Speaker 1: What's up, hoop fans want to know what's even better than NBA season? Yeah, winning some cash. That's right. The second half of the NBA season is starting to heat up, and it's time for you to get in on all the action. You can have a shot at huge cash prizes. Join in on all the excitement of real time betting by downloading the DraftKings app now. New customers, well listen to this. You can get what's called a no sweat bet. A no sweat bet means even if you take an ol, you get a bonus bet back up to one thousand dollars in the amount of your original bet. Minimum deposit is five dollars. You can sign up using my promo code Bullyball. That's right. New customers can get a no sweat bet of up to one thousand dollars if your first bet loses and all existing customers get same game parlay insurance every day, get a bonus bet back if one leg of your parlay loses. Minimum number of legs are required, max bet varies. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app now. New customers use my promo code Bullyball get a no sweat bet. That's promo code bullyball. The crown is yours. What's that bullyball? Fam, You already know basketball season is my favorite time of the year and this last part of the season is not to be missed and there's nothing like actually being at the games in person. Right. But have you ever wanted to go to a game and you end up spending so much time trying to find out what's the right seat, what's the right price for those tickets? Especially when it's last minute? I mean, who has the time for that? That's where game time comes in clutch. When you buy tickets from game Time, you can see the view from your seat before you buy, so you know exactly what to expect. With zone deals, you pick the section and game Time picks the seats for big savings, and the game time guarantee means you will always get the best price. I mean that's huge. If you find tickets in the same section and row for less, game Time is going to credit you one hundred ten percent of the difference. So take the guesswork out of buying tickets. With game Time. You can download the game Time app, create an account, and use the code bullyball for twenty dollars off your first purchase. That's right, code Bullyball for twenty bucks off. Download game time today, last minute tickets, lowest price guaranteed. Welcome to Bullyball, presented by DraftKings. I am Rachel Nichols. That of course is DeMarcus Cousins and Boogie. Here's my question for you this morning. Do I blend in with this couch so much that I'm just a floating head because I forgot and the material is exactly the same. Man.
Speaker 2: You may blue, You may blue, look really good, Rachel.
Speaker 1: Enough, all the maps, thank you, thank you, my friend. I just you know, if you're watching this at home and I disappear into the sofa, just know why. That's all I'm saying. But we got to talk about the Western Conference standings because it's been bunched for a while, but it's getting serious now with so few games left to go. The Suns and Kings, they both leapt into the top six after their wins on Sunday and Phoenix. That was pretty high profile win right with that, you know, beating the Lakers, and that's how the West is right now. I mean you in one game, you're up here, you're down here, and those top six spots are obviously so important for the plan. The downer for the Suns though, is that Bradley Beal is still out hamstring injury right now. They thought he was going to be able to come back a couple of days ago, has not been able to did a pregame warm up and cut it short. They have the toughest strength of schedule remaining in the league. If you just go look at their last you know, go from the bottom of their schedule and look at the ten games that they have to finish with. It's insane. I mean, it's an insane schedule. I guess I'm just wondering with Bradley out again, Booker's been out. I mean, how confident are you with the health of this team if they can squeak into the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Well that that was always going to be the biggest thing for this team, is you know, dealing with health. You know, Kevin Durant has had his injury, pass Bill has had his, and as of recently, he's been dealing with one of this entire season. So and you can't ignore the fact that a hamstring injury lingers the way that it does. Even with I do like the precaution they're going with they're going about with, you know, dealing with Bill's hamstring injury. But any person that knows how hamstring works, it's an injury that can linger for the rest of the season, even going into the playoffs. So that's always a scary thing. So you have to be really really cautious for moving forward with that. But I mean, obviously, with the talent that's on this roster, if you said in the beginning of the season that their season would go the way that it has this year, I don't think anybody would have, you know, agreed or even guessed that that would be the case. But they have found a way to stay afloat this season. They are still one of the most talented teams on paper in this league. And if they do find a way, you know, to get healthy before this season finishes out, it could be a make or break type situation for him. And the reason I say that they do have one of the hardest schedules finishing out the year, So it could be a situation where you know, it goes to complete shit and you know they kind of crumble towards the end, or it could be a situation whereas it's where they're going to go into the playoffs, very very polished, and you know, being able to finish out the season with these tough ten games or ten plus games or so.
Speaker 2: It's a make or breaks type situation.
Speaker 3: And you know, obviously health is the huge concern, but one paper, they have everything they need to win a championship or compete for one. It's just gonna come down to the small, detailed things. If everybody's on the same page. Is that, if everybody is healthy at the same time, and how they decide to finish this season out Being on.
Speaker 1: The same page I think is part of the issue here because I mean, look, by the way it's been super frustrating for Brad. No one is more upset at the way things have gone for him this season than he is. I've talked to him. But if they are healthy, even on day one of the playoffs, they will barely all play together. I mean, but how important is that for a team. I mean, they're all vets, I get it, but you also have a supporting cast there, and how big a deal is it that they won't have had a lot of time to get on the court.
Speaker 3: It's a really big deal and Obviously, you can always talk about the chemistry and the camaraderie and the flow of the game when all three guys are on the floor, But when you just look at it from an individual standpoint of just Bradley Bell alone, I've been in that type situation. I've had a season where I was in and out all year and I never really found my rhythm or was in a consistent flow when it came to just performing on a nightly basis. And it's a kind of identical situation because I ended up returning during the playoffs, which is which is a challenge within itself. The playoffs are already hard because the level of competition raises, the defensive schemes.
Speaker 2: They changed the.
Speaker 3: Way they prioritiz prior to prioritize certain players and defensive schemes and things of that nature, it's going to make them game that much more difficult. So if you come in and you're already out of rhythm and you have to face that type of dynamic, that's a tough thing to deal with. So, like I said, I think it's more of a challenge for Bradley Bell and the individual standpoint compared to you know, having those three guys all out there together and making it flow. They're still a dangerous team with just Kevin Durant and Devin Booker, but there are a much more dangerous team when they're all healthy, all in rhythm, and all flowing with their three headed monster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I still am very curious to see what happens with them. The talent there is just kind of intoxicating in terms of, like, well, that could be fun. But they have a lot stacked up against them. The injuries, the lack of of being able to establish chemistry, the strength of schedule. They've had the easiest schedule up until now. So the idea that they've had the easiest schedule and they're only where they are in the standing is because of all these injuries and other factors. And now they've got just a monster coming up. So it's going to be interesting to see what happens. I do know someone who's a fighter, though, Boggie. That is Kevin Durant. He understands not just the game, but the game within the game within the game, and Charles Barkley had some comments about him during All Star weekend, and I think Kevin heard it. This is my opinion My opinion is that Kevin knows what he said. And this is why Barkley's comments was that Katy is a follower, not a leader. It's pretty harsh talking about him. Now. On yesterday's broadcast, I want you to take a listen. Here Katie used the word leadership or some variation of it six times. Listen.
Speaker 3: This was a complete team performance.
Speaker 1: What impressed you most?
Speaker 2: Leadership?
Speaker 3: Leadership in another engine struggles let's first of the games, but everybody was talking. Coach leaving us, players are leaving us, and that just helps us all go into the rim.
Speaker 2: It helps us with detse off on. This team has been for quarter played.
Speaker 3: What did you see from your group in that final period? Well, I said, just our leadership, man, we came through it.
Speaker 2: Everybody was talking on the same page. We made a big shot out the big shot, and we gotta stop. So the credit the leadership, but from the coaches and the flares.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about Katie's response to Charles.
Speaker 3: I can't be mad at it. And the reason I say that is because it's already been said and well known that Katie leads the way that he leads. He leads by example. He's not really the guy that does a lot of barking. He's not a guy that you know, wants to be in front of the camera saying all the right things. And that's just not who Kevin Durant is. I think there's different forms of leaders you know, you have guys. You have guys like Kevin Durant. Then you have guys like Lebron James, who's very vocaland speaks on every on everything that's going on and you know, has his hands on everything that's moving. You have guys like Damian Lillard, who you know, as cool as a fan, gets along with every teammate, encourages it.
Speaker 2: So it's always different forms of leadership.
Speaker 3: And to sit here and try to, you know, make it seem like it's one right way to go about it, that's that's just not the case. You have to cater to every situation differently, you have to lead to every lead in every situation differently. And I think Kevin Durant has been his I think Kevin Durant has been the best leader that he can be in his way of being that and say and to say he's a follower is just that's that's bullshit and corny honestly, And the reason I say that, who the hell is he following? He's one of the hardest workers we've ever seen in this game. He's one of the most skilled players we've ever seen in this game. He's one of the most consistent players we've ever seen in this game. So I'm trying to figure out what guys he following to, you know, fit this mold.
Speaker 1: I guess maybe it's an illusion to him following Kyrie to Brooklyn. I don't know. It was a while ago, so I don't know where this comes from. At the All Star Game.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's that still has nothing to do with who Kevin Durant is.
Speaker 2: It is as a leader.
Speaker 3: He's in a position where he can pin I did, and he's in the position to where he can pick what teammate he wants to play with, Like yeah, that's that's the right he's earned in this league. So I'm just not really sure how he's being labeled a follower or anything of that nature. Now, Like I said, Kevin Durant is going to lead the way he knows how to lead. He's found success leading the way he has. He's dominated in his league since he's stepped foot, So I'm just not really sure who the hell he's followed, and if he is following somebody, I wish I would have followed that same fucking person. But you know, obviously, Charles and Katie have their history. The ever really be on the same page. They viewed things totally differently and rightfully. So they're both great, They're both Hall of famers, like they've both had tremendous success in this league. So who's how can you sit here pick and choose who did it the right way? One hass championships, one doesn't, but you know, one is probably respected a little more than the others. So's there's really no right answer to this. And I think, honestly, I think they could have both benefited from one another and in a way. So I don't agree with charles comments. Like I said, Katie all lead the way he leads, and he's been doing that and he's found success doing it.
Speaker 2: So that's all I really got to say about that.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, and you were with him. See, you guys were together in a locker room on the court in Golden State, and Charles has never been in a locker room with KD and that's the thing. And I love Chuck obviously worked with him for a long time and he's great and great for the game. But this is the kind of thing I don't quite understand how you can speak on when you haven't been in that locker room and you haven't been on a roster with the guy, and you haven't been on the bench and heard what he's telling the other guys. And you know, Katie is a different cat than some of the like out there in your face leaders, but he's still been a leader in so many ways. So guys like you who have played with him, to me, you're the ones qualified to speak on what kind of leader he is. And I just got to give Kevin credit because the answers in that postgame interview were fantastic.
Speaker 3: And I just have to say something about that too. We're talking about who's a follower or who's the leader. You know, it's so many young kids coming up in this game, and the person that they're modeling their game after, the person that they're following or following his lead, is Kevin Durant. Like we see so many young guys coming in. I want to be like Kevin durant'l My gold is Kevin Durant. Things of this nature, And I mean, as long as I've been playing the game, that's just not the case with y'all's bark You don't hear kid come in and saying I want to be like Charles Barkley. So, like I said, who can really say what's a leader or what's the right way to lead or.
Speaker 2: The proper way to lead?
Speaker 3: It's like I said, to each his own, and you know, you lead the best way you can.
Speaker 1: No one's trying to follow Charles Berkley on the golf course. I know that. Let's talk about Dallas real quick. They did lose on Sunday to the Pacers, but they are seven and three in their last ten. Luca is leading the league in usage right now at about thirty six percent. If you want a frame of reference, the highest usage rate effort was Russell Westbrook. I believe the season he won MVP was forty one percent. So Luca, you know, not quite up there, but still a lot. He's averaging thirty four points a game. He's also averaging nearly ten assists a game. So if you have a usedge rate that high, but you're also averaging nearly tennis is per game. It's crazy, eight point out eight point eight rebounds a game. So I guess the question is, and the MAVs be successful long term if Luca right now and it's not even the playoffs yet, it's playing so many minutes and it's so involved in every aspect of the game.
Speaker 2: I believe so.
Speaker 3: And the reason I say that is, well, one, this is how this MAVs team is built. They're built off the success of Luca. And you know, we talk about the user's raid and who has the ball in their hands the most, and you know, you can sit here and try to talk about the negatives of having the ball that much, but at the end of the day, when it comes to this MAVs team, outside of Kyrie Irving, who the hell that's is going to Who the hell else is going to have the ball in their hands?
Speaker 2: That's I want to hear a.
Speaker 3: Suggestion on who should have the ball more than Luca. Dont like just I would love to hear the suggestion. And you know, it's it's silly to even talk about these type of things because Luca is your best player, Like your second best player is Kyrie? Who has the second it's usage, right, it only makes sense. So, like I said, this team is built around Luca. They go as far as he takes them. I think he has a great kund of accounter part and you know Kyrie Irving, So they're figuring things out. Things is working in their favor.
Speaker 2: Uh. You know, they found success lately right after the trade deadline. PJ.
Speaker 3: Washington was a great addition. Gotford was another great addition. So I think there's ms Mavericks. Team is moving in the right direction. And like I said, I think they go as far as Luke as Luca takes them, which is what you know, this whole team has been built around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the new additions have just really seamlessly melted in, which I think is a credit to Jason Kidd, not just the way he's ex and no coaching, but just you know, his style is so easy going with the guys, and he's so canny about what to tell them when and things like that, So I credit him for that. Luca's usage, man, I remember when Kyrie came back from his latest injury, and Luca's response when they asked him about it was just like, well, I'm so tired, I'm just so glad that he's back because I can be less tired, and he was just so spent at the end of every game. Now he's built for it. Like his build, he's not a frail guy. Like his build is sturdy, and he's used to playing a lot from the time he was a teenager. So I think he's mentally there and ready for it. But it's a lot to ask of him. And then also when a guy is that dominant within his own team, it can be a factor because obviously you know how defense has changed in the playoffs. In fact, the last NBA champion, the last guy to win a title with being a thirty point per game scorer was Michael Jordan. That was ninety six. It has been since nineteen ninety six that a team won the NBA Championship having one guy on the team scoring thirty or more. I don't know that's where the MAVs are with Luca.
Speaker 3: I think it's possible he's in that category of greatness. So as far as talent on paper, obviously you know the achievements and accolades haven't mashed up to Jordan's. But as far as talent and just effect on the game, I think he's in that cut of Gord for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, they're gonna they try hard to make a run. They've mortgaged a lot of their future. They want Luca to stay. They need this to work out this year. The West standings, though, are so nuts because when they lost that one game, and again I want to point out that going into the game, I think they were ten to two on a run of twelve games. They fell from fifth place to eighth place on the back of one loss, and that's because the Suns, Kings, Pelicans, they're all bunched together there.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: The Pelicans also lost, they just lost to the Bulls, but they are seven to three in February. They had the tenth to of schedule remaining. But their defense is buckled down, which so that's good. And then if you look at the the Kings, Sabonis just had his twentieth criple double on Saturday night. Fox is averaging almost thirty three points a game over the last four games. They like to stay out of the play in too. So I want to just ask you about your old team there. Given all the other teams in the West we've talked about, what is your take on the Kings right now and what their chances are going forward.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, obviously I'm a bit biased. I always want success for this, you know, this Kings team. I think they did something great last year and you know, finally ending that drought making the playoff run. Uh, So they've built a lot of momentum moving forward. They have a young cord whose future is very very bright, the playing style, you know, uh, coach Brown being in the mix. So it's a lot of things in their favor right now, and I think just moving forward, only thing they need to focus on is you know, just improving his team. Continue to add talent, continue to add complimentary pieces to you know, d'aranyon, Fox and Sabonis, also Monk who's a huge piece of that team. So they got a lot of things in their favor moving forward. It's just about continuing to add the right pieces and improve this team. I am a little disappointed that after all of the success last year, they didn't really make any moves, no deadline moves, no offseason moves. They just kind of returned with the same team. And I think after last year's you know success, it should have just been a year of you know, continuing to build off of that momentum. Obviously they're still in the place of success that they are a playoff team, they have a great chance of you know, missing this play in, and even if they are in the plan, that's a very scary team to play for a one game you know, all type situations. So my biggest thing is they just have to continue to improve this team because I think they have the foundation to you know, find some real, real success in this league. But it's just about adding the right pieces to that talent. So very young, exciting team and you know, the future is very, very bright for this King team.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's so matchup dependent in this playoff that's coming up. Like I just feel like whoever they draw in the first round, they could win that and you know advanced, or they could get knocked out in the play in. It just kind of depends a little bit on who they're playing. So that will be interesting. The seating and the switching around in this conference, it seems like it's going to come down to the final day. That's exciting. It's part of what the play in was built for to make this last kick of the season a little more involved and more fun. But I'm not sure how fun it is for the team is involved. It seems like these coaches must have a migraine every morning when they wake up and look at the standings, because it is nuts out there, and it's made even more nuts when I don't know your players are involved in a major ball We had five players suspended in heat Pelicans the other night, and it got you know, I mean, look, no fight in the NBA is serious, but it got heated. It got heated. You had Jimmy Butler and Naji Marshall getting into it. Marshall ended up choking Butler. Thomas Bryant got into it with Jose Alvarado left the bench. They each got three games. So I don't know. I just wanted to ask you, because you've been in some scraps, Boogie, what is a mindset if you're a player, especially on the bench, and you know the rule and the rule's been there forever, but you see a fight breakout on the court and you want to stick up for your team, what do you do in the moment there? What's going through your head?
Speaker 3: It's a lot of emotions going, it's a lot of thoughts and when things just kind of happen spurred the moment. You know, being an athlete, being a professional athlete, a lot of things are just reactions.
Speaker 2: It's instinct.
Speaker 3: So you know, being role players being you know, having certain roles on teams, some guys are there to be you know, protectors, protect the stars, things of that nature. So every situation is different. But for the most part, if you're a role player, you know you want to protect your stars. You want to one protect them from harm too. You want to protect them from doing anything that's going to then harm or put the game in harm's way. You also have to keep in mind that the goal is to win the game at the end of the night. So sometimes it's just pulling that star away or pulling that teammate away to prevent it from moving, you know, going any further, or having it to where they can't finish out this game. So, like I said, every situation is different. I've never agreed with the rule or if you step on the court you get suspended. That's like to me, that's like the front office doing half assed work, a lazy job of actually, you know, looking into the details of what.
Speaker 2: The situation is.
Speaker 3: So it's just like, ah, he was on the court, everybody suspended. So it's just like, to me, it's a lazy rule. But at the same time, rules are the rules, So as a player you have to be conscious of that, and even in the most heated moments, you have to you know, still shift your mind to you know, protecting your teammates, protecting the team, and still you know, reaching that end goal, which is winning the game that night. So it's a tough balance, especially in the heat of the moment, but it's it's more than possible.
Speaker 1: What was yours sort of hold me back moment? Like which teammate held you back in a scenario on the court where if it hadn't gotten that way it would have been bad for you.
Speaker 3: Me. Uh, nothing really stick out. I was a pretty mind mannered guy.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm not sure that sentence has ever been said about you. I'm sorry, but.
Speaker 3: It's been a few And like I said, when your emotions are going, it's the heat of the moment, you know, you always do need those teammates to kind of bring you back to reality or bring you back to a place of calmness and just you know, kind of help you refocus. So it has been situations for me, And like I said, that's a part of being a teammate, protecting your stars, protecting guys from harming themselves, and also the team. And you know, the main goal every night is to go win the game. So I appreciate every you know, teammate that kind of righted that situation for me or put me back in a place of focus.
Speaker 1: I mean, not that you needed it, because you were so mild mannered on the court. Gen you a sign of desk sign mister mildmanner. An unfortunate situation in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Bug.
Speaker 1: The news came out over the weekend. Trey Young he will be reevaluated in a month. It's not that he's going to be out a month. He will be out a month and then reevaluated with the finger injury. The Hawks right now are sitting in a tenth place in the East. They've got twenty six games to go. Now. The gulf between ten and eleven is so huge that it's possible they will weather this without a Trey coming back and they'll still be in tenth. But I don't see them getting out of the plane if that happens and they don't have him, And if i'm him, I don't know if I just come back for like the first of all, I don't know when doctors are going to say he can come back, and you know, if they do get back for one game, for two games, and that then begs the question of is this the last time? Have we seen the end of Trey Young in a Hawk's uniform? Because there's been so much chatter around him in possible trade scenarios, do you think he'll ever suit up for Atlanta again?
Speaker 2: I hope not.
Speaker 3: I hope this is the last time we see him in the Hawks uniform. I've spoken this plenty times before. I feel like his talent is being wasted. His prime is being wasted. His talent is being wasted. I feel like him handling this situation the way he is. I think it's a move based on, you know, a personal it's a more personal decision. This is a more selfish decision, which I'm okay with. And the reason I say that, one, this team isn't going anywhere this year. Two, they haven't really shown that they're trying to improve or that they want to take the step to you know, improving his team or anything of that nature. So I totally feel it's Okay, for Trey Young to make this type of move, get healthy, get yourself one hundred percent correct, and you know, look forward to the next season, whether that's in Atlanta or you know, fingers crossed. My personal hope is the San Antonio Spurs.
Speaker 1: Spurs. I mean it's so perfect.
Speaker 2: Right, It's a matchmaking heaven. It just it just makes sense.
Speaker 3: But with that being said, this this Hawks team just isn't doing anything for this talent. And you know, I take it personal because I was in that situation once and I would hate to see this talent just go continue to go the ways I want him to be in a successful and winning environment so he can really show his talent and I think he deserves that. So hopefully this off season, this is a season where he puts his foot down, uses his power, and moves to a situation that's going to be healthy for him. So you know, get healthy, get your injuries together, and you know, be ready for your future.
Speaker 2: So I don't see anything wrong with this move at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and look, we don't know how serious it is. Sometimes something looks really minor, but there's ligament damage or whatever. So you know, who knows what went into the medical decision. But I got to say, not only would he be such a perfect fit in San Antonio, the Spurs have a lot of the Hawks picks from the Dejonte Murray deal, so I'm sure Atlanta would like some of its picks back as well, So we have to look for that. But if Trey is available, there will be a lot of suitors lining up for Trey Young. And I know all about the defense and everything, but he's improved. He's not a great defender, but he has improved on defense. He has steadily improved offensively and just look more comfortable throughout the last couple of seasons. And I think he would make a big difference to a lot of teams. Are the Lakers gonna make a move for him this summer? They're going to have three number one draft picks starting after the you know, starting at the draft, so that is going to be an interesting question. I just think there's going to be a lot of interest there, And from the Hawks perspective, in a way, this gives them a you know, four to six week run to see what a de Jante Murray led team looks like, right because they've only been able to see him paired with Trey except for a couple of random games this way, Okay, great, your team. He was obviously dangled out in trade for like a month leading into the trade headline, but now he's going to have the chance to be the leader on the floor, and I'm curious to see what happens and whether it turns out that they're like, huh, we could trade Trey Young. We have something here with Dejante. We're going to keep that part of the equation. So I do think it's an interesting turning point for the Hawks and Trey Young in their relationship, and we'll have to see what happens. But uh, I don't want to take anyone off a team because I know the fans of that team are always upset with media when we do that. But I just the idea of him and weinby together is just so appealing.
Speaker 3: Absolutely insane. Like I said, that's a match made in heaven. And I pray to the basketball guys.
Speaker 1: On a night please there you go.
Speaker 2: I need this to happen for basketball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, right, it would be so so so much fun. I'm going to give you ever played the game two truths in a lie book? Are you familiar with that. I'm going to we give you three stats. Two of them are true, one of them is a lie. You got to figure it out. Here goes stat number one, Drew Holliday is shooting sixty four percent on corner threes. Stat two, Mike Conley has never had a technical foul in his entire career.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Stat three Dearon Fox is leading the league in steals.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, And one of them is a lie. Mm hmm, all right, I'm gonna say the lie is Drew Holliday shooting sixty four from corner threes. I know Mike Conley has never had a technical foul.
Speaker 1: Which is crazy, by the way, crazy.
Speaker 2: It really is crazy.
Speaker 3: As long and as great of a career as Mike has had, it almost makes you wonder has he ever cared?
Speaker 1: You know, we know he cares. He such a releader.
Speaker 2: I know we know Mike can.
Speaker 3: But man, it's like I said, it's just so many motions in a basketball game to never get one.
Speaker 2: It's tough.
Speaker 1: Imagine if the two of you could like combine your technicals that way, you would have had half.
Speaker 3: Nah, we probably just end the year with seventeen zero for him.
Speaker 2: Seventeen for me. But but.
Speaker 3: I think the Aaron Fox leading the league and steels is also a true.
Speaker 1: So I like it.
Speaker 2: What are the results? Let me know, let me know.
Speaker 1: You are wrong, but be cousins, you are not correct. Aaron Fox is not leading the league in steals.
Speaker 3: Man, it's my other Kentucky guard right yo? Oh Man, Well I was closed. Shay, you have an incredible year, bro, incredible.
Speaker 1: Ye yes, I mean, and shout out to Drew Holliday. Sixty four percent on corner threes.
Speaker 2: That's tough, Drew, that's really tough.
Speaker 1: That's not bad. That's not bad. I still think that Mike Conley said is the most.
Speaker 2: Impressive, definitely the most IMPRESSI there you.
Speaker 1: Go, all right, I'll take that back. Presented by DraftKings, Let's look at the odds for Lebron reaching forty thousand points, which is just an insane sentence to say forty thousand points. DraftKings has odds on when that is going to happen. Lebron right now as we sit here, is seventy four points from hitting that Mark Bogie. Let's take a look at the upcoming slate here and which games we think he might do this now. DraftKings is paying the best odds for the March fourth game versus the Thunder. There's also a March second game before that where they have that at plus one fifty. That's against the Nuggets. There's a March six game versus the Kings. There's a game versus the Bucks, and then there's a game on Leap Day February teny ninth versus the Wizards where the odds are plus two thousand. But I don't know if the theory is he could get all seventy four points in that game because it is against the Wizards. All right, So book, which bet are you taking? Which game do you think Lebron will hit that number?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say it's going to take about, you know, three games to make this happen. So I'm gonna go with March second versus the Nuggets. You know, let's say he just has two incredible games. Let's say he goes to you know, thirty a piece.
Speaker 1: Like we were still get into that third game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we know he's about fifteen away, and you know, Lebron scoring fifteen, I don't think that'll ever be an issue. So I'm gonna go with March second versus the Nuggets. I think just timmy wise, mathematical and wise, it just makes sense.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think part of it that you're playing with is better is you know, does he play on that back to back that the Lakers have coming up? So obviously that'll be a huge difference in all of these odds. And again, don't underestimate the Wizard's defense, I'm just saying, And don't underestimate Lebron by the way, in the fact that when he got close to passing Kareem, like he just like put the foot on the gas. He wanted to do it, he wanted to do it quickly.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I think he definitely enjoyed the distraction and he enjoyed what was happening, but he also wanted to get it over with a little bit, and he wanted it to happen at home, so he sort of made that happen. You know. Lebron is very wise about these things, and obviously passing forty k is not as sort of a tent pole moment in NBA history as passing Kareem specifically, But he knows, he knows every point, every minute, everything, and I would expect him to try to get this done kind of quickly. And you know, as I said, the odds against the Wizards or plus two thousand. But you never know, people, you never know. So we'll see what happens. All right, We got to get to a quick doom scroll here as we wrap up. Paolo Bancaro was out Sunday with an illness. Now that was just one day removed from hitting the game winner. The Magic had it back to back with Detroit, right, so Saturday and Sunday in Atlanta. Let's see, he was well enough to hit a game winner the day before, but I don't know. Do you think he got Magic City?
Speaker 3: Oh man, I'm gonna go out on the limit. Say, you know, young fella is the ultimate professional. Okay, He's always prepared for work. He's going to be a pro no matter if he's at work or outside of work. I think he carries himself the correct way. And I'm just going to blame it on a bad batch. He encountered a bad batch and.
Speaker 1: But not a bad batch of Magic City wings. This is what you're saying.
Speaker 3: I can't say that because they Friday wings hard, So I just don't really see that.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna go out on the limit. Say this is a legit illness for the young fella.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, I think that is probably true, by the way, But if you're following along and don't know what we're talking about, just Google you'll you'll see everything you need to see. In fact, you'll see quite a lot really, so over there there you go. All right, but thank you so much, as always for everyone out there.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You can catch all episodes of Ball on the DraftKings Network, which is really cool. You can catch us something all the Smoke Productions YouTube channel, and of course you can find us wherever you get your podcast. So if you're listening right now in the car and boogie and I got to ride along with you, thank you. We enjoyed the ride. And you know, slow down in the passing lane. That's all I got to say. We'll catch you next week. Bye, guys,