Speaker 1: It's getting that donky, that donkey that don't don't don't, don't don't dunk the other day right here.
Speaker 2: To the breakfast club. Bitch.
Speaker 1: You you could call me the donkey of the day, but like I need no harm.
Speaker 3: Yes, donkey of today for Monday, March tenth, possibly could go to a young lady named Jaela Cunningham.
Speaker 2: Now we're gonna take this one to Breakfast Club. Caught. I am gonna have to let you the jury.
Speaker 3: Decide if Jaela is going to be receiving Donkey of to day because Jayla is an eighteen year old hairstylist who is facing a second degree assaul charge after dragging her fifteen year old client across the floor of her hansaloon.
Speaker 2: Okay. Now, Jaela claims.
Speaker 3: The fifteen year old client tried to leave without paying for one hundred and fifty dollars service with the young lady's mother said she accidentally sent the money old to the wrong account. Just a bunch of mess. Let's go to Fox five DC for the report. Police.
Speaker 4: In the video that has more than fifty four million views, you can see eighteen year old Jayla Cunningham dragging her fifteen year old client by the hooded sweatshirts. Jayla claims the fifteen year old was trying to leave without paying for the one hundred and fifty dollars service that included a weave with tracks. Jayla cutting the weave out of the teen's hair with scissors because she says the teen did not pay for the service.
Speaker 5: She ran forget tried, she ran without paying me.
Speaker 4: And then what did you do?
Speaker 5: I dragged her by her hood back into the salon until I can get paid, or I know, until the police come, or until you know. She let me take out the service, and I feel like if I didn't do that, she would have been gone and I would have just never been paid.
Speaker 4: But the fifteen year old's mother says Jayla also dragged her by her hair when she grabbed her hood, and says that her daughter accidentally sent the money to the wrong cash app and was trying to pay Jaala.
Speaker 2: It's just absolutely absurd.
Speaker 4: And how he's dealing emotionally with.
Speaker 2: This emotionally not good, not good at all. No, when I first thought is deo. I had a few thoughts.
Speaker 3: One of my first thoughts was, well, maybe she asked for layers, and I guess the hairddresser thought that included the layer of linoleum on the floor. My second thought to myself was who is this woman that don't got no squabbles that she let Jayela Cunningham drag her by the hair across the floor like that.
Speaker 2: But all I did was see the video.
Speaker 3: I wasn't aware of the ages eighteen and fifteen, so that gave me more context. That's why she was able to manhandle that individual that was a little girl. Then I thought to myself, I understand the frustration. You were a business owner, you're an entrepreneur. You might have had a few people do this to you before, so you fed up. But the one main thought I had was you can't handle a situation like that. You can't handle a situation with this type of violence, because truthfully, I'm shocked she's not charged with kidnapping. If you force somebody somewhere and hold them against their will, that's kidnapping.
Speaker 2: So Jayler, I understand you young, okay, but.
Speaker 3: As an eighteen year old boss CEO of your own company, business owner, you absolutely positively cannot conde yourself like this. Okay, See, you had this woman's information already, you knew who she was, and I'm assuming you knew her age. Just go tell her mama and tell her mama. If you don't get paid, you're gonna press charges. But what makes this even crazier is clearly this was all one big misunderstanding because you heard what the mama said.
Speaker 2: The mother said, the young lady just sent the money to the wrong cash app.
Speaker 3: Now I don't know if that's true or not, but it sounds believable. I just don't know why Jayla didn't take the time to even hear the young lady out. You can't go from zero to dad deevil in zero point six seconds. I mean, this type of vigilante justice only works in TV shows and movies. Batman wouldn't even do no no criminal and got them like you did this young lady, dragging her across the floor like a body at a crime scene. You ever heard somebody say, I'll mop the floor with your ass.
Speaker 2: Jayla literally looked.
Speaker 3: Like she was mopping the floor with this young girl. Okay, this is not what this young lady thought she would receive, Jayla when you told her to come get snatched. Okay, this is why you don't react off emotion. You don't make decisions or take any action based off how you feel in the moment. You should take a breath and consider the situation calmly and rationally before responding. I understand the emotional response, the emotional response that someone stealing from you can trigger. I understand you done worked hard installing this woman's hair, and when she doesn't pay you for her unit, okay, you want to show her your unit is g but even.
Speaker 2: Fifty cent will tell you. Don't move off emotion. Okay.
Speaker 3: He wrote a great book called Hustle Harder, Hustle Smarter, and in that book he says you should always fight for your worth, but never take offense that you have to fight in the first place.
Speaker 2: When you do that, you're moving off of emotion.
Speaker 3: It might not be fair, but to get what you want, you can only move off strategy. The moral of the story is, don't move off of emotion, move off strategy.
Speaker 2: Jailer.
Speaker 3: You moved off of emotion here, and now you're going to need way more than one hundred and fifty dollars to get you out of this situation. Now, I personally feel like if this story is all the way, true, she should get donkey of today, meaning if she wasn't trying to run off, if a little fifteen year old girl wasn't trying to run off, she just sent the money to the wrong person, like her mother said, then jailer should for sure get.
Speaker 2: Donkey of to day.
Speaker 3: But even if she was trying to run I think jailer should still get donkey because you simply can't conduct yourself like this as the owner of a business.
Speaker 2: But what do y'all think? What do y'all think? One?
Speaker 3: Eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five win, Let's take her to breakfast club court Jailer cunning Ham's Jala cunning Ham, eighteen year old hair stylist, Yes, drag the fifteen year old girl, sit off the floor, say nothing yet got off the floor my hair salon.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna take the calls when we come back. Eight hundred and five eight five one oh five.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: I just have to throw this out there. I'm sorry, charlamagnecause I feel like you're trying to swea to jury just a little bit now.
Speaker 2: Ja, let I'm just telling the fact.
Speaker 1: Jala did respond. She said, y'all feel bad because it came out to me that she was fifteen, which I never knew. But what about me, I'm an eighteen year old business owner who constantly has to deal with people trying to get over on me. Just call the cash at mistake was not on me, But since she sent it to the wrong person, what I was supposed to not get paid like that's wrong as f It was very unprofessional. But you don't run out on nobody while they're waiting for you to send the money for your services to them. When I was nothing but respectful and nice to her the entire appointment. So if she ran out, she did not know the young lady was fifteen. Let's discuss eight hundred five eight five one oh five one will take your calls.
Speaker 2: Should she get Donkey Today, It's the Breakfast Club. Good Morning Donkey.
Speaker 3: Today is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael to Bull lambing'soft. Don't be a donkey when you need a fight her on your side. If you're ever injured, go to Michael to Bull dot com. That's Michael to Bull dot com. And when you mess with the bull, you get the horns.
Speaker 2: Wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club