Speaker 1: Welcome to NFL Daily, where we're really getting tired of the Browns letting us down. I am Greg Rosenthal. I'm in my garage with Jordan Rodrieg. This is a last minute campus episode going live because we have to talk about some follow ups to our long show Sunday night. Deshaun Watson has been named the starting quarterback of the Browns. Jordan, We're going to get to you in a second, but let's just start with the sound the press conferences on Monday morning after we learned Deshaun Watson was going to be the Browns quarterback, Todd Monkin and Deshaun Watson both spoke, we will get to Ashton gent news. We will get to a lot of interesting injury news, players returning from injuries as well around training camp, but we have to start in Cleveland and we'll get you out of here in about thirty minutes or so. Let's hear first from Todd Monkin and how he made the decision, how.
Speaker 2: DeShawn is going to start against Jacksonville. Took in the whole body of work over the course of off season, to training camp, to the games, the joint practice, and ultimately felt like to start the season on the road, Deshaun gave us the best chance to move the ball and score points. I mean, that's really what it's about. And felt that way going in the last game, but wasn't sure, and after we talked as a staff and after we relooked at everything, we're gonna go that direction.
Speaker 1: Spoke on Sunday night that I thought I didn't have any trust in the Browns to do the right thing, which I think for their football team in this case, would have been to start Shador Sanders and to just end the Deshaun Watson era in Cleveland. I was curious how Moncin and Watson would both respond to the fans reaction. Let's hear from Monkin in terms of whether that was a factor.
Speaker 3: In his decision.
Speaker 1: The big booze that they gave to Deshaun Watson after his rough performance over the weekend.
Speaker 2: I don't like being booed either. I don't like up all sides three times at the other game. Okay, But we earned that right. We earn our respect by how we play. We earn our fans right in terms of appreciation of the product we put on the field, and that's our job. So on one side, I one hundred percent understand where de Shawn is coming from. But ultimately we're pros. I mean, we got to put on a good product and we gotta play. You gotta pull your big boy pants up and let's go play.
Speaker 1: I was actually surprised by the media reaction after everything that they just couldn't play the Shahn Watson again, that they just thought it's gonna be shitar standers. It made me hope that the fans could actually have a say here. Ultimately they didn't. I thought it was telling Jordan that Monkin mentioned in his first bit there that starting the season on the road mattered to him. Just curious for your thoughts of like what they are thinking here and what you are thinking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I Greg, you know, I love football so much and it brings me a lot of joy. And this entire year's long saga at this point it makes you feel really cynical as as just a person who loves what the sport can do and what it can do for fans.
Speaker 5: And you know, there's a lot of layers to it.
Speaker 4: Obviously we've covered all of this at length, but it you have no choice but to really feel cynical watching not only all of this unfold, but expecting it this as I did, expecting this to happen this way the entire time. I think that one thing that certain NFL teams will remind us again and again and again is that they truly believe that they can make you forget everything that they previously had done, good, bad, or indifferent, as long as at some point they're winning football games. And so these mileage of misery that has been happening that's been played out so long here in Cleveland over the last several years, the Browns are clearly setting themselves up or trying to to get a top quarterback next or this offseason. They're clearly operating with the belief and expectation that they have a plan, and silly you for thinking that you could be disgruntled along the way. They're going to do what they want anyway and what they believe they are smarter than everyone else in doing. And they are also going to really really hope and depend on what they believe clearly to be a truth, and that is that people will forget everything and forgive everything if eventually they're winning football games. I don't know that this organization will, but that's clearly what they're telling you right now, and Todd Munkin's even saying that, he says it in his press conference, we earn our respect with how we play. Okay, Well, that says a lot of things to me right there.
Speaker 3: It does.
Speaker 1: And yet I agree when when Deshaun Watson was booed and he said, you know, it was personal on some level, yes, because of all the misery that he's brought them in the embarrassment, I mean, the contract was an embarrassment when it happened, and they knew that they were in the crosshairs immediately, And I think the front office totally misunderstood the human element throughout number one of how Deshaun Watson would handle being so vilified, of how long the NFL would suspend him after he was credibly accused of sexual assault by twenty seven women and settled with the vast majority of them.
Speaker 3: And yet I.
Speaker 1: Actually think the up out, you know, pouring of Deshaun Watson news and hatred over the weekend was more about a his performance. He was truly awful in that game, and he has not looked like a remotely good quarterback for years, and he's coming off to torn Achilles. He's just slow to process, slow to everything. If he was playing well, I think they would forget about it. But number two, I think people were just mad about how he handled the press conference. That was it that he had, you know, the temerity to still be so clueless and tone deaf about getting mad at the fans and that if he could play football they would cheer, and you know what, they're probably right.
Speaker 3: And I know he was saying.
Speaker 1: Starting on the road was a factor in this and wasn't the biggest factor. And I don't I'm going to give him the benefit of that. I don't think he meant that he's afraid of the fans just booing him. He says they didn't talk about that at all. He thinks it's because he can run an operation better than Shador Sanders, getting the plays out, you know, pre snap penalties, all that is more difficult on the road. And that's the biggest difference between Watson and Schaudure. And I believe him in that evaluation. But it's not going to be easy at home either when they're booing the crap out of them. And I hate to think that they're sole Jordan that they think well, We'll give them two games on the road. They aren't they aren't easy, Jacksonville and Tampa. And if he's bad in those two games, I have to think that they're already thinking in the back of my mind it's shirirr Sanders by week three, Like I'm my over under for Shoudur Sanders playing football for this team is halftime of week three, Like, I don't even know if he gets the halftime.
Speaker 3: It could be, it could be before that.
Speaker 5: I just fail to see.
Speaker 4: First of all, how are you running your I don't know the answer to this question.
Speaker 5: By the way, this is a I would like to know the answer to this.
Speaker 4: How are you running your approach to the to the development, the quarterback development, to where you're not confident enough in a player who did start home and road games for you last season to operate on the road that you still need to see more from one of those players, and that you might I think that honestly, them doing this now because I feel so cynical about this, and I again, I expected them to do this the entire time. The second they guaranteed Deshaun Watson all of that money. This was their fate that they sealed themselves, and so I expected this to happen the second he was actually like physically capable to play like some version of football. Again, this is what I expected, because you obviously can't cut him with the Dutch. I mean, you could do anything you want, honestly, truly, you could do anything you want, but in terms of realistically operating a football team, that the dead money incurred would just be too exorbitant to even feel the roster, right, So I always believed that this was going to be the case. And to me, it's like, what would even be the point of even doing this if you're not going to roll with him the full year.
Speaker 5: You heard the fans, You heard the fans. You know that that's not changing.
Speaker 4: The play is probably not getting any better, and you want an early pick next year, and you don't want to have to spend all of these resources you just acquired to go get it. So you're you're going in with this. To me, they are this is all of this. It's almost like the easiest, simplest answer, and the obvious truth is it just is what it is.
Speaker 1: And yet if he plays at the level in regular season football and the the you know, mental firing doesn't get faster than it's been in the preseason or even when he last played before the achilles. I think they'll they'll have no choice but to make a change.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: It is really crazy that this front office got so much love this offseason for a good offseason, and yet they are willing to put their fans through this. Deshaun Watson did not apologize for his press conference the other day. I have watched headlines that say Deshaun Watson apologized. At no point in the press conference, just like when he talked about the allegations against him, did he actually apologize. What he said was I was I'm human and the emotions got the best of me. Let's listen to a little more of what Watson said.
Speaker 6: I'm moving forward. I just want to focus on football, making sure that you know, I'm putting the best product out there, having the best ability. You know, because I thrive off the energy. I throw off the energy of the fans, I throw off the energy of the community. I thrive off all that stuff. You know. I think looking back in my history at Clemson and you know previous set up Houston organization. You know, I was a big community guy, big city god, big fan guy, you know, during the game. So you know, again, my emotions got the best to me. I'm a human. I'll take full responsibility of that.
Speaker 1: I picked that particular part of his two and a half minute long intro because I think it speaks to something we talked about a little bit on Sunday night. You forget that, Walter, You know, Deshaun Watson was not just like a beloved figure in college and with Houston. That actually being the good guy was central to his entire identity and his entire reputation in the NFL. And that's where I think the Browns also miscalculated things. He does not play with confidence, he does not speak with confidence. He does not speak honestly. Even in this press conference, he said, the reason I came to Cleveland was to you know, you know, put them on the map and win a lot of games. And I wanted to, you know, the fans to be proud of me. And it's like, no, the reason you came to Cleveland is because they guaranteed all your money. You wanted to go to Atlanta, you chose to go to Cleveland at the very last second, after they were literally the one team out of the four that wanted you, that you eliminated in the process because you didn't want to play in Cleveland. Like the whole thing has been a lie throughout. But one thing I think that he is hinting at there, which I do think is true, is that his fall from Grace and the fans hatred of him is all interconnected into why I have no hope that this is going to work and why why it hasn't worked.
Speaker 3: Like I do think it affects the product on the field.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I do. I you mentioned it in the show you did with Nick Schook. Great show, by the way.
Speaker 4: It was like you said, you didn't want to be like an armchair psychologist about it, but it's almost like it's like on a billboard at this point, you know, of like it can't it can't be anything other than that.
Speaker 5: He even sounded nervous talking.
Speaker 4: There at the at the lectern to me and seemed sort of fidgety, like he just wasn't quite sure of himself there even at the at the lectern. And you know you you asked the question, did it even sound like he wanted this job? Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he lost like.
Speaker 1: The football players, that's where he lost the dan Or Lafski's and everything. When he started to sound like this is too much for me. I don't even want to do this anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and and so I just think and again, and just to be a little bit clearer because I sort of stumbled over my point earlier. If you don't have a development program where you feel confident that a player and it's truly more upside than Deshaun Watson in shoulder Sanders right now has more, in my opinion, more upside if you don't believe that you're getting him prepared enough to run a road operation.
Speaker 5: Like that. This is the alternative here, Yeah, what are we doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It's a bummer. And I think this team is more talented than many of the Browns teams over certainly like the like a decade ago when they were really among the worst league, but even in terms of young talent than the last few years. And they've mismanaged the quarterback situation so bad because ultimately should here when you watch that tape, wasn't that good this week? And he takes a long time to process. He is a mid round pick level second year quarterback to me, where I think if he has a good career it'll be as a backup and sometimes starter, and you shouldn't see what you have in him. They drafted a quarterback they preferred over him two rounds before Dylan Gabriel, who wasn't even in the mix here. So as an organization, Andrew Berry has to wear all the decisions that they've made, even since Deshaun Watson. Let's move on and let's get to the rest of the league. We had a nice update here, Jordan when we talked to Ashton Genty on our Sunday night show. The Raiders are praying and everything looks terrible, and it's part of the reason why I wanted to do just a quick news show today is because we have a positive Ashton Genty update and that it's an ankle injury. The timeline right now is uncertain, but the team, according to Ian Rappaport, does not believe it is a long term injury.
Speaker 4: What a relief too, because all the reports that were coming out in the moment were dire, right Like, I'm genuinely, legitimately worried about Ashton Janty's well being at that point when these things happen, and I mean, it's a relief and I think too.
Speaker 5: I'm really excited.
Speaker 4: I hope that he plays gets back out there sooner rather than later. These can be fickle injuries, but especially from what I saw and I was doing part of my trading camp tour, what I saw at the Raiders joint practices against the Texans, getting him involved in the passing game, and getting him much more involved in the passing game, in the screen game, and all of these things, getting him to space, catching and running.
Speaker 5: Like, I'm so excited to see it.
Speaker 4: So I'm happy for him that he avoided what sounds like something way that could have been or looked at least like it was way more serious.
Speaker 1: Right, There's all sorts of different types of ankle injuries. Jeremiah Love is coming off a high ankle spraining that could keep him out for the beginning of the season. We don't have all the details yet, but I did some poking around. I don't think it's crossed off yet that gent misses weak one, but we don't know. It's these types of injuries, and I think the timeline will be spelled out more. The bigger thing is they need to figure out how to run the ball consistently. It's an offensive line where they're still figuring out who the starters are going to be. Jackson Powers Johnson like still not you know, sharing reps and everything.
Speaker 3: It's a new system.
Speaker 1: But I like Mike Washington, and I like the fact that Genti will be back early enough. If you're like me and you're draft in your fantasy league tonight, well just you know, I would just avoid the whole thing or take Mike Washington. At some point, we have breaking news on this show that I don't know if you even know if you've checked your text there, and our producer Eric Roberts is so on top of things, I don't know if he's going to have a graphic if you're watching us on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Oh look at that sound breaking news. The Houston Texans.
Speaker 1: Are making the trade that everyone, including myself, but I was hardly the only one was saying they should make Keyshaun Boody going from New England to the Patriots. Tom Pelisero is the first insider that we see with the news. It is for safety Jalen Read not believed to be a big factor for the Patriots this year and a draft pick. Sources tell Tom Pelsero now of the Bringer, and I love it when teams make a trade that just makes sense. Jordan, this makes the Texans better. And the fact that it says and a draft pick, I guess it depends where he's getting the information from, so I won't speculate too much, but that tends to make me think it's a Day three draft pick either way. What do you think about the fit and the trade Kishon Booty to the Texans.
Speaker 4: Well, perhaps or maybe there's some conditions to it. The fact that there's a player attached to it too makes me kind of think you're on the right track there.
Speaker 5: I love this.
Speaker 4: I mean it was the obvious thing we had heard since training camp began, not only that Kishon Boudy was playing really really well, but that also he might be tradeable, especially with AJ Brown's arrival in New England, and so the two front offices know each other really really well. There's a lot of crossover on that Texan staff from former eras of the Patriots, and it just I love this For CJ. Stroud, I think this may so much sense in this offense, which is sort of like an amalgamation of New England's previous iterations of its schemes and what the Rams did at one point. So it makes so much sense. This is a you are going to come in and start for us right away. Good for Kishon Booty too, because he'll get he'll get more he'll get a lot.
Speaker 1: Of looks, and he'll get more money potentially in free agency. Yeah, if he's productive, and he would have been in good spots with the Patriots. But to Mario Douglas was their clear three. You know by the money, it's obvious that aj Brown and Romeo Dobs are one and two, and so you're the fourth receiver and you're going to be worked in. Whereas in Houston for fans who aren't on top of this news every day, Jayden Higgins is it was a second year player. Is a second year player that is out for the entire season with the torn ACL has some similarity size wise, I think they're different players in terms of Kishon Booty is just more of like a downfield ball winner, contested catch guy, vertical threat despite not being like the biggest burner.
Speaker 3: That's just how he wins.
Speaker 1: But on some level, they're both physical receivers and he can replace part of what Jayden Higgins was going to do in this offense, and tankdal still hasn't practiced fully. Jalen Noel was a guy they took in the middle rounds last year that was up and down as a rookie. He hasn't been practicing all Campbell though he did recently return, so that's a good sign for him. And after that, it's like it's role player types that have been kicking around their roster for a while, Guys that make a lot more sense as wide receiver four or wide receiver five. Like I think kish On Booty is not going to get a long term extension from Houston, but he's going to have a really good chance to have an excellent season and make a lot of money in free agency, or who knows, maybe the Texans decide like he is a fit with US long term. Nico Collins is relatively affordable for a wide receiver one. Maybe we can get a relatively affordable like wide receiver two Slash three and Booty ends up signing their long term. But I don't think that's going to happen right away.
Speaker 4: Updated terms, It's nice to see the guys working sort of together again, but I know they are at different companies now. But Ian Rappaport is saying it's a twenty twenty eighth seventh rounder, so definitely a later pick, but like I mentioned, a player being involved in that too does make a difference there. Also, I do want to point out I love seeing this for Tom. They've already got him the breaking news graphics at the Ringer.
Speaker 5: They're slick looking.
Speaker 4: I have to say, so good for everybody you know, getting and getting that news done.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Good for us that we timed this show for the news that happen right away, which is why I'm literally tweeting it back out, just to let people know we're hitting the hitting the booty trade right now.
Speaker 4: As Eric Roberts, our producer, says, everything is coming up.
Speaker 5: Greg, you gotta love that news. He's a newsman.
Speaker 4: Booty is massive for They're like, how you can hear me cracking up in the background of that drop.
Speaker 5: That's so funny. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I know I'm a homer.
Speaker 1: But we did our all underrated team last year, me and Oli Connolly on one of our Saturday shows and we both had kishon Booty last year. I thought it was a really good Like if you just look at the stats, it's not that crazy, but man, he had a ton of big plays, like he was like maybe the most reliable overall receiver for them and really valuable. And it just goes to show teams are always almost always full of it. When they said, well, we're not trying to trade him, we're not calling around, We're we're you know, we're going to keep them unless we get great value, they got no value. They just decided it's a roster crunch. We have a lot of receivers. We like, we're just gonna take anything for him because this is essentially nothing and in good for him but not good for the Patriots ultimately.
Speaker 5: Can can you just not like minimize that they sent another play?
Speaker 4: Like I understand what you're saying, Greg, but sometimes you say things and it's like other human being is also involved in this trade. So like, let's not you know, it's just sometimes just the way you say things.
Speaker 1: Okay, not what you say. Let's I get that a lot. Let's circle back. We'll see maybe Jalen Reid will have a big impact on the Texans, maybe he'll make the team. I don't know if he's even if a easy guy that would make the team or not. I'm not prepared for that. Right now, let's move on to the rest of the news before we get out of there. But that is great. I know we are both high on the Texans this year. We're going to have our big Super Bowl preview episode before the season. I think it's fair to say they are in the mix of teams we might be predicting to make it there.
Speaker 3: And this was one Jalen Reid.
Speaker 4: Also, just to be clear, Jalen Reid's going to the Patriots, not the Texans.
Speaker 3: So this is what happens with live.
Speaker 4: You're well, you're doing a lot of things at once, and sometimes I just let you roll right through. But yes, this don't don't let me roll through if I'm you're doing a lot of things at once. But yes, it to me, it makes sense because I think the Patriots were a little concerned about their safety depth.
Speaker 5: So well, you know fine.
Speaker 1: Our guy Mike Brabele said, it us a transition to that, like, they have no depth. We are not confident in the depth of this team. They do not have depth at cornerback, they do not have depth at safety, they do not have I guess they have depth on the edge. It's just not good and then on the offensive line.
Speaker 3: So a good point.
Speaker 1: And if you there's a lot of good defensive backs that maybe couldn't make the Texans. Jalen Reid is a sixth round pick from a year ago that did make it through a year with the Texans and is a second year player from Penn State. We might as well hit our Patriots news here that Mike Rable was on local radio today and I just thought it was interesting one of those quotes I just wanted to point out when they asked him if him talking about the lack of depth with a shot at the front office essentially, and he said, we are the front office.
Speaker 3: We are making the decisions.
Speaker 1: And I love that and I think it helps people understand Mike ray place in the Patriots.
Speaker 4: You know what I really would have loved And if you were on that program particularly great. I just know this is what you would have asked. Next, who is we? Can you be specific?
Speaker 3: Hmm?
Speaker 1: Great question, And I think the answer is a combination of Mike Rabel and then his guy he brought from Tennessee whose name escapes me right.
Speaker 5: Now, Ryan Cowden.
Speaker 1: Ryan Cowden, those are the two key ones, and then the rest of the front office, which includes Elliott Wolfe, who kind of has the front facing job. But if I had to guess, I think it's number three in that order. But to me, I am interested in how front offices work, and I've long believed that Mike Rabel is not that far in terms of structure from what Bill Belichick was back in the day, like the clear number, like like Andy Reid even is now the clear number one. He's making really important personnel decisions. He has a lot of help. But we are the front office, and we includes Mike Rabel. All right, let's give some positive patriots. Christian Dolls back at practice, practicing fully, not hurt. He was not holding in because he is back now that he's healthy again, and we still haven't seen that contract happen, despite Devin Witherspoon getting paid. Let's hit the Jed York news. The forty nine Ers owner Jed York was arrested over the weekend. This is according to the Associated Press in Ohio and pleaded no contest to misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and possessing criminal tools. York was arrested Sunday, it was an East Palestine, Ohio and released after posting a five thousand dollars bond. He was sentenced to one day in jail for both offenses, to be served concurrently and credited with one day served when he pleaded no contest. That was on Monday morning. That's when the news came out. He was also fined eleven fifty dollars. NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy already has a quote on it and says we are aware of the matter, which will be reviewed under the Personal Conduct Policy. So, like a lot of arrests, we kind of leave it there and we wait to see what the NFL is going to do in this situation. Back to the field, I thought it was interesting, Jordan. On Monday, a couple of items happened. The Steelers activate Jalen Ramsey from pup list, good news, hasn't been practicing, and he immediately says, the Steelers got to pay it my guy, Joey Porter Junior, just like make it happen, like we got to get him back on the field. Pay Joey Porter Jr. Despite the fact that the Steelers had been saying all along, oh, Joey Porter Junior has an injury, it's not a hold in Later that morning, Mike McCarthy also says the quiet part out loud and recognizes that they are at a compact a contract impass with Joey Porter Junior. So just sort of straightening things out and a player they really need. I wouldn't panic about it, but he's probably waiting to see what's happening with Christian Gonzales and they want him back on the field.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's probably all gonna work out fine.
Speaker 4: But one thing about Jalen Ramsey is the second he is back to doing press conferences, he makes the Steelers more interesting. So I'm excited about this, and on the Joey Porter Junior contract, I don't see any reason to believe that they don't get something like that done. He's clearly a part of their young core for whatever happens after this season.
Speaker 1: He is not necessarily like the exact same fit in the defense they want to run now, and so I do wonder it's a they have so much invested in their defense. I agree, of course they want to sign them. They're negotiating with them, Yeah, but it could be something that the price is a difficult one to reach with them because it's a new system. They want to see him in and they're the most expensive defense in the league by far, and they're going to continue to be And they just paid Keanu Beten, who they kind of prioritize. So it could be a tricky one just for a guy that I think has been like a little up and down and it's a new coach, new system just.
Speaker 4: Well, but I think that I think that doesn't give Patrick Graham enough credit for what he can do with players with new defensive coordinator. Yeah, it's technically a new scheme, but Patrick Graham, We've talked about it on this show. He doesn't necessarily adhere to any like set. He's very like, he can mold things very very well. He can shape his playbook and his schemes probably as good as anybody we have right now coaching, especially on that side of the ball, and hasn't had a chance to show it. Hope he gets a chance to show it with Joey Porter Junior. And he's always it's a very, very very tired cliche where it's like we're gonna do what's best for our players, and we're going to put our players in position to be successful. Patrick Graham's actually a coach who actually lives that, and so I don't really that's less of a concern to me the scheme stuff than it is. You need to have at least some sort of a contingency plan after the bubble breaks on this entire roster. And I think on the offensive side you've seen them do it with a couple of younger players, and on defense they're want to have like quote unquoi, I always say this weight bearing walls anyway, yep. So to me, I do think it really is just waiting to see what's up with Christian Gonzalez.
Speaker 5: Honestly that that could be it.
Speaker 1: And they look they've done a good job this offseason. They signed Nick Herberg. I think that contract is going to age really well. They signed Keanu Benton. I think he could have a breakout. Y're a good young player. We'll see if they get Porter Junior Son, who's you know, great in man coverage. But there's only so much man match If.
Speaker 5: You play man, well, you could play match zone. Well, just saying yeah.
Speaker 1: Of course, final nuggets today as we we get out of here on a Monday, the Eagles have Mackay Lemon back at practice. I'm just including these as little nuggets. Finally, that's the first time they've had their first three receivers all practicing in like a month, so that is really great to see. I do think this is the time of year, like, okay, it's go time. Players get back to practice if you want to get ready for Week one. So I mentioned Christian Gonzales, Pukinakua and Miles Garrett are still out. You know, it's been a couple of weeks now. They did not return to practice on Monday. That's you know, growing concern, nothing panic about, but yeah, I'm sure they would like to have him back on the field. The Saints watched a kicker battle between our favorite Irishman Charlie Smith and Tanner Brown and unfortunately the reports are from our friends the Saints block party that Smith has been struggling in practice and the preseason wasn't great. I think proved to be true because they watched that battle and then they choose neither. They signed Daniel Carlson and the expectation is now Daniel Carlson is just going to be their kicker, but we will see. There also was a trade they traded for Zamir White. They traded Dion Jones for Zamir White. That was to the forty nine ers. I think both of those guys are probably long shots to make their respective rosters, so don't need to linger on that one too much. And then disappointing on Sunday night, Bud Clark as we were taping, broke his ankle. He was a second round pick for the Seahawks. So just like a little less depth there. We didn't have you for the preseason show. You did a great job broadcasting the rams. You're up there with Brenda Song. I don't know if you had any like super hot takeaway. Yeah, there we go as we get going here from from preseason week two or your experience or anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's been so much fun. Also, she is so nice. I just have to say, I know I sound like a total fangirl, and that's okay.
Speaker 5: She is so, so, so, so nice and she was having a blast.
Speaker 4: It was really fun to see somebody who normally has people kind of all around her, you know, being a fan of her watching her truly like be a football fan. Like it was just like, really, it was a really joyful experience.
Speaker 5: Hot takes not really.
Speaker 4: I liked how you guys broke down the Stetson Bennett stuff. He's just a gamer, you know, like he just it takes a minute and then once he starts feeling it and just sort of cuts it loose, like you know.
Speaker 5: He could play ball. I mean, I don't know why they would.
Speaker 4: I don't know why they would trade him honestly, Like he's he really they people are forgetting. I guess that they gave him that off year to kind of help regather himself into being a pro player, and like they've invested a lot of of.
Speaker 5: Energy into it. So I mean, I don't know. That's just my opinion though.
Speaker 4: But and then I saw the Bud Clark thing last night, and I was sad to see that because I think, like many people, I was really really excited to see what Mike McDonald and company could could help, you know, help him reach his potential, which I think is pretty high. So tough tough scene to see that. So thank you to James for this nice comment.
Speaker 1: Yes, one of one of our commenters saying, Brenda Song and Jordan perfect, let's make a three women booth with Mina Kay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be the dream crew man.
Speaker 5: Would people be mad? We love.
Speaker 3: Oh. People would love it.
Speaker 1: People would love Look, we're we're getting into regular season mode. It is all happening. Thank you for everyone checking out today's show. We're still got news coming in DK Metcalf also on the field for the Steelers. Good to see he's been out for a couple of weeks. We will update the news as they go during the week. But we changed around the schedule. Let's hit that music, Eric, Let's do our NFC North preview tomorrow. Jordan, this is it for today. We just dropped a two hour show. I couldn't stop honking on Sunday night, so we don't need to drop two shows today. We will do our NFC North preview, maybe the hardest division in the entire NFL to predict. That will be Jordan and myself on Tuesday.
Speaker 3: We will see you the