Speaker 1: Hey, it's Delilah. Thank you for stopping by. I have put together some of my favorite radio moments here to share with you on our daily podcast. Hey it's Delilah celebrating love, real love, love that you know, that you know is meant to be. If you are sharing your life with your person, You're gonna love today's stories. Good evening. You've called the Delilah Show. Who is this?
Speaker 2: Is this Gracie?
Speaker 1: Hi, Gracie? What can I do for you on this cold winter night?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: I got married a few months ago to my husband, Michael. And everyone always says that the love of your life comes into your life when you least expect it, and he really did. He made me happy. I was at my worst and we got married three months ago and we were together for three years, and my wedding days felt like the best day of my life. And I keep telling him we have to go back to it, but we can't. So we just look at pictures and videos and we remember everything and we're just so happy in love. And they always say the first year of marriage is the hardest, but for us, this really isn't. We just are enjoying every day together.
Speaker 1: So you had a beautiful, beautiful wedding, which is great, but having a beautiful, beautiful marriage, which it sounds like you do, is a thousand times better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I'm just I actually I've been listening to your show since I was a little girl, and I made him listen to your show. And now every time we're in the car or at home, we put your show on and we just listened to it and we hear all the love stories, and I'm just like, I want to tell her about.
Speaker 3: My web story.
Speaker 1: And your husband's name is Michael. What was the song that you danced to at this beautiful wedding?
Speaker 2: Well, we had two, so we did Unchained Melody by Righteous Brothers. But then at the end of the night, as the last song, it was Less the Broken Road by Rascal Flat Oh.
Speaker 1: I love both of those. Let me see what I can do for you.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Good night, Hello, good evening. Welcome to the Delilah Show.
Speaker 2: Who is this?
Speaker 4: My name is Austin.
Speaker 1: Hi Austin. What can I do to make your chilly winter night all the better?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I just wanted to get on here and brag about my wife a little bit. We just had a baby not too long ago, about three months ago. And I've never been more proud of a human in my life. To see someone grow as much as she has has been an experience. To be able to be a part of it. I'm grateful.
Speaker 1: And what is this beautiful woman's name? And what's your baby's name?
Speaker 4: Her name is Jaden and my baby's name is Asteria.
Speaker 1: All right, tell me about Jaden and why, Austin, I hear such a warm smile in your voice when you mention her name. Just when you said her name, there was a smile that came through your voice like music.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she is the light of my world. I mean, we've only been together for about three years now, and it's been the best three years of my life. And every time I think of her, it's never a doll moment, it's never a frown, it's never a doubt anything. She's my rock. She's a person I've fallen too, and she's been the greatest person I could have ever met in my life.
Speaker 1: How long have you been sharing this journey together?
Speaker 4: We're going on three years married, going on four years of knowing each other.
Speaker 1: I will pick the perfect song and tell me how to pronounce your baby's name.
Speaker 5: Again.
Speaker 1: Is it asteria?
Speaker 4: Hysteria?
Speaker 1: Does it have a meaning, Yes, ma'am.
Speaker 4: She's the goddess of the night, sky of the stars.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's beautiful. I'll play a song for your twinkle Twinkle little star and your beautiful bride.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Good evening, Brent, Welcome. This is Delilah.
Speaker 2: What can I do for you?
Speaker 5: Good evening, Delata. How you doing.
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to talk to you about my wife. I listen to your show every night and I hear all these people calling in with their wonderful stories, and I just wanted to do the same for my wife, who's my best friend and everything to me.
Speaker 1: What's her name?
Speaker 5: Her name is Roberta.
Speaker 1: Okay, and tell me about your bride.
Speaker 5: Well, we met singing karaoke, and I knew her for a year, and I would run from her every time that she would come around. It's kind of strange. I liked her a lot, and she liked me, but I was scared, so I would I would run from her. And well, just in the two years that we've been married, it's just like my whole world has changed.
Speaker 1: Because wait a second, whit a second? You went from saying you ran from her to now you're married. How did you catch you if you were so busy running.
Speaker 5: Finally, one night, I just decided to ask her to have dinner with me, and we had dinner, and five months later we got married. That was kind of like how it all laid out. It was kind of cool. And then ever since then, it's going on two years now and it just is getting better and better and better every day. And I know that she has just done tremendous things for me. I'm ex military, so I wasn't the nicest guy in the world when I met her, and that was the reason I kept running. Were kept running from her. I just didn't think I was good enough for her. So through her diligence and her patience, she's taught me a lot of things in life. And I just do everything I can to try and honor her and make her happy. And she's done the same for me unconditionally.
Speaker 1: Keep doing that and you will have a great life together. Let me play a song for you.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that very much.
Speaker 1: Delilah, Hi Jenny, what can I do for you?
Speaker 3: Well, I've been happily married for almost twenty six years now and I think I've got the best man in the whole world. We've had lots of ups and downs in our marriages, and he has just been the rock in my life. And I tell him every day I love him, and it just doesn't seem enough. But he has shown me what real love is and I wish every woman in the whole world could have a man just like him.
Speaker 1: Is there a song that you would like to hear for your hobby of this many years or shall I find one for you?
Speaker 3: I would like you to find one that would just fit him so appropriately. It's just really amazing. And twenty six years a long time to be married, and I would like to be fifty six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think you're going to find many people that have enjoyed the depth of the intimate love you've shared with your husband.
Speaker 3: If he was dying and need my heart, I would give it to him. That's just how much love I have for him, and I know he would do the same for me.
Speaker 1: Well, let me find a song that tries to express just a little bit of that incredible love. Oh, thank you so much, Thank you, honey, God bless you.
Speaker 3: You have a wonderful evening.
Speaker 1: I so hope you have enjoyed these radio moments as much as I enjoy bringing them to you. I'll share more with you each weekday on Hey It's Delilah.
Speaker 3: Do you b