Speaker 1: You're listening to Fox Sports Radio Radio.
Speaker 2: It's a Dan Patrick show here on Fox Sports Radio. He's LeVar Arrington. That guy's Brady Quinn. I'm Jonas Knox in for Nan and the guys. You can hear us weekday mornings before the Dan Patrick Show six am Eastern Time, three o'clock Pacific. We'll take you all the way up until the end of this hour here on this Thursday edition. And we do want to let you know that you can watch along on YouTube as well too, so check it out. You search two pros FSR within YouTube again, that's two pros FSR. Hit the subscribe button. After you've done that, tap the thumbs up icon and comment away whether you agree or disagree. Let us know what you think. Again, just search two pros FSR on YouTube and subscribe. I just tried on the fanciest watch I've ever tried on ever in my life.
Speaker 3: Just now. It's awesome. Is that one of Levar's bedazzled watches?
Speaker 4: My god thinks, so cool? So cool? Love it? Can I have it? Sure? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Seeing like that, is that what it was? Watches that you bought somewhere there's like a jeweler and make it for.
Speaker 4: You is a bright it's a brightling. Oh but I didn't have it made about it? Okay, I don't. I don't. I don't really believe in going second like you know, like aftermarket on stuff. Yeah, you know, I'd like to keep it above board, like oh that you got it, like it has like a serial code number two when you're spending that type of mind because I wanted to translate. Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean. Yeah, yeah, those are sweet.
Speaker 2: It's better than my Cassio. I'll tell you that. But hey, Cassio is a cool watch.
Speaker 4: Yeah. They make good uh good. They're coming back keyboards too, you know, I like their keyboards. Nice. Well, I got a question for you. It's a serious cance. Do you have any Do you have a big project coming up?
Speaker 2: Because chat gpt has a new agent for larger projects, chat gpt work give it a goal and help turn scattered materials into finished work and gets started at chat gpt dot com by selecting work mode available on plus and pro plans.
Speaker 4: All right, So stop me. Have you heard this before.
Speaker 2: There's a player in the NFL who's looking stop paid.
Speaker 4: All right, he's looking to get paid.
Speaker 2: He's missing time but it has nothing to do with the contract. You know, they're just trying to work through a little bit of an issue and an injury. And apparently that is the case in New England where Christian Gonzales, he's not going to be taking part. I didn't take part in the joint practice on Wednesday, and Mike Rabel said, you know, he's going to remain out of practice. But look he's been out of practice a few days now, and Rabel said that it's got you know, nothing to do at all with the contract that they're trying to work through. He's got nothing to do with it. That's it has nothing to see here. This is simply just trying to manage a little bit of an injury issue going on there with Christian Gonzales. And look, we saw this with Kyle Shanahan. He made the same point when it came to Christian McCaffrey. Mike Rabel saying the same thing about Christian Gonzales. And if there's two coaches who you can trust this offseason in the NFL, to tell you the truth, I would say it's those two guys.
Speaker 4: So I'm an agreement here. I think there's nothing going on here.
Speaker 2: This is no contract issue at all, simply an injury in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Again, here's the reality of it. Even if it is a contract issue, no coach is going to talk about her or say that, because then it puts more pressure on the player and they're gonna be upset about it. It makes that negotiation harder. So as much as you can keep in house, you try to keep in house, and in particular when it's this time of year where we don't have games necessarily outside of the preseason games, especially for the veteran players, every coach harps this. I'm sure LeVar, you could probably recount this from your time. They all talk about the distractions and the business of football. Everything else that goes on outside of football all becomes those things that stack up, and at a heated time when you've got guys who are trying to make the roster, trying to make a job or in competition for jobs, you don't need to create any more drama and more distractions than you need to. So it's not surprising you would take the stance. Again, my assumption is before the season, as a player, you'd like to get the business done, whether it's a contract extension, or something you're trying to rework or trying to get more guarantees, like you want to put that stuff to bed before the actual real game start, and you're putting harm's way.
Speaker 4: I just look at it from I guess a very simple and sensible, you know, kind of perspective, which is is down the line of what Q just alluded to. If if you're in a situation where there's a contract, you know, negotiation will say going on. I feel like there's a lot more leniency and a lot more flexibility as to how players are treated in these moments. I don't think it's always been like that. I think it's been more adversarial, confrontational and divisive and aggressive and unnecessary in terms of how it makes the player feel and how it makes the organization feel. For some strange reason, I think that it's relaxed. It's gotten a ton more relaxed. Maybe it's the awareness of all all sides that are involved and the understanding of you have to treat what you're doing as a business. And and so for me, when I hear these these reports, of course they're lying. They're not telling you the truth. I mean, that's that's the bottom line, you're not going to know the truth other than they're trying to get the contract situation resolved, and they're probably going to get it resolved one way or the other. It may go the way in the direction of what just happened with viavea vita via via vea vitaea. But it may also but is it well yeah, but you know, oh, or it may go to Michael Parsons in Chicago, Chicago, we we uh. Or it may go the Michael Parsons direction too right where it doesn't you know? And then you want to start And then that did become adversarial, That did become confrontational on a training table during a preseason baby but made it a point to say he was laying on if that man was hungry and he wasn't playing and he was a little bit tired, his back was hurting, whatever it may have been at that moment in time, what's the problem with him having some nachos? Why he's relaxing on one of the tables. And by the way, was it nachos or chili cheese fries? I think the nachos. They said nachos that up here?
Speaker 3: Does that does that matter? I mean if it's chili cheese fries versus n offensive.
Speaker 2: I think fork. I think he's if he's gonna walk in his hand more professional.
Speaker 4: Oh see, I was going the other way. Fork in his aad meant that he was like really really comfortable because imagine.
Speaker 3: You're no, he's having a meal. You're using your hands. It's a snack, so it feels a little different.
Speaker 2: He's sitting there on a training table. There's some guy fighting for his football life out there, and he's licking cheese off his fingers with utensil. Though now you don't know it's it's worse if he has a it's disrespectful, like and I think that's really the big reason why he got trained. The point is is that which one stronger.
Speaker 4: Statement sending them away? Oh you're still on the food? Yes?
Speaker 3: Sorry, Uh.
Speaker 4: The stronger statement has to be the chill.
Speaker 3: Because there's the yeah, because you can't practice after that correct the chance and you could to everyone else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but in the moment, it's not as messy like. That's the and I will say this.
Speaker 3: About afterwards, go to bed.
Speaker 4: Nanchos is one of the most.
Speaker 3: They knock the crap out of someone. It's a lot easier after you chose.
Speaker 2: With with With nachos, I would say that those are like that is done the wrong way more often than just about any food item.
Speaker 4: You got to go to a baseball game, you gotta layer it. You put one layer down and then you put the stuff on the concession stand. Cheeseburgers at little league baseball games tastes better than any burger you've ever had in your entire life. They don't clean those grills. I can't. Is that what it is? Seasons? Seasons? It? All I know is the best burger I've ever had has always been at a little league baseball game. The best nachos I've ever heard, the best nachos I've had have been at little league football games or back baseball games, I don't know. And they always pop that can open, and it's like I've gotten the can before and done it at my house. Doesn't taste the same. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I just don't have an industrial sized cannon. Yeah, I'm with you, man, Like, are.
Speaker 4: We going to the game today, that boring ass game? Yeah? Yeah? What what? What? What's exciting you? We got neighbors up top. I could go up there with my nachos and my burger. Sit on there there. This is what we used to do in Manhattan, beach. I go up, I get my burger, get my my nachos, go up the little hill to where one of the parents that had a kid on the team. We sit on their porch and drink beer while I was eating my burger and my nachos. And by the time I finished, it'd be half through through the game. Go back down, go son, good job, good for you. How much longer? And there you go. That's where Mike I got it from. That makes sense. That makes sense. You go. He did not want to be at that game too, by the way, and he made it very clear about laying on the table while eating is nacho. If we're going to expand on this conversation.
Speaker 3: I do feel like you figured some things out in life, Like That's one thing I've noticed, like being around you and in public setting, is you've got some things figured out, like how you do and go about your your business. You kind of just you know what you're doing, I hope.
Speaker 4: So I don't like people knowing that too much. So don't don't let that out the box too much, you know what I mean? I like people to think that, you know what they think.
Speaker 3: Well, the thing is is you don't get out of the house much, but when you do, it's like you kind of know how to move. And that's why I do you think the nachos versus chilich cheese frocus is? I mean, like you might be giving guys advice on this, like, all right, here's what you're gonna do. You need to go lay your house on that training table, right well, everyone else is doing stuff, and you make sure you get some utensils. You don't want to be trying to eat that stuff with your fingers, all right, and you start eating some of those chili cheese for us. That's gonna send a message to this you.
Speaker 4: Know, that's what you're saying. You're civilized. See if you're sending the wrong message, if you're using your fingers, you're basically saying to them like I'm a heathen, Like I'm a bar baker.
Speaker 3: You can't do a hot dog because that goes down the mark Mark Sanchez on the sideline with a shot. It goes down that road.
Speaker 4: And everybody's looking at you all crazy, and you're like, what, it's just a hot dog. That too, you know what I mean, And that could be very real when you're talking about locker room etiquette and stuff like that. For the review.
Speaker 3: With him, I had to bring that up, didn't you, Joe.
Speaker 4: Look God, hang Perttingen into the conversation. I thought he's doing all right.
Speaker 2: Okay, now on this, uh, this conversation surrounding Christian Zalez, where are you trying to go with you? I'd rather talk about I think the I did pull up the picture of Mike on the training table, and he's not even laying correctly, like he's got one leg dangling off the side, sending the message I'm not laying up here to be comfortable.
Speaker 4: I'm laying up here to prove a point.
Speaker 2: It looks like a homeless guy on a park bench, just laying there, one leg off the side, eating eating uh, nachos.
Speaker 4: But it worked.
Speaker 2: He got paid, got out of Dallas, and he got paid, so good for him. But yeah, that's all I got on the Christian Zals conversation, you know, to be honest with you.
Speaker 4: So it's what it is. Man.
Speaker 2: Good luck to him, and I'm sure his agent will have some comments that we're going to look back on. Just like Vita Vea's agent and say ha ha, okay, buddy, whatever you say, and they'll get a get a deal done there. But at least it's a discussion in New England about something other than what was the big discussion going on through the course of the off.
Speaker 3: Season, which I would shocked levard and try to prey it up again.
Speaker 4: Like well, you mean what I mean, there's just things that Mike Rabel's not going to want to talk about, and him and Diana Rassini is going to be one of those things. That's all so for people that are unaware.
Speaker 2: We have a bit of a wager on our show where LeVar says that the Mike Rabel Diana Racin he's going to come back up, It's going to pop back, and uh, Frady was on the other side of it. I was on the other side of yeah. But by the time the season starts, nobody's gonna care anymore.
Speaker 4: Nobody cares right now. That is one hundred You guys are so far you're right, but really tried to light that it's there. Let me tell you something just because listen, when a seed is planted, all right, you don't see what's taking place beneath the surface. But there is a process taking place, and you're watering it. I'm not watering anything. I'm not watering it. All I'm saying is sometimes it's got to grow down before it grows up. That's all I'm saying. And that's at some point this thing is.
Speaker 3: Going to come back multiple seeds.
Speaker 4: Plan like millions, oh millions, but I do I don't know. I guess it depends on where they got. It only takes one, you know, that's just.
Speaker 1: Fun thing.
Speaker 4: I will say.
Speaker 2: Man, I'll give our show credit for this. There's a lot of people who are like, oh, hey, don't go near that one now. We don't want to touch that story.
Speaker 4: We were like, we all right, come on, guys.
Speaker 3: LeVar keeps bringing it back up.
Speaker 4: The ladies kids. The lady's kid's name is Mike, Like, come on, a sign of respect, know doubt for sure?
Speaker 2: Well, look, it is two pros and a cup of Joe in for the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio, LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you up next. Somebody says it's gonna be different if this happens here, It's gonna be different.
Speaker 4: In the NFL. That conversation is yours right here next on the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 5: This is Rob Parker, and I'm here with an important public service announcement. Whatever you do, do not listen to the Paulie and Tony Fusco Show. Fox Sports Radio asked me to do a promo, but I'm here to do a no mo, as in, don't listen to this show.
Speaker 1: No mo.
Speaker 5: The host of two fools from Philly who have the dumbest takes ever in all of sports talk. And you know, if I'm saying that, they must really be bad. I have no idea why Fox Sports Radio picked this up, but I know where to put it down in the trash can. So please don't listen to the Paulie and Tony Fusco Show.
Speaker 4: No way, no how. I doesn't need some cane. Oh I'm sorry, I got carried away. I don't know what happens.
Speaker 2: What came over me. We always say this, man, every time we did this show. We're never going to be invited back. We were on the air when OJ died on this show, and some hooligan behind the scenes played a farts on the fact that was so gross shut the show down.
Speaker 4: I think Brady thought it was real. Brady thought it was real. That was the worst fart sound I have ever heard in my entire existence.
Speaker 3: I still contend to this day it was. I mean, also, that was when Lee was here, and based on Lee's diet and all the issues she's got, like that very well could have been real.
Speaker 4: That is true now, that all put together is very true. O. J.
Speaker 2: Simpson dies and he turns the mic on and cuts a fart that sounds like a big rig.
Speaker 4: You've got to try that. That was not Lee. That did somebody else? Almost was that?
Speaker 2: Like ninety two percent sure that that was a drop in the system.
Speaker 4: It was, but somebody was on the board that did it. I want to say, what the Joel.
Speaker 3: The tough part about that is that is a tough way to go. I mean, someone's sending you off with a fart sound.
Speaker 4: I mean of that magnitude. Though it was not like a bomb. Some people get taps some people, but it doesn't even matter if it's still in the system because the first time, that's it. So between that, oh.
Speaker 2: That's it, you know, and the narcotics references, I'm just not sure that that we're going to be invited back here anytime soon.
Speaker 4: When that joint hits you for the first time, though, it just it is the most revolted feeling had it cut me off.
Speaker 2: My brother told me he was listening to the show. He was walking through Costco and he was listening to the show and he had to go to the side because he was laughing so hard and pods in and people.
Speaker 4: I thought, he was like, what are you laughing at?
Speaker 3: And this is a deeper story though, because as you know, Lee used to gas everyone else like he used to he used to get Jonas, used to get LeVar Lorraine like he would just absolutely unleash on everyone. So there was a solid chance it was him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, could have been a part.
Speaker 2: Like That's why I said ninety two percent sure there there was that that eight percent floating out there that that it was a legitimate one. Uh right after ojpass so, which is terrible. By the way, you can uh check us out on YouTube. I just want to point that out to everybody.
Speaker 4: OJ.
Speaker 2: You can search two pros FSR within YouTube again, that's two pros FSR.
Speaker 4: Hit the subscribe button.
Speaker 2: After you've done that, tap the thumbs up icon and comment away whether you agree or disagree.
Speaker 4: Let us know what you think.
Speaker 2: Again, just search two pros FSR and YouTube band subscribe. By the way, coming up here in about twenty minutes from now, we do have more details on a story in the world the football and beyond that we have been tracking all morning long. More details on that, so that'll be yours here about twenty minutes from now. Von Miller is now a Dallas Cowboy. Seems like he's been in the NFL. That was John elways first pick right as GM of the Broncos.
Speaker 3: I think it was just that, is correct. I was just talking with him or excuse me, to one of his old linebacker coaches, and I was just saying to him. When Von first came in, he was that rookie that ran every single walk through. He was running a full speed and it used to make the lineman so mad and they used to get in fights about it because he would just try to fly like into the backfield. And so obviously if he's playing that fast and the left tackle starts playing that fast and another guys start getting all amped.
Speaker 4: Up by it.
Speaker 3: So it was interesting to watch him because he never really changed. He just he stayed that way, and he was from day one like the type of guy that just grinded, worked hard and was playing at his speed and everyone else had to kind of catch up.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's got he's gonna be a Hall of Famer. He's got all the awards you could want, got all the money you could want. I think he's I think he raises chickens as well too. I think he's got like a chicken falls. He distributes them, and you know he was running into like chicken shortages. Man, I had your chicken. Yeah, chickens too.
Speaker 4: How can you have Kentucky Fried Chicken in Pittsburgh? I just don't understand it. How can you have a chain of Kentucky Fried Chickens or Louisiana Chicken and other places outside of Louisiana. It's just how is it Louisiana Chicken?
Speaker 2: I've never had Popeyes ever going down?
Speaker 4: I don't know why. Well, bag coming out it's so good going down though?
Speaker 3: Is that just the Louisiana seasoning? Is that what it is.
Speaker 4: It might be. It might be you can get yourself. Uh you know, you could take a laxative, or you could eat something that has the type of seasoning that will act as one. I rather enjoyed the laxative that I'm jumping in on. So I eat certain foods, and those certain foods clean you out spicy food to do it. I mean, maybe that's why you didn't like the Mexican food in Chicago. Maybe it wasn't spicy enough. No, some other reasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell us what what I'll tell you?
Speaker 4: Break? Oh no, oh no, you know okay? Now, Von Miller on multiple time super.
Speaker 2: Bowl winner, don't you forget I won't. Okay, I will not. You'll never forget I will not. Okay, put it this way, the iron cheek would have some thoughts. Oh no, So methods fun Aati Savon Miller is now, I remember the Dallas Cowboys being close to those chicken farms that he's got going on there, and he talked about what winning a super Bowl in Dallas would look like and how it'd be different than the previous two he's won.
Speaker 6: The answers itself. You know it's at Dallas Cowboys. I wanted Super Bowl in Denver. We had a million people out there. We went a Super Bowl with the Rams. It wasn't as much, you know, it was the parade. We were stopping their red lights and stuff. You know, it's just a We still won a Super Bowl and it's still exciting, it's still dope, but it's just a different feel with those two organizations. If you know, I was with the Buffalo Bills and we ended up winning Super Bowl, it would be a holiday in Orchard Parker, to be a holiday in Buffalo, like everybody remembered.
Speaker 4: That, to be statues for everybody. That's just the type of.
Speaker 6: Organization that they have, the type of fans that they have. Dallas Cowboys fans are in that same type of strain. They're not the same Bill Mafia, Cowboys Nator is totally different things.
Speaker 4: That's not what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: But the fans here are Dahara fans. And if we're able to do that, if we're able to have a successful seat and win the Super Bowl, like, it'd be a holiday in Dallas as will. Like people love the Dallas Cowboys, they love them and hate them, but at the end of the day, they all root for the Dallas Cowboys, and for us to be able to win a Super Bowl, it'd be crazy in Dallas.
Speaker 4: It'd be a holiday, as will.
Speaker 2: When the Knicks won the title, their fan base was obnoxious. I think that would pale in comparison times ten million by what the Dallas Cowboy fan base would be.
Speaker 4: Like.
Speaker 3: I hope they annoy the crap out of you, Jonas, just like the Knicks fan, just like the next Knicks fans annoyed me. That that bott good, Yeah good, I'm glad. And that's because you're a Celtics fan.
Speaker 4: That's not that has nothing to do with it.
Speaker 2: And that's a little bit to do with it. No, it does not a little bit, not at all, a little bit, not at all, doesn't. It doesn't bother me at all, not at all, Coach. No, it's it's the whole all of a sudden, you know, that the crying, that the carrying on. It's like every celebrity forever, okay, but like every celebrity's got to sit on the sideline and Timothy Shallow maze at at you know, Karl Anthony Town's wedding. It's what are we doing here? Like like like what's happening. Like, I'm pretty sure Carrot Tops a Raiders fan. If they win a Super Bowls, he's going to be, you know, partying at somebody's wedding afterwards.
Speaker 4: Like what are we talking? I'm sure has used some cocaine before. Oh, come on, that's in great shape.
Speaker 3: What I mean now you keep going back to it. We were trying to get away from me yesterday. Now you keep going back.
Speaker 4: What are we trying to get away from it?
Speaker 3: I mean you got mad because I ended the show bringing it up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just I was joking. I wasn't mad. This doesn't want to be mad at I'm just you know, I can't even say I'm disappointed. I'm just like just blowing away that. And then then when I saw the faces of the kids.
Speaker 3: Blown away, and remember, it was good.
Speaker 6: It was good.
Speaker 4: It was very quick. It was quick.
Speaker 3: You collided with the White House and Penn State. What's better the White House or the white out?
Speaker 4: Oh no? I heard some dudes on on their podcasts saying that the dudes look like Penn State dutes are a bunch of your bronis. We got the whole world talking about us right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wait till you see the details like that for you coming up. Oh no, oh yeah, all right, it gets even better.
Speaker 4: Put a post out on us. People are paying attention to Penn State like football season might be turned up. They they think that Penn State is the camp is to go to. Now people act like they don't like, uh, they don't like controversy. But I tell you what, this one right here is hitting a little different. You gotta lean into it, I mean all the way.
Speaker 2: So look we're out here in LA and when the Rams won the Super Bowl, I can assure you stop the biggest nobody cared and anybody listening on the blowtorch and five seventy LA Sports, you know that's a fact.
Speaker 4: Nobody cared, cared at all. They did not care whatsoever.
Speaker 2: There was a politician given a speech, he was wearing a Saint Louis Rams jersey on stage. Right before you know, some woman holding the camera you know, took a fall. It's just a very far like so like. But but like the Denver Super Bowl, Like Denver that's always been a great fan base, but it doesn't have the national reach that the Cowboys do. And say whatever you want about Jerry Jones, but I think he's largely responsible for it. And I also think if the Cowboys were to win a Super Bowl, the first person anybody's going to think of is Jerry Jones. Like I think he is the biggest star of the Cowboys, Not Dak Prescott, not anybody ceed Lamb, nobody else, at George Pickins. I think Jerry Jones is the biggest star of the Cowboys, and he's gonna be the one that people are going to be discussing this with his legacy.
Speaker 3: Afterwards, you know, just thinking there probably would have been such a big celebration Saint Louis for the Rams had they won their I mean, obviously they had the greatest show on turf, so they experienced that. But and I can't quite recall what those parades looked like. But think about this, I mean the UFL, the Sales Battle Hacks Hawks have by far and away the best attendants, Like it's not even close, by the way, I think they average over like twenty three thousand people for UFL games. I mean, that's their desire for football. Can you imagine if they had I don't think there's twenty three thousand people at the parade for the Rams.
Speaker 2: All I know.
Speaker 7: Is that that man's they were top and that's top light store the parade Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: That might be some of the highest level of shade. Just don't ever put your Super Bowl ring off from the Los Angeles rate rail like that. That might that's a shade grenade on high level sha grenade.
Speaker 2: Is Maybe that's why Aaron Donald wants to come back, because it's kind of like the lebron LA Championship where he's got a half ring and the like it's tied together with part of an N ninety five.
Speaker 4: Maybe Vaughn's like, if I get two, that'll kind of just one. That's when I want it now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Now, they didn't win to drank COVID.
Speaker 4: No, the Ramps Rams won the year after. It was a twenty twenty one season. Yeah, yoh yeah it was the Bucks. Yeah, but there was fans there for the for the Bucks.
Speaker 3: Super Bowl looked a little of course it was in Florida there it was.
Speaker 4: It looked a little different by the way, to your point.
Speaker 2: The the BattleHawks this past season averaged about twenty two thousand, eight hundred through their home games, and later season games were drawing crowds around eighteen to five, but they once drew forty thousand fans back in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: I mean, in all seriousness, like that that city that held the Saint Lunatics might come back out and start playing. You know, they might reviv aalize their career after that.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, that's that's a place you could see and I wonder if they would do because there was some people in Saint Louis were not happy with the fact that they that they.
Speaker 3: Hoped they sued. Yeah, they got paid off, they got paid off that, but it's like they don't get the share in the you know, the success of the team now, which stinks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but didn't you say that they were like what was nearby? Was it like a toxic way station or something?
Speaker 3: But that was that when we practiced. That was out near like earth City. It was earth City, Missouri or something like that, and there was a there's like a dump or a processing plant. So yeah, if you were if we were downwind of that at times and it's stunk did not smell good.
Speaker 2: So Saint Louis that could be a team that gets an NFL team someday. Roder Goodell's talking about going international in all these spots. But you got Saint Louis sitting there drawn twenty twenty five grand for you know, an arena game basically, and they've got you know, they've got NFL teams that are you know, they're trying to talk about put it setting up teams. He told somebody, I think in Germany it's only a matter of time that we've got teams based in Europe. And like, dude, you got other markets that that could make this work. Why not go to those places? But apparently that's not not in the cards for Roger Goodell. Apparently thinks he can grow the game more in Hamburg than he can in Saint Louis. So but if you're if you're von Miller, look here the other thing about him. So he goes to Washington last year and basically he had two choices. He could have done Seattle or he could have done Washington, and he chose Washington. Clearly didn't work out from a playoff run standpoint. He would have been part of a Super Bowl champion if he was in Seattle. But even last year, nine sacks still productive, like multiple knee injuries, multiple surgeries, He's got close to one hundred and forty sacks in his career, like first ballot Hall of Famer when it's all said and done, and still producing at a high level. So you know, maybe, yeah, you don't have Micah Parsons on the edge, but you've got a bunch of different.
Speaker 4: Players that are going to be able to produce to kind of make a different They have a ton of talent. And listen, von Miller, this is all seriousness. Von Miller, even at the age that he's at, is still and we mentioned the fact that he was at nine nine sacks last year. He's still one of the more effective, impressive pass rushers in the league just because of his as Michael Parsons would say, just because of his IQ and understanding of the why and how he does what he does. But Shaun Gary, I've been saying this for years, Rashaun Gary is a grossly under underrated, undervalued football player. His offseason workouts are phenomenal. His his attention to detail, to building building fundamental skills, footwork, handwork, pat level movement, all those things is phenomenal. The young man is He's as impressive a defensive football player on that edge as it gets. And and so they have and again we talk about Clark and Quinton Quinn and Quinnon being in in the middle. It's just going to be a hard time for any offensive line. I don't care what team they play against. I don't care if it's Philly, I don't I don't care if it's a Pinea Soul and in Detroit, I don't care what but offensive line they go up against. You're not going to have the ability to double team all those guys. There's gonna be space eating taking place. There's gonna be one on ones for the outside guys. They're gonna bring those guys in. They're gonna run those NASCAR sets where they have three or four pass rushers on the field all at one time, and you don't know where they're going to be when the ball is snapped. It's gonna take place. It's gonna happen. I'm I'm looking at this Dallas team and I'm telling you there could be carnage you see taking place with the type of defense if they run the scheme the right way. I just think that they're gonna be pretty impressive this year, at least at the table is set for that to be. What happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the question wasn't on offense. They've seemingly got it all figured out now. I just we'll see whether or not the defense holds up their end of the bargain. And next thing you know, we're looking at potentially Von Miller winning a third Super Bowl with Jerry's Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: I won't make some Orehill, Hey, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, we gotta win some games first, j that's not you know, can't get right to dessert for God's sakes.
Speaker 3: You know, you gotta put the car before the horse. But but it feels better than that.
Speaker 2: But hey, if we do get to that point, that always is an option on the menu. It is the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. LaVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas knocks with you in for Dan and the guys coming up next, So we've got more on a story we've been monitoring in the world of football all morning long, and it's yours right here on the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 4: If they want to do a reboot, just saying who doesn't love Scarface. I played this for Jonas one weekend an ask me what video game this was from? Oh wow, I mean it's a little video gamish.
Speaker 7: Kind of But that you didn't recognize it as Scarface, that is a little disturbing.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking about the music when I'm watching Scarface.
Speaker 7: Was fantastic Money had the Tiger in the backyard, Like, come on, bro man, good, I think I need to film the sequel in State College.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm glad you brought that up. There we go.
Speaker 2: Before we get to that, I do want to let everybody know that this is the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. We are two pros and a cup of joe in for Dan and the Guys. Now, you can listen to us weekday mornings before The Dan Patrick Show six am Eastern Time, three o'clock Pacific. It's a very professional broadcast. You know, there's no grab ass, no Shenanigans, none of that stuff. But if you would like to be a part of that show, you can listen to us a weekday more mornings before DP and the Guys. And if you've missed any of today's show, you definitely want to go to want to catch the podcast. You search two Pros wherever you get your podcast. Right after the show, today's pot will be posted. Be sure to follow it, rate it five stars. You can even provide a review. Again, just search two Pros wherever you get your podcast, you'll find today's full show and a best of version posted right after we get off the air. So we've been tracking in preparation for the college football season. One of the teams that if you watch and kind of see the prognostications of how it's going to go with a brand new coach there happens to be Penn State. And if you look at Penn State schedule, this is they could go on a run there var like this could this could happen. Man Man LeVar Arrington Junior is going to be there the second he's going to be there, and we are all looking forward to what's going to be taking place at Beaver Stadium. And the only way to get ready for a season like that is to have you know your fraternity brothers, you know, try and pull a little bit of a goof on you. And so apparently Thomas Robinson of twenty three, he's the accused drug kingpin in the Penn State cocaine trafficking ring. He was tasered and arrested after he allegedly resisted cops, and according to Robinson, quote he thought the officers were his fraternity brothers playing a prank on him.
Speaker 4: So when they rolled in there just to talk about privilege, that's actually legit that you did see that happening, right, absolutely, And who's to say that the cops aren't part of his fraternity.
Speaker 2: So apparently the reason he got a resisting arrest is that he wasn't really trying to resist arrest.
Speaker 4: He's like, I get it, guys, alright, sorry that you're taking it a little too far. Okays going too far?
Speaker 2: Actual an actual Okay cocaine, I got it, bagged an actual taser to get back to work, guys.
Speaker 4: So so it said.
Speaker 2: A search of his dorm room at the Delta Upsilon fraternity house allegedly turned up over eight rams of cocaine, almost eight ounces of weed, and more than two hundred amphetamine and some other pill that I can't pronounce. According to the criminal complaint, they were told authorities were told by a confidential informant that quote, a male using the nickname t rob is selling large amounts of cocaine from the Delta fraternity house.
Speaker 4: The outlet reported, So, rob so you had a white fraternity house using a black man's nickname, So the alleged drug kingpin. That's crazy, but that is brilliant.
Speaker 2: The alleged drug kingpin was accepting payment through a Venmo account with the use your name, Tom Robinson.
Speaker 4: The exactly you know, they've been watching too much fifty power Like this is like Tarik You ever watched Hey watch Power Book with Tarik sa Patrick. Yeah, he's a this kind of fits that storyline apparently. Uh it's crazy, t rob rat it out. Augustino Abbottellio. That's where that's where it was coming from. That's where he is coming from. Yeah, say that one more time. Aino ye aboo. That's where it was coming from.
Speaker 2: The ringleader of the operation, a fellow student at Sigma Chai who supplied him with the coke. It' whatever, Hey, Kai Shy we're talking about here, buddy, that's like it. That's like get caught in the weeds. It wasn't clear whether Robinson had entered a plea, and he is scheduled to appear in court next month for a pre trial hearing.
Speaker 4: According to court documents.
Speaker 2: So there's also a LinkedIn profile where Robinson worked as a salesperson at calv Incorporated.
Speaker 4: Head of Sales. You imagine what kind of he before you did say it?
Speaker 3: Man, Like everyone's talking about Penn State right now.
Speaker 4: It's got to feel good. It's mean, it's not the I mean, I don't. I'm not embarrassed. I'll say that. I just think that it's it's wild, it's a wild story. These cats is up there blowing? Does that mean they snow blowing?
Speaker 7: Mean?
Speaker 2: Hey, what kind of just what kind of world are you living in where cops show up to your house and.
Speaker 3: That's college?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 2: We are.
Speaker 5: Queequee a.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Ha ha.
Speaker 4: Penn Stake