Speaker 1: If I do need to go in there, you know, I'll do my best, and you know, whenever I can get reps, it's always helpful moving forward.
Speaker 2: How do you Rock say that he's a lot from you and how you're for the room. How you kind of embraced that role this year?
Speaker 1: I think it's kind of I've always kind of viewed myself as someone who just tries to help the team win however I can, and I kind of did that last year obviously when when Baker got named the starter, I did everything I could to to help that team win and help him get ready for games. So, you know, just continue to embrace that role and do everything I can to to help these guys get wins.
Speaker 3: One on UH Sundays. What have you learned from Brock? A lot? You know, Brock is.
Speaker 1: Just in terms of his process, what he does to get ready for the game, He studies a ton and he's very meticulous out that and just the way he goes about, you know, reading the defense, and he does exactly how he's coached. And you know, he doesn't like you just got done telling you guys. You know, he's he's very he stays with himself better than any quarterback I've been around in terms of just taking what the defense gives him, and obviously there's a time and place to be aggressive and try to make throws. But I think he's, you know, very poised in certain situations to be able to just check the ball down and lift to fight another day.
Speaker 2: I was just talking about how good of a resource you've been for him, specifically on the sideline during games. It probably hasn't worked in the opposite direction yet this year, but I'm guessing it's gonna happen on Sunday or.
Speaker 3: Maybe a camp.
Speaker 2: Did it happen or do you have any kind of examples of a pro kind of helping you out in the heat of the moment, kind of recalibrate the way that you've helped him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. I mean, you know, he's been the system now for two years. Obviously this is my first year in it, so just different things in terms of you know where to go hot and you know, when I got a blitz, who I should look to on a certain concept or a certain play. So yeah, Brock has been helping me out ever since I got here in this system now.
Speaker 2: For you know, almost a full season as it's sort of compared to other situations out.
Speaker 3: Of the rooms you've been Yeah, it's a really good system.
Speaker 1: I mean there's just there's answers for everything. I'm not gonna sit here and compare it to any other system that I've been in, but there's just answers for everything that the defense does and that allows the quarterback to go out there and play fast.
Speaker 2: Played a lot of football in your career, but then this year obviously it's been a different thing. But are are you going to be a better quarterback next year?
Speaker 3: Wherever you are? For having been here.
Speaker 1: I just think with experience, you know, you continue to grow as a quarterback and as a person. But yeah, I mean with these with these coaches, with these players, Yeah, I felt like I've grown a lot this year and then I'm just going to continue to take it one day at a time and in one game at a time.
Speaker 3: You're going into.
Speaker 2: Your first playoffs, Sam, So how excited are you about that?
Speaker 3: And I guess how are you going to use this opportunity to get ready for that? Yeah? I mean just excited to keep playing more football. Man.
Speaker 1: Just to you know, Week eighteen isn't the last week of football. That that we're going to be playing here. So that's always a good feeling whenever you can go into the postseason. And yeah, I'm excited about that opportunity and like I said, just to continue to help this team.
Speaker 3: However, I can.
Speaker 2: See when you watch this team, the thing that jumps out is that none of these receivers have an ounce of fear running across the middle of the field, and that's not typical around the league.
Speaker 3: Have you noticed that. It just seems like it's pretty cool to watch. Actually, yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 1: I mean I saw at firsthand when I was, you know, on the sideline watching Deebo take a little screen and Marlon Humphrey kind of, you know, hit him and he just kept going. You know, Devo didn't even see him come and you know, he just kind of looked like he just bounced right off him. So, yeah, got a ton of great, great talent, and like you said, a lot of guys that are very selfless in the way that they play and the way that they act around the building.
Speaker 3: It's a special group that's kind of ancient history. But you could have gotten more money to go elsewhere. You talked about the reason reasons why it like any regrets or.
Speaker 2: Like you know obviously you haven't gotten to play that much.
Speaker 3: Uh, what you knew wasn't guaranteed, but you know you integrets about your decision. No, no, it was IR regrets. O. Good, alright, you appreciate it, guys,