Speaker 1: This is an emergency episode. It's not a bonus. I don't even know what to call it, but it's an emergency over recording. Hello Andrew, hi Ski. All right, so listen, I hate you. I love you, but I hate you.
Speaker 2: I just want it to be known that when this is in post production and you didn't hear what happened and the reason why Scott is laughing, Scott was being a jerk, that's all.
Speaker 1: No, I'm never a jerk. Yeah you are ever, Yeah, you are all right. So, like the show was on vacation for what two weeks? Yeah? Okay, So here's what happened in those two weeks. Yeah. I got two different tweets from listeners of the show, and I'm doing my best to try to find out their names because I want to give them credit because I do appreciate it. Pierce Pierce, Yeah, and the other guy was James. They both pointed out to me that Rice Crispy treats cereal. The recipe has changed, what what you know and love is no more what So you're gonna have to go to all the supermarkets and buy up all the old old stock before the new stock comes in.
Speaker 2: See what my understanding from the tweet was was that the old Rice Krispy Treats is still available. This is a version.
Speaker 1: Oh no, sir, no, sir Bob.
Speaker 2: This isn't fair.
Speaker 1: So I know we already did Rice Krispy treat Cereal a couple of episodes ago. It was actually titled Andrew's Favorite. It is my favorite, it was your favorite? Ohit, you know what, maybe hold on, you know what, let's give it a chance, because I have both the old and the new in the cereal sack for this emergency bonus. Must let you know about an episode of Serial Killers.
Speaker 2: Brush the moths off of the old Rice Krispy Treats from bringing it back out.
Speaker 1: No, it's not old. They still have. It's still in some stores before they restock it with the new recipe. So I did reach out to Kellogg's for comment. However, I got an auto reply that said that they're very busy, high volume of emails, and they were not able to respond at this time, but they will, so as soon as I hear back from Kellogg's, I'll keep you posted as to what they say. Perfect, all right, So now we all know that Rice Krispy Treats came out in the nineties. It was in the tealbox, went away for a bit, came back a few years ago in the pro box, Snap Crackle, pop everything. It's broken up little pieces of Rice Krispy tretes. I'm sorry, I'm talking fast because it's all right. Hold on, I'm gonna go into the cereal sack. Okay, yeah, I didn't have any sugar yet today. I'm just letting you know. Hold on, I went down.
Speaker 2: It makes me so sad that they changed it. Like who it was, you know who it was, Biff. Biff the intern was like, I don't like the shape.
Speaker 1: They probably listened to me and changed it because I said that marshmallow Crispies was my favorite cereal when I was a kid.
Speaker 2: Well, I hate that they listened to you. Why can't I get what I want?
Speaker 1: Well in any event, So look, here's the two boxes. So on the old box on the left, Rice Krispy Treats with snap Crapple Snap no, no, we're keeping this in Snap Cravele Pop with snap, crackle and pop. The word treats is actually written out in Rice Crispy.
Speaker 2: Treats Altricious Rice Chris's treats.
Speaker 1: And look they're tossing around Rice Crispy treats like there's no tomorrow. They were so good you could crackle, just talk. He's he's juggling Rice Crispy treats and marshmallow.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna like this new one. And I'm gonna tell you why why, Because the beauty of a Rice Crispy treat is that the marshmallow is already mixed in. Don't give me some bland ass Rice Crispy. Throw some marshmallows in it and call it a day.
Speaker 1: I think before you complain about it, we should try. Yeah, so we're gonna go. We already did it. We did this. Yeah, I don't even remember how many bulls we gave it. So let's redo it anyway for this episode. By the way, I like I told you, I haven't really been feeling well lately.
Speaker 2: You never feel well.
Speaker 1: You're a hypochondria this time, I really think, and I don't take it lightly.
Speaker 2: You never take it. You got poked in the eye and went to the emergency room and was like, yeah, my doctor told me it's gonna be a couple of weeks before I have clear vision again. You got poked in the eye.
Speaker 1: No, my corny got scratched.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you what I think it is this time?
Speaker 2: Oh? God, I beat us.
Speaker 1: Yes, sound look, I'm not making fun, but my extremities are hurting and every time I eat sugar I have problems. So the podcast will continue on because I love you guys, so I'm doing it for you. I'm just hoping I don't have to start giving myself insulin shots at some point. So between the bowls, I do have a physical on the way, so I'll let you know how that goes.
Speaker 2: That reminds me I actually have to schedule my physical. I haven't gotten four years.
Speaker 1: Really. No, see this this is a fresh box. This is a it's good till January twenty twenty. So even though you know this is the old recipe, it's still on store shelves and some spots. We were alerted to the fact that some targets and walmarts have the new one.
Speaker 2: Targeting has the old one, or at least the one in Jersey City does.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we'll meet you in Jersey City. Here we go. The rites Krispy Treats old originally to me original formula or recipe, whatever you want to call.
Speaker 2: It is Crapple, the brother that nobody likes.
Speaker 1: If you notice I poured myself a light cup, you got heavy because this is your favorites, Andy.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I'm so only gonna have one spoonful of it?
Speaker 1: But should I do both of them like side to side so we can inspect before we try? Now I think yeah, I think we should. This is a different kind of episode. Well, it seems like it's your episode, so well the rules. We've already tried these, so oh, here we go. This one needs the Scottie shake because there are different things inside.
Speaker 2: Pisses me off.
Speaker 1: This new recipe is just rice crispies with many marshmallows, and that's stupid. No, it's not. It is if do you remember the red box? You know, when you were born, what.
Speaker 2: Year nineteen ninety one?
Speaker 1: Right, They may have been discontinued by that, but when I was a kid, marshmallow crispies was in a red box and it had colorful marshmallows, and it was just rice crispies with marshmallows, and it was delicious. This does not smell that way.
Speaker 2: Let's see okay, okay, I don't like the way it sounds. Rice Crispy Treats has the distinctive like plumbing sound. Yeah, heavy pieces. This to me is just oh these okay.
Speaker 1: No, hold on. Maybe they figured that you weren't supposed to eat Rice Krispy treats for breakfast.
Speaker 2: Well, half the things that we eat are eat shouldn't be had for breakfast. But that doesn't mean you just continue it. These marshmallows are weak weak in the new Rice Krispy formula. This is the size of a pencil eraser.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's how they were. They were many. These are many marshmallows. I don't like it all right, stand by, here comes the milk going down to the refrigerator. Dumb ass, pay if andy check it out. It's a two milk low fat. A two. When you want milk, think a two.
Speaker 2: Oh are we trying to get a sponsorship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not gonna pay.
Speaker 2: I love the taste of a too milk.
Speaker 1: Well, actually, this is actually kind of cool. It says it's easier on digestion. It's not lactose free, but for some reason they like they take something out of it.
Speaker 2: A two.
Speaker 1: A two is a protein A two for me too.
Speaker 2: No oh oops?
Speaker 1: All right, Oh here's your milk.
Speaker 2: That sounded good tagline. I'm so sorry, eight milk. Please consider us for product sponsorships.
Speaker 1: Rice Krispy Treats old original recipe first, and then we'll go into the new man. I want you to go into this with an open mind.
Speaker 2: Andrew, I am, but I'm still gonna hate it.
Speaker 1: What that didn't make sense? All right? Rice Krispy Treats Original and bye boll.
Speaker 2: H m.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I gave it originally, but I give it four balls? Would you say perfect? Bye ball? You were qunching so hard I couldn't hear bye balls? Okay, delicious? Now notice how I only ate one spoonful?
Speaker 2: I know, I'm proud of you.
Speaker 1: Just one, just one spoonful. Okay, now here we go, new recipe. Hold on, Rice Krispy Treats You ready?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Come on? No? No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: There's not a lot of flavor. I'm gonna tell you there's really not a lot of flavor. Is weak? This is not the same marshmallow Crispies is when I was a kid. No, it's not.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm so sad. This is it? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Where is justice in this country?
Speaker 1: It's not sweet, It's.
Speaker 2: Not it's disgusting. The marshmallows have no taste.
Speaker 1: It's not disgusting, but it's not disgusting. I feel my arm tangling that beating it. What does that mean, Wilford? What does it mean? Damn it?
Speaker 2: I really hope our listeners are enjoying the diabetes button, that we install.
Speaker 1: It and truly not making light of it. Please don't think I'm making fun of it, because I know it's a serious thing and I may have it, so you know I might be on my way.
Speaker 2: This is not good and I'm sorry, But who's who makes a cereal?
Speaker 1: Kelloggs?
Speaker 2: Kellogg's? Please listen to me. I know I am just one man, but I am one man with a voice, and I will speak up about the injustice of canceling the original rice Krispy Streets recipe.
Speaker 1: Canceling. Yes, they canceled it, discontinuing whatever.
Speaker 2: You're ruining my rant, but it's I'm never gonna be able to have this again.
Speaker 1: No, why these cereals are completely different? They're not even close.
Speaker 2: There's the same taste is gone.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you this it's one thing. If you want to discontinue rice Crispy treats. Yeah, but you can't call the new recipe rice Krispy treats. You gotta call it rice Crispies with marshmallows or marshmallow crispies because they are two completely different cereals completely. I'm gonna give it two balls.
Speaker 2: I'm giving it a bowl.
Speaker 1: Wow. I was actually really excited for it. When I saw the picture of it, I was like, yes, they brought it back and it tastes nothing like it.
Speaker 2: Are they like health wise? Are they still exactly the same?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna probably say no. Let's see the serving sizes are the same serving size and I see they change it. It's too hot. I can't do math. The serving size on the old one is three quarters of a cup and the serving size on the new one is one cup. Yeah, I can't tell.
Speaker 2: What's the reason for this. Kellogg's.
Speaker 1: Well, as soon as I get the email back from them, I'll let you know.
Speaker 2: Can like please reconsider?
Speaker 1: Let me tell you what the email is gonna say, Thank you so much for reaching out, Scott. From time to time we do reevaluate our cereal recipes and found that it was time for us to revamp Rice Krispy treat Cereal. Thanks so much for being a valued customer. We'll send you a coupon.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll go a coupon. Listen. If you were in the test group that decided that you didn't like the original Rice Krispy's Treats formula and you voted on this new one, I have news for you. Your mom's a ho whoa, Okay, it's a meme.
Speaker 1: Oh is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? See that's me coming in with the cool twenty first century pop culture references.
Speaker 1: I gotcha.
Speaker 2: That's where I contribute to this podcast.
Speaker 1: Well, it's just bad.
Speaker 2: It's not good. Nothing about this is good. They changed my childhood like the same way that you have cereals that you love.
Speaker 1: Well, they brought back my childhood, but not the same as it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean alphabets they came back with, and we hated that.
Speaker 1: Now I'm the bastard child.
Speaker 2: Well I guess now I am too with this.
Speaker 1: They've ruined both of us.
Speaker 2: This is so sad.
Speaker 1: Well, I was optimistic, but I wasn't. I'm going into this.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be weak because Rice crispies by themselves have a very dull taste. It's it's nobody will Yeah, let's face it, it's boring exactly. So just throwing in marshmallows, Well.
Speaker 1: Dude, they're not very sweet marshmallows either.
Speaker 2: There's nothing about this that's good.
Speaker 1: Huh. All right, they did have fruity marshmallow crispies back in the day.
Speaker 2: That's disgusting.
Speaker 1: Well maybe that would make these better, No, it wouldn't. All right, Well, we don't do a bonus box here, right, because this is a special emergency episode. Yeah, I mean, I could throw something out at you, but it really wouldn't make sense because this is the Rice Crispy Treats episode.
Speaker 2: I'm just sad.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going to go right in my journal.
Speaker 1: What that's not very twenty first century of you.
Speaker 2: It's password protected.
Speaker 1: Mine has a key. All right. Well, thanks so much for tuning in to this special bonus episode. And I apologize that it was disappointing.
Speaker 2: Also, your mom's aren't hoes, I'm sorry for saying. And it was just trying to be hip, is mine?
Speaker 1: Maybe? Oh okay, wonderful. Oh, I'm sure Lenora will appreciate that. Thank you so much for listening to this breaking Serial Killers.
Speaker 2: Podcast and again new focused test group Kellogg's. Whoever you interviewed, they were wrong. You clearly laced it with something else, and that's why they gave you this misguided direction.
Speaker 1: Well go back. I predict that something will happen with this within the next year or so. I don't think it'll be on the market in this particular form. They may change the name, they may get rid of it, they may bring the old one back. I bet you down the road you'll see now back original formula.
Speaker 2: So do you think they're purposely jeopardizing themselves, like, hey, we're gonna make this real crappy. Oh and guess what it's back?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's it. It's a marketing ploy. Yeah, so thanks for listening. Yes, follow us on Twitter serial Killers PC that is serial with a C and Sis Scotti B that's why I'm Z Scotty B Andrew Pug on both Instagram and Twitter. Yes, we didn't do an Instagram for serial Killers because you know why.
Speaker 2: But if you are listening right now on whatever podcast platform you're choosing, to listen to us, to make sure you hit that subscribe button, give us a review. We love reading your reviews. That constructive criticism helps us get better at this podcast thing?
Speaker 1: Is that even possible? Can we get any better? Andrew?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you've reached the top.
Speaker 1: All right, we got to get out of here. Thank you for listening, and until another real episode, which will happen in just a few days from now, and we'll see you then. Well we say crunch at the end of a bonus too, right, Well, I mean what else would we say? I guess, all right, well until then, say crunch, Andrew, Crunch and bring it home. Wilford beat us. But wait, there's more there is. You waited and listened the entire episode right till the end. So we're giving you a bonus. Yes, yeah, if you're the first person to tweet us at serial Killers PC with hashtag.
Speaker 2: C K that's serial Killers Prize inside CK Prize inside.
Speaker 1: Hashtag CK prize inside tweet us right now. If you were the first one, we're going to send you an original recipe box of rice Krispy trees.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's the best. You know what, let's sign the box.
Speaker 1: We'll sign it perfect. One extra box. It's sealed and you're not going to be able to buy it anymore. So tweet us now hashtag kide. If you're the first one to do it, we'll send it to you.
Speaker 2: Good luck hashtag ck price.
Speaker 1: Inside, we only have one box, so once it's gone, it's gone. Crunch again, Yes, crunch