Speaker 1: I'm Gavin Newsom, and having real conversations is nothing new for me. Tackling tough questions, engaging with people who don't always agree with me, debating without demeaning. Now I'm taking those conversations even further. On my new podcast. Each week, I'm inviting voices from across the political spectrum, including those I fundamentally disagree with, to discuss the most pressing and challenging issues of our time. I support border security. You're trolling folks and trying to find migrants to try to get some news and intentions so you can out Trump Trump. How's that going for you?
Speaker 2: Ron?
Speaker 1: You're down forty one points in your own home.
Speaker 2: State, seventy one percent of the gd there in America and blue counties. I would save it there one percent of the GDP America, Popular Studies, progressive policies.
Speaker 1: But it's not just their voices that matter, it's yours too. And that's why I want you, the listeners, to be part of the conversation. We'll discuss, will debate, and we'll decode what the hell is.
Speaker 2: Going on the price of eggs is so ridiculously expensive.
Speaker 3: So we agree that this price is insane insane.
Speaker 1: People are fighting for eggs kind of world do we live in that respect? This is bird flu and they need to take it very, very seriously.
Speaker 3: The Trump administration, Kennedy scares me the most, the lunatics in charge of the asylum. You know, I think you alluded a little bit to how you would have to manage up with him.
Speaker 1: That first act by the new Health and Human Service a secretary was a little more alarming. But the fact that he already is looking to analyze that advisory committee, We're going to be very vigilant.
Speaker 3: What's really going on with Doge? And why does Elon Musk have so much power?
Speaker 1: It's a question we're all asking ourselves. There's a lack of transparency around Doge. There's a lack of understanding about his role. He's got all this power and authority. Is it moral authority or formal authority? Is he actually going in and accessing your data? And my biggest fear of beginning with you is public safety.
Speaker 3: Do you think that the Democrats have a messaging problem.
Speaker 1: The majority of people saying we're quote unquote out of touch, that we don't represent you, that we are weak. Absolutely, absolutely, we have a messaging problem. We may even break some news, so' beginning a lot of questions, a lot of calls about something that's getting a lot of attention, unsurprisingly, and that's what's going on with the Menendez brothers today. I just notified the La DA as well as the Menendez attorney including victims, that I have directed the Board of Parole Hearings to do what we call a risk assessment investigation into their applications, specifically for commutation. The question for the board is a rather simple one. Do Eric and Lyle Menendez Do they pose a current, what we call unreasonable risk to public safety. The risk assessment will be conducted as they typically are conducted by experts in public safety as well as forensic psychologists. We're going to make the findings, by the way, available to the judges presiding over the resentencing motion in LA Superior Court, as well, of course, to the District Attorney himself. There's no guarantee of outcome here. My office conducts dozens and dozens of these clemency reviews on a consistent basis, but this process simply provides more transparency, which I think is important in this case, as well as provides us more due diligence before I make any determination for clemency. So join the conversation and subscribe. Now, this is Gavin Newsom.
Speaker 2: Listen to This is Gavin Newsom on the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.