Speaker 1: Yeah, I hit it. We're back, we back, we back, we back. Man.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you I got home last night. I walked in the door at eight fifteen pm. Eight fifteen pm. Man, it was a long day of travel.
Speaker 1: You traveled home on the final day of vacation. Yeah, you're a psychopath.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: I started preparing for work on Friday and I didn't even leave town. Yeah.
Speaker 2: We flew out of Edinburgh, Scotland yesterday morning.
Speaker 1: Oh well mate, when's your next flight to America.
Speaker 2: Well, here's what's crazy. It's six hour time difference. Okay, so I don't know if I should talk in that time or I should talk in Central time zone back in America.
Speaker 1: God time. Okay.
Speaker 2: We are up at five forty five yesterday morning, which is midnight Nashville time.
Speaker 1: Brutal. And we go to the airport in Edinburgh.
Speaker 2: We get on our little hour, hour and fifteen flight back to London and you go to Heathrow Airport. My goodness, that airport is big. There are a lot of people. Sure, we got a six hour layover. What is this logaradia? Six hours sitting in an airport.
Speaker 1: There's things to do, books, podcasts, I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Luckily the ticket agent of the British Airways. We asked her, you know, hey, we're any upgrades, sure, is there anything to do that, like we can like kill some time? And she was like, well, there's some nice chairs outside of gate thirteen and fourteen that face the outside and you can recline kind of and watch the airplanes take off.
Speaker 1: That was her pitch.
Speaker 2: I was like, all right, so we go and dude, these are like little lounger chairs where you can stick your legs all the way out so that way you're not sing in a normal chair for six hours. And they were fantastic.
Speaker 1: Nobody else at the airport asked about those.
Speaker 2: There were people there when I got there. I got one here, and then I got like four people down another one and I put my sweatshirt on it. And people respect the sweatshirt because when I showed up, there was ones with sweatshirts on them, and I'm like, oh, I guess I'm not allowed to sit there. That means they went into the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Right, you can't just defecate on yourself, and.
Speaker 2: You can't just leave your luggage because then it's abandoned luggage. And they said it over and over again. Please do not leave your luggage unattended. If you do, we will take it and destroy it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Great, thanks, I've been to an airport before.
Speaker 2: No. No, they didn't say they would hold it for you. They said destroy it. Like, if you leave your luggage unattended, we will take it and destroy it.
Speaker 1: Right. They have a thing called TSA. Have you ever heard of it before?
Speaker 2: And so we're there for six hours, dude, and then four o'clock Are.
Speaker 1: We ever going to leave the airport?
Speaker 2: Four o'clock London time, which is ten am our time. We get on that plane and we hit the friendly skies and we arrived back in Nashville at seven pm Nashville time, which is one am that time.
Speaker 1: All right, so that was your trip? Awesome? Onto mine? Yeah, why did you start with the tail end of the trip. Well, you know, you asked me when I got back. I've never heard somebody tell a story with the ending first.
Speaker 2: You literally said, when did you get No, I said, this man, we're back, we're back. And I said when You said when did you get back? And I said last night We walked in the door like eight seventeen pm.
Speaker 1: We got to start the show man and you said on the last day of vacation. I said, yeah, and so I just wanted to tell you about when I got back starting the podcast, like the end of it. Well, okay, I gotta be real. When you said we took the flight and it went from heat Throw to Edinburgh to Nashville, I thought, well, that's in reverse direction. You told me the return flight. I did.
Speaker 2: I told you the return flight because we ended our trip in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Speaker 1: You've been all over the world, man, I left. Uh what is this Williamson County.
Speaker 2: It's amazing how cheap you can get to London for four hundred dollars. I mean, that is unbelievable to me modern transportation. You go to Vegas, it's eight hundred dollars a person.
Speaker 1: You can go get on the city bus for free and get accosted. That's a great point. Yeah, I didn't think about that. But yeah, we better start the show. Man.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to hear about staycation. Uh, you're gonna hear about the you know, life over on the other side of the pond.
Speaker 1: Mine's a low light. We're gonna stick to your high I.
Speaker 2: Don't know if mine was really that highlight. There wasn't it was crazy.
Speaker 1: Right, But truck drivers have never been to London. School teachers have been to Paris, Texas. Construction workers have never been to heath Row. They've been to death Row. Great, great, great, freaking point.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm gonna tell you what. And then I mean, here's what's crazy. I watched zero TV zero.
Speaker 1: There's nothing on right now. Stop acting, but I'm just saying the minority. No, nobody is watching TV right now. When I left, the Cubs were two games out of first. I came back, They're nine and a half games back. What the hell? Turns out the Brewers won every game while I was gone. The Brewers didn't learn lose in all of July. Unbelievable. What I tell you. A couple of weeks ago, I said, Brewers Worlds, there's champs. You didn't believe me.
Speaker 2: I didn't know they were gonna go and on every day winning. Oh my god. But yeah, let's start the show.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do it live. We oh the one, two, three?
Speaker 3: So loser?
Speaker 1: What up? Everybody?
Speaker 2: I am lunchbox. I know the most about sports, so I'll give you the sports facts, my sports opinions. Because I'm pretty much a sports genius, y'all.
Speaker 1: It's sis and I'm from the north. I'm an alpha male. I live on the north side of Nashville with Bayser, my wife, two point two acres, two point two kids at Vanderbilt. Will die of a heart attack when I'm seventy two, coach without further ado over to you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, man, let me tell you. We left that Friday, the last day of work. Our flight was out at four pm Nashville time, which is great. The only problem is that is ten pm England time. So I landed at six am. So if I went to sleep right when I got on the plane, I got eight hours of sleep now. And so you gotta get your sleep when you can get it. Get a couple hours here, a couple hours there on the plane, All right, get off the plane at six am. Got to hit the ground running. Who'd you go with my wife? Because you hadn't brought her up yet. Where were the kids at our house?
Speaker 1: My house? Our house, our house.
Speaker 2: They stayed in the friendly confines of their own house. No, they had a supervision. They had the in laws come and take care of them, Ray the help. No, the in laws and they they everything you read online is if you're going overseas, you just got to hit the ground running. You can't go take a nap. It screws your body clock. You just got to power through. So we powered through, man, we powered through. We got we landed at six am. By the time you get through customs or whatever we had to do, get a little ride and get to the hotel, it was already eight o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 1: And what's date?
Speaker 2: London, London, England, Greenwich, London, England. And as we're riding in the uber into the city, like, this city's ugly. There's nothing really cool about it.
Speaker 1: Give me an American city.
Speaker 2: It looks like Chicago, Detroit, No, No, just like the Chicago highways.
Speaker 1: Like there's Memphis.
Speaker 2: No, not bad as Memphis, but there's just not It wasn't cool from the airport. And then finally once we got into I guess this is downtown. I'm not really sure. I didn't realize how big London was.
Speaker 1: How far to downtown homie, ohy grasses.
Speaker 2: And maybe we should have taken the tube straight from the airport to the whatever down the tube the subway system you call it the loop. No, they call it the tube. The tube, I'm anything called the tube, that's what they call it over there. It was fine, but we didn't take it from the airport and we're just running riding.
Speaker 1: I'm like okay.
Speaker 2: And then finally once we got started closer to downtown s all right, this is kind of cool. This looks nice. Oh, there's a nice park over there. There's some greenery.
Speaker 1: That's cool. How are the spirits? Like? Are you good? Your wife is, Oh, we're in great moods. Everybody's good or it was already been some fight.
Speaker 2: No, no fights whatsoever, because I mean all we did was sit on a plane.
Speaker 1: Wow ooh, the perfect American couple does exist.
Speaker 2: I got a question, how do you fight when you're just sitting on a plane, Like we literally had to do nothing.
Speaker 1: We'll find ways.
Speaker 2: I mean, usually it's a fight of like, oh, we got to get to the airport at this time. Hurry up, we gotta hurry. We gotta hurry, We got hurry, we gotta do this. We were at the airport plenty of time. It was no problem. There was no rushing, there was no stress. It was very easy. We had packed in advance. We did a good job of everything. So we get off and we just walk around London. We go to breakfast at this spot and I get the full English breakfast, which is like and they don't cook their bacon over there. They give you bacon and it is like they set it on there for half a second.
Speaker 1: And took it off cross.
Speaker 2: I didn't eat it. And they give you tomatoes. Didn't eat those. But then I ate the brown like stuff that looks like sausage, but it's like pudding. But that was really good. The sausage was good. The beans tastes a little different than the beans I have here, but it was fine.
Speaker 1: It was good.
Speaker 2: Then we just walked around London, dude. We walked over here.
Speaker 1: To the Walkable Nashville for the Sore Losers Convention.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is, walked through some park and over to the palace where the I guess they used to live the Queen.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: There were so many damn people at the palace, Hello miss Elizabeth, oh Queen, And they're all just hanging out at the palace, sitting out there, and the tourists, tourists, there's nothing going on.
Speaker 1: Idiots, y'all are just hanging around a palace.
Speaker 2: Now, we took a couple pictures, looked at it like, oh wow.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you were homeless in London. Yeah, the Queen views you the way that we view the people here on Broadway. Yeah, holy crap, dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's people just sitting there on the sidewalk in front of beckroach.
Speaker 1: I was a cockroach. I really was.
Speaker 2: Then we walked around some more and we went looked at this and looked at that.
Speaker 1: Are they speaking our language?
Speaker 2: They speak English? Well, there's actually there's people.
Speaker 1: From all over the world there, so you're hearing a lot. You're hearing a lot of language. Melting pot if you will.
Speaker 2: It was a melting pot, per se. And we walked over to Hello, I'm American.
Speaker 1: They can tell.
Speaker 2: Now there's something. There's a famous church by your hoodie and you're cross and here's the thing. I was walking around shorts and a T shirt.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: It was beautiful weather, seventy five degrees.
Speaker 1: That's nice.
Speaker 2: It was very nice, very nice. They don't have ac really, but it was nice. It was the weather was beautiful. We walk over to some church that is supposed.
Speaker 1: To be a real famous church, very old.
Speaker 2: It was really cool looking and we try to go in hours sold out for today.
Speaker 1: But it sounds like a lot of just seeing things. You're not touching anything with your hands. Yeah, that was need something to be tangible.
Speaker 2: That was my problem with London, man. It was just a lot of looking at things.
Speaker 1: So it was all for your eyes. You took a vacation for your eyes. Yeah, I mean, is my mic gone? Yeah it is yo, Okay, I heard it all right. I just want to make sure the last Yeah.
Speaker 2: And so we couldn't go inside the church, but we could have gone the next day for service. They were still like that was the one cool thing is like the old churches, they still used them for church service.
Speaker 1: And I told my wife.
Speaker 2: I was like, well, what if we just show up in the morning and we go in and we look around and we leave, like walk in like at the beginning before the service starts, like we're gonna sit down, you fake them out and then we bail. That way we don't have to pay for the tour. And she was like, well, that's a long way to walk just to you know, do that. I'm like, all right, well we can, she goes, I'll think about it. But of course we didn't do it. We slept in the next day. We didn't get up and go like we were supposed to.
Speaker 1: Did you think about it?
Speaker 2: Then we went to where the Parliament was where Big Ben was, walked across some bridge, looked at the little river. That was really cool. Then we took an.
Speaker 1: Uber boat uber down the river. Away said is it a luber or whatever you call it? No, that was the tube. The tube. Yeah, did you guys ever take the tube? Yes? I hate taking the duke. No, it was great. The tube was cool.
Speaker 2: And then we went and we went to some like castle. I guess it was a castle. It was a castle, and that was pretty cool, like walking around inside of a castle. An anytime you walk inside of a castle, it's pretty neat that they built something that's sophisticated that long ago, and they did such a good job.
Speaker 1: Do you mind me asking how the pyramids are built?
Speaker 2: We went in and saw the Crown jewels at this castle, which.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, dude, truck drivers just got a bagg of chips at a gas station. They don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Well, like the Crown jewels are like all the jewelry that they like on their helmets or not helmets but hats, and they still use them and take them out of these glasses whenever there's a coronation. I guess I don't know. I don't really understand what the royal family's all about. And I didn't really think it was that impressive that they had all these jewels on these hats, because they own the country, so they can put as many jewels as they want on the hats.
Speaker 1: And they got like on display a pair of Prince Williams whitey tidies who cares like his grundies are freaking enclosed in the castle.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you who cares. Everybody that visited londoning because everybody in their mom was there.
Speaker 1: It was so crowded. I would have fallen asleep so.
Speaker 2: Crowded, and I was like, wow, this is really cool.
Speaker 1: Were you the only guy?
Speaker 2: No, No, there's a lot of guys.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: No, No, there's dudes, dudes, women, kids, children. I don't understand how children would have fun. No, we kept saying that, like, man, our kids would not be having fun right now, like they would be.
Speaker 1: This is miserable.
Speaker 2: And so you walk around they have them all in glass and like, all right, cool, cool, cool, yay, cool, done with that. Then we're gonna go get some dinner. And we go to this Indian place called Dashume Covent Garden and the line was down the block. There's no way we're ever going to get a table. So I go to the front use my American.
Speaker 1: Charm from the Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 2: I'm like, hey, man, okay, we just go sit at the bar, like, that's the line over there.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm like, even if we want to just sit at the bar, like, yep, any table in the any seat in the house gotta wait in.
Speaker 1: That line right there.
Speaker 2: I was like, uh, that line goes down the block.
Speaker 1: How long is that usually take?
Speaker 2: And he goes, oh, man, no more than thirty minutes. I'm like, okay, no more than thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: You slip them a one dollar bill or what.
Speaker 2: I didn't have any cash, man, you'd take euro And so I go getting that line. I tell my wife, oh, it's only a thirty minute wait, and then like locals start walking by and be like, yeah, guys, waiting line for this restaurant, It's totally worth it, man, mate, lad oh yeah, dish oh. I totally understand why you guys are waiting for this restaurant making fun of you, making fun.
Speaker 1: Of us, like we when we see the pancake pantry people at the second location in the gulch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they were, they were, they were rasing us.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: I was like, I told my wife was like, we gotta get down line. This is embarrass She goes, no, it's supposed to be so good, and I'm like, no, no, no, like these people are making fun of us, lovely, like one person wasts my mind's like that's the line for Dashume.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, and I'm like, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, this is this is terrible. This is terrible.
Speaker 2: But we sat in line and it only took thirty two minutes. Like the guy said, I didn't realize how big the restaurant was inside it was huge.
Speaker 1: Keep it moving and ray that food was phenomenal. Okay, then let's go to the little place down the street here. Now that you're addicted to Indian.
Speaker 2: Food, I'm just telling you, Dashume, Covenant Garden was phenomenal. If you ever find yourself in London, that's the spot.
Speaker 1: I can tell you, honestly, I will never go to Dshume Indian in London because you don't like Indian because I'm never going to London.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, Uh So we get done with that and then we go to the pub for a pint.
Speaker 1: Wow, could you get a pub drink? At Dashume? You can get a drink, but I don't know are people drinking it? Yeah, people are drinking or dinner. People are doing whatever they want to do a dinner. But the food was phenomenal. Is it a college town, young family tourists? It's just a freaking melting pot. It's a melting pot of tourists on itself.
Speaker 2: It's a tourist puked all over this place, hit out of there.
Speaker 1: I mean there were so many tourists. It's like Vegas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was a lot like that. And then we go to a pub get a pint and the pub's kind of hopp it. But I don't know if there's the locals or all tourists or what. But we're there, we have a pint.
Speaker 1: Well, and I have a big question. Was the pint cold? Because I heard they served the beer room temperature. Sometimes you don't remember food.
Speaker 2: Well, the pint glass was warm? No, no, you know, like, hear how they give you a cold glass to put the beer in.
Speaker 1: No, the glass was just normal room to We need to take that over there. They don't know about frosty mugs.
Speaker 2: And so then it's already like nine thirty, dude, and we've been up for I don't know how many hours because we landed at six am. We lost six hours of the day from over there. We didn't sleep, and so nine thirty time to go to bed.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you either are walking zombies at this point with zombies, dude.
Speaker 2: We and we forced ourselves to have the pint because we're in London, so you gotta go to a pub, gotta do it.
Speaker 1: You don't even finish it, you push it back over to the bartender. He's like, I've never had somebody not finish And we're like, oh man, are you having so much money? Yeah? This is so much fun. This pine is so fun. Dude. Hey, Mexican place local. He gave me a forty eight ounce beer. What am I gonna do with that? I drank twelve of the ounces and pushed thirty six ounces back to the guy looked at me CROSSI. I guess nobody's ever turned in a double pint from a Mexican restaurant. I'm sorry. I didn't want something the size in my face to drink. I want twelve ounces.
Speaker 2: And so we were staying at the Royal Royal Air Force something.
Speaker 1: It was really cool, right it was American?
Speaker 2: Well no, no, what it is is it's like a club for people that used to be either in the military or just in the Air Force.
Speaker 1: Of the UK. Thank you for your service.
Speaker 2: I wasn't in it, but we know someone that he was in it, and he married an American woman and he his daughter goes to our school and we met them now here. Let us sake you up with this place, dude. It's all these paintings and sculptures and stuff inside the hotel, like to their military. It's really cool, but it doesn't have very many rooms. It's more like a club. Like you come, you go to the bar, you go to the restaurant there. Uh, you have meetings there?
Speaker 1: Did you have a meeting now? But we had our convention. No, our our room or our florally had two hotel rooms. Honey, I have a nine am meeting for the convention tomorrow.
Speaker 2: And so then we said all right, night night, and we said night night on Night one of England and we went to bed.
Speaker 1: Yes, take a break. That was a lot. We'll take a break, We'll go back.
Speaker 2: So the next day we woke up and my wife's like, oh my gosh, I found this great restaurant.
Speaker 1: I found this great restaurant, you Shanes, no heating in plant.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to go to a little cafe, sit out on the street enjoy ourselves.
Speaker 1: Who are you You want to go to a cafe at Drake tea?
Speaker 2: No? I don't want to hold on, hold on. I didn't say tea.
Speaker 1: Yes, do you have a biscuit and maybe some warm tea? No? Who did you turn into? No?
Speaker 2: I didn't care about the tea. I didn't care about the biscuits. I cared about That's what everybody does is they have their tables outside and everybody sits on the sidewalk and it looks fun.
Speaker 1: I like that. So I wanted to do that, okay, And she's like, well, I found somewhere else. There's a Michelin star restaurant right around the corner. I've heard of Michelin And I'm like, breakfast is breakfast? Like? Does it matter? Eggs and bakey, wakey, wake right?
Speaker 2: How much different can breakfast be a Micheon And she's like that way I can say, I ate it a Michelin Star restaurant. I'm like, yeah, but you're eating breakfast. It's not like one of the pancakes. It going to be so much different. So we go. It's not outside, it's inside. Don't get to sit on a little patio like I wanted to.
Speaker 1: I'll take you down a patio on Second Avenue and.
Speaker 2: My wife, I've got a Macha pancake. I'd never heard of that green green with green saw. It's actually pretty good.
Speaker 1: I had to buy it was Michelin. It's pretty good. So we ate in a Michelin Star restaurant. See, I've never done that. Mocking Bird ain't Michelin either. The Golden Arches next door ain't Michelin. No, it's not Michelin.
Speaker 2: And then we walked away around London some more. We went into some street that has a bunch of shopping. But we can't shop that much. You're not bringing it all home.
Speaker 1: Do you think I want to go to the street? Is my wife? Oh, but I'm saying, what really can you buy when you're on vacation unless you bring the extra luggage.
Speaker 2: I don't know what she wanted to buy, but she just wanted to walk down it and see it. And I never realized how big notting Hill was. They had fifteen different shops dedicated just selling the Nottingham shopping Bag.
Speaker 1: Notting Hill. Have you ever seen the movie?
Speaker 2: It's like fifty years old and it still has shops where people want to take pictures, where the like the bookstore that was used in notting Hill, and they buy the bag that says the notting Hill Shopping Bag.
Speaker 1: It sounds like these people are stuck in the fifties.
Speaker 2: They really are stuck in the fifties. And then we got con There was this guy selling lemonade outside of his flat and it has a science says my husband makes the best lemonade in all of London, and he had a cart and everything. I'm like, oh, and it says good things come to those who's wait, there's a line. Let's get in line for some lemonade.
Speaker 1: Man Ponzi scheme.
Speaker 2: And we get in there and they're fresh squeezing the limes right there.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? The lemons, whatever the hell they're called it's gonna be terrible. Sorry, lemons. Ray. The tomatoes they're put in this lemonade were amazing.
Speaker 2: And I get up there and I'm like, so, man, like, how many limons do you go through a day?
Speaker 1: He's like, not sure. That's a nice business plan, not a good business plan.
Speaker 2: So you do this all the time, No, just hot days when you trick tourists were a Michael.
Speaker 1: Good talk man.
Speaker 2: You've got a great personality for this business.
Speaker 1: You're really outgoing. I can see how you're the best.
Speaker 2: You're really making me want to buy your lemonade, you know, So I buy buy the lemonade.
Speaker 1: Forced my hand.
Speaker 3: I've got to buy some now.
Speaker 2: And I gotta say it was room temperature. They put like two ice cubes in it, and it didn't taste that great.
Speaker 1: Sounds like country time.
Speaker 2: And I was like, okay, well great, I'm glad I just wasted fifteen twenty minutes in your line. So my wife and I can both get a lemonade. And it tastes just fine, nothing great. So we go to these shops, we walk around great.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: I don't give a crap about this. There's so many people. Then we go to a pub and we eat some fish and chips outside, have a pint, and the bartender comes out and he's like, looks at this table next to us, looks at us into the pod, and he goes, none of you guys are smoking. This is embarrassing. No one's smoking. I came out here to smoke with somebody.
Speaker 1: What though?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, sorry, man, we're like from America and we know that cigarettes are bad.
Speaker 1: We're healthy.
Speaker 2: He's like, this is this is bad at a pub and no one is smoking.
Speaker 3: Here, all rip of dark. Get me one of those.
Speaker 2: Man goes like, as I go, smoke over here by myself, and he goes and smokes by himself.
Speaker 1: He talks to himself, he has own little and goes back inside. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then we go back to the hotel, get dressed up, and we My wife's like, let's go get some tea.
Speaker 1: Let's go get an afternoon tea. I'm like, okay, yeah, they do this in England. Let's go get a cup of tea. No, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: When someone says go get an afternoon tea. Ray, We went to this place and it was a whole production. They had you get to pick what flavor tea you want. You get your own pot of tea. Then you pick from the menu do you want savory sweet? A mix of savory and sweet. And they bring out a tower of sandwiches, muffins and desserts all on this tower and they put it and it's all nice and fit, and I'm like, I thought we were going for a cup of tea.
Speaker 4: What a random Schmorgas board of food. They eat cupcakes at two pm, drink a kettle of tea, and then suck off Macha pancakes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had. I mean it was unbelievable. I was like, they like crap over there. Yeah, but this have afternoon tea is not what I thought it. I thought I just have a cup of tea. But it's a whole production. They had salmon, they had cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches, they had other I mean it was crazy and I was like, this is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Maybe the cream cheese sandwich. Other than that, you haven't named something that I would have eaten. The salmon was great. I don't do that. Oh you should borchetta, borchetta sliced ham. We had borchetted Uh, fifty vines down the road. It tastes a crap. Oh well, I think brushetta. Yeah, I'm not a fan. I think I like that. I don't know. I don't like salmon. It's like raw so good. It was smoked salmon. No, I don't do that, Okay, you should.
Speaker 2: Then we went to this play called Titanik. Hilarious, absolutely hilarious, and one of their jokes, oh, thank you for asking Ray the.
Speaker 1: Best joke I like to laugh.
Speaker 2: The best joke Titanique, and it's all a Titanic and like, it's really funny.
Speaker 1: Looking up description, I don't need to go over it right here, I understand satire.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, it was like a Titanic museum tour. And then Seline Dion interrupts and tells you what really happened on the Titanic.
Speaker 1: Okay, interesting angle, I could have written that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very funny, good jokes, but right, the best joke all night. I maybe maybe three people and the whole place laughed, and I was one of them.
Speaker 1: And she goes.
Speaker 2: And Carl's mom was gay gay, I mean blind blind.
Speaker 1: Y see that? Yes, see that stole an American news clip.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying right when they said that, I abot fell out of my chair. I'm like, how, out of all the news clips in the world, of all the jokes that they had written, this one little clip from fifteen years ago that nobody knows about, and they put it into their plan. I mean, Carl, we're about to talk to Carl Weisenheiser. He called him Mount Kilimanjaro, and he's gay gay, I mean blind. We'll be right back out of the break. And when they made that joke, I fell out of my chair. And afterwards, my wife's like, why did you laugh at that? And I was like, do you not know the clip? And then I went over it five times and she laughed more and more every single time. I mean, it is so freaking funny.
Speaker 1: Is it even fit with the skin? Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, And that's why it was so funny. And they go and she's gay gay, I mean.
Speaker 1: Blind, And I was like, this is the best play I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 3: I love you, tight Niek.
Speaker 1: And then we went and got a pint and then we went back to bed. That was it. Did you try to pull it up? If we were a good show, I'd have been able to pull it up. Yeah, and so that was it.
Speaker 2: That was night two, day two in London, and uh yeah, we'll take a break and we'll be right back. So the next day, Ray, we wake up and it's time to go bye bye London. We spend our two days there, and it is time to get out of town, Ray, because there's this other country right next to England called Scotland.
Speaker 1: Get over there. I'm done with London.
Speaker 2: We are done with London. So we head to the train station.
Speaker 1: He throw heath, no, see you later never.
Speaker 2: And we get a train to Scotland. They're connected, they're connected.
Speaker 1: Had no idea. I had no idea.
Speaker 2: Don't ask me. I didn't know this, and so we get on it. It's like a five four and a half hour train ride to Scotland.
Speaker 1: Tell me this for when I never go London. Are you using your own money? Are you debit card? I'm doing credit card. You're swiping the cart in another country? Smart? Okay, what about in the Iceland Scotland? Scotland? Are I'm just gonna use my credit card the whole time so you don't have to convert your mind anymore. No, what happened to the charm of travel? That is true, Like, you don't you don't get swipe, dude, you could have at least made it up. Did you use some foreign currency? No, never did that. You're swiping Venmo and Venmo credit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just doing I'm just doing the card. So we ride on the train, dude, and the train ride is awesome, and we get our little seats in the cabin and we're like, oh, this is our first time ever going on a real train. Let's pay for a little nicer of a seat. So we pay for a little bit of a cabin where you're gonna get food. And so we sit down and we're looking out the window and here comes this.
Speaker 1: Dude, how are the spirits? This is mid trip right? Great? Is everybody good? Is like? Is it starting to wear on you a little bit? All the travel?
Speaker 2: And I'm still a little tired. I'm tired. That morning and my wife sends a picture to our family like, hey, we're head over Scotland and they all replied to s he okay, what's wrong with them?
Speaker 1: Would you look like the Walking Dead?
Speaker 2: I looked like the Walking down. I mean I was so tired, and I was like, man, that was a rough picture. But that's okay, I don't mind.
Speaker 1: He looks like Vegas warmed over. Yeah, exactly. Put him on a train. Let's take him to another country.
Speaker 2: See here I am on the train, dude.
Speaker 1: That's my picture. He looks fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just look a little tired. And so I'm sitting there and we have just two chairs, one chair table chair. On the other side of the aisle is like a like a table with two chairs on each side. So four people get.
Speaker 1: To sit there.
Speaker 2: And this old lady comes and sits, and she sits next to the window. And then here comes this really tall dude and he throws his backpack in the window seat on the other side, and he sits down and he looks hung.
Speaker 1: Over his balls. You must be the hammer.
Speaker 2: And he's real tall, probably six foot four, six foot five, long legs, and he's sitting there and he's just rubbing his.
Speaker 1: Head, rubbing his head.
Speaker 2: And then they start to coming around to check tickets, and dude disappears. What the He just disappears, leaves his backpack there, disappears, and he comes back like thirty minutes later, and I'm like, oh, he must have gone thrown up, right, And they come around like oh, you want anything to drink. He's like, give me two beers. Two beers, hey, keep it party going. I'm like wow, okay, and me and my wife are talking and he's like, excuse me.
Speaker 1: Hair of the dog.
Speaker 2: And he's like, where are you guys from? And we're like, oh, we're from Tennessee. I couldn't figure out your accent. I knew you weren't from here. And we start talking to him. His name's Steven.
Speaker 1: Now I'm from down the road.
Speaker 2: Well, no ass man, and he just had a boy's weekend down in London. He was going back to his home city of Carlisle. He was working, but he was like, he goes, I don't want to drink this beer, but I have to drink this beer. That's why I'm drinking it right now. He pulls out his computer and he's got two beers, just doing some work, doing some work. Finally he's like, man, screw it, just closes his laptop.
Speaker 1: That had to be some quality emails he sent out and he's just talking to us.
Speaker 2: He starts talking all about life in America and all these places.
Speaker 1: Great guy, really funny.
Speaker 2: He works in renewable energy, like he builds offshore, like win turbines.
Speaker 1: I guess, well that turbines me a little crooked.
Speaker 2: And the guy comes back by and he's like, can I get two more beers?
Speaker 1: I need two more.
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: And he was like, he goes, he was talking about it was his buddy's fortieth birthday. So they went to He met him in London and they'd been going since Thursday night. And then they went to the Liverpool and Crystal Palace game at the stadium and they lost in penalties and he started asking me, can we please start calling it football over here because instead of soccer? And can we call football American football? We had all these conversations about life.
Speaker 1: And things like that.
Speaker 2: Deep and in the like three and a half hours to his hometown, he had six beers.
Speaker 1: Did no work work day? Huh?
Speaker 2: And I was like, man, and he was like, yeah, man, I've missed a lot of meetings today. I'm just I'm I don't feel good enough to get on those calls. He goes, I'll just when I go home, I'll take a nap and maybe I'll answer a couple of emails. Then very friendly guy Steven was really great. But then it hit me that he wasn't supposed to be sitting in that seat. That's why he disappeared when they came to check tickets.
Speaker 1: So that's all you have to do.
Speaker 2: Because to the left was the bathrooms, he went to the right, so he left our car, went and sat in one of the normal seats. Showed him his ticket. After his ticket got punched, he came back to our car and sat in that seat. And I didn't even realize it until he was getting off the train.
Speaker 1: So he just banked though on nobody being in that seat.
Speaker 2: You can look it up online, I guess. But I was just like this Stephen guy because he says he does the train.
Speaker 1: A lot, so he's a renewable resource guys, and he has to save on a twenty dollars upgrade. Likely story, dude, don't ask me. I don't know.
Speaker 2: And he plays golf. He's a fourteen handicap. Any plays from the competition teas, he's terrible. Fourteen handicap.
Speaker 1: We're fourteen, No, we're not, you're less than fourteen. I am not. I am eighteen. Oh I must be twenty eight. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, so he shoots in like the eighties low eighties, okay, and he's got a girlfriend all that, and I was like, he's a scam artist.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: And then we the train arrives in Glasgow, Scotland, and now let me tell you Scotland.
Speaker 1: Is where it is at and we'll tell you about it.
Speaker 2: No Wednesday, No, Oh, Scotland was beautiful, dude. Like every building was old, Like there wasn't like oh one old building in one hundred new buildings. The downtown was bustling. They don't even let a lot of cars down there because they pollution.
Speaker 1: There's no cars, very few.
Speaker 2: You have to have a special pass to come downtown in Glasgow.
Speaker 1: We should do that in Nashville. I agree, hm hm.
Speaker 2: And so we're going to get on another train because we're gonna go meet my wife's sister in Croy, which is another city in Scotland.
Speaker 1: Love Croy, Love the water in America, La Croy. I didn't know your wife's sister was going to be thrown in the mix.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't either until we were leaving, like a couple days before. She's like, oh, yeah, we're gonna meet up my sister in Scotland. This trip just got better. And I'm like, all right, So we get off. We had to walk to another train station to get on this train to go to Croy. You got in the lube, you know, we just got another train tube that was in the tube here and we go and we get off and her friend, her sister had a friend that is from London. So they were driving the country and they picked us up in Croy and then we went to Deanston, Deanston, Scotland.
Speaker 1: I liked the having a local, yes, yeah. And the driving on the other side of road was bananas. Like ben to Costa Rica. It takes like five minutes in your no. No.
Speaker 2: But she was driving and so sometimes she would turn I'd be like, oh my god, but she was turning in another lane because that's the way we're supposed to go. But I thought she was turning into the right lane. You know where we were used to driving.
Speaker 1: Bro go to Costa Rica. There's no side of the road. You can drive on the left or right. You just have to move over depending on which side the car coming at you is going go to Costa Rica.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll go to Costa Rica. So it freaked you out a little bit, freak me out a little bit. Well, we go to Deanston. We get a little flat and this, this is what it's all about. All these mountains, the beauty of all the open fields and all the old timy. Everything's old. Everything is old in Scotland. Nothing is new. I loved Scotland.
Speaker 1: You're a Scotland guy. You need to move there.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not gonna move there. But we did wake up the next morning and go hike. And we took a boat ride and looked at you know a little from a little town and looked around at all the mountains.
Speaker 1: Is it easier you out of breath because of the hike?
Speaker 2: Oh no, it was an easy like this was an easy hike. And then we went to another place to do another hike and they said it could take you about an hour and a half two hours if you go the long way, or you go straight up it and it'll take about fifty minutes straight up. And my wife and sister in law were like, oh, you know, we'll go to that point right there with you and then you'll be on your own.
Speaker 1: They're leaving you in Scotland.
Speaker 2: And the girl that was the local, she did about two hundred yards and got tired. I was like, I'm just gonna wait under this tree and hang out. Whoa, because it was like seventy eight degrees, so it's really hot for over there. As the Scottish we're telling us it's like boiling it's boiling hot.
Speaker 1: Okay, tell them it's one hundred and five.
Speaker 2: But they don't know what it's like to have seventy eight degree weather.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's like a heat wave over there. Yes.
Speaker 2: And so there's a local that walked by me. I'm like, you're going straight up? He goes straight up, you're in my role dog, and he goes it's pretty easy. There's basically worn out like steps in the side of the mountain if you just go straight up. I'm like, all right, but I'm gonna walk with my wife and sister in law and we'd walk.
Speaker 1: A little bit longer.
Speaker 2: And they're like, you know what, you might want to go catch up with him because I don't think we're gonna make it all the way up.
Speaker 1: Sounds like they had too many pints.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, all right, So here I go up the side of the mountain. It's getting steep, getting steep, I'm starting to sweat, starting to sweat. Then I catch up with the dude. His name's Tim. He's lived in Glasgow for like twenty five years. He's got two kids, one grand kid. And we marched to the top of the mountain together.
Speaker 1: What else did you guys do?
Speaker 2: Nothing, dude, But it was so exciting and I was so pumped.
Speaker 1: This is such a climax to be up here with you. Tim.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't say anything like that, but I was so excited for my moment at the top of the mountain to soak it all in, like I I mean, it took me like fifty minutes to climb straight up this freaking mountain.
Speaker 1: A lot of people have died on that mountain.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know if they have. I have no idea. And I get up there and I'm so excited to go touch this rock at the top and there's a swarm of flying ants and I can't go to it.
Speaker 1: Look at that dude, Yeah, it's pretty bad.
Speaker 2: And he gets up there with me and he's like.
Speaker 1: We lost him.
Speaker 2: He's like, we better get down. We got to get down now.
Speaker 1: What And so I didn't even get to do we lose him? No?
Speaker 2: No, But he was like, I've never seen it this bad. And I mean they were swarming us.
Speaker 4: Dude, take off your clothes, but we'rerap your face with your clothes.
Speaker 1: Tim, Tim gets a fly yeah on him. He starts taking his clothes on.
Speaker 2: And so with me. So we bath get over here. So we bail, dude, we bail. I don't even get to enjoy the view from the top. I don't even get to go touch that rock.
Speaker 1: For those of you truckers, it is a heavy swarm of locusts.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they were, he said, flying ants. And then I was worried if they start biting me, then do I die by a thousand flying ant bites on the top of a freaking mountain in Scotland, overlooking the beauty. So me and Tim just start hi hiking down and like on the second shelf. He took my picture, so i'd let you know that I didn't make it up there.
Speaker 1: I mean, you had no climbing gear on. No, dude, I was just wearing ten of shoes. Man, That's how I do it prepared.
Speaker 2: I'm so unprepared. I am so unprepared for everything.
Speaker 1: No water bottle.
Speaker 2: I did have one water bottle, like a little plastic water bottle in my pocket. I littered that ray and then we hiked all the way back down and here's my boy Tim.
Speaker 1: Man. Wow, you guys look like you're daty.
Speaker 3: You would down you men town?
Speaker 1: Dude? Why does he look that happy to be hiking with you? Dude?
Speaker 2: He had just gotten off work and it was such a beautiful day.
Speaker 1: He's I got gonna go for a hike. Bike, So he went for a hike. Man, people are weird, he said self, I'm going for a hike after work. People are weird. No, would you ever do that here in Nashville? No, you know in Scotland are weird?
Speaker 2: No? No, people in Scotland are super friendly.
Speaker 1: Have you ever got done with a potty and said I want to go for a hike and I'll hang up and listen. No, I guess was your wife mad that she didn't do it?
Speaker 2: No, she wasn't too mad. It was called Dungan Hill. Is where we're at, Dungan Hill. Look at this view, buddy, That is beauty. Yeah, it's beauty.
Speaker 1: And it was so amazing to go up there.
Speaker 2: And me and Tim hiked back down together, and he told me that one of his favorite movies of all time, Local hero Oh that's sid porn. I don't know, but it was filmed a little bit in Texas and he was like, you should check it out one day and I said, Tim, for you, I will check it out, man, because me and you bonded as we marched to the top of this mountain. What a day, man, what a day? I mean Scotland, God, beautiful. We'll take a break, we'll write back.
Speaker 1: Ants in my pants, Tim, ants in my pants, so we already know the end thing. You found recliners at the Heathrow airport and then flew home.
Speaker 2: No, and I'm just gonna tell you this. We went to the Sterling Castle the next day, absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 1: It was so cool. And here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Scottish people might be the most friendly people on this planet. Because we were standing right by a distillery and they have a little cafe there and the girls wanted some coffee, so they stopped. They going to get coffee and I get out and I just go stand by the river as the water is flowing down.
Speaker 1: What how long was the train ride? I forgot to ask you that. From where from Heathrow to Scotland? Like four and a half hours. Okay, back to your coffee.
Speaker 2: So I'm I'm gonna ge out and just look at this river. And I'm just standing there and it's a beautiful, beautiful scene.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: It's an old town, very old. It was called Deanston. And here comes this this dude walking his dog and I and he says good morning, And I said morning.
Speaker 1: What with all these friendly dudes in Scotland. I'm telling you they're the most friendly people in the world. And did you not have like some buckso blonde up on you?
Speaker 2: I will say the hotties in Scotland were non exist.
Speaker 1: I could tell from the storytelling you met Tim dude, he was the highlight of the trip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was. He was really cool. But look at this view. This is the river. I'm just looking down as I'm waiting for them to get their car.
Speaker 1: It looks like Colorado. It's beautiful. And he's like, oh, where are you from? I said, from Tennessee.
Speaker 2: Oh, let me tell you what you Let me tell you all about it. And he told me, dude, he told me forty five minutes worth. He sat there for twenty five minutes telling me things to do in Scotland.
Speaker 1: I didn't ask for that.
Speaker 2: Uh, don't don't don't buy the shops at like these castles, don't don't buy it, don't buy. Price is too high, too high, and not quality goods, not quality, not quality. He goes, and I hear from other other people that visit that we too expensive, we too expensive. But you guys are good for our economy. He goes, would you come back to Scotland.
Speaker 1: Okay gross domestic product? And I said, yeah, preach.
Speaker 2: He said, well, we need you to come twice twice a year. Bring the kids, bring the kids.
Speaker 1: Now I'm not going.
Speaker 2: And then he said, oh, you're gonna go to Edinburgh, you need to take the If you're gonna park here, it's cheaper to park on this side.
Speaker 1: Take the ferry over.
Speaker 2: Because you go to Edinburgh, they're gonna charge you more to park. If you're gonna go to this castle, go this way, Go into this town. They have the best fish and chips at this place.
Speaker 1: Are you taking notes?
Speaker 2: No, I'm just listening as he talks. As you're gonna say here he is, he's got me just pinned up against the wall.
Speaker 1: Oh my, that conversation looks like it's never gonna end. And I was like, oh, thank you, and then you get the sunglasses.
Speaker 2: I bought him on that street because I didn't have any sunglasses back in London. And dude, Frank sat there and talked to me forever. And he has a little dog and he's like, oh, people, just it's a working dog, working dog. And they say, bring it to California, bring it to Idaho, bring it to Montana.
Speaker 1: Work, work, work.
Speaker 2: And we're like, oh, that'd be a long way to take your dog, you know what I mean. And he's like, no, you just put a suitcase and then cut four holes in it at walk with you.
Speaker 1: What the hell is this guy talking about?
Speaker 2: I don't know, dude, but he was so friendly and.
Speaker 1: He looks like the guy that invented apple, Tim Cook, And so took the picture of you and your wife talking to him.
Speaker 2: The sister in law and her friend, because they were ready to go. They're in the car, they're ready to go for another hike. They're ready to go to the you know, the castle, the Sterling Castle and see your wife's sister's friend lives there, lives in London. And then she drove over. Yeah, she picked up her sister at Heathrow and they drove through England, and then through Scotland.
Speaker 1: Was this all planned at the same time. I guess I don't know. I went in on the planning part, and.
Speaker 2: So logistics smith DICKX Ray. So we go to the castle. Dude, it's like an hour till it's closing. And let me tell you, if you ever go to the Sterling Castle in Scotland, you gotta find Andrew because the dude was amazing. We walk in, we got an hour and ten minutes still it closes and we're like, all right, look dude, we're here. What is the most important what's the best way to get the most time, you know, the quickest look at it so we don't miss anything. He goes, we're here, and he gave us a whole description. He goes, what you're gonna do, Walk up those stairs, go through the building, come down, take a left, go to that building. And he showed us exactly how to go. Where are you drawing this map on a napkin.
Speaker 1: In the air, he's pointing at buildings. Ray, I had my wife mascara and a piece of paper towel.
Speaker 2: And here's a great thing about Andrew. Man, here's the great thing about Andrew. He would just pop up randomly in and when we were walking, he's like, oh, Andrew, and he's like, guys, guys, you went the wrong way, wrong way you're supposed to go.
Speaker 3: You're scared the hell out of me.
Speaker 2: Andrew exactly due. Oh sorry sorry, So he's like, you need to go back that way. You're wasting steps, wasting steps.
Speaker 1: He's in the ladies' restroom and.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, you went the way.
Speaker 2: We go in there, and then we go into this old chapel and they have the king and Queen seats there and he and Andrew shows up in there and takes pictures of us in the seats.
Speaker 1: Phenomenal.
Speaker 2: And then we go and we're looking around, and we go down in the old kitchen where they used to cook and do that. And then we go down in the gardens and we look up and who's peering over the wall Andrew looking down on us in the garden. Oh Andrew too again man. And so we were loving Andrew, and we saw the castle and it was so freaking cool.
Speaker 1: Andrew was a little interested in the the American wife. He might have been.
Speaker 2: He might have been, But that's how you're gonna if you're gonna ever go to a castle, go when there's like an hour and twenty minutes left, because there's no one there like you go earlier in the day. There's so many people. It's so crowded, it's hard to move. I will never castle a different way anyway in my life, because usually you go in the middle of the day, it's like, oh, so crowded with all these tourists. Wait till the end of the day, when everyboy's already gone. That's the first thing they do in the day. We had the place to ourselves pretty much.
Speaker 1: You would know about a castle, the moat, you must have known your way around. There was a moat, exactly, very familiar. There was a moat.
Speaker 2: There was a moat at the castle.
Speaker 1: That we went in. In London they had a moat. Also. Where was the help Where were the butler's headquarters?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know, but it was fantastic.
Speaker 1: It was a dark history. I didn't ask a lot of questions.
Speaker 2: And then we went to the Kipton Kimpton Kimpton, it's the hotel in the street Kimpton by Marriott, and went to a little restaurant and then it was great, so phenomenal, the food was good, people were so nice.
Speaker 1: Do chains again? Was it a chain restaurant?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it wasn't knowing it wasn't a chain restaurant.
Speaker 1: Dookies Indian food you ate? No, that was the shoom, Shoom, the shoom. Uh what else did we do? Then? We went to I think we've covered it. No.
Speaker 2: One night we went to another restaurant in a town and we got drinks on the patio. We ordered an appetizer, and then they came and said.
Speaker 1: No more food.
Speaker 2: We're like what they're like too busy? There were not used as many people being at our restaurant. This nice weather, everybody has come to the restaurant. We can't cook ane more food.
Speaker 1: Right, that's not my problem.
Speaker 2: So we had to pay the bill, get in the car and drive about a mile and find another restaurant. After we had done some hiking in the castle. It was like, what I forget the city? Frank had told us about the city, So we went to that city.
Speaker 1: It's phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Food was good, great atmosphere and I finally saw Hoti, finally saw Hatty at that restaurant at one of the bars restaurant pub And that's another thing the pubs. I don't know how they do it. Like, there's no clubs where you dance on chicks. You usually at a bar here, you know, you start dancing on a chick. Of pubs, you just get drunk and talk to chicks. I don't know how they do it over there.
Speaker 1: I mean, it seems like a bunch of dudes getting drunk together. It really does. At the pub, it's a lot of dudes watching soccer, yes, football, So honestly what I saw in my head is exactly how it was in real life. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was great news. We go We went to another pub, had a pint, went back to Deanston and went to bed Man. Then the next day it's time.
Speaker 1: To move on. No, no, no, we've already moved on.
Speaker 2: And you want to know where we moved on to, I'll tell you right after this. Now we went to Edinburgh, my favorite city of the trip. Man thought we were already there now we were in Deanston and kinspinning all these other ones. Dude, Edinburgh was ah, amazing, beautiful city.
Speaker 1: Is that what it was? Okay?
Speaker 2: Beautiful, beautiful park It was fun, phenominal.
Speaker 1: You can't go to the park though you ain't got kids with you. Oh no, dude.
Speaker 2: Everybody's out there on blankets, no blankets, just sitting there having lunch, bottles of wine, just hanging out in the park.
Speaker 1: Everybody. Really, it was great. Was it a weekday? Weekday? People ain't got jobs in Europe. They don't care. Like, can you imagine you and me going to this little greenway with a bottle of wine.
Speaker 2: After this we get arrested because you're not allowed to have an open container there.
Speaker 1: They don't care.
Speaker 2: And I love the culture there because you can just walk around with your drinks. You can take a bottle of wine and go to the park and lay down on the grass and have your friends. You can sit on the steps of a building and pour each other a glass of wine.
Speaker 1: Here that's called homeless. Well, so you would just go sit at the capitol steps and it's normal over there. Yes, here, you have to have a sign that says need money. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, they had a festival going on called the Fringe Festival. It's the biggest arts festival in the world.
Speaker 1: I've heard of it. It was so much fun.
Speaker 2: Dude. Art No, no, no, I'm not talking about art, dude, I'm not talking about art like drawing. I'm talking like comedians.
Speaker 1: They had more jokes about the blind walker. No, but these comedians are funny, like Dane Cook, like Dave Chappelle.
Speaker 2: I don't know who these people were. And they had plays. They had two man shows. One man shows.
Speaker 1: We went to.
Speaker 2: We went to one called Choke Slam, and I mean it's in this small ass room, probably about the size of.
Speaker 1: This Kevin Heathrow. I mean maybe a little bit.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you. And this girl comes out. She's dressed in spandex and like collars, and she starts dancing. I'm like, what the am I about to watch?
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 2: And then she goes into this story about how she fell in love with wrestling.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it was a phenomenon for tent five minutes. She talked the whole time, and she talked about her lover of wrestling. Then she also talked about her life, and she intertwined the two and everything that went on her life.
Speaker 1: So good, what are you saying She's in next Sydney Sweeney.
Speaker 2: She was so good. Then we went to Nina Conti. She's funny, She's a ventrolquist. Oh, she doesn't talk a lot. No, huh, freaking hilarious. She has a little monkey on her hand and she had to be talking and then she'd be like, He'll be like, you're such a You're such a slut. The monkey will hilarious. Then she pulls people up out of the crowd and puts these faces on them, and she has a little button that makes their mouth move, and she does the talking. And she has three people, four people up there on stage at one time and having conversations. Dude, I was falling out of my freaking chair lapping so hard.
Speaker 1: Do we need to bring that over to America? Do we need to bring her to a marria? For sure? Dude. And there was just a part It was just a party the entire time in the city, in Edinburgh.
Speaker 2: Everything they had everything you could ever want, dude, Like, look at these pubs, just packed with people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 2: It was so freaking fun. And then I'm not working. No, no one works.
Speaker 1: Look at this. Look at these parties, dude, just people everywhere. Why is nobody at a desk right now? No one cares about work? What? Edinburgh was so fun?
Speaker 2: And then we saw Mike or stud no Dave and Katie get remarried as a two person little skit show.
Speaker 1: Hilarious, hilarious. We need to bring that to America.
Speaker 2: I think they're from New York, but they were just there at the Fringe Festival. Then I went to the coolest thing the whole trip. It was called Tattoo and it was what I was told. It's right outside the castle in Edinburgh and it was gonna be bagpipe bands.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Okay, how fun can this be? This is gonna be stupid, annoying, stupid.
Speaker 2: I mean it's an hour and a half long. I'm like, how can I watch bagpipes for an hour and a half?
Speaker 1: How? And so we go and.
Speaker 2: They have the bleachers built up right outside the castle, the castles to my right.
Speaker 1: They have flames on top of the castle. The torches are all lit. Looks unbelievable. That sounds cool and then boom the music stars.
Speaker 2: These bagpipers come walking out of the castle and the beat drops and I'm thinking, oh, there's gonna be like twenty bagpipers. There was like a hundred, and they were just all different formations. They come walking out, Booo, they start doing all these walks.
Speaker 1: Nomenal.
Speaker 2: Great, all right, Then they brought the band. They brought bands from different countries out.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: It was like the Switzerland band. They come out with all these drummers.
Speaker 1: Ba ba ba ba ba bah blah blah blah blah bah bah.
Speaker 2: The American people that do the bayonets.
Speaker 1: It was a dance off.
Speaker 2: It wasn't even a dance off, dude. It was everybody's band, all these militaries from all over the world.
Speaker 1: So you think you can dance bagpipe edition, dude.
Speaker 2: It was so entertaining because bands from Poland and Switzerland are playing together and they're marching and they're not running into each other. Then they had all the bands and all the freaking bagpipers out there at one time, doing different formations dance.
Speaker 1: I mean it was crazy. How much did you pay for this? I have no idea. It was just free in the street. No, no, no.
Speaker 2: My sister in law booked the tickets, so I got to pay her back. I don't know how much it was, but it's called tattoo And I was sitting there just going, this is phenomenal.
Speaker 1: You give them a standing ovation, yes, at the end of your.
Speaker 2: Game of standing out dude, like standing freaking oh. I can't even explain, Like I don't even care about music, that's the thing, but this whole them coming marching out of the castles and having trumpet people up there in the castle like playing, and I mean it.
Speaker 1: Was so good. So you're saying, we have Morgan Wall and they have bagpipes, but.
Speaker 2: It was more than bagpipes. I thought it was just gonna be bagpipes.
Speaker 1: But they had.
Speaker 2: What other armies, like they had the I don't know what other armies they had, Poland, Switzerland, the USA, uh, Romania, maybe I don't know, it was Ukraine. Their band was there. I mean it was crazy.
Speaker 1: We have lu Combs. They have choreographed bagpipes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were doing dances and like when the USA bayonet people were doing there and flipping them up in the air and everything. There was different things they were doing. The crowd was getting nervous.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no no no no.
Speaker 2: People around me were worried they were gonna get someone was gonna get hurt. Like there's one time the two lines of the bayonets they line up across each other and they're throwing them back and forth to each other, and like the lieutenant or captain or whatever walks straight down the line and doesn't get hit with the bayonet.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, we.
Speaker 1: Have Luke Bryan. They have bayonets.
Speaker 2: The girl from London that was with us, she couldn't watch.
Speaker 1: She was so nervous. I'm telling you, it was so freaking good. We have Shobboozi. They have synchronized bagpipes. Yeah, that was my trip.
Speaker 2: Man, hit some pubs, hit some good restaurants. I saw some bad shows too, Like the last one we watched, there was this guy it was like three stand up comedians.
Speaker 1: What's with all these people over there thinking they're comedians?
Speaker 2: Well, it was an arts festival, dude, I don't know. I don't know anything about this. I don't know how you get. I don't know anything about it. I just know I was there. It was happening.
Speaker 1: So we went to some of the things. Well, I can tell you right now, their humor isn't going to translate.
Speaker 2: Well, there was one there was it was like they're gonna do comedy and then a psychia therapist is gonna like talk to them and like analyze them.
Speaker 1: Not funny.
Speaker 2: I kind of agree, because I was like well, they're just doing a job, so it's not really you know what I mean, they're just telling jokes. And so the one guy gets up there. He was from Australia. He was funny, actually funny, jokes were funny.
Speaker 1: He was good.
Speaker 2: It was very togs like this just kind of you know how you guys doing Like he was very funny. Next guy comes up, his name was Mark. He was not funny at all. He was terrible. It was very awkward, like I was just like, get this guy up to stage, like it's so bad, like no one's laughing. And he even said it during the like when the therapist was like talking about He's like, well that's the most someone gave me a clap all night. And then the woman, the other the last comedian, she was not funny. I didn't think I didn't think she was very funny. And it was just like okay, and then they all three sat up there and the guy gave him you know, analysis and whatever, and it was kind of awkward. It was a rough one to end on. But hey, it was a good trip, man, good trip.
Speaker 1: See I didn't know arts festival means comedy festival, Well was comedy. It is an art. Yeah, plays, they love their plays over there, and name me one play you could watch it. But Chuck Wicks and his Circus smircus that he does where he dances on a trampoline every Friday night.
Speaker 2: Well, I wouldn't even say, like the the the Dave and Katie get married remarried. I would think that's more of a skit, more of like uh Esther Fowley's you know what I mean, like where it's like jokes and funny and they wrote funny songs and they it was really entertaining.
Speaker 1: Do we need to perform because what you're telling me is there's something besides music that people are entertained by. Yeah, and Nashville doesn't have that right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was great. And then I went to one and it was uh some guy it was, and he was just just him for an hour and he acted out four different people and he was so freaking.
Speaker 1: Good, so good. What was his name? I don't know, no idea. It was like, I'll tell you, I can tell you the name of the play what it was. Actually it was like the Kevin harda Glass Now, No.
Speaker 2: He was from Australia too. Let me see what. Let me go here we go. I'll tell you if it pulls up in time my planner history, it was called why is it not showing up? A highly Nope, that's not that's not it.
Speaker 1: It didn't show up. Oh you know why?
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's not it. It didn't show up because I think my sister in law bought the tickets. But I did see one where this guy he did a whole hour of him doing drawings on an overhead.
Speaker 1: Projector I'm guessing that bomb.
Speaker 2: It was not bad, but it was kind of weird at the same time.
Speaker 1: Here at a city park watching a guy tell jokes on an overhead projector Yeah, what do they think is funny over there? Dude? I don't know, man, they would they would think the convention was freaking Shane Gillis. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, her name is Nina Conti. Whose face is it?
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 2: Absolutely laugh out loud, hysterical choke slam, phenomenal tattoo tattoo.
Speaker 1: Gosh, that was great. That was my trip. Man. Can I hear by yours? Yeah, I'll tell you next week.
Speaker 2: Okay, and hey, yeah we're gonna do uh yeah yeah. When does football start? Man?
Speaker 1: I don't even know when the first game is you got a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: All right, you guys have a great Monday.
Speaker 1: Sorry? Man, uh was that boring? That was actually packed? I actually loved how you started with the return flight. That's an interesting way to tell a story.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't mean to do you ask me when I got back?
Speaker 1: Right, so right, so right, man. Sorry we didn't get to your staycation. Man, I don't even hold you. It's a low light. The yours was the highlight.
Speaker 2: I don't even know mine was highlight. I don't even know if I did anything that great.
Speaker 1: That was good? Okay? Does your wife think that? Do you guys the same? On humor or would some of it like? Because my humor's totally different than my wife. I think my wife would think all that stuff was stupid.
Speaker 2: I would know, would know, she wouldn't have There was one point during my life.
Speaker 1: Is not gonna sit and watch a guy drawn and overhead projector and think that's funny. I'm sorry my wife didn't like that, exactly, my wife.
Speaker 2: There was a point at when David and Katie get remarried, and these are all like little forty five minute, fifty five minute shows, like it's not like we're sitting there for three hours.
Speaker 1: That's about forty minutes too long. But okay.
Speaker 2: There was a point during that show or skit, whatever you want to call it, where she almost was doing her uncontrollable laugh, like they were looking at her from the stage and they asked her, are you okay?
Speaker 1: Really? Yes? Okay? Wow?
Speaker 2: They they are you okay? And me and her sister know that laugh, and we're like, oh, here we go. She's not gonna be able to stop. She's not gonna be able to stop.
Speaker 1: Oh it was.
Speaker 2: It was great, man, it was great, great time. The pubs were great, some cool pubs in Edinburgh. Everything was old and then Edinburgh is so cool.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a lot of talent. You truck drivers are interested, crack for guys, a lot of crops to plow man. Have a good Monday, guys.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I hogged, I hogged that whole hour. I apologize, but yeah, I'd vote London sucks, Scotland fantastic. That's my final review.
Speaker 1: Yeah,