Speaker 1: Everybody, but you're all been waiting.
Speaker 2: For You're tapped in the way up with Angela yee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's way up with Angela yee. What's good? Oh man, this is fun. What's the matter? John? Last year? Your headphones aren't working. It looks like it's falling apart. I'm not gonna lie anyway. John Laster's guests hosted with me today, meeting and founder of BLAP.
Speaker 4: Happy to be here. It's always good to be bad man.
Speaker 3: Happy to have you. You posted something the other day that really just I felt like I could really relate to it. Oh you were talking about Uh, you know everybody's been doing that Netflix documentary. Yes, and both you and I have missed everything you posted me preparing for the Netflix doc on New Yorkers who missed the Knicks parade, FIFA and the jay Z concert, all of them. I missed all of those.
Speaker 4: All of them. Yeah, with my colors on trying to make that shirt.
Speaker 3: Everybody try to monetize Nick's witty now you know they nick black shirts.
Speaker 4: I got mixed block.
Speaker 3: But anyway, we'll tell you more about what black is today. But you know what I think is great. Master P is going to be joining us today. And when you want to talk about somebody who is an entrepreneur with a ton of black owned businesses, Master P is the blueprint.
Speaker 5: Of that absolutely and has been for a long time. I mean even with the music. Remember I mean he was a trunk selling music guy.
Speaker 3: Yes he was. Yeah, But let's get the show started with some love and some positivity. Let's shine a light eight hundred two nine two fifty one fifty Call us up. Let us know who you want to shine a light on. It's way up.
Speaker 2: Turn your lights on, y'all, light spreading love to those who are doing greatness, Shine the light on them, Shine a light on them. It's time to shine a.
Speaker 3: Light on all right? His way up with Angela Ye, And I'm here with my friend, comedian and tech founder John Laster all the things, and today I want to shine to light my girl Chella h Now, Chella is from Chicago, and she recently launched her podcast, so who's gonna say it? And she's been wanting to do this for quite some time, and I want to say I'm so proud of her. Her latest episode is with Trina. It's gone viral and here is a little snippet of her talking to Trina about Young Miami and spend that.
Speaker 1: What do you think about all the flak that she's getting right now from her his song.
Speaker 6: Spind A keep winning because once you are winning, people are going to come from out of a crab to tear you down.
Speaker 3: Months ago people were saying give up, so and they had to. I think she had to take some things out that interview, but she had main o one. I mean, I was on there too, super early on. But I'm just proud of her for doing that. Earlier this year she lost her mom, which was really hard for her, and I know, you know, every single day it's difficult. But she's been pushing through and I think this has been great to see her fulfilling something she's been wanting to do. So I'm proud. A lot of times we have ideas, we want to do things and it's just putting it in motion. So shout out to Cella, Shout out to so, who's going to say it?
Speaker 4: That's a great name.
Speaker 3: So who's going to say it?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: She will say it. I'm sorry to who do you want to shine a light on? So my girl in the.
Speaker 7: Car, she been putting sixty hours and taking care of them. So I really love her and I appreciate her too. My boy DP keep been going crazy, would be putting in one hundred dollars a week from LA to New York. It was his birthday yesterday, So I want to sign the light on them. I go follow him on I G A U N T twenty four.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: Also, make sure you spell your girl's name too, so we know who you shining a light on when it comes to her.
Speaker 7: For sure, her name is c A r A.
Speaker 3: Yeah. How long you have been together?
Speaker 7: We've been together eight years?
Speaker 3: Ooh, okay, eight years? All right, we'll shine a light on Cara and DP. Thank you for calling.
Speaker 8: So you have a blessing now you too.
Speaker 3: Now, what's the biggest mistake? You made it work? Because when we come back, we got to your EUT and this whole Lebron James Presser Miami heat situation. This has been man, this is a mistake. You just can't make it work. Certain things there's just no coming back from.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's no coming back from that.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about it when we come back in EUT. It's way up.
Speaker 2: Angela's feeling that, all right, it's way.
Speaker 3: Up at Angela. Ye, it's me and John Laster, all right, John comedian, tech founder of Black Let's get into this eat. So the Miami Heat posted a link there was a scheduled live stream and it was called Lebron James Introductory Introductory Press Conference and then the date said July twenty seventh, and they put that on their YouTube channel. They said that was a mistake because I guess we know where he's going, and you know, they don't know when he's gonna make this announcement. Everybody's getting irritated about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 5: The other thing is that Monday is actually the day after the w NBA All Star Break, so it really was a day that he could have to himself, which is another reason that it looked, you know what I mean, like, oh, they was really.
Speaker 4: Gonna do this.
Speaker 3: Well, someone's got got fired.
Speaker 5: Yes, somebody's driving uber this morning.
Speaker 3: Somebody's like, man, no, that's gonna be a great documentary of that person. Whoever you are, we would love to talk to you, all right. Victoria Monet has announced a new album, Frequency of Love. She put out a new single yesterday at noon. We played a little snippet for you guys. But the album will be coming out October second. Here's that snippet again. I sit down. He was doing too much just now. You know that's a good song, oh girl, Victoria Monett, I was feeling it all right. And don't forget tonight's versus YG versus the Game. And YG's also announced his Gentlemen's Club tour, so he's back outside this fall. He announced that, and that's whur launch is on September tenth and bar so tonight we can watch that Versus live, all right. Malcolm Jamal Warner's widow did an interview on CBS Mornings.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: To be clear, this interview was filmed before that one point two million dollar lawsuit that she filed against Malcolm Jamal Warner's mother because she hasn't been getting, you know, what she needs to raise her daughter. And she also feels that Malcolm Jamar Warner has not He didn't change what was in his will, will in advance because obviously he didn't know. It's not like he was sick or anything like that. And so here is a snippet from that CBS Morning interview.
Speaker 9: You know, right now, everybody like all of his family members and everyone who has lost him. They are grieving. You know what's been the biggest loss for all of us. All of us right now, my daughter and I are just like the emotional capacity that I have can be very limited sometimes and so I have to for myself decide what do I have to give right now in this moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so gil King was very clear. This interview was done before it was announced that she was suing for the estate, and you know, but now it's coming out.
Speaker 4: So when money hits.
Speaker 3: The table like that, I know, I know, but that's that because I'm sure he does want to make sure that his daughter is taking here. Yeah, she thinks that trust should satisfy the alleged debt because she believes that his estate will be inadequate to satisfy the obligations. I don't know, it's just really complicated when something unexpected like that happens in affairs aren't in order. You know, it's unfortunate because no matter what, it looks bad like people well she's suing them. You know, it just turns into too much and it's already an awful time.
Speaker 5: But you know what, though, I always go back to what would that person's intent be right. You know, you know he would want the right thing to happen for his child, So.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, when we come back, we have about last night. We'll discuss what we did last night. I know you've been booked and busy. We'll talk about it. It's way up night.
Speaker 2: So about last night, kids, I went down.
Speaker 3: I know that's right. It's way up at the until a yeh, I'm here with John Lester. What did you do last night?
Speaker 5: I was on stage all night last night. I actually didn't get off until like two thirty.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, look at that. How was everything last night?
Speaker 4: It was amazing down at the Comedy Seller. Yeah, it was amazing. So the shows are.
Speaker 3: Great, Okay, I gotta come down. You go sometimes to go see I haven't I love it. It's amazing to use that card. Yet I don't know because it's not easy to get in there even.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you gotta make reservations now, like probably like three weeks out to get into the main room that I host.
Speaker 4: But you you don't have that problem.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's see, I'm gonna test this thee out.
Speaker 4: You don't have that problem.
Speaker 3: Well, last night. I was actually I was at home. I was making my juices. I'm a little nervous because of the parasite. Oh yeah, that's going around. But I did it anyway, And so I try to use fruits that you have to kind of like peel. So I had a papaya, I have mango, I had lemons. I did all of these. So let's see if my stomach starts bubbling. Yeah, because I think I did have the parasite.
Speaker 5: At one point, you think you have the paris You wouldn't know if you had the parasite.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know, but you would know.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't know if you had the parasite.
Speaker 3: That sound effect. It was way more watery.
Speaker 2: Do we have one?
Speaker 3: No, Okay, you know it was more like.
Speaker 4: The parasite and something that you wonder if you have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I mean I don't know. It could have been something else. Yeah, but anyway, we want to talk about this from earlier, we were discussing this whole Miami heat presser where it looks like something that we weren't supposed to see that was supposed to be saved until the twenty seventh July twenty seventh was posted and someone may have lost their job over this, right whoever was in charge of the digital.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it happened, Nannie.
Speaker 3: But we want to know what was the worst mistake that you ever made at work? Okay, because that's a bad one, that's like a national mistake.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 5: I think the worst mistake that I ever made. I was day drinking and I went and got on stage.
Speaker 3: Oh hold on, we're gonna come back and talk about that. Because you're a comedian and sometimes comedians I've seen comedians get too drunk and sometimes too high, yes to perform. But call us up. Eight hundred nine two fifty one fifty. John Lester's gonna tell his story. I have a similar one. Eight hundred nine two fifty one fifty. We want to know the worst mistake that you ever made at work?
Speaker 2: You want to know my name?
Speaker 4: Way?
Speaker 3: All right as way I put angela Yee. I'm here with John Lester, comedian and founder of Black Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, good to be back.
Speaker 3: And we're talking about the worst mistakes we've ever made at work. This all comes off of the Miami Heat. They posted a link to us a live stream that was scheduled for July twenty seventh Lebron James introductory press conference. It was a mistake and someone made it. Yes, what's the worst mistake you ever made it work? John?
Speaker 4: I think the worst mistake I ever made it work.
Speaker 5: I was a blackout drunk, Yeah, and had a show and went on stage and started crying and thanked the audience, and then I thanked the audience for coming out, told them how much.
Speaker 4: I love them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's nice.
Speaker 5: No, that wasn't nice because I still don't remember. And shortly thereafter, I was hosting a radio show back in the day with Angela Yee and Yeah, and someone had an intervention on the show for me. She invited me on and had an intervention. Comedians was calling up around the country like yo, John, and you're in there. I would say, what is happening? Then she's like, we have another call, hey, John, we all go through this. I was like, what is that?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I was so mad at you for two years. I think I went home and drank over.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry to hear that.
Speaker 4: So it helped. It did help. It did help.
Speaker 3: Interventions, you know, they have to be a surprise.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 3: I have a story when we were on the Breakfast Club. We had an event in Miami and we had to fly in that day. We had a photo shoot, and then we had to go to Live, and then we had to broadcast live in front of an audience. But I was still drunk from Live. I didn't really sleep at all because we had to be there at like five point thirty in the morning. Live doesn't close till around that time, so A showered came back down and I slept the entire broadcast. But I was there.
Speaker 4: But you know what, whoever planned that a robot?
Speaker 3: I mean, come on now, essence, what's the worst mistake you ever made?
Speaker 4: It work?
Speaker 10: I was in the station and I took over seventy five thousand dollars.
Speaker 11: Home with me.
Speaker 10: Then when I I'm drunk, though I took it.
Speaker 8: Home with me, I woke up. The money's all over the bed.
Speaker 10: I necesssed that I was a dance a ship of last night.
Speaker 8: Oh darkness, I got.
Speaker 3: Did you think for a second to not take it back?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, okay, Jill? Were they calling you and everything like where's the money?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 10: It was I closed it and then I I alsosed.
Speaker 8: To close the station.
Speaker 11: TI By the time I was opening.
Speaker 8: I opened it, and when I opened it.
Speaker 3: For everybody there, all right, phel I'm glad you dodged that bullet. Learned a lesson from that one.
Speaker 10: I didn't know what to say.
Speaker 3: I had no excuse, John, can you can you refer her somewhere?
Speaker 4: Or I got some people you can call it?
Speaker 3: That was just drunk as drunk essence, I wasn't there. That's your alter ego. All right, thank you for calling.
Speaker 8: Hey, d are you doing?
Speaker 3: What's happens me and John? Last? Or what is the worst mistake you made at work?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 7: The biggest mistake was going to work that day.
Speaker 4: I was working on a submarine and I just.
Speaker 3: Lost Wait you were working on a submarine like a sandwich?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 7: Like I actually that goes to the water.
Speaker 5: Yeah, anytime you started a story with I was working on a submarine, but you lost your finger.
Speaker 10: So I lost a piece of it.
Speaker 3: Did you get your piece of finger back? Or are you just now walking around without it?
Speaker 7: I think it's a little shorter.
Speaker 8: Turned it together.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, Well, thank you for sharing with us. That's devastating, Hailey. What's the biggest, the worst mistake you ever made at work?
Speaker 11: So I was a bartender at a local bar and I dropped an entire prey of food online table. It landed all.
Speaker 10: Over the customer, all over their table.
Speaker 11: It was so embarrassing.
Speaker 3: How did they react?
Speaker 11: Well, at first they were cool about it. Later in the evening, like when it was time for their sake, they asked for their manager and they complained about me rightfully.
Speaker 4: So, Hayley, where did you start working after that?
Speaker 11: Did you for my dad's welding company?
Speaker 8: Now, okay, well, don't cut your finger off.
Speaker 3: Drop nothing there. I was actually at a restaurant once and somebody ordered a chocolate milkshake and the waiter dropped it all over her. It was chocolate, It got all over her. She was devastrated.
Speaker 11: They had wine, they had mirror, they had all types of It was so embarrassing.
Speaker 3: When I seen that happen. The girl in the back and cried, yeah, it was only her second.
Speaker 11: In the bathroom and cried, sorry, we're past it now.
Speaker 4: We feel bad. But if we were said at that table, she's gotta go.
Speaker 3: Thank you for calling.
Speaker 10: Of course, you'll have a great day, you too, You.
Speaker 3: Too, All right, Well, you guys can still continue to call eight hundred and two ninety two fifty one fifty. We want to hear about your worst mistake at work, and when we come back, we have your e t and would you like to see a jay Z Gangs the Grills mixtape. We'll tell you what the vision could potentially look like. It's way up, all right, It's way up at Angela. Ye, I'm here with John Laster Levana as a comedian, as a tech founder. I love that we're sitting here doing work behind the scenes too. We're putting things together. And speaking of putting things together, recently, Pharrell was talking to DJ Drama and he has an idea of something that he thinks that jay Z should do. Let's see what y'all think.
Speaker 12: The one that I think that should have happened was a jay one. I don't want to hear him on nothing now because that's too easy for him. But I would love him to take the approach that I did, which was errorless. You know what I'm saying. Just go after just great joints, and it don't have to be genre. It could be genre lists too, because you could rhyme over beatles joint.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: Now's the time.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean it feels like jay Z's gearing up to put out new music clearly right with everything that he's been doing. But a Gangster Grills jay Z mixtape where he's rhyming over other beats that are old classic beats of any genre. What do you think?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think like after you hit that level of you know, there's really nowhere else to go. You could do it. But two things. One, they gonna beat you up if you do it. They're gonna they're gonna hand.
Speaker 4: It to you.
Speaker 5: The other thing is, you know, I think he would feel some kind of way if he doesn't. So you know, you in trouble if you do, you in trouble if you don't.
Speaker 3: If he doesn't, what if he doesn't do it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I think if it's almost like like if you if you don't do verses or if you don't do there's gonna be people like, oh you scared to put something else, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So it's like just do it.
Speaker 3: I feel like somebody like jay Z would think he's above doing a versus no no.
Speaker 4: He would never do it versus no no. But I'm saying like putting mone.
Speaker 3: When they put something like that out there, yes, now you're kind of beholding or you can do something like maybe just a freestyle and then that solves everybody's problem over. I don't know a freestyle would beat changes.
Speaker 8: I think the thing that you can.
Speaker 4: Do it, I think the different genres would be dope.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying, go from grama to genre. He could wrap over Bohemian Rhapsody, you know anyway, But yeah, I don't know if that's gonna happen. Now let's move on. Pretty V has her series called The Outlet, and Skill a Baby was on the show and the episode is called my mental health was worse than getting shot. And we've actually seen the video footage of that happening, and I feel like, you know, Skill a Baby, they be trying to test him and he just minds his business, which is crazy. But here's what he had to say.
Speaker 8: People think that I don't go through mental problems.
Speaker 4: My mental health problems, worst.
Speaker 1: Day shot, Sorry for I know his interviewers gonna be a lot that's exited depression.
Speaker 8: I didn't know I was any I'll be crying when it comes to god, I got a time or five times a day to press I'm forcing myself to be more consistent.
Speaker 3: Oh that's so nice. I like that he felt like he could be really just open and honest, vulnerable and vulnerable. Yeah, just talking about things like that because some people don't ever want to show any signs of issues or weakness or anything like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not gonna lie to you though. If I got shot, I'd be depressed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd be depressed for.
Speaker 4: You be a shot might have something to do with your mental health.
Speaker 3: All right, Well that is your ut and when we come back, we have under the radar. These are the stories that are not necessarily in the headlines. They are flying under the radar, but you need to know about them. This one was very interesting. This TikTok post went viral. Imagine, as a woman, you donate your eggs, or even as a man, you donate your sperm, and then the person comes to find you later and wants to have a relationship with you. Is that a violation? Will tell you what happened. It's way up in the news that relates to you. These stories are flying under the radar. Yeah it's well yep, But Angela, Yeah, I'm here with comedian and tech founder John Lester. Let's get into this under the radar.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: This story actually was quite complicated to me to figure out what I think is the right thing here. Right. This went viral now. A woman who is a hair stylist in Georgia shared a text message she got from a teenager who says that she is her biological daughter. Now, she posted pov a child from your donated eggs contacts you. Hey, So I don't mean to be a bother, but I think you may be my biological mom. My mom revealed this info to me and was wondering if you wanted to do a DNA test and possibly get to know me and build a relationship as your daughter. I think I look so much like you. I've always felt empty and disconnected from my mom and didn't know why. First of all, how sad for your mom that raised you to say that, like to feel empty and disconnected?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know what, I think it bounces back. I think that there's an understanding. Like I said, you don't want I was telling you doing the break that I went through this with my college girlfriend who was adopted. She it wasn't a disconnection, but there was a moment where she really wanted to know who her mom was.
Speaker 3: I think a biological.
Speaker 4: Biological mother and she was raised my wife.
Speaker 3: Function she's flying, Oh yes, you knew those wasn't her beasts? Well, the response from the woman is high. I'm going to be very direct. This is a major breach of privacy. EG donation is a confidential, anonymous business transaction. I signed my parental rights away nineteen years ago. I am not your mother, and I do not have this space or desire to build a relationship with a stranger. Here's what she had to say.
Speaker 6: I don't at my age when I was around nineteen twenty years old. I'm like thirty seven. Now. I've received a message from this young lady stating that she would like to build a relationship as my daughter. And I think it's pretty creepy because not only is egg donation supposed to be anonymous, I'm not your mom. I can see if I had this baby and I put her up for adoption, you know, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, I feel bad because at the end of the day, the teenager you know, is here and she's having this feeling of emptiness. She has a mom who raised her, but she wants to get to know someone who also did not want to be found. And now this causes all kinds of complications.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like I said, I was on the other side of this coin. So my college girlfriend, my mother was also adopted. Really yes, so my mother had a time where she was dying to meet her actual mother and it was it's traumatic for the person who wants to reach out to that person, especially if that person.
Speaker 3: Doesn't doesn't want to, doesn't want to, doesn't.
Speaker 5: Want to, doesn't want to connect. I think that I think that what what the mother's response in this situation was a little cold, it was hard. It's not what's right, It's not what you say is how you say it? You know, to be like, oh, it's a business trend. Whoa you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I don't want to leave the she don't want to leave the door open, right, I don't want you coming back.
Speaker 4: But but you could still say, hey, the.
Speaker 3: Kid looked just like her too.
Speaker 4: You can still be like that was a different time in my life. Whatever, whatever.
Speaker 5: I think there'll be a little more understanding because I don't I don't think that people realize how much the person who desires to meet that parent is in shambles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my ex was in she just had a breakdown.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, you know I would love for y'all to weigh in eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty for last word. You can call in when we come back. We do have the Way Up mix at the top of the hour plus Mass the p is gonna be here today. You know, there's a cash money and no limitor happening. You know, we bad about it, so we're gonna talk to him. It's way up out like they Angela Jean, like they Angeli jee.
Speaker 2: Man, she's spilling it all. This is yet way up.
Speaker 3: All right, his way up at Angela. Yeah, I'm here with John Leicester, comedian and tech founder of Black Let's get into this yeat. So you know, this YG versus the game is going down tonight. But this morning he actually had a run with the cops. YG did during a swat response, but ultimately they did let him go. According to TMZ, they're saying the swat team responded around seven am. He was detained. Cops were executing a search warrant for Drachio the Ruler murder investigation, and there's a property that is connected to YG, and YG had beef with him, but has denied any involvement. He was not arrested. He was detained during the search warrant and then he was released. So timing is crazy, you think, No, nobody wants that though, you know, to feel like you're being investigated, and now that's just but the versus is tonight.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, right, all right, Well, Beauty in Black has been renewed for a season four and that is ahead of the season three premiere. In December, they announced the show had been renewed for a third and final season. But now it looks like there's more coming because the second season was quite successful. It was released in two parts, and all of that is a Tyler Perry created directed, written by Tyler Perry. Tyler's cooking, Yes he is. They haven't even put out the date for season three yet, which is crazy because it was supposed to end. But I guess they were like, look, let's get this money.
Speaker 4: Big shout out to my homie Savior.
Speaker 3: Which character is he on there?
Speaker 4: That's a good question.
Speaker 3: I forgot, you know what, Beauty and Black?
Speaker 4: You know what I did? Start watching it?
Speaker 5: No, No, no, I started watching it, but I haven't.
Speaker 3: I'm all caught up on Are you all caught up? Yes?
Speaker 4: I gotta get caught up.
Speaker 3: All right now. Stevie Wonder has announced a new album. It would be his first album in twenty two years. Now. You know he has a good sense of humor because people think he can see you know what. The name of the album is no through the Eyes of Wonder, John stop.
Speaker 4: I didn't name the album, but I didn't name the album.
Speaker 3: That's the name of it, you know what.
Speaker 5: And Stevie's untouchable, so I would lead out alone. But come on, that's he knew what he was doing with that.
Speaker 3: He's got twenty five Grammy Awards and still lit, still poppin. Okay, listen, I love what's your favorite Stevie Wonder song? Oh that's so my mom. When I tell you, my mom is like the biggest Stevie Wonder fan. I would take her to go see Stevie Wonder through the eyes of one yo.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 5: Else, though I've heard from a lot of people. You can see, yes, who's seen him in concert? Though you know years ago that like yo, this guy like puts on a great show and still still has vocals.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I just think it's quite funny that that's what he would name.
Speaker 4: His album Through the Eyes of Wonder all right.
Speaker 3: Now, Shaboozi is getting ready for a new album too, and he's recruited Gunna, Tianna Taylor and Sam Elliott is called outlaw Sherry Lee, so get ready for that. I like Shaboozie. Okay, Lane's on this album too, Lee on Bridges. Okay, Oh Jamie, huh oh wait, you said what I said that already. I thought you were trying to say, this is Gunna's album, and I said, Gunna, Tianna Taylor and Sam Elliott. Thank you though, Dan, You're so excited for Gunna one more time. Gunna is on the album. Okay you happy? All right? Well that is your yet. When we come back, John, you know, we always gotta do this. Every time you come here, we do. We got to talk about blap a little bit and see where we're at with it, because I know every time I talk to you, there's more happening.
Speaker 4: There's a lot more happening.
Speaker 3: You got the Knicks colors on the black shirt. Now you know what I'm saying. It's championship season.
Speaker 1: It's way up and no beg we about to do this one of Lemos to train its women in radio audio.
Speaker 2: Min we're talking about Angela. Ye, you're way up with Angela Yee. Please believe that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's way up. But Angela y is me and John Laster. Yeah, all morning long, I've been saying, John Laster, comedian and tech founder of Black and so every time I talk to you now listen, it always used to be about the comedy, but now it's also about the tech. Yes, you know, we know every single week you host that comedy seller. Yeah, and that is one of the hottest tickets.
Speaker 4: It's the hottest ticket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to get into when it comes to the comedy world. But talk to us about black and where we're at with that now, because I remember when you first started this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what, you were probably the first person I came and talked to you and Jasmine Jasmine Brand. Yes, yeah, you and Jasmine. But we started off, you know, as a map. They would figure out whether you were standing in the world, put black owned businesses around you on a Google map. And then we found out that our audience really wanted to start purchasing so now we're building out an e commerce so that people can start shopping online, you know, like a black Amazon.
Speaker 3: And you have like half a million subscribers.
Speaker 5: We're coming up all we're coming up on half a million downloads now, yeah.
Speaker 3: That's huge.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Every time I talk to you, it's always more attraction and more things going on.
Speaker 4: I know when I first talked to you, it was a prototype.
Speaker 3: I remember we had to download some other things. Yeah, was going to be like the logo hasn't changed though.
Speaker 4: Really, no, no, no, no, people love the logo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's beautiful.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And you have merch also, so people can get merch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they can get merch. You know what the craziest piece of merch recently spent a black on black black team.
Speaker 3: So it's just black T shirt.
Speaker 4: I know you from a distance, and then you get up on it, it's like black.
Speaker 3: Like if you get too close you see a little black did you get up on it? Like black?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: I want to talk to you also, John, with so many people putting out their specials, I just want to advocate, like what's going on with that?
Speaker 4: I need to get a special out there.
Speaker 3: I mean, this is ridiculous at this point, it's sad.
Speaker 4: Let's be honest, it's sad.
Speaker 3: Who want to put out a John Left I mean that would be amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah we should do it, produced by you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, I think it's time because John I'm gonna be rare with y'all from back in the day, always been one of the funniest comedians, you know, as a host. But also I used to really be outside, like just going to comedy clubs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean you had your own show for a while.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I did. I did have a comedy night. I always forget Boston Comedy Club.
Speaker 4: Sure did.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Dean Edwards, Marthia Ball and Toddling.
Speaker 5: Yeah, rest in peace and yeah yeah yeah yeah. So hopefully, yeah, hopefully I get a special out there. I keep saying that, but I really have to do something. I really got it.
Speaker 3: I feel like you could get that funded yourself pretty easily.
Speaker 5: And then, yeah, I raised so much money for the app. I don't know if I have time to raise money for anything else.
Speaker 3: Like we already gave you money, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I have shook down all of my friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, one day I would love to talk to you about the process of what it's like raising money, because that's not an easy process.
Speaker 4: And I just tell you it is a nightmare dot com.
Speaker 3: I hate it.
Speaker 4: And as a black founder, it's it's even worse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one day we're gonna have. Next time you come, we're going to have that conversation.
Speaker 5: Oh we really need to big big shout out to Chris Rock our our latest.
Speaker 3: Uh, Chris Rock is invested, Chris.
Speaker 4: Rock is a partner. Now, I love you, brother, thank you.
Speaker 3: For like that was a nice check? Y, I said, I love you brother.
Speaker 8: That's did you help?
Speaker 2: Was insane?
Speaker 8: You love your Chris Well.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we have asked ye. Eight hundred ninety two fifty one fifty is the number. John Last is here. Any question you have, all you business people call us up. Eight hundred two ninety two fifty one fifty right now, let's have a motion party.
Speaker 5: This way up with it's relationship with Koreer Advice, Angela's Dropping Facts.
Speaker 2: This is SD brought to you.
Speaker 1: By top Dog Low.
Speaker 3: What's up his way up at Angela?
Speaker 2: Yee.
Speaker 3: John Laster is here with me today and we have asked ye on the line. Samia is starting her own business. But does she want to sell her food just straight out the kitchen or do you need to go about it a different way?
Speaker 10: Ah Am trying to do my little business.
Speaker 7: I got this little bacon thing that I'm trying to get into. But everybody keep telling me like, oh I need.
Speaker 10: This, I need that, like in a license type thing. But I just want to kind of like pull up back the clip out and just say, oh what I got to sell? But you want to make money?
Speaker 3: But you want to make money from it?
Speaker 2: Yes, ma'am.
Speaker 3: Okay. John John is our black expert here. He has an app that highlights all black owned businesses. Go ahead, John, Yeah.
Speaker 5: If you want to expand past the cookout, I'd be cautious because if somebody say that you sew them something you know, and they get sick or they.
Speaker 3: Get whatever, then parasite I'm saying, and people, you know whatever is bothering them.
Speaker 5: It may not have been your food, it could have been something else, but they can come after you for it.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 3: There's guidelines online to see what it costs to get the permit. It's not really that expensive, but you should at least check into that. And I could see like cooking for your friends and people who you know and saying, okay, it costs X amount of dollars if you want me to make a pan of this or whatever your specialty is, and starting off that way. But I think if this is something you want to do seriously, that you want to make sure that you protect yourself all side.
Speaker 5: Got to protect yourself because I'll give you an example. My app doesn't house anything. So we just did a deal that they kind of wrapped up this week between me and a really really big company. We don't have the T shirts, we don't have anything. I still have to have insurance just in case somebody puts on the T shirt and they get a rash or something. Keep in mind, I'm not the company that makes the T shirts, nor am I the company where the T shirt ends up. I'm the middleman and I still have to be insured.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Guys, well good luck. And I think it is great to be prepared because if things start to go quickly, your business starts to blow up, you want to be in order. Yeah, you want to make sure you have everything in order. I'm always a thing. Even if you start something off as a hobby, just make sure you have that groundwork, right, because you know, anything could happen and you want to make sure if you, you know, maybe want to end up being a vendor somewhere or something, just know what it is that you may Yeah, and you're so you'll definitely need something for that.
Speaker 5: And if you start making a ton of money, believe somebody's gonna try you pople love suit.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, even like getting your food handler's license. You could do that online, but that's just valuable information to know too.
Speaker 5: And when you get in the room with people who can actually cut you a check, they're going to ask them questions. That's why I ended up having to get a shance because the people that I was doing to deal with was like, hey do you have And you know, later on that night I got it. And by the time I responded them to the next day, I was like, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep, Well good good luck sama, thank you so much, thank you so much. All right, I might have to see if we sued Donau Rowlings for cooking.
Speaker 8: It get some money, that's right, feel sick?
Speaker 3: All right? Well that was ask you, and that's brought to you by top Dog Law. Because listen, girl, somebody might call Top Dog Lawn sue you, but you can call them for any accident, big or small. Go to top Dog law dot com. And when we come back, master P is going to be joining us. That cash Money and No Limit toy is about to go down. It's kicking off in September. But he's got a lot of other things happening too, and we're going to get some spoilers from him. It's way up.
Speaker 2: Turn me up here, we go up there. This is way up with Angela ye.
Speaker 3: What's up is way up with Angela yee. And what a pleasure my guy, master P is here. You just gave me the biggest compliment when you came in the room. Yes, without even knowing it, he said it's okay, everybody doesn't have to come in And I said, man, master P, trust me now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you've grown up now. So before I was like, you're grown in sexy.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying because I know, I know, I know you you're grown in sixty's.
Speaker 8: That's what he thinks.
Speaker 3: We're not going to just talk about business because he knows that's.
Speaker 8: What she said when I first we're going to talk about business.
Speaker 3: We're here for business because you do have the tour about to happen. The no limits, yes, cash money tour, Yes, its cash money and no limitary is how you decide, like which name goes first?
Speaker 8: You know what, I don't care. It don't matter because I never had the ego.
Speaker 1: It's not about that. This is about being able to do something for the culture. And this is something that people didn't think was gonna happen, right.
Speaker 3: I didn't think so that versus was a big deal, a complex kind.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now another thing that you're doing on this cash Money and No limitor is you do have Are you giving away a thousand dollars? I should have won my camera plus today.
Speaker 1: Guess what if you come with the best camera, I'm showing you on the big street and I'm giving you a thousand dollars saying showy Hill, go ahead on and do your space because I call this one more time for the streets. We don't know how many times we're gonna see these people all on the stage at one time, because people are getting older. My thing is, let's give these soldiers their flowers while they're here. It's gonna be a celebration I don't see this as a concert. I see this as a celebration.
Speaker 3: Right now talking to Master p. They got the cash money, no limitour on the way, Plus he's got his bio pic. Only God can judge me on the way.
Speaker 1: Well, guess what the good thing about the bio picks? Right, So Snoop coming and my character is in his bio piic Okay.
Speaker 3: I knew it had to be because they didn't release like what exactly was going to be in the period of time. Okay, so you are in it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and then mine's coming after that.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's a plan plan.
Speaker 8: You got to have a plan. Think about it.
Speaker 1: I keep telling people, don't do nothing without a plan. You have to be prepared. And so with my bio pick, it's gonna be the first faith based streak bio pick.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 8: I like it so because you know.
Speaker 1: I was out the boy as a kid, and I feel like without God, I wouldn't be where I'm at right now, even when I was on the streets. But I lost myself among the journeys, had to find myself. And look how God blessed me when I found myself, and look where I'm met still today today able to do. So my bio pick is gonna be called only God can judgment.
Speaker 3: Now it is hersty going to be playing you in this movie.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 8: I can't tell you that.
Speaker 3: What he's been talking about it he's just he said he got his.
Speaker 8: Coach all less good. But he's been talking about you got to wait till the movie come up.
Speaker 3: Now we're gonna know before the movie comes out. Now, come on, come on.
Speaker 8: Now, you gotta wait, you gotta wait, all right?
Speaker 3: Master P is here. You know him as an independent thinker, always an entrepreneur and artists of basketball aficionado, former NBA player and guess what we have more with him when we come back. It's way out here.
Speaker 2: We're talking about you're way up with Angela ye. Please believe that.
Speaker 3: What's up? His way up with Angela yee and one of the biggest entrepreneurs. He's been doing it for such a long time. From selling CDs out the trunk of his car. We got Masterp here with us. Are you retiring after this or from music?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Because when the movie come out, you're gonna have to do another run. How are you gonna screen this movie in different cities and promote it? Without hitting that stage being snoop.
Speaker 1: Just you know the power of technology at home and just you know, y'all, have.
Speaker 3: You been playing around with AI and music and any of that. I feel like I could see you at least experimenting to see what that's like because you still everything.
Speaker 1: I'm not afraid of it because we can't stop it. Like AI is here to stay. We have to be the people behind it to be able because the computer is gonna need somebody to work it. We have to have an open mind because the world is changing. My lawyer, shit me something with AI took two hundred and something of my songs and they's training people.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's what they do to me, And I'm like, how do you do that?
Speaker 1: What we could do about it? You know, at the end of the day, then you have to sue these comings. You're gonna be in a class action suit and that's gonna take years. So what are you gonna do during that time? Do this the right way? Pay me for what you're doing and what you're training people for. But then I also got to be able to use this because this is gonna be a part of the technology of making music moving forward.
Speaker 3: All Right, we got masked pigam my way up. And you also have to figure out what can you do to protect your own likeness too, And I think that's a conversation that's ongoing that's gonna have to be had because I'm sure I don't know if you.
Speaker 8: Gangs change, right, you gotta change with the.
Speaker 3: Time and figure out how to monetize it.
Speaker 8: I want to know what do you do for competence and energy?
Speaker 3: What do you do for competence?
Speaker 8: Where do you do things? Change?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Do you need competence and energy? Sometimes?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: What you do for it?
Speaker 3: I feel like this is something to do with the energy drink or I got something I know.
Speaker 8: I got something for you. I got something for you. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: A honey pack.
Speaker 8: This better than honey tack just a gummy. So that's for females right there? This is this is no limit six nine?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, no limit six nine.
Speaker 8: And guess what why?
Speaker 3: I know? I knew this.
Speaker 1: When you you know, when you enhancement got to be eighteen?
Speaker 4: O you?
Speaker 8: Eighteen?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: I am okay, well you I wanted to make sure because I didn't want to get this to say.
Speaker 3: Eighteen and over all, right, just taking one gummy yes, no limits.
Speaker 1: So all the confidence and energy sold your love, real soldier love.
Speaker 3: Who have you experimented with this already?
Speaker 8: No one stand on my business because.
Speaker 1: That's the female one that's for you.
Speaker 8: I'm saying, we got one for the meals too.
Speaker 3: Okay, but I'm saying have you. I'm just saying with the women and like, try this and then come on. Now we're selling the product here. I know.
Speaker 1: I have people that experienced this and they told me this was incredible. This is the best of the beit no limit six nine dot com. I told you product I waste.
Speaker 8: Tell them.
Speaker 3: I feel like this should have been called Master.
Speaker 1: Oh we got kids watching that. We got via them us. We got all kinds of stuff. This is about health, wealth and sexual wellness.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 3: I can't believe that you're uncomfortable talking about things like this. I hope we see some of this in the movie too, in the biopeck.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're gonna you're gonna see it in.
Speaker 3: Because I want to see some love stories too.
Speaker 8: It's there. It's gonna be in there. Go watch the movie. The movie coming.
Speaker 10: Y'all all right.
Speaker 3: Normally when we come back, we would have the last word you would have the last word, but how could we not give the last word to Master P. When we come back, we got more with entrepreneur and artists, the cash money, no limitor, and the Masterpee biopic is on the way. It's way up, ye, it is what you all being waiting for.
Speaker 2: You tapped the way up with Angela ye.
Speaker 3: What's up? As way up with Angela yee. Usually this would be where you do the last word, but right now we got massive P in the building. You know, you also were the president of basketball operations at University of New Orleans. You did that for free?
Speaker 8: Yes, because I love New Orleans.
Speaker 1: I love our culture, and I knew what was about to happen that LSU was about to take over and the next year and it's like we're gonna lose this, Like it's no more University of New Orleans, it's LSU New Orleans. So I love LSU for Baton Ruins, but not for New Orleans. We need our own identity and I wanted to fight for that, but it was like it was too late. Nobody really cares about the students. I care about the students. Yeah, they can't say I did it for money. I ain't made no money. I put money into this. So that was a good thing about that that I loved those students and I wanted to make sure that those students could go on in life and be successful.
Speaker 8: And that's what I did.
Speaker 1: They're going on, they're making four five hundred thousand at different schools.
Speaker 3: Now and yeah, right now, that has really leveled out the playing field.
Speaker 8: Yes, but you know, I mean, I got a lot of experience out of it.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say that was a great yes, kind of a it's not an internship at all, president, but I'm saying setting it up for a proof of concept for the next thing.
Speaker 1: I got, like NBA teams now looking at me, Me and me and Fat Joe was talking. Pat Joe was like, man, I could go run an NBA team. I should have did it with the Knicks years ago. But now they're big. They'll never know they they wouldn't do it now they won the championship. But in fact, we was laughing about it, how like if he'd have did that years ago, they would have did it. Maybe I could tell Fat y'all got an idea, let's go run the Brooklyn Nets.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You got to find a program that's not where it need to be at and then you could put it. It's almost like how Dionne Sanders did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, we got massive pig my way up. I know there's a lot of seculation about where Lebron might land, but where do you want him to go?
Speaker 1: Man, Lebron, just come on down to New Orleans with me. I'm gonna go be the coach, and you could just be the man of the team. They're gonna give both of us the job. If you say you won't go to New.
Speaker 8: Orleans, you getting that now.
Speaker 3: I haven't heard New Orleans in the running.
Speaker 1: As far as don't go about New Orleans.
Speaker 10: I heard New Orleans.
Speaker 8: I heard New Orleans, y'all for real. I don't know what you're talking about, y'all. I heard of New Orleans. Lebron gone to New Orleans.
Speaker 1: I'm just letting y'all know, since that's what y'all want to do every time y'all want to do something on the internet and talk crazy. Oh it's okay, Yeah, So y'all won't believe all this other stuff. Believe Lebron going to North my dog going to New Orleans were about to take over. That's the only thing I'm gonna tell y'all. And guess what, We're not getting rid of our big man either. I'm just letting y'all know.
Speaker 3: Let me eat this gunny. Y'all don't do that.
Speaker 1: Right, don't do it. I'm going.
Speaker 8: It was nice meeting you don't don't handle your business. I'm going all right.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, Semester P for joining us. You can watch that full interview on my YouTube channel Way Up with ye Thank get A, John Laston for co hosting today. Make sure y'all download that black app and I see y'all tomorrow. I'll have a great rest of your day.
Speaker 2: Be safe going out with Angela. Yee.