Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show. Hey, catch the entire show wherever you get podcast, or watch us live and.
Speaker 2: Archived on YouTube.
Speaker 1: And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze TV. Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure to follow us on social media for more from the whole gang at the Rick Burgess Show. Let's Go, America, Come on, Let's go.
Speaker 2: It is a.
Speaker 1: Brand new hour on a brand new day. Chad and Pleasant Hill Our is ready to go. How about Frankfurt, Kentucky is ready?
Speaker 2: You fall us Ready?
Speaker 1: Knoxville, Tennessee, home of those Tennessee.
Speaker 3: Volunteers Ready, Rocky Top's ready.
Speaker 4: Eating Farms is ready.
Speaker 1: Louisville, Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Caneyville, Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Arab Alabama.
Speaker 1: The Parkers from Enterprise are ready. They have food, they have books, and they'll see us in the box seats today.
Speaker 3: Come on, I see you, Pop Tart, I see you out there, Georgia.
Speaker 2: The dogs are ready.
Speaker 1: Fight for Wire is ready.
Speaker 2: Men tone we got it.
Speaker 1: Big Mama Wop Wop says, I'm ready to Thanks for being here today, America, a brand new day, brand new show. Lots to cover and we'll get you ready for the weekend.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: You heard the Parkers coming up from Enterprise, Alabama. That's down in the southern part of Alabama for those of you that aren't familiar.
Speaker 2: They're making their way here.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: And they also have it. Is it Enterprise that has the the statue the bow Evil. Yeah, that's the name.
Speaker 2: I get.
Speaker 1: I get Enterprise and you Fallow confused? You Falla is of course the lake and all that. But it's Enterprise that has the bow waveling. I think exact correct, Yes, I think so, the Great Bow and also home of the great Buck Hanson football legend. Play a little ball with Buck at Troy and uh, Buck knows what it's like to line up against Sydney Foh oh good. We were on the same team though he played guard.
Speaker 3: This.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Rick, I know you were reliving some glory days. Just then. I just forgot how weird the bull Weavil monument is.
Speaker 1: It's very one that holds like an alien. Yes, look looks like an alien.
Speaker 4: There's like a lady holding it up as a.
Speaker 1: Giant bowl weavil on top. That is Enterprise, right, do we get it? Yeah? Okay, do you know the story of the bowl Evil? Why they do you have here?
Speaker 4: We go? It did didn't take out the crops?
Speaker 1: Yeah, which made them go? Did they go to cotton? What was it? It's something it did away with one crop that made them play another and they flourished or something. You're supposed to.
Speaker 4: Ask me.
Speaker 1: Come on, Greg, gracious, it's something like that. Didn't make them go to peanuts? Something that somebody.
Speaker 2: Then why did you Adler google it?
Speaker 1: I am I'm kind of right again, Greg, Yeah, because then that was lazy. I'm a history class and i'm you know, eighth grade. Whenever it was, I can't remember, but that was one of the subjects.
Speaker 4: The bull weavil decimated the South cotton industry, but the city of Enterprise Enterprise found prosperity instead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had to do something different. They're leaning on the.
Speaker 4: One that brought this to the table.
Speaker 1: Table and just looking around like you drawn, they say peanuts. The text nation says they went to peanuts, forced him to go to another crop, and that ended up being their saving grace.
Speaker 2: Everybody saying that peanuts.
Speaker 1: In the end, they said the bow Evil actually did this a fame.
Speaker 2: Thank you Bow evil.
Speaker 1: You get a statue, Yeah, which is strange, but that is it is strange.
Speaker 4: Wow, one mating pair can produce two million offspring.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: The bowl Wevil, Oh, big day for he's a busy little evil. Yes he is so.
Speaker 1: Anyway, they they're going to be in the box seats today. They the bow Evil. No, well from the land of the bow Evil. They said they're bringing yeah that that they are bringing peanuts and they're all they're bringing food and they're bringing books books. Does that? Does it mean they've got a copy of Men Don't Run in the Rain And they're just what I would think, that's what.
Speaker 2: You don't know what books are they bring? Read the book about the boat?
Speaker 1: We random books. They're just bringing books, comic book something. Oh, they've written a book. They want us to have it?
Speaker 4: Nuts, We got it. Peanuts they switched to We said that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the bow Wevil forced them to. By the way, the tubers are already asked, you two right here.
Speaker 2: I'm this what we got to it.
Speaker 1: Eventually the tubers are already asking They're already asking, okay, uh, can you tell Adler please not to cut the show off early today?
Speaker 4: Yes, I will, I'll broadcast the entire show. Imagine that, y'all.
Speaker 1: If you missed it. Aler just decided to cut show off early yesterday, y'all, and was messing around with his van, thinking the show was over.
Speaker 4: I come back in here and there's commercials running, and y'all are getting ready for the next segment because the show wasn't done. No, it wasn't, but one third of all the pest pesticides you used in the United States. At one point, we're directed at the bull evil because that's how bad it was.
Speaker 1: That's some gunow bad.
Speaker 2: By the way, they are bringing copies of men Don't Run the Rain. They make sign that's Greg's got them right now.
Speaker 1: A load of people show up here with books. I would say, a lot, a lot, litten you know what. I was in my office, I would, but considering, hey, how about this. Can I go back to this for just a minute. Something I have noticed, and maybe this may be if you believe in mojo, I probably shouldn't say this that what you're talking about people bringing us books of their own seems to almost be left in the past. You haven't seen a lot of that here in the new era. But boy, we not as much in the thirty one years of ricking bubble.
Speaker 2: We got books.
Speaker 1: Wow, we got some of the man church advance. We'll get a book. We'll get a few. So then published it not very long. Then we promoted you reading them into bathrooms. So people want to started bringing them for that. Yeah, yeah, but it ain't that way now.
Speaker 2: Now we'll stack up right bathroom.
Speaker 4: Now we're trying to get in and out that place.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Always be leary of the person that approaches you with a little book they want you to read, and you look at it and it's really a glorified pamphlet. Yeah. Those are always those are those are always interesting Mark, He wrote, he is perfect example wrestling and religion. Perfect read it to us, very perfect example.
Speaker 2: It's about seven pages right on the three rings.
Speaker 1: I don't know that you can call the book.
Speaker 2: That's like just a thought. Yeah, oh I don't like this.
Speaker 1: Somebody said, I I worked in the UH in the peanut industry and inside the where we stored the peanuts, the biggest rats have ever seen in my life. Yeah, you know, they show up.
Speaker 2: Why do you have to read that right off?
Speaker 1: Right off text nation, Yeah, they'll show up. You know, you got a warehouse full.
Speaker 2: Of the whole area around Bath and Enterprise. Boy, they're known for peanuts. Goodness, produce them.
Speaker 4: Well because the people they had to force their hand what he did? Look, Enterprise has got a lot of bowl Wevil statues, by the way, I didn't know that. Maybe they got Ronald they got Ronald mcbull Wevil.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious. Maybe getting carried away a little bit. What is that their vulcan? I guess so, because here in Birmingham we'll put the vulcan up somewhere.
Speaker 4: We'll put a pantsless man on anything. We'll slap him on a bubber stick or whatever.
Speaker 1: Sure we have a mascot that shows up at ball games, just the vulcan. You forget that speedy seeing and persons? Yeah, maybe don't. We shouldn't embrace someone's wearing no pants. It's really hard to tell what he is if you didn't.
Speaker 4: Know, Right, is that stone man? What is?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is it granite face?
Speaker 1: Speaking of peanuts, did you like the peanuts that I brought back from from Seminole, Texas? Those were good peanuts. I can't remember.
Speaker 4: In the Yeah, they were good.
Speaker 1: It just happened. Yeah, they were the salted versions. I'm not huge on the salted versions, but those were good.
Speaker 2: Salt he's a gift, He's a piece of gift.
Speaker 1: Are good for AsSalt ones because they're not my favorite. They're good, though, Thank you. I like the salt ones. Thank you. I like the other ones a little better criticized Again, thank you, Greg that I liked. That really helps all the men that I got to start listening to show that they didn't know about it all right.
Speaker 2: They think of Rick, what it took you to actually get back here with them.
Speaker 1: I ate the entire bag.
Speaker 2: Bold statement. I didn't get one, not once on you.
Speaker 1: No, not really bold statement from text Nation. See if you believe it's Greg over, seventy five percent of the nation's peanuts are produced within one hundred mile radius of Dothan, Alabama. Wow, seventy five percent.
Speaker 2: It's a fact. Wow about fifty eight percent?
Speaker 8: Why would you think that this is the Rick Burgess show.
Speaker 2: We just talked.
Speaker 1: We just talked about demons, angels and going to war, and text Nation said, don't skip over the fact that it's vanilla milkshake day.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've seen this a couple of times from there, and we have that on here that it is that and where we stand on milkshakes. I mean, so it's not milkshake day. It's vanilla milkshake.
Speaker 2: That's what they're saying, Gregor why would you have that?
Speaker 1: And I just don't we have milk.
Speaker 2: I think we had milkshake Day not too long ago. Vanilla milkshake. Let's get its own day.
Speaker 1: I will say this. I don't go vanilla much, but I like vanilla milkshakes now. I'd rather have a chocolate malt.
Speaker 4: Okay, today is National vanilla Milkshake Day right June twentieth. National Chocolate Milkshake Day is September twelfth.
Speaker 1: How weird they should all have one day.
Speaker 4: It should be one day. Notice the veterans get one day and milkshakes get two.
Speaker 1: Okay, where I don't go there a lot, but when I do, I love the milkshake. Well, milkshake also the first day of summer too, is it really? Milkshakes were a big part of three h five Rich Life. Love milkshake. They're good when it.
Speaker 2: Comes down to the little sweet dessert. Love the milk.
Speaker 1: I can't remember the last time I had a milkshake, but I love them. I have one lately, but I'm going to y'all.
Speaker 2: Who y'all think has the best milkshake? Is it funny? That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 4: To Jamocha Shaked Arby's is real good, Jamocha Shaked Arby's.
Speaker 2: Jackson, what how about what jack I gotta go? Jackson like milkshakes again?
Speaker 1: Jackson's hand dipped? They dipped?
Speaker 2: What I'm acted out? What about making the Chick fil like?
Speaker 1: Didn't they start doing milkshakes?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Everything good, They're good.
Speaker 1: What about dairy Queen, these kind of places you're slaving?
Speaker 2: Slaving that the culverts too, that.
Speaker 1: I've never I thought they have a custard. I thought they're a custard.
Speaker 2: Me think it was Freddy's.
Speaker 1: I know about that.
Speaker 2: You and Freddy. Every conversation that doesn't have to go about you marry Freddy's.
Speaker 1: You and Freddy go, get gracious, you'dy?
Speaker 2: What about Freddy? They got some cussins?
Speaker 4: Uh, the blizzard can't forget about it, Just the same thing.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to talking about milkshakes.
Speaker 1: I will say this, Dairy Queen's tough debate. I know where you were going. I just went off and left Derrey Queen, them and Son. I will tell you this problem the milkshake that I like, probably enjoyed the most, was your standard. And I know we're talking about villa. Vanilla will get there. When I would take my kids, of course, it was about them, not me. When I would take my kids to Johnny Rockets and they would bring you the glass and then they were more in that ten, that metal ten they made it in and they would sit it next to the glass for you to come in with the little do yeah, and sometimes I pop it out of the ten. Yeah, that's a good milkshake.
Speaker 4: That's great, a pretty good one.
Speaker 2: Do y'all go?
Speaker 1: Do y'all keep it simple vanilla chocolate or do you ever go because there's a lot of weird milk, peanut butter too.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, it's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Strawberry no okay, Banana no okay, anything like that and you'll.
Speaker 2: Get I tend. I tend to like if anything Oreo like Oreo, I'm okay with that.
Speaker 1: I'd rather it's not my favorite.
Speaker 4: But nobody does a good strawberry. I guess having to do a strawberry milkshake, making a good fresh one is really hard because nobody, to me, in the fast food world does a strawberry milkshake. Right, but then you go to like a place where that uses the tins and there's like an old lady mixing it there. Yes, I'll go strawberry if I see an old lady and I see tins and it's more as old lady that it's not a fast food.
Speaker 2: I don't mind.
Speaker 1: I don't mind a butterscotch one, but but that's rare, a huge that's what that's when you go to place, it's got all kinds.
Speaker 4: Of what yeh, I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: But I would rather keep it chocolate. That's a good one.
Speaker 4: I'm Peter butter and chocolate.
Speaker 2: Yes, do you like it real thick? You gotta fight it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Not too thick though.
Speaker 1: If you said birds, forget about calories, forget about your health. Just have fun today. Do whatever you want. I'm going with the chocolate malt. That's a good thing. Like, that's my favorite.
Speaker 2: I like them all.
Speaker 4: Maybe some some Reese's peanut butter cups.
Speaker 2: Really be hungry.
Speaker 1: I don't like that. You can make it too weird for me. It's a blizzard like I don't like these places have milkshakes that they're so weird. You can't even figure out how to begin to consume it. There's stuff just hanging all off.
Speaker 4: Some ice cream cone into it, a piece of.
Speaker 2: Cake on top of it. There's a birthday had.
Speaker 1: On it for some reason. Wouldy'll rather have a milkshake or like just a bowl of ice cream milkshake? Yeah, but but I always go with a bowl of ice cream. I never did bowl of ice cream. If you say, Greg, here's to pick one, I'm going shake.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can walk with it. You know you can hold it and walk with it.
Speaker 1: Somebody said peach milkshake.
Speaker 4: Peach milkshakes fantastic.
Speaker 2: If somebody does it, well, if.
Speaker 4: You do like big old fat arms, she's gonna have big old fat He's going to be a great peach milkshake.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't hate peach milk. I'm just I'm more just the ice cream flavor. I don't really like the fruit milkshake strawberry. I don't like strawberry.
Speaker 2: I scrap.
Speaker 1: You're gonna pick a vanella shake or chocolate shake, chocolate.
Speaker 4: Chocolate chocolate.
Speaker 2: As a kid, it was vanilla, but same here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I missed out a lot of my life on chocolate. You really did make funny I did, and I was immersed in it from the time I was born.
Speaker 8: Y is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: We we talk about a lot of important stuff here. So had the opportunity you know, you have that you know we all have, like we talked about I think it was even yesterday where you know, guys, we we have different levels of friends. You know, you have your people that you just interact with in the hall. Uh, then you have acquaintances, and then you kind of have that circle of guys that you would consider to be close friends. And but there's still things in guy world that's different than you're interacting, say with couples, you know how women interact. And I kind of got stuck on a dilemma yesterday and it seemed to be something socially awkward between me and a close friend. And of course we speak of Wingo wing Goo and I. We don't get to spend as much time together as we'd like, but when we do, it's always beneficial. He's he's a great friend. And so we had the opportunity of him. We had the opportunity to yesterday have lunch together, get caught up. But we have the thing. We had the thing where you meet somewhere and you get into one of each other's trucks. First of all, there's always the awkwardness on who's gonna drive. Let's take my truck, now, let's take my truck. So what I did because we were going to have lunch and go to the farm where we did have a fishing lesson yesterday with Sherry, which I'll tell you about. And and he was just gonna go with me because we were gonna go down there and do some other stuff at camp house and things like that. Glad I did because I found a dead birden campouse. But anyway, so, uh, this keeps happening. We got to find they're coming.
Speaker 2: To the bird.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Uh, we'll talk about it. But anyway, so hey, hey, but uh, it's real wet, a lot of rain, so much.
Speaker 2: Sherry's gonna be down there. She's there.
Speaker 1: Here we go. So when we finish up the day, okay, so we're coming back to the take friend mail friend back to their vehicle. Okay, right, you with me? You did there?
Speaker 2: You do the little wrap up? Hey, man, enjoyed it?
Speaker 1: Hey, you do that? Hey, let's do it again? Okay man, sounds good. And then here was the question, and and when you kept looking at me and I kept look at him, he kept looking at me because I wouldn't drive it off. And he said, what are you doing? I said, well, is it gonna make sure you truck cranks? He goes, what you're on the date? He goes, he goes, that's gay and and and I and I And I was like, is that?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: And and and.
Speaker 2: So I would maybe it's courteous. Maybe I know you do that a lot with your wife. Yeah, yeah, do you do that with you? That with another grown it is? Do you do that?
Speaker 1: Do you do that?
Speaker 2: Do you do that with another grown man? And I drove off. I wasn't standing.
Speaker 4: No, I mean at that point you got to leave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tis right, you're being considered a vague. Let me make sure your car starts.
Speaker 1: You know, he's a little older. Just call you and man, you come and swing back around. You should see his face.
Speaker 2: He was like, what are you doing? If I did this to Hobby, spend the whole show on?
Speaker 1: I know, definitely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never been one of Hoby's cars or him him in mind.
Speaker 4: Really, that's surprising, that is very surprising.
Speaker 1: That's a lie, I tell you, one thing. If it was if it's Hoby's car or speedy car, it's gonna be Hoby's. We ain't gonna burn no gas whatever. Okay, so already first texture. Yeah, I think again, you just gonna make sure. Wrong, man, that's what you're saying. I guess it's just habitual. I guess I'm nice and you shipped me nice to your male friends. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I don't even look at him.
Speaker 1: Once he gets out and drive off.
Speaker 2: He literally stopped like what are you doing?
Speaker 1: He just looked at me. He goes like, weren't you driving away? And I was like, oh, I'm just gonna make sure you know your truck cranks and everything's fine. He goes, that's gay, and I was like, I was like, oh, okay, so I drove off. Then I almost, like you said, I almost spun out. Yeah, I felt I felt like I had to drive real mascular you know. But wow, that's weird.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, does he have like an old truck?
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's he just got a new one and I used to have it over.
Speaker 4: Now you're being that that that shows you were being overprotected?
Speaker 2: Well, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 4: You're being overprotected?
Speaker 1: You to tap people on the shoulder in the bathroom, down your collars.
Speaker 2: Is your job to care as you get older? What's wrong?
Speaker 1: I guess I've become more caring and it's costing me. I learned that when I didn't care about these things at all. I know, but apparently socially I was more appropriate. So he has a newer truck, so the most grown man.
Speaker 2: And you're like, I actually want to make sure it starts. Why not?
Speaker 4: Was his cell phone dead? Like I call you? I of course, right, Okay, So you just cared about them too much. You just you just wanted to see them what, you just wanted to watch them go.
Speaker 1: I would rather I would put it more in the category of its individual, because I'm used to like, if Sary and I meet somewhere and we go somewhere, so I think he's not Shary's He made that perfect clear.
Speaker 4: You put him in the same mind category in.
Speaker 2: Your mind not saying that, I'm just saying it's it's a habit.
Speaker 1: Do you drive off from from your kids too, if they're if they're sons, you leave them. Do you say to your.
Speaker 2: You're trying to compare things that that is not what happened.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to show where the habit came from. That I was so right. Do I do this with my kids even though they're grown now and then they're they're all but one male? Right, somebody do I drive off from them? So good luck out there? Over works out.
Speaker 4: Somebody texted load oh, low T, I'm sorry low T.
Speaker 2: That maybe you know as we get older loatd.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's wow.
Speaker 4: All are friends. That's fine. You your your friends that like the carriage. Oh no, for each other.
Speaker 1: I was set straight. You know your friend's shushu straight. Yeah, I won't do it again. If he gets stranded, he can just call me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See, now you got him on dirt. Be different, old Gilope that he's had trouble.
Speaker 1: With now he's been telling you back to habits again. He just now got this new He used to drive a pretty old one, pretty old truck. Didn't have a history of giving him trouble. No, no, I didn't.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, that hurts.
Speaker 2: So you had the window rolled down and everything looking at him. Well it's just say you say, did you have the window down to pastor side? Yes?
Speaker 1: Pastor side? Yeah, So now you want to talk he looked, be gracious, you know, and.
Speaker 2: Spit out the window, roll something something. Don't you get different?
Speaker 4: You need to get a Hey, I almost.
Speaker 2: Got so bad.
Speaker 1: I almost got it. So you think you can whip me? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Check his tire pressure too?
Speaker 1: That hold on?
Speaker 2: Was your tires sad?
Speaker 4: How's your gas?
Speaker 2: Nobody said that.
Speaker 4: I thought it was bad when I held the door for a guy coming in the building right here. I was holding the door for but he was too far away.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you never know.
Speaker 4: He actually flagged me off. He goes, I'm good, buddy.
Speaker 1: He's so far away he flagged me off.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 4: He's trying to run to you. I'm good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you catch yourself when doing that. I got to get there holding studid.
Speaker 1: But you don't want to close on them as they're getting there. But yet if they're too far away, you're like, now I'm mad, they're heart This guy's respond I got good by the way. I love texting nation Rick. Please tell me you turned it free burd and spun out something.
Speaker 2: If I got leave here.
Speaker 1: You know, I probably should ask him. Was last time he checked his old Yeah? I said you had you ask him? If you forget you got your wallet and keys with you and your phone. I don't think we won't leave something left.
Speaker 4: Our looks a little low buckle your seat belt. Yes, I love you.
Speaker 1: He almost left his keys. I took care of that too. You gonna need them keys?
Speaker 2: I think you just made that up.
Speaker 1: No, No, he did, he did. He was just he had had one leg, and I said, you probably gonna need them keys and give him a chance. You know, he's a little older. It's not like I was doing until young ago. Mm hmm, well so so so I'm not checking on anybody anymore. I'm out. That's it fine now, just dudes.
Speaker 4: Don't check on including sons. Sons, No drive all them, but not too often, Okay, and don't let them know you're checking on him.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it has to be more like you're you're raising on him.
Speaker 1: So I shouldn't have said he if you had enough gas, because he had to get all the way back to Uscalus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your son. He is a grown man.
Speaker 4: In the NFL.
Speaker 1: Right, He's fine?
Speaker 8: Is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: A couple of updates we have here on Trump, some say so. A couple of Trump updates. Today, Trump scores a major win against Gavin Newsom. Uh, this is about who controls the National Guard with all of the riots, uh and the anarchy that has been happening in Los Angeles. The the court unanimous, the Ninth Court of Appeals, which is not always friendly to conservatives, but they voted unanimous that the president actually has control of the National Guard troops no matter where they're deployed. And we have not had a president that has a deployed the National Guard without the permission of the state's governor since nineteen sixty five. But the Ninth Court of Appeals, the Circuit Court of Appeals, said the president does have that power. So Trump hasn't decided exactly what he's going to do, but now we know he does have the power to do it, even if Gavin Newsom says no. So that's a big decision today. What's going to happen with our involvement with a run? Trump says he'll let us know within two weeks. He wants to give a chance for negotiation. So the Press secretary, Caroline is it Levitt says everything. Yeah, Caroline Levitt, she said, I want to be perfectly clear, this is directly from the President, and I quote based on the fact that there's a substantial chance of negotiations that may or may not take place with a run in the near future. I will make my decision whether or not to go within whether whether or not to go within the next two weeks, meaning will we get involved and provide the bombers and the bombs for Israel to be dropped on Iran. Remember, remember that he's been very clear. She went on to quote, remember when Iran had the sixty days that he gave them and they did not respond. So on day sixty one, Israel took action. So he says, when the president gives these kind of windows for negotiation, they don't go on forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and a lot of the military talking heads have said that too. This two weeks gives him time to make sure we have everything in order. So if we decide, hey, we're doing it, we're prepared. We got everything in place.
Speaker 1: So that's kind of the update there. Also, the White House Secretary went on to push back against Representative Jasmine Crockett Crap from Texas. She accused President Donald Trump supporters of being sick and mentally ill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she said, we got a mental illness problem in the US and she was referring to anybody that would support Trump.
Speaker 1: Yes, So the Press secretary said, this was incredibly derogatory to accuse nearly eighty million Americans of mental illness. She said, the last time I checked, Jasmine Crockett couldn't dream of winning such a majority of the public like President Trump did. And I would agree with that. So, yeah, that was a she's a I've watched Jasmine and God love her. If I came in and I sat down and someone said, Rick, we understand you have some expertise to determine who's mentally ill, eighty million Americans or this idiot. Yeah, and I probably would rule it. I'll probably go against Jasmine. Yeah, Jasmin would not get many of those. We also, we also didn't get a chance to talk about this yeh esterday We mentioned it off the air, but it was a news story yesterday that the Los Angeles Lakers. Yeah about that, I'm going to sell for ten ten billion dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were doing some numbers, Greg and the other day the Bus family went, I think they bought in. It was sixty and I might be wrong if my memory sixty seven, sixty seven, sixty eight million. Maybe like that, and they're selling their steak for and there's some other things that are with it, like in the ownership of the Forum. Yeah, yeah, the Forum, and I want to say, and then one other I forget anyways, but ten billion, that's ten billion billion. That's quite the turnover there, Turner und now he had he's passed, so I believe his daughter has been in charge of everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: So people have been talking about the investment that he made and if he had actually put it just in the S and P five hundred, it actually would have been worth thirteen billion over that time period. But then sports guys are saying, you know, ten rings or seven rings or whatever, I forget how many that they got in that time period and getting to be part of all that, and so it's like it was worth it that kind of thing. But as far as actually beating the S and P, that that investment did not beat this right, which tells you time in the market. It's all about investing, is time in the market.
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask you this from a house question to see where you're going with that. So are you saying if I bought the Lakers and say the Lakers are a home Okay, or some property, and I bought it for ten billion? Do I have any equity? Are you saying it could be worth thirteen billion the based on performance in the past.
Speaker 4: If they had put that I think sixty eight million or whatever. If they had just instead of buying the Lakers at the time, if they bought the Lakers instead, if they have just put that in the S and P. Five hundred, it would have been worth thirteen billion instead of the ten billion that they're selling.
Speaker 1: The understand. Okay, you're just saying there the original investment, But but then you don't have you can get all that, you don't get all the championship, don't get all the Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's a lot more fun owning an owning an NBA team than it is just having your money sit in the market.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Text Nation, you got to take stupid ten billion, right.
Speaker 2: Magic Johnson said that when when he saw what the Celtics sold for, he knew that this was going to be big, even bigger, you know, And the Celtics sold for what six billion or six.
Speaker 1: Billion, and so so there you go.
Speaker 4: It was in nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 1: Of course, Now can you take that ten billion and be profitable? Going forward.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I think so yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe I guess so if not, you have millions, you have money to burn. Schador Sanders, Hey, hey, hey, Shudor NFL rookie did not appear in court after his speeding ticket. It didn't come tickets tickets too, Uh not only fast on the field, off he was He was pulled over going one hundred and one miles per hour and a sixty mile hour zone. Uh so there we go. Uh and he had a court appearance if he had not paid it, I guess, or have that works there in Ohio. Uh and he did not show up. So said he was pulled over on June the six, according to the court records, and apparently going that fast. He was supposed to come to court but did not show. So she do were off to a quick start doing on the field. Off the field not so good? Well so good, there we go, sure do Uh so we'll see we'll come back the number to be part of the program, eight eight eight, the number six big box. When we come back, Well hit a couple of hay birds, Chy Burge emails some some good discussion there, So we'll look at that when the show continues.
Speaker 2: Right after this.
Speaker 1: No surprise the audience anticipating and concerned about Speedy going over to Douglas, Georgia next week for Larry quest and spending the night with Larry the Patchman and his wife Carolyn. This is from Caleb Hayburge. This is for Speedy. Worst case scenario. What if Speedy becomes a p o L prisoner of Larry ends up living out his days having to pretend to be a husky and pulling Larry around on a sled. That's funny and is fed Simon when he's a good boy.
Speaker 2: Well, he's a good boy pulling and you're don't forget that he loves some huskies though.
Speaker 1: Him so, but he can Speedy can look at the good side. He'll never have to pay for a mill again. Okay, it's true. Please, I'm begging you be sure Speedy has a safe work.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I think we said it was what do we say?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: It was?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: What was it? Come on, I can't remember.
Speaker 4: Spend a few times the tin man is in the attic, you know, something like that against the door.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Speedy has to be a husky pool around on.
Speaker 4: Husky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it was something from a movie. What was remember what it was?
Speaker 4: Even said, yeah, I remember talking about we're going to need a bigger boat something you needed. We need to make a new one because we forgot the old one.
Speaker 2: No, but then we're gonna forget this one. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Remember what do we say Friday?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: What what's my name? Greg?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Because in the Book of Eli, there's those people that eat people.
Speaker 2: That's correct, Larry and them not gonna eat me.
Speaker 1: And and it's doublin Georgia, not Douglas.
Speaker 2: I said, Douglas Doubline.
Speaker 1: Bring Calvin to Dublin. He's got a bit of Irish in and we can tell it.
Speaker 2: Okay, when he had some hair was red.
Speaker 1: It was red.
Speaker 4: It was red.
Speaker 1: So it's gonna be all right, I think. Look in my community, there's the sweetest little family, little couple, it always appears, so was the couple in the Book of Eli. Hey bird, but.
Speaker 4: Their hands were shaking in that hands were shaking.
Speaker 2: But you know, me, I'm eating human. It's it's the sometimes I'm okay with just conversation. It's the wrap up and then the hello that gets me. There's gonna be a lot of conversation because you're gonna be there Manute, it's the wrap up. I'm going to bed, and then I hear you know, people walking around. Then it's the wake up. When do I open the door?
Speaker 1: All right, Speedy shuts the.
Speaker 2: Door, guys, good night Speedy.
Speaker 1: And all of a sudden, Speedy pulls the door too from the inside, and just as he's easing over to the bed, here, oh what happened? And you go back to the door and he's locked from the outside.
Speaker 2: Good night, Speedy. Let you out in the morning. You got me. I'm saying, I'm gonna let you out in the morning.
Speaker 4: It's for their safety. Annually.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's another thing. We're not thinking about their view. They got some stranger comes stay in their house. They may be nervous.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Do you still sleep walk, Speedy? Are you still having night terrors? Or you still having night y'all stop doing in your sleep.
Speaker 2: I get the corners.
Speaker 1: It's fun because y'all aren't going I'm still in beds.
Speaker 2: Somebody said it good one. What if the room they're giving me, they're giving up their their their room for me.
Speaker 4: My grandma does that when we say in her house, you don't want to really in Grandma's bed. Yes, she prefers it that way.
Speaker 1: No, I know, I don't want to know. I want to go to bed that nobody sleeps in this guest As soon as I guess leaves, they change the sheets, and I don't want anything. I don't want any bedroom or something could have been going on in there, Rick, No, I don't want to be in there. Right, you're crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't want to like laying in the bed and feel the former your grandma's body.
Speaker 1: Mattress has got shoulders right there, hey, especially if your granddaddy's still alive.
Speaker 2: Right, Rick, Hey, I don't want to be in there.
Speaker 1: I'm just telling.
Speaker 2: You the world is wrong. Yep. Should I offer to bring my own sleeping bag and just sleep on top of the covers?
Speaker 1: Peedie, I've got something caught Larry's pout. You bring my paillout just tabing Larry's pellout?
Speaker 4: Hey, straight up. A lot of times as these as as as couples age, they will sometimes sleep in separate beds because just because of the implications. Wait a minute, so I think you're probably sleeping in Carolyn's what Carolyn's bed? It could be Carolyn's bed.
Speaker 1: No, let me get hold get this right, y'all got them kidnapping me? Yes, and and not let me out sleeping in separate, don't leave, don't leave out living as a husky and pulling there on your sleeves, or.
Speaker 2: I mean, what if everything gets caught you here?
Speaker 1: What if you go crazy?
Speaker 2: Hey, buddy, you know that's what I'm concerned with, one on one night. Believe what if? But hey, look what if?
Speaker 1: What if you? What if you heard Carolyn singing the patches? I'm depending on your lair? He stop?
Speaker 2: All right, everybody stopped.
Speaker 1: I love the morning and discomfort when he did, no one to come out.
Speaker 2: He's gonna listen walking you, Well, what do you wait for the smell of food? Well, you gotta go.
Speaker 4: You you need to a range of time. I think that you open.
Speaker 2: The door and like he's smoking. There's two cats on the tape. Come on, you want to be Black and Mile, Larry. We're having fun.
Speaker 1: Larry's well, Larry smoke a black and Mile with you in the house. Probably yeah, he'll shotgun you.
Speaker 4: No, it'll be fine, it'll be great. You'll feel odd at times, You'll you'll have to sit and just listen speak. He's gonna just have to sit and listen, trying to figure out what's going on in the house. If he's allowed to exit his door, his room, right, that'll happen, Speedy, just sitting and listening. Just see if you have a green light.
Speaker 2: Other lamb's still screaming, speeding scares me there, m gracious alive.
Speaker 1: Be fine, It's gonna be fine.
Speaker 2: Kind of want to offend him.
Speaker 1: Were just having fun, spend holidays with him for you know, what if you what if you got there in the in the voice he's doing fake, He's like, hello, Speedy, welcome, well glad.
Speaker 8: He is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: Things you need to Know.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: So coming up this weekend, episode five Strange Encounters. Uh it is our new podcast, look for it wherever you get podcasts. Speaking of all the things we just discussed, this is real. Uh. This is the study of the supernatural of angels and demons. Tom carr our guest, he's been investigating this stuff for a long long time, nearly forty years. We we talked to him about some of the straight up encounters that he had. Like say, Tom and I did not agree on everything, but nothing. I mean, we had a good conversation and it was very informative, and I think you will enjoy it, well enjoy maybe the I think you'll be interested. It's it's this is you know, when you think about people that are really enjoying this, this podcast that the word enjoy, you know, you think, well, am I enjoying it? Or am I just intrigued by it?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: It's it's provocative and here's what we wanted to be. Wanted to be informative, we wanted to be help. Yeah, so so grab that this weekend. Also another episode of Rick and Bubba's Greatest Hits in Radio Goal to be out this weekend. We're now like twenty three episodes, I think as of this weekend. So go back and enjoy that. Do you ever when people go back and enjoy those?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 1: Do you ever get like sometimes an email and people are talking about something, You're like, well, that didn't happen. Then you realize it was them listening to something that well.
Speaker 2: Then you podcast people that are just podcast people.
Speaker 1: On the daily archive of this show, I mean, y'all track behind you know, a month and you're asked us questions about things that were in the past. I will tell I'm going to tell you this, and I'm not. I mean, I know that we've all gotten older, but it's beyond that. I think it's just there's only so much your mind can do. We head we we crank out so much content. It go by, It goes in and out so fast, unless it's monumental. I mean, a lot of times will get I'm not speaking for y'all, but I think I already know it's probably the same. I mean, if it gets three o'clock the afternoon and my own wife says, well, tell me how was the show today, I'm like, I know it, it felt like it. What did y'all do? I don't, I don't really know. She'll ask me about a particular thing, and I'm like, from that same way, that same way, from that day a lot, do a lot and says, how do you not remember that?
Speaker 4: Aaron asked me yesterday? So how was how was the show yesterday? How was work yesterday? And I was like I had to think for a second, and then I remembered, well, you know how we have a long walk to the bathroom. Well, I brought the scooter into the shop.
Speaker 9: Forgotten that, and then we called it the pooper scooter because it gets us to the bathroom and back really fast, right, and then she just looked at me like she had so many just regrets in life, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we moved on to another living for our family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, and that and you just hit it, both of you.
Speaker 1: That's those moments when you try to make a case to your family you actually have a real job, and something like that is always a setback. Yep, that's kind of her. They're like, that's not a real job. That's a bunch of guys hanging out. That's a bunch of guys hanging out. You're riding scooters. I remember my wife was fun. My wife said that sometimes. She said, you your work is camp house. Yeah, you're just going to hanging out with the guys every day, and y'all goofall when somebody has to cut a mic on that's that's a good point, so true. I mean, making up is hard, it is, and you know what, there's lot there's clients that depend on us. We do have things we have to do. I mean, you have to create revenue with this. That's there's a lot of pressure with that. And we're not done at ten, like everybody thinks.
Speaker 4: Everybody thinks got here at ten oh one.
Speaker 2: This is a fun time.
Speaker 1: And like I've said, I love when that person at the grocery store thinks that the first person ever say.
Speaker 4: That must be nice get off with ten.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, but I got there he left at twelve.
Speaker 2: Yeah there, wish I had a job on a five out you know what. I'm just well, they're ugly.
Speaker 1: Come ride with this one. Yeah, they are most of the time. I'll say, people that are attractive don't say things like that. They do not as not as am speaking in generality, I mean, not painfully, but somewhat well. Right, you know when we did the picture, right, I'm off about that guy right, just a little lower than the other one. You know, them forests got him when he was born? Have you no? No, no, did you.
Speaker 2: Was born.
Speaker 5: One?
Speaker 1: Hear be a little lower than everybody knows. Yeah, wait, but you just sound.
Speaker 2: But the h no.
Speaker 1: But if you because we've all been in this conversation before, because you got to watch for it like I handle this. Oh no.
Speaker 2: The world that's not good.
Speaker 1: The world, the world that we live in, Okay, the world that we live in is a blessing something. The sentence is a blessing, and it's happening here in a little while. We we are blessed to interact with a lot of people. Now, you take this and then you take it into the you know, which is great. The ministry side of it then takes me into and us into all kinds of situations where you're meeting other people and speaking and talking, and then it's and then and then if you're really involved in your church, it'll even take you into interacting with more people, even counseling people, talking people through things. And I even had a situation a little bit yesterday is I always go into problem solving mode, either people who saying, hey, I'd like some advice, or hey there's some sort of misunderstanding, and you try to get in there with all these interactions and you're talking to people, and you you there's always the first assumption that the person you're talking to is completely with us, everything's perfectly fine, normal, and you think, well, the good that means this is going to be kind of easy to maneuver through. And then there's always maybe a side comment, like you said, Greg, maybe a look on the face, maybe something in the eyes. You go as far as you say something in the where the ears are placed. Well, no, I'm just where you realize if your ear have this go off that and I have it, it's just a little bit of an alarm that goes off, Oh a little off. So really, everything that I thought would be effective isn't going to be because I didn't take into account could be a little off. And then when you ret the flag you're holding up, it's almost like an Indian feather because you know those are my people, and it's like it's a feather of concern and it pops up says oh.
Speaker 2: Like the wind blows the feather, and it's like.
Speaker 1: The feather gets oh, this person's a little off. And then you realize, well, now, if this person's a little off, then everything I may be trying may not be working. I got to adjust. I got to adjust now to the way I handle people who are a little bit off. And it is a different approach. At times, it can be free because you realize that everything that you think you're gonna have to go through isn't going to work anyway, so you just kind of then you kind of get into the I'm a little bit off conversation, which at that point you just jump on for the ride.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is a little bit freek because you're like, okay, because I'm usually worried about being the weird one in the conversation and time. Yeah, and I should worry about that, but it is kind of friend like, you know what, this is kind of nice. I can relax. I'm not going to be the weird one in the conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: And then the one that's really good there's a confident to himself or not. I remember what one of your favorites, Greg, if you remember this one, I was. I had engaged someone that was liked what we did very thank you very much, and brought up some you know, a little bit of a situation they had, and I said, well, yeah, well here's what I would suggest. And as I as I started going down that road and I was ready to give a lot of energy, he then said, hey, you like peanut butter sandwhich is do you remember this one?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: Vaguely? And I said, well sure, right in the middle of it, and he said, you know, I invented that, invented it, And I went, I think so that's probably true. You know, there comes that feather yeah, and feather feathers up. He just told me invented the peanut butter sandwich, and we know that's not true.
Speaker 2: And when it was George Whiston.
Speaker 1: Usually when they say something like that that that sounds off, that's when you look for the eyes, you know, because the eyes, the eyes can't they can't let don't lie, they can't stay where they are. Like, watch me right here. Talk to me like you're trying to help me, and I'll show what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Tell me.
Speaker 1: I almost say, yeah, you know, I'm trying to find a job, and you know, I don't know if you know I should you know, what's the best approach with that? Now? Just try to give me some about well, I mean, you know, you can keep working out peanut butter sandwiches just like that, that quick sandwiches and then yeah, I love peanut butter sandwiches. I invented that. You see my eyes.
Speaker 2: Eyes slightly crossed? Yeah, they just they move and they come back to no, yeah are there flair are yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah yeah yeah. And that's when you know, Okay, I probably don't want to go down this whole die tribe about job searching.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because wasting time?
Speaker 1: Yah. Soon if he invented to Pennenburg's sand, which he should be doing. Okay, you know you can always say I don't think this person is going to take what I'm saying and apply it. Yeah no, yeah, right, yeah, it's it's and then Adler gave a whole new view. It frees you from thinking you're the most awkward person in the conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's nice, A good break that.
Speaker 1: I gotta look at Larry's eyes now only when you talk about Harley's.
Speaker 8: Oh, this is the Rick Burgess show.
Speaker 1: A couple of things to look at high speed. He you gonna do on this? You remember when this new pope went in one of the things that Beedy knows all about the boat that the statement kept being made that he'll know something about suffering because he's a White Sox fan. So Adler has a video here of the Pope participating in white Sox Chance.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's the weirdest thing. He's at the Vatican, he's going through the he's on the popemobile in the Vatican courtyard there and the crowd's going nuts and you can see him mouth along to a white Sox Chance. The Pope what.
Speaker 2: Fucked white sucks? What sucks.
Speaker 3: Why sucks?
Speaker 2: What sucks?
Speaker 4: What suck? What he did? Should the pope in the back of the popemobile, he'd be saying white, sox white.
Speaker 1: So that's not normal, No, Bubba Wallace, all right, so what a time we live in?
Speaker 2: That is? That's that? That kind of really makes him makes him look kind of somewhat just kind of like that human. He is human.
Speaker 4: I don't know how to break you know, he's he's an angel on the earl and we should worship him.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 4: Line up to kiss his hand for good luck, like it's some kind of wishing well or something.
Speaker 2: Rick burgershow dot got I didn't say that. Speedy didn't say that or not.
Speaker 1: Greg didn't. I stand on the fact that he's human, but I didn't go. I didn't go as far as I don't have been copied me.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: Uh, we've we've gone to Game seven. Speedy, I know you wanted Greg and I to be all over this today Pacers beat the thunder last night. Greg, I'm sure you glued. You were glued to every shot I was. I didn't see it either. I was actually trying to figure a blowout and apparently TJ McConnell plays for the Pacers on the President and no matter how big you are in your field, apparently your dad can still embarrass you. So he his dad takes over this postgame interview.
Speaker 4: Yes, and it is hilarious. His dad is called up to the broadcast desk. His dad hugs every single person on his way to the broadcast desk. Evidently he's a big coach as well.
Speaker 2: You need between you and your dad to yell at him for not being taller and not marrying somebody. I know he's standing right there, his dad.
Speaker 4: His dad's about him. They're calling the dad up.
Speaker 2: Five and I've lived this. He's a character.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's shaking everybody's hands.
Speaker 2: Tell you right now, he's a warrior. You're right, you are. That's right. That's your fault, the heart of a champion, Yes, that's your fault.
Speaker 10: Thinking of his performance tonight, excellent, just disappointing. Missed two foul shots in the beginning. I kept saying, man, I wish you'd have made those two foul shots. But he recovered and we won the game, So I can forget about the foul shots and you can happen in game seven. We're going to k C to try to win a world championship and my son's a part of it, and I can't believe that.
Speaker 1: So I got one question for you, what why are you harder on him and softer.
Speaker 2: On your daughter?
Speaker 4: He says that it's true. It's true.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 10: Was undefeated state championship. He lost in the state championship. We lost two games, so undefeated. He didn't play as well in the state championship. He played great, but we didn't win it.
Speaker 2: That's what my daughter wanted.
Speaker 4: It's it's a pacer NBA National Basketball Association.
Speaker 1: I think a great job on the fly.
Speaker 2: J McConnell's don't worry about that. Don't worry person. The dad's a character.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I worry about you. Remind me you remember the mayor of Toronto Ford, Yes, reminded. Yeah, he is great. I think Netflix has got a special documentary about him.
Speaker 4: Okay, how about even as an NBA player in the NBA Finals and your dad's embarrassed you you can never escape it.
Speaker 2: No, I like that.
Speaker 1: He goes unbelievable, missed foul shots early made those, Thanks dad, they didn't cast just the game.
Speaker 4: My my grandpa was a pe coach, my mom's dad and free. If you missed free throws, they're free. We're going to hear about that for a while. If you miss free, free to you. You're getting free shots.
Speaker 2: Speedy or any of us?
Speaker 1: Are we a little squeamish to watch Tampa Bay Race Piccher Hunter Big carted off the field.
Speaker 2: This is bad. One hundred and five mile per hour foul ball. I hate to see this.
Speaker 4: This is after it happened.
Speaker 2: Where was he was he in the bill?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: He was on the bullpen.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is Greg. I knew Greg was going to question how fast this ball was going.
Speaker 2: I knew it.
Speaker 1: Can you can you just talk a minute about the fact that this wanted didn't off the bat to have a gun on it?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, that's what I yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The technology now you see exit velocity and all that coming off the bat.
Speaker 4: Here here is I'm just telling you.
Speaker 2: You asked the questions. Yes, they can tell how hard you're gonna Greg has carted off.
Speaker 1: You don't know why?
Speaker 2: Then you don't know. If you don't know, you don't many.
Speaker 1: Years without that, Well that's okay for technology to advance mess the game up, does it?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: You know it doesn't great. Okay, here it is, and you're going to see all one hundred and five watch it.
Speaker 2: Here it is.
Speaker 1: I don't want to watch it.
Speaker 4: And off the bato man.
Speaker 1: Let me say I didn't say it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's not paying attention. Look he's looking at his buddy. Yeah, here he is right here.
Speaker 1: Ask a little bit on his buddy forgetting these two bards. You don't expect.
Speaker 2: Is that not a net right there? We're looking through the net.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's Greg.
Speaker 2: Oh well, to their defense, he's he was behind the batter. I mean it's I mean, I mean it was a hard poll.
Speaker 1: Think about it. Yeah, evident was. But here's the broadcast talking about Greg didn't carry things to statement majorlate baseball considers a hard hit ball.
Speaker 2: This was one O five. Just to give you an idea.
Speaker 11: Of how well struck a baseball, this was it hit somebody in that Tampa Bay raysed duckout.
Speaker 4: Just joining us.
Speaker 2: We've had a.
Speaker 11: Delayed now of several minutes as the injured party is attended to by some local em t s in the first base dugout.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna I'm gonna skip forward here on the cart.
Speaker 11: But he gets and pointing how close it can be when a thought ball comes down there as we get another thumbs up.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 4: Right in the side of the head.
Speaker 1: Though you've been hitting the head with just anything.
Speaker 2: Yes, rock, he's dead. Conversation down. He's got no idea where that came from.
Speaker 4: Flash of light when you see a flash of light, even though there was not.
Speaker 2: Good So speaking of Major League Baseball, and and I just I just heard the headlines. I don't know anything about it. Did we have a batter lose lose the bat.
Speaker 1: And it gets stuck in the in the the netting and a fan climbed the net to get it and they got kicked out.
Speaker 2: I think there's one.
Speaker 1: And then I think there was a fight in the bullpen with between one of the players and a fan. Somebody had said that so one of the players could be seen throwing a punch or or in an altercation or something.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the bench cleared, I think, isn't that right?
Speaker 2: No, I don't know about that. That was a bullpen.
Speaker 1: But anyway, the net, it's like the bat got stuck halfway up the net and on the backstop he lost it, decided he was going to go get it.
Speaker 2: For Yeah, that was one story, Okay, I just found it right. And then the other one was in.
Speaker 1: The bullpen the bat was going sixty seven miles an how when Craig everything? Why everything have to be everything to you know, NASCAR has advancements too.
Speaker 2: You can see a lot of things in Nascar, right, So you don't.
Speaker 4: Want the camera inside the NASCAR because that's new that you hate it.
Speaker 1: It's been around forever. No, you hate when Speedy first went into the bat breaking. I thought you were gonna tell me when in the stand like Gorge somebody like somebody stood up with a bathroom somebody.
Speaker 2: They threw that guy out. Yeah, now why would they do that?
Speaker 1: I guess the guy up on the neck ain't got any business climbing out neck, Greg, dummy, I'm trying.
Speaker 8: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: The Wheel gave a thousand dollars last time to did the losers spend the thousand for the winner or did the win? That's right because the time before last of five hundred, it was because the loser won vox seats and the young man passed and said, I'm gonna spend them on. I got one thousand dollars and then, like Speedy said, the five hundred dollars winner was the loser.
Speaker 2: Spin.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: I do have a question. All right, here we go, and I might be wrong about this.
Speaker 1: We're willing to tell you that, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Because I'm you know, pretty good chance.
Speaker 1: Well you know there's bunch in here. Yeah, and there's not one person here that won't just revel and let you know that you're wrong.
Speaker 4: So wrong. We had the kid win the thousand bucks. Yeah, yes, bro, he played the game, he shot yep, when y'all did when your guys, when you guys pick the people who compete in the game, you draw the name out of the hat. Did you draw the mom's name? And she said, my son is going to go.
Speaker 1: We've done that and we've had we've done that a few times. Yeah, yeah, we've done that a few times.
Speaker 4: So there, so they're just allowed to put so they make the rule.
Speaker 2: No, they just said, y'all.
Speaker 4: Just don't care what anybody does if you want to.
Speaker 1: Make a rule against it.
Speaker 2: That I mean, that's being just kind. They said, can my son go in my place? And I said, I don't mind.
Speaker 4: What are the rules on that?
Speaker 2: You want to rule?
Speaker 5: Rules?
Speaker 1: You wanted to keep the money.
Speaker 2: Is that what you're saying.
Speaker 4: I think he should get the money. I don't think the kids. I think we should take the money back from the child.
Speaker 1: Okay, sorry, Brodie, I remember his name. How long have you known Speedy?
Speaker 4: How long have I known him from? I mean I intererned it in two thousand and eight, so twenty years.
Speaker 2: Does he seem to be the kind of person that looks at a child and is a dream crusher.
Speaker 4: He's a dream maker.
Speaker 2: I look the boss man, and you went, you gave me the nods.
Speaker 4: Yes, y'all we had done that early.
Speaker 2: First, definitely you did. I looked at you recocated and we also had another one. We've had what two or three times?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's happened before. That's the first time I saw.
Speaker 2: That's because you're not paying attention to the guy.
Speaker 4: I'm not paying attention.
Speaker 1: You remember the kid that got mad that I tried to console and it went completely off the rails. Yeah, it seems like he was might have been maybe his mom. I may have made that up.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, I'm just saying so people are just allowed to choose, They're just allowed to pick whatever they wanted.
Speaker 1: I wish that adler had not done what he's doing.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: Now that's also we need to rule going forward. I think you're the only one worried about it.
Speaker 4: I am okay, I'm a stickler.
Speaker 1: You cannot you cannot transfer the shooter unless it is your kid. You're yeah, which is what we've done, right, that's all we do. You can't go you can't give it to another adult.
Speaker 4: Seventeen Does a kid have to be seventeen or younger?
Speaker 1: The kid has to be actually fifteen or younger or younger. You're going to have to remember these rules you're just making.
Speaker 4: This is important, right all right? Hear that live audience in them in the room with us right now. You hear it.
Speaker 1: By the way, if you, if you, if you, if this makes you feel any better, I don't know that it will. I actually saw the check and the checks made out to his mother. Yes, we make sure that that make you feel.
Speaker 4: Bad about the mom that cheated. Basically the cheater mom. Kidding, But something we need to figure out.
Speaker 2: You're talking about a buzz kid.
Speaker 1: Just if why don't don't scream on the air your mam is a that's not because people may think that's beyond the basketball game.
Speaker 4: What's it called when you can't be tried for Like, say you blow through an intersection and then they intersection and then they put a stop sign up, and they're like, yeah, you blew through that intersection. But you're like, but there wasn't a stop signing. Grandfather in something, grandfather. I'm not saying they're responsible. I'm just saying going forwards.
Speaker 1: You're saying I better not see it again.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 4: I'm a stick in the mud, and I'm a stickler.
Speaker 2: I remember the special moment that we had with Brody winning. We're so sweet and the family in my mind and they left for the show. They followed back up with us and talked about how all I'm thrilled by and everything, and then now.
Speaker 1: This now Adler calls them cheaters.
Speaker 4: Yes, no, no, no, no, no, I'm going forward. We needed to we needed to figure that out.
Speaker 1: Let me tell what Adler is. Adler is that wave that came in just when you had your sandcastle built and you were excited about him washed it away.
Speaker 4: And somebody texted, does Adler have a problem with Jesus taking his place? That's not what this is. That's not that's not what I'm talking about. That's not that you.
Speaker 1: Should have gone to the cross yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's apples and oranges. That's not what I'm talking about. I'm just saying, going forward, need to figure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well we have now got we got it.
Speaker 2: We're making sure we figured it. Fifteen today is a Today is a first.
Speaker 1: What's that?
Speaker 2: We actually had someone in the box seats and everybody brought something. It's just man, our room is full of stuff, thank you very much. But have we ever had elk brought to the show?
Speaker 4: Oh for real, I'm excited. We've never had that.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know of someone took an elk and brought us some of it. It's in the freezer.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: No, we once had cat brought but we didn't know it was as family. Yeah, very nice.
Speaker 1: People, great folks.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Have you had elk? I've had Rick? You have.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you had.
Speaker 12: I have, Yeah, Yellowstone, you're not supposed to.
Speaker 4: Yeah I did. I killed it myself. You better knock out at night. We've got some head lamps and a knife.
Speaker 1: I had elk in Colorado at the restaurant. I knew it, and and we have this Spanish step story. But I almost don't want to do it because I've actually been to the Spanish steps, and I know you're going to make Spanish steps Spanish, the very famous Spanish steps in Rome, Italy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're not in Spain, Greg, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know why they're called that must not be too famous. I'm sure I read it when I was there and totally forgot.
Speaker 4: That I've been there too.
Speaker 1: But Greg, you got your code that is driven down them. You're not supposed to drive down okay, and a good thing. No, And and he's eighty one. Alcohol level was fine, and he told everybody was going to work and he got major Greg, Greg, just if you haven't seen these before, the Spanish Steps, it's it's.
Speaker 4: A major tourist attraction. His story site looks.
Speaker 2: Like a movie.
Speaker 1: Look look and here he comes down. This is not somebody trying to do something, trying to be goofy. He thought this was the way he thinks. This is God love him, Greg, he's eighty one. But I think this is a sign that we need to retest that driver's license. Yeah, he's he'sing on down a little bit. This looks like the movie, you know, when they're doing a car chase. They start driving down the steps, he gets he gets stuck.
Speaker 2: Right right, gotta go in an angle. Yeah, he's gonna get hung up right here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure, and he's that if you've ever been to Rome and seen the Spanish steps, he's coming right down them. Yeah, in a vehicle, and says he's just going to work. They're wondering here security, sir, that you can't what are you doing? He just threw his hands up like I can't help it. I don't know what to do. You don't go down. That's they're not for driving down. So so no, like I said, no alcohol involved. But baby at eighty one Jindddy needs to have his driver's test again.
Speaker 4: He's a trying to get it out.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 4: Wow, took a crane to get it.
Speaker 1: Was stuck. He couldn't could do anything with it. I look, it bottomed out. Did it's not that? I mean he did he thought he had it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's which, Dennis. So you've been there. I have what the heck?
Speaker 1: And you said you had to?
Speaker 4: I have, yes, indeed, And just like you have forgotten everything about them. And at the time, I was like, wow, I'll never forget this moment.
Speaker 1: Right Yeah, And even. I think I could, even if I really worked, I could produce a picture of Sherry, me and our and two of our boys standing there on the Spanish steps. I think I have it in my phone.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 4: They were made in seventeen twenty seventeen twenty five. They opened seventeen twenty five.
Speaker 2: Just drove right down and around. I got too far off in it. It was like, what do I do?
Speaker 4: There's your hotel rick right there, going on the top of the steps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, we stayed right there.
Speaker 4: I've stood I've stood right there. In fact, I was standing up there looking out over the view you can see the whole city, standing there with my lovely wife. And the guy started kind of sidling. He could what he could tell that we were a little distracted looking at.
Speaker 2: The views, trying to get me a little pickpocket act.
Speaker 4: You lit'tle pickpocket actually, And I was like, hello, sir, good to see you. Oh no, oh, now I see you, buddy.
Speaker 2: Just like you saw that kid. Yeah, just like you don't miss anything. So you stood up top there, Yeah you see? Did you? Could you stay over the rail all the way down?
Speaker 4: Or you feel good? You feel good about yourself. You've got your life and your wife. You say to your friends, I don't know you wouldn't say that to Hobi only friend's pretty six four.
Speaker 8: This is the week Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: And speaking of Greg's family, his daughter Chandler having her birthday to day, Happy Birthday, Chandler Jones about thirty one, thirty one years old. And I remember we got video, of course, and you showed up with a rage and mullet. Yeah, old room she was, and you had on some wud shirt. You're looking sharp. I'm looking sharp as all my daughter. Yep, there you go. Chandler thirty one, thirty one years ago. How about that Happy Birthday? Chan Birthday? H Burgess ball battle, Burgess ball battle?
Speaker 4: Who's in it?
Speaker 2: In it today? So speedy?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna send it over to the Burgess ball courts and you tell us who's playing today?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: In seat number three, it's uh Gina Parker, I be best, Jenna, jenn Is it Jenna? I think it's probably Jenna?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jenna, Jennif Parker. Jennif park j.
Speaker 1: Here comes Jenna, she's Jenno.
Speaker 2: Come on, Jena, comes Jenna.
Speaker 4: Let's go Jan out.
Speaker 2: And seat number five. It's Karen Bailey.
Speaker 1: Karen Bailey, take Jenna Parker, come on, so here they come.
Speaker 2: It's on the elbowing.
Speaker 1: It's the w n b A here today, Jenna, it's Karen. Oh no, we got a band member, she said, but she was in the band member. That's all right, that's okay, don't worry about it. So for those of you trying to to kind of visualize how this is looking, Jenna is to the left, Karen is to the right, and you have all got thirty seconds. The first twenty seconds. Things counts two, last ten things count as three. We've had some folks come back the last ten seconds. So get ready, okay, hang on and.
Speaker 2: Go. Oh look here Karen, She sings the first one. Jone's up four, Tarried is up six two. Okay, carry is up eight to four. Here we go. Carrying is up still eight to four.
Speaker 4: We got fifteen seconds left and still eight to four.
Speaker 2: Still eight to four.
Speaker 1: Come on, here we go, okay, Jenna, Jenna, Now it's ten to six.
Speaker 2: Teren Jenna, suck one. Now it's thirteen to nine, five seconds left. Carry over, Jenna, Now it's twelve, sixteen to twelve. It looks like that.
Speaker 4: Karen has one.
Speaker 2: Wow was closed? I was so close? And now Jenna has to spare spin for Carroll.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go. So Jenna and Karen both go to the wheel. Karen the winner in Burgess ball battle, so she goes last. Jenna, your first spin. It's meaningless for you because you did not win. But but Karen, you're watching this spin and it's your decision to take her prize or to spind on your own to see if you can upgrade.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you got to pay attention.
Speaker 1: Now, Jenna, you have your count the call shirt on from the Rick Burgess show store looks great. Uh and you know that you have to say it's not will to me because you did not win. So go ahead, give a good spin though, Yeah, there she goes, yeah, all right, there we go. All right, Oh god, okay again you got Karen. You don't want to have to buy speedy lunch. So no, uh so yeah, yeah he did bring it. And Jenna, that's got to feel better that really you would have won nothing, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Does hell?
Speaker 1: All right? And uh so now Karen is nothing no well no, no, no never never never, just nothing. They would benefit from other than your company. Okay, all right, so Karen, you say it is it's will to me and then you all right, now you give it, give it up.
Speaker 2: Let's see what happened. Can she do it? Can she make it? Big out, big.
Speaker 1: Money, big money. Let's see what's happened. Here comes the will. He comes a look out, look out, look out, look out, look out, look out.
Speaker 12: Yeah, look about you're talking about a thousand dollars, sorry, Jenna.
Speaker 3: A thousand dollars wise dollars.
Speaker 5: My goodness, give a shout out and give thanks to miss miss gaymil Burgess because I know her from your dad was a patient mind years ago.
Speaker 12: Really okay, And my message.
Speaker 5: Turned told her that I was going to be here, and she said, I hope you spend and I hope you win money.
Speaker 12: Oh thank you you mama.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, thousand those of you that are not watching, oh, Rush is gonna have a hard tay. I know this is big time rush, this will, and this is Friday too. I don't I don't want to have a call on a Friday.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: But wow, guys, y'all don't understand that if you were not watching, everybody in the room knows that those of you that are tubers, you know it, but those of you that cannot see it. I actually thought she was going to have the other experience. Oh yeah, there wasn't enough on it and it was gonna stop one peg, one peg, even though I know deep down she wanted to hear me djail song.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: And that's what she really wanted, was dj rig Because there's no value. You know that, you can't put a number on it. But but that, I mean, it was just like Greg has it right now if you're if you're watching, and then it just had just enough momentum to do that right there.
Speaker 2: Man, that is crazy me one thousand dollars for Karen Bailey.
Speaker 1: And and how about this, I really if you think about it, our mother called her, called your shot. I hope you spend. You have to be drone to play, you have to win, and and then you have to get up there.
Speaker 2: And yeah, and and and and and.
Speaker 1: Then make a decision to scare. When I was jumping, yeah, I'll tell you. Nowadays you can't. You can't just jump around. So congratulations Karen Bailey and Jenna, thank you for such a good sport. Of course you had her family. Wow, you know Jenna pitch picked one of our Jesus shirts, so you knew she'd have a good sport, yes, and be a good sport about it, even though that adler wanted to tell Jesus he just go across on his own. But there was a close game and it came down to the wire. Wow, like that that three place stars kicking in. You played well, Jenna. You have nothing to be ashamed of. So we'll come back and then we'll meet the Vox seats. So congratulations Karen Bailey, winner of the Burgess Ball Battle, and she'll be getting a check from Big Vox Entertainment for one thousand dollars, my gracious twenty five hundred dollars. That will's cranked out in the last two weeks on fire and it is. We'll be back more of the Rick Burgess Show coming up right after this. Karen and Kelvin Bailey. Here they come on. Karen the winner one thousand dollars, and uh, Kelvin is the one who took the giant elk. Yeah, so Kevin, how about that? So that was you have the dream come true? You brought us some elk. Me tell us about the elk hunt.
Speaker 2: Oh it was.
Speaker 13: It was really great, went to Illinois and had a chance to top of my bucket list. It was really cool as I did it with a bow. That's all I do is bowl hunt, and it is. It was amazing.
Speaker 1: So so I know that when you saw your wife one of a thousand dollars. I can't imagine what an elk mount cost. So that had to feel good.
Speaker 8: It does.
Speaker 13: It's not quite good to do it, but there was a U haul, you know, I had to get a U haul to bring it back. So there's a cost there too. It's like a gift that just keeps on giving.
Speaker 1: So morning, I said everyone and Karen, you said, he had a y'all did just finished the farmhouse.
Speaker 2: Of some kind?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you come to micro here and so he.
Speaker 2: Picked out a spot right, yes.
Speaker 5: So when we built the farmhouse, he said that either you picked which side I'm gonna one day put an elkhead. And I was like, sure, that's yeah. I didn't really think it would happen. And then when we got word later on, oh I've been invited to go on an elk hind, I'm like, oh, okay, that's that's that's good.
Speaker 1: Good for you.
Speaker 5: Good and I got to go, so that was nice. I didn't go out on the hunt. I stayed in the lodge.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it was beautiful. And then I hear where the radio thing came out. Oh we got one, got one, I said.
Speaker 12: Oh.
Speaker 5: So he came back and the biggest smile on his face.
Speaker 4: He got it.
Speaker 5: He little misty. And then as I saw the size of it, and I said, oh, that's that's really.
Speaker 2: Big, and uh, I know it's not a small.
Speaker 5: And I didn't come from a family that hunted or anything, so this was all.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And so then when we were finding out about the mountain on and I heard a little it can take almost a year to get that back.
Speaker 2: I thought, okay, didn't worry about it again.
Speaker 7: Oh well.
Speaker 5: It arrived. He got the call and he said, yo, it's it's it's ready, it comes. And so he went. He got a U haul and brought it home. And it's it's it's huge. I will say though, it looks beautiful. It goes perfect with the farm out. I was just a little concerned, just you know, it's long, but it goes, it goes well with the house. It's beautiful, it looks great, and you know, again he's happy now. Our little dog is wondering whether they're half is is it gonna eat me? Those kind of things.
Speaker 1: So y'all brought a lot of snacks today.
Speaker 7: We did.
Speaker 5: We brought the pigs in the blanket. He brought some elk meat for you. We brought some fried pies from Hay's rig Orchards, there little place down from where we live in on the Ona there in Cleveland. We live in great and he brought you some fish and lures.
Speaker 2: It's all ready to go. Yes, goes to Shery.
Speaker 5: Yes. And one other thing I wanted to say, Speedy doesn't remember this. I graduated from Jacksonville State back when your dad was our coach, and so the wind Dixie there in jackson that's where we did all our grocery shopping. Myself in My roommate had gone in and bought groceries. And we came out and you and some other guy I don't know who it was, but y'all were having car issues. Your battery was dead, and you were so kind even then, and it wasn't no, it was crazy, but he was like, you know, our batteries dead, you know, can y'all take us back? To our apartment. We didn't take anything about it. By then, we didn't think anything about it.
Speaker 14: But we'll played having trouble, and they really did just killed.
Speaker 5: But we took you and your friend back to your apartment, and before you got out of the car, I remember you saying, by the way, I'm Calvin and I host Calvin's House Awesome, and it was the station we listened to.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm a pretty big deal to call what I said Calvin.
Speaker 5: But yeah, but that's what you know on Thursdays and John.
Speaker 2: Little Friday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so anyway, but yes, I want.
Speaker 2: To thank you. Yeah, I think that's keep on giving.
Speaker 13: One more thing, since you're so handy these days, not trying to break I do. I'm a maintenance manager at a facility there.
Speaker 2: You know what I can. You know what you talking?
Speaker 13: I need good help, sure it is. If this radio gig don't work out, give me a call.
Speaker 2: Well you need him, I'm from If you need me to that.
Speaker 13: Little that little space man helmet things called an air chuck.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to talk down to the guys here.
Speaker 1: You know, some of us call it in their charles, but to.
Speaker 2: Each his own. If you need me, I'm here.
Speaker 1: Okay, so enjoyed that moment was speedy.
Speaker 2: A little flashback Calvin's playoffs. Might not might not know me ever heard of Calvin?
Speaker 1: And you probably recognized my voice. You probably here comes with Greg time for the way in. Here's a thought it was over your battery was dead?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess it was.
Speaker 1: I don't and you look to I might have been out of gas because I'd run out of gas and you hit your ride on the way out. You're going by the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. Apparently Karen doesn't forget anything, but tell us what we were talking about.
Speaker 1: I don't know. But did you think when you heard the invited him to the Playoffs's probably what I did. Did you think, because we've had a lot of people that make this mistake, when before you met him, did you think he was black because his name was Calvin?
Speaker 4: A lot of people think a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Because he's so cool too and.
Speaker 4: Such a cool guy.
Speaker 1: You know you didn't when you when he said that, you go, oh, you're white.
Speaker 2: This is what he goes to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we love the playhouse. Didn't know you were white.
Speaker 2: Though you were my friend.
Speaker 1: I'm just you know, asking us guess I'm just gonna guess, because I'm trying to think, like you, Greg, why he would bring this up.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the run and by the way, I mean nothing.
Speaker 1: If you want to party, I got the playoffs. He didn't say, like you, I want to see my aquarium. He didn't do any of that because he always had.
Speaker 2: Calvin's right there, and it was I was probably just being a conversation guys.
Speaker 4: I don't know why it came up, but I actually it came up with my wife just a couple of nights ago. The fact that it was called Calvin's Playhouse. What was it called the playhouse? That's like the creepiest thing that you could ever call it.
Speaker 2: No, actually it was I mean you go to play you know that, you point that out.
Speaker 1: Playing on on?
Speaker 2: Was this was this like this before we had his Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I don't really know who came up with that, but somebody did you ever went you would know, Greg, had you ever experienced no, remember that time, Rick were you're not speechless and we weren't even like to the party. We just happened to be there and he goes, yeah, there's Calvin, And of course I thought he was black.
Speaker 8: It's not true.
Speaker 2: We go in there. And then the playoffs was happening. Oh, I saw it happening.
Speaker 1: I thought to myself, I'm gonna leave before God throws a ball of fire in here.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Sometimes, let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: And in those days for me to be bothered took a lot.
Speaker 4: Took a lot.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, everybody. Sometimes I would just be dejayling like, just you know, just this mixing it and she's talking about the radio show, which was different. Yeah, well sometimes.
Speaker 1: You go live, go live.
Speaker 2: In the second, she's shaking her head.
Speaker 1: Here's what I'm gonna Here's what I'm going to guess. Okay, here's what. Here's what I'm going to guess.
Speaker 2: There's a stamp of the playoffs in Jackson.
Speaker 1: Everybody's talking about. They don't go in there. I swear, Hey, hey, can I go in here? No, we don't just condemn that's where the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Went off.
Speaker 1: He was probably saying to these young ladies who were very helpful. He was probably letting them know that because he probably won't give you all shout out or something on the Thursday show.
Speaker 2: I want to I want to thank the ladies tapers out of the card.
Speaker 1: You know that's probably to my point. Yeah right, I'm not blad.
Speaker 2: I'm right here.
Speaker 1: What's wrong with being black? Nothing?
Speaker 2: Nothing, it's just what He's the one that brings it up. I just said, is there something wrong with me? You ask your brother. He's the only said confusion, the only one that brings it up.
Speaker 1: Just you speaking to pee Wee.
Speaker 2: He's been running theme he by way speaking to pee Wee.
Speaker 1: You know that documentary?
Speaker 2: Have you gone into it?
Speaker 1: Don't watch that? Don't tell me. They give a lot of attention to the theater thing.
Speaker 4: Oh really, theater thing.
Speaker 2: You don't want to know about pee Wee's past.
Speaker 1: Kidding. It makes the theater incident like nothing. Really, that's just a blip on yo. Yes, really, you don't want any part of it. This is not if you if you watch that, you'll be like, wow, let my kids watch it.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I mean you talk about buddy. Okay, let me let me just put to you this way. Paul Ruben was up for anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like he was at Calvin's playhouse.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me just now, we got pedophile text coming here. What's that? So let me just be very clear.
Speaker 1: I love how y'all stirred about you and go, no, no that that comment.
Speaker 2: Let me just say that the playhouse, everybody was the same. We were all we were all college people. What is that We didn't go like DJ little kid parties. You know? No, I mean so and we would do anything from and you are something else, don't you as mister handyman?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: They said one time I asked Diddy to come down. Now you got some you got something else.
Speaker 4: It was a party freak offs.
Speaker 1: So you got you got me black, You got me a freak and you got me something.
Speaker 2: I have nothing. There was a DJ party, it was just DJ.
Speaker 1: It was just DJ.
Speaker 2: It was like you know, reception dinner after a wedding where a.
Speaker 1: Thing came from. I had nothing to do with that. You're trying to give a visual that you played bar Met.
Speaker 2: I would do anything.
Speaker 1: I would do anything from a frat sorority party to DJ and the club, to do a wedding, to do you know what a wedding. I imagine me series messing it up. Uh and uh not allowed no driving a class reunion is the briden or Dad. You have to do all that and get the dance and you can mess it like I don't want the pressure and can't say anything messing up like dad and daughter's first dance.
Speaker 2: It's all that pressure is, dude.
Speaker 1: I was at a wedding here within the last year or two and they had major equipment problem and I was melting because I knew what the guy was going through.
Speaker 2: He couldn't help it. They had a power failure stuff.
Speaker 1: And he's like and mom and dad and mom, and it's just say the dad. The daughter is just standing there. Everything stopped and they're trying to do the dance special moment that they'll always remember.
Speaker 2: I'm white. That's a black cow.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's wrong with being black.
Speaker 2: You even have the kids laughing at it. I'm not laughing. You didn't want to be there. You weren't serious.
Speaker 1: You're not ready to party. Don't come the base.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, you don't think they was playing. We're trying to help. You said that they players go to play?
Speaker 1: Where where players go to play?
Speaker 2: We were all the same age. You've got me like DJ ain't in a daycare.
Speaker 4: It was it was like teen drinks for freeze. No.
Speaker 1: Clearly had to be twenty one to get in top of the hour eighteen to party twenty one to.
Speaker 8: Drink is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: It's Matt Culture. Matt Culture is one of the nicest human beings, yes that our earth is ever ever know, and he'll handle something like this correctly and professionally. So when they said, well, you know, we're getting closer to the birthday and you're doing these things for us. Now, Rick, and have you ever had your wife and spoke? Have you ever had your wife volunteer you for something? Yeah, and I sure that she goes well next year Rick. Rick could see it and I'm like, throw it out there and I was like, what baby, And then they were like, oh, yeah, that'll be works right in what we're doing with the two hundred and fiftieth and and all this. And of course we get in the car. I'm like, hey, what do you what's happened? And she's like, well, we'll be here anyway. That'd be great for you to you know, you got the new show going, you probably need to do that. And what did I say? It's a year from now, yeah, and a long way. And then I just went on about my way. Yeah, you know, I was like, is here and that I'll never get around here and here she comes, Yeah, here comes. Uh No, they do like an evening's like we're working our way to the fireworks. So I'll do things like introduce various military people. I'll introduce some. I think I introduced Thomas Jefferson and George Washing cannot wait there there, which is kind of spooky since they're dead. Yes, but they'll be there, and I'll bring out various people to do various speeches and various recognitions.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm seeing the line up here and then and then look at the evening part.
Speaker 1: That's where I am. I'm not all day. I'm just the evening. And then you take them to the fireworks show you don't. Ladies and gentlemen stand by and I'm done.
Speaker 4: And then you send God bless America during the fire Well that's right before it.
Speaker 2: Are you recognizing patriots of the past?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, so you got Thomas Jefferson, George and Martha Washington, see John and Abigail Adams. I man, I'm just sitting here going you doing all this? You know is so good?
Speaker 1: You know anybody who's playing some of them characters, I don't, but they're very good.
Speaker 2: I will tell you.
Speaker 1: Last year John Adams, the guy playing John Adams because he's dead. It couldn't have been him, but it moved me. Okay, y'all don't care about America and you don't love what we've been through. Fine, but it was a pretty big deal that we did this big deal. We've gotten it, but it was a big deal.
Speaker 2: You can go to American Village dot Org anywhere in the country and then click on indispend stage and it has the rundown of everything.
Speaker 1: I can't decide where I want to see. God bless America. My country tis of thee are. I'm proud to be an American? Of course by leg well, of course.
Speaker 4: Of course you got to go stand up.
Speaker 2: Don't you know he's busy that day. Are you gonna wear You're John Daly American flag? Short?
Speaker 1: You can count on that shorts.
Speaker 2: Oh remember that he warned to read.
Speaker 4: I was just enunciating shorts.
Speaker 1: I would love to get I'd love to get the you know, uncle Sam vest and hat.
Speaker 2: To Oh yeah, somebody's already done. Yeah there, I.
Speaker 1: Am Welsh teacher that everybody couldn't quite trust. Uh So I got a slot. Matthew Modine, Yes, but at some point you're gonna be like real serious going through patriots of the past.
Speaker 2: Well, the problem is, see, Matt culture is believable.
Speaker 1: Yes, in this everybody's gonna have that look at me like his word ures, what's he doing? What's he about to do? You got some Cracker Adams coming. He's goin to say something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not gonna have to be the voice of the flag or anything like. No, that was you.
Speaker 1: I'm proud to be an American?
Speaker 2: Did we ever get that's beautiful?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did you ever get? Do we have a copy? And when you were the flag that time? It up? Well, no, I'm just asking. I said, he wasn't.
Speaker 1: That that's remember when he was speaking for the flag? Yes, and uh and it was that was his words mixed them offended, and that was that's.
Speaker 2: Why he did a round of Calvin's Patriotic Player.
Speaker 1: A little different little that. Yeah, what he meant by him made a little different, a little different, all right, So.
Speaker 2: I don't laugh, y'all laugh. It just encourages him.
Speaker 1: The Uh what if? What if I kind of hipped up? Give it a little bit of solid.
Speaker 2: I'm round to be.
Speaker 1: In America, gracious, stand up and shine the metal version.
Speaker 4: We got some crazy.
Speaker 9: All right, we got some crazy patriots here today.
Speaker 1: We got some matreds, all of it here tonight.
Speaker 2: What if I came about great fire?
Speaker 1: Oh you're blowing fire.
Speaker 2: I need all that.
Speaker 1: See right now, this is where we've made the American village. And now they're reconsidering somebody. And there's somebody who, in tears, says, I told you it's not Mac Culture, right, it.
Speaker 2: Wasn't some man's off this year. I ain't got bumped.
Speaker 1: Mat Matt Cultures never liked me as much as he does right now. He's so thankful.
Speaker 2: Hey, it was probably fun for him. They just wanted a handymaid.
Speaker 1: Matt Culture has a big heart.
Speaker 2: He does have a big heart and a nice voice. One of the nicest people I've ever.
Speaker 6: Known him, by the way, with US America, all right, so I gotta clarify something I missed up.
Speaker 15: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry guy. Oh it's so good.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good. By the way, even though Matt Culture is very nice, and I know Matt Culture, Matt, he is nice. He's not your but but even Matt would tell you he's not as nice as as Jeff Spiegel. No, who is actually who m ced the fireworks last year, not Matt.
Speaker 2: Cold in a minute, so last second, you were talking about how nice somebody was.
Speaker 1: I get Jeff Spiegel and Matt Culture confused all the time, but you're adamant about it too.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: And how about this Matt Culture is nice. He's not as nice as just Jeff speak Well, there's not many that are, right. Jeff Spiegel is the nicest one if you're putting him side by side.
Speaker 2: But Matt's great.
Speaker 1: I love Matt and he's nice, but he's not as nice as Jeff Spegel. And even Matt would say that their phones are probably just about what's going on. Jeff Spiegel, you were so confident with Matt, who's beloved. Everybody likes. Jeff Spiegel works at our ABC affiliate, ABC affiliate.
Speaker 4: Him Rick, that's him for well, for when you don't recognize him again, that's him.
Speaker 1: Let me tell how nice Jeff Spiegel is. I've called him Matt Culture and he's too nice to correct. He's very nice, and he'll be on the board of something, yes, because he's that he just said, very involved in the community. Is he on the same board of what you guys are doing? I think so it may be Matt Culture. I'm not sure. Now, probably not, because as nice as Matt is, he's not as nice as Jeff. And he'll tell you that.
Speaker 2: Well, so now Matt's gonna think we're saying he's not nice Culture.
Speaker 4: That's a different point.
Speaker 1: Now Matt knows that Matt Matt. Matt's been here, even in the Wednesday Bible study, but not lately, but mean has but has been.
Speaker 2: He was on the Sports Day when we had our sports Yes, he was.
Speaker 1: I knew I was in trouble. I knew I was in trouble. And Gregson, you know, and Matt's the voice of Tall Digger Super Speedway. And I'm like, that's not the same guy. Uh And then I realized at that moment that I had been calling Jeff Spiegel Matt Culture for an entire segment. Yeah, Jeff super nice, so nice he'll be he will forgive me for this. Yeah, Matt, probably not. Okay, so uh so, so, anyway, let's get all that straight. So I'll be at the American Village Lord Willing July fourth. We do have that right, bringing out patriots of the past. I can't wait for that.
Speaker 2: You gotta wear a white wig.
Speaker 1: Rick, No, I'm not wearing he have you ever been in Alabama? You ever been in Alabama in July?
Speaker 2: You put your yeah? Oh yeah yeah, just real quick, Rick, Let's just see what you would look like.
Speaker 1: No, but not on.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, yes, I'm going to Dublin, Georgia.
Speaker 1: That thing is so itchy and hot. And Adler's head been in rabbit.
Speaker 4: I don't have life anymore.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I'm just washes his hair what once a week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a little bit, but it's close enough. So Rick's gonna put it on.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: Let's say, gotta stretch his head's a little bigger.
Speaker 1: Yeah wow, wow what and yeah we got Rick now patriots from the past. Yeah yeah, yea. May y'all may recognize me as George Washington's drunk brother.
Speaker 4: It looks like a mullet on you.
Speaker 1: That's what I's been to say.
Speaker 2: That's look at this, Greg, this is this is the this is clearly the.
Speaker 1: Mister Lucky reunion. Oh yeah, you know how the rockers come out and they got long hair.
Speaker 2: But it's great show and show.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I wish we had some volume right there.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: I wish we had some volume right there. Oh, I know I was screaming for you about you won't meet him singing it the day look.
Speaker 2: Like please please do it like that or you know, or.
Speaker 4: Something semi Sesquith centennial. You can't say it, yeah, I can't say it without reading it.
Speaker 1: Man, this is great.
Speaker 2: Would you focus on your brother with a wig? It's another good night? Look at that. We got somebody else on the screen up here and we can't see that. You know what. That reminds me of that mull that you had. I think you how to bring it back?
Speaker 4: You know what I say to Oh, well, I just see the guy now too. Sorry everyone, we're just flying okay, Greg?
Speaker 2: What is that? No one?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness? Guys, what's woking? Phoenix's signing?
Speaker 2: You forgot my good just like that wig on? Now you're just doing the show.
Speaker 1: But now I'm watching the same thing.
Speaker 4: Y'all?
Speaker 1: Are why watching this that show? Some people say this is a little too twisted sister for them.
Speaker 2: It's not. It's not the wig you need to wear, but it's close.
Speaker 1: No scream, I want to rock one rock and.
Speaker 2: Say I want macan the village, you know, village, Welcome to American Village. Patris of the past.
Speaker 14: Let's give it up for the Patris of the past. Oh bass guitar, Bill drums, Alexander.
Speaker 2: Hello, time the bill of the Bill of fighting for your right to pie. You got some elderly man on the front rows. What's going on? What happened to that Jeff Spiegel? Guy, we missed Jeff. You never was live like this.
Speaker 1: He was quite nice, professional man. Right now, American Village. Just have a meeting there at their text Just want meeting in thirty minutes. Yeah, Burgess is a wig. He thinks he's wearing it. Yeah, he thinks Jeff is Matt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't even know who Jeffer Matt is.
Speaker 1: No, and you know people will get confused. There's no telling them what they'll tell them later today when people have here things. Oh, I know, they'll say that we said Spinny was black and he's coming to him. Let me tell you how misinformation will get out again, let me tell how misinformation will get out. Here's what's gonna happen later.
Speaker 2: Hey, if people get mixed up, right, here's what I don't have.
Speaker 1: This was gonna happen later to day. Hey, Matt, hey man, you're a burgess some time. He said, no, what, I'm Jeff Fiegel's replacing you at twn D. Yeah, that's how that's gonna go.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rick said, you work nice, and what you did? You upset rickers On. He went from saying he's nice, he took it.
Speaker 2: Back forgot he had to wig on, he did, Ricky ray Cyrus, that's funny, Ricky ray Cyrus, that is that is funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: And you I've been thinking about growing my hair out one more time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you ought to go. I think so be that old guy with long hair. I think I'm going to be that guy. Yeah, sitting around talking about it.
Speaker 2: I hope.
Speaker 1: Sure he is seeing this.
Speaker 4: And you know, party in the front reallyef factor in the back?
Speaker 5: Is this?
Speaker 11: Is this?
Speaker 1: But it isn't party? It is party in the front, isn't it? Is that?
Speaker 4: No business in front?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: Right, that's it all right there?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 2: Uh so for July fourth Independence, ye'll be Dependence Day at American Village.
Speaker 1: I'll be working that out, all right. So I can I kick this off?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 1: Can I take this off?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure, it's whatever you want to do. Yeah, I mean, if you're going to be that way, you only have a minute left.
Speaker 4: When you take it off, that's when it really starts to itch. I know that sounds weird, but it's when you take it off, when you're like this kind of stays with you for a little while. Just that's normal if you experience that.
Speaker 1: Okay, he changed his voice, like we was trying to be trying to be authoritate.
Speaker 2: What do you doing?
Speaker 1: It's a voice say, isn't. I'm not kidding around right now. You'll need to listen. Just be ready for it, you know what I'm saying now.
Speaker 2: No, Hey, y'all, remember speaking of Adler the other What was there a week ago when you had this little hat where you use a towel to put your sock on or something like that, and you put your feet in my sweat towel. Yeah you remember that. Yeah, the title stink. No, it didn't stink.
Speaker 1: I you wiped your face with it.
Speaker 2: I forgot.
Speaker 1: Guys. You know what I just face.
Speaker 2: Somebody just thought about.
Speaker 1: Somebody just brought this up to it actually looks it. Actually, listen, I'm trying to be Dolly Parton in the drag show.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you do look a little drag A couple of balloon movie bird cage.
Speaker 4: Greig, we didn't need to depart about the balloon he.
Speaker 1: Was trying to. No, Greg, we all know, but there's no need to didn't walk it out. I mean we all had it. That was one of those little comments you made and you just keep moving. Yeah, don't stop, you don't look, you don't bog down and actually build it out. All right, Well.
Speaker 5: That's what I need you.
Speaker 2: With the curls though. Oh yeah, oh that looks good.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 2: You know, American Village has one. I'm a I'm gonna email her and tell her you need her a wig for the event.
Speaker 1: They got Please, I'm not the one that sent you over de larious. Well we'll be back, well sort of, mom, and say, well screen them on the fly, so as you're dialing up, you're in here ringing because these are unscreen phone calls. I do want to point you to an opportunity to come to our beautiful state of sweet Home, Alabama. You can do that with our friends at Alabama Mountain Lakes Tourists Association. Road Tripping to Alabama. Nothing like it and if you are a hunter, how about the opportunity for you to to take the buck of a lifetime. As a matter of fact, you'll have an opportunity to go to Willow Oak Lodge.
Speaker 2: And we have a guide.
Speaker 1: Kelvin that's actually going to be with you. And I'm just kidding you can they actually do have a guide that will help you and they'll go out. This is all free range hunting, but boy, they got acres and acres of beautiful land. It's worth fifteen hundred dollars. You get a two day free range hunt at beautiful Willow Oak Lodge, all your meals, yes, speedy, and lodging taken care of. So you do need to get all the licensing that is that Alabama requires and follow the fishing game rules while you're here. Go to Alabama roadtrips dot com. You can't transfer to someone else and you also have to use it within the calendar year that you win it. Alabama roadtrips dot org, rickburgesshow dot com under sponsors and contests and if you win, we look forward to seeing you and beautiful sweet Home, Alabama. All Right, to the phones, we go, unscreened phone calls. Hello, Welcome to The Rick Burgess Show. You're on unscreen phone calls, go ahead, Hello, is this what?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes, it is.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: That what was that?
Speaker 1: That caraff of Flintstone?
Speaker 4: Who is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Careful, stitch, careful, okay that we've been at guys, we've been in this business a long time. There's been times we thought somebody was doing something funny. We all started chiming in, only to discover that was their speech impediment. That was that was their best present. Didn't stop speeding, try to help to be stitched from Lelo and stitch maybe maybe hopefully. Note to self, I can put caution, then I sign up. No one pays attention to it. Rick Burgers Show, unscreen phone calls, go ahead, Hello, good morning, Hey buddy.
Speaker 15: Go ahead, Hey, going back when y'all talking about Calvin's playhouse, uh Adler was doing a lot of smack. Call for a guy to come out shirtless with a horse's head on dancing rontal party.
Speaker 4: That's not me, that's a horse many, that's a horseman, some weirdo horse.
Speaker 1: We continue. Rick Bergers Show, unscreen phone calls, Go ahead, Jay, how are you all today?
Speaker 2: Hope you're hey.
Speaker 15: I'm a foodie I love food and stuff, and I remember Rick went down to Laurel. Did you ever get to go into the ice spring shop at Ben's place?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, no, I tried.
Speaker 1: It seems like when I was there it was it was not it was not open during the time that I was walking downtown.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 7: I got you and I got something.
Speaker 2: This might be on the gregs level too.
Speaker 1: All right, sugar does not go in grits. No, no, no, no, so salt, salt and pepper. Yeah, I agree with you one hundred percent. Yaher Rick Bergers show unscreen phone calls ahead.
Speaker 4: That speedy, I have season two of Highway to Heaven on DVD.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking you me pizza and a night of inspiration.
Speaker 7: What do you say?
Speaker 1: Well done?
Speaker 2: Oh it's so good.
Speaker 1: That's funny, so so good. Rick Burgers Show on screen phone calls go ahead, Hey, I have.
Speaker 7: A challenge for Greg. There's a documentary on I think Apple TV called Deaf President Now, and it's about the student protest that Gayyadet, which is the only deaf university in the world, death and it will give Yeah, Deaf President Now. I don't remember it happening. I'm a little older than you guys, but it's uh, it happened, and we'll give him a little inside information about the deaf community. I know he's come a long way.
Speaker 1: So was it was it a Was it a protest?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 7: The students formed a protest because they never had a death president and agree.
Speaker 1: Wanted the deaf president. That's what you're saying, right.
Speaker 7: And they've had a deaf president ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, didn't you say they shouted their hands off? I remember you're talking about that. No, just and I remember she's gonna put you on the more about that was a good one. I didn't say that.
Speaker 5: And and.
Speaker 2: Great, guys making fun of the deaf community. It's really don't then the death.
Speaker 1: He's really it's not.
Speaker 2: I just said, there's a difference between totally blind and legally blind. There is a difference.
Speaker 4: Wow, the deaf university demanded a deaf president.
Speaker 2: Who was against that? How many you have? How many are available?
Speaker 4: I'm just watching this trailer for it.
Speaker 1: Who was against that?
Speaker 4: They bypassed a deaf person for a woman that could hear, and the student body was mad about it, and they started signing real mad about it.
Speaker 1: I got you, okay, Uh, Gret Burgers show unscreen phone calls go ahead. But do you think she was seriously that? Greg?
Speaker 4: You're doing better though, is this?
Speaker 7: Larry?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 2: Hey, Larry, Okay, he sounds bad. How Sady has nothing to worry about you.
Speaker 7: You're not killers.
Speaker 1: That's what killers always say, Larry, Larry, it mentioned, Larry, I don't think you're a killer at all.
Speaker 2: They're having fun, Larry. While I've got you, Larry, I've got you. How what's the temperature in the house? How's that house right now?
Speaker 7: A little bit.
Speaker 4: Dream? I knew it.
Speaker 1: I knew it?
Speaker 2: Oh, Larry.
Speaker 1: Hey, Rick here from the Rick Burgers Show. Hope you have an outstanding weekend. By the way, a brand new episode of our new podcast, Strange Encounters out this weekend wherever you get pot Monday, we break down the weekend and the headlines of the day, so don't miss it. On Monday's edition of The Rick Burgess Show. You just heard the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show. Catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show on Blaze TV.