Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe.
Speaker 2: Ketty Armstrong and Jatiety and know He Armstrong and Yeddy. For some reason this popped into my mind. Joe and I were talking during the commercials about humidity. This is the sort of things we talk about during the commercial.
Speaker 1: Doesn't sound all like a couple of old guys, does it.
Speaker 2: It's solid humid. My feet hurt? To your feet hurt? Is it always this humid? I told the story many times. We left our family vacation last year early because it was so hot in Florida in August. We ended up flying up to New York and doing different stuff. But anyway, my oldest son said the other day he said, that was my favorite vacation we've ever been on because we did a lot of fun stuff. And my younger son said, I liked the We did a road trip vacation before last week, drove clear across South Dakota and and different stuff Wyoming. But it was just on the got a you know, working on a vacation for this year and just thinking about, you know, the memories you create with your family and for your kids that they'll have the rest of their lives and all that sort of stuff. Yeah, and your kids are grown up already, Joe. How quickly it goes by? I mean, I mean, I know everybody says that. I know everybody says that, But it's still truer than that. It's still truer than the fact that everybody says it. You think you got, well, I got eighteen years before they're you know, even adults. It goes by so freaking fast. True, What is that trick of the brain where on a day by day basis, I mean, it's it's grueling, especially when they're younger, but it goes by so fast. That period of time where you're walking down the sidewalk holding their hand and everything is amazing to them, is like that law.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so true. I think it's a variation on the old saying time flies when you're having fun. I would say time flies when you're completely engaged in what you're doing. It's like, you know, we've both worked jobs of drudgery and physical labor and humiliatingly low wages, and if you are busy at that miserable job, that's so much better than not being busy. If you're standing around board and you hate your job, that's the worst thing.
Speaker 2: And then the age thing that nobody's ever quite figured out why it works that way for as you get older. But like my son, who's going to be a junior, he's got two years of high school left, and he hates school the way I hated school, unfortunately. But I remember thinking two years was just you might as well say a thousand years. It was so long when you're that age. And I told me, I wish I could give you you know what two years feels like for me? For me, two years feels like six months. Yeah.
Speaker 1: My daughter, who is very bright and well adjusted Delaney, in spite of my best efforts, at one point is she was contemplating her future. Said, you know, at the end of law school, I'll be like twenty six and a half. And I'm like, ah, yeah, I can't remember. Can twenty six year olds.
Speaker 2: Drive or walk or walk?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: That's ryan, You're not that young. But you're young, so it's fine. But you're right, You're one hundred percent right. And before we get to clips of the week, I just I've almost got this down.
Speaker 4: Buffaloed Buffalo buffalo buffaloed buffalo buffaloed buffalo buffalo. I got it, I got the emphasis right.
Speaker 2: So you got to post that somewhere because I think it's better in print where you can look at it and try to digest it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to write it out and explain it, but yeah, yeah, yeah. We got a note from Scott that the term buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo is grammatically correct and means the bison from Buffalo that are bullied by other bison from Buffalo also bully bison from Buffalo. I respectfully disagreed. You need some past tense and at least one dash in there, But.
Speaker 4: Buffalo to buffalo, buffalo, buffaloed buffalo buffaloed buffalo buffalo is actually grammatically correct.
Speaker 2: But yes, I will post it in print. The capitalization matters too, it reeks of the lamp. I just came across that phrase last night, But pardon me.
Speaker 1: I like that almost as much as it insists on itself, exists upon it as a review, itists insists upon itself.
Speaker 2: I came across this last night. I'm starting to write, and I'm wanting to do that like trying to get in the habit of writing of it regular fabulous and that I like, I play musical instruments every single day. I've never been able to consistently write, so I'm gonna try to build the habit of writing on a regular basis. Anyway, So I've been watching a lot of and reading a lot about writers and writing and stuff like that. And Martin Amos quoted Samuel Johnson about overwriting. I mean, because you got to rewrite and rewrite and rewrite, but at some point you know it's perfect and now you're only doing damage.
Speaker 1: That's one of the best tricks to writing. And Samuel, you stop painting. Same with music and uh.
Speaker 2: And Samuel Johnson had a phrase of it, reeks of the lamp as you stayed up too long, too late adjusting it. I mean you over wrote it. Yeah, which is a good phrase, Reeks of the lamp. Yeah. Wow, that's funny. Boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the whole buffalo buffalo thing. Does Reek of the Lamp put it away?
Speaker 2: Son? All right, it's the beloved Friday tradition. Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Let's take a fond look back at the week that was. It's cal clips of the Week.
Speaker 2: Anonymous. You call, we can save this.
Speaker 5: It's possible to land this plane. But right now CBS News, in my view, is on fire, fire, Where's going?
Speaker 6: Part of our thesis here is that people do not want their candidates grown in fasts.
Speaker 2: P hustle, P hustle.
Speaker 4: Redemption is not just some simple or easy destination.
Speaker 5: It's a journey.
Speaker 7: What kind of a creeper has been on a decade on a platform like kick?
Speaker 6: I said, none of this swell or should stop him from coming us centator, I'm Sarah himself.
Speaker 1: Is this perfectly amiable for completely unaccomplished establishment non entity? Consumer prices with food and energy included rose four point two percent.
Speaker 2: You know what I really love? I love the inflation.
Speaker 3: A little company that started in a warehouse in El Segundo is now going public for the it was the largest IPO that ever.
Speaker 7: To be fair, I'm not crooked, but well, you play right into the hands.
Speaker 2: You're either crooked or you're stupid. Thank you, darling. Have we good esser President? Let's please I travel all the way to Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: We hit them hard yesterday and we're going to hit him again hard today.
Speaker 8: And he said we'll bomb the s out of them.
Speaker 2: And it's just tap tap tap. Instead, they're going to have tap tap tap bombs dropping on key facilities in Iran.
Speaker 9: But the straits have been open for a number of months already and you just didn't know about it.
Speaker 3: We have a signing.
Speaker 2: And the documents.
Speaker 9: You're in pretty final shape.
Speaker 2: It's not a corporate ride.
Speaker 3: Continuous cool, got no good.
Speaker 2: But it's gone. Let's gone. It's gone. Godlo Maratha Garden. They can't pull leaf it. It's Clips of the Week.
Speaker 1: Mike Hanson, executive producer, with a brilliant job on Clips of the Week as always.
Speaker 2: Will they be anybody at the Spurs game tomorrow? I don't know if any If a fan fight even go, I think the players should just forfeit. After the other night, it's call it good so the world's worst male voice.
Speaker 1: Every time I hear it, my skin crawls.
Speaker 2: It's pretty funny. I don't think. Just disqualifiz So he worked in the plant nepaign. We never did play good to the bastard. Yeah, we never did play the Platner's acceptance speech and stuff like that earlier this week, but you heard a little bit of it there. It was good. It was really good. So if Susan Collins, the Republican sitting senator, has oppo research, I suggest you dump it when the appropriate time comes. Because he ain't gonna be a pushover. No, he's a.
Speaker 1: Forceful and articulate, one hundred percent a charismatic guy. Just don't become his girlfriend, or don't burgle is bad.
Speaker 2: Okay. I don't know if you've heard this.
Speaker 1: He has a unique system of justice for burglars.
Speaker 2: KRTB. Keep raping those burglars. You'd see him there coming at you with his sharpened action, and you'd think, well, I guess that's the worst of it.
Speaker 1: Nope, nope, you ever seen pulp fiction?
Speaker 3: Son?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Oh, and then the other, speaking of weird voices, play get ready to play twelve Michael, This is a guy who is inside of Walmart bizarrely, some troubled young man. I think he's mentally ill judging. I just he looked mentally ill to me. He set fire to an entire display of bras.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he's like a free the Nipple activist or just like some loose or is completely nuts. But so he sets this fire inside of Walmart and the alarms are going off, and here's how one fellow reacted.
Speaker 2: He can't make this out. Look at this, I mean Walmart and written, he's on fire. Where's going? Why the Mickey Mouse voice? Hey kids?
Speaker 1: It's like, oh my god, is this an earthquake? What are we supposed to do?
Speaker 2: I don't know what to do. I don't want to get hurt. Why would you do that? Go falsetto saw a couple of flames when all mister Bill, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Oh no.
Speaker 2: More to come. Well, we're playing a lot of audio, but you know, it's Friday, it's summer, we're barely working. I think it fulfills our contractual obligations to play this. Also, Michaelangelo has said this Bill Birthing really fits in with what we were talking about with kids growing up faster than that sort of stuff, So why not play it here?
Speaker 8: Life could pass you by, it happens, you know, you just keep living and living and living. You know what it is you basically got I think you got like twenty five thirty years to absorb as much as you can, and then that's it. That's all you know, because right around then you get married and it's over right.
Speaker 10: You have a couple of kids. You're sucked in the bubble. You don't have time to pay attention to what's going on on the world. You just suck with these kids. Eh, don't be a stereo killer. Don't touch that. You're just sucking that. You have three, four kids. That is a twenty five year sentence trying to get them all through college. Society just keeps going. You get the last month through college, you step back out of the bubble.
Speaker 2: Just you don't know what happened.
Speaker 10: You're not even paying attention. You go back to your old record collection.
Speaker 2: Baby, even have an over Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, back into the real world. I have the opposite thing, because I was talking to something about this yesday. Because I didn't have kids, so I was forty five, so I don't have Uh. I didn't delay all the things that I wanted to do. I wish I would have, but I didn't delay all the things I wanted to do, so that you know, I had, I had more stuff than jam in there. But I get his point. Mm hmm, yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't call it a sentence by any stretch of the imagination.
Speaker 2: Oh no, absolutely not. Yeah, I already dread when it's over with the combination of if it doesn't end, something's gone wrong. So that's a weird contradiction coming up.
Speaker 1: I want to get to this, Is Mexico safe enough to go to the World Cup?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: The answer is probably yeah, But the reasons why are just crazy interesting. It's amazing how little we pay attention to the half a narco state unstable critical trading partner that's right over there.
Speaker 2: My neighbors are going to Mexico City on vacation this summer. I went to Mexico City twenty years ago in vacation. It was really, really awesome, very interesting. Got a fantastic piece by a great writer named Matthew Continetti about how it's around the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary looking back on the bi centennial fifty years ago, how nostalgia warps you into believing things are so much we're so much better than they are and they are now and that's a distortion and blah blah blah. It's really interesting. We'll get to that later. To stick around Mexico, ladies and gentlemen, Mexico defeats some country you've never heard of in soccer for the World Cup of the opening match there at As Texas Stadium. Is that the name of ours? One of the most legendary stadiums in the world.
Speaker 1: Indeed, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I bet that's a hell of an atmosphere.
Speaker 2: Fun yeah, So the toneless tune of the Usela.
Speaker 1: So a couple of journalists approaching the question of whether Mexico is safe enough given the cartel nuttiness lately.
Speaker 2: To go to the World Cup, To fly into Mexico City and go to a soccer match, I wouldn't hesitate at all, but.
Speaker 1: Neither would Neither would I, although they're also having big matches in the suburbs of Guadalajara, where manicured lawns sit near high end shopping centers and eighty nine bags of human remains have been found in the past year dumped in ravines are dug up from unmarked graves and a few miles from those discovery soccer plan fans will pour into the big Akron Stadium outside.
Speaker 2: Guadalajara for World Cup matches, blah blah blah, and.
Speaker 1: They go into the four Months of violence, spasm of violence, cartel violence that paralyzed Guadalajara and the surrounding state of Jalisco.
Speaker 2: I used to ride my motorcycle around Mexico, and I don't know as i'd be it'd be comfortable doing that now as I used to. But I always just think back when I used to do it, people tell me, oh, it's way too dangerous to do it down there. I never had anything that came within one hundred miles of even being sketchy while I was in Mexico. But things are worse now than they were then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't doubt it. I would add that you were aware of. But anyway, I've got a friend who got the perfect window to go to Cairo, Egypt, and then Israel, including Jerusalem and and just all the holy.
Speaker 2: Sites and everything.
Speaker 1: He said, we had to cancel this several times because I couldn't go before we went, and then I couldn't go now. But so I got so lucky, and I think, you know, at times Mexico is the same as kind of up and down in terms of the situation. But anyway, I thought this was super interesting. Tyler Cowan, who's a writer, thinker, economists, a bunch of stuff, and he writes for The Free press has been to Mexico dozens and dozens of times, and his stuff, and I wish we had time for it. But he's talking about how murder and Mayhem ruled the Mexican ruled. After the Mexican government took out remember Elmentcho, the leader of the powerful Hallisto New Generation cartel, the cartel's response was swift and violent, most notably in taurist hotspot Porta Vayarta, which used to be off limits.
Speaker 2: Bah bah uh.
Speaker 1: And then he goes into the entire history of the country of Mexico is not being a coherent state. They've never been a so coherent united country.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And so it kind of just moves in waves like we're talking about. But he said, yeah, I absolutely go to the World Cup, but I wouldn't like to venture into the countryside.
Speaker 2: Similar to Cuba. If they could ever get their act together, they'd be such a tourist. Valhalla, Oh yeah, it's a gorgeous place.
Speaker 6: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 7: The Congressional baseball game was one last night by the Republicans. He defeated the Democrats eleven to two. And I'm not saying they cheated, but I'm pretty sure there's no Senator Otani from South Dakota.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. There was a spectacular catch by one of the Republicans, I think, yeah, dive and grab in the left field. Yeah. So we're coming up on the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of our country. Gotta say, I mean, I was a child for the Bisonentennial in nineteen seventy six. I certainly feel like, well, there was definitely a lot less America hating going on, if any. I don't think there was any.
Speaker 1: Un percent that was the fringe of the fringe, but anything of all races. By the way, folks, all races, And I.
Speaker 2: Got a clue for you.
Speaker 1: In nineteen seventy six, black people weren't stupid or blinded to reality. Nor were they in nineteen forty five when patriotism ran very high.
Speaker 2: Anyway, thank to you. The word nostalgia literally means homesickness, a homesickness for the past. Matthew Continetti writes about for AEI and writes about how fifty years ago, for the Bisonentennell, America was in many respects much more of a mess than it is today, despite the way we remember it. Because of the way the brain works, which we're about to get into. But inflation, gas lines, crime, unemployment, political violence, race relations, geopolitical tensions, just coming out of the Vietnam War, Middle East, everything was worse than it is now, despite what we're telling polsters post.
Speaker 1: Watergate as well, great cynicism and disillusionment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, most Americans tell posters we're better off fifty years ago. Here's the thing, lots of people always think things were better fifty years ago. It's been that way since the dawn of polling. What makes people think the past was better isn't a careful study of statistics, but a lazy inventory of feelings and a laser outsourcing to media vibes. This tendency didn't begin with polling. The poll he just made it easier to quantify the pull of nostalgia.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure it's lazy as much as it's just in us. That's what humans do. It's the great philosopher Barber streisand put it to those two painful to remember.
Speaker 2: We simply choose to forget well, and then the powerful take advantage of this tendency, this human tendency to glorify the past. Get back to Matthew continent. He's writing, ironically. The system so many people on the left, right, and middle heat scorn on for failing the current generation fuels the malaise. Political demigods, activist journalists, and big corporations seek to exploit or monetize the natural human tendency to pine for the simpler, happier times. The Roman poet Horace had a term for such people two thousand years ago, and he gives the Latin for it, appraiser of times past when he was a boy. That has always worked, always through human history. You could claim that, you know, back when things were great. We all remember when things were great fifty years ago, and then, you know, try to sell something to somebody or convince them you should be in charge now or whatever it is. Nineteen eighty nine that was actually the peak. It was better than picking aera, and you can find things worthy of nostalgiaa You can also find plenty of things almost nobody wants restored. For instance, the infant mortality rate three many times higher in nineteen seventy six and thirteen times higher in nineteen twenty six, fifty years before that. Yeah, anyway, this last paragraph is what I wanted to get in because I thought it was really interesting, he writes. I'm a conservative, so I'm the first to concede that the past is worth remembering and studying. But if all you do is cherry pick the good, real or alleged while blinding yourself to the bad, you're not studying the past. You're grading the present against a past that never was. Well said, Yeah, that's pretty good. It's a good thing to watch out for. Yeah, yeah, I wonder is there a I always go to evolutionary reasons, assuming that most human nature stuff we have held onto is because those of us who do these things have survived versus people who didn't. And I wonder if there's just some advantage to remembering the good stuff and blocking out the bad for moving forward. You talked about Beniesia earlier, how you forget how much work having a baby is because if you remembered it, maybe you wouldn't have another baby. But you know, and maybe that's it. Maybe that's the whole evolutionary thing. I have no idea, or.
Speaker 1: Even if it's not evolutionary, it might just be you know, uh, anthropologically adaptive, like.
Speaker 2: Being nice to people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know what's so interesting is, you know when I read orwell earlier in my life, before I had much perspective, I got that if you can seize people's history, you can you can control them because you're controlling the perception of who they are. I kind of sort of got it, but now I really really get it. Oh yeah, because the neo Marxists right now are doing the opposite. Well, they're doing something similar to what Matthew Continetti's talking about. But everybody's trying to tell you what the past was because you are, we are a product of everything we have lived and done. If you can twist in people's mind what we've lived and done.
Speaker 2: You got them. Yeah. And even for people that are doing their best to let you know what happened, as without an agenda, the best they can don't agree on stuff, So history to a certain extent is a fabrication. Anyway, it's the best you can do. And then if you got somebody with an agenda and that's all you've ever learned, then you have a completely skewed view of everything. It's true timely troubling.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know, I think the most terrifying sentence I have ever cooked up in discussing the complete infiltration of our schools, our educational system with these radical leftists. Is kids learn what they're taught, and they've learned to hate their country like that, proud of being an American? Gallop pole. I was looking at this earlier. We were talking about this at length to kick off? Was it our two? I don't remember our three? Are you extremely or very proud to be an American? Silent greatest generation? The older folks eighty three percent, falls off eight percent, to baby boomers at seventy five percent, barely falls off at all, to Gen X seventy one percent. Then it falls off full thirteen percent. Millennials fifty eight percent say they are and Gen Z born ninety seven and on forty one percent say they're extremely or very proud to be an American. I would have been absolutely a yes at their age. So it's not just age. They learned what they were taught.
Speaker 2: Oh, the idea of learning were a bad country seems crazy. I had two men lefty professors, but I didn't come out of school thinking we are a bad country. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I came out of school thinking what's the matter with them? The great historian Gordon Wood died recently. He was a super hardcore critic of the sixteen nineteen Project late in his life and was very, very eloquent. If I'm a twelve year old and I'm taught that the sixteen nineteen Project is an accurate portrayal of the country's founding and why it was founding founded, it's plausible enough, I would believe it. It holds together as an argument. It is factually, wildly, almost hilariously inaccurate, and it's cherry picking and it's just utter dishonesty. But twelve year olds believe it. Kids learn what they're taught. That's why, you know. I've been saying, we're in the fight for our lives, for certainly for our country, for our children's hearts and minds, and we've let it.
Speaker 2: Go way too far in the other direction. But I don't want to go on and on. I have funny stuff. And again, it's Friday. We've been trying to have to slur because we're half in the bag. We got the dakery machine going. Uh, it's Friday. We got I got a bunch of jokes when we come back to finish strong, whole bunch.
Speaker 1: Of I ate a gummy, and uh, I wasn't getting high, so I had another one. And now Michael has three heads, and one of them is the head of a giant rabbit.
Speaker 2: So your calibration got off.
Speaker 1: I could be scrawmating any minute, Michael, So get me scrawming, Get me a bucket.
Speaker 2: Oh no, scrammting. Not at least until the show's over. A bunch of jokes and other stuff on the way. We'll finish. Strong, Stay here, strong. We threw a rod well. You gotta wait right here and fix the mechanical.
Speaker 10: You got to sit in the middle of five hours?
Speaker 2: Are you crazy? The airplane experience, it's not a good experience. Bring you fishing, gulb Oh, yeah, you got a net. I'm gon use my hand. This trip is gonna be so so great. That's gonna be so great. It's a great burden to have to leave. Our families don't want to go. Alfred is the largest mill owner in Western New York.
Speaker 1: Will employ over one hundred and twenty children.
Speaker 2: Are you four children working at the mill? I disliked children so much.
Speaker 9: Really doesn't bother me what they're doing.
Speaker 2: Life. Larry in the Pursuit of unhappiness An Almost History of America seven episodes, starts June twenty six on HBO. And I'll bet you that's why he was in the front row at the Knicks game, even though he's been a lifelong Knicks fan and he's got like hundreds of millions of dollars. Oh but HBO got him a front row ticket so that they could promote his new show, right, we found out from Ben Stiller.
Speaker 1: That's the way it works. So what's the premise of the show? Can you tell?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 1: I don't know, like a funny documentary there?
Speaker 2: Huh? Kids working at mills? Are you okay with that?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: As much as I dislike kids, I don't really care. Him going nuts at the game the other night was funny, though, just because we've never seen him happy. It just was always miserable. That's his whole vibe is miserable, right, uncomfortable. By the way, SpaceX crossed one twenty eight, one hundred and twenty eight dollars a share. At one point it was one fifty or something. Anyways, I predicted Elon Musk officially the world's first trillionaire, So good luck to Elon.
Speaker 3: Are getting weird?
Speaker 2: I they can wear fast. It could be a really really big deal, this whole SpaceX thing, getting everything into space. And but more on that probably Monday, after it settles down and we see how it all went. I got some battle on b headlines for you. Just a bunch of jokes in a row. There you go, all pretty funny to wrap things up. How much time I got, Michael, see if I need to hurry through this?
Speaker 9: Oh you got about let's see five minutes.
Speaker 2: Five minutes. Yeah, Oh jeez, we need more material. I got a million things EMTs to be stationed near spurs bench next game to prevent choking. Oh we had this one earlier. Trump sets world record by winning war with Iran twenty seven times in one year. Yeah, we'll see where that goes over totally decimated. They're completely they are navies at the bottom of the sea.
Speaker 1: Why aren't we not imposing our terms on them?
Speaker 2: We'll see where that goes today and over the weekend. Man Bill Gates brought before Congress to answer for Epstein and Windows Vista. I'm not I never had. Was Windows Vista bad? That's going back some Yeah, it was a debacle. This one. I relate to a lot particularly before I had kids. I met Sloppy Joe's last night. I'd had Sloppy Joe's in a long time. Got Sloppy Joe, and I told I showed my kids. My fourteen year old loved them. My sixteen year old, who doesn't like meat, I didn't really like him. I mean, you put some potato chips on the top underneath the bun of Sloppy Joe. Please, that's some good eating right there.
Speaker 1: Known as Sloppy Daddy's for many years in my house.
Speaker 2: Really, of course got we had sloppy g though. That was a good eat. My god, I have not had an sj in oh years? What do I things? So good? So cheap? And then Henry he wanted one for he went to bed, got some of the leftovers out of heat it up, and another one for bed. That's a good eating anyway. I thought this joke was kind of funny. Man eating cereal out of flower vase wonders if he should do dishes. I've been that guy before. Oh my, that is funny. What have I got that's conon cave enough? I could eat cereal out of rather than do dishes. A shoe flow race, a countint party realizes too late that person asking him about his work was just being polite. Oh no kidding. That's tough. Oh that's tough.
Speaker 1: So getting back to the dish thing now, you you have been a single man more than I have in my adult huh. But when like my wife's out of town for a week or something, I am one spoon, one bowl, one fork, one plate.
Speaker 2: Guy, Absolutely and the same bowlspoon, fork, plate.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, nothing else is disturbed in the cabinet. Yeah, much more efficient. And you don't have to quote unquote do dishes. You get a little soap on a sponge. There, you're done, and you eat a meal and then you do it again.
Speaker 2: I don't even put that much ever, it rinse it off. But I'm not gonna soap and sponge.
Speaker 1: It right exactly?
Speaker 2: Who are you going to poison you? You've got some crusted raisin brand and stuff from yesterday? What do I care?
Speaker 1: Oh that's two sea, you're too too far.
Speaker 2: New b disc golfer not even high? Can you play disc golf?
Speaker 8: Not?
Speaker 2: Hi? Is that allowed? And this one, which is a joke but very serious, Carmelo kicking himself for not converting to Islam and stabbing someone in the UK instead. Oh boy, that's a good one. That is a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were talking about that much more serious tones earlier, you know, pitting everybody against each other based on their race or their sexual proclivity or whatever. It's a useful revolutionary tactic in ways we've talked about. I was talking about, or I was reading about, rather how Lebanon is on the verge of another civil war.
Speaker 2: And I remember back in.
Speaker 1: Ho gosh was it late eighties, that they had a previous horrendous civil war with the Green Line, which was a street that if you even tried to cross it you would be killed by a sniper from one side or another. And it was the Sunnis and the Shia, and the Drus and the Maronites, the Palestinians and then the rag taggy clinging to the idea that they had a state government forces all either killing everybody else or a couple of those other groups, and it's all based on identity.
Speaker 2: And the idea.
Speaker 1: That that is on any level a good idea is not only profoundly Unamerican, it's profoundly stupid.
Speaker 2: Hey, kids, it's that time again with Armstrong and Getty here's your host for final thoughts, Joel Getty.
Speaker 1: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap things up for the day. Pressing the buttons in the control room. There he is keeping the ship afloat. It's Michael Angelo. Michael final thought.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we were talking about nostalgia, and I was just making a list of my nostalgia. We have the corded telephones from the landline. We got the VHS tapes, Blockbuster video buying CDs, Atari video games, and of course getting together with friends to watch the scrambled Playbood channel, hoping to see a little boob.
Speaker 2: Good times Jack. A final thought for us, I wish I hadn't started talking about sloppy Joe's. I'm glad I've got some leftovers. I guarantee you when I get home, I'm gonna whip another one of those up microwave A couple of little bees. No, I don't put you. I've never tried. That is a good. Oh, it's fantastic. Put cheese. I put potato chips on there. Potato chips and cheese. Oh okay, why not? What are you an anti Jesus and Yolo?
Speaker 1: Let's see my final thought is nineteen seventy six, the year of our bicentennial. I was extremely patriotic them as I am now. I was collecting those bicentennial quarters and we got my childhood dog, Nika, and I cried because we had to separate her from her litter mates. And she was sad, so I was sad. That is most of my memory in nineteen seventy six. Oh and I was wearing tall gym socks because everybody was.
Speaker 2: I had a red, white and blue Budweiser bucket hat that I wore that whole summer. Was a child when kids would wear beer related gear. Armstrong in Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour work day, Eh, kept the sun off your head. So many people to thanks, so little time.
Speaker 1: Good Armstrong, Eyeddy dot Com, Travis the line mail bag at Armstrong and Geddy dot com pickups me and ge swag and enjoy the hot.
Speaker 2: Like my brother had a bi centennial Schlitz hat. See him Monday. God bless American.
Speaker 3: And now it's time to go to the end of the show. Yeah, it's over, but before we hit.
Speaker 1: The door, there's time for just one more buffaloed buffalo.
Speaker 4: Buffalo buffaloed buffalo, buffaloed buffalo, buffalo.
Speaker 9: The Armstrong and Getty Show