies, so we're going to start there. And what's really interesting. Out of really all of the folk lore mythicalness creatures, if you want to call them that kind of category, fairies are funny enough, the most prevalent in storytelling.
Speaker 2: I did not know that.
Speaker 1: I have a list and I'm just going to run through some of them. And because I think that maybe some people who want to like kind of live this whole little fairy world right now, which ps I have been. I'm gonna tell you guys, it is the greatest thing h studying, right because it's like I'm living, like with the fairies as I go through this stuff, and it's so much fun. So shrinking down, I mean tiny, y'all. I'm gonna be a tiny ass elf, not just a short one.
Speaker 2: It's the movie where they shrunk them down that one.
Speaker 1: Honey, I shrank the kids. I don't think it was fairies.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, but that's I'm thinking for you, Like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Totally, that's me. It's gonna be uh, which I shrunk my health or whatever. So you know tinker Bell being the most famous, right, it's got it. I mean it's also the oldest, the most famous. Huh. Very global, Oh, totally global. But we also have there's a movie called fairy Tale the Dark Crystal. I did watch that and I really liked it. It's kind of a it's a little CULTI because it's weird.
Speaker 2: I'll take your word for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I love I have a I have a long sleeve T shirt that I bought from the Oscars dot org. Like they have a store that they had me museum store and they actually sell or did these like dark Crystal themed. I mean it has like the poster on it and the cools. Anyway, I have a long sleeve T shirt of the Dark Crystal because it's weird. So I'm just saying out loud. We had Peter pan I mean, come On, which eventually became the movie Hook, right, that had.
Speaker 2: So Peter pans a fairy.
Speaker 1: There's a fairy in Peter Pan.
Speaker 2: Oh there's a very yeah, isn't this But.
Speaker 1: There are two separate movies. I'm just telling it. There's a lot of fairy action going on here.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: There's also like a kind of a kid's movie called Ella Enchanted. There's another movie which I haven't seen. So, by the way, I now have a new movie list. I'm just gonna live. But you know it's my fairy movie list. So you'll get your if you if you're not driving or do anything important, start writing the ship down. So Willow is another one. Oh, Pans lab lab LABYRINTHA.
Speaker 2: What is wrong with me? It's in its shadow phase. We'll just let that go.
Speaker 1: Thank you. That's another one. Also weird like it's there's some good weird fairy movies, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So when you say weird, do you mean dark?
Speaker 1: Do you mean they can sometimes dark? But sometimes it's weird like it's not like so when you have like kids stories for fairies like a Peter Pan or a tinker Bell, you have them like interacting a lot with humans and very much on the human kind of plane. But in some of these they're not on the human plane. Okay, Like right, so, like Dark Crystal is not Pan's Lab Labyrinth is not. Like that's what I mean, Like it's more otherworldly. But it's a very very fine question on my definition of weird. Okay, there's the Spiderwork Chronicles that actually if you have Roku, you can watch it on Roku based on the books. I can't believe. I know that. I just talked to my friend at Roku random. Well, I just talked to my friend Jay over there. There's there's a movie called It's a Disney movie called Artemis Fowl. There's another. There's several Disney movies that have fairies in them, like even Maleficent with Angelina Joli there's fairies in that. I even saw there's a movie and I'm like, oh, I need to watch this one. It's called Pirate fair I'm like, what the hell is that? I need to watch that. There's another uh uh. I think it was a DreamWorks movie and I don't think. I think maybe I did work on it called Rise of the Guardians. Oh no, that was right before I started working on DreamWorks. Was called Rise of the Guardians. It's a uh uh, it's an animated film Fairies, and that my favorite one is actually The Tooth Fairy. Okay, I have a feeling I've never told this story, so we're going to divert slightly because this is one of my favorite Hollywood stories ever. So The Tooth Fairy started Dwayne john Has starred Dwyane Johnson The Rock. It also had Julie Andrews in the movie as well, and so it was the cutest movie. It was one of the first, like within my first year, now, maybe my first few years I worked at Fox, probably my first three. So we have they're called filmmaker meetings, and Dwyane is in the filmmaker meeting and ps in person, you don't call him the Rock. His name was Dwayne. So we're having this great meeting with him. And afterwards, so and you remember when I was around that age, I was in the best shape ever. I had hatch my trainer, I was skinny, I was strong. I was like beating boys at work arm wrestling like that was that face so left handed just ps everybody, and I'm right handed. So after the meeting, Dwayne was like, Juliet, was so great to meet you. I'm so excited. The marketing plan looks great. We have this really lovely conversation and I said, I cannot wait to see you again. And I said, and I have to tell you. He goes, what's that? And I said, next time, I'm going to challenge you to him arm wrestle. He goes, oh you are. He goes, well, let me tell you some I go, what's that? He goes, I'm not going to let you win. I said, that's interesting, because let me tell you something. He goes, what's that? Literally, guys, this is that. When he goes, what's that, I said, I'm not going to let you win either. That man stood twice my size, giggling like a little school girl. So watch The Tooth Fairy, just because he's an awesome dude, I mean, because he was like in the movie, he was this guy who didn't believe he was made to be a fairy and that he was kind of a fussy kind of guy. And you know this, this is his transition to not being a fuzzy guy, you know whatever. So anyway, I had to share that story. I'm very excited about The Tooth. I still love that movie. So anyway, there's lots of movies about it. And it's funny because seriously, I just I want to repeat this because I've been I've literally been saying this. It is the most prevalent. It's like, you don't see this many movies about the Lockness Monster. You don't see it about Bigfoot, you don't see as many dragon movies. You don't see Elf movie, like you see a couple Elf movies. But it's fairies, like they're literally everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's that is the thing about fairies.
Speaker 1: They're everywhere exactly. So let me tell you my nerdy party. Ready for my nerdy part. I know I'm very tatty, I promise y'all, and that you're gonna hear from Brenda a lot more. But it's like, I get it super excited about this stuff.
Speaker 2: Woice, come on.
Speaker 1: So it's fucking fairies. Not just fairies, it's fucking fairies. So in speaking of I will talk about fucking fairies here in a minute. But so for real, there's a thing in here about not technically don't use that language, but that's elf language. But anyway, so for those who might not be totally familiar with what a fairy is, it is in writing what they say. It's a mythical being, which we will address that of folklore and romance, usually having magical powers and dwelling on earth. In close relationship with humans. It can appear as a dwarf creature, typically having green clothes and hair, living underground or in stone heaps, and character and characteristic. I can't speak characteristically, good God, damn, exercising magic powers to benevolent ends. I should not be reading today.
Speaker 2: They're doing great, You're doing great.
Speaker 1: I can't pronounce anything, so I just made it.
Speaker 2: It makes me giggle because when you do the fairy emojis, they're they're green, right.
Speaker 1: They're green, and that funny. I didn't know that until you just made that connection.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, yeah, there's also multiple ways to spell them, but we don't have to get into that level of detail. So here's what's.
Speaker 2: Actually that just comes from the because it's a global phenomena.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well, which is when you go back to.
Speaker 2: The Celtic right, they spell it differently.
Speaker 1: This is where we're headed, whichy pooh pooh, pooh wooh is The term fairy goes back to the Middle Ages in Europe. They appear like they're they're from, like when we have our oral history as well, because we know we start going back, you know, four or five hundred plus years ago, we were dealing with, you know, a population that was pretty illiterate, right, So so much was through oral history. They also have written history as well about fairies, and they have them from Sanskrit. There's a word called gandharva g a n d h a r v a, which means semi divine celestial musicians.
Speaker 2: Isn't that fun like cord gestures.
Speaker 1: But fairies is what they call them. Yeah, And then they talked about, of course, the the nymphs nymphs of Greek mythology and Homer, and then they also have the j I n n i of Arabic mythology. And then there's also similar folk characters of the Samoans, of the Arctic peoples and of other indigenous Americans. So you said global, and you were fully you got a plus on the global because it is. But this is where all the you know, again, whether it's written or oral, this is where this has been compiled from was all over the world. And the different you know, terms they had for them, the names they had for them, and the different parts of the world. So I think it's really fascinating. And of course we've certainly talked about how fairies have been characterized in like children's movies specifically, and so a lot of what I pulled up talks about that. What's interesting is some of them how it shifted from the early dates. Is that again, this is like, you know, because modern day we ruined lots of stuff, they have made them more sinister at times, right, Like, so we see the sinister part coming in.
Speaker 2: Well fairies, can you know we talked about elves and how elves can take things into the other realm. Fairies can do the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yes they can.
Speaker 2: I mean they do it a little differently, but they do. They do like to hide things on us because they like to play with us.
Speaker 1: They like to play with us, exactly right. So let me just tell you. So I'm going to read again. Hopefully I can say these words so, but but if I read it, I'm going to get it right because it's interesting about how things have how have they've shifted, And it also gets to the point when I call them fucking fairies. So hold on. So fairies are usually conceived as being characteristic, characteristically beautiful or handsome, and is having lives corresponding to those as human beings.
Speaker 2: Mh uh.
Speaker 1: Though they say that the fairies live longer, they also say they don't have souls. So that's one thing I had a question for you about. And I say that the Internet says they don't have souls.
Speaker 2: Is they don't have human souls. They have fairy souls.
Speaker 1: That's what I was thinking because.
Speaker 2: I identified it as like how we identify our human song.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, because I read that, I'm like, I don't think my wichipo is gonna agree with this, because like my intuition was, no, that's not right. They're just not getting it right. They like, yes, like the human soul part for sure. So then it continues. They often carry off children and there, but they they will leave changeling substitutes. Do you want to tell everybody what changeling is, Well, they'll just leave.
Speaker 2: It's like when they take something they so that you don't think like, oh, maybe I didn't put it there. They'll leave something in its place, like a calling card that says now game on, like now you have to play with me. You have to play with me to get this back.
Speaker 1: That's how hilarious.
Speaker 2: That's how I think of it. I'm throwing down. They're thrown down a gauntlet to play, right.
Speaker 1: They also carry off adults to fairyland, which resemble what they say, which resembles pre Christian abodes of the dead what that sentence means. But here's the interesting part. People transported to fairy land cannot return if they eat or drink there. It's note if you get carried off, y'all.
Speaker 2: Okay, but think about it. Fairies are little. What are they going to serve you that you're interested in? Right?
Speaker 1: Well, that's totally fair. Like you can get a shot of something, you know, like here's a geos seed, here's a fairy cheese seed. Oh my god, we should start a whole new line of chia seasons. It's call them fairy seeds and eat them.
Speaker 2: But my point is, like, you know, if you're human, you get carried into fairy land, they're not gonna it's not gonna be enticing to you like that. I'm gonna have to eat like a hole, you know, a whole truckload of that to even taste it.
Speaker 1: Come on, right, Okay, I'm just telling this is what they're saying, this is what theyself me. Let me tell us. The Internet tells me fair in human lovers may marry, though only with restrictions whose violation ends the marriage and often the life of the human. That's why I said, That's why I said, fucking fairies, people do.
Speaker 2: Not do not be confused. It's not worth your life.
Speaker 1: That's right, y'all. There's yeah, there's no Jdvans. You don't need to do it with a sofa. You don't need to do it with a fairy. You've been out of the news, Brenda anyway, you look it up later. And it also some female fairies are deadly to human lovers.
Speaker 2: Go girls make black widow sort of situations.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, Also, female fairies may tell fortunes, particularly prophesizing at birth and foretelling deaths. Internet says, what do you think about.
Speaker 2: That, Well, considering that they are black widow lovers think that would be an easy they'd be a ringer.
Speaker 1: I think so too. It's like the fairyland is truly where girls rule. This is what it sounds like to me. I love it. There's also there's apparently herbs that are potent against fairies. Do you know about that? One of them is Saint John's wart, and it's also it's called it. Okay, it's saying it's a John and it's a wart. I mean, honestly, the name of it makes it frankly potent against me. I'm getting a no on that, Okay, horse shit. Okay, what about ya o y A R R O W.
Speaker 2: I'm getting a no on that.
Speaker 1: Okay. So this is a bullshit part. So it Elsa says hawthorn trees checking that one too. She's doing her little charley stuff, y'all.
Speaker 2: It depends on it depends on the regional of the region of the fairy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's hilarious. Okay, a foxglove and grand cellar, oh are also dear to them. Oh and if you abuse those trees or plants, it may bring retribution.
Speaker 2: So the fairies do have such a strong connection with herbs and plants in general. So often if you are working in a garden or you are, you know, harvesting medicinal plants, you would make offerings, right, you would think the plant and the fairies that helped it grow, so cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need to remind Susannah that because she's getting ready to do that at our house. Okay, I just noticed the time. We're going to take a really quick break and we're going to come back because I can't wait to hear what you have to say. Okay, y'all, we'll be right back. Okay, y'all, we're back, and Brenda's going to fix everything I just said. Except because it's a girl's wonderland. I love that. I want to go to Faeryland.
Speaker 2: So all I was saying is I asked what Susanne will be harvesting. And because it's not always clear what an offering is, and an offering can be anything that is heartfelt. It can be something that you create. It can be food, it can be song, it can be a dance, it can be a prayer. But something that's very traditionally an offering is tobacco. Julie's doing an interpretive dance.
Speaker 1: I got a dance man.
Speaker 2: My friend Sianna plays a penny flute that she's always making offerings. Today.
Speaker 1: I need to get Susanna flute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just it can be a little recorder, a little penny for yeah.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm going to get one off Amazon, like literally after we finished recording. I'm getting I'm making a note flute and she'll be like, what the hell are you doing?
Speaker 2: It's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 1: I'll be like, baby, this is your offer to the fairies.
Speaker 2: Did keep the soil fertile and vibrant?
Speaker 1: And yes? And I can sit and watching giggle in the corner that my girls.
Speaker 2: Play in a flute and helpfully dancing, and.
Speaker 1: I'll be dancing. Oh my god, I'll dance their.
Speaker 2: A flute exactly. See how he dovetails together?
Speaker 1: So good.
Speaker 2: But it creates such a lovely cycle, right, because you're receiving the benefits of the plant and they're receiving your blessings.
Speaker 1: So now I think we've talked about this, but we've been doing the show now. It was five years, so you know, long term memories get a little sketchy. But I because of this topic and one of the things I remember so much about just getting to know you over the years has been kind of your your first experience with the other side, Like you were a little girl, right, So why don't you tell us, tell us give us your version of fairies from your experience.
Speaker 2: So I'm I'm under the age of five, and we are in a nineteen seventies station wagon, like the full Ford station wagon experience from the seventies. Google it. It's and so we have this. We have the back seat down and we have the way back seat down, and so it's like we've got blankets and pillows and books and crayons and toys, and you know, it's like I thought I'd think of it like a moving campground in the back, right, and is what's happening? And we of course this was pre air conditioning, right, So the windows are all down and we're driving from Wisconsin. We have a family of five, Yeah, driving from Wisconsin to Texas in July, right, So it's just a nightmare. It's hot and it's it's crazy. And so we were ritsen around in the back seat and we're going through Saint Louis or rush hour traffic, and my mom's navigating from the passengers side with this fold out map and telling my dad where to go, and and all of a sudden, my feather pillow breaks loose and there are feathers everywhere, like it is everywhere, and it's swirling in the car. Right. My dad can't see, and he's somehow he instinctally knows that it's my pillow, right, and starts yelling at me. How do you know that? But the reason it's important of the pillow breaking is because I couldn't stop giggling. I thought it was the funniest thing that had ever happened in my short life. Like I was just like, oh my god, this is the best thing ever. And I'm inhaling feathers because I'm laughing so hard. And when the feathers cleared, and what I saw were these like clear bubbles that I could play with and I could move with my mind or I could move with my fingers before I could touch it, and it was like these energy patterns that I was playing with. And someone said, oh, it's totally what the fairies would do. They would totally break a pillow and then want to play with you.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, I love that. And you were so young, yeah, and how And that's actually what a perfect age, right, because you know, the all the movies that I mentioned, most of them are animated movies, and like it's for children, it's for the wonderment right of being a child, you know, I'll tell you during my my beginning of my ghost photography and still to this day, I have seen and you talked about bubbles, right, I've seen other photos and it's so funny to me because I've seen them and really nice hotels where they just have whatever art they buy, you know, and they'll have like if it's at nighttime in the street lights. And sometimes when you see that photograph you see little round bubbles, there's something inside of every one of them. I have stood there at work meetings and I have brought executives, you know, with me. Do you guys see that in there? They're like, what is that? They'll have it there, Holy crap, and they're like, nobody's probably ever noticed this. I said no, because nobody notices the fairies the way they should.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: They don't look the same either, by the way, they don't.
Speaker 2: But they have a different charge than the rest of the background.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do. I've seen little I've seen little elephants and some of the bubbles.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Not like all kinds of creatures.
Speaker 1: Right, they can write, like you said, they.
Speaker 2: Can take different shapes and forms and yeah, and colors and yeah. But these these were very playful, very joyful.
Speaker 1: So let's redefine a word that I used in the beginning of this the definition that came from the people of the Inner Web, and they talk about it being methought, like it's it's a myth and it's just another dimension, is what it is. It's not a myth. And if you experience things like this, you're not crazy. Obviously we say this all the time. If you do this, you're not crazy. But it is it is a very real experience. And I think that's the important part of this. Like, you know, we talked about elves. You know, people in Ireland they actually changed their their design of their highway system because of where the elves were very real to them. Right, it doesn't make it where it's not. It's not untrue. It's not a myth. It's real. Fairies to you were real. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And often like puppies and babies and kiddies will play with things that we can't see, right, oh and a lot of times that'll be uh, you know, just energy patterns we can't see.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Or if you take a picture, sometimes you'll catch those those globes of light.
Speaker 1: I catch those little yeah, little fuckers all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And it's fun when you get when you because I have a picture of my shitsu when she was a puppy playing with those botts of light that I couldn't see when I took the picture. When I got that, got it developed because it was back in the day.
Speaker 1: So Maggie was you get Maggie's magical dog. Let's be honest, because I took a picture for your house after it was her time to cross, and I'm like, girl, I think this is Maggie. You're like, oh my god, that's my girl. She was most magical dog. So anyway, I love these conversations. I hope that. I mean, I hope we just changed this podcast to like lore and mythology because this would be It's just so much fun to talk about it. It's so much fun, and it's a part of our world, right it isn't. It's energetic, it's not just the mythical part.
Speaker 2: And again I love that it goes back so many centuries and across the globe.
Speaker 1: Yes, me too.
Speaker 2: It's just it's just part of the human experience.
Speaker 1: So yes, it is. Wait till we talk about Dragon Jall. That's coming up next.
Speaker 2: Well, nerdy elf, thank you for bringing all the fun, all the magic, and remember our.
Speaker 1: School without the other side. And fairies and spell them any way you choose, and even your gay friends there your fairies too.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to everybody, Bye y'all, Thank you for joining us everyone, and a special thanks to our producer Joey Patt and our executive producer Maya Cole Howard, who guides us while we guide.
Speaker 1: You hit us up on Instagram at other Side Guides, or shoot us a note at high Hi at vibes dot store.
Speaker 2: We want to know what you think, we want to know what you know, and we want to hear your stories. And remember, our school is.
Speaker 1: Hard without the other Side. Insider's Guide to the Other Side is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Spotify, Apple podcast, or wherever you get your podcasts.