Speaker 1: Hey, thanks so much for being here on the weekend.
Speaker 2: It is the second Date podcast with Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning, the official one, and every.
Speaker 1: Saturday we feature two classics. Yeah, yeah, exactly that.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 1: Put them back to back so you get a little longer dose.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 2: And also if you guys love these and you want to see what they look like live, we're actually doing video now.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is a visual aspect to it all.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The better worse, I don't know. Yeah, And we're rolling out a little slowly.
Speaker 2: We don't have the biggest team in the world, so we're doing as much as we can. We've got two live videos up right now on our YouTube page at Briock and Jeffrey. Thank you so much for checking those out and for subscribing and leaving a comment.
Speaker 1: Even if it's a comment that you were disappointed. We'll take that perfect too.
Speaker 2: Honestly, you took time out of your day to write us can appreciate you. So if you haven't, go check them out on YouTube again at Brick and Jeffrey, and your back to back classics start right now.
Speaker 6: It's good to set rules and boundaries early on in a new relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Communications key there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like when Brooks started dating her husband, she made a rule on night one he wasn't allowed to cry when they hooked up. Well, let's just say that rule didn't last very long. One of them, but one of our listeners, was given a different stipulation before his first date. He had to say yes to it in order for them to meet. Is it better or worse than Brooks list of strict demands? We're gonna find out when we do your second date update.
Speaker 7: Next, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second Date Update.
Speaker 6: If anyone's been out on a date recently, you know how expensive it can be, not just for the food and drinks, but the blindfolds and the rubber bands.
Speaker 1: I thought you're going to say parking.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, you do need a place to park before you set up all the rubber bands. I see, and I cannot find one strong enough to hold my wrists down anymore. Wow, I don't know that is it's the tariffs, God, the tariffs on maximum strength rubber bands from Indonesia. They are through the roof right now.
Speaker 1: You just drive the rubber bands they put on a sparagus. Those are the fat boys.
Speaker 6: Are still not strong enough.
Speaker 8: Expensive, not stronger, Jeff.
Speaker 6: But that was the only place that make them stronger, and they cost so much money. I'm just I'm happy that our listener Leo figured out how to save a buck or two on his date recently, and I'm very curious how we did it. So Leo, welcome to the show. It's like what we get.
Speaker 2: Hello, Leo, are the rubber band tariffs hitting you hard to or did you rubber band yourself?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 5: No, I'm still here.
Speaker 9: I'm doing all right.
Speaker 6: Okay, where you get your extra strength rubber bands from?
Speaker 10: I don't typically need to get a lot of them.
Speaker 8: People just save them from random mail.
Speaker 6: That's actually kind of smart.
Speaker 9: I got them, or though I got too many of them.
Speaker 11: Actually.
Speaker 6: Share the wealth at some point. But hey, I know you went on a date with somebody recently. What's her name?
Speaker 9: He names Marissa?
Speaker 6: Okay, where'd you meet her?
Speaker 10: We matched on bumble and we connected over a love of dogs. You know, we have two dogs, and it's just we we can't get enough of them. I mean, if we lived in bigger places, then we probably have more than just two, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Like one hundred and one Dalmatians that movie like yeah, okay, but you said in your email you were able to save some money on your date. How did you do that?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 10: Yeah, So when we matched at first, she was very clear that she wanted to be friends.
Speaker 9: She didn't want to jump into anything like relationship.
Speaker 5: Here we go, she was.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 10: So I suggested after we matched, just grabbing a coffee, but she countered with, how about we go to a flea market.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, that's how you say you come from. I was gonna say, that's how you saved money on your day with the flea market discounts.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I was willing to spend it. It was her idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: I think it's impressive that you are good with being friends first.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I wouldn't do that, but that's great that I'm sort of the kind of guy that doesn't really want to jump into anything too fast myself. So I do have friends that are women, So like, if we decide that it doesn't work out, it's like, okay, well if we're at that friendship level first and we can stay that way and then you know, it's a positive.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I love that when you're like naturally friends totally. But what Brooke was saying too, to be like, I'm setting the tone friend zone right away.
Speaker 6: It's good that you work with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's refreshing, I guess, is the thing.
Speaker 6: So take us to the flea market though, How did that go?
Speaker 9: It went okay, which is better than okay, which is kind of weird to me. Why I haven't heard from her since then?
Speaker 10: But before I get into that, Yeah, we met up there and she looked like her pictures.
Speaker 9: Thank god, she was really really cute.
Speaker 1: You didn't want a friend that looks like somebody else.
Speaker 6: A friend thing does make it different, now, Yeah, yeah, that's right. You can't really judge that. Okay.
Speaker 9: So she was excited to be there too, and bargain hunt and all that, and we walked around that flee market for a good hour and a half.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what did you get into like a creative old used VHS tapes.
Speaker 8: Or rubber bands favorite?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, no rubber bands, but we did see vhss. There was a station that had a lot of those.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, man, shocking, they're not selling so quickly.
Speaker 8: Has the machines to play them?
Speaker 6: Okay, So how was your connection with Marissa?
Speaker 9: It was good And I know that sometimes for these things. You guys ask what we talked about. We actually talked about taxidermy.
Speaker 6: Friends don't.
Speaker 1: Bund to find a couple whirls.
Speaker 10: Or yeah, we saw a boot for that actually for the texto Durny and uh. In fact, there was actually a fox there with a monocle on. So Marissa thought that it looks like elegance and I thought it.
Speaker 9: Looked straight up haunted. I was like, I would never let that into my home.
Speaker 2: Stuff fox, Well, that sounds like a funny point of conversation one moments.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 6: It was did you guys buy anything? Take anything home? Yeah?
Speaker 9: We each got one thing. I got a Fleetwood mac record and she got one of those novelty aprons where it looks like there's a shirtless firefighter on the front.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, so is that is that it?
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, that's it. We each got the one thing, and then I walked her back to her place, and on the way back it was starting to get kind of chilly, so I gave her my jacket and when we got to her place, I was like, oh, yeah, you could just you can just hang on to it.
Speaker 10: Because I was so confident that we would meet up again, because that's how well the first date went. And now she's not answering any of my text or calls, and it's like, Hey, as much as I would like to see Marissa, I would also like my jacket back.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, if you think about it, this cheap date actually costs you a lot of money if you lose that jacket.
Speaker 7: Room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, taxidermy is not cheap.
Speaker 6: Jeff I could imagine that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that didn't happen. Thank god.
Speaker 1: Thoughts is only haunting his dreams, not his house.
Speaker 6: Yeah right, how long has it been since the Flea market date.
Speaker 9: It's been about two weeks.
Speaker 2: Oh, bit, you've gone without a jacket for two weeks.
Speaker 6: That's not its only.
Speaker 2: Jacket, I don't know, only favorite if you wore it, I know, and the one he feels like he looks good in it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, it is my favorite jacket. I've got like one or two others, but they're not they're not my favorite.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh, this is dire, Jeffrey, this is code red. We're going to reach out and call Marissa trying gets you one your jacket back, and then two possibly another meet up with her when we do your second date update coming up right after this.
Speaker 7: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second date update.
Speaker 6: Friends ghost each other, right, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean I mean politely, Yeah, eventually you get back together.
Speaker 6: Alexis if a friend wore the same outfit as you, they're getting blackballed.
Speaker 13: For like, right, I mean I usually want to copies my friend's outfreudn't talk to you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, just like.
Speaker 6: It just seems like if you agree to go out as friends first, then there'd be less pressure on the like hangout, you wouldn't get ditched.
Speaker 8: If you're just focused on friends, You're just focused on having a good day.
Speaker 1: Maybe she's a terrible friend.
Speaker 6: It is weird because our listener Leo has not heard from Marissa for the last two weeks after they hung out. And the worst case scenario I'm thinking of is if Leo goes back to that flea market and his jack it is up.
Speaker 2: For sale worn.
Speaker 1: By the fox with the monocle.
Speaker 6: Oh even worse. That would not be good. Leo. Have you checked the flea market or possibly eBay for your.
Speaker 9: Jacket to be fair?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 9: I have not.
Speaker 1: Okay, great jacket caper.
Speaker 2: That's what she does to steal their jackets and then resell them on second hand storm.
Speaker 6: See, anything is possible, especially since she's the one that recommended the flea market in the first place. But you never thought about.
Speaker 5: That, Leo, No, I didn't think about that anybody.
Speaker 2: You probably won't put a lot more thought into it.
Speaker 6: It's probably not the case, is why you come to the show. We're creative, creative investigators.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, like, do we bring up the jacket.
Speaker 8: And maybe after you know, she'll bring it if she says yes to a date.
Speaker 6: Is it more important that you get the jacket back or that you have another hangout and stay friends with Marissa.
Speaker 10: I gotta be honest, It's more important to me that I get the jacket back because I really liked that jacket.
Speaker 6: Okay, and you've only met this girl one time and she just wan be friends with you. It's gonna really hurt her feelings when I tell her that. But you know what, that's what he wants. Okay, let me know what. I'll hold off. Hold off.
Speaker 1: I mean she might want the jacket more than him too, We don't know.
Speaker 6: Let's find out. I'm going to dial her number right now. Let's see if she picks up. But here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Marissa. Yes, Hey, this is probably the weirdest phone call you're going to get all day, unless he's like already talk to your ex or something. But you're on the radio right now with a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 13: Wait, I'm wait this is the radio.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but yes, yes, we're a show. We try to help out our listeners who've hung out with somebody recently and they're not getting a call back to hang out a second time.
Speaker 13: That's weird.
Speaker 8: It's actually not weird. It's our bread and butter.
Speaker 1: A lot of people don't get, but it's weird for you. We get understand why that would be strange. Strange call.
Speaker 5: I've never heard this, so it's just uh total.
Speaker 6: So we're trying to help out our listener that you hung out with recently named Leo.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah you remember Leo.
Speaker 13: Yeah, sorry, I'm like catching up right now. Okay, so he called you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we we spoke to him before and he told us about your hangout at the flea market.
Speaker 13: Okay, so he probably wants his jacket, I assume, so I can just like leave it outside my place.
Speaker 8: That's all your focus on is the jacket. You're not focused on him at all.
Speaker 13: I'm I'm just not really into.
Speaker 2: Him, Okay, but I thought that you just wanted to be friends. That's what you said, Like you're not into him even as a friend.
Speaker 13: Yeah. I think when people start dating, the idea should be that you start as friends and then if it progresses from there, great, But I just don't really see any hope for that in this situation.
Speaker 6: After one Well, it's fair like you're allowed to feel that way. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just feel like if you're going to start it as friends, you've got to be more open. You've got to give it a little bit more time, because sometimes friendship in general just takes time.
Speaker 12: It's so bad that you know, Yeah, I mean, what can I ask?
Speaker 6: Was there something like one particular thing that made you feel that way when you were hanging out with him?
Speaker 12: Overall?
Speaker 13: I can tell you this, The date itself was pretty good. Okay, it was nice. He's cute, I liked him. We did have a nice time.
Speaker 2: That is not the response I thought you were going to say. I thought you were going to say like there was no sexual chemistry.
Speaker 6: Or Brooke does have a lot of sexual chemistry with all of her friends. I can understand a lot of family members too, so it kind of blurs the lines. But for knowing, I mean, no, I know exactly what you mean. So for you, what was it exactly?
Speaker 13: Okay, So the date was good. It's just when I got home, he let me borrow his jacket because it got kind of chilly. And when I hung up with the jacket, this little okay, this little piece of paper fell out and I picked it up and he had made a list titled things not to say on the date with Marissah.
Speaker 2: Wow, I know, but sometimes I do better in my head if I write things down.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it depends on what things he was telling himself to say to her. Yeah, can we know what some of the things were.
Speaker 13: There was one that said, don't talk about the X like you did with the last girl.
Speaker 2: Well, that's an important reminder, which should be number one on this.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 13: It's's weird that it's been an issue, Like it's something you have to remind yourself not to do. I mean, that's like a red flag for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's another one.
Speaker 13: There was something that said a girl who don't like crypto chat? Yeah, again, like it's just another weird thing, Like is he super into crypto, then like me.
Speaker 1: Why is that already being to crypto?
Speaker 6: This means he's potentially rich.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's a no, not no, she is right.
Speaker 8: Every crypto bro will tell you they're rich, but not all of them are.
Speaker 2: I mean, but you don't see these things as just I don't know, thoughtful preparation before a date.
Speaker 13: I just think it's better to plan nice things than to write out things you should not do that you usually do that turns people off.
Speaker 8: Oh that's me being like, don't talk much. I know, you know, it's like it's a good thing to say, don't exactly.
Speaker 6: Because one of the things that I wrote down was don't tell Marissa that Leo is on the other line listening and wants to talk to it.
Speaker 1: Forgot. Oh was I not supposed to Oh my.
Speaker 6: God, Marissa. Wait, yeah, Leo's on the other line listening to this conversation.
Speaker 13: You're kidding, You're kidding right now.
Speaker 6: I told myself not to say that to you. I'm sorry, Leo. Are you there?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 3: This is this is pretty awkward.
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Know, I'm sorry, and I know I wasn't supposed to say it. So the awkward.
Speaker 13: I can't believe you did that. I can't believe and tell me that effort.
Speaker 1: Wait your Madame Jeffrey though, right, not Leo.
Speaker 13: I'm I don't even I'm upset. I don't know.
Speaker 6: It was my fault. It was my fault. I'll take the blame.
Speaker 5: Leo.
Speaker 6: Talk to Marissa about what you just heard.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, the good thing now is that you know all my weaknesses, you know all the bad things that I tried to not do on our date. That's a positive, right, Okay?
Speaker 13: Well, you also wrote on your little list, remember to tip this time. This is all They're all red flags and things that you're saying that you usually do and don't do this. Don't let her like see who you are? Is what this list feels like.
Speaker 9: Marissa. I don't think you were reading the note right. The note actually said don't forget to tip big Oh no.
Speaker 13: No I didn't, And now you're just lying.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen.
Speaker 2: I mean you've got a person here who really likes you, who's trying to be a better person.
Speaker 1: I mean, what more can you want from someone who a guy who can admit their flaws is nice? You actually and actually take action to change them.
Speaker 13: I get someone who doesn't have so many red flags and issues talking about his ex all the time and doesn't tip, and it's into crypto.
Speaker 11: This is so messed up.
Speaker 2: I think it's your perspective, though. I think if you looked at it the other way, they're all green flags.
Speaker 6: And I haven't heard him mention his ex girlfriend once during this entire fune throng, And he doesn't have his little paper in front of him to remind him not to do that.
Speaker 1: We didn't even know he had one.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I actually I actually wrote that on the paper before I called the radio station. Actually, but I'm doing well, Oh.
Speaker 1: You do have a paper right now as well.
Speaker 13: Okay, I feel like I'm being set up and I kind of want to go now.
Speaker 6: Well, Mersa, don't you feel like maybe you're being a little bit harsh and judging him a lot for like a piece of paper that you found.
Speaker 13: No, not really like I'm not even like someone I want to. I just don't even don't care enough.
Speaker 6: No, but you will hold onto his jacket for two weeks.
Speaker 8: On the jacket?
Speaker 6: What are you doing there?
Speaker 1: She said that she'd leave it on her doorstep.
Speaker 13: I'll put it out today.
Speaker 9: No, wait, don't put it outside. Someone's gonna steal it. It's a really nice jacket.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then they're going to have all the tips about what not to do. So Marissa, would you at least meet up with him to hand him his jacket in person.
Speaker 13: I'll put your jacket out at seven, come and get it at seven.
Speaker 1: Okay, well there's a deadline.
Speaker 9: Wow, Marissa, I'm just going to say that you're not as nice as you were on our first date, and then it's not going to help you make more friends if you're not this nice, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: That's her. That's some friendly advice.
Speaker 13: For the tip. I think I'll be fine.
Speaker 6: Oh and he tips. See look what he does. He really comes through.
Speaker 1: Those bullet points.
Speaker 6: Are it really is thrilling?
Speaker 7: Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: Man, I'm just reading the textboard after that second date, and someone actually scored each of our performances. Oh they said, Jeff succinct, humorous, off the cuff, handsome, nine out of ten.
Speaker 1: No one.
Speaker 6: Text Alexis, Jose and Brooke combined nine out of ten. Combine though, yikes, I like it. I'm disappointed in all of you that you guys didn't try harder for that poor poor man. Alexis, do you promise to do better next time than we have a listener time? You're not even sure, Jose you win on doing better. I don't know what's going on. I'm three Brook. Please will you actually try for our listeners?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 6: Always, no wonder you guys were all rated threes. But if you want to find email us now that you've heard our enthusiasm exactly. If you can't email us if you want us to help you with your dating life, but go check out all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts, they're up online at Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 7: Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: We've heard of people meeting in public places before, like at a dog park, in a fitness class, in the waiting room of your couple's counseling session. Ante, it's gonna happen, But I promise you you've never heard of anything like this before. Because what one guy did to ask out a woman he saw outside a coffee shop is creative, it's unique, it's even funny. So it's no wonder our listener is so desperate to see this dude one more time. You're gonna hear about the smooth move he pulled in your second date update right after.
Speaker 7: This brooken Jeffrey in the morning Second date Updates.
Speaker 6: Is there any way to do the math to figure out what type of person you're the most compatible with?
Speaker 1: Is there math for that?
Speaker 6: Start with affectionate, multiply by heavy petting, subtract two blindfolds, keep one, divide with an overbearing mother, and oh, this is maths.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 6: Now, You're going to die alone. Every time I try to calculate this, I keep coming up with the same answer.
Speaker 1: It's like time zero anytime you add the mother.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly, saying goodness, our listener, Justine found a different formula, and hopefully her results are better than mine, because apparently she's been single for a bit now. But Justine, how's the dating worlds going for you? Are you also reserving a burial plot for one?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I could hear you.
Speaker 2: I can hear you laughing through the tears, So that's good. It's all right, Justine.
Speaker 1: But the funny thing is you're not alone in that.
Speaker 6: A lot of us are out there with you. But you said that you figured out some sort of mathematic formula to help you with your dating life. What was that?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's like this online test. You put in all the stuff that you care about, like your preferences and whatever for like finding a partner, and it's suppose we'll come back with like the percentage of men on dating apps who like fit those preferences.
Speaker 1: Oh really, wait they also take the test center.
Speaker 2: No, I think that it probably I'm guessing it's an algorithm that goes through and looks at their dating profiles.
Speaker 1: Is that how it works?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 11: And so like I started out like super basic. I was like, they have to have a job, they have to like not live at their parents' house, like have a car.
Speaker 6: Like okay, well, standards are crazy on your end.
Speaker 12: I didn't put a single thing that was physical like height or anything, and it came back with less than one percent of men.
Speaker 9: A job truly.
Speaker 2: Oh my okay, so you weren't feeling positive I'm guessing at.
Speaker 12: That number or you know that's like very bleak.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Anyway, I like after all of that, ended up meeting this guy named James, like just in a coffee shop.
Speaker 6: Oh didn't even need the dating apps.
Speaker 1: She ran into the one percent.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's funny, like the irony. How did that interaction happen?
Speaker 12: I literally was just sitting down and I was like scrolling and he comes up to me and he's like, are you accepting applications? And I'm like, oh, I'm sorry, I don't work here. Like I thought he was like a sign at the coffee shop.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, were he wearing like an apron or something?
Speaker 12: No, I guess I just like looked like I was.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Or you're a manager.
Speaker 2: You know sometimes you walk into a restaurant or something you see a manager working a good point.
Speaker 6: Yeah, how did you respond to him when he asked about applications?
Speaker 12: I was like, oh, sorry, I don't work here, and he was like no, no, like to be your boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Oh oh it was okay? Did you like that?
Speaker 12: I mean I thought it was funny, but he like fully went along with it, and he was like, listen, I brought my resume. I've got like my history and experience and he legitimately like pulled out a piece of paper.
Speaker 1: Wait what he had a dating resume?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh, I have to know what was on it?
Speaker 6: Or is it a move that he pulls on women all the time, and he has twenty quote unquote dating resumes in his pocket to hand out whenever he sees someone cute.
Speaker 1: Kind of like the real world of getting a job.
Speaker 2: If she liked the resume, who cares how many other people like what was on it?
Speaker 12: You know, like basic stuff like he likes going to games and hiking. But he was like, yeah, if you want to set up an interview, you can just like call the number. And I was like, why don't you just sit down now when I can interview you?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: My great response.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and it was really nice, like he turned out to be an awesome guy. He like offer to literally venmo me for the coffee that I had already bought.
Speaker 6: Guy, you look poor here. You probably need this.
Speaker 5: Ye.
Speaker 2: What was the hardest boyfriend interview question that you asked him?
Speaker 12: Well, okay, so I've actually like done interviews at my real job. So I was like, okay, I'm just gonna pull some of these. And I was like, what's one thing you don't want me to know about you?
Speaker 13: Dude?
Speaker 1: He is so not prepared for the day.
Speaker 14: It.
Speaker 6: I would hate that question to be asked to me on a first day but did he have an answer for you?
Speaker 12: He did, and it was like it was like ready made. It's like he expected it. And he legitimately said, I pry when I watched the Matrix because I'm scared about the future.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, I don't think that was prepared.
Speaker 1: I feel like that was honest.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, he was so scared. There's no way he just thought of that. How did you feel about that response?
Speaker 12: Honestly, I thought her was really funny and it was really clever, and like because it was so quick, I was like, oh, no, you're serious.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah, it's not a red flag to you that he thinks the Matrix is actually going to happen in the next few years.
Speaker 1: You could have made so many worse answers. He said, yeah, that is so much better than anything.
Speaker 12: Okay, So anyway, at the end, he's like, today I get the job, and I was like, well, we probably should set up like a second interview.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 12: Then I definitely got the job, and we kind of like left it off there and it was funny and we laughed and then he like never called me again. What I like texted him made jokes about like, hey, we need to set up your second interview, and it was just silence.
Speaker 8: No, did you guys cancer anything or like hug was her physical viouce?
Speaker 6: Yeah, like a normal job interview.
Speaker 8: Yes, it's not a real job.
Speaker 1: It doesn't like a transition.
Speaker 6: How do you think I got hired to?
Speaker 2: I mean that is strange though, because he's the one that approached you. He's the one that did the line, like why wouldn't he.
Speaker 6: But she's the one that took it to the next level that actually made him sit down for it. He probably just thought it was a smooth line and was going to back away.
Speaker 12: So he literally was the one asking like, did I get the job?
Speaker 6: Yeah? He just wants the ego boosts to accept offer.
Speaker 8: The company gives you. Isn't good.
Speaker 1: He's got to put in two weeks at his last job. Ye find out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's clearly a lot of options on the table. We're gonna find out for sure what happened when we come back and call James to do your second date update right after this.
Speaker 7: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning Second date Update.
Speaker 6: Is there any setting more romantic than a job interview?
Speaker 1: It shouldn't be romantic.
Speaker 6: I don't know, Brook, You're dressed all nice. You're talking about your biggest strengths and your greatest weaknesses. All of a sudden, what comes out of your pants?
Speaker 4: Oops?
Speaker 6: Oh god, a resume? Would you look at that? I just happened to have that on me.
Speaker 1: No wonder, it's so warm.
Speaker 6: That's actually kind of what happened to one of our listeners who met a guy recently. It wasn't an official job application, but some dudes saw at a cop the shop and ask, hey, are you taking boyfriend? Application is so smooth, and he even had a resume in his pants.
Speaker 2: That's why it's even smooth pocket okay, or who knows where it was?
Speaker 1: We don't know either way.
Speaker 6: It's kind of sus that he just carries that around waiting to whip out to any cute girl, if that's what he does. But we don't know.
Speaker 8: He may have done this just.
Speaker 1: For the thing he's putting some effort in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it did work, and he got to sit down with her for a little interview slash mini first date.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: By the end he said he was definitely going to call her, and according to her, he definitely didn't. Ah man, I think we're all a little bit concerned that this little stick he's doing is working too well, and maybe he's applying to multiple boyfriend positions all throughout the city.
Speaker 1: There are a lot of openings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Justine, if this turns out where he actually does this all the time and meets hundreds of women this way, how could we make him remember you? And have you stand like, how do we identify you? Or do you still even want to go out with him? At that point?
Speaker 12: We at least I'm curious to hear what he has to say.
Speaker 11: But yeah, I was wearing a green ramper, I have red hair and glasses.
Speaker 2: Okay, cute, Okay, Like you are the only one that sat him down and actually gave him like a legit interviews like how could he remember you?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Alright, so we'll see if he does remember you and what he asked to say. We're James's phone number right now? Here we go? Hello, Hey, we're looking for James h Yeah?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 6: Where we we are a radio show?
Speaker 8: Jeff, Sorry you fled like the first word.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thanks for pointing on all my flawsbody, you know, job going on? Behalf of our boss, Justine, and apparently you applied for the position of her boyfriend role recently?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah, yeah, do you remember that interview?
Speaker 1: Do you remember that interview?
Speaker 5: I mean I remember a few of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right though, I mean we expected that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we heard about the move that you pulled on our listener where you walked up to her and you like had a resume and asked if there was a boyfriend opening. Is that something that you've done a lot?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've done that a good amount.
Speaker 6: Can I guess how many times? Is it two hundred times?
Speaker 5: I don't know about two hundred.
Speaker 2: I want to know the success rate? How many of those turn into a date?
Speaker 5: They do?
Speaker 4: Sometimes? I've definitely met some interesting people, Okay.
Speaker 6: I am curious about that before we get to like Justine specifically, Like, what are some of the quirky things that you found out while trying this on other people? Before?
Speaker 4: I mean, there was this one girl who was an extreme coupon her.
Speaker 5: Oh whoa I've never met before.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's interesting about people they call.
Speaker 6: Them cheap skates, but you go ahead.
Speaker 4: There was another girl who kept talking about alien abductions, so that was really interesting.
Speaker 2: Was that a turn on for you? I'm curious, Like it sounds like you're just meeting people to meet weird people? Are you actually looking for supting in this?
Speaker 4: You know, I don't really know what I'm looking for, to be honest, it's just it's proven to be a great way to meet people, maybe more really respond interesting.
Speaker 6: Maybe you're looking for a girl who wears a green romper to a coffee shop and has bright red hair, and it just tells you to sit down for the interview right away when you ask.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, thank god you told me what she was wearing, because that now I know who you're talking about.
Speaker 9: Ok.
Speaker 2: Wait, women ask you to sit down for the interview too, find out the aliens.
Speaker 1: That's a good pad.
Speaker 6: So now you remember Justine?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I remember Justine.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing. I do this a good amount, and it's just, you know, it's all over the place the reactions that I get. But Justine's was like she was really quick with it, and she was she was different, and.
Speaker 5: I'll be honest, that kind of freaked me out.
Speaker 1: Oh it did.
Speaker 5: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: How to respond because she beat you at your own game essentially.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 1: But that seems like it'd be a turn on.
Speaker 6: Men don't like to be outsmart I was just kidding, how do they ever meet anyone? James? How did you feel talking to Justine like that? Were you scared of her?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 4: Yeah, honestly, I just I never take this thing seriously. It's just it's just sort of a gimmick, and she for the first time, I felt like, Wow, this really could be something.
Speaker 2: You can't let your own insecurity stand of the way that you want someone who challenges you.
Speaker 6: Who makes what's your hold up?
Speaker 5: Then I guess I'm just not used to that. I've never never had that happen before.
Speaker 8: So you finally found her and you're like, what do I do?
Speaker 1: That's why you're single? My man?
Speaker 6: Like, you don't know how to move forward now that you realize you actually like her.
Speaker 5: Kind of like she might she might just be quicker than me.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I think she is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's terrifying.
Speaker 1: No, I mean I appreciate the honesty.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know what, if you think that's terrifying, just wait till you hear that she's actually been listening to this conversation the entire time. It is on the other line right now. Serious, he scary Justice trying out.
Speaker 5: To scream, Hey, Justine.
Speaker 12: Come on, James, you were like I thought we had like a banter.
Speaker 5: We did we did? It freaked me out. I've never had a banter.
Speaker 11: You have every right to be like confident and witty and like the guy that I met, like play ball, like he could play chess, and I feel like you're just like afraid of that. But honestly, you you kept up in the conversation great like it was. I really enjoyed our conversation.
Speaker 12: I'm a little sad, but like now you're like backing out.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm not backing out. I'm just sort of like frozen. I'm not sure what to do.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, this is positive.
Speaker 6: Now I need to dethaw you and get you back into action.
Speaker 1: What did I picture popping him in a microwaves?
Speaker 6: Well, whatever you got to do. She liked your energy when you first met, so just bring that back and talk to her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I I can definitely do that.
Speaker 6: More confident than that though, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Justine, I would like that. I would like if we did this late.
Speaker 8: It sounds kind of timid to me.
Speaker 14: Let's start, Can you try to say it a little more assertive?
Speaker 6: Some flair on it, James, Justine, let's do this, all right, let's do this.
Speaker 1: I mean I thought we're going to talk right now.
Speaker 8: I thought.
Speaker 5: Not in front of you, dude.
Speaker 1: You can't ask for interviews. You can't apply to be people's boyfriends and then not.
Speaker 8: It's like you put on your application, but you have no show it to us.
Speaker 9: You're the thing.
Speaker 12: I think you do have, riz. I think you're just afraid of messing up, and it keeps you from.
Speaker 8: Being bold like you did.
Speaker 5: Really you got in your head. I think so.
Speaker 4: When there are no steaks, it's easy. But now that there's steaks, that's.
Speaker 1: That's actually true?
Speaker 6: Is true? There will be steaks if we pay for them, because we will offer to send you to a steakhouse.
Speaker 1: Really, our gift cards cover.
Speaker 6: This, and it's going to be an Apple.
Speaker 1: I thought we were going to Sizzlers.
Speaker 6: We'd like to send you guys out on one more date that we would pay for, if you're not too afraid.
Speaker 4: James, come on, James, yeah, I would love that.
Speaker 6: I feel like if we didn't call and push you into this, then this date never even would have happened.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I we don't know that.
Speaker 6: Well, Okay, Justine, you're still okay with it.
Speaker 14: I am open to a second interview, but he honestly sounds like pretty different, a lot more timid, So we'll just have to see how a less rehearsed interview goes.
Speaker 1: Okay, was the first one just to show or is it really who he is?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you find out in a real world experience. I'm doing the dating math on this, just like Justine did originally, and I'm saying this relationship is probably at a five percent chance right now than.
Speaker 1: I was going to give it. So yeah, that's good.
Speaker 6: Unless he says something really smooth right now.
Speaker 5: I got nothing.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's a chance. Good lucky guys. It's broken Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 7: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: Does anybody think they're actually going to meet up for a date or did this whole experience just lower his confidence even more?
Speaker 8: I think we broke him.
Speaker 1: I think so he broke himself.
Speaker 2: I love this a guy who's saying I'm handing out boyfriend applications but doesn't actually want a relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like why why?
Speaker 8: He's literally all.
Speaker 6: Talk and there's a lot of people that go into something with just their first move planned, and that's all that you have.
Speaker 2: You're right, Jeff, exactly, But it's such an elaborate first move, it's so good, like why not be in?
Speaker 1: I hope they go out again?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Why do? I feel like there's gonna be a whole lot more copycat resume guys out there now though, all trying to apply for the open boyfriend position. Luckily for you ladies, I don't know how to make a resume. Actually, Brooke, there's a lot of text coming in at seven eighty five night too, asking if you have any open positions.
Speaker 1: Very awful her husband and Roy right now.
Speaker 6: We'll keep you posted on that, but yes, very much so.
Speaker 1: Venny's are great over here.
Speaker 6: Make sure to email in if you ever want some help with your dating life. We'll call that person who's not calling you back and go check. I got all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts at Brooke and Jeffrey