Speaker 1: Confirmed with the ambry from yesterday with the forearm. I think he gets surgery tomorrow. And then one surprise for you guys, Kalia Davis messed up his knee in the game. He's gonna be about the same timeline. He's gonna get surgery on Thursday. There'll be some he'll be back sometime halfway through the year.
Speaker 2: Is it like an m c O or something. No, it was just.
Speaker 1: Some I don't know exactly what it was, with some stuff behind his kneecap.
Speaker 3: I feel like he had a pretty strong game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought it was one of his best games. It was really unfortunate. You know, he played Austin throughout the whole game. That's why he end and us we're real surprised that he had such a tough injury but found out after the game or this mort yesterday morning, and it's a setback. But he's had such a good camp, such a good game. He's in a good spot to bounce back.
Speaker 3: How did you arrive with the decision to cancel the joint workouts and was that a hard.
Speaker 2: Thing to do for you?
Speaker 1: It was tough because it was tough because we like to do it in the long run I was. I waited so long to make the decision because of how much we enjoyed doing it, But when we realized we were just doing it because we were enjoying to do it and trying to change in the monotony, that really didn't make it worth it. It really wasn't the best thing for our team, which is where we're at injury wise and stuff.
Speaker 2: And I love doing that stuff.
Speaker 1: We'd love to go out there, but the risk was too much outweigh the reward.
Speaker 3: Is there any chance that you could do that before the Raiders.
Speaker 1: Getting No, it's just such a quick turnaround, you know, with us playing on Sunday, having to fly out there and stuff. So we're not gonna scrimmage anyone this year.
Speaker 3: How much I mean we had addition to that, canceling the joint practice. How much do you have to kind of mix around with the schedule, just the practice schedule to take care of your team at this point.
Speaker 1: That's kind of what I did today. Just we really, you know, we have a team in two different spots right now. You know, we had like twenty three guys missed practice last Thursday, really who couldn't played the game also and most of them starters and things like that, and when that happens, the twos and threes really got to take a heavy load today. A lot of those guys were sore, but a lot of the other guys hadn't practiced in five days. So we just did the ones today to kind of because they needed it. We took a lot really good care of the guys who were in two days ago.
Speaker 2: Changed up.
Speaker 1: Can give him a day off tomorrow so those guys, the twos and threes can continue to rest. The ones will recover from yesterday, and then we'll get three good days in a row on our own that we can kind of control and stuff not going against another team, and then we'll ever walked in and we'll have a.
Speaker 4: Game talked about how much you value those joint practices in the past, I mean you have concerned are you going into the season about you know, being prepared if you.
Speaker 2: Don't have them, no concern?
Speaker 1: I mean I think I said I value more than the preseason games a little bit, but I also value practice more than more than the games.
Speaker 2: So there's really no difference in that.
Speaker 1: You know, we never scrimmaged against teams when I was in Atlanta, never did in Cleveland, never did in Washington. So it's not something that you have to do. Never we did once in Houston, I believe. I just think it breaks up a monotony of camp. But we can generate that stuff with ourselves. Sometimes it's my school getting different schemes, but it all changes once a year starts.
Speaker 3: Anyways, would you think of the kickoff return in the game, and have you thought about the idea of maybe just kicking it through the back of the end zone and putting them at the thirty.
Speaker 2: It's only a five yard difference from a year ago.
Speaker 1: It's a hell of an idea. I haven't thought of that. Oh yeah, we're all talking about that, and no, it's that looks like it'll make a lot of sense once the season starts. But you know, this was our first week us doing it. It was our first week really getting more teams besides the Hall of Fame game and stuff to evaluate it. You know, when you can start there at the thirty and the average starting lines of twenty nine, you know, it doesn't seem like there's that much of a difference or to really go with the risk of it. But also can be in an advantage too. You know, we'll see how good are eleven are that we put out there, how our returners are and stuff, whether people give you the opportunity for it. But it's kind of a wait and see approach.
Speaker 3: No, how much you love watching special team stuff, you have you spent more time on it because of this than you normally would. It.
Speaker 1: Trink came, Oh yes, I mean that specially because it's just something that we haven't seen and it's something we've got to keep discussing, and.
Speaker 2: And just the spacing of it and stuff.
Speaker 1: I think seems closer to more of an offensive play than a special team's play, So there are some similarities in that, but you know, there's so much unknown. So you know, the special Teams guy's been doing this for a long time, and I always believe the key to special team is just being sound. You always want to win the game on special teams, but the main thing is you don't lose it. And when you're experiencing with new things like this, there's a lot of unknowns and that's why we all got to be very involved in it.
Speaker 3: Chris comics value on specialties, but also it's split End'll bring it in.
Speaker 2: Here it's it's been huge.
Speaker 1: I mean it was huge first last year he stepped up made you know, whenever we needed him at wide out.
Speaker 2: He came in and made some big plays.
Speaker 1: He made some big plays in the Super Bowl wide out, he made some earlier in the playoffs, and then on special teams. We didn't think he would have to be a big factor on special teams, but just like everything he does, he's such a pro and figures everything out.
Speaker 2: You know, he was one of our.
Speaker 1: Best gunner in the Super both at a hell of a job at that and wherever we've asked him, he's been a hell of a job for us.
Speaker 2: I like about what's that? What do you think about Robbie Chosen.
Speaker 1: I've always been a fan of him his whole career, especially going back to the Jets when just the speed he's had on the way he plays for a guy who can run so fast, always sad he played physical, ran his routes very well. When you're a very good go runner, street runner, but also can run a slant, it's a problem. I love they has some experience in our offense with is being with Miami last year and we got him in on a workout last week and he looked like what we've seen from Chosen in the past, and we're excited to get him on board at this time.
Speaker 3: You said that Khalai Davis will miss half the season. Is that to suggest that you'll keep him through the cuts and then put him on.
Speaker 2: Ir Yeah, we got to figure all that out.
Speaker 1: But I mean, we're planning on Clean being around here, and we plan on him coming back and helping us this year.
Speaker 3: Is there a chance you'll play the ones in this game now that you're not doing the joint workouts?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there is a chance.
Speaker 1: I mean, usually I decide that based off how the joint practices go. And there's been times I've told them that we're gonna go and I'm gonna use all the ones and these joint practices a ton and not play them in the game, and the practices haven't gone the way I've wanted, and we've ended up playing them. And then sometimes they've gone exactly how we wanted and we didn't feel the need to play the guys and I don't really see much different going against ourselves. Well, it's nice for those days to get a day off tomorrow so we can have three really tough practices in a row where we've kind of build up to our mountain, which we say that with the most refs, which will be one of those. So we'll see how those three practices go and we'll make the decision what we think helps our team and the individuals for the game.
Speaker 3: You roster rules help with with Khalia, I know you could have I think two.
Speaker 2: Yeah it does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it helps a lot, not just with him, but usually every year there's a number of guys like that.
Speaker 2: Approach to a season is so different than than it used to be.
Speaker 3: Having twenty three guys out sounds really dire. But if this was ten years ago, how many of those guys would be practiced.
Speaker 2: It's a lot more, which usually hurts them longer. So, I mean, I love the way it is.
Speaker 1: You you know, you want to push guys that get in because it's so important to you know, to build that callous and go through all this so there they don't have to do it during the season when you're having to need guys to build that on a Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. That doesn't always help for Sunday, so it is more of a challenge. It's nice that you get to keep ninety to the final cuts, so you don't have to mess around with that, and it helps so much more just being able to keep sixteen guys on practice squad as opposed to the past. But we also don't go two practices in the day, which sometimes helps people. But sometimes when we used to go to practice to day, everyone was so tired and slow.
Speaker 2: It's harder to get hurt because no one can move that fast.
Speaker 1: So it's you've been on both sides, and definitely like the way it is now, I mean smarter the way it is now, but there's some give and take with everything.
Speaker 3: First or is going to be good is the reason he was drafted, but a little better than he expected at this point.
Speaker 2: Is that in line was kind of your assessment. Definitely, I mean we were excited about him right away.
Speaker 1: But you know, when when you lose the two guys in front of them, you know who both started a lot of games last year that you know, a guy gets thrown in there before you want to throw him in there, and sometimes that can make guys better, but sometimes when they get put in a position that they aren't quite ready for, you get overwhelmed and it takes you a while to kind of get that confidence back, and he's been good since his first snaps hasn't seemed too big for him. He's gotten better each day in practice and when you see that, you really want to see how it is in the game and see if anything changes. And he looked the same in the game as practice, so we're excited about that.
Speaker 3: Was potential time for help to come back.
Speaker 1: Where is yet and yeah, he's he's going to see his doctor on Thursday to get his you know, check up, and we'll see where he is after that, and it's going very well. Hopefully we'll get some good news on that and we can get him back in practice sooner than later.
Speaker 3: What do you think about Isa calor CON's performance against Tennessee.
Speaker 1: Uh, it was he got a lot of playing time, so you know, he was he's been our second guy that we've had in that situation, and I think Alfredo had never gotten longer than the last series, and so he started the third order. Jayln Moore got sick before the game so he couldn't play him, so we were down just one more tackle, so he got a huge opportunity. He got a lot of playing time, some good, some bad, but The main thing was he got it on tape, got out there, and I thought he got more settled down as the game went.
Speaker 2: When do you think of his staff.
Speaker 3: He had a big play, he challenged it, and obviously I'm sure he was happy he did.
Speaker 1: I mean, I loved how he played, and you could see how he did it on special teams.
Speaker 2: He had no hesitation.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's a hitter, but sometimes guys getting that first game and they slowed down a little bit, and he was the opposite, and he showed up on special teams. He showed up on a third and two. They got to our middle third player, which usually is at least an explosive, and he met him at three yards, which is huge. The goal line stand was an unbelievable play if we had a missed assignment, so we had no edge player, so he was actually the middle third guy and just filled it real fast in him blink and he knows how to hit, so it's nice.
Speaker 2: The guy went backwards.
Speaker 1: Wilson George Odom had a baby, and then Braiden was just sore from the game. I didn't know if he wasn't out there or not, but we weren' gonna have to do any reps.
Speaker 2: You said that.
Speaker 3: Brandon I gives take a part in the meetings. Is there anything that he's able to do or has done on the field, whether it's just you know, running routes with the quarterbacks or anything of.
Speaker 1: That nature, not with us, you know, I trust Brandon knows what he's got to do for this year to get ready to play. I have a feeling he's finding a way to stay in shape and do those things. But there's a football shape element that I know he's here to get back to and us two, so hopefully you can get to that soon. But Brandon knows what he's got to do to be in shape for the season, and I feel confident he's doing that.
Speaker 4: Adam, I don't know if we've got an update on him.
Speaker 2: I think he's a couple of weeks away. One week away forgot to ask ankle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he rolled his ankle and a walkthrough last week and they said it was gonna be a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Arrange that many guys are heard at this stage, is it surprising to you.
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, I mean I think we've had pretty We've been pretty fortunate the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: You know that never stays, so I don't.
Speaker 1: We've definitely been less fortunate this year, so a lot more numbers than we've been used to. But I think the the best news about it all. I mean, you know, we told you about Ambery and Khalia, which are more serious and longer, but the other guys are you know, they're anyway from ten days to three weeks. You know, the guys that we expect to be ready for the season. It's always tough when you miss training camp. So hopefully you can get him back. But you know, we've had a lot of knicks and stuff that has made it harder to practice, but you'll take that over a serious injury. He's day to day with that, you know, I'm hoping. Oh no, he's not day to day. He's not coming back this week. I forgot to check before I came, but he's not coming this week.
Speaker 2: It just knee.
Speaker 1: Every time I say words guys, guys don't like them. So it's not an a c L. It's not an m c L. It's just knee soreness. Is that good for you? The irritation soreness doesn't feel right, and we're trying to give him time to get it better.
Speaker 3: With him not practicing at Murford not practicing is kind of the onus on how you know those guys, is he is the door wide open for poony to take it if he can see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: Anytime somebody gets starter reps, you know, it's always open. You know, you don't just give it away and stuff, and but it's always an opportunity. And you know, people get opportunities and you see how they take advantage of it. And he's doing a hell of a job so far.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks guys,