Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Amelia Petter Trends or The Bruda Geist. That one courtesy of Vanadium Silver on the discord the brute Geist and then Amelia pair Trends the other the other one that is the most nominated movie. Uh, I think Amelia Perez is the most nominated. Second like tiede per second most nominated. Oh really, it's definitely yeah, yeah, they are there both all time. It's tie. It's like up there was like gone with the wind and ship insane. Yeah, uh, who's that? You might ask? Who? Uh in our second seat, in the Miles seat. Also Miles back soon everybody who's been asking back soon. But yeah, appreciates all the love and is you know, doing better?
Speaker 2: But yeah, much love, Miles, much love.
Speaker 1: Much love from us to Miles.
Speaker 2: I will yeah, I'm sorry for what I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that is your fault and we'll get into my fault. We are thrilled to be joined by an award winning podcast host, writer, producer, comedian, actor, one of our favorite guests, one of your favorite guests. It's Jackies. What's up? Everybody?
Speaker 2: Let's talk some trends.
Speaker 1: That was was Max Hedroom esque well, welcome Jackies. It's great. Have you pleasure on this Trends episode Tomorrow's full episode as a guest co host also yes, well wonderful as always. Uh, you will be at sketch Fest. There are four shows. People need to go buy tickets. They're selling out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, two Comedian Clashes was used to be known as Comedian Feud.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: We changed up the format some and got all new shit. Uh, it's gonna be a lot of dope people I'm excited for, like Lamar and Morris is going to be on the show New Girl Fame, Paul f Tomkin.
Speaker 1: Tomkins, hear Him, Jeopardy fans. Uh, there's gonna be a lot of dope people.
Speaker 2: And then I'm also doing Past that Blunt, which is uh, you know all black improv show, we get high, we do comedy. Uh, that would needs your support, you know all black shows. So we need to come out.
Speaker 1: Come out. That sounds that sounds terrifying to get high and then do improv.
Speaker 2: But uh, you can tell you all we do is laugh on stage. Yeah, okay, yeah, which that sounds like a blast. Yeah all right, Jacquise, let's tell the people what's trending. Let's do it quick check in.
Speaker 1: Uh. You know, as we've been saying, it's hard to keep up with all the bullshit that's happening. But just like the things that are rising to the surface of the Trump administration, one thing that's standing out, and it's hard to stand out, but that there are a couple of things that are standing out. I want. One thing is in his attempt to end DEI, he is like telling employees to report any examples of DEI that they see, any instances of DEI programs, like basically trying to red scare diversity essentially so that people can like tell on diversity when they see it and be like.
Speaker 2: They hired a black woman and yeah, I think it was because d I reports is going to eventually get to is that I think it's there.
Speaker 1: That's what they've done this for, is you know, to like it just feels like Brian the editor has been saying like this is Christmas for racist, Like this is there. That's what they're doing. That's the energy they have. They're like we everything they're doing is like we can do Nazi salutes now, uh, and we'll just call them Roman salutes and wink at the camera and like the New York Times will just be like, yeah, I don't know, I guess likely that's what he said, so we'll go with you know, and now like you can have fun telling on your black coworkers for being black, like that crisis.
Speaker 2: Yeah so or it's just and it's so funny because I mean we all know this, but I've not said it on this show yet, Like DEI. The only opponent to it is white people. Yes, like that's the only opponent to DEI, like and mostly white men, because there are some instances of DEI that help white women, but white men are the true opponent of DEI. And they and they basically now have a president who has been boldened and helped roll back a lot of initiatives and not only roll back, but made it so that like all you have to do as a white man is just be upset that you aren't getting your white man due.
Speaker 1: You can report it. That's all they needed was to be further emboldened white man. Yeah, we we we're just too timid and uh, you know, we keep telling up and take more. Take charge, man, take charge more, assume more that everybody wants to hear what we have to say.
Speaker 2: Hey, je, it's a strength space more Man, take space more Jack.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I'm gonna do my Superman post like that. Ted talk talked about. Uh. He's also declaring an emergency, uh, an energy emergency, which is based on the idea that America is like our cars and other exhaust spewing vehicles are like out here starving on the streets. So it's basically so he can ram through as much like oil drilling and you know, pipeline construction as possible, just as many earth fucking uh, you know, money making projects as possible. This despite the fact prices are at their almost exactly average for the past four years, like at the gas pump. So it's just you can't even say they're too high or too low. They're just like exactly average. And America is currently producing more fossil fuels than any nation at any point in the history of the world.
Speaker 2: So insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's hard to see how where the energy emergency is coming from. And this just just a reminder that scientists, the scientific consensus was that like we need to do I mean, we've needed to do something unprecedented for a while now, but we definitely need to now that we're seeing apocalyptic weather everywhere, like we've needed to do something unprecedented to curb greenhouse gases by twenty twenty nine to avoid living the rest of our lives in unending climate catastrophes. Now the biggest economy on the planet is going to be sprinting hard in the opposite direction of what they're saying we need to be doing. So yeah, yeah, that's worth noting. Just feels like time to panic a little bit of that. Also, you know, I keep bringing it up. I don't know, I guess I'm weird. But Elon Musk's full Nazi salute is continuing to get outraged reactions in Europe, mainly where like people art students filled a dummy with trash and like with his, it was like a trash dummy. I hung it right, yeah, with Elon Musk's face on it, and hung it in effigy in the square where Mussolini's body was hung upside down. Germans projected an image of him doing the Nazi salute on a Tesla factory with the words Hail Musk on it. And in America, I'm now starting to hear people say it was taken out of context, so sure, yeah, you know he didn't say Kyle Hitler, so you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course not. I've been what I've seen the video obviously, like all of us and all the mini pictures, which you know, listen, we could talk about it. We need to talk about it, we need to denounce it and everything, but you know, I don't have to keep seeing the actual video of it, you know, like you're good, but I'm okay, I got it the first time. But and I haven't heard what he said about it. But like, the one thing I noticed is, like, you know, Republicans are trying to show other pictures of other people with their hands kind of raised, but then you watch the video, the video out of context, and then his video is it isn't even that his heart his hand was raised like this dude did it with fervor like he had like his face was all like like he did he felt that shit, And that's not from the bottom of my heart.
Speaker 3: Get the fuck out of it, like that your heart out, like like what you're talking about. Like so it's it's crazy, man, it's crazy. And sometimes I don't tell.
Speaker 2: People this often, Jack, but today is the trending episode and I want this to start trending. I wish some of us had had dragon ball Z powers, you know, like like we was Goku, you could be vegeta jack uh. You know, you know, somebody could be Piccolow. But like in dragon ball Z, the rest of the planet doesn't know that they exist for the most part, and so like so that's what we would be. Nobody would know what we would exist and I would keep that the same. But the few people that I would let know I exist are Donald Trump's and Elon Musk, and I would go scare the ship out of them and telling me the change of ways or I'm going to kill.
Speaker 1: You, like I would do that. That would be what my would what I would do.
Speaker 2: And you know, I want, I want, I want, I want like dragon ball Z power death, dragon ball Z.
Speaker 1: Death threats highly fantastical and obviously satire. I don't know, Yeah, I feel like I see people like there does seem to be a reflexive stance in the mainstream that doesn't seem to be like quite recognizing things as being as extreme as they are. Like that that people just seem to think it's going to fix itself somehow. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Like you mean, you mean on a side of people who don't want things to be as bad, or just the median.
Speaker 1: People, just a media in general, like the centrist media. You know, the quote unquote liberal media just seems to be I don't know.
Speaker 2: They treated like we're all over reacting, yeah.
Speaker 1: Or that, Like I don't know, Like the adult thing to do is to be like, where where's he going with this? Like I just saw an article being like Elon Musk's days are numbered, and like, you know, Mega is actually so mad at him for like doing the Nazi salute because that was actually like a bad look for them, and like, so he's actually not going to last very long in Washington. It's like he's gonna last as long as he wants to in Washington. He's so powerful right now now what he's doing is like a fucking tenilarm fire. This whole thing, like all of these like everything that this administration is doing is a tenilarm fire.
Speaker 2: I don't like until he pisses off Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: But even if he does, like what I'm.
Speaker 2: Just saying, in this administration, the only way that like he will be out of the White House. But even if he does, like you said, he still has positioned himself that's so influential in the world of politics, because basically politics is the tech world now and a billionaire class for now it is. And so yeah, he's not going anywhere unless somebody goku's his ass.
Speaker 1: And that's all we're saying. All right, let's take a quick break, we'll come back and talk about some other stories and the Oscar numbs. We'll be right back, and we're back. And I don't know, like you have to squint to find the silver lining, Like one of the January sixth rioterers who got pardoned got immediately arrested again. And I feel like people are like pulling that over them like a little threadbare blanket. But yeah, a guy in Florida who prosecutors alleged attacked police with an explosive device on January sixth, was just arrested on federal gun charges because a gun was found during a search of his home in twenty twenty three, which he wasn't allowed to have that due to previous convictions, including domestic violence, battery by strangulation.
Speaker 2: So do people who get their records or get pardoned, do all their records get this sponged as well. Yeah know that they did. I actually know that is it just like they is it just like the clock has been turned back and they are like nothing happened, Like as far as records go, I don't know, I should find that out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the whole thing does feel like a wish fulfilled, like a Genie wish. People you know, like, uh and actually you're good now crazy, pretend none of this ever happened. I will say, Joe Exotic having a tough time because, uh, he released a statement from prison because he was expecting a Trump pardon and it didn't didn't happen. So you know, we get the word.
Speaker 2: According to Google AI, you still have a criminal history.
Speaker 1: You still have a criminal history. All right, good, yeah, just so we can rest on our laurels there, Joexotic, I will just say yet another uh, you know, victim of the task rabbit assassin rule of thumb, where Brian the editor talked about how task rabbit assassins are, you know, not to be trusted. That assassin probably a cop if you're finding your assassin on a task rabbit where they're not going to be good at the assass.
Speaker 2: And wait there, wait a minute, there's assassins on task rabbit.
Speaker 1: I mean, just like anybody who you're just finding through like it. Oh, okay, you know, I don't know that they're rabbit, but they say.
Speaker 2: That is that is a wild thing that nobody's talking about.
Speaker 1: That's very funny. That's more like yeah, telegram or something like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, like I got you, I got you, I get Yeah.
Speaker 1: Assassin's just like not not really a real thing to be hopes you.
Speaker 2: Would listen, I had one finger on the app store.
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk about some stuff from the world of entertainment.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: So there's a new TV show that is somehow real. It's called FBI Colon c i A.
Speaker 2: So assuming it's a Dick Wolf show, you got it, you know it.
Speaker 1: It's a Dick Wolf show. So there there's a Dick Wolf show currently called f BI, and now they're doing a spin off called FBI Colan Cia, which people have been making fun of as like the most CBS show ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it also logically just doesn't make sense. That's like, especially because all you had to do was just like change the fucking punctuation, Like you can make it a slash and it would make more sense, but having to be a colon yeah, somehow indicates that the CIA is a part of the FBI.
Speaker 1: The CIA is in the FBI, it is not because at all this point like this, the shows that do this are like c s I and then CSI Colon Miami, CSI New Orleans, Chicago, Fire, Chicago whatever. What are the other Chicagoan's.
Speaker 2: Hospital me deep mad or whatever?
Speaker 1: But I think it should be called Chicago Colon Hospital, Chicago Colon Hospital. But yeah, this would be like if the Chicago spin off was like Chicago Colon New York. You say, yeah, it doesn't. Yeah, it offends me more as somebody who you know, took a logic class in college. Like it's just like it should be like the easiest answer to dismiss on a multiple option logic test. You know, it's like, well it's clearly not FBI Colon CIA. That's definitely not the answer.
Speaker 2: These are the people. This, This is where entertainment is going right now, which is why I feel so dire, like where a show like this can get made. And like grammar errors, yeah are not just like on a commercial or in a script. It is literally the show's title is a grammatical error, like yeah, and that means one of two things. It either means you were too stupid to fix it or you actually think this is going to make sense, and which is even scarier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, also a missed opportunity.
Speaker 2: Like I would like love if it was like called the Federal Bureaus Central Intelligence, Like yeah, it's a cool name, like yeah, and like you know maybe, because then that that indicates, like there are some people in the FBI who might also have a little hand in the c I A. Sure, No, it's our it's our own central intelligence. Let me write this, Dick, what are you at, Dick?
Speaker 1: What the fuck? Dick? Turn turn turn your turn, your volume up to eight, hire me. You could just do it with the like with the same font, just do the same. Like there's a show called FBI. Now there's a show called c I A and you call it from the creators of FBI, CIA, from the creators of FBI. You know, yeah, crazy, we should write TV jack, FBI CI or c I don't know. There's a way to write it that I feel it could be fun, but anyways, it can't. You can't do the calling. Guys. We'll put a writer's room together and get you a new title by Monday if you just reach out to us.
Speaker 2: You see the tweet with all the different uh FBI universe. Yeah, FBI s a FBI d m V.
Speaker 1: Yeah. People are pointing out it really feels like a thirty rock joke, you know. Brian has suggested FBI DEI as like a really interesting one. Briand the editor on a roll. All right, speaking about a roll, the Oscar Noms came out, and as I had predicted, Amelia Perez is cleaning the fuck up. It is like just I don't know. The second I saw I was like, oh, the Academy is going to fucking love that, and it's going to be very embarrassing for a lot of people. So both it and The Brutalist are like the top non generating films of the year, and they're both somewhat Yeah, Wicked's right in there.
Speaker 2: Listen, I've not seen Amelia Perez. Yeah, I didn't even really know what the fuck it was about. I'm seeing what it's about now. Mexican cartel leader who gives gender affirming surgery. Yeah, it's like makes it sticky to say, it looks like a piece of shit.
Speaker 1: It's a musical it's I wouldn't say it's like a piece of shit. It is like a big, messy, complete mess. It's a movie about an important issue, made by and four people who have thought very little about that issue, that which does seem to be something that the Academy seems really interested in, Crash being the number one example. But you know Driving with Daisy, green Book, you know, Driving Miss Daisy won Best Picture the same year that Did the Right Thing came out. Green Book won against like Black Panther and Black Clansman, And I don't know. The music numbers are wild.
Speaker 2: Every single clip I've seen for it, I have thought it's been a joke. I'm not even gonna lie to every and like and I'm a look listen. I grew up in theater. I love Wickeed, I love the stage play. I enjoyed the movie. Whether you like it or not, I'm not here to argue that. But if you put a song from Wicked and put it side by side to a song that I've seen, at least, I've not seen a movie. And I'm sure somebody out there may say, Jackist the movie is actually good, and maybe I'll give it a chance. But the clips I've seen you put them side by side, and to say that that one at the Golden Globes over Wicket as far as best musical in comedy was insane to me. It looks wild and like you said, a lot of people, I've heard no nothing good about it from people like us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is mind boggling. I think it's worth watching for anybody who's curious because it is like a type of musical that I've not really seen before. It is a wild swing at like addressing something that they just like haven't thought through enough. The filmmaker, who is French, didn't research much about Mexico before starting production, even though it's like a movie about Mexico and Mexican characters. He said. He said, what I had to understand I already knew a little bit.
Speaker 2: Oh man. What I needed to know about Mexico I already knew was just going off VI baby. They like tacos and the flag has three colors? What else do you need to and also guns.
Speaker 1: He did the same amount of research that somebody who's like researching the production of a taco bell commercial would do in Mexico. Crazy, but the brutalist is getting we talked about how The Brutalist is getting some pushback for it like basically corrected a bunch of the accent work in the movie, specifically like Adrian Brodie's Hungarian accent were get like fixed it with AI, and people are like, isn't that supposed to be like acting's job. They also like, the movie's about an architect and like the architecture consultant used Generative AI to create three buildings that are used in the movie that were then like redrawn by an illustrator. But it's just I don't know, there's a backlash to that, which I feel like that's where I like I would focus things like there are people whose job that feels like specifically a job is being lost. Like there's so many great artists and illustrators in Hollywood in the film industry that could have drawn that for you, and instead you like hired a consulting firm that used AI to just like fire up three things, yeah, and then like you redrew it, which feels like exactly what writers and you know, other people were worried was going to happen with how scripts are and where you just like have AI do a draft and then instead of hiring like a great artist. You hire some writer just out of college and pay them very little to do a polish on the script. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, hey, man, listen, I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: Jack.
Speaker 2: The reason I struck for all those months was to just hang out in the sign with my friends.
Speaker 1: That's what I heard. Yeah. And then the reason it ended was because you were just you were like, oh, I kind of want to get back to work.
Speaker 2: I love working so much work. And also that you know the saw was going down sooner. Yeah, so it's not as fun in Daylight Savings.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I don't know, but anything else jump out to you. The substance is like a movie that I did not like this year, but I'm happy to see get nominated as much as it did because it's not the type of movie that usually gets nominated by a woman. But yeah, Anora did well as well. Yeah, Wicked did well.
Speaker 2: I've not seen many of the movies ever nominated. I'm not gonna lie to you, and I will. I'll watch them. I'll watch a little, I'll watch some more. I should say. You know, I saw Inside Out, to and Wild Robot and Animated Field. Yeah, those were fun. But like, I'll watch a couple more, But as far as the nominations go, nothing is really standing out to me outside of just my favorite the thing that I saw that I liked the most out of all of those, which was Wicked, which I know is not gonna win.
Speaker 1: But yeah, shout out to.
Speaker 2: Cynthia and Ariana Grande or getting their noms. John Chu should have been nominated for Best Director for that. Yeah, and we'll see. I am off the train that they should not hold the Academy Awards this year since you know, over forty thousand acres of our city has burned down. But if we're gonna hold it anyway, we'll see who's gonna win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems like they are. It seems like they were like, sh we're we're not talking.
Speaker 2: About don't tell anybody, don't tell anybody, don't I'll all your body. The city is still on fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it is a big, big fire burst out in north of Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just yesterday, last night and one earlier in the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, those are some of the things that are trending. Go buy tickets to Jaquise's shows at SF sketch Fests this weekend, and Jaquith, thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 2: Go tell Jack how great he is in his DMS.
Speaker 1: Yeah do That's sounds like a great use of your time. All right, that's gonna do it for us on this Thursday afternoon. We are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get your vaccines, get your flu shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will hockey all tomorrow. Bye.