Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by All State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States Savings. Ferry terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: This episode is.
Speaker 3: Brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg. Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheadle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Knavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 4: Welcome in episode sixty two of What's Right with Nick right in the podcasting YouTube show, and our first full episode from our new palatial gorge is built out studio right inside of what happens to be my wife's boutique here in Harlem. We don't have the infrastructure yet for you to be able to do like a live show, but if you walk by Lenox between one nineteenth to one twentieth, we'll at least wave to you if we're not if we're not recording at the time. So we've done sixty two of these shows, forty five regular shows, seventeen NBA Player our greatest fifty player countdown shows. We are now into football season. We're going to be back on three shows a week. We'll talk more about what that third show every week is going to look like in just a moment. But before we get to demans, before we get to today's show from our brand new kick Ass studio, let's start the show the way we always do by discussing what we are not actually discussing. Here's what did not make the cut for today's show. Gino Smith winning the worst quarterback battle ever anyone that's ever seen Drew Locke play dating back to when he was playing in high school in Kansas City, knew he wasn't gonna be an NFL starting quarterback Mickey mantlecard sells for twelve point six million dollars. You know why that made me feel good because it wasn't It was an actual old school cardboard baseball card, not an NFT selling for ten million. No, it's something you can actually hold. And our role as Chapman goes to the il after a reaction to a bad tattoo, how about that. You've never had a medical reaction to a bad tattoo. You've maybe had an emotional reaction. No tatty tattoo. I'm sorry, Tomnse I feel good this morning. You're gonna bust your balls a bit, all right? Demand where are we starting with?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: We are starting with my boy. Gilbert Renez went on his podcast and basic said that Jannis doesn't know how to be a great basketball player. Yet says that he doesn't know how to train his body quote unquote, and the double down Phil Handy, Lakers assistant, agreed with him. Uh, defend this or I don't want to say defend this. Giannis is also a two time MVP, one time MVP in the finals in twenty twenty one. But is this the most egregious basketball take during this offseason or take period, not even Bata.
Speaker 4: So here's the thing. And you had a great tweet about this, by the way, so shout out to you on that. And speaking of Twitter, remember how we had this contest about who's going to get to five thousand or five hundred thousand first I do. I'm not even at four ninety six yet I like, I think that that bet cursed me. I have gained no followers since then. It was a terrible bet. Okay, Now to the actual content of the show. A really weird thing happens with other basketball players and Yannis and I flag this two years ago because something would happen where if steph was going off, or if Harden was going off, or if Durant or Lebron, any of the truly great players were having an all time night. What you would see is other great players chime in on Twitter about it. And Yannis never got that from anyone, and one could argue, well, it was because people hadn't seen him perform at the highest level, at the highest stage. Free championship. It wasn't just that he hadn't won a title. It was that similar to James Harden, by the way, he seemed to get a little worse in the postseason. Harden gets a lot worse, Hart and Giannis got a little worse. But then when at the fact that people are still saying these things after an NBA Championship where Yanni's averaged thirty five, thirteen and six, Gilbert was part of his argument was that Giannis didn't play enough minutes.
Speaker 5: Thirty eight minutes that he was.
Speaker 4: You know, you got to play thirty eight You gotta play forty minutes. Jannis is playing. Giannis is playing thirty two minutes he was. And by the way, that was a criticism of mind, not of Giannis, but of his coach, that he wouldn't let him play big enough minutes. But then what happened in those NBA finals. In those NBA finals, coming off what looked like a catastrophic knee injury, what was Gianni's doing, Oh, he was playing forty plus minutes per game. I'll pull up what he had. How many minutes he averaged in just a moment. It was he It should have answered all of the possible Yiannis questions, and then he won the championship with a fifty point game, but it didn't answer all the possible Jiani's questions. So the listen Gilberts a goofball. He's funny, he's interesting at times, but a goof Holls. So why? To me, the most interesting part of this is why do people still make this case about Yannis despite for and by the way, it wasn't just the finals. We saw him in these NBA Playoffs without Chris Middleton in games five and six against Boston go forty to eleven, and then game six to beat Boston. They didn't beat Boston, but to beat Boston went forty four and twenty with six assists. So why do people still say it? People refuse to recognize what Yannis is and instead they try to make him what he isn't. So people look at Yannis and they want him to be a traditional wing, and they're like, why don't you have the skill set of the traditional wing. What they misunderstand is what Yannis is is the next generational check. What they misunderstand is is that Yani is not a traditional wing. He is the futuristic center. He is has the size, the power, and the strength of a center who also can do other things, can bring the ball up, can hit the occasional three pointer. They're looking at him through the prism of he is the modern wing, and in the prism of the modern wing.
Speaker 5: We know how the hell you're looking at is a modern wing.
Speaker 4: Well, it's the only justification or explanation for this criticism he gets because nobody criticized Shack about this shit. Nobody, And they would have seemed ridiculous if they were, like, why doesn't Shaq have a pull up jump shot? But because Yan, they don't. They're looking at him through the wrong prism. And you brought up yesterday and we were talking about this just sitting on the couch that how much of the criticism with Giannis has to do with the fact that he's a foreign guy, that he's not in these NBA clicks like some of these other guys. I think that's a piece of it, But I think more than that, it is a misunder standing of the player that he is. He is the futuristic Shaquille O'Neal who can absolutely destroy you and only make shots within six feet. Everything he does from there out is a bonus. Now, if the team wasn't able to win because teams just sagged off him and dared him to shoot, then that would be a hole in his game. But they won the title a year ago, and I believe would have won the title this year if their second best player doesn't get hurt. Even with their second best player getting hurt, they go seven against Boston and Giannis in that series that they lost. By the way, what did the average Oh, I'm sorry, thirty four and fifteen with seven assists. They lost a series. He averaged thirty four to fifteen to seven assists and played forty minutes per game. One other thing, and this is where I will just always disagree with a certain type of former NBA player. And there's also a fans that think like this. But I'm more interested in the NBA players guys that and I think this Gilbert applies here. Despite all their success, despite what great players they were, don't actually understand the objective. The objective is to score as many points as you can and prevent the other team from scoring as many points as they can. It's very very basic. Jannis is top three every year in scoring, top three every year in efficiency. So as an offensive player, he's as good as anybody in the league. Now he doesn't do it as prettily, prettily as pretty as other guys in the league. And as a defensive player, he's the best defensive player in the league by a mile, and way better than the other guys who are are they the best player in basketball? He's a way better defender than Kde, than Staff, than Jokic, than Lebron, so he he is the only way better than Luca defensively. Obviously his game should be unimpeachable. But because his bag isn't that big, and because it's not as pretty as like, I think Gilbert would take a polygraph and say Kyrie Irving is a better basketball player than Yannis, even though Gianna scores more, does it more efficiently, and is one hundred times the defender and one hundred times the leader. I think it is a fundamental misunderstanding of what the goal of the game is.
Speaker 5: People are failing to come around.
Speaker 4: To be honest, well, it's unbelievable that there's still that it's still happening. All right, what's next?
Speaker 2: We got Tom Brady the Goat took some time off during this preseason with some personal issues. Yeah, he says, quote unquote, I'm forty five.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of going on. I didn't mean to say the S word.
Speaker 4: No, that's that was the exact quote.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And he also says he's ready to go. And a player like Tom Brady or of Tom Brady's caliber, you just automatically think he's gonna be ready to go. But do you think he's a guy that's ready to win a super Bowl?
Speaker 4: No, Listen, we're gonna have the gambling show. That's gonna be our third show of the week. Every week is gonna be a football gambling show that's gonna come out. I think this Friday, Thursday or Friday. I'm not sure which. What you're gonna see on there is that I'm gonna fade the bucks considerably. Fade means go against Gambler and Brady. This Brady press conference was legit concerning to me because I've never and you guys know, I didn't kill him for the time off.
Speaker 2: I could have surgery.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, listen, the guy does look like he's had some pillers. That's fine. You know what, his body, his choice. I'm not gonna ask him for that. I don't think that's where he was though. I don't think he was out getting plastic surgery. But when I said I wasn't going to attack Tom Brady for taking the time off, I gave the reasons for it on the previous episode. People want to hear it, they can't. But I was operating under the assumption Brady was going to come back the way a lot of us come back after a vacation, rejuvenated, refreshed, excited, ready to go. Brady seemed despondent. Brady seemed like a guy who wanted to keep playing football, but didn't want to keep playing football where he was. He seemed like a guy who thought, at this phase of my career, I'm going to be somewhere else. And we know that at this phase of his career he thought he was going to be somewhere else. And I think Brady knows that team, knows that locker room, knows that new coaching staff, and if he thought that that was a super caliber team, he would be far more excited than he appears to be. He wouldn't be taking this time off and then seeming upset when he got back.
Speaker 2: You don't think it's more of like, you know, this is like the usual for Tom Brady, Like it's just like excited to win another Super Bowl, Yay, like he's won what how many Aready seven?
Speaker 4: But no, because I it was I've never seen Brady. I've seen Brady happy, I've seen Brady withdrawn, I've seen Brady angry, I've seen Brady all these things. I've never seen Brady nonchalant. It wasn't even nonchalant. It was it was like he was stuck. And again, maybe I'm reading too much into this, but it was alarming to me. The two week absence and then him saying forty five years old, got a lot of shit going on, was very odd. It all, what if Brady were, you know, Lebron is a few months away from breaking Kareem's record. Let's say there were an NFL record like that, that Brady was that close to eclipsing. I would have seen that. Presidents. I always said, oh, he doesn't even want to play this year, but he's so close to an all time record that he's just he wants to do it. That's not the case. Brady has all of the records, and he retired and then chose to come back. So yeah, the short version of this is I am super fading the Bucks because I think Brady is fading the Bucks whether he knows it or not. All right, next, all right, you've.
Speaker 2: Been super high on Trevor Lawrence and Trey Lance's offseason. You were also high on the Chicago Bears. Justin Fields has looked very amazing and he threw for three touchdowns in the last preseason.
Speaker 4: He looked great in the last preseason. That's I'm sure.
Speaker 2: And so by the end of the year, how do you think we'll rank the five second year quarterbacks between Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, Fields, in mac Jones.
Speaker 4: Okay, so these are two different I'm gonna answer two different things. I'm gonna I'm gonna rank the five as far as the year I think they will have, and then I'm gonna rank the five as to how I think they will be looked at moving forward. So I think Trey Lance will have the best year. I think Trevor Lawrence will have the next best year. I think Mac Jones will be third, I think Justin Fields will be fourth, and I think Zach Wilson, who's already hurt, will be fifth. That's as far as if you just look at their end of year quarterback rating, touchdowns, yardage, I think it will go Field, Lawrence Jones. I'm sorry I said that backwards. Apologies. I think it will go I think go number one, Lance, Lawrence Jones, Fields, Wilson.
Speaker 2: That's what I.
Speaker 4: Think is coming After the year, how will they be looked at? As far as if we did a redraft, I still think Lawrence will be one. I think Lawrence will be the best of this class. I think Lance will be two. I think Fields will be three. I think Mac Jones will be four, and I think Zach Wilson will be five. I think that because of the offensive line and receiver issues. I think Justin Fields is gonna have real issue, you know, trouble having a monster statistical year, but I think it will show flashes enough to where he jumps above Mac Jones in the hierarchy. I think Trey Lance is going to have a better year than Trevor Lawrence. But I think Lawrence is gonna have a good enough year with the overall talent that he has around him that people are gonna say, Okay, he's the best. But I think there are two future Pro Bowl star level quarterbacks. Of these five, I think it is Lawrence, and I think it is Lance. I think Mac Jones ceiling is mediocre. Justin Fields might be screwed by the franchise. You're right. I did have in my way too early preseason for Chicago being really good. But that's why their way too early preseason predictions, the actual season predictions. We're not going to be that high on Chicago, and I am. Zach Wilson's probably screwed. Oh hurt already he plays for the Jets. I don't like it, all right, last he's tragic, all right. So Aaron Rodgers went on Joe Rogan's podcast this weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, talked about playing playing games on pain killers like percocet and misleading about his vaccine status. Blames the media for not asking follow ups after he claimed that he was quote unquote immuneisized, immunized. But all right, so if Kyrie said something like this could obviously be the talk of the town and we talk about it forever. But why is Aaron Rodgers able to say stuff like this and get away with it?
Speaker 4: So here's the thing. I don't think he really is. I think we just already filled up our cup on the Aaron Rodgers vaccine talk. Okay, So I think that these topics have a shelf life depending on how juicy they are, of a certain number of days and hours discussed. And we did so much of Aaron Rodgers vaccine stuff when he was missing the Chiefs game in that moment that people are now sick of it. So I don't think it's a double standard Aaron and Kyrie. I think Aaron caught a lot of shit. I just think people are now tired of it. I however, I am not quite tired of it, and I will discuss it from let's do it all right. First thing, I want to make this very clear. He claims he's allergic to the vaccine. That's why he didn't get it, that the Pfizer and MODERNA stuff has an ingredient that he's allergic to. Wow, I don't believe it.
Speaker 5: I wonder what doctor he paid to put that on paper.
Speaker 4: Man, I flatly don't believe YEA. Now, about two percent of the public has an quote allergic reaction to the vaccine, but that includes if it gets super itchy, if if the For me at least, it was the second shot I got was sore for a week, and so the I was looking at I was looking it up this morning because I knew we're gonna talk about this, all right. Then there is a severe allergic reactions, Okay, severe allergic reactions are even they're like point three percent of the public, and that itself still is not necessarily as dire as it sounds. Anaphylaxis is what you really have to worry about, okay, which is a life threatening allergic reaction.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: That was point zero two percent. Okay, So two percent is two and one hundred point two percent is two in one thousand. Point zero two percent is two and ten thousand, So in other words, one in five thousand. Do I believe Aaron that he was in that category? I don't. So he lied to us about other stuff, admitted he lied to us. Is that admitted he was being intentionally, he was obfuscating intentionally and being misleading. So I don't believe him, that's first of all. Second of all, it's a really hard time, and I have applauded him on the ayahuasca stuff, but it's a very hard time convincing me that you are My body is a temple I'm not going to put anything in me that could possibly have some ramifications that I'm unprepared for. I'm going to fly to Peru and smoke ayahuasca because that is a live wire, my friend. Now you can say, oh, it's natural. A lot of things are natural. Peanuts are natural. They kill people, So the idea that so, I just don't buy that. But my bigger issue always with Aaron was not with the line, was not with the not getting vaccinated. It was and this is what I wish Rogan had talked to him about, because he claims he truly believed he was immunized, not vaccinated, but immunized. He believed he, in his research no had found a way to become immunized by Like, if you listen to Rogan, whatever's process was, whatever it was, I don't care. If it was take three asprin and chug a gallon of milk, I don't care. If it was smoke of carton of marlboroughs, I don't care. If it was spoon, was someone who's two weeks removed from the virus, whatever the process was, if you truly believe you have found you Aaron Rodgers. In addition to being defending league MVP have discovered an immunity to COVID.
Speaker 5: Put us on, put us on?
Speaker 4: How many people do you know that are afraid of the shot? You couldn't be like, hey, I have a big platform America. I also didn't want to get the shot. Guess what though, I figured it out, doctor Fauci, you can't throw a football. I can do your job and throw a football.
Speaker 2: Eat that.
Speaker 4: It's just so ridiculous. It's just so outrageous to me bringing up Kyrie. It's the same bucket of Kyrie wants to be a voice for the voiceless, but wouldn't talk about anything. If Kyrie really was I am so angry that the New York City public workers got fired for not getting vaccinated. I am gonna take a stand. I maybe would listen to you, I at least would be open to it. But you can't convince me that's why you're doing this. If you then never talk about it, if you truly believe you have discovered a natural immunity to a pandemic that has claimed the lives at last count of over one million Americans, the vast majority of whom post vaccine were unvaccinated Americans are the secret bro. That's been my issue with Aaron about this the entire time. We'll be right.
Speaker 6: Back when it comes to towing, Seeing is believing. That's why Chevy Truck's advanced camera technology offers up to eight available cameras for fourteen unique views, so you can focus on the view that really matters. Chevrolet. Together, let's drive. Learn more about Chevy Truck's at Chevy dot com Safety. Your driver assistance features are no substitute for the driver's responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner, with the vehicle owner's manual for important future limitations and information.
Speaker 4: All right, welcome back in What's right? Nick Wright. Episode number sixty three is our second segment. Oh, I know we're starting this one because you know what started on Monday. Oh you know, not only is it one of the four tennis majors of the year, but it's the one right here in our backyard and Flushing Queen.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sorry, guys, didn't know the US Open was in Flushing. That's why you're asking for the tickets. I thought you were gonna go to like England or something.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is not a rousing start. To Nick's tennis corner. But that's all right. I'm not gonna let you bring me down Knicks tennis corner. Let's go.
Speaker 2: We are back, Yeah, Nick's tennis corner. Yeah, my favorite US Open kicked off on Monday and will run through September eleventh. No Novak Djokovic, and it's Serena's last US Open.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Could Serena shock us all and go for one last run?
Speaker 5: No, no, straight like that.
Speaker 4: Serena can't win it. However, Serena and Venus were late entries on the women's doubles side, and they could win that. Okay, I'm not gonna act like I've scouted the women's doubles, you know what I mean history. What I do know is the two of them have played in finals teen times as doubles partners. They are fourteen and zo. And what that also means is Serena might get two US Open farewells, which is dope. Is if she gets knocked out on the single side, Listen to single side if you want. Like, Hallep is not the betting favorite, she's the second favorite. The favorite is the lady named sweetech Swatek. I might be saying it wrong. I apologize. Coco Goff has a chance. That would be super dope. I would love to see Naomi Osaka have another great US Open moment after she's kind of dealt with some things. The smart money is probably on Hallip. I actually watched Simona hallep in her as the number one seed in her first or second match against an unranked player at the US Open a few years ago. Watched her lose in person, and seemingly nobody was there because it was a women's match on the against the A qualifiers too. But no, Demonse, I'm sorry. There's going to be one hundred plus thousand people that go to the US Open this week because basketball is going on. You're gonna be one of them. You're going with me at least one day, maybe multiple days this week and then in the next week. We'll see. Next week, the ticket's get a little pricier, so I'm not sure I'm gonna spend them on someone like you that can't necessarily appreciate it. But Serena can't win it. It would be amazing if she did, but she can't. It's unfortunate she can't. She could win doubles with her sister I'm excited to see that. On the men's side of things, I don't want to spend more time talking back stuff. I do think it is Listen, I think Djokovic just being a dupis and refusing to get vaccinated and costing himself part of his tennis legacy. As he's trying to surpass in the doll or Federer depending on who you look at as the greatest player ever, he's costing himself tournaments. I also think it does not cause a public health issue if the US government were to make one off exceptions for elite performers in individual fields to briefly come into the country. Like, I do think that that. I do think that it's kind of crazy that he can't, just like I think it's kind of crazy the Canada wouldn't let the unvaxxed American baseball players in. I do think if it's a temporary thing for a someone that is going to generate in generate you know, income or some type of revenue for the city that he's going to, you can make an exception. I don't think it's going to cause an outbreak.
Speaker 2: But like what about I'm sorry, I'm not even gonna this is like such a go ahead. I mean, aren't all of us the citizens this is gonna I'm not trying to get like that, but aren't all of us the citizens bringing in some type of money to America?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Sure, but it's money. But we live here, so we were going to be generating at either. He Novak Djokovic is one of the greatest sings players ever. I don't look at him as like, oh, you let him in all of a sudden, we're gonna have a fifth wave, right, So I understand their opinion is this is just the rule if you're if you're a non American citizen, you can't come into the country unless you're showing your vaccinated I think they could make exceptions to it. Set that aside because he's not in there. The biggest winner is Medvedev, who might end up winning the tournament. I am going to be rooting for Nadal. You and you became a bit of a nad Doll fan.
Speaker 5: The doll is the guy that does the thing behind his year every time.
Speaker 4: Yes, and he's the guy who we watched play that match hurt and then couldn't play the next one. Yes, curios who you like because he's insane. He has a chance. Citypas, who I don't like, has a chance. But Nadal will be my pick. If it were gun to my head, I have to be right, I would my two winners would be hall of and Medvedev because I'm not going to gamble on this, and because they both have a chance. My actual picks are going to be cocoa, golf and at all. Those are my two picks. But if it was my family's been kidnapped, they only get released. If you're right, then I would go hall up on the women's side and Medvedev on the midside. There's the tennis corner. By the way, if you think next Monday we're not doing a tennis corner when we're halfway through the US Open, you're crazy. And if you think the following week, which will be the first show the first day after Week one of the NFL, if you think we're not squeezing in a couple of minutes after we've had the men's and women's US Open final that weekend, then you don't know this show?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: What's next?
Speaker 5: All right? Man?
Speaker 4: Listen, I don't need yes, I don't need it.
Speaker 5: So uh, we connected with Tyreek Hill.
Speaker 4: What's the name of the segment we're doing here?
Speaker 5: Oh I'm free.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry, guys, we are playing right or wrong? There you got the apologies new studio. Yeah uh to A connected to Tyreek Hill on a deep ball in the preseason and social media went nuts.
Speaker 5: But Small was like, seriously underthrown. I think they're overreacting.
Speaker 2: But right or wrong, this is the start of something very beautiful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna say wrong. I of course you are listen. I I said I would take to a number one overall on his draft over Joe Burrow. I would love to be able to stand on that opinion, dight stand on it. I just don't think it's gonna work. And I think Tyreek's gonna get super frustrated. And I understand that every you know, the whole Miami Dolphins organization is behind Tyreek or behind two A pardon me, I don't buy it. I also don't think severely underthrown is totally fair. It was a little underthrown, but they did connect on it on the first play of the preseason of that game. I'm happy for him, but no, I don't think it's to start something beautiful next.
Speaker 2: All right, So reports are Utah is trying to trade Donovan Mitchell before the season starts. Right or wrong, Spider will be a nick by October.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you, thank you. Uh. I think that's absolutely right. I think you will be. I think this trade eventually gets done. First of all, I hope it gets done because we're doing the show from my wife's store in Harlem, and there's this nice gentleman named Flash Oh helps my wife out with stuff like cleans up in front of the store, does little stuff for he every single day. I see him, and I'm not gonna do His accent is a very he is a very colorful Caribbean accent. He asked me, are we gonna get Donovan? What are they doing? Trade? And he called him today? He called him. DJ said trade DJ. What he means r JJ, Yeah, trade him. You know who is really nervous about this? But I do think the trade's gonna happen. I think everything's right now in a holding pattern, but it's gonna happen. You know who's really nervous.
Speaker 5: About this trade, Quinn Grimes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. Quinn Grimes was Demonse's teammate on basketball University which was an AAU team in Texas. Quinn Grimes was a top five recruit, went to KU, it didn't work out, had an amazing first game, and then like didn't work out for him. He transfers to Houston and is awesome. Get some I think to the Elite eight is awesome, but he would have been if it would have been back when you can go straight from high school to pro, would have been probably a top five pick instead. I'm gonna look it up real quick. I think it was a late late first rounder. He might have been a second rounder. I'm gonna I'm gonna check real quick. Whatever it is it was. You know, it's tough if your college career doesn't go the way you were projected to your drafts. He was the twenty fifth pick of the draft, so he probably could have been top five in staid he goes twenty fifth. But with the Knicks, he's been really good. It's been way better than you would back to late first round pick to bat. So the Jazz really want him in this trade. Imagine being Quinton and you're like becoming us not a star, but maybe on your way to being a star in New York City, and they might trade you to slid Lake City. So he this is where it's like victim of his own success. If he had been a little worse than maybe the Jazz wouldn't care about him. But I think he's probably gonna be in the trade. I feel for your Quinton. That's tough. It's tough. Go now, let me find one bright side. Utah is gonna be so bad and they're gonna play just young guys.
Speaker 5: They're gonna build up that resume.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, you could average twenty points, right, he could be one of their primary scores. But yes, I think the trade happens. All right, what's next?
Speaker 2: Aaron Donald swung helmets in a brawl with the Bengals at a joint sorry, at a joint.
Speaker 5: Practice last week. Right or wrong?
Speaker 2: Having a Super Bowl rematches this preseason practice is a bad idea.
Speaker 4: I think that's obviously right, that it's a bad idea. I also will think that there are so I know it's practice and not a game, but there were a lot of people who were demanding Miles Garrett be criminally prosecuted for hitting Mason Rudolph on the head. That's quarter Well, Mason ruolphs a quarterback. For the Steelers. Miles Garrett's the guy who hit it round with the defensive end for the Browns. A couple of years ago, he got suspended six games and they were demanding he'd be criminally prosecuted. Aaron Donald went double coconuts, went two helmets, and was unhinged. And he's not going to get in any trouble because the NFL evidently can't suspend you for stuff you do a practice, which I actually think is a good rule because then it's a I hate this term, but it's a slippery slope too. You know, if you fight your own teammate, you in trouble, all types of things. But Donald gets himself up to such like a a fraud when he's playing, and he's so big and so strong, I think it would be really really. I think part of the reasons he's so great is I think he scares other NFL players, Like if you've seen the drill he does where.
Speaker 2: With the neck, Yeah, hidding him in the neck.
Speaker 4: Like he's just so he's so dominant that guys do whatever it takes to try to slow him down. And he gets himself up to such a fervor that, yeah, but to answer the question, Yeah, you shouldn't have a Super Bowl rematch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's kind of crazy.
Speaker 4: Of course guys that you know, guys are gonna be chippy. All right, what's last?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: This this weekend, the Ravens mascot got injured in a football game and had to be carted off and the Braves mascot stiff armed about five children.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right or wrong?
Speaker 2: Mascots need to stop playing football.
Speaker 4: No, that's totally wrong. First of all, I love the Braves mascot. Just housing these it's amazing, it's such a great The first one is go then if you're watching on YouTube and see it with us. If you're not, then apologies. I think he was like, man, I want to just house it and get the mascot costume.
Speaker 5: One.
Speaker 4: Nobody's saying to you as far as the Raven's mascot, that seems like a workers comp issue. I mean, I feel and the fact that he stayed in character on the cart is amazing and take the raven head off. You're like, no, I gotta stay is this thing even though I just blew out my knee.
Speaker 5: Did you see they didn't say anything about it in the rundown. Did you see the.
Speaker 2: Mascot that did like the summer, he did like three or four flips and his.
Speaker 5: Helmet fell off. Yeah, and he like stayed on the ground.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you're not because you're not supposed to. Yeah, you know, you can't. You can't lose your helmet. Did uh. I don't know if you remember this, but you remember when your youngest sister, uh, when she would have either Mickey or Minnie come to her birthday pre and there was nothing funnier, nothing funnier than in Houston after was it Mickey was either Houston, New York. I don't remember she had Mickey come to one, Mini come to the other. But the guy it was it must have been Mickey, because it was the guy. I give him all the credit in the world. He didn't ever want there to be a chance that Deanna see him out of costume, So he drove to our house in costume, head on and everything. Can you imagine driving down the road and it was like an old Toyota Tursell and Mickey Mouse in full costume.
Speaker 2: Hey man, you know exactly what's going on.
Speaker 4: I feel like, yeah, it was great, it was great. I listen. I'm a big fan of mascots. I am not a big fan of the NFL's top one hundred. We will dissect that briefly into the show next. All right, welcome back in What's Right? Nick, Right from our live new studio, Live from our new studio here in Harlem. I'm Nick. He's demons. Usually this last segment we try to have a little fun. We talked, you know, life nonsports, but it is football season, so the show is going to be a little more sports centric now that it's football season, and I needed to squeeze this in. A few hours before we recorded this, the NFL released the final ten of the top one hundred players going into this season. Number one's Tom Brady. That's fine. I'm not I wouldn't rank him number one, but he almost won league MVP last year. He's really good. I'm okay with it. So he's number one, so be it. Number two is Aaron Donald. I'm good with that as well. Aaron Donald arguably could be number one. That's fine. Three is Aaron Rodgers. I don't agree. Four is Cooper Cup You want to, okay, you want to just say he's the best wide receiver. I get it. Five is Jonathan Taylor, six is TJ Watt, seven is Demante Adams. Eight is Patrick Mahomes. The problem in what world is Patrick Mahomes the eighth best player in football? Where does that exist? And it just it's indefensible. Travis Kelcey is ten, which, by the way, shout out Travis Kelcey. But and Kelsey's awesome in the future, first ballot Hall of Famer. But the gap of value between Kelsey and Mahomes is not one spot, which is Jalen Ramsey. I want to see just quickly, I'm gonna check the how the so quarterbacks just quarterbacks. They have Brady Won Rogers two, Mahomes three, Josh Allen four, Joe Burrow five, Matthew Stafford six, Lamar's seven, Justin Herbert eight. That's way too low for Herbert in my opinion, Dak nine, maybe a touch high for Dak Kyler ten, Russell Wilson eleven. I actually agree with that, Derek Carr twelve, Mac Jones third. Okay, the list has gone off the rails. But having back Mahomes on this, here are the rankings that he has had since he's been in the league, right, so twenty nineteen, which was after his unbelievable year, after his unbelievable rookie season, when he had fifty touchdowns five thousand yards one league MVP, they ranked him fourth. And if you remember that, next year he scored a touchdown in a playoff game and counted off one, two, three, four, She's like, oh, I'm the fourth best player in the league. Huh. Last year after the Super Bowl, I'm sorry. The next year, after winning the Super Bowl, they they ranked him fourth again. They then they said he was fourth. They had Lamar Jackson number one, Russell Wilson number two, and they had fourth. Going into last year, they had him number one rightfully, and now they drop him to eight, justin justin outrage. And Patrick doesn't have Like Patrick's done a really good job of protecting his image and his brand, and he's a really good guy. But to say Patrick is sure of himself or as a bit of an ego, he's probably understating it. You bet your ass there will be a moment this year he throws up eight fingers. Yeah, he might try to break the record and have an eight touchdown game just for being REMP eight ranking Patrick Mahomes as the eighth best player in football, in my estimation, invalidates the entire list will tell you about what teams, not players, what teams we think are overvalued and undervalued. At the end of the week, when you do are a gambling show from our brand new studio. We're back on Thursday with a regular show Friday with our first gambling show of the year. All that coming up later this week, and by the time you see or hear this, hopefully there's been some bit of an announcement regarding the television show, which I promise will be a positive one. All that's coming up throughout the week. We'll see you guys on Thursday.