Speaker 1: Welcome to boss the territory. Ladies and gentlemen. I know I look like a leprechaun here tonight. You know what it's worth it? It is worth it. It feels good to be back in the win column. We couldn't get enough of the winning. We were Okay, we've taken a night off. That's fine, but we're right back to business. Ladies and gentlemen. Red Sox win sixty four here tonight, recon improves the fifty three and forty nine. They're in the second wild card spot. And like we saw many times during that win streak, someone different stepping up every single game. You got a different hero every single game. Roamy the hero here tonight, Roam me my homie with a go ahead pinch hit double here tonight in the eighth inning. Anthony Siegler with a massive night here tonight. This guy was slump, a lumping, slump a lumpin Yeah, I said that slump a upping over the last seven games. After homering against the Mets thirty one played appearances, was only hitting one thirty eight with a three thirty three OPS. The man was struggling. But a massive night for Siegler, going four for five with a homer, two doubles, couple of Ribby's. Man oh man, Anthony Siegler, you needed, you know, the leadoff spot this year has been so inconsistent. You ride these hot waves, right, these hot streaks, but eventually you know they've just died down. So good to see Siegler picking it back up here tonight. SETI with another great night, had a homer here tonight, two for five, couple of ribbis. Listen, SETI. I don't know how much more he has to prove to be considered one of the top players in the game, not just we know this over here in Boston, but across the national landscape coming into today. He's this was before homering here tonight and also with some great defense here tonight. Twenty first overall in Fangraft wins above replacement in all of Major League Baseball. I think he is one of the top all around players in the game. He is proving that the one thing that's held him back over the last couple of years is the bat. But you just see it time and time again this year. He's just having a great year. Jared Duran with a good game. If you feel like you might be getting into a bit of a hot streak for Jared Duran here. We saw some signs about a week ago he's hitting the ball a little harder, and he comes through here tonight when two for four, he got things going in the eighth inning that eventually led to the go ahead base hit, the go ahead running. This one. Good to see Jared Duran Monasterio getting in on the action here tonight, had a sack fly for him. But pitching wise, man oh man, they did not have an easy go here tonight. Pitching wise, this was a battle for the entire pitching staff here tonight. And one more thing with the offense. I'll say this too. You know, yes, the offense did step up late here. That's great to see, but they were having themselves a pretty tough time here tonight. I do want to acknowledge that they had thirteen strikeouts here tonight. They had multiple opportunities to get more across the board. So yes, good to see that they came through in the eighth inning there. Good to see that. But listen, I still think, you know, yeah, here they go with another win here tonight, fifteen at their last sixteen games. You gotta love it, or is it sixteen out of their last seventeen. Well, I can't do the math, but you clearly you kind of just saw it here tonight. We feel like you need that other bat to really help solidify things. Again. Great to see them coming through in the eighth, but you had some chances there along the way that it could have made this night a whole lot easier. But in the end they came through. I gues said for the picturing staff, tough night for the pitching staff. Patrick Sandoval, he lacked the command here tonight. That's now another star where he's not able to make it through five, two out of three. Now he just lacked command. He was very hittable here tonight. A couple of walks while pitches pass balls. He just didn't have the field here tonight. Didn't have the feel Greg heart attack, Greg weissert his back, Ladies and gentlemen, you feel like you got now that was the thing, Like you know, we're like, okay, well, you know they had a couple of chances, you know, throughout the game. But it's all right, we've got a four nothing lead. But Kazuma Okamoto, who was a rumored target for the Red Sox, this past off season. Coming through with a big three rung shot just goes to show you could have a nice, comfortable four nothing lead, but one swing of the back can really change the game. And you got only got a little tighter here tonight. So that also backs the point that we've been saying for a bit you need another bat in this lineup right. One of the would be nice, one of those boppers that can change things just like that. But Garrett Whitlockey ran into trouble in the eighth inning. The Blue Jays were able to tie it. You know, so this was not an easy one here tonight, not an easy one, but they battled, they showed grit here tonight. It's okay. You're gonna have games like this where you're gonna have a ton of strikeouts, not able to come through. Pitching is gonna be weird. But this is a sign of a team that's together. This is a sign of a team that has gotten figured things out. Even on not your best nights, you're still able to come through the win. Overall, a good night for the Red Sox here tonight. We're gonna go over the offense, We're gonna go over the pitching. Bob Nightingale as well with an article this morning talking about the trade deadline. You feel like we're still over what is it now, ten days? Nine days, and you still got a bit to go. I believe I saw a report somewhere that teams are and it's no surprise teams are really holding out as long as possible because there's a lot of teams in the mix that you know right now, it's just a little too tough to really declare what you're gonna do. I feel like we're gonna start seeing more and more motion over the next week or so. It's gonna get hot, but things are starting to bubble a little bit. Bob Knight and go with an article here today. We'll go over that. Let's have some fun here tonight, ladies and gentlemen, and hopefully this is the start of I know, all all the all the funny people out there. They like to say, oh, start a news streak, start a news streak, ha ha, Hey, why not? I still want that twenty game win streak. I was five away. I said after the Colorado flight, it'd be great, let's get twenty straight wins. Save the season, all right? They cable, They got fifteen. All right, so I guess I was a little close, but I want twenty. So let's go nineteen more to go here. Let's get this going. Well, that would be the first time rights. There has to be a team out in the past that's had multiple ten game win streaks in the past. There has to be, right, has to be any historians out there that can help us out. Anyway, let's get this going. If you can't hit the like button, subscribe if you're new. We've got a couple of sponsors here tonight as well, so we'll be taking a couple of breaks along the way. Let's start off, you know, let's go a little back and forth. Let's go a little back and forth here tonight, because the offense they did get things going in the early going. And Anthony Siegler, Anthony Siegler, you gotta love it. Anthony Siegler coming through here tonight, batting lead off here today, going up against Trey you savage, a guy that's got all the potential in the world. He had his way with the Red Sox earlier on in the year, if you remember that, But Anthony Siegler just didn't care.
Speaker 2: Siegler fly ball, right, feel sending man a straum back and it's gone.
Speaker 3: On lead off homer for Anthony. Siegler just said slider didn't have any bite to it. You just sat right out in the middle.
Speaker 1: That's a big part of the yard. Siegler gotta love that. He had a ball that he launched out there a little bit ago. And what was it? Did it fall in for a double? I can't remember exactly, but I remember he was watching one it went out there. He thought maybe he got into one. Well, he got into it here. Good start for the Red Sox here today. Siegler with the home run made it one nothing. You had opportunities for more there Wilson with a bass hit. He stole second mascle with a walk, but then Durble with a k. But that was okay. Third inning came around and like I said, said he having a great year. He was able to come through. Siegler coming through yet again at his second ab had a base hit and here comes Setti by the bagster backs from w oh no, it's a dumbster in event. Ah, all right, let's wait for that ad. I like to play the audio for these clips. I can't show the clips because I hit with a copyright Dave, I have not hit one ad so far. Here we go. Here's the clip.
Speaker 2: Raphaela drops this to left, it will clip the.
Speaker 3: Top of the wall, and it is.
Speaker 1: A home run that jot down in a hurry, ended up being uh, ended up going under review by the umpires. One hundred one miles an hour off the bat. He absolutely cranked it. It hit the legs up there at the Green Monster, so it took that awkward bounce. You knew right then it was a home run, but they're still going to review it. But Seidi getting out on the action, making it three nothing. Red Sox continuing to get off to a good start here tonight. But after that, you know it. You weren't able to get any more here. And he had some other chances, especially in the sixth inning. Wilson with a strikeout, but then Massa with a walk, Durban gets hit by a pitch. Duram with the bass hit, base is loaded. Monasterio comes through with a sack fly that makes it for nothing. You got a nice comfy lead at that point, but then Wong with a base hit to left. Durbin, Here comes mister Caleb Durbin coming home. But then Nathan Lucas with a great throw. I mean you had to make a perfect, perfect throw to get him there. That would have been another run. But good defense from the Blue Jays side. And in the seventh thing, here comes Jeff Hoffman. Siegler continues to have a great night. He gets a double. Will you'd with a walk? Massa gets on from a Vlad error. But then Wilson flies out setting with the ground out and Durban with a ground out back to the picture, So, you know, a more opportunity that could have made this a bit of an easier night. We'll get back to the eighth inning in just a second. We'll go back to the eighth inning in just a second. Let's talk about Patrick Sandoval. Let's rewind a little bit, and uh again, it wasn't it was. It was a labor of a start for Patrick Sandoval. Here tonight didn't have his command, you know, mostly what with the fastballs. Here Tonight threw some off speed, threw some sliders in there, but the spin on the slider was down tonight. Statcast showed it was down quite a bit. I don't know, he just didn't really have the field. Just a lot of hitable pitches for him, missing location, wild pitches, pass balls. First inning a Clement and there was an error from Sandoval as well. Clement ends up getting on. Vlad flies out. He strikes out o Kamoto on a nice slider, but there was a wild pitch. Clement goes over the second a pass ball. Clement goes over to third. He walked kirkd ended up loading the bases and then luckily he got a I think he got a little lucky here against Schneider, change up get him looking fooled him, but he left it right near the top of the zone, like if Schneider swung at that that that could have been some damage right there. So Sandoval got a little lucky on that. He was able to get out of it. Second inning, var Show with the base hit Clement that hit one on the screws to Moda Stereo at short, bounced out of his glove, made a nice recovery, ends up catching it in the air and Monasterio, my goodness. He had a one two three third. Fourth inning, he had to give up a couple of base hits to Kirk and var Show. Fifth inning, Vlad had a couple of doubles there or uh okay, let me let me double check that. That was sorry. Vlad with the bass hit Okamoto with a double, so he was able to work around that. He gets Springer to pop out, and that was it for Patrick Sandoval here tonight four and two thirds, five hits, nolaron runs, so was able to work out of it. But you know, three strikeouts, a couple of walks along the way, not a great night overall, but he did enough here he was able to work around at Guerrero comes in, finishes off the fifth inning, he has a one, two, three, six, and here comes Greg Weiser for the seventh. He'd been good for the last few outings, three straight scoreless appearances. He strikes out Pinango, but then he hits Clement Vlied with a base hit, and here comes mister O Komodo.
Speaker 2: Ruts where they double in the fifth and he trills this one to the deepest part of the park.
Speaker 3: That ball is gone, just like that.
Speaker 2: The Blue Jays all right back at it, cause him out the Kimoto with his twenty third homer.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Greg weisert, listen, you ride these good stretches he has, but then you're run into something like this and this is why I think they listen. We can talk about the bat all we want. We can talk about adding offense all we want. I do think they need to fortify this bullpen. You know, Danny Coolom, you were hoping he was gonna be that that Justin Wilson from last year. I think they need to he need to go get a guy. I think they need to go for a left go for a lefty. But even if they shoot, I mean, man had a couple of guys back there. You know, I was hoping and water Rivera could end up being that lefty, and he got sent back down. So he's got some things to work on. He needs more time at Triple A. But you know, I was hoping maybe stuff wise Rivera could maybe become that lefty. But uh, they need to fortify this bullpen. In my opinion, they got to get that going because Greg Weisert. You know, even with a four run lead, it's like you just don't know what you're gonna get from him. It's he's just too unreliable in my opinion, Jules, you know Weissert. I disagree slightly because Weissert, Holy cow, when he's had his runs, you can't hit the guy, but there's just so many times it's like he is so inconsistent with the command. It's like you don't know what you're gonna get from him. You know, he could be great for a week straight and then all of a sudden he just completely falls off a cliff. So, yeah, Red Sox, let's also go for some bullpen help. And you know, hey, you're talking about even guys that maybe you could bring in for the rotation, you know, give you some innings for the second half. Whatever they do, I don't think it would hurt one bit to add some pitching. Eighth inning. Garrett Whitlock didn't have an easy time either. Lucas with a double off the Monster who left a fastball right down the middle. Var Show with the bass hit. Lucas holds a third. Andre Samentez with a sack fly That makes it four to four. So you got a tie ball game here. But luckily for the Red Sox, they were able to make things happen. We're gonna take a quick break right there. We'll talk about that when we come back. I'll see it in a minute.
Speaker 4: Hey, for the families out there looking for a new path to help your child, succeed. Take a look at K twelve Powered Schools. K twelve offers tuition free, accredited online public education for students in kindergarten through twelfth grade, all in a setting that works for your family. And they've been a leader in online education for over twenty five years, serving over three million families and Todd Father, you've raved about the homeschooling experience.
Speaker 5: Hey, if you're a busy family, K twelve is where it's at. I've had a couple of my children who've been homeschooled. It's a fantastic opportunity for them not only to get better in school, but timely fashion too, and make some new friends. K twelve has every opportunity to make your child better and smarter as they move forward in their academic career.
Speaker 4: See how K twelve Powered Schools can help unlock your child's full potential. Enroll online today at K twelve dot com slash foul. That's the letter K, the number two twelve dot com slash f o u l K twelve dot com slash foul.
Speaker 1: And here come the Red Sox in the eighth inning, Mister C. J. Van Eyke coming in and they just get started right away, Durama the bass hit. Here comes Romy pinch hitting for long forgot to say, Romy pinch hitting to go up against the writing. Gotta love that, and that was absolutely a good decision. Let's talk about Romy, or let's take a listen with mister Romy. If I can find the clip, that would be nice. This isn't the right clip. Hold on a second days introd Oh goodness, gracious, Apple TV? Can we can we? I think the reason we're getting ads is because of Apple TV here tonight. I think that's what's going on here, Holy Cal, I see you in the chat. I'll get to that super chat in just a little bit. Here we go, hold on Apple TV, ruining all of our hopes and dreams. Tonight, here we go. Romy Gonzalz.
Speaker 2: Sentlence to left field, hanging into the corner durand flying around. Second they're waving them home, the through will be cut off and the red Sucks.
Speaker 3: Take the lead.
Speaker 1: Holy Cal. Jared Duran, Jaron freaking Duran that speed listen. He's having the down year, of course, but man, when you get him in that in those right opportunities, it's that skill set that can really make a difference, right all the way from first scoring. You gotta love that. That makes it a five to four game. And here comes Anthony Siegler.
Speaker 2: Siegling to left field Balli's off the monster man will kick off a pinono.
Speaker 3: That'll try another run. What a night for Anthony Siegler.
Speaker 1: Big night for Anthony Siegler. I will also say before we get to the last part here, he is my player of the game for tonight. I'm just I'm gonna make sure I say that now, just in case I forget. I tend to forget about the player of the games. But Anthony siegeler easily player of the game here tonight, four for five with the homer, extra base hits all over the place. You gotta love it. But then here comes Setti. He had a base hit that brings in the lefty Maco. You weren't able to capitalize anymore after that, but that was all you needed. Chapman coming in for the ninth, striking out a couple. Chapman's been a little off. You go back to the Rocky Series. I'll even after the Rocky Series, right, you know, he had that hamstring issue around that time. But you know he's been rough as of late, the walk rate's gone up, the strikeouts have gone down, He's been more hittable. But he looked good here tonight. A couple of strikeouts, strikeouts to end the game on a slider. Red Sox win six to four. You gotta love it, you gotta love it. So let's take a look here. I do know we have a couple of suits. I think we had two super chats in here. Let's see what we got going on and uh, let's get to let's go back from the beginning. Steve is here, what is going on? Steve Wisert is on the shopping block, long game, Steve. I am very surprised this did not include Durant. Oh man, that might be a first from Steve here tonight. But yeah, you know Wdlock, it's interesting. You know they've liked his stuff again for the low leverage spots. I think that's where you put them. But yeah, you know, the more these kind of events keep happening with him, the more you start to wonder how much can you trust him? You know, you know who is Uh, I'm trying to think who could who could he remind me of? I'm trying to think like man ah, I wonder you know, could he end up being I'm pulling up the stats. Remember like Curtis Lescannic back from two thousand and four, Kurtle Scannic. Yeah, I remember he ended up being just like this huge part right with the Red Sox and their comeback against the Yankees out of the bullpen. Can you imagine like Greg Weiser just like ends up being something like that, You know, just man, you know, he was all right in that regular season. He had a three five eight e l RA. But I remember that postseason like he was horrible in those first couple of games. He ended up pitching three games overall, and then uh we had an e l RA over a ten in that series. You give up a few runs. I think that what was it was that the blowout right in Game three? I think he ended up giving up. Was it like Gary Sheffield hit a home run off him? Am I remembering it was a Rod that hit off? It was either a Rod or Sheffield that homered off with Scannick. Is Weisser going to be this year? Is let's scanic? I'm just saying anyway, we'll see what ends up happening with him. But yeah, definitely, definitely some inconsistencies this year, no doubt about it. Uh, taking a look here, we got one about Apple TV. What do we got here? Apple TV can perfectly sync the radio broadcast, but ESPN, who plays every single game, hold on, let me pull that back up, can't figure it out. Absolute treat having the we I audio for the game. Also, Tony s goals. Gotta love it, Tony s goals. I love the Tony Seagulls nickname as very good. I like Sieg's as well, but Tony Sea goals that's a good one too. But yeah, you know it's you know what kind of again, it threw me off here tonight that it was on Apple TV. They have had a lot of the national games this year. That's like, god it, but what is that the fourth one already? You had definitely had one other Apple TV game. You had the one that was on Peacock with the golf tournament against the Yankees. I wasn't able to watch the game until the fourth inning and then Apple TV again here tonight, So yeah, it's a what can you do? What can you do? We had? Oh we got one more super chat from Steve Durant SA tonight. All right, there it is. There's the Nightly Duran's super Chat. Thank you, Steve. Appreciate you. My friend Duran is safe tonight. And hey, hopefully Duran can get hot here. Hopefully you can get hot. And actually, did I see that we had we do We got a new member, Hunter Hicks twenty one sixty three. We got to play the music Hunter, my friend. Thank you for becoming a Monster member. Appreciate that ladies and gentlemen. Memberships are open if you want to stand out more in the chat and just help support the channel. Hey, signing up for a membership gets it also gives you a little little Wally badge right next to you in the chat too, So thank you for coming a member of my Friend. Appreciate you, my friend. I see you in the chat, happy, happy to happy to have been watching for a while. I appreciate you. Man. We've had a lot of people here for a while. I know. I appreciate all of you stopping on by. So we do have another game here tomorrow. Let's get to that one here. And uh, we got a good pitching match up here tomorrow. Wow, I am really just way off here. Holy cow, this camera. So if you always wonder why I'll say this if you always wonder why my camera like seems to be off, I have to every time I am done with the show, I have to. I have my camera right here in front of me, obviously on the tripod. I have to move it every single game. Why Because I live in like this tiny little apartment and uh so, like twenty steps from me is my kitchen. You might not believe me. You might think wow, And Robbie, he's got like Femway Park behind him. He's got like probably this cool look and set up. Nope, right here to me is uh if this is my hand, my arm is fully extended. I am almost touching my bed. I am in a very tiny little apartment. I live in basically a shoe box. So uh, to make to make the beautiful girlfriend happy, I have to move the tripod every single time. So when I put it back, I always put it in the wrong spot and the camera's always off. Anyway, That's that's the story. Where are we? Dylan c Sonny Gray. Very good pitching match up here, Dylan Ceese. I mean, this guy is having a phenomenal year. He is absolutely gonna be getting cy Young votes. And Sonny Gray I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some cy Young votes too. Taking a look at Dylan Cease, I mean, what else is there to say, ladies and gentlemen, He's been great. I mean, looking at the stackcast page, I mean it is bleeding red all over the place. It's this has been one of the best signings from this past offseason. A lot of people thought it was gonna be bad. I was one. I'm not trying to toot my horn, but I just saw, Hey, this is a guy who's always had great stuff, always had great, great strikeout numbers. The Blue Jays, you know, they got a good pitching coach over there, and I was thinking, like, hey, I think they got a plan for this guy. They can figure out a way to add another pitch, then I think that's that could unlock a lot. And that's exactly what they did. They've added a change up here with him this year. The Red Sox have seen him a couple of times, and going back here to the last start on June sixteenth, again, the Blue Jays won that one six to one. You know, looking at the box score from that day, he went five. The command was an amazing for him. The Red Sox weren't able to break through. He only went five innings, he gave up four hits when he walked four. He did strike out seven one hundred and eight pitches, but yeah, the Red Sox just warn't able to figure him out that day. Overall, on the year for mister Dylan cease pulling up the numbers, eighteen starts, E L. Ray at a two point sixty seven, fit at a two point thirty nine. He's striking out over thirteen batters per nine. That's a career high for him. This is gonna be a tough mat shop. And this is like the third time you're seeing him. Maybe that can make a difference. We'll see what ends up happening. But you got Sonny Gray, and I mean Gray has just been amazing. I mean, holy cow. This guy's been rattling off just quality start after quality start after quality start. He's been phenomenal. And his last start against the Rays, six innings, five hits, one earn, give up a home run, had a little trouble with command there. He did walk four along the way, was able to strike out five, but just adding another win to the record. He's got a record at twelve and one this year. I'm not the biggest win lost guy for starting pitchers, but a record of twelve and one, I mean that. That's that tells you a lot. Yeah, alright, A two point four eight fit at a three point six y six Sonny Gray with a great year, now really quick before I move on, Dylan Cees. In his last start, he did get roughed up by the Rays a little bit. Six innings, seven hits, He gave up five runs, three were earned, but he gave up a couple of home runs. So let's see what he looks like here tomorrow. Is he gonna make the adjustments to bounce back from that start? Where do the Red Sox keep things going here? We'll see, But this is gonna be Uh. This is a fun pitching maxshup. I'm a huge fan of these kind of pitching maxshups. Always love to see it. It's gonna be a good one. However, However, before we move on to other business, I gotta go with my daily dinger pick for tomorrow and my pick to hit a dinger. I'm going with will you or Bray? If I gotta go with one guy to hit a dinger on fan Duel I'm going with Willier. Why am I going with Willier? Well, he's been hitting very well as of late. He's seen Dylan Ceaes very well in his career, has an ops over a thousand against him. He's had good success against him and Dylan Cees. What is the main pitch that he throws for seede fastball? Will you or bray you? He's done a lot of damage on four seed fastballs this year, So my pick is Willier. I was thinking about going with Wilson. I feel like this happens whenever I'm thinking about a guy, that guy usually ends up doing what getting the dinger, and then the guy that I end up picking instead doesn't come through. But you know, I'm feeling pretty good about this one. I'm feeling pretty good. I'll go with Willier. If not will your Hey, you feel like Wilson. Uh, it's been a couple of games since he's gotten one. I feel like he's probably due for another one here eventually. So Hey, it's I mean, it's kind of easy if you're picking a guy to go deep for the Red Sox. I think either will You or Wilson is a good bet at this point. I think it's a good bet at this point. I'll be right back.
Speaker 6: Twenty one plus select states for Kansas in affiliation with Kansas Star Casino eighteen plus DC, Kentucky, Wyoming. No purchase necessary, opt in required, bonus issued is non withdrawable profit boost tokens. Restrictions apply, including any token expiration and max wager romount. See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem called one, eight hundred Gambler call one eight hundred my reset one eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven. Visit CCPG dot org, slash chat Connecticut, visit MD gamblinghelp dot org. Maryland visit Gambling Helpline MA dot org. Call eight hundred three two seven five zero five zero Massachusetts call one eight seven seven eight Hope and why text hope and why?
Speaker 1: New York Call one.
Speaker 6: Eight seven seven seven seven zero seven eight six seven Louisiana.
Speaker 1: Alrighty, let's get to it here. We got one more thing to talk about, and uh, that's the trade headline. I mean, we're gonna be talking a lot of trade deadline for the next what is it, ten days or so. We got some business to take care of, ladies and gentlemen and Bob Nightingale. We all love mister Bob Nightingale. He's thrown a lot of stuff out there before, a lot of it's been wrong. He's gotten some stuff. He's gotten some stuff. But time and time again, no matter what he may get wrong, we always just go back to Bob. You know, it's it's it's just the way it is. But he had this here today, had an article on teams that he thinks are going to be the most aggressive at the deadline. He lists the Red Sox at number five. He goes on to say it was just two weeks ago that the Red Sox are preparing to sell Sonny gray A rolled as chabin in maybe first base from Wilson Contreres two fifteen game win streak. Put those plans in the shredder. He goes on to say here they've got plenty of money in the coffers at unloading Raphael Devers last summer, and have no hesitancy acquiring big stars. They made attempts to acquire Angel centerfielder Mike Trout in the past. Funny because we heard something from Felger what was like a couple of months ago. He put that out there, the Red Sox were aggressively looking for a right handed hitter. So was he referring to that? And he goes out to say, and this time they have their eyes on Angel shortstop zach Netto or shortstop CJ. Abrams from the Washington Nationals. They also salivate over the idea of having Shaye Langleiers behind the play. I'm also going to point this sout. I don't know if anyone else has been catching on with Bob Knightingale over the years. He likes to use use these words salivate. I mean he used this one coffers. When did you ever see anyone using the word coffers? I mean, goodness, gracious. Yeah, he likes to use these like buzzworthy kind of like like verbs and adjectives. I don't know. You know, he's a writer, obviously, you know, Hey, it's that's gonna that's gonna get more attention. But you know, aggregators, Uh, when they put that stuff out there, I mean, people are going to click on that like it's crazy. Oh they're salivating. Oh man, that's making me salivate over here. But uh, obviously we talked about zach Netto last night. We got into mister Netto quite a bit, and because we had the report that the Red Sox were uh, they see Neto as a strong fit for the Red Sox. There's been a lot of back and forth. There's been a lot of discourse over Netto since that story. I in the camp where I think he would be a really good fit for the Red Sox. I think there's a lot of that. There are some downsides, of course, but I think for me personally, the pros and the potential outweigh the negatives. The negatives. What are the negatives? Well, the plate discipline has been lacking this year over a thirty percent strikeout right and the defense is very questionable over at shortstop. I do think long term Neto would be a better fit unless he drastically improves something. I think you would be a better fit to either third or second base. He has a good arm, so I think third base tends to be the better option. Personally, if they were to bring him in this year, you wonder where would the fit be. Because story's going to be coming back here eventually. Stories. Let's hypothetically say they brought in Netto, they found a way to get a deal done. I would think personally he would end up moving to second base because story is the vet, and you know he's one of the clubhouse leaders. So you kind of wonder morale wise if it would be better to just have Netto at second, And honestly, that could end up being the better thing for him anyway, I don't know, But again hypothetical here. However, with the offensive profile, yes, play discipline that's got to get cleaned up a little bit. But I will say this one thing. I see people say a lot the strikeouts. Of course, over a thirty percent strikeout rate, that is that's tough to stomach. Now, he's not the type of hitter as a Kyle Schwarber or a Nick kurtz Over in Sacramento. But those guys have over a thirty percent strikeout rate too. Now, like I said, he's not the same as those guys. Those guys hit a lot of dingers and they get on base a ton. So with nett O, yes, high strikeout rate, but you wonder could they maybe clean that up a little bit because they have been able to do a good job at getting the bat on the ball Boar, We've been seeing more bat to ball with the Red Sox than we ever have Over the last few years or so, this has been the best bat to ball Red Sox team I've seen in a while. So maybe they can make some kind of an adjustment with the approach. But despite the high strikeouts, he's still walking at a good rate over ten percent of the time. That's good. That's in the top half of the major leagues. I also look at the swing pull airs swing the guy would mash against the Red Sox. He just hit a home run off Chapman a little bit ago, by the way, I don't know anyone remembers that, so I think with that swing at Femway Park, the pop that he has, combined with the speed that he has, his speed, the aggressiveness that he has on the base paths, the athleticism fits into the Red Sox style of what they're trying to look for the Red Sox. Over the last couple of years, they've been trying to get more athletic. They've been trying to get guys that can play multiple positions, that can run the bases well. That you know you look at again another example of being aggressive on the pace pass Caleb Durbin going home here tonight. We've seen that a lot ever since the new coaching staff came in. Remember the uh eperson, you know, we were all talking about that in the beginning, and so Netto a guy that's got speed that fits into what they like to do. There's a reason the Red Sox have been tied to him going back to the offseason, making multiple calls according to reports this past offseason. There's a reason they're tied to him again. They like the player, they like the profile. We can sit here and argue about it and say it's you know, Coreig Breslo would be stupid to add someone like Netto with the plate discipline, you know, with the defense. Well, they don't seem to care what you think because they keep calling about them. And listen, Craig Breslo over, you know, looks the guy's job looked like it was on the line at one point. And luckily with this turnaround, it's obviously helped. But if you look at all the trades that he's made, how many of the guys that they have targeted, how many of them have worked out a lot a lot of them. Now, Crochet hurt this year obviously, but last year second in sy young, voting Wilson Contreras, a guy they targeted in the early going. They go after him, and look what he's been able to do. Jake Bennett, that is a clear, obvious target for the Red Sox, clear because you look at the profile of pictures. They were adding Peyton Toley for example, and then they go after they do a prospect for prospect swap. So they were clearly eyeing Jake Bennett and look how much that's worked out. There's been a lot of Caleb Durbin obviously over the last couple of months or so, has fund finally become what the Red Sox envisioned when they first brought him in. If Craig Breslow pulled off a trade for Nedo and if he is a he's obviously a clear target. Sorry, time and time again, these trades have worked out. I trust them if they feel like that he fits well, and at the end of the day, you can sit here and say strikeouts defense. He's still been a three and a half f war player over the last couple of years despite the negatives, and he's only twenty five years old, so there's there's absolutely more room for growth over the next couple of years. He's not even close to his prime. Just saying now, I'm not saying Nedo is the end all be all. If they went after, say Shaye Langliers, I've lost my graphic. I can't find Shae Langlers. Let me pull up Shae Langlers. I would love a guy like Shaye Langliers. Bangliars, I would love that. Let's pull him up. I'm gonna pull up Jeffers here, but I'm gonna change that. Hey, Jeffers too, if he's available, Hey, I wouldn't mind that. But Langlars, I mean yeah, I would love him. He's been great, He's awesome. I would love that. I mean, just look at the look at this grizzled man. I would love this guy in Boston. He just fits in right away. I mean, look at this guy. He already has the look. But he's having a great year offensively eight twenty ops, twenty three home runs of one, twenty six WRC plus the swing fits Fenmway Park very well too. He also pulls more. He's got a great arm behind the plate. Doesn't move as well as a Carlos Nirvas, but this guy's got a cannon of an arm. Holy cow. He makes up for the lack of blocking throwing runners out. I would love Shay Langliars. The problem that I've said multiple times though, is are the A's going to move him? I don't know. I don't know if they're going to move him. They don't need to. That's a team that is on the cusp of being a contender if they just add some pitching. Yeah, he's going to be a free agent in a couple of years. But they're trying to win ball games over there. That's something that we need to remember, ladies and gentlemen. Teams want to win. And when you got an Oakland I did it again. Sacramento A's team that is trying to win. They're trying to get into this window. Giving up Langliers is not going to help you. Now it's different like you think, oh, the Angels, you know, if they want to win too, why would they trade Netto and Detmer's and Seriata. Well, the difference is the Angels are way further away the A's are. You know, they didn't just fall into the abyss or a couple of weeks ago. They were still right there in the wildcard hunt. If they just add pitching, They're going to be good. So do they move Langlars, I don't know. They have a couple of years left to try and figure out an extension. I think they would like to keep him and try to work something out, at least try their best to thing they move him unless they get blown away. So but if he were to be available, Yeah, I will love Shay Langliers would love that, seem j Abrams. I would love Abrams too. He's a better fit at second base. Yeah, we talked about Netto moving over to second base, possibly Abrams. He is absolutely a candidate to move over to second base. And people talk about Neto's defense, abrams defense at short is even worse. Holy col like he needs to move over to second base. He's having a great year. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets some kind of, you know, some MVP votes. Honestly, he's really good. Nine oh five ops, twenty four homers, seventy six RBIs, sixteen stolen bases, striking out. You know, it's it's all right, twenty one percent. It's pretty good. He's been great. Now people say, oh, the pole swing that he has, he's a lefty that wouldn't fit Famway Park very well. I disagree. I think he would be really good for the gaps deep right field. I think you could wreck some havoc out there. So I would love Abrams. And hey, the speed that he has, he fits into that aggressive base running style for the Red Sox. But question again, are the Nationals going to move him? Very similar situation, they don't have to move him, and what would that say to the fan base. I mean, the Nationals are still They're hanging way more steady than the A's are. The A's completely fell off. At least the Nationals are still what is it like a few games four games out? So yeah, I would love C. J. Abrams. I would love any of these guys. I'm gonna say it again. Well, I'll say I said it earlier today. I did another stream this morning on my main channel. I want a bat. I just want a good bat. I really don't care who it is. Just give me another bat, whether that's Neto, whether that's Langliers, whether that's Abrams. I mean, shoot Jeffers if he's the guy. Okay, like, give me a bat. This lineup needs one more if you want to be a serious contender. To make a run of the World series, you've got to add one more TD. In the chat, we've talked about this, Jeremy Payne. I don't think he's going anywhere. I would love Jeremy Panya be a great story New England native would love that. I don't think the Astro is gonna move him, but I don't know. And one more thing with Netto as well. And people have said, well, Arius is coming up. Well he's not here yet, so let's first take a look at that. He is not with the Red Sox yet. He just got to Wooster. Look how long the Red Sox left him at Double A. They're very slow with him there. I mean, we're gonna be seeing Arius in the next twenty games or so, I don't know. Probably not. If you see Arius, my guess is you won't see him until September. And I mean, how much are you really going to rely on Arius? We also talked about the scenario as well. It's very hypothetical. You know, you kind of look back to twenty thirteen with Xander Bogart's Will Middlebrooks. We love Will Middlebrooks, but he was struggling. Xander came up. He eventually took over, and he was starting the majority of those postseason games, right, you know, Story, who knows what he's gonna end up looking like coming back from a hernia surgery. That's a lot to ask for a guy to get back to being a very productive player, like coming off a surgery like that. You don't know, So Story's probably gonna need some time. But if it's crunch time and Story is just not hacking it in, it's just not working. And if Arius is hitting well at trip La, do they make a move? You know, like if you bring in Netto at least to me, if you bring in net or Abrams someone for the middle in the field, Luis Arrayes even you have that extra insurance in case Story does not perform, and then Arius is that extra extra insurance. So if the Red Sox get a middle infielder, whoever it is, net O Abrams Arise, you are in a really good spot because you have really covered your butt in case Story is not able to bounce back. And if you do end up bringing in a let's Neto or Abrams Arise wouldn't fit here. If you bring in one of those cost controlled guys and you go into the offseason with one of them Story and Arius. Again, let's see what Arius looks like a triple A. But let's say you got three guys that are gunning for two spots in twenty twenty seven Stories going into the last year of his contract. I would imagine the Red Sox would figure out a way to move on eat some of the contracts. So if you have to do that eventually, then so be it. But I would rather you have good insure Durrance right now to help you win and then you just figure that out later on. So again, netto Abrams Arise, get someone for the middle infield. I think it makes a lot of sense because it's it's it's a lot to ask. It's a lot to ask someone coming back from a hernia surgery. I've told you, I've told you this before. My dad had a hernia surgery back in it was like, I think it was like two thousand and five or like two thousand and somewhere in the mid to late two thousands. He was like, it took him a while to bounce back from that. Even when he was able to go back to work. He's a contractor, so this guy was going on roofs and he was lifting heavy stuff, you know, wasn't like he was just working in an office like. And he played and he played soccer every Sunday. My dad was an avid soccer player. Born in England. My dad has a love for some football. But he took him a while to bounce back from that, even after he was cleared. Still like it took a while. So like with story, I don't know. I hope he I hope he can figure it out and bounce back. It's a lot though, you know. So that's where I'm at with all that. Now again, getting back to the article from Bob Nightingale, I mean, yeah, of course you're gonna be seeing these trade deadline articles all over the place, right, You're gonna be seeing all the buzzwords, all the clickbait. You're gonna be seeing everything. Of course, they want their ratings, they want their clicks. This is their time to make some money, right Hey, just like listen, you know, I'm making content here on YouTube. This is a huge time for me. So yeah, I'm trying to get stuff out there too. But so you know, yes, you are gonna see a lot of this stuff. It's not coming from nowhere like when Ken Rosenthal puts on an article about zach netto, you know, showing a clear connection. Ken Rosenthal is very trusted when he hears stuff like he's not He's not just three kem. Rosenthal is a guy that doesn't just throw stuff at the wall, like everything he hears. That's kind of like what a lot of these reporters do. They hear everything and they just throw it everywhere. Right, Rosenthal is a bit more conservative there, like he's not gonna put everything out there. So when he puts something out like that, that that is something so I uh I really you know again, but you know, you look back to the last couple of deadlines Craig, you know hasn't worked out exactly. Hopefully those are building blocks towards something good here. Vibes are very good right now, and you feel like this is a really good time for to be able to come through with something. But also remember it's not just Craig. It's the entire front office you have. I've told you all this before. It's not just Craig on the phone. Multiple people in front offices assisting gms, different scouting directors. They will make calls too, right, people, different people know different people, Craig. It's not just Craig sitting there in his office making all the phone calls right. It's a collaborative effort in any front office. So obviously Craig is the one that signs off on everything right. But hopefully over the last couple of deadlines, those are building blocks to something good here, and hopefully they've learned from experiences there and they get something done. You feel like this is a really good chance to get something accomplished. We'll see if they do it. We'll see if they can do it. I don't know. I don't know if it's this wind streak and all the magic in the air as of late, the good baseball it's gotten me hoping, it has gotten me hopeful it really has. Man. I really hope I'm not setting myself up for just another We all saw you were all here. When I reacted to dustin May last year. I was not a happy camper. If you joined me on my all day live stream last year, I did not react very well to that. I was not happy about it. I hope I'm not setting myself up for something like that. But I feel like in my gut, my gut tends to be right. More often than not, it's definitely been wrong. But man, I feel good about this one. I hope I'm not wrong. We'll see what they end up doing. I will say this, even if they don't end up getting a big name like Netto or Abrams or Langleiers or whatever, I feel like they're they're going to get someone because it because again you go back when they were just in an awful place and they're still making phone calls for a right handed hitter. Well, well, at least you can say they've already made some phone calls, you know, you can say maybe they've gotten ahead a little bit, They've already started some conversations, so maybe that ends up helping. Here. We'll see really quick. I do believe we had a couple of more super chats. Let's see what do we got. Let me pull up here the hold on a second. I can never find the buttons that I need. There's the button that I need. Here we go from Paul. Do you think the Tiboni connection helps or hurts in terms of getting abers? I think it can only help. It can only help. I mean, they've already made a trade. Jake Bennett, Well, you kind of wonder. From Tiboni's point of view, he's like, might not want to make another trade with the Red Sox. I mean, Luis Parles, I think is actually doing okay. Man, if you could you imagine if the Nationals had Bennett. And then again, though, who knows if he'd be doing the same thing. Right the Red Sox they brought him in and they utilized their pitching development with him, so who knows if that would have been the same thing with the Nationals. You just never know. But actually, how is Louis Paralis doing? Let me see, I feel like he's doing okay. Last time I checked, Yeah, he's doing all right. He's got a three point sixty seven ERA. The strikeouts, oh wow, his command is way off. He's got forty walks and sixty six k's. That's actually pretty crazy. He's got an era under a four. Wow. What is that? When it comes to walks per nine, that's a high number.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow. That strikeout to walk ratio is not good. I mean I already saw it there. But the k to nine, the walks to nine, eight strikeouts per nine, about five walks per nine. That strikeout to walk ratio, that's not like a good well, the Red Sox are definitely ahead in that trader right now, So I don't know, does A does to Bony look at that and like I'm not gonna I'm not making another trade with the Red Sox. I already feel pretty bad about that. It can only help, though, I mean again, like I don't. I think a lot of the times we underestimate connections within the baseball world. Right, you see time and time again, these teams, right, like the Pog's Rays, they've made multiple trades, like with the Rays and the Marlins, right, you've seen those connections time and time again. I know there's other examples, but like other you see that teams. You know they've made multiple trades with each other. So you know, those connections, those relationships that they build behind the scenes, they can matter. And that's why I also wonder with the Angels, if there could be a trade with the Cardinals at some point, like John mos Ala coming from the Cardinals handing over the reins to him. You know, could there be something there. It's it's gonna be interesting, It's gonna be interesting, but it can only help. Just to answer your question, I believe did we have did we have another members sign up. We did have another. Oh, we had two new members sign up from Swagoo thirty three and NTC Lunch No Trade Clause Lunch. Is that the name no Trade Clause Lunch? If that's what it is, I love that. I don't know. I don't know what the lunch part means, but that makes me laugh internally. So we're gonna play the music. Thank you to swag You thirty three and NTC Lunch. Thank you for coming members, my friends. I appreciate you. I appreciate you. Oh, we also had one hundred likes. Man, oh man. We're ending on a good note here tonight, ladies and gentlemen, but I do want to thank all of you for coming out. We are going to wrap it up right there. Thank you everyone coming out here tonight. We had another great show, right around three hundred people the entire time. We had a lot of members coming out here tonight. Gabe in the chat, Paul, thank you so much. Hunter Hicks, thank you for coming a member as well. We had some super chats here tonight. Thank you to those as well. Any other members that I saw coming across here tonight. Paging Doctor Crutch got to love that. Thank you for coming out, my friend. What other members have we had? I do want to make sure I shout out all of you, Red Sox, die Hard, he was here, He's always here.
Speaker 7: Gotta love that.
Speaker 1: That's all the members i'm seeing. That's all the members i'm seeing. P one Pat been on your channel for a couple of years now. It's been great stuff. Thank you, my friend. Hey, we're just trying to have a good time here, and luckily they got the season turned around. I'm thinking, holy cow, man, we had some momentum coming into the year, and now we're gonna be sellers of the deadline. We're gonna be getting no one coming out of the postgame shows, and thank goodness they got it turned around. Man. They made my life a lot easier doing this every single night. So TD twelve eighty eight, Robbie, any comments on Passing Passing Chapman Scoop, What is that? Did Passing just tweet? Did I miss something? Passing just tweeted? Let me see what did he say? I'm not seeing a tweet from Passing? Oh your report over two days ago? Oh? Was that his article the top one hungurd candidates? I did I did see that report the White Sox and the Red Sox. Did he say is this the right article? Is this the right article?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Where was this? I'm sorry, I'm trying to find the article. Or did he report this on like? Was it on TV? Because he's been on TV a couple of times. Anyway, he said it almost happened. I mean, listen, if you are, if you're the Red Sox in that position that they were in and you got a White Sox team that is looking really good, I'm not surprised at all that a trade could have happened. Not surprised. I mean, look at where you were. The Red Sox thought someone in that front office said give it a little bit more time, like someone, and that definitely could have been Craig obviously right. And good thing they did. Good thing they did, you know, And like I've said a million times, could they still get creative? Listen, I am open to anything and everything. I don't get surprised anymore. I used to like always go with this mindset of like, Nope, that's not gonna happen, right, there's no way that'll happen. And I still do that sometimes, but I try to be open to everything. I wouldn't be surprised at whatever happens at this point. Listen, after Rafi got traded, I'm not surprised anymore. I'm just not like it's I'm just not so we'll see what ends up happening. But I don't think. My guess is Chapman is gonna end up staying. You look at the clubhouse morale and how he's how obviously he's one of the leaders of the team. I think right now, you don't get creative with someone like Chapman, could you. Yes, I wouldn't put it past the you know, Craig in the front office doing something. But I'm not surprised if the White Sox were getting close. So but anyway, I'm out of here, ladies and gentlemen. I'm gonna wrap it up right there. If you can on the way out, hit the like button subscribe if you're new. Game time tomorrow is at four to ten Eastern time. We'll be here around seven pm Eastern time tomorrow. I'm out here. Everybody, go enjoy the rest of your night.
Speaker 7: I'll see you tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Na