Speaker 1: Yeah, what's something y'all was going on Brother Radio. He's a legendary Queen's rapper. Hey, has is your boy in o E. He's a Miami hip hop pioneer. What Up is dj e f N?
Speaker 2: Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players in music and sports. You know what I mean, the most professional, unprofessional podcast and your number one source for drum facts.
Speaker 1: This is drinks every day is New Year's Eve.
Speaker 3: That's right, Hey, Haint Sagrio, it's best your boy in What Up a dj.
Speaker 1: E f N? And the drinks has motherbo the podcast the pensively boring of that man.
Speaker 3: And I heard I heard the dcs A, uh, the eminem is his favorite and I respected that favorite. Right now, I have my two favorites favorite, I see what you're going with in the building. First off, Steve LaBelle Means Pictures would run DMC ram with them on Tall jam Master, J, DMC, Lost Boys, Royal Flush t TVT. Steve Label been around. I heard Russell Simmons say he's the only white guy. Let him call me a nigga and its gangster. And you know what, Russell, I agree with you. Then we have my other guy, my brother Scott Lovedizabelbo.
Speaker 1: He's been doing things before you. You could be.
Speaker 3: Doing things and it's nothing. I seen him with a seventeen million dollar boat. He picked me up and we win got Chiles. That's the hardest shit in my life. This nigger had a what's that sh called a captain, that's what's.
Speaker 1: The yacht in and we went to Chili's. It was the flying ship I ever did in my life. This is my god.
Speaker 3: I've seen him construct albums like the Chronic you know, I have a piece to do with the Firm.
Speaker 4: Numerous hits, and she's going back to the roots, going back to the roots, and he's a fantastic guy.
Speaker 3: Right now, I'm introducing Steve LaBelle Scott Storch, my favorite of the favorite.
Speaker 1: Let's make.
Speaker 3: Now, Scott, you fucked a lot of bitches, Scott, I'm gonna keep it on.
Speaker 1: Is that your girl?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 1: Okay? So you're good? All right, So I'm an popping from bottle champagne. Yeah, hell, but you fucked a lot of bitches, Scott. I ain't gona front. I've seen you at the height of the high. I see you coming up too. That's a beautiful thing A lot of people don't know. Yeah, And when I.
Speaker 5: Left the roots as a keyboard player writer to become a producer. My first week soliciting myself to be a producer, I got two clients. My very first two clients was you and Compone and Buster the Ryots.
Speaker 3: Let's make some lerids for that goddamn opportunity. Yeah nah, but Scott, let me just tell you something. I'll be looking at the internet and I see it on the internet when you be constructing these beats on these keyboards and you be sitting there and it's like, I just want to keep keep praising you.
Speaker 6: Don't thank you, maam.
Speaker 1: If that's a good word. Is that a good word? Praising you? I want to keep praising you because you deserve being praised. Look at that from the left fact we don't spill the champagne. Look at that.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. What I'm saying you want you want to show you don't spell champagne from second two, yo, come on.
Speaker 1: Heavy birthday, So having birthday Saturday, have your birthday sunny, Happy birthday, revend run yo. So let's take it back to the beginning. Sky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, were you originated from Philadelphia.
Speaker 5: You know, I was born in New York Long Island, but I moved to Florida as an infant, and then when I was fifteen, I moved. I followed my dad to Philly and I was supposed to be going to school, but I wasn't. I was cutting school and taking the train into the city and met up with Quest Love and Black Thought and all.
Speaker 3: These guys described that situation because you started out with the Roots, like what years ago two?
Speaker 5: Like what this was nineteen ninety one, and yeah, man, I just I was.
Speaker 1: I was just jagging big up to the niggas df Y.
Speaker 5: I was interning at this label rough House at the same time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had cyprisks, uh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it was like get the chance to see the actual music industry, you know, just being nobody. And I got caught one day jamming on the piano in the live room of their studio, and I thought I was gonna get fired. And then I got called down the hall to play keyboards on the killing Me Softly remixed.
Speaker 1: Low Hill. Let's just start out, yeah, and.
Speaker 5: You know, it just gradually, you know, I got a record deal with the Roots, and from playing on the streets with them. We used to set up borrow power from stores on South Street and jam and we was doing these like little jam sessions with leaders of the New School and all kinds.
Speaker 6: Of crazy craw.
Speaker 1: The Roots like a street band at.
Speaker 6: The It was actually before there was.
Speaker 5: The Roots, and it was Square Roots, and we had to change the name because it was some other band that had the same name, and.
Speaker 1: That was the whole band. Thing was new. But y'all was playing on the streets.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was playing on the streets. And we actually got discovered at a block party on C. Sille More Avenue in the near Temple University.
Speaker 3: That is Philadelphia. Yeah, Philadelphia, that's where the niggas get killed that right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was there to kill you right there.
Speaker 6: It teaches you to.
Speaker 5: Be strong, and I think some of that strength and perseverance I learned that Philly helped me, you know, get through have success. You know.
Speaker 3: So now you started off from the roots somewhere, it.
Speaker 1: Doesn't it doesn't go right.
Speaker 6: No, it was right.
Speaker 1: Everything was right. As a matter of fact. When I left wounded up in l A.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when I left the Roots, I actually just you know, I wanted to be more than.
Speaker 6: A keyboard player. I wanted to be a producer.
Speaker 5: So I was, you know, grinding and this and that, and I went to New York.
Speaker 1: I met you and actually the day the compone came home. That's that's a fact.
Speaker 5: Very like it's nothing, but that's a fact.
Speaker 7: That's fat.
Speaker 5: And I remember it was a good time. But and uh, you know, flashing forward, I went to l A and I ran into one of my homies from Philly, this girl Eve, and she was like, yo, I just got signed to Doctor Dre and like, that's how you got That's how I got there. I'm foreverly grateful and that.
Speaker 1: To Eve, Eve, pick you up.
Speaker 7: Change.
Speaker 5: She stuck her neck out, yo, for real. The next day I was in the lab. I didn't have no we used that tapes at that time.
Speaker 1: We didn't have to see. I didn't have that situation though. Like, so now Eve tells you to come to l A.
Speaker 5: No, I wasn't there a jam already in l A. Yeah, I was doing a jam session at the Martini Lounge.
Speaker 1: Okay, you gotta jam session because we got dumb listeners. So Eve was there's a jam set, all right. So the roots I was still hanging with them.
Speaker 5: They were still the homies and they would do like these kind of like the you know, jam meets like music, a lot of Eric about due type ship going on and open mic.
Speaker 6: Yeah, open like.
Speaker 5: It was like a women in the music series called The Black Lily, and it was dope. But and uh, you know, it's a roots based event.
Speaker 1: Came over here.
Speaker 5: We were doing them in New York at the Wetlands every Sunday, and we just decided, you know, to do one out here. So luckily I ran in the eve and the next day I didn't have nothing to play. Dragg just sat at the piano and boom, they was like, can you stay out here? I was like, hell, yeah, wait that same So how was that meaning?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I met Dre'm in the studio with Dre and I got nothing to play, so I just get on the piano and I start jamming for one and he's you know, about an hour later, I had like ten racks hotel room, and I was my rent was made.
Speaker 7: It was good to go.
Speaker 1: And now your glasses his ten racks right kind of glasses, those porsches, let's make the boys glasses got there up front of the glasses you see the.
Speaker 8: Glasses glasses, So all right, so you're in the studio with Dray tells you to play the piano.
Speaker 5: Or to beat, just to play piano. Because I had no beach with me. I didn't always going to be seeing doctor Dre. So yeah, and then the very next day he had me work on this artist named slim Shady. Was this new cat get that We did the song just the two of us, you know, the very next day Holy And then the day after that we did Big Eagles that's on the Chronic two thousands and so on and so on and then and then life progressed to.
Speaker 3: I.
Speaker 5: I you know, I just got to a place where I didn't wanna feel like I have to ask. You know, Dre Dra created his empire. I wanted to create mine. So I went to a different city. I went to Miami, and you know, I, I like got into my own clients and it wasn't really the ta same type of stuff I was working with Dre. And then I got introduced to clubs and cocaine and all kinds of grade.
Speaker 1: I'm ready, I'm ready. I'm ready for cocaine. I'm ready.
Speaker 3: But cause Scott is my brother, I'm not just throw this out there. I don't know if people know. I know Scott just said it earlier. But Scott is really my brother, and I really seemed every way, shape form fashion he ever came and he's always been my brother and I'm always gonna remain his brother.
Speaker 6: Thank you. That's me who I am?
Speaker 1: Steve LeBell, God damn it. You from Queens too? Yes, sir, where are you froming queens?
Speaker 7: From Jamaica Queens?
Speaker 1: Damn Look at he's from Jamaica, queen.
Speaker 9: Thanks.
Speaker 3: This is the first white person you met from Jamaica Queens, but that black. I'm black, and in both bars you can put us both together. He's still blacking in both bars. So it's described your coming is up in Jamaica.
Speaker 7: When coming up was through the late great jam Master Jay wrestling. He put you on the take it on and the way. Wait, so how did this happen? You know, I grew up with you know, Jay and run DMC and Russell was my mentor. Basically, you know, I was just carrying bags, doing shots, so I was doing whatever.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, come on.
Speaker 7: But at the end of the day, you know, it was like around eighty three eighty forty five. Next thing you know him on my shot look shot too. I want to talk for the leather tour in eighty eight talk.
Speaker 1: EPMG public.
Speaker 7: Those tours are like Jaz Jeff Fresh Prince And I was around the rush management days and death jam days and profile Profile Records days, you know, my homie Bell of course, of course legend legends.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: I didn't know what what I could do, so I was just waits, look there you go. I was just around and just doing whatever I need to do. I'm an opportunist, you know. I'm from Queens, so you know. But then I was like, you know, I traveled and I was doing all the stuff and around these labels. But I said, you know, so I opened up a couple of bars, and then Saint John's University, and I brought all the rappers, Dad, Chris Mullin, Mark Jackson, Onyx JA that for the people that Saint John's un practice, U Walliams, yeah, and Saint John's, you know, Redmond, Saint John's. And then I got to car accidents. I sold everything and then I got a job. Jay and Onyx wanted to start a They wanted to find a white rapper like a Markey walk. So we took it to Relativity.
Speaker 3: So will still warm when you say single Nah, But I woke.
Speaker 7: Frederial Sticky one Py wanted to find someone like that, so they used my ball to find you know, fraternity brothers. So then we took the record to Sony Relativity and the next thing you know, I got a job of Relativity and I was like, I never had a job for somebody else.
Speaker 1: And it was like the.
Speaker 7: Ninety three beating uts mo Op, Fat Joe eight ball on m j G three six month Fia, Frankie Cutlass was there and Easy rest in Peace had ruthless records there, so I worked with all of them and I want road with Fat Joe and big Punts just hype man resting.
Speaker 3: But home on I got to stop you will fast you said you was there, went ice Cube and n w.
Speaker 1: A had to fight.
Speaker 7: No Easy at ice Cube had a beef. If you watched Straight out of Confidence, I was to say, at the Tunnel.
Speaker 1: Legendary Tunnels, big cap, Yeah.
Speaker 7: We went Easy came in town with bone thugs and that's not the movie. Yeah it's a movie.
Speaker 1: Nobody.
Speaker 7: If you went straight out of Comptain Easy and Ice Kid running to each other. I thought that was the road that I was in New York City, ya, But they they did showed them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, theydn't show beefing in the field, but you know, that's when they ran to each.
Speaker 7: Other and had a problem. But you know, I was Easy, so whatever was gonna happen is gonna happen. But and then Easy he said he wanted to go back to the hotel, and he had a flat along. He walked back to the hotel and I said, getting the limo was freezing. He said, now I'm gonna walk because you know. And then next thing, I've never seen him again. He got caught age. They said he died. But and then from there, you know, he introduced me to Bone Thugs. I do with both dus long Flag.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't spoke twenty three years, you know.
Speaker 7: So we did the Bone and bigger than But someone told me today twenty years ago today we did Ontario's Thugs.
Speaker 1: So you know, I throw I throw throwbacks of that up.
Speaker 7: And then we did riding during the Cha Millionaire through level with Tupac, a whole bunch of collabs over twenty three years they were doing Tupac and Big I'm mad as the Outlows, Stoop, the Outlaws and the Bone m J G and three six months, like I said, just the whole long list, like I said, be and Fat Joe Brothers introduced him to his wife and he's going.
Speaker 1: To roll with Joe, going in and going and going to a ball. Yeah, all right that Scott Mascott, did you work with Big?
Speaker 6: I know, I just did a remix.
Speaker 1: Remix work on Pop.
Speaker 7: No, what was the remix?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 7: What was the.
Speaker 1: Scott got too much more.
Speaker 6: Too much eight hundred Tupac. I did the polling of Blues Joint.
Speaker 1: Mmm.
Speaker 3: So, Scott, you've worked with Little Wayne. I'm gonna I'm gonna be.
Speaker 1: Honest with you, Scott. One time I came to the Hit Factory to see.
Speaker 3: You, and it was a cheese line outside like it was just mad art, but it was artist though it wasn't like.
Speaker 1: A cheese line because the cheese line in the hood, it's like it's like the worst of the worst for you that's sitting there, wait for the cheese line. But you had like d M X Hory, Fat Joe, Little Wing.
Speaker 3: Timberland, like outside of the hip factor were just waiting to see you.
Speaker 6: And it's a lot of work.
Speaker 3: We used to keep five six rooms going it one time at one time.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, man, Now is that where Molly came in?
Speaker 7: Molly?
Speaker 1: Because I heard in d m A that was very nice. Yeah it was.
Speaker 6: It came in actually from Amsterdam.
Speaker 1: But explain.
Speaker 5: Just before before, you know, when people were just having ecstasy. You know, people introduce you to everything. But yeah, you know, the real ship was coming out curious. It really wasn't my thing.
Speaker 6: I used to keep a lot of that, but it was for the ladies.
Speaker 1: It was, it was my thing. I liked it. Thank you for definitely, thank you for.
Speaker 6: I like it.
Speaker 1: This guy liked it too, right, it's correct. Don't don't give me their eyes because you're white.
Speaker 3: Like the effected had on women because you was doing like dams right, it was like just like dipping dad, dipping dad.
Speaker 1: You remember that, I do.
Speaker 6: We just took it to a whole other level that it's so bad.
Speaker 3: It's fantastic. We just got to control it. Gonna listen, listen, listen, I'm gonna throw this out there. I don't believe anybody has a drug problem.
Speaker 1: This is what I believe. I just believe you gotta take care.
Speaker 10: Of it, take care of your drug problem at a certain and then that's what I believe, and then get sober for two days and then get back this drunk.
Speaker 1: I believe. I'm just saying this is my belief. This is like I might be retarded. I'm sorry, I probably is. Scott already know that, Steve.
Speaker 7: Already know that.
Speaker 1: But I believe the M D M A you have is very fun. It's right, fantastic, fantastic.
Speaker 3: So, Steve, you've been on the road with one DMC, You've been in a Rover Bone Thugs harmony.
Speaker 1: What's your wireless.
Speaker 7: Road story? I man, crazy story. We're in North Carolina and we got into a little problem in this club and you wait, though, run DMC and in the year is this?
Speaker 1: Shoot man?
Speaker 7: I got hit in the head in the Kanye birthday party at the Louis Vuitton Star. I don't know if you knew that. And we sig thirty years his thirtieth birthday, so it's over seven Chell fellow head.
Speaker 1: It was out thirty years ago. You know he was thirty years old. Oh don't know, but I was.
Speaker 7: I was at Kanye's thirtieth birthday and No. Seven a love biton store so Chell Fellow in my head, so I sued Louis buiton, Oh but my memories in and out. But we're in the club in North Carolina and there was a problem. We couldn't leave the club because the van was parked. We were in the van that time in the garage of the promoter. So I stood on this table and we'll take you.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 7: I just stood on the table with the concert in North Carolina, like it was like a local club. And I thought I was a kicking the karate kid because I'm like, we ain't gonna get out of here. Show me and my man the Stoff, who was running running at the time. We stood on top of the table like and maybe that like.
Speaker 6: Some karate.
Speaker 1: Out the club the last dragon, We little wells and nothing, and they.
Speaker 7: All just thought we were some fucking martial art experts and they just we got out the club, got in the van, got the fuck out.
Speaker 1: That Jay said I was crazy, but who knows. God damn, but let's make le's make some murder steel about that. I'm sorry, I gotta go here, yo, You like you got like you had like Paris hitting. Oh my god, I heard this paras hit in the front first conversations. What I say to my girl?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You nice does Now I can say anything.
Speaker 7: All right? So now what's Paris Hill too?
Speaker 1: The first person to introduce you.
Speaker 6: To at talking about that?
Speaker 1: La?
Speaker 6: What'll you say? L A introduced me.
Speaker 1: All right at the end of the day, ain't nobody hold that ship to my nose.
Speaker 7: Long hand?
Speaker 1: You got hot with that best niggas in the world. Like that's like, that's hard. Legendary ship, that's legendary.
Speaker 5: But I told you how you go to the Olympics of drug use, like I love your baby one more time for my girl.
Speaker 1: But I literally used to buy some bolta.
Speaker 5: I would line up in my bedroom on the island like ten girls, and I introduced them what we called the uh Miami frost bite.
Speaker 1: We never heard of this, that's what we call the.
Speaker 6: Miami frost bite.
Speaker 1: Yo, Scott, you're still looking richest. Hell, tell us about this Miami frost back. What did I say?
Speaker 6: Well, let's just say this, Okay.
Speaker 5: The only reason why I'm looking rich's hell, it's because there's no more Miami frost bite.
Speaker 6: Ship going on.
Speaker 5: But you know, my man told me that this show, you pretty much can just go to the depth of fun about, fun about and you know what, if you can't joke about the ship that you've been through, fuck it, Like you know, you can't take your own life. I know what the fuck I was doing was completely wrong, and this was really wrong, but I basically used to I learned. I'm just gonna say this, I learned the California frost bite or the Miami frost bite.
Speaker 1: I think you had every state frogm I'll just say this.
Speaker 5: One of the biggest singers I'm not going to say her name ever in the history of music was on the back of a two hundred and fifty foot yacht.
Speaker 1: Put me in a bunch of people, and I was doing cocaine.
Speaker 5: I was out of the normal way obviously where you snorted, and this artist said, I want to do it, but I don't do it the way you guys do.
Speaker 1: They want to smoke.
Speaker 6: They liked it.
Speaker 1: Put up the kulo Oh ships King. I got a guess cross No, No, they're not gonna tell me.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about big, big, big star Lady Houston.
Speaker 7: Because of that level, all.
Speaker 1: That level of that level don't even.
Speaker 5: So I took that information and I learned that thing in the same bars, and I would basically, I guess, recruit like ten girls at the time and line them up and you frostbite went down.
Speaker 3: You was living some scarffee ship. I certainly was to go front. You picked me up one time. I was living on Northeast eighteenth.
Speaker 1: Street and you was living on Palm.
Speaker 6: Island Star. It was starr and when you guys.
Speaker 1: Can pick me up. And I came downstairs and you know, I'm fat at the time, and jump over the gate. I'm like, it's not big boy. I'm like that, So tell you you can't just jump over the gate when you're a big nigga. You got it's like one step and you got to be like, hold on, you gotta adjust your nuts and then get your other leg right.
Speaker 3: And then I jumped up and these niggas had the captain and then they went to Chili's.
Speaker 1: It was the most millionaire nigga ship I ever seen in my life.
Speaker 3: These niggas, it's bitch is what nagked Im just getting divorced from my first marriage.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I gotta cick up my life and say I don't really know what I'm doing. Yes, and Scott and Raoul is big.
Speaker 3: Up Raoul ra and they had the I don't I don't even know how many million dollars both your ship had. But it was so beautiful and that was the first time I ever experienced that, and it might be the only time I've been on private jets a lot.
Speaker 1: But so did you see the Miami frost Bike. I actually don't know what what is the Miami frost Bike.
Speaker 3: Of the people said, I'm kind of dirty, all right, say it again, but still it don't make sense what it is.
Speaker 1: I get.
Speaker 5: Literally, honestly, Raoul used to say the Miami frost Bike was with Blow and that the California frost Bike was with Molly.
Speaker 7: And they crushed Molly.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming not the fucking pill up that.
Speaker 6: Crush the thing that goes into.
Speaker 1: Steve. What kind of frost bite you as?
Speaker 5: You just say something before we passed the Look, all that ship was crazy, but you know what, I'm going to have an addictive person outy, so all that drug ship. I had to put that ship aside. And now I'm addicted to the music again. You've always been handing heavily the get into marijuana. I love him and that never gets me in trouble.
Speaker 1: Let's make some noise for that. Come on that.
Speaker 3: Steven joke about all that ship and I've got to joke about it. I just have a trophy, Scott. If you don't, don't joke about it. You know what, some of the scumbad is gonna joke about it.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, we care because we may fuck him up, but we joke about it with you. Because this guy. We don't know this guy, and he talked about Scott. We're gonna have to have one of him.
Speaker 5: Like people, for whatever reason, there are people walking the streets thinking that not like I usually live, I'm still living.
Speaker 1: No, Scott, were living because we know you rich. You've always been living good.
Speaker 3: And let me just tell you some Scott, just in case you don't know, the hip hop hip hop community support you. We always supported you. We're always going to have your back, just in case you didn't know that. You know what I'm saying, because the way you just said that, I just want to just say that.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 1: You went through and you know it ain't not a man up to you for real we all have. That's part of it.
Speaker 5: I didn't think I wouldn't have been able to rebuild my riches and my success in my career and everything if I hadn't admitted that I actually fell. If you just in de now, most people are just in de now and they'll just sit in the corner and they're too scared to come out and rebuild themselves because they don't want to have to admit they did fall.
Speaker 1: But that's like, yeah, I'm doing this show. At this show, we have fun. At this show, we have fun. Scott. Scott starts to eat ass. That's a fact, right, listen to it. It's a fact. Yeah, it's Steve, Steve Belle.
Speaker 7: I've seen the world, man, so just imagine everything and.
Speaker 1: The Asian just like, I just feel like your preference is a ass.
Speaker 7: Feel like I just look at you and say, I've been involved with a lot of tress with Terror Squad.
Speaker 3: I can't, I can't, I can't. I can't talk about that point neither. You got me on that one. I'm changing subject because you know, because I might go down with this somewhere with teams, I.
Speaker 1: Might pop off in this. Yeah, he's there all the time, let's go.
Speaker 3: It's terrible. So now you worked with Tupac. I worked with Tupac school the Outlaws, and you worked with Big. I've seen pictures with you, Tupac and Big. Yeah it's correct.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know I did the Bone and Biggie with Bone Thugs and then you know pop we did Doug Love and like I said that, manage the Outlaws. I worked with everybody you could imagine, and you discovered Nipsey Hustle me my partner, Big U, Sean Kingston, Big Big U follow Yeah you n l A. You better check in with Big U. I got you know, I as man Sean Kingston. Uh, I've seen the world with Sean Kingston. A lot of people, you know, don't understand that pop music gets you around the world.
Speaker 1: Can say Sean Kingston and move on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right now, Sean Kingston is a very controversial.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but me and Big you manage Sean Kingston now Big, so there's no controversy.
Speaker 4: Was not not.
Speaker 7: I work with Seaun kings for seven years, but he gets caught.
Speaker 3: Up in a lot of jams. But okay, Steve, Yeah, this incident is just happening. Did y'all have anything to do with so now y'all have Sean was reckless? So is that the reason why Meek or whatever they say, told im?
Speaker 7: You know I come from killing this shout out pistol. We don't it's drink, we don't know. I don't snitch, I don't talk. Whatever it was it was, you know, all sides. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but anyway you don't need it. And then I'm blessed.
Speaker 8: Men.
Speaker 7: I'm working with my man Scott, starting on him for a long time and now managing Scott.
Speaker 3: We're going in you know, fantastic God Scott starts now Scott. I remember fact yo, well not only I remember he set it on our podcasts about four or five times. He said, if other there new, every time me and Scott go in the studio, we're going to make a number one. I would have never let Scott leave me at all?
Speaker 6: Ever?
Speaker 1: Do you agree with him every time?
Speaker 6: Every time?
Speaker 5: It's crazy, it's miraculous and man, big up to Joe with all the way up right now that that's cool and dre and like man for real.
Speaker 1: Cool to Dre make that beat though, no no cool to dream school.
Speaker 5: People have been telling me cool and Dre. But I assume that, all right, but that's big, big, whatever reason. God bless him because fat Joe deserves that man. He's all of a dude.
Speaker 3: So describe you leaving doctor Dre right, And there's so many stories of these people.
Speaker 1: That work with doctor Dre. Dre don't pay him or whatever, Oh come on, let me just finish.
Speaker 3: Oh whatever, whatever, whatever excuse they use, and they leave doctor Dre and then they never.
Speaker 1: Ever ever make it. Listen, everybody can play. You're one of You're like one of the only I know a.
Speaker 5: Lot of people that have a lot of money and a lot of success just from knowing him. All right, Doctor Dre gave me everything I ever deserved from everything I've ever done with him, down to the percentage, Like I think, for real, for real, doctor Dre provides opportunity for people.
Speaker 1: But you know, it's like if.
Speaker 5: People don't succeed, and you can't expect that man to just keep people in his doors in the studio if they ain't doing shit, like you.
Speaker 1: Know, and everything has its reasons, and every.
Speaker 5: Business has its things where other business takes precedence.
Speaker 6: Over that person.
Speaker 5: So they may be salty if they had to wait in line, but they weren't that high on the total im pole. And you know, my whole relationship with Dre is amazing. Right now, we actually got in the studio a little bit. We're about to go in and do a bunch of stuff. And I heard you working on the card five.
Speaker 1: Is this correct?
Speaker 6: I was blessed man. The other day.
Speaker 1: I was down in Miami and I got in with with Wayne and I heard you the avateur mall. We had to drop on you.
Speaker 5: I'm like, he's thinking, wife, I worked every day I was down there, so I had to take her somewhere.
Speaker 1: Him big of your wife. Yeah, so you're working on a car to five.
Speaker 5: I'm working on that. I'm working on a bunch of stuff, man, a bunch of new talent. I got a record coming out.
Speaker 6: With this kid, P and b Rock from Philly, and that's my god, bigger p and b Ro.
Speaker 5: He's got to think of his own Orlando. Yeah, and working on a bunch of stuff. I'm working with Murder Beats, a bunch of stuff. Hopefully it makes a way to Drake and the cattle, the Canadian But yeah, we're cooking, got a bunch of stuff. Chris Brown, Chris Brown, because you did run It, Run It right.
Speaker 3: You did Chris Brown's original record. I was there, was it running Run It? I was there, I was, I was downstairs. Y'all was upstairs and you played me he was. He was upstairs with Tina Davis, am I correct, and Mark Pitch and Mark Pitch. And I didn't see Mark Pitch that day. I just seen you and Tina Davis. I came upstairs and I was downstairs.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 3: I think I was trying to bust at something. It's you know, I mean, it's back in the day. You know what I'm saying, go it out there. And two years later, this kid is Chris fucking fucking Brown. That far back, No, I'm talking about not, I mean back that's when, yeah, Scott is in there, and you know, Scott.
Speaker 1: Is my man.
Speaker 3: So I could come in Scott's studio and Scott he'll look at me and be like, you shouldn't really be here, right, but he'll still let me live.
Speaker 7: Always.
Speaker 3: And then I went that back downstairs, and two years later the kid he was working on was Chris Brown. I remember seeing that, and I feel like it was suited than two years. No, I'm not, I'm not describing now I'm saying anyway, I feel like we made the record, and at least within a year.
Speaker 5: It was a year, it was in a year. I remember the day except the day I met Chris Brown. I've told this story a hundred times, and I like telling this story.
Speaker 3: Telling motherfuckers over there, but quiet telling the day I met Chris Brown.
Speaker 5: He was a little kid man, came in and I told him. I said, Yo, you're you're an awesome person. Just stay humble and stayed just like you are.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: He did, And I'm going to make you a number one song today. And the song, whatever we make is gonna go to number one. And a year later it was number one.
Speaker 1: Wow. So a year later I said, two years, one year later, we took him the number one. He never had a record ever in his life. But he deserves that. I'm not gonna take all the credit for that.
Speaker 5: He's a talented young man and still talented, and he still blesses me every time. He's one of the loyal ones. There's very few. The's Fat Joe, there's you, There's Chris Brown and Rick Ross. But Chris on my darkest day, Rick Chris Brown always make sure he puts the Scott Storage record on his album with Rick Ross as well.
Speaker 1: Now hop about Cali. Did you work with college Steve Caller?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Man, you know cald a long long time. Him and DJ Nasty. You know, me and Joe used to go to Orlando and always used to run into them because.
Speaker 1: From Orlando, I've just seen New Orleans.
Speaker 7: Yeah, from New Orleans exactly just up and you know we go way back. Like someone just found some crazy throwback of me him in the trench and I suit from the Outlaws, like from ninety five. But you know, you know, Callen knew how to master the game, and they relevant and use his personality and God bless him then, and God bless his new baby son and big You know.
Speaker 1: I.
Speaker 3: Try.
Speaker 1: I try to tell people in this game that nothing happens overnight, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: So it takes decades to you know, be successful when you need a lot of patience, You got to sacrifice a lot and persistent. You know, all of us at this table got resumes and stripes and for the new generation out there, like you got butt, you're working ship does not happen overnight. But with Scott, we got that game record out with Jeremiah All Eyes the Foreigner Rhythmic Charts, and we got Shaggy record out and we're doing some just different ship that got never did.
Speaker 1: Shaggy grabbed my head.
Speaker 7: Counter I was like, don't be managing that. You know, Scott's Scott's going around the world playing the keys with the DJ doing some innovative ship. We're doing a lot of brand collapse and TV ship, movie ship and just working with every like new artist from you know bb Barelli on Deaf Jam to me and Rocks to every everything. Give give Nipsey some ship French one to everybody.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 7: You know, Scott's talent never left just because someone goes through trials and tribulations that town.
Speaker 3: I go through trials and tribulations every every day. And the thing it's doubt me every day.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm telling many day?
Speaker 4: What was what was the situation with with Steve Gottlie and and like the published TV T I've always heard that story the beginning. What's what's the facts on that story on the which story that that Steve Gottlie had.
Speaker 7: A percentage of your publishing? No, I just had a he had a poaching deal with.
Speaker 1: A publishing deal.
Speaker 5: I got my first million dollar check for him, but I didn't see TV This is a real story that you know teaches you about persistence. But you know, back in the day my first publishing deal, I got a million dollar deal with tv T Records. I got one hundredand they all got fired. I got one hundred thousand out of that million, respect make for real.
Speaker 2: It was just on.
Speaker 5: I got loud by people like between lawyers and this and that, and then so I got that too.
Speaker 1: I tried to sell the ship that was like corrupt ship that you know, and it.
Speaker 5: Was a million up front and you got one hundreds one hundred thousand out of it.
Speaker 1: Heartbreaking, but you know what, it's just inspiration to make more.
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 1: God damn, that's the part of the game. You know, plenty of it now. No, I was a game. I was Lindsey low Hand. Let's hell like.
Speaker 11: Real than that because Lizzy, I seeing them around, I'll be like, damn when I see it, I'm like that I want to get out of Yeah, tell me no secrets.
Speaker 5: In my day of doing my dirt and wound out and Paris girls listen, I had all listen girls and I would take them out, and I would walk the correct carpets and know that no, let's please pay to all right, I would mad, I would walk the red carpet with them, but when I would leave, I would call the porn star across.
Speaker 1: But you you bus Kim Kardashian open.
Speaker 3: Listening coming out in the movie like you, that was it, like you were first hip hop boyfriend. Let's just keep it right, gott claim it, claim it because somebody else is gonna claim it and it's not gonna Do you want to think I'll be telling the sticky chest out man, Scott. I think right now as you're claiming, I've just got I see.
Speaker 1: I know the truth. He was the first hip hop cool man. Listen, people are different places in their lives now. I ain't trying to definitely, I got yeasy threes. That's the way to.
Speaker 7: White.
Speaker 1: They send me the white jacket.
Speaker 6: There's a price to pay for everything.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: But Lindsay lohand how was that, Lindsay lohand how was that?
Speaker 1: Go there? Yeah, please come on or Paris Hill team either one.
Speaker 6: Let's just say is dope.
Speaker 1: Paris is dope.
Speaker 3: Parents are But how by Lindsay that's now that I know, you don't want to tell about Lindsey.
Speaker 5: So she was more like a homie than anything else. If I went there with her, I really don't remember it so well, but.
Speaker 1: She definitely got high. Oh yeah, let's make some noise for that. Listen, listen. Let me tell you something.
Speaker 3: A lot of niggas get high with with people named Jamal, then they get high for people named Jamiica. This nigga got high with Lindsay lohand parates helped him.
Speaker 1: His first girl was Kim Card. Let's let's praise this nigga's fucking nose and his niggas. You're my friend, Scott, I gotta big you up. I don't know if you know. This is a platform.
Speaker 3: We were big up all legends and see a lot of people don't give you the credit for busting it wide open.
Speaker 7: A lot of things.
Speaker 1: Come on, Scott, you think about it, looks, think about it together. I don't want to look Scott, and I want to praise you for that. He was the first nigga I ever seen was Star Island, Star alland was very I did a lot of first a lot of first Bugatti, first.
Speaker 3: Thama time that is as the first book.
Speaker 8: I didn't know what the fuck he was saying to me. He said, you know, this is a Bugatti. I said, that's a fact. I want to know what you're talking.
Speaker 7: I don't know what is this.
Speaker 1: Listen, this is the true story, true story.
Speaker 7: The first thing I.
Speaker 5: Did when I got that car delivered, I ripped the plastic off the seats and I sparked a backwood in the driver's seat in my driveway, just to drive them, you know, sit there and just christened the car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, disrespectful. Did you bust a nut as well?
Speaker 6: There's probably some DNA of mine left in that.
Speaker 1: DNA. God damn, Scott.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something, Scott, I'm gonna be honest. At one point you was like scar faced to me, like is that respectful?
Speaker 6: No, it's agree with it.
Speaker 1: I've seen you in your crib one day and you closed the drawer. It was like it was like when Lebron.
Speaker 5: I said, listen like Jack Nicholson and departed.
Speaker 6: Think about it.
Speaker 3: I don't remember that part, but I definitely remember when Lebron like that and I said, yo, Scott, you had and it was the purror pirates of the peerror And I Listen, let's make a noose. Scott starts being living.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 3: A lot of y'all niggas seen scar Face the movie. Y'all never seen a scarface in real life. This makes annoying scarf face.
Speaker 1: In real life. I said, I said, Scott doing it, Scott doing it. This is real shit, and I respect you. Scott. Just want you to know that from the bottom.
Speaker 3: Of my heart, You've always been a great guy and I'm gonna always respect you like that.
Speaker 1: And Steve LaBelle, we're gonna get back into you.
Speaker 7: It's all good.
Speaker 3: Last time we had you on the phone, we asked you a jam Master Jay story.
Speaker 1: You didn't really want to get into it because we was on the phone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So now we need you to give us because you know jam Master Jake real Queen's guy, exactly.
Speaker 1: We have to pay tribute and respect to jam Master Jack.
Speaker 7: Into the fucking bitch ass nigga who fucking shot him?
Speaker 1: Man, you listen to the first white guy we allow you to say, nigga can say that shot your Russell City say you're.
Speaker 3: Allowed to say, niggah override Rustle, I'm with you, nigga, call that nigga nigga, dam what you got?
Speaker 7: We killed him?
Speaker 2: Man, you know.
Speaker 1: Let me now look four B, well, hold on, by the way, we're in the apartment four B. Yep, shut up before you're looking out. Let me let me big on my man again. Let me become my man.
Speaker 3: Come over here, come over, come over here, Apartment four B.
Speaker 7: Please shout out, shout the Graham and all that ball for a B.
Speaker 5: Follow us that apartment a p T dot for B Queens.
Speaker 1: We in l a legend that you're going down right now. You know Scott been dissing me all night. You see his shots and see my shots. Shot No, no, like I said that shot that shot. I feel like you needed that jokes h m. I finished it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because like I said toever the motherfucking bitch ass nigga out there, kill Jay? I did, I did. Maybe you and your family rotten hell, Yeah, you don't kill jam It's funny because you're from Queens. So every fourth of July Jay called me. He was like, Steve, call your Italian buddies and let's get some fireworks.
Speaker 1: We go to spetty spaghetti War.
Speaker 3: You know, you know the first time I've ever seen John Gotti was Spaghetti Park when he.
Speaker 1: Beat his case. I'm like maybe six seven.
Speaker 3: Years old and I'm miss Spaghetti Park and John Gotti beat his case. So when you said that on the on the on the podcast, when you hung up, I actually said that story right, And when you said that, I knew you were official.
Speaker 7: Let me icy k Lemon. I just took my dad to Lemon King when I was and Queens. I'm going back to Queens next week for my birthday will be fifty one. Man gone birthday. No no, go to Vegas, please, no one Vegas?
Speaker 1: What are you? What are you calling up?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 7: Frost bite frob let's know Las Vegas, frost bite you ass.
Speaker 4: Let's know.
Speaker 7: I'm going home to time my father O you ted. But you know, Jay always want the fireworks to bring back to two third and Hollars and blow up all the fireworks for the kids. And we still always get the fireworks and go over there and just you know, I just got so many stories, man, from.
Speaker 1: Easy to so much ship Man. Now, how we go Western Peace? Jam Master Jay. But it's the first of the month. You ain't managed them at that time.
Speaker 7: You actually exactly he was still relatively all the time tamout.
Speaker 1: It's the first thing you ask you yes, So look listen nineteen ninety three, this is I said.
Speaker 7: Ruthless Records was distributed by Relatively, So I worked at Relativity Easy. We did his album, We did mc RN, We did app band Clan, which is where I am if from a map band clan, Bloods of Abraham. There was a White Map group which was Jerry Heller's nephew, Terry heller'sh Shit, there was so many all assigned to Ruth's. You know, Easy was a you know, real businessman. So I was A and R in there at the time. So when Bone Thumps came in New York, Easy I died, so I didn't really know anybody but me. So I was the A and R. I did the solo projects, I did the more Thug label that we had so many hits and then I just started managing them. So I was around the first of the months of Thugust Ruggish love of Money.
Speaker 1: As all, let's keep it right there. Yeah, it's the first of the month. Yeah, this guy, you heard that record and what did you say?
Speaker 7: Shit, Wow, you knew you know, yeah, but you know, Bone and very innovative create man, they singing rap man and you know, Whiz salutes them. They said Rocky salutes from Kendrick slut Rice in this blind does But I feel like bone dogs don't get their dudes. And they sold fifty million records, which is all for a rap of fifty million. And they collaborated Wants fifty million, and they collabed with and the murch Right fifty million. And they they're always tarring. And at the end of the day, the only rap group no MP MP three that did songs with Easy Pop, Biggie j J mentor Damn after Easy died to the record with pun to the records of you KNOWJH. So many people Tupac Doug Love, but you know, I'm still with them. It shows you the integrity of myself because all I know is loyalty and integrity. So twenty three years later and all of them, yeah, yeah, they're crazy. Both the town.
Speaker 3: Guy still a lot sh a k nigga, I need I need the beginning. At the beginning, I wish we had to keep having listen. We played keyboard, But you know what, I figured, that's what every other interview is going to try.
Speaker 7: You're right, You're right.
Speaker 1: And I said, you know what, this is my brother. Queens guys would do, they don't follow you know why. He ain't gonna fuck with them like he hate fuck with me, So I said, I said. At first, I was like, you know, finally keyboard and all.
Speaker 3: That, And then I said, you know what, I looked at him on the internet. See how he killed it, See how he killed every I said, you know, I just want to speak to my brother. But now for our listeners, how did.
Speaker 1: It's still drake d nigga? How that happened?
Speaker 6: I'm gonna tell you right now. I remember, as clear as a bell, Drake.
Speaker 1: I'm getting it.
Speaker 5: Ram some drums every day, like we were sitting there and he would come up with a drum pattern.
Speaker 6: In that particular day, it.
Speaker 5: Was sandwich, sandwich, and then he went and ate a sandwich.
Speaker 1: Sandwich and the kitchen at Encore Studios. What does he eat?
Speaker 6: I don't know. He was having a sandwich.
Speaker 1: Was it turkey and geese? It could have been quite likely, definitely a sandwich.
Speaker 5: And the kitchen is obviously within earshot of the control room of the studio.
Speaker 1: Good Dad, and he just left the pattern just.
Speaker 5: Playing, and I got on that joint and I said, hang, and he walked in with the sandwich in his hand and he said.
Speaker 1: That's it right there. Because we was down to the wire.
Speaker 5: We had been making record after record, making one hundred records, and we were looking for that single. And he said, that's it right there, that's it. And by the end of the day, and you did that on a piano, I did that on a piano. Five minutes later. We put everything around that ship. It was just a base and a little string. We didn't do nothing to it. It was just three elements.
Speaker 1: We sent it off to jay Z. Rum was that that was your idea to send it to jay Z. No, that was not.
Speaker 5: I mean, obviously it would be a great idea, but it was quite certain that came from doctor Dre.
Speaker 6: He's a visionary man.
Speaker 1: I learned so much from that dude.
Speaker 5: I'm not trying to be a dick rider or nothing, but for real, that was how I learned how to do what the funk I did his watching him bring the best out of artists.
Speaker 3: He said that to you, the beat is made, He said, IM send it to Slim. Yeah, yeah, it's big, a high standard. We respect you man as a beat maker.
Speaker 5: We like to have high standards and be like, nah, now we're going to scrap these joints and ship and look for that magic ship.
Speaker 1: But Dre takes that to a whole other level.
Speaker 5: I mean straight fire where we're all in the room like this ship is crazy.
Speaker 3: He's like, that's all right, let's keep going. Now that's that level levels of the ship and it's off city boy d.
Speaker 1: How you doing?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 1: You text me back now? Ya wait? I'm going there? So do you do you think? Because now you came from the Roots. Now, the Roots is a musical bad That's like if you listen to the like try call crash album just came out. Love it. You could hear it loud, you could hear it and the speakers, but then.
Speaker 3: You can hear it on a little headphones and that's when I know your album is though, of course.
Speaker 1: So, but so is the Roots. The Roots is like a musical band.
Speaker 6: Funny you should say that because.
Speaker 1: The Roots.
Speaker 5: We got our tone center from an instrument called Defender Rhodes. This is an electric piano.
Speaker 1: But say it again, for.
Speaker 5: It's an electric piano used the most soulful music in the Seconday.
Speaker 1: We didn't even got set of roots.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying now, Tribe call quests.
Speaker 5: A lot of their samples with samples from old records like Herbie Hancock, Bob James, all these different people that played Defender Roads keyboard. So when everybody was sampling it, I was started playing before anybody.
Speaker 1: Everybody's on the Roads is.
Speaker 5: Dick for the past twenty years, but nobody was fucking with it. When when I got on it and I was like, Yo, this keyboard is that's what they sampling. So I said, I'm about one at the time, nobody wanted this keyboard. It was two hundred dollars. I got it from an old church. Yeah, it was giving them away in Philly. In Philly, so I had this road. It's the size of a coffin. You imagine touring on the street with this big ass keyboard. It's like moving a fucking real piano. So whatever, you know that that was what I was able to do, and that's what I do now. I'm able to take whatever the vibe is and I do everything live. So I've you know, hip hop is going through periods where people were sampling and playing live. Ship I was able to persevere through all of that ship because I play it live, and then if samples are in, I play it live in such a way where I make it sound like samples.
Speaker 1: I had dirt to it.
Speaker 6: I had records crackling.
Speaker 1: Underneath everything, filter that ship and just manipulated. Now let's get into that. Lean back, baby, lean back. What the fuck happened there?
Speaker 5: Raoul, our mutual friend brought Fat Joe out.
Speaker 6: To my crib in Western Florida.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's describe the people where Western Florida is.
Speaker 6: In the middle of fucking nowhere, because I still don't know where.
Speaker 1: Western Florida I was.
Speaker 7: I was trying to take western Fort La.
Speaker 5: Fat and it used to be the swamps, but now it's nice everything out there, mosquitoes and three million dollar cribs.
Speaker 1: And then what happened so out there? So Joe comes out and he describes of what he was feeling because he told me he beatboxed this ship too.
Speaker 6: You he kind of that, you just know he I don't think he didn't know.
Speaker 1: But that's okay.
Speaker 5: But there's a whole other story about a girl named Beatbox. The girl has to do with a terror squad Trizzy.
Speaker 1: But that's a whole other thing. That's a whole other story from your I don't want to get into that, like let's let's go there, but around the corner from that, well, you know it's real.
Speaker 5: So he described what he wanted, and fifteen minutes later he had lean Back, and then he said, Scott, I need an intro.
Speaker 6: I need some real hard ship.
Speaker 5: So I said, don't know, and it just happened, and boom, they thought I was a musical genius.
Speaker 6: I just got lucky that day.
Speaker 1: It was like, definitely, you did say that again. Again, you did say that again. Your life, Scott's thought is a musical beloky.
Speaker 2: A lot of.
Speaker 1: I just remembered from.
Speaker 5: In two thousand and five that went the mt Music Awards, one of the Scott Storch moments that was just into the ship. In two thousand and five, the MTV Music Awards was in Miami, and I had very present McLaren slr. Join the wings that go up, and so ignorantly I left that ship on the red carpet like and I walked away with the doors open. I have Paris Hilton on my arm, and I went and performed leaned back and I remember we had I looked out into the audience and I seen Bruce Willis leaning back, and that was one of the coolest ship I ever seen in.
Speaker 1: My That's make and I know Joe. That's that Joe Bruce Willis and say lean back. But Paris, that's the first person to introduced the cocaine. Is that chasing Los Angeles? Didn't I heard the man I introduced myself. I'm like, man, people always point the finger at everybody else.
Speaker 6: I put that ship in my nose, girl putting them another girl out though.
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm gonna be honest. You had that gang of fun. Though I'm from the hood. I'm from the hood. Every person that ever went there, it's a girl.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 5: The combination of cocaine and pussy is a motherfucker.
Speaker 1: It's a futherfucker. That's the first one.
Speaker 6: This guy.
Speaker 1: Just want I think I remember that ship. No, I heard it was Lindsay. Wasn't Lindsay Style parents, Lindro This guy is my man.
Speaker 5: You don't give a you know, not to sound corny or square or nothing, but for real, I'm having more fun right now.
Speaker 6: And I smoked so.
Speaker 1: Much weed and make so much music, and I hang out with my girl every.
Speaker 6: Night and we bug out.
Speaker 1: Big up your girl.
Speaker 6: No, she's the ship. She got me off of the fucking bullshit that ship.
Speaker 1: Ship, But that's all the fun. That ship. Let's talk about using that's more fun. It's a little bit more fun. So But but but Lindsay hope before I heard that what I've read it in a magazine. Ship and listen, why do you bring up all these girls? They famous?
Speaker 6: No, but I'm saying they like, I don't.
Speaker 1: I know you've been with Jamika, But I ain't gonna bring that up because she, remember, Jamika is way more fun constantly, but not to any day, not to a listener, because Scott starting ship, you gonna not this picture.
Speaker 5: Let me ask a question, would you walk with all these anglist girls on your yacht or would you want ten bad South American mommies with fucking fat ass.
Speaker 1: Now I'm a boring nigga, Scott. I go to costcos I'm just painting a picture.
Speaker 3: You want to listen, I'm going to cost We'll keep it real costco ship though, like yo, you know what, it's crazy, I'm tak yo. Listen, Scott, you hang out with me, you never hang out with me again in Miami. Like listen, like like if I go with you the club, you'll be the figure of the almost awesome.
Speaker 5: I've been through a lot of ship with us, dude, right in the daytime, I can I ask you a question?
Speaker 1: Do you remember being a fugitive at my house? Yes? I do? Harve give me high, Scot give me yes.
Speaker 7: Yes. And you know what now?
Speaker 1: I go to Costcos every day? Yeahsco.
Speaker 3: If there's time consoles, I don't want to buy wine for one bottle.
Speaker 1: I want to buy eighteen? Did I say that alloud? Like maybe eight maybe take a couple of trips.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I buy, I buy Mad bottles, I bouy Mad Bottles and I go to Costcos all day. So Steve LaBelle, yes, sir boom thought I'm boring. No no, no, no no no, he's not cocaine story too. That's why you stop getting never life, that's why you're start getting high.
Speaker 1: Let's keep it. Only God could judge, But can I say something about Steve Labell? Uh huh.
Speaker 6: I'm living rate right.
Speaker 5: Now because I got this motherfucking management and I'm just talking about financially and that's great.
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying like I'm living a good life.
Speaker 5: I look forward to every day I get a text like, Yo, this motherfucker is gonna show up and he put it out the woodwork for him from Queens, but we kill it every time we're.
Speaker 7: Working for real. He got to be doing I'm like, he's doing ship that he wouldn't do because the game has changed so much and it's different from back when he was doing a lot of stuff. So now we're living in a Spotify world, digital world. So we new artists getting signed. It's hard to keep up, but you got to go with your gut in your ear and you know, we lead as we're not followers, so we can go in with a lot of people. But sometimes it's good to break some new artists that are about to break. That kid pm B Rocks going in with a big PNB that's my nick. And then Thursday Scott's going to a boogie with the hoodie from the that's the throwing some stuff to Davies.
Speaker 1: We throw, Yeah, so we throwing stuff to new album.
Speaker 3: What are we getting in the studio and I try to that James working out, so Jay Scott want to work with you.
Speaker 1: Jay Z got to get this drum and we're gonna do a do something.
Speaker 7: Now, you know we're throwing things.
Speaker 1: Out You can't just say that you're very point. We're throwing a very point.
Speaker 7: We're throwing things out there.
Speaker 3: It's Eminem.
Speaker 1: Are we officially saying that on drinks?
Speaker 7: I'm just saying we think Eminem is back in the studio.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Let's make some noise for I spread in the room up everything when we start, we don't do.
Speaker 7: Is going to be there.
Speaker 1: Scott is making the be Let's make.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 7: We're about to work with We're working with everybody and both of you.
Speaker 3: Guys, both of you guys and my family. I'm gonna just be honest and I'm I'm so happy that you guys came to let me bug out with you guys. But you got information about Eminem being back in the studio.
Speaker 7: Everybody's back in the studio. Jay Z is back in the studio. Everybody heard, and people want substance and people want real music.
Speaker 3: So did you hit the try because the try out? Did they hit number one? Because I know they the numbers is great. Hopefully Daylight Soul hit number one you know people that do you feel like it's coming back?
Speaker 1: It is? You think it is?
Speaker 5: Scout, Yeah, and you know what, I'm on their heels all these young producers.
Speaker 3: He's working with Metro Boom and he's working with Murder Beachs. We collab with a lot of people. Can't give us something on that Carter five.
Speaker 6: You're gonna see some ship.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. Yeah, I like this picture. I just looked at the I like that.
Speaker 6: I love working with people that are hungry too.
Speaker 1: Now you know you don't one thing about you, Scott is.
Speaker 3: I always tell people, I say, if the producers send you to beat, I don't think you're working with them.
Speaker 1: And you've always been the guy that come over here, come five with me.
Speaker 6: That's the only way it gets done.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: You gotta vibe oal, you gotta make that's at the end of the day. It's really But can you agree with me.
Speaker 3: That's the reason why music died is because everybody got rich and everybody said i'll see you the JIT and you've seen this ship and nobody got back together. Like think about it and at a certain time and day and I don't want to put it, but when we all got to the studio together.
Speaker 1: There was no wack. There was no wack. Right, there's no but you were in the studio.
Speaker 7: It wasn't like, oh, send it to my email and you don't even know who you're collaborating with, just because someone's hid at the moment. That's what's sucking up the music industry. So on the business side, and the game is twisted, and I feel like nineties is back and people want substance and real music. You know, both dogs work on a new album. But the end of the day, you know, at the end of the day, like there's a lot of great talented alltists out here and the Internet is a gift and the curse, but we got to use.
Speaker 1: It for advantage.
Speaker 7: And I always say to the younger generation out there, learned the business side, like do you know about publishing? You know asscat being mind, you know by ancillary? Do you know about anything about tarring? But the new generation they want to do it to be cool, do it to like make history, you know, because money come and go with history stage. So I don't know, We're just working with everybody. And Scott trusted me to bring a new generation in to work with them and if Scott breaks the new generation, Scott Storch is still Scott Storch, which he never left.
Speaker 1: I looked at that, man, I don't know if you I'm a lust joy with that. Yeah, but that's all you can do, is you know?
Speaker 7: I feel like loyalty and the integrity and principles of Marls are throwing out the game right now, and yeah, I don't know how to do it's.
Speaker 1: It's come over there. You ain't got nothing to do with d ship. Come on the side podcast, by the way, let me get some of that.
Speaker 7: Let's make it toast my man, Reverend Run's birthday today, birthday coming up, Scott's birthday.
Speaker 1: This is how you know, been in France for a long time. Look at that.
Speaker 7: Uh huh's good.
Speaker 1: Just look Lott, love the little nig a little more mouse severing my nigga. Is that nigga still ain't gonna drink?
Speaker 7: No cheers to all the real ones out there to help the goppiness.
Speaker 3: Scott. Listen, you is a hard core drinker. I'm gonna quit on chicking another shot with you.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not, I'm in. I'm in. I'm like a kid. I can't even do it. I'm just sipping.
Speaker 13: I look at the size of this, so tell us that I want to some big punt story.
Speaker 7: Steve label Man rest in peace to big pun Like it's just crazy because he was Joe's brother, but.
Speaker 1: He was Joe.
Speaker 7: He was Joe hype Man when I met him, right and we would get in the van. You remember fantastic back in the days in Massapeka.
Speaker 1: What you did? Told to me like that?
Speaker 3: Why because I've been speaking about fantastic for the first podcast.
Speaker 1: Wow, yes, fantastic. Yes, that's a long out. I don't know what you said. You said, Max peakless people, that's long island.
Speaker 7: Yes, okay, my back and we used to go out there in red vans and every label used to do it right, and we get to Nelly.
Speaker 1: Put me on.
Speaker 3: So I wasn't even on the label because you're talking about ninety six. Man, that ever you're talking about right now is ninety six and ninety seven.
Speaker 7: I didn't even tea about earlier than that. Ninety three. Yeah, I was in jail, but shout by locked up, you know, no Frank is out and all that you know, and shout out at Connelly the show he's doing. It's crazy. But you know, we would go get the van, right, and it was me Raoul, Me and Raoul go back up twenty five years me Raoul flex for Flex, resting Peace, blessed, crazy thing but a great man, canting rat it all. I know you're gonna rat it all. And then Joe and Pun and we were getting that fantastic van and Joe would not fly back then he would not fly.
Speaker 1: The one was the flyer.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but Pun was just a hype man. He wasn't Pun at the time. Once Pun up, he was first class every day. Joe still vanning it. Two first classes. And we went to do Mixo Powell Summit rest in Peace to Justo and Bahamas and there's a picture of me and Cam and Pun. I threw up the other day and Joe took a boat there and we flew there. But anyway, so Pun used to be Joe's hypeman with a drive around because.
Speaker 1: Call it.
Speaker 7: You would drive to Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit when retail stores existed, like George's Music Room and all that stuff and radio and Mick George Chicago. Yeah, but we just go to Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland exactly. So many facts, there's so many independent retail stores. Back then you go and put up pop and bree shirts and doing stores give cassette samplers nothing and do raided. And we had Vinyl to go in the stations, and Joe and Pun with Joe's hype man and I used to have the old Motorolla flip right from the label. But they didn't want us to spend no money and have forty dollars a day per diem and for us, Yeah, two fat guys. And I had those hit phones, remember back in the days when the dudes used to stand on that long expresswake take numbers.
Speaker 1: And hit the phones.
Speaker 7: So I had to throw away phone and on the road. And punk Man, he used to always want to use my phone, and we would all get him like, punt, I gotta call radio, I gotta call retail, I got to do all this stuff. He's like, still, I just want to call my family and my kids. So I love to use my phone. And he would just always call his kids and sit on that phone and say how much he loved him. And that's why when he passed and all that stuff in the media said he didn't take care of his family. Yeah, So anyway, at the end, of the day. You know, he was Joe's hype man and next thing, you know, blew up and then he was just off to the races man and one of the biggest Latino artists ever. And rest in peace to my brother.
Speaker 1: And I don't know, I just at Cuba Link Triple Sace.
Speaker 7: Onmageddon back in those days, you know came then you know, like I said, man, I've been around a lot of dudes in this game and I.
Speaker 1: And I'm from the original Terror score to let me just give you a story. It's my nigga twin.
Speaker 7: He went to Vegas with twenty and lost.
Speaker 3: He went to Vegas with eighty dollars and came back with twenty. Right, you like that story?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Just say you like this?
Speaker 12: Sorry, say yeah, I love it. We have a better story tonight, tonight. Twin is Twin is my little guy.
Speaker 3: Right, He's the reason why I want to get to heaven, because they said, in order to get to heaven, you gotta do things for people that can never do things for you back.
Speaker 1: And that's my God I love.
Speaker 3: Even if he can be able to do something for me back, I'm never going to take it, because that's my guy.
Speaker 1: That's my little guy.
Speaker 7: Like I love at a lot of that.
Speaker 1: That's what real ones do, though, you know. So Twin goes to the airport this morning, shape bear. He hit me, I am early because I'm early because you know I I used to be in jail.
Speaker 3: And I got kids. With that combination together, I can't wake up after six thirty, right, so I wake up. I just hit my little nigga, nigga Sonny. Sonny never been in calleen his life.
Speaker 1: So Sonny, Sonny hit me four thirty in the morning. What's up, Nigga'm gonna come down. We're talking about flags eleven. Relax. So I hate my nigga. Sonny says he's coming over Earlier. I said, yo, listen, Twin is coming Sonny. Here's Twin. I've gotta go upstairs and shower. Sonny is Twin, he says, Man, Twin, where you at?
Speaker 3: Barny said, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: He's like my sister counsel, my fight? Is this true?
Speaker 7: Whatever?
Speaker 1: Come on? Come on?
Speaker 6: You want to?
Speaker 1: You want to? Your sister was keep it back because you know, I tell I give it all out flight. She bought it. You canceled your sister was my sister.
Speaker 9: My pause, Look, I bought the flight. You know what I'm saying, I'm negative in the bank. So I gave her the money, so to the car.
Speaker 1: Pause.
Speaker 9: But then she can't somewhere. I went to the you know, the common to get my little check in. I'm happy as I'm going to.
Speaker 1: You told us your sisters fucking niggas. And then you know, the lady told me I don't have a flight. I was like, what you mean him?
Speaker 9: I have a flight and she's like, oh yeah, your mom called and canceled your flight. It's like, oh, I text my sister and I was like, oh you had a good laugh. She she said to call one of my rich reds to book one fight.
Speaker 1: And I was like, bitch, you better give your money. Asks me. Nor got just like, listen, this is what happened. So this is booking FLA.
Speaker 3: Twen is my little man. But the sister's sucking the homies. It's okay, we understand it happens. Big of your sister fucking the homies.
Speaker 1: Listen, boyle, hope for text me to beef on my homies because she's beefing with them.
Speaker 9: I told her I'm a sexual leadership with him, and these are my and.
Speaker 1: Have a brother that you.
Speaker 14: Yes, my friends saying like was like she want want to snitch all my friends. Like I'm gonna snitching on my nigga.
Speaker 1: Couse, you're breaking the ga code, right, you're breaking Americ code. Alright, snitching brother. You know what I'm saying, don't stairs smash it. I don't know, I say, but I got never really doing that ship. So she catching my flight. So he go to the airport and he check in. You know, you check in, you put your put your ship on the day and they be weighing your ship. I don't check they weighing ship. They weighing ship.
Speaker 7: Was it over forty seven pounds?
Speaker 3: So I don't know, but I know it was over none to seven pounds and they sent them out of the yacht the mean.
Speaker 1: So now I'm oot, stay showering.
Speaker 3: Sonny calling me like seven times, I see two miscalls from twin.
Speaker 1: I said, damn shi it real downstairs. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't really know what I'm gonna do, but I'm gonna make sure I smell good.
Speaker 1: Grab my card. Yeah, Tom Floyd, you know what I'm saying. Ain't sure.
Speaker 3: I came downstairs and Sonny he was trying to like he was trying to serenade you, like in a good way.
Speaker 1: I don't know if serenade was the right word, but.
Speaker 7: In a good way.
Speaker 3: Wait, relax, Twins, we're going so. Bottom line is, twin sister told him you dad, nigga, you ain't getting or no flight. All I heard was when Sonny opened the door, he said, she's trying to my dreams. Talk about it. Man, don't this your sister though, we didn't want to do that. We don't dis women, but voice your opinion. What happened today.
Speaker 1: What happened was my sister cancling my flat on me because we had we were beefing.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: This was you know this happened. We started beefing after the flight was moving. So she wanted to get me back your homies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, Scott Stout Miami blizzard, everything in Miami many years ago.
Speaker 1: She probably did.
Speaker 7: I don't know. I don't recall, man, you don't.
Speaker 6: You don't interfere with my flight.
Speaker 1: Man, Come on, man, you talking on the homies though, Yeah, that's not right.
Speaker 7: That's not right, because she says, I'm not Louising.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you're not loyal.
Speaker 3: What you need.
Speaker 1: Making me look bad?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 1: What you need you're making you know.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying, Yo, Scott Steve, Yes, sorry, yes sir, it went laugh, Yes, sir, it went.
Speaker 7: Laugh it off.
Speaker 1: But you know what, that's the beautiful thing.
Speaker 7: I made it.
Speaker 6: I made it, he made it.
Speaker 1: This is all that's our guy. Listen. Sometimes you got to take care of people.
Speaker 7: Gotta get back.
Speaker 15: That's what you gotta do. Talks about that's what you got. Yeah, you show a little the world your first time over there. That's the second though, last time the story. Okay, changed life.
Speaker 1: You gotta change people like that. So what's so? What's so Scott Stories? What is next? What's going on? That's your artist?
Speaker 3: It looks like he's an artist right there with the dreads. For some reason, artists have to throw back fat. You look like your name is lul Wuzzi Bell.
Speaker 6: What's next?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the next with Scott?
Speaker 6: You know what? I have an artist? This girl Tyson eighteen years old.
Speaker 1: He's getting singer, sing.
Speaker 6: She's a singer.
Speaker 5: She's dope, working on a whole bunch of different ship right now. Man being a freelance producer. You know, you want to work on the top projects that's out, and you want to work on the newest ship that's out, and you know touch the you know the culture. And I guess I'm trying to like do everything right now and just be you know, versatile, and.
Speaker 6: Just be everywhere.
Speaker 5: Now, we heard you in Russia and all that, everywhere doing a movie, doing the TV show. I'm doing sound packs for Akai right now. I'm doing all kinds of doing performing live. I'm just doing stuff that you know, I'm hungry again, just you know, not in terms of the money part of it, but I just I'm feeding for that spot right now. And you know, like I only know what it is to be a number one on the Charge. So I'm gonna stay there. That's where I live.
Speaker 1: That was the next state.
Speaker 7: Shit, I'm just living life, man, you know what I mean. You get caught up in this game thirty years and you do it for the love and the passion, and time goes by and you see a lot of things. But I never got to enjoy myself when life. So I'm just enjoying myself. Don't what to do, and you know, going hard with Scott. You know, we're gonna win some Grammys together, and we're just gonna keep doing innovative and creative stuff that he's not never did you know he said we got a reality show going on? You know, just I got a bunch of stuff going on old times. You know, I got a consulting business. Dee a little about consulting. I'm doing a bunch of TV stuff, reality TV stuff, working on new Bone Thugs out and we're about to go on the Snoop Dogg Tall Puff Puff past two Tall, whole month of December always turning, Yeah with bunk Thugs. Yep, we got a booking and see you know the Sean Kingston stuff. Just just doing a bunch of stuff. Man. Like, honestly my Instagram is we working because all I do is work? You know you do? And then I got a merch line called hip hop.
Speaker 1: Don't know you.
Speaker 7: I just feel like, for like, I'm not gonna stereotype. I'll stereotype this situation right now. You know, you meet a lot of young white kids, right and I am white, and you know there's sixteen seventeen got their pants up there ass faetane half backwards saying they love hip hop and doing it to be cool. But they don't know who the Beastie boys are at third base. So hip hop don't know you. So you can't even conversate with me like learning and big shout out the MC search.
Speaker 1: He's in La right now. We're trying to get up practis. But if you're in the Midwestern, you.
Speaker 7: Don't know the Dayton family is or proof more twelve rest in piece of MC breed.
Speaker 1: Hip hop don't know you.
Speaker 7: So I learned to learn the business, learn the forefathers. Just learn about the culture and the lifestyles deepen and just Instagram and social media look cool. So I'm the guy that preached out. I do a lot of motivations speaking in jew and our hall, drug rehabs and uh high schools and colleges about the music business and the music industry. So I do a lot of stuff like that. I go on tour and do that.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just I don't know.
Speaker 7: God is great man man.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, Steve. But before we get up out of head for that was as go home relaxed you always do, and I.
Speaker 16: Thought, bogie at him now, Master Snori right right, He says, jam Master j story, we need, we need a jam Master Jason's that's my nephew, my nephew, queens let's jams J was the realist you know in include to run DMC the swag.
Speaker 7: One of the best DJs ever and it comes from one used to bring creates and stuff and a lot of people look up to him. But like I said, man, me and j did so much. Another story used to go to you know, the Giants games and just watch Pepel Johnson in front of us hours and watch the Giants game. Go to the next game, watch the Mark Jackson play, just like just cool stuff. Man, J was just the coolest man.
Speaker 1: I wish that.
Speaker 7: Everybody got to see him, meet him and whoever did you know, then they understand who is But you know, I don't forget where I come from. So every time I talk about the industry, I talk about jam Master Jay and Jason Mazel And that said. I know we ain't trying to go positive or negative, whatever you want to say, but I always salute jams J because he was the realist. To me, he is my friend.
Speaker 1: I think the police did a terrible job.
Speaker 7: Terrible job. And like I said, whoever killed him, you know, and there's people who do know, and they rotten hell and their family get fucking raped and all types of shit, just cremated and stabbed, just every nasty thing you can imagine, because man, Jay is hip hop and it's sad, you know, like other other accidents and other people got killed in the industry, you know, it was different things for that reason. But for j come on getting killed playing the PlayStation. You know, Jay was one of the realers. So I take it personal, and that's it. I've just been blessed to work with Jay and Pawn and Biggie and Pop and Easy, and not a lot of people could say that. A lot of rappers ever, Yeah, Bone squab Easy before forget about it, marketing businessman, crip, real one feared nobody and just you know, if you go, I shure that movie was inaccurate, you no, ninety percent, that movie was real, like you know, and everybody was waiting when like Sugar care from what I heard, Sugar never got at him like that. And at the end of the day, like come on, you asked you, you asked Cube, no matter what you know, Easy he put the money up. Easy was the marketing guy. Easy was the businessman in California right now. He signed Boone Thugs in Harmony, signed at band Clan, which was where I am against the rap and anybody who's real from the world that knows the Easy Listen. His wife owns, you know, one of the biggest catalogs in the game. So that was Easy Ruthless Records. So you know he was innovative, a brand ambassador, creative marketing genius.
Speaker 1: Come on, man.
Speaker 7: So at the end of the day, you know we, like I said, I feel like Easy don't get what he deserved. I don't think Boom Thugs get what they deserve. A lot of some all de side, they don't get what they deserve. But you know, I've been blessed to work with just you know, a lot of legendary groups three six, my faith on MG, like I said, the Outlaws and Bone.
Speaker 1: But you know, we need we just need to keep the culture alive. Man, that's what we're doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, City boy D. But listen, before we get up out of here. Your relationship with sug Knight, Scott, want to start.
Speaker 5: With you first with sug Knight. Sug Knight, you know what he was somebody I had met a couple of times and in Hollywood, and then years later I moved into a very exclusive neighborhood in Beverly Hills and he was my neighbor. And you know, he was struggling with a lot of things his personal life as well as I was. And you know, he never did anything to me other than show love. And you know, I got nothing bad to say about the guy. And I know he was there for Tupac when nobody was and he you know, we all, you know, life is a crazy journey.
Speaker 1: So you know whatever he's been through and is going through, and you know, big up to him.
Speaker 7: And you know, yeah, I mean I call him Simon. You know, I know Simon a long time, and I judge people off the way they treat me and I live off respect, and Shook has always been cool with me, you know. And I don't get involved with all the other stuff he says, she say. But the end of the day, whenever he saw me, show me love. And you know, he's in the county jail right now. And I feel like a lot of people should step up and put some money on his books. I know one person that does Alan grumblack for me. One entertainment, does queen you expect that?
Speaker 1: And at the end of the day, like, come.
Speaker 3: On here, Queen's got as a queen's answer.
Speaker 7: And you know, the biggest catalog in hip hop history is death Row, which E One owns. And but you know what, people need to go put some money on his books because the end of the day, like there's always three sides to a story, and that man helped a lot of people change a lot of people's life. If you wasn't dead, you really can't, you know, say something about them, man. But like I said, I judge people off the way they treat me. Like ninety percent of music industry is a lot of fake ones, and they scared and they hide behind stuff and they call man, there's a lot of rappers to get robbed and they call the white Jewish guy Queen's in La. But at the end of the day, like, don't put a facade on, be real, don't be fake. And there's a lot of fake people, but you know they all smile on your face. They have you in your back. So everybody there who should have made rich and you know, discovered and help go put just scho put fifty dollars on his books. You've been in jail, so you know how much that means. But no one's even giving the fuck that man's going. An easy son just came out the county. He said he saw them and he say look bad, you know. And if I had the opportunity to go visit, I go visit him either. The other Leasy was in the county and he saw should but and they're like, yo, if you don't even know him, go put some money on the man's books, because he did a lot for his culture. That's true, And that's that's what I'm just saying, Like, if he disrespected me, I would say, you know, film, but he never disrespected them. You know, he showed me love. And I know him for a long time.
Speaker 1: So on that know that big up shig night.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean teach his home. Then only God could judge.
Speaker 1: Right, motherfucking right. I don't know.
Speaker 7: But he makes a noise. I love this ship, keep going, that's question though I love this ship makes I got no filter, So I'm gonna tell you the truth.
Speaker 1: Keep the questions going. No, I ain't like, I ain't like Shoke. Make some noise. Let's make some noise for Shoke. Forgot.
Speaker 7: It's funny me you Scott had a number of positive things that saying we's at a different times and that's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Ain't ain't Ain't nobody gonna challenge you or judge you or feel no God, So we got a problem like it is what it is.
Speaker 3: So I always just want to thank both of you brothers for being here in the drink Champs militia. We're doing what we gotta do, like we just got to do around the corner from the percolator, keep the percolator, percolator on.
Speaker 1: The fire and its water mean highest house.
Speaker 15: Got your figure smelling saying backwards, I diddy.
Speaker 1: First the first time it was ya gotta meeting been thinking about she sang out the languages that.
Speaker 3: Follow it broken, So I want I can't thank y'all enough, diego, thank you for putting it together.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having Steve the bell.
Speaker 3: Scott starts coming in here and just sitting here talking, and you know what I seen.
Speaker 1: You know every other interview, and they want to have Scott.
Speaker 7: You know, we already know Scott.
Speaker 1: God still dope, we know Scott every time we do it.
Speaker 7: You guys welcome invited over to Scott's house and watching play grand piano when he's living.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do that. We're gonna do that. That's another episode. Appreciated, but that's another episode. Right now is holiday season, so we got to thank l A without coming over.
Speaker 7: No no, no, no, no, no holiday thanks coming.
Speaker 1: We're coming back to all birthdays coming up. Yeah, yeah, and you live in l A. I live in l A, New York. I've seen father's swimming.
Speaker 7: Man shout out my daughters a queen. Yeah, he'll side that.
Speaker 2: My dad.
Speaker 7: My dad is eighty three years old and he swims thirty laps literally real swimming at eighty three years old. Man Solis around were gangsterf from Queens and you know, he knew Jay, he knew Joe, he knows everybody. But at the end of the day, you know, I go back to see my dad, man, because you know, I lost my mom a few years ago, and I regretted it because I've traveled so much in this game and chasing my dreams and chasing you know, the history and and the passion of this industry. So sometimes you forget to visit home and go home. So now I go home, take my dad to the Mets games, Yankee games, Jets, Giants, Knicks, and that's all that, and just spend time in the lemon Ice King Corona. Just different shit, man, Yeah, because you know, like we don't appreciate sometimes what we really have until it's too late. And you know, so many people don't even appreciate a dollar bill or a toothbrush, you know, and there's people over the world starving and fucked up. So appreciate life. So I just go back home see my dad a lot. Man. We stayed, we straight right where we grew up in Queens, and I'm going back next week for Thanksgiving. So you know, I don't forget where I come from. Nord you already know that.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Definitely not going back for Thanksgiving. But go ahead, Scott staying in Miami. I'm sorry, I'm here. Got ahead this for something to leave.
Speaker 7: Pressure, Uh.
Speaker 6: No, just this is It's a pleasure to be here.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: I'm just so grateful that you put this amazing show together. Man, I'm so proud of you.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: God blessed, thank you, God, bless us, good people, God, thank God, damn, God, damn.
Speaker 1: Because it is being there another one podcast. Motherfucker, No, let me tell you something.
Speaker 7: You know what they always say, they say, oh, this one, this one that, But you know what, you can never count knowing out and and everything is dad man, because I want them to count me out. Will fuck them because everybody counts a lot of people out. But you got the hottest podcast in the world, and you doing you're shitting on a lot of people stuff, a lot of you real with an innovative creative in them. People don't like that.
Speaker 1: They like the bullshit, they don't like it.
Speaker 7: So you know, anybody, if anybody deserves success, guys like yourself, who has a resume in stripes, who put in a lot of forget of course DJ my man James is the work of is all back in the days he runs a why Cliff Now? But you know James, but you know at the end of the day, that's.
Speaker 1: A street team history.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, I don't even know what it was, but it sounded flat.
Speaker 7: But you know, you guys are innovative, you're creative. It's real And Nancy, can you put you know this with uswhere man, everybody wants to skip to work and you deserve it because you put the work in. You got the strikes man you're not skipping, like you know what it is to go to fantastic, but then you know what it is to get on the.
Speaker 1: Private jet and it's spread out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and exactly a tall bus and a call. Whatever needed to get done, you were able to get it done, and you're still relevant. I tell people I'm a dinosaur but on fossil field because I stay relevant. So as long as you have a good call that one.
Speaker 1: I'm a dinosaur but on fossil fuel because I stay relevant.
Speaker 7: Hall and if you know, and I always try to tell people men on a business side, less, it's more, Less is more, and quality over quantity. And to the younger generation that's listening to this, money comes and goes, but history stays. As long as you make history, you're gonna make money. Rolics don't define us, Benzes don't define us. Money don't define real ones. So just you know, just work hard manhard works will really pay off. And this is proved, This is proven right here. This is hard work right here, through child and tribulation and still going. But respected. That's what the key to everything is. That's the real key to success.
Speaker 1: Respect.
Speaker 3: God damn yet, no, I know I was gonna seze early.
Speaker 1: I know it was gonna steze earlier.
Speaker 3: But Scott Steve, thank y'all for hanging out with the drink camps. Think apartment for b just big them up, my fellow, Queen's Nate as it sounds hazard, it sounds of course, Queen's ship. My nigga that just dropped the colon Colon Jones, DJ and t d Ty and you got your button on like we think you Chicano. We don't think you Chicano at all. I'm just my friend, not talking about Tito. My friend just looked at my left joints on. See my man shirt right there, shout out public flavor.
Speaker 1: I'm looking, But you're my nigga. But you're from Fairfax, right, I knew, I knew you wasn't from at all. He's the one that connected before originally, I know.
Speaker 8: But you got you got the button up like like, don't look at me little puppets in here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So listen, Scott Steve, Yeah, listen.
Speaker 3: The thing about our ship is we want to pick up our people, the people that have been in this industry and continue staying in this industry, and we want them to feel great every time they step in here. You know, we have quote unquote a million listeners. I don't even give a fuck, but we got them every week and they tune in, and we want the big up our legends. Because in our generation, when you have ten years or better, people say it's over for you, they say fuck you, you old fucker.
Speaker 1: Let they say shit like that.
Speaker 3: But in rock and roll, in jazz, they praise these people the more years you have. And I want to change it. So I single handedly didn't want to say, you know what, look at what they do. I wanted to show what we do. So eventually, you know, Drink Camps, we want to have our own version, a Hall of fame. Actions speak loud in words, and that's what you're doing, you know what I'm saying, And this is what we want to do. So Drink Champs, a lot of people ask us why you are interview.
Speaker 1: Such and such and such, And we love the new generation as well.
Speaker 3: We're not thising them in no way, shape, form or fashion, but they got the radio stations. How about the people who've been around forever and nobody patted.
Speaker 1: Them on their back.
Speaker 3: That's what this is about. And it's just like you know, Scott been one of the richest people ever and he still is. But he's the background guy. Where's the guy that.
Speaker 1: Continued to pat Scott on his back? That's who we are to drink Champs, Steve, You've been in the game, you ran with everybody you may and I've never got a pat on your back, honestly, sh.
Speaker 3: That's who we are. We the people to say we appreciate you. That's why the Champs is important. Drinks is one part of it, the Champ.
Speaker 1: Part of it. It's the real importance.
Speaker 3: We respect our legends and we want us to continue to keep doing what we're doing.
Speaker 7: Like it does.
Speaker 3: You gotta do it around the corner from the percolator, keeping the percolator percolator and.
Speaker 1: On the fire and that equals wal though now it's.
Speaker 7: Real ship, you know what it is. We just we just do it behind the scenes, so to speak, being humble, being humble, and that's really what it is is being humble. Never forget where you come from. Never bed just be confident. And we don't need the credit. Man, I really don't like I'm a behind the scenes type of dude. Man, I appreciate that this is what we do at drink Camps. We give our legends. Scott.
Speaker 3: Don't you ever think we don't know how much money you made and you was coming out there. You picked me up in a sixty million dollar boat and we got a sixteen dollars meal. It's just that that was the hardest thing of life.
Speaker 1: Eric, Eric, that ass right. And this is all I'm trying to say, a lot of people listen.
Speaker 3: For the rest of my life, I will always respect the vote for you brothers.
Speaker 6: Thank you man.
Speaker 1: Likewise, the vote for you brothers.
Speaker 7: I will always.
Speaker 1: Drinking. I don't like it the drink Jamps car you said, just hit it from the head now. Now you gotta put some book artier there, but it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: I really appreciate you brothers coming hang in our apartment for it be.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you for letting us, you know what I'm.
Speaker 3: Saying, set up, Scott Starrs, Steve LaBelle, you guys are wonderful people. Thank you for letting us bug out with y'all having fun, because that's what drink Champs says. We bug out high form of our legends, but we never forget to big up our legends. We never forget to make sure our legends walk away and saying, these niggas understand what I did in life, what I did in this industry, and what I did and that's what that's what our whole ship is about. So we want to say thank y'all, thank you, and we still get y'all drunk, and what we're about to do, we still I'm still going to get you drunk, Scott.
Speaker 1: Let's take the flick, all right, Thank you so much. Carry