Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it is Wednesday, August twentieth. I'm coming on now so you all can hear my continuation of a shouting match I've been having with a twelve year old child for the past hour. What could I, a forty eight year old grown ass man, be arguing with a twelve year old child about and allowing her to shout at me about. This is what we're arguing over, Team Conrad or team Jeremiah. And with that, welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ. This is a amuless edition of Amy and TJ because she happens to be out of town right now and I'm holding it down and watching the show called The Summer I Turn Pretty and everybody's heard of it because it is an absolute phenomenon right now, and it's in the middle on the back end of its third season now a few weeks before the season finale. But this is all everybody's talking about. And are you with Conrad or are you with Jeremiah? Now, I am not going to explain that to anybody. If you know, you know, I'm not going to give you a whole backstory and get you caught up on what this show is. Why it's a big deal who Conrad is, who Jeremiah is, and who Belly is. If you don't know, figure it out. But right now, folks, this is such a deal in society and in the zeitgeistuff you will, a pop culture. This show is a phenomenon that I a forty eight year old black man am arguing with his twelve year old daughter about what some fictional white kids are doing in Massachusetts during the summer. And that's where we are. So no, Robot is not here for this. You know who's here. Please introduce yourself, Saben. Yeah, Sabine Holmes. This is the one I've been arguing with my twelve year old child. Team Conrad Bean or team Jeremiah.
Speaker 2: I'm with Jeremiah.
Speaker 1: Why this is a problem for me? We are arguing, We are literally shouting at each other about which one folks should be on board with. Have you wrote Robes been been with Jeremiah the whole way?
Speaker 2: Well, only through the first season so far. We're only two episodes into the second season, but so far and with Jeremiah.
Speaker 1: I should give that clarity, folks. We are arguing over a show we're not even up to date on it. We have seen, you know what, I'll be fair, I've seen like one episode of the first season and two or three episodes of the second season, and we're on what episode three of season two two right now, and this is where we are. Why? What is your I am very much solid in the team Conrad camp and you you were if you always You'll can see her. She is, her body is, she's gyrating. She is so uncomfortable and pissed at me for liking Conrad. What's your problem with Conrad?
Speaker 2: My problem with Conrad is that I think I think he's just not very interested. I there was a time on the dock where they kissed or almost kissed, and the next day he kind of was dismissive and acted like he didn't remember that happened.
Speaker 1: Are so okay? Your thing is you don't think Conrad is as into her as Jeremiah is into her? Is that it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think Jeremiah has been trying harder for the first season.
Speaker 1: He's been trying harder. Now I have to ask, does it have anything to do with the how the two of them look. You're twelve, your girl, you might be a little hey, this one's a little cuter than that one is I have anything to do with it. I can't believe he's asking my daughter this freaking question. No, No, that has nothing to do with it.
Speaker 2: No. My only problem with Conrad is that he does not like he's putting as much effort as That's it. That's my only.
Speaker 1: Okay, See, I like Comrade is just cool. He's chill. He's a little older mate. I just like, I don't even understand it. I haven't seen enough of the show, really, but I am solidly with Conrad.
Speaker 2: But you your only reason is that you think it's he's just cooler.
Speaker 1: I just he.
Speaker 2: Does doesn't have anything to do with being better for belly. If you have someone who isn't very interested in you, that's not a good partner.
Speaker 1: But who says he's not interested you do? Okay, it just.
Speaker 2: Looks like it just feels like he's not interested.
Speaker 1: Okay, what issue? Okay, this is the part I did see. I did see the end the season finale of season one. They were at the debutant ball. Why is that not a moment? You all were telling me about it before the moment happened. Oh it's so sweet. She got left at the debutante ball and Conrad came to the rescue. Oh okay, so why are we letting him ride on? That?
Speaker 2: Wouldn't any best friend do that for their friend.
Speaker 1: You're not giving him credit for that as a romantic gesture.
Speaker 2: Not really.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's just hating on Conrad.
Speaker 2: Now I'm not hating. I'm giving him. I'm giving him. That's sweet. I'm giving him giving him like was the applause for that? But I just feel like any good friend would do that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we're talking about this, folks, I full del I have heard of the show. I've seen the previews. I've seen. Of course, I'm on Amazon Prime, so it's up there for the previews. And the season is that. I never had any interest in watching this show, and then all of a sudden, Robot's daughter able one day, it's talking to me about it. Now I watched it. She was telling me something, so I watched the first few minutes. I said, oh, this is not my thing. I'm not into it. Let me move on, all right. Days later, whatever, Robots starts to watch a little bit, and next thing I know, there are more conversations about it. And now I'm running into more people and everybody's talking about it. And now I'm hanging out with Sabine and she is now blowing through and streaming the season right, totally blowing through this thing, and here we are. It's amazing how these shows and as many of you all know, become the phenomenon that they are. I guess Love Island was the last one. I guess the last of us were talking about shows like White Lotus. They're just a handful of these that become these talkable and just cultural moments, to the point that, yes, I am pretty sure, Robes, I keep calling you, Robes. I'm pretty sure, Sabine. When they did this show and we're putting it together, their target audience was not me. They were not thinking that, you know what, late forties black guys, they're gonna love this, love it. But it says something, does it not? That a show has me engaged in such a way, Who has me fired up in such a way, Who has me literally arguing with his daughter over these two dudes in a fictional show, to where I'm actually getting upset with you in the living room, Like, how can you think that? Of course not Jeremiah, of course, nobody want what is that olive skin? Whose skin is that beautifully olive? And eyes that beautifully blue? Nobody's like that. I can't get on board with that guy. He is gorgeous. He is gorgeous. We'll give him that, But so is Conrad. Why are you making any eyes.
Speaker 2: The point of a love triangle? It's usually, yeah, what's better for the girl. It's usually two guys and it's what's better for the girl.
Speaker 1: This is what we're doing.
Speaker 2: So no, your reasons are, oh, he's he's cool.
Speaker 1: I like him. Doesn't that have Okay, we have to allow for that. But to your point, go ahead, No, No, to your you were making a good point there, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying I think it's more of what's better for belly instead of what you think of one guy.
Speaker 1: So I'm supposed to be taking this assignment seriously, and I'm supposed to be looking out for what's best for belly. Is what you're telling me. I mean, what was the other one, the the werewolf thing, the light Twilight? Okay, same kind of scenario. Was it not that we're all team this or team that for who's best for the girl? Did you you didn't watch those? Did you know Okay, So we don't have anything to say on that one. So we do know based on friends we talked to that third season of Summer I Turn Pretty, there is a wedding, Yes, and the wedding is Jeremiah and Belly and Belly. You're happy with that.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, But I know a lot of people who watch the Summer I Turn Pretty, and a lot of them keep telling me Conrad's gonna get better, like you're gonna you're gonna like him later.
Speaker 1: So you're leaving open the possibility that there are things that could happen, Yeah, that you could that could turn you around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like maybe throughout the season, maybe I would prefer Conrad.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now there's one knock against Conrad that you've given us, which you said, he doesn't seem to be as into her. He hasn't really shown himself. Is there anything else about Conrad that you don't like? Is there anything else you can point to pinpoint, even if you don't like his haircut, even if you didn't like that song he's saying at the funeral, whatever it is, can you point to any other thing about Conrad aside from that one thing that you don't like?
Speaker 2: Not really because I believed I think Conrad is very mature. But I think it is a big factor that Conrad is actually into Belly, that he is actually.
Speaker 1: Locked in, like Jeremiah said, Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry Jeremiah, or whoever she ends up with, I think it's more important that she is whoever it is, is more into her.
Speaker 1: Ah, this is so interesting here from a twelve like you, You're looking at this relationship and looking at those two as well. He's the guy who is going after her more, putting in the most effort. He seems to be the most desperate or wants it desperate nothing right? Would you get what I'm saying. He's going after her, He's putting his heart out there. He's showing clearly what he wants and to you, for you, that means that's the guy for her. Okay, let me ask you this question, what does Belly want? In your opinion? Now, if we were judging who's right for her based on how they behave your answer is, Jeremiah, who should she be with based on how she behaves? All right, we pick up the conversation here now talking about what a lot of you all are talking about right now. Is Conrad and Jeremiah. Who should Belly end up with on Summer I Turn pretty seems wild as hell that I am talking about this show that I had to do with literally high schoolers, coming of age story if you will, and a love triangle, but it is what everybody's talking about, and I end up in an argument with my twelve year old daughter, like passionate, we don't fight about anything. I don't fight with my twelve year old daughter. You know why, because she respects that I'm the dad and I'm the parent. We don't have anything to argue about. So why is she yelling at me? You were literally be what made you comfortable enough to yell at me over this show?
Speaker 2: I'm passionate, but it was all in fun.
Speaker 1: But we were passion I'm yelling back, like, how could you think that about Conrad? So the question was, yes, we know that you think Jeremiah should be the guy. Based on the behavior of Jeremiah and Conrad, he is clearly more into Belly. Yes, so that's the one she should pick. But now let's pick for Belly based on how Belly has been behaving and acting in her emotions towards the two guys. Now, who's your choice? Whose team are you on? Now?
Speaker 2: Well, so Belly has said that she's liked Conrad since she was ten years old. Okay, so if she I think also deep down she still likes Conrad.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: So maybe if maybe she wants Conrad more and maybe that's better for her. But also Conrad is more mature, I think, and that could I don't know, maybe rub off on her because Conrad. Sorry, Belly, she is honestly a bit of the problem. Because Belly, she has been going from Jeremiah to Conrad, Conrad to Jeremiah the first season and a bit of the second season, and I just think maybe she needs someone who's mature and comes with longer, a longer lasting relationship.
Speaker 1: Boom. But you hear folks, she's team Conrad. I heard it. Did y'all hear it? That's what I heard? No, let me clarify, please, So your team, you think, Okay, here's that's a better way to put it. You actually think Belly, from where we are on the show, might prefer Conrad.
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Did you advise her to follow her heart?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: You would advise her to follow your advice, yes, and stick with Jeremiah. Yeah, what do you think? And again, no, let's not talk about it. And I remind you here, folks, we are only sorry about the hiccups there. We are only up to season season two, episode what three? Okay, we're gonna have to cut this off before sweetheart, sweetheart, I'm talking to you, Jesus Christ. We debated about doing this episode, and we were delayed in doing it because I had severe hiccups that took us at least half hour to get under control. I've been over here drinking water, holding my breath and literally doing handstands while holding my breath, and so being suggested I do the handstand, hold my breath, and drink water from a straw all the same same time. But I know you all learnedo this show. I obviously have to keep watching it. It is a phenomenon, but it is a fun way. Look parents out there, adults, you don't have to be into the show, but it is a very curious way to engage with your kids and to be, I guess, really passionate, passionate about something that actually doesn't necessarily matter in the grand scheme of things of life. But it's a it's an escape, and it's fun and there are relationships that are examined, and it does have to do with adults and kids and relationships with parents and death and grand and just family and all of it and coming of Jesus Christ. You all, I'm not kidding, so sorry about hiccups. Well, we appreciate Uh Jesus, can you sign all from me here to me?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: But really, fuck, we appreciate you as always. Uh, this is a rare robot episode we've done here. But she okay this episode because she knows how much we are all into this. But folks, I hope you've enjoyed watching. We always appreciate your running with us. But for now, I'm TJ. Holmes and I'm home. Sorry, folks, We'll see y'all, say