Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today in Europe. Were joined by Bloomberg's Equities Report to Joe Easton Joe, we're seeing a broad sell off across European equities on the back of these towns kicking into place. But Farmer really getting hit hard. What's behind that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Farmer looking really really tough. In terms of the trading there, we're seeing the likes of Novo Notice down five and a half percent, Astrozeneka down six percent, of Vartis six percent, all of the big stocks with heavy US exposure coming down quite a lot. Now, Trump yesterday or last night saying that the US is set to announce a major tariff on pharmaceutical soon, though as usual there's very little in terms of details on that. However, it is kind of one of the sectors that thus far has avoided getting some specific terrorists. But this does seem to be priced again. We saw losses overnight in AGYPT some stocks over in Japan in terms of the farmer sector were down as much as ten percent, and that is feeding through into Europe by far the worst performing sector in terms of the sector makeup, with the stocks healthcare index down four point four percent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's certainly very interesting one to watch in terms of what happens next in the tariff story. So on the stock Sex hundred at the moment, Joe Route twenty companies are in the green, everything else is selling off. BA Systems one of the outperformers. What's going on there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we are seeing some ou performance in the defense sector as you mentioned, particularly BA Systems, but also some of the other names. Ryan Mattau and he down around one percent versus a border market down three percent ly and not as similar. But BAE actually in the green as you mentioned there. So what's happening here is there are reports over the past couple of days that the US could potentially ramp up spending, including around one trillion dollars in defense spending in f Y twenty twenty six. That would be up from eight hundred and ninety two billion, so a twelve percent year on year increase, and that is seen to be a big boost BAE. It makes around a fifty percent of its sales over in the US. It makes warships, it makes tanks, it makes pretty much everything in the US being a huge market for them. So that does seem to be accounting for the moves in that stock today and potentially given the sell off we've seen in defense, it's kind of rebounding a little bit, but definitely continues to be an our performer across that sector.
Speaker 3: And Joe very different space. But you're also yours have an eye on on ITV. What's the story there?
Speaker 1: Yes, so ITV sliding today, We're down. We were down around eight percent at the lowest of the day. That was the biggest drop or the biggest the lowest level since November. In fact, for ITV stock, this comes as ubs downgrades as the stock to sell. They recommend selling due to two things. The first thing is ad revenue, who is going to decline due to the weak economy, so advertising spending does tend to track the economic growth pretty closely and therefore they think that's negative. And also streaming competition, itv X facing potential competition, so the usual guys like Netflix and that kind of thing will be the hits there. I did have a quick look at it v X most watched on there today. You'll be interested to know Selepty Big Brother, which I didn't know was still around, but ITV stock down five percent of the moment as ubs recommends selling.
Speaker 4: That suggests you haven't been invited on Ye.
Speaker 3: Well maybe this is my pitch that would get me to tune in. Yeah, nothing else, Joe, Look.
Speaker 1: If the producers are out there, give me a cool is available?
Speaker 4: Okay, Joe Eastern, our equities reporter.
Speaker 2: Thank you. The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.