Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. I feel just the bits.
Speaker 2: What's up, everybody, Happy weekend.
Speaker 3: I hope your weekend is already starting off amazing, and this is just going to make it that much better.
Speaker 2: I had Scuba Steve on.
Speaker 3: With me for part one in part three that Part three were always answering listener Q and A, which I put up on my instagram on the show's instagram, so you can submit questions that way. But we talked about some things on the show and his favorite thing about each of his kids. And then part one was just a conversation between two friends catching up on life and what's been going on lately.
Speaker 1: I shared a really streets kind of funny.
Speaker 3: Also, I was angry story about men in uniform, and Scuba talked all about life with his kids. So really good stuff on both of those. But if you're just here for part two to catch up on the show, let's go. Lunchbox says his wife doesn't have a sense of humor.
Speaker 1: Something went down.
Speaker 3: With back to school supplies and he thought something was funny and she said absolutely not, And now he thinks she doesn't have a sense of humor. But you can just tell us, are you team Lunchbox or team wife?
Speaker 2: After you hear this number seven, Lunchbox claims his wife has no sense of humor. I would argue, I think she's very funny. But Lunchbox, what happened between you two guys?
Speaker 4: So my oldest kid is starting kindergarten and I thought, Okay, this is a great time to have some fun. So we went shopping for a new backpack and I brought him home with a Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey backpack.
Speaker 2: And it's a picture of it, and I think, hilarious.
Speaker 4: You send him to school the first day with that backpack just to kind of see the faces and like get reactions and then he can go with his spider Man that he picked out. But it's kind of funny. It's a funny thing. And my wife was absolutely not. We can't do that, like.
Speaker 2: No sense of humor. I'm just shocked you don't have a sense of humor about it. Like a Jack Daniels backpack is funny.
Speaker 4: People see it, They're like, WHOA, what's that kid in kindergarten wearing a Jack Daniels backpack?
Speaker 5: For exactly They'll see that and then they'll think, what kind of parents would give their kid a backpack with a liquor?
Speaker 6: Hello?
Speaker 4: The good thing is kids don't know what it is, don't do They're like, okay, those.
Speaker 1: Are exactly the adults do.
Speaker 4: I mean, I just thought it'd be a funny trick on the first day school for him to go in with it.
Speaker 2: And I can't believe you said no, what is the trick?
Speaker 1: Like, they wouldn't say anything to us.
Speaker 7: They would just judge us secretly and talk about us by their back.
Speaker 4: Well, thanks for no longer having a sense of humor.
Speaker 2: Right, You're welcome, don't you think too? They may say, Hey, I don't know it could your kid could feel a little ostracized when he gets there, different because they're gonna make it feel different because he has a backpack that they have to take from him that he can't wear around everybody else. Why would they not be able to Why would they take it from You can't wear a Jack Daniels T shirt in sixth grade, much less that Jack Daniels backpack is a kindergartener.
Speaker 8: Yeah, like we were able to wear like bud light stuff even when like back in our day with the who was.
Speaker 2: Bud lights, bud shoe by this that you can't wear alcoholic school. Yeah, really, I don't remember those rules. I just know that I thought this was funny.
Speaker 4: I thought it'd be a great way to a to meet other parents because they're gonna be like, man, who's the cool kid with the cool backpack.
Speaker 2: I don't think that is what happened, okay, And.
Speaker 4: It's just funny to see him like first day pictures with him and Jack Daniels backpack.
Speaker 2: So you look back on it in twenty years and be like, look what you wore to kindergarten, h Larry. That could be funny if you have the pictures at home. But I don't think there's any way you said your kid to school with a Jack Daniels backpack.
Speaker 8: I mean, why not take it a step further and put a little Jack Daniels in his lunch.
Speaker 2: That's a crossing the lo who agrees with Are you team lunchbox or team wife? Amy?
Speaker 6: I mean I'm team wife.
Speaker 8: But also I'm gonna say that as a fellow parent, I'm not going to judge if that was someone's backpack, I wouldn't do it to my judge the kid.
Speaker 2: But you'd probably be like, what kind of parents sins our kid with a Jack Daniels backpack?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I'm team Lunchfox, but I can get where Lunchbox thinks.
Speaker 2: This is no your team wife. Yeah, yeah, you just said your team lunchbox. I met wife.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, yes, yes, I met wife. I am team wife. I see the humor in it at home, But if you send it on him to school, there's a chance he could feel like he doesn't fit in because they're gonna have to treat him a bit different because that they have to take his backpack. The other kids' backacks aren't being taken. Yeah, and he gets in trouble, wait why's my backpack taken?
Speaker 4: And then you explained to him like, hey man, I was just doing something funny on the first day. Here's your Spider Man backpack that you want to yay.
Speaker 2: I don't really he'll get the humor at that at five years old. He will at fifteen, But is it worth the delayed gratification of that joke. Yes, it's a lot like the Long Game. Do I say there's some jokes that are you know, play out over time. That's hilarious. I'm team wife Morgan. I do think his wife has a sense of humor. But I think I'm team lunchbox.
Speaker 6: I'm Jack Daniels back Wait are you miss making like I did?
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: I think this is a funny joke.
Speaker 2: It's harmless.
Speaker 3: I think other parents are gonna see it and laugh. I don't know that any kids are gonna think anything of it right now because they're so young.
Speaker 2: I would just sear they have to take the backpack, and he feels lesser than well.
Speaker 3: I think also, if I had to guess, this is lunchbox his household, and he's probably used to that's happening if I had to get but this.
Speaker 4: Is a first day of school, like announcing because it's a new school. He's starting kindergarten. Like hey, where the family of the lives to be fun?
Speaker 2: No intro, like a bud light Jack Daniels party on its right with a five year old. You guys can go to our Facebook page leave us your thoughts on this.
Speaker 5: It's the best Bits of the Week with Morgan. Number two, Blake Shelton was on the.
Speaker 2: Show this week.
Speaker 3: He talked about his new Las Vegas residency, which is super exciting. And he also talked about working with post Malone and their collaboration that's taking over. Everybody's loving the post Malone collapse. But we also heard a funny story because him and Gwynn just celebrated their three year wedding anniversary and they're.
Speaker 2: Just like us.
Speaker 3: They're normal people who celebrated an anniversary, but not really because they didn't have time.
Speaker 1: So here's the full interview with Blake Shelton number six.
Speaker 2: Like, Hey, Bobby, what's happening him?
Speaker 8: Not too much?
Speaker 9: What are you doing, buddy?
Speaker 2: Talking to you? Where are you right now?
Speaker 9: I'm in Oklahoma?
Speaker 2: Okay? Nice? Hey, same time zone. What's up, buddy? It never happened. You always like two hours earlier.
Speaker 3: I know, I know.
Speaker 9: I missed you, buddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I miss you too.
Speaker 8: Hey.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about this residency here. You're doing it. You just accepted the millions of dollars to do a residency, and I'm so proud for you. Look at this guy. He needed it. Now he's doing it. Let's go.
Speaker 9: Thank no, thank you. I'm sure you used it. I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: So what's this residency going to be about? What are you going to do there all the hits. I don't.
Speaker 9: That's kind of what I wanted to talk to you about. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm here to consult you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I've been to two shows in Las Vegas residency shows. Obviously, I went to probably fifteen or sixteen of Gwen's shows, and years ago I went to see the very first Shania Twain residency that's probably been fifteen or sixteen years ago at least. And so I know enough about him to know that, you know, you got to change it up. I mean, I know it's not I guess you don't have to, but what I've seen and what I've heard about him, it is you got to change it up from what you would normally do on tour. I mean, and so still help me. I mean, Mark, you're just sitting there and I'm just sitting there.
Speaker 2: I'm just I'm gonna tell you why it's gonna be amazing because first of all, and you're gonna have to it's gonna be uncomfortable because I'm gonna compliment you a lot. So just sit back and accept. I know, just sit back and accept the compliments. This is why your Vegas Residency show is going to be awesome because the venues are much tighter. They're they're a little smaller, but they're much tighter, meaning Blake's gonna be super close to the audience. And the thing about Blake is he's become such a larger than life personality. I think at times people may forget that Blake can really sing, and I think the two things that are gonna really pay off are one he's hilarious and two he can just sit there with a guitar and play every freaking hit that he has and sound wonderful while telling jokes, making other people who watch him extremely jealous in the entertainment world because because he's got it all, so this is it's his uncomfortable That's what I'm saying. But it's why it's going to be awesome because you're gonna get to do and again, it's not going to be like an acoustic show, but there will definitely, I would assume, be moments of you just sitting there talking to the crowd because it is such an intimate place. I think this would be the best place to actually see you do a show.
Speaker 9: Wait a minut I'm writting this down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, put it all down there.
Speaker 9: I got it well, thank you, buddy, And that is a good idea because I know that's what Garth. I didn't get to see Garth's show, but I heard that he just walked in and sit down with just him and he's a guitar and I don't want to necessarily do that, so I could be ripping off Garth.
Speaker 2: And I've been doing that my whole life anyway.
Speaker 9: But I do like the idea of the intimate thing, and maybe there's a time in the show where we can just do something acoustic. But I like that. Thank you, Bobby.
Speaker 2: You're already doing this for everybody listening. Blake is not playing me for a fool. He was already going to do this because he knows what he's awesome at, and that's playing music and being funny, and he's got all these sections. I'm sure it's going to be awesome everybody listening. Blake Shelton live in Las Vegas, his first Vegas residency. It'll be at Caesar's Palace, the Coliseum at Caesar's. And so today's the big announcement, and the public on sal is the sixteenth, so like a week in a day, So today's Thursday. So next Friday is the on sell at Blake Shelton dot com. That's pretty cool, man. I'm sure they've offered you this many times. Why now.
Speaker 9: I don't remember exactly when the conversation started about us putting an Old Red in Las Vegas, but that's when the conversations first started that I remember, and that goes back. You can imagine five or six years ago, just the early talks of an Old Red there, and I just kept kicking the can down the road because I figured, I don't want to do it until the Old Red is up and running and all the kinks are worked out, so I can go back and forth between the two while I'm there. You know, it'd be a lot of fun to do the you know show at Caesar's and then go pop in the Old Red over there and jump on stage there and do something with who ever's playing over there, you know. So I just kept pushing until this moment came, hoping that it would come.
Speaker 2: And so here we are. That's super cool. It's gonna be a great show. Blake Shelton's on with us, which, by the way, you just celebrated three years in marriage. How do you guys do anniversary gifts.
Speaker 9: This year. I'm laughing because this year was kind of it was pathetic our anniversary happened, but it happened exactly when Gwenn still does the voice and I've officially been retired now over a year, and so she was filming the voice on the day of our anniversary. Just it's just the way things worked out. And so those days are like, you know, they're the longest days that we experience as spoiled entertainers, you know, I mean literally, especially for Gwen. She gets up at like five am and works till ten or eleven at night. You know, filming the blind auditions. It's kind of a run and gun thing. You know, you've seen that side of that stuff. And so she came in morning, right before she left, and she had already gone through her glam and stuff and she was literally walking out the door and she had a box and she was like, this is really stupid, but I looked it up and the three year anniversary traditional gift is leather, and so I opened this box and it was like, you know, leather scented things that you hang in your truck, like over the the rear view mirror and like a you know, a leather phone case or something like that. And she was like, I know it's dumb, but I just it was last minute and I gotta go, you know.
Speaker 3: So that was that was this year.
Speaker 9: Our first year anniversary was a little more special. You know, we had actual gifts and and and you know, had a moment. But this year was like, hey, we made it three years. I'll see you later. What that sounds like?
Speaker 6: What she did for you? What did you do for her?
Speaker 9: I don't remember. I think, I I think I oh, I know what I did. I ordered, I had some kind of you ever heard of gold Belly? You don't know what gold belly is?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: Is it sushi?
Speaker 9: Gold Belly is like this app where you can order food from restaurants from all across the country, Like if you love Biscuit Love, Biscuit Love is on there right there in Nashville, and you can order biscuits from Biscuit Love but have them shipped frozen to my house in Oklahoma. So I had ordered some cakes and things that like, she loves Italian desserts. I ordered some Italian desserts that we ate the next day, which was fourth of July. It wasn't the best, I admit it.
Speaker 2: How did you and post Malone end up doing the song together? For me a drink?
Speaker 9: I was laughing. I was telling my publicist West, I said, Man, thank god post Malone got me back on country radio. I never thought I would say something like that. But I don't really know. You know, I had met him six or eight years ago. We did a a fifty year anniversary to the Elvis Comeback Special when Elvis did his television appearance after he came back out of the military, and so CBS wanted to do this real you know, like fifty year anniversary, and I hosted the show and then we had a bunch of different artists came and perform Elvis songs. And post Malone was on this thing, and he was a brand new artist. I think he probably had two hits or something at the time, and he was just a kid. He's still a kid to me. But that was the first time I met him, and we talked to that day and I realized he's from right down here in Fort Work, that's not far from where I live. And we hit it off. But I never saw him again after that, you know, until this year at the Super Bowl Gwynn and I did a performance, and we went up to watch the game in a suite that they that they had, and then Posts sang and Rebas sang the anthem America the Beautiful, and then they ended up coming up in that suite also, and we Gwynn and I and Posts ended up trading phone numbers that day. And it was another one of those things where it's like he said, you know, hey, I'm working on some new music. We ought to all get together and write. And and if I had a quarter forever time, somebody said that, I mean, or I said that to somebody and it never happened, you know, I'd have one hundred bucks. But I be damned if two months ago I didn't get a call saying, hey, man, is that still your number? And one thing led to another, and I went in and sang this song and it was like, Wow, this sounds like one of them, a songs I'd put on one of my records, you know, like, I mean, Post is really really doing this like it? And I got to tell you, guys, I love the way I know. There's always a controversy in country music about who who belongs and who doesn't belong in whose country he's not country that. I don't think it's ever gonna that conversation is ever going to go away. But I got to tell you that the way Post has has gone about this, I just have so much respect for him because he's shown over the last few months that country music really is something that this guy grew up on and it really does mean everything to him. And he's tipped his hat to all of his heroes. I mean these shows that he's doing, these pop up shows he's singing, I mean, he knows more country music than eighty percent of the actual country artist. You know, it's amazing. You know, the stuff he did at Coachella. I said, I did a show with him the other day, and they're in Nashville, and he did that thing at the marathon over there, and I mean, he sits on a stool and he's playing songs that he has no business even knowing, you know, and he's just it's because he grew It's not like he went and wood shed and worked these things up. He grew up knowing them. And you can tell he's just performing the songs as he's driven around in his truck, singing his whole life you know, and so I just I respect that about him, because the guy is really embraced. He's not just poking his head in and making a record and getting out. You can tell this is something that means a lot to him and that he's probably obviously been planning to do for a long time. And I don't think he's going anywhere. I mean, he hasn't said that to me, but this seems like a natural fit for him, and I'm happy for him.
Speaker 2: Blake Shelton's on with us live in Las Vegas. It's his first Vegas residency and tickets a week and a day will be on sale at blakeshelton dot com. It's at Caesar's. It's gonna be awesome. Final question about Vegas. Do you gamble in Vegas at all? Have any good gambling stories?
Speaker 9: My only gambling story has come recently. Gwynn was in Las Vegas doing a private show and her best friend in the world came to the show and we took advantage of the COVID mask cause I said, hey, does anybody have any those because it's pretty much over. You know, this is about a year ago, so if you didn't really see that the whole thing was gone. But it's like, does anybody have any of those COVID masks left in their purse? I won't go down there and gamble, and so we put on COVID masks and I spent three hours in the casino. People walking, nobody knew knew it was me, and they would have been looking for me because Gwynn was there doing a show and I had I had a great time playing roulette and slots and it was incredible. I didn't win anything, but I had a good time gambling.
Speaker 1: You're so tall.
Speaker 8: You're so tall, though, I feel like you would still stand out. Did you have to like make yourself small?
Speaker 9: I found myself playing the games that must suck because I would find places where there weren't a lot of people, it won't a lot of traffic, you know, And so that's kind of where I just would go set up and play and just kind of keep my head down. And not that I'm afraid to be bothered, but it's like, if I'm on a gamble, I'm let's.
Speaker 8: Do it, you know.
Speaker 2: Blake, good to talk to you, buddy, Congrats on the residency. Next Friday, Blake, good to talk to you and hopefully we'll see you soon.
Speaker 9: Mit you guys, I'll see you all right, Blake Seyboddy.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 3: Lunchbox sadly beat everybody an Elder Versus Millennial, which I'm still bummed about. You know, I don't feel like that was my best showing, but things have been a lot lately, so I'm just gonna take the.
Speaker 2: L He did get to propose a new game to do since he did.
Speaker 3: Beat everyone, and that game was called Love on Lunchbox, where everybody had to submit compliments about him and then he chose one and they got a point. Kind of like Apples to Apples, but my favorite part is that this kind of turns into cards against humanity instead of the very kind nice Apples to apples.
Speaker 2: Number five games called Love on Lunchbox. He created this game since he retired as champion of Elder Versus Millennial. The game is worn out. We said, create a new game, he said, Love on Lunchbox. What are the rules?
Speaker 4: The rules are everyone writes down a sentence about what they love about me, and I will get those in my inbox or Mike's gonna hand them to it.
Speaker 2: We cut the paper. Okay they are, and I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna read them anonymously, don't know who sent it, and I pick a winner. Whichever sentence I like the best, the best thing they love about me this week gets a point first one to five wins.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, really simple. It's very selfish of him. It's not really fun for us. Now it's actually fun because you get to you know, you guys like the pimp joy. So pimp's enjoying my way we did. Yeah, let's hear it. Okay, so just hand him to them. They're all mixed up. How many are there? Oh, there's a lot one six or six? And you do not know who said what? No, all right, let's let's play love on lunch box.
Speaker 4: You are destined. Yep, you are destined to be a star. And I know someday you'll go far and I really hope you stay there.
Speaker 6: That's nice.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. Okay, right, next one up.
Speaker 4: I wish I was as relaxed as you are about messiness. Every time I think of you, it reminds me that I need to take out the trash. Well, these are kind of like insults.
Speaker 2: No, we're loving on you. And saying stuff about you. You talked there were no rules other than just right stuff.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, you look just like Tom Brady if Tommy Brady pond his seven Super Bowl rings for money to buy meth.
Speaker 2: Oh, man, how you feel so far? Man? I feel? I mean, I'm glad you're thinking about me. But man, these are these are wrong? Not really what you thought, not really.
Speaker 1: The rules are.
Speaker 8: He's a super talented star that's relaxed and looks like Tom Brady.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then also someone said to you, you're gonna go to the stars height super talent. I just can't wait to hear that far away from them. Okay, there's a few more. Go ahead, Yeah, we got three more. Your commercials are always really great to hear through the wall four rooms away.
Speaker 1: So true, you are pretty loud, dude.
Speaker 2: All right, go ahead. Oh here's a nice one.
Speaker 4: You and Keith Urban are alike because you both have such a distinct smell. I always know when you walk into a room because the smell of farts and nhiliates.
Speaker 7: My nose annihilates, I think, is what that is. Yeah, yeah, the case for Keith for you, Yeah, it's impressive. How you can this is the last one. By the way, it's they were playing love lunchbox.
Speaker 2: This is not love.
Speaker 4: It's impressive how you can manage to avoid your inbox, conquer wordle and still have enough time for those Olympic gold type naps. Truly multitasking hero.
Speaker 2: So if you had to pick a winner there, gosh, what were you expecting?
Speaker 4: I was expecting, like, oh, your humor makes me laugh every day. Even when I think about your jokes later, I'm still laughing.
Speaker 2: Something like that. I don't know one. Yeah, picked which one you felt was the most loving, most loving? I mean it's love on lunchbox. You said you wanted to pick the one to give the point to the one that made you feel the best. Which one did you hate?
Speaker 4: I mean I hated the I mean it may be laugh but I don't look like I'm on myth So you look just like Tom Brady. If Tom Brady pawned his seven Super Bowl rings for money to buy meth that's out.
Speaker 2: I guess I did not get a point. It's hilarious, but I don't look like I'm on meth. No, but that was Tom Brady, Birdie, because you think you look like Tom Brady. But yeah, it doesn't matter. Go ahead, Yeah he.
Speaker 6: Said that was methed up.
Speaker 2: I heard, oh man a tough one. Uh any others you hate? Well, I mean I will say I think I got a winner. Okay, go ahead. Then let me see who gets the point. The commercials four rooms away rude, But it's the point of you when you record or yell.
Speaker 8: With you, I know, yeah, or like when we are listening to him on the radio, like if I'm in the car and he comes on, I have to turn it down a little bit.
Speaker 2: Interesting the commercial that wrote that, No, who wrote that one? The commercial one was right? Mondoye, Okay, I got it. This is give me the winner. Go ahead.
Speaker 4: You and Keith Urban are alike because you both have such a distinct smell. I always know when you walk into a room because the smell of your farts annihilates my nose. That's the winner, because you know what, at least you're saying my my parts are kind of like lethal, Like at least if I'm they're gonna be doing something, least are doing something.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 2: Okay that one, and who gets the point this week is Morgan? Nice job. The other compliments were I wish I was as relaxed as you are about messiness. Every time I think of you reminds me to take out the trash that was Amy Rude. Scuba was the one that was how you work, but you still do wordle. You don't really work, and you take naps and you're destined to be a star. Someday you'll go far and they really hope you stay there. It is Mike d. She liked the game. I love the game. Okay, so we're back next week.
Speaker 6: How long?
Speaker 2: Who knows first? We want to get to five. We're renewing it for another week. Become up better compliments. You can't tell us what did happen? Okay, Hey, if you want a point, I don't really care about points. Actually, I just like to have much things right.
Speaker 6: So note to self, talk about immature boy things.
Speaker 2: Lunchbox. Congratulations on your first episode of love on Lunchbox. Morgan, congratulations on your point.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 1: Number two.
Speaker 3: I pitched a segment idea for all of us to share a classic Nashville story. Now, the really cool thing about living in a city like Nashville is there's so many celebrities here, but everybody just treats them like normal people. And so you get to see them out and about doing normal things, and it's like Riva at the grocery store. Tell you part in driving, and you'll hear some of those in this segment. So I wanted everybody to share their very classic Nashville stories, just to share what it's like living in Nashville.
Speaker 2: Number four, That's a great question that Morgan brought in, is like, what is your classic Nashville story? Meaning none of us grew up in Nashville. We moved here because this is where country music is. And all of the artists, ninety nine percent of them live here and we run into them at times. Random cool things happen because you live in Nashville. Who asks you this, Morgan, Well, like when.
Speaker 3: I go back home to Kansas, everybody will be like, what's what happens in Nashville Because there's things that happen there that don't aren't gonna happen in Wichita, Kansas.
Speaker 2: What would you say, Morgan, is your quintessential Nashville story?
Speaker 3: So I was shopping at like in a area of Nashville with my dog Remmy. It's an outside shopping area and these two little kids came up and started petting her because that's pretty common with dogs and kids walking around. And I'm like, okay, no big deal. But two seconds later, Keith Urban Nicole Kidman walk by and they're like, okay, kids, come on, and I was like, is there kids? Oh my gosh, Keith Urban Nicole Kinman's kids just pat my dog and they loved her.
Speaker 2: That's pretty Nashville. That's pretty fun and like I don't know where, but also like holy Craft and.
Speaker 6: Just they're very normal people.
Speaker 3: They were just living their life and they just pet my dog like it was no big deal.
Speaker 2: I'll do Eddie. Since Eddie's still not here, I think Eddie's seen Jason Aldeen a chuck e cheese.
Speaker 6: That's pretty legit, Hilario.
Speaker 2: That's a crazy Nashville story. We're Aldans and they're chilling it to cheese with kids and they're doing the games. Eddie's like, oh, like, Aldiane's over, Chuck. I have a lot. I'll do one that I'll pa. I sit over to you guys. I would say, now, this is a bit industry but also a bit weird. So I play a show at the Ryman Auditorium, which is a very famous show here every year called the Million Dollar Show, and artists will show up and play with me and Eddie and our band. We raise money, raise money for Saint Jude. And we invited Chris Stapleton to come up, who's always amazing, and Chris is a great guy. And Chris shows up to perform. But Chris just drives this really old truck and just like parks it right there in the normal parking spot that everybody else parks and just walks in old beat up truck, just does this thing and then it's over. Our guest see you later, walks back to it drives off like That's a pretty Nashville story of Stapleton being like a normal dude. I'll give you another one. Here we were at the airport. I don't know where we're going, but on the PA they're always like, all right, this person come to gate too, I, as God is my witness. We heard someone go, Keith Urban, we need you at Gate four. Your flight's about to leave. Keith Urban not saying Keith Urban is like the Star, but they needed the name of Keith. It was Keith and we saw him run by catching his flight. That was weird. That's a Nashville story, Lunchbox.
Speaker 4: I was at the grocery store and I met checking out with the cash register and I looked behind me on my hey, that's Dirk's billy over the next register, and I see him looking around, patting his pockets and he's like, oh man, he's explaining to the cashier, Hey, I don't have my wallet, so I had to walk over there and pay for Dirks groceries.
Speaker 2: See, that's funny. That's a good Nashville story. We're gonna continue this segment. Hold on a second. By Nashville stories, Amy, I mean.
Speaker 8: The time I saw Riva grocery shopping. That was pretty crazy because I wasn't expecting to see.
Speaker 2: Her or that she grocery shops.
Speaker 6: That's why I wasn't expecting to sir.
Speaker 8: I assumed she probably ordered them or has somebody that does her own grocery shopping.
Speaker 6: But there she was, in all her glory riba with her cart in the produce section.
Speaker 2: So weird.
Speaker 6: Now, it's pretty wild.
Speaker 2: Hey, Raymundo, you have your Nashville story. Yeah, like an altar. Yeah, it's pretty good. One time, Bazer, we just started dating and she goes, hey, so my dad works for Garth Brooks. Do you want to go play basketball in his gym? And I go, are you serious? We just go in there and playing. She said, yeah, it's he doesn't care. People will go play basketball. So he went in there. It was racquetball, it was basketball, shooting hoops, it was all kinds of stuff in there. He's got a new one now that was the old one. Well what is hilarious? And ultimately Nashville raised like Garth's godsend. Now you know there Ray got married on Garth Brooks property. We're all on Garth's property. Arthan Trisher is right at the wedding where he's talking to Kaitlyn about wearing Oklahoma and that's where he grew up. Like that's ultimate Nashville. Yep, that wouldn't happen had you not moved here, correct, I would say. Another one of mine is there was rain at CMA Fest and they canceled a bunch of the night. But they also shoot the television show and so Jaco and his whole set was cut except for like one song, and we're like, come do your whole set in the studio. So he just packed up all his gear and came up over and played the full set in our studio after that, and that was awesome. That was awesome. Way back in the day, being at the mall walking and somebody goes Bobby and sometimes it's a listener and I'm like, oh, that's cool, and so like Bobby, and then I look, I don't see very well and I kind of walk over to it and it was Sheryl Crow. She was like, what's up? And I was like, Cherio Crow. That was in Nashville, and that was a good one.
Speaker 6: I saw Carrie Underwood at Free People at the mall. She was by herself and we just clock for a second.
Speaker 2: I believe she's by herself. I saw Sam Hunt on a walk. No, you chase Sam Hunt on a walk? You did see him? Been the story. But first no, no, no.
Speaker 4: The first time I saw him on a walk and I was like wow. So then I knew what area he lived, and I drive by their numerous times and I saw him walking again. That's when I got the family out of the car and we walked on opposite sides of the street and he goed yo lunch, and I was like, he goes it's Sam.
Speaker 2: I was, oh, do what's up? And then he saw you out of nowhere and yelled yo, lunch.
Speaker 6: Yes he did, but you positioned yourself.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: I put myself in though, and that's still good though even if he did that. I saw Kirk Camerra to the Rush having breakfast. That's cool. Didn't say anything to And then Amy saw Dolly allegedly driving around by herself one day in a jag. That's why we think it could have been true. That's why we think it could have been true around or any thought. He saw Taylor swept in like an accurate or something, and he did, I believe more than him.
Speaker 6: Yes, there was Dolly. I saw Keith urban hiking once too.
Speaker 2: Didn't see Kasey must go hiking too.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I feel like I've seen, We've seen, you know, I have a lot of grocery store stories and hiking stories.
Speaker 2: So we didn't grow up here. We love living here. But that's why it kind of is like living in Nashville. It's just random. So didn't you see Kip More at the grocery store something?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I was running to kit brat Eldridge.
Speaker 8: Also, I mean Lunch had his Dirk story I ran into Dirks at Whole Foods.
Speaker 2: My dog Pete on Hillary from lady A. Yeah, that's good, Pete right on her feet.
Speaker 8: It's like, so when you come to town, you just got to go to grocery stores and some of the hiking places and.
Speaker 2: The places where you pick up your dog.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, we got kind of a dating update from Amy. There was a story about how men these days are looking to date older women, and Amy shared her age range and dating that she's looking for, and then also that she's no longer on the dating apps, well the one dating app that she was on, and.
Speaker 1: She shares why where she's at.
Speaker 3: And I think a lot of people that are dating right now can relate to the rollercoaster of being on and off the dating aps.
Speaker 2: Number three, more younger men find themselves falling for older women. Amy, you have recently after your divorce, started dating again. How young? It's like the limbo? How low will you go?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think I have a hard time being at heart.
Speaker 2: How low will you really? Yeah?
Speaker 6: So at forty three, my limit is like late thirties.
Speaker 2: Give me a number.
Speaker 6: Thirty eight is coming to mind. But my friends have said, thirty.
Speaker 2: Five, what if it's a thirty two year old.
Speaker 6: I was asked out by a thirty two year old.
Speaker 2: And why would you not say yes?
Speaker 6: Because it seems far too young.
Speaker 2: It seems, but it may not be. Again, more younger men find themselves falling for older women.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I just think too they at thirty two, they may still want children, or they haven't been married yet, they don't have children, And then I'm I've.
Speaker 6: Got kids that they're older. They may want a baby and I can't. I'm not doing that. So I just feel like with me, I'm not their ideal pick. But counterpoint if I can sure, I know'm finding a story.
Speaker 2: He doesn't want a baby, I say, He's like, I don't really want to have kids. The best kind of kids that the other person has are older ones. Yeah, or what if he already has kids and you've done money more, that's true.
Speaker 6: It could be that.
Speaker 8: I just feel like, at thirty two it's young, and also I don't know what all we would have in common.
Speaker 2: But but you don't know. I think you just answer your own question, right, you don't know.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 6: He even questions like, okay, you're.
Speaker 2: He's you want to come over and watch blue E.
Speaker 8: No, he's sort of said, like, hey, you're just kind of shutting this down simply because of that, like why wouldn't you meet?
Speaker 9: And then we.
Speaker 4: Decide like why wouldn't you valid points like see, he seems very mature, amy, good head on his shoulders.
Speaker 2: I got abs. Yeah, I don't know if you're gonna go back imagine meeting like his mom though, Yeah, she's probably fifty, like and she's you know, I mean she could be eight nine years older than you. Yeah, that's weird. That's weird.
Speaker 6: No, definitely would be.
Speaker 2: A little bit. I think you should do it.
Speaker 8: But I mean, I know you're married to someone that's younger, and y'all have a good relationship.
Speaker 2: I'm a dude.
Speaker 6: It's different, but y'all have things in common.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The only thing she doesn't like having common or like pop culture references like I make some excellent fresh Prince of Bell or joke. Sometimes nothing falls on ear, it comes up, crickets anything. I'm in any of the ninety stuff, No, any of the music stuff, not so much, but it does keep me listening to pop music.
Speaker 8: I wonder what the deal is with like now they have this research that younger men are attracted older women.
Speaker 2: Like probably because older women will do it faster, do what it? Oh, because they've already been around a little bit and it's like they know their bodies and I do it.
Speaker 6: That's why.
Speaker 2: No, but that's probably a part of it.
Speaker 4: Okay, when you think so much box yeah, or they're up for more fun quick, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: They're not of life and they're not not up much. And they got money, oh sure, and they're not like they've they've lived life like they know what they want and sometimes what they want that you get to it quicker, you know.
Speaker 6: I'm saying, okay, because the thirty two year old boy knows what he wants.
Speaker 2: Boy boy, oh boy, yeah he does, and you know what he wants it. Yeah. How's how's the Hinge dating app? Everything you're dating anymore?
Speaker 6: I've well, the app is not on my phone right now.
Speaker 2: Whoa dang? You did a peroa.
Speaker 8: I don't know that it's I didn't delete my prof so I don't know. I assume just because I removed it from my phone, I guess my profile is still up there.
Speaker 6: It's just not on my phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I think Morgan's done this. Can you do that? Countless times when we deleted the app from your phone when you were dating, Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was a concert roller coaster.
Speaker 3: I was like, okay, I'm gonna try and get out gate deleted the profile or the just the app.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: I would delete my profile sometimes too. I would totally purge it if I wanted to start over, I just just over it for a while.
Speaker 8: I just feel like if I log back in, creating a whole new profile sounds exhausting to me.
Speaker 6: So I just deleted the app. I just I'm just taking a break. No, I'm just get a break.
Speaker 2: Were you not getting the engagement you wanted from dudes?
Speaker 6: No, it's just fine. I just taking a break. It's sometimes going to be a break.
Speaker 2: Didn't one of your friends just get married from app? Like it like super quick?
Speaker 6: Yes, we both know where.
Speaker 8: They're not married yet, but they are engaged and they met on the apps. I don't know if it was Bumble or Hinge, I can't remember, but they met ninety one day ago and now they're engaged.
Speaker 6: And I just got the wedding invitation. Oh man, Yeah, the wedding.
Speaker 2: Is in ninety one days three months, met three months later, getting engaged.
Speaker 3: And no, no, no.
Speaker 4: Their weddings in October yep. So it won't even be like it won't even be Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: If you know, you know, until you know you made a mistake thinking you knew.
Speaker 8: And I feel like sometimes it totally works out for people and the other times it does good for them.
Speaker 6: You No, she's incredibly happy, and.
Speaker 8: I'm like, oh, look at all the other guys you to go through to finally get to him, and he was right here in town.
Speaker 2: It's like, what, you wait a long time him? He made me wait six months. Everybody do their own thing, I know. But I'm rooting for you to get back on the apps.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, thanks, I'm just on the time.
Speaker 2: I got a couple that you need to be on. Lookod what tender?
Speaker 6: No, the only profile I have right now is hinge.
Speaker 2: Let's play Bulletproof only fans.
Speaker 6: No, okay, that's not a dating app?
Speaker 2: Can be.
Speaker 1: The best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, Bobby made a really big lifestyle change at his house at the request of his wife, and he's struggling with it, but he's wanted to do this for her, but it's something that he previously said he would never do. So a lot of things happening here, and maybe some people are already doing it. I know this is something I was raised doing and I still adapted it into my adult life. Amy attempted to do this for a while. She's going to continue trying to attempt and maybe it's going to work out for Bobby and his wife Caitlin.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 2: We'll see number two big announcement. At my house, we're now a no shoe household. Ugh, it was not my own cheers lie. It is very difficult for me to live day today. We're a no shoe household. I'd like to explain. It's also weird to wear shoes now inside of anybody's house. So my wife, who's been dealing with health issues for the last couple of years, she was like, hey, do you mind if we do no shoe and I'm like, I do that's I don't want to do no shoe. I don't want to take my shoes off and be shoes laying everywhere. She's like, would just do it for me for thirty days and see how it goes? Okay, But her thing is on the bottom, and I agree in retrospect her the logic behind it. Everywhere you walk in your house, outside the house, dirt, street businesses, public places, all that's in the bottom of your shoe. Then you walk in your house and now it's all over the floor of your house. Yeah, and if you touch your and she's like, can we just do it? Because she is like, if I'm around a whole bunch of germs and I get sick, that's really bad. And of course I'm going to listen. But then I start to go, you know what, that's true. All the crap that we're touching in a restaurant bottom of our shoes, we bring it right in our house. We track it all over our house. Then our bare feet can touch it. If we're walking barefoot, it gets in the And so we started doing it. And is it a little annoying, Yes, But how we went to went to a couple of therapy yesterday and I walked into the building and I was like, oh, I take my shoes and now I naturally start taking my shoes off everywhere at a building, anywhere I walk inside. It feels weird to have shoes off.
Speaker 6: You have a no shoe studio.
Speaker 2: No no, no, I don't like it, but at home I can do it. And I the other. A couple of days ago, I had a couple of people come over to the house and we had to walk through the house to get to the studio. Like Rich Eyesen from back in the day ESPN his own show. Now he came over and I was like, hey, I don't want to make Rich take off his shoes just to walk through the house to go back to the studio. It is it cool if we do a little shoe walk. It's like, yeah, cool, just clean it up after. And so after we left did a little cleaning.
Speaker 8: So when I was trying to be a no shoe household, and now that we've moved, I'm adopting it as soon as we get done, like with some painting and work we have at the house. I ordered these little booty covers from Amazon. They're like blue, they almost like you know, workers use them.
Speaker 6: They come to your house.
Speaker 8: They look like little hospital slipper things, but you can just pop them over your shoes.
Speaker 2: Hair and neet, but for your feet exactly. Yeah, yeah, it's great. We have people put them on too, and they come I just I just a embarrass going, Hey, would you mind taking your shoes off to people? That's embarrassing to me.
Speaker 8: To have to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we're a no shoe household. We're full Kenny Chesney, and you know what, I get it now more than ever it does make logical sense. I just was lazy.
Speaker 6: It really is like how we grew up. I mean, some people are going to come after you that like this is stupidest thing ever. But it's just it's not how they felt they were around. Like there's other cultures.
Speaker 8: Like my daughter has a friend where that's how she grew up in her household, like, and she comes over my house and she's like, oh, you.
Speaker 6: Want to know how you get people to take their shoes off.
Speaker 2: She's like, well, we do.
Speaker 6: People come over if they have their shoes on.
Speaker 8: We just all stare down at their feet and we look at them like they're crazy, because why in the world would you wear shoes inside of the house. And he's like, She's like, if you stare at them long enough, they take them.
Speaker 2: Off, and I wouldn't noticed. I'd have been like, oh you love with Travis Scott's Yeah, thanks.
Speaker 8: Well she got she got my kids, and now my kids leave it on the back porch. But like this one friend, she's like, yeah, this is crazy to me that people wear shoes.
Speaker 2: I would have fought it more had my wife not been dealing with health issues for the last two years and the whole germ thing. But now that I did not fight it, I actually am a proponent of it, except for then, Except for it's just annoying my shoes and they're outside, Like, where are my shoes? They're outside the garage. I've got one shoe here. They're hanging over telephone wires. Now I don't even know what's going on. We're a no shoe household, thank you. I just wanted to say that because I did hate on that before. I would like to say, now we're a no shoe household.
Speaker 6: So you'd hate on a sort of when I was trying to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely hated. I'd like to apologize. Thank you. Yeah, knew me bare feet.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: I always hate to come on here and share really hard news as the number one story, but it's always the one that people are typically the most engaged with. Specifically because this involves one of our show members. Eddie has been out for a while and he shared on Instagram the reason he's been gone and what has been heartbreakingly happening with his family recently, and I just wanted to put it here so everybody has an update on what's going on with Eddie. Bobby shared the news via Eddie's Instagram. We're not gonna share anything else because it's Eddie's story to share, and we've been very protective over that because this is Eddie's life. So I'm just going to leave this year so everybody has their update on Eddie and what's been going on, and then.
Speaker 1: We'll wrap up the show number one.
Speaker 2: So Eddie has not been on the show for a couple of weeks. It's Eddie's story to tell, so we were just continuing the show until Eddie felt comfortable to tell his story. So it's never that we don't want to say anything, but it is always that we have to respect the people on this show, and if there's something personal and private going on, we will not in any way acknowledge until it is asked to be acknowledged or asked that they can acknowledge it. So that's why everybody, I was getting beat up for days and days. Why don't you talk about Eddie? Not my story to talk about? And so I've been talking Eddie every single day. Eddie's my best friend, Eddie wrote on Instagram the following I'm just gonna read Eddie's words from app producer Eddie on Instagram. My world has been turned upside down in the past few days. My big brother had a stroke that left his left side completely immobile, and just a few days after that, I lost my dad to a freak accident. None of it makes sense. It's been a major blow to my family, but God made us strong and blessed us with wonderful people around us for major help and support through this hard time. It has been amazing. Thankfully, my brother is recovering slowly and seems to be getting better and better every day. We will take all the prayers we can get so that we can get back to his life. Can't wait to get back to the show with all my friends. I know my dad listened all the time because he would ask for updates, IM bones, Amy and lunchbox. He loved lunchboxes, bathroom confessions. I'm gonna miss you pop. Even then, I'm not gonna speak of details. I think it's Eddie's story to share. But even I know he was getting me messages from people going, why don't you say where you are? Guys, we promise if we can tell you, we will always tell you. If we can't, there's a reason that we can't until we can. And it just wasn't my story to share because Eddie had two tragic things happen at the same time, one which was bad. His brother, who's not old, not even he's not even fifty, had a stroke, and so in the caring of that, a freak accident happened to Eddie's dad, who was not sick, and Eddie's dad died, and so it's just like a left and then a right, or a jab and then an uppercut. So he's been dealing with that. And my thing with everybody on this show is whatever's happening in your life, and this is a tragic thing. Doubly, it doesn't matter if it's a small, medium or large. If there's something that doesn't allow you to be the best version of you here, don't come here. And I don't mean that as in a bad way. It's like, you got to fix yourself before you can even come and and and be here for the show. If you're not good, you're not gonna be good for us, and we want you to be good for yourself and then us. So I don't know when Eddie's coming back. I told Eddie, stay gone as long as you need to stay gone. But yeah, that's the deal with Eddie. I wanted to read his words because it was getting very nasty in my DMS and on Facebook and on the B team pagehep people like they owe it to us. We don't, honestly, not if it's something private like this. We do whenever it's time. But I think there's some of Eddie's family that didn't even know, So no, we don't. We try to give you everything we can possibly give you. That is healthy for us and at times problematic for me, but we will give you everything we possibly can when we can. But you guys, not everybody, because like I said, like fourteen percent of audience, I want to slap that fourteen percent eighty six percent. You're awesome, and you know who you are. You're the strong eighty six We love You're so supportive, But that fourteen percent. I want to kick you right in nuts. Some of you don't have nuts, some of your ladies, I kick you're right your nuts too. But the eighty six percent, you're amazing. Thank you for all the support. Fourteen percent man, kick rocks or learn and don't kick rocks anymore.
Speaker 6: I mean yeah, and I think just like giving people the space and privacy they.
Speaker 2: Need and know that we've got a strong eighty six though we do. You have a strong you get a strong eighty six. The B team part of eighty six. We love you guys.
Speaker 6: There's part of that. I don't know if it's fourteen whatever.
Speaker 2: You say that's fourteen, I'm counted on.
Speaker 6: Oh, fourteen percent.
Speaker 8: I think it's just yeah, the the knowing and then the they'll do whatever they can to try to figure it out and speculate, and it's like not even spend your time on something else.
Speaker 6: Or need other hobbies.
Speaker 2: Yeah they're not bad people. Yeah, they're just stupid. Yeah, yeah, okay, that's it. We are. We could not love eddymore. Same for you guys, I know it. That's all. I want to read Eddie's words and to the eighty six percent, we are super grateful. For you guys, and thanks for being so and that even feels that because I could see all of it going to his messages. So you guys are amazing. And if you see any of the fourteen percent out out in the out crowd or the streets walking around, tack them on the nuts. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it seems like a good solution.
Speaker 2: I feel like.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: It's really hard to do an outro after doing something like that as the number one spot, But I appreciate you all being here.
Speaker 2: I hope you have a very.
Speaker 3: Safe, relaxing, and enjoyable weekend. Please, if you get some extra time, go check out my new podcast, Take This Personally. The whole point of that podcast is to make people feel less alone in this world and some really deep struggles and we talk about hard things that are often really hard to talk about. So I hope you check that out and if you like it, give it a good rating on wherever you listen to your podcast, and if not, you can also just come hang out and follow me on Instagram at web Girl Morgan and also.
Speaker 1: Follow the show at Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 3: We have lots of content up there. And at bobby bus dot com and YouTube Bobby Bone Show content everywhere. There's so much to consume and hopefully got enough time while also enjoying your weekend and your life. Okay, I'm getting out of here, see y'all later.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: That's the best Bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 6: Bobby Bone Show and follow at web girl Morgan
Speaker 1: To submit your listener questions for next week's episode.