Speaker 1: We got some tea, some news poppin' from around the league, and it is some hot hot tea.
Speaker 2: Spencer DINWITTI, this is just so great. I just love it so much.
Speaker 1: It was just I have been thinking about it and talking about it to friends all day. Guard for the Brooklyn Nets, Spencer Dinwittie who also used to be a guard for the Brooklyn Nets and was traded. So Kyle Kuzma, former Laker wing champion, currently exiled in Washington with the Wizards, have officially reignited their beef.
Speaker 2: Did you see this?
Speaker 1: There is there's a lot to get into, right, I'm gonna give you my thoughts. I'm gonna explain it. But for those who don't remember, let's give you a little backstory. So, Dinwitty and Kus were teammates right for a hot second, because Dinwitty was added to the Wizards when Russell Westbrook asked to be traded, right he was included in that like fifteen person trade and then moves to Washington. Dinwitty was just coming off of ACL surgery and the Wizards needed a point guard and during his very short tenure, because he was traded from the Wizards to Dallas for kristavs Porzingis.
Speaker 2: It was the kristavs Porzingis trade, so he was there.
Speaker 1: For like a few months, and apparently in those few months, Dinwitty and Coups fucking hated each other pretty much did not vibe at all. Dinwitty was traded before the season finished, and then when the MAVs played the Wizards before Spence was later included in the Kyrie trade back to Brooklyn, Spencer decided he was going to take a low key shot at the Wizards franchise, and if you're in the know, took an under the radar shot at Kuzma.
Speaker 2: This is what he said.
Speaker 1: They're not playing for nothing, for real. For them, it's just a showcase. They're over there just trying to get paid, not trying to play winning basketball.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Kuzma took to Twitter and then said, funny thing is they the MAVs don't play winning basketball either.
Speaker 2: Game on.
Speaker 1: Remember, Kuzma thinks he's like different because he already won a ring. He thinks that whatever he's going through and doing does not apply because he's already won. So he feels like he sealed his legacy. So then Spencer Dimwittie goes on fandual TV and they're like, hey, did you see that Kuzma's comments about you? How come he didn't like clap back? And he's like, yeah, I wanted to respond to that Kuzma tweet, but my agent told me to stand down, that we had bigger fish to fry things to do get to the playoffs. You know now that I'm not in that environment. I'm in the playoffs and he's not.
Speaker 2: Oh boy.
Speaker 1: This, of course was after the Nets made the SUC seed the Wizards failed to make the play in tournament.
Speaker 2: So then Spence took.
Speaker 1: It even further and decided to say the quiet part out loud.
Speaker 3: Life fame, all that stuff that we could see that you know, his priorities tend to vary, right, Like, that's why he addressed the way he does. He you know, approached the basketball the way he does, the comments he makes, and like I said with the Draymond quote, insecurity is loud, like you know that you're there, you know, shooting shots to try to get a contract. You're probably not even a third star really on a good team, because if you were, the Lakers would have kept you. Right part of the reason you left was to try to make more money. Like these are all things that are facts, and so at the end of my career, one thing that I want to be known besides a guy that did whatever took to win in whatever spot he was at, is a guy that was also very honest. And so like my complete response to you know, cous and all the other stuff to address it directly, I mean, I played with the guy, you know what I mean, we know what the priorities were, and you know a lot of times people thought I was talking about Brad or whatever anything like that. I look at Brad in the same light as like a Dame. I think he's Lord of DC. I think, you know, probably on a championship team, he's probably got to be paired with like a Yiannis. He's probably one B, which is no shot. I know on a championship team, you know, I'm probably the third guy, kind of like a Drew Holliday with a Chris Middleton and you know Yiannis or whatever. I'm very scared with who I am in my career. I knowing a really good team, I can be a number two kind of like we al right here with the Brooklyn Nets. We got Micheale, we got me. We're still a playoff team. We're able to keep the ship right. But in DC, if you got three Max dudes for Zengis Brad and KU's like, how you missed the playoff? Like he doesn't. None of these things make sense, you know what I'm saying. Unless your priorities aren't.
Speaker 1: In order, Unless your priorities aren't in order. Oh my god, Oh my god. He he absolutely ethers Kyle Kuzma in the span of three minutes with straight facts. So then, of course, because Kyle Kuzma didn't have a place to talk on FanDuel TV, which would have been incredible, he goes ape shit on Twitter and he says, the Wizards and I have so much real estate on din shitty Island. This guy got signed by a team for sixty mills and was traded before the season was over.
Speaker 2: What in the world have you won in this league?
Speaker 1: You've been bounced around like a basketball My boy, Kuzma, you can thank Kyrie and KD for spearheading the thirty four wins before.
Speaker 2: The All Star break.
Speaker 1: You're eleven and thirteen after the break for your playoffs. Oh, you think you're a second option more like a second point guard. My man, I watched you for two months at the end of your wizard's tenure. Being the second option averaging eight four and four sounds good, but I'm glad you're hooping now.
Speaker 2: Last, but not least.
Speaker 1: The only way you'll ever be worth your contract is if the NBA finally gives you your wish of being paid in crypto. Check the markets downward arrow, my lord? Did that escalate quickly?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: Of course today.
Speaker 1: Spence responded and he said, did you see Kuzma's tweet? The funny part about it is that there are a lot of contradictions. He resorted to name calling dinshitty things like that, which I haven't heard since I was probably ten years old, things of that nature. I think at the end of the day, the biggest piece here was like a theory from eight Mile the way Eminem approached the final battle.
Speaker 2: If you approach you with the truth, what do you have to hide?
Speaker 1: There's nothing there, right, So that's probably the last time I'll address because I want to focus on Philly, the team and what we're doing. But at the end of the day, I spoke truth and I got rebutted.
Speaker 2: With a ten year old insult. He said, what have you done in this league?
Speaker 1: If we're going to talk about my career and the things that I've done that are unique and possibly different. I led a team to the playoffs when their max players were hurt back in twenty twenty, averaging over twenty a game, So I won a lot of games there.
Speaker 2: I've been to the Western.
Speaker 1: Conference finals with Luca, and the MAVs been to the playoffs every year for the last five or six years. And then on top of that, I would say people are blessed to be in situations. We don't get mad at Rick Fox for winning a championship with Kobe and Shack like some people are blessed and that's great, but we can't act like Rick Fox led them to a championship. Let's not do that, goddamn real quick. Rick Fox and Kyle Kuzma average the same amount of points ten in the playoffs on those championship teams for the Lakers. That's incredible.
Speaker 2: So now that you're caught up, why is it like this between them?
Speaker 1: Here's what I've gathered and here's what I believe. Spencer Dinwoodie is what I call a tree shaker. He comes to situations and he assesses, he asks questions when things are not operating properly. The Washington Wizards do not, as you guys can see, operate properly.
Speaker 2: They we don't make the playoffs.
Speaker 1: They're not a very good franchise, and they've kind of been sitting there in the middle of the doldrums for a very long time. The Wizards are not the most organized, winning franchise in the NBA. Spence got there with I think Baby Holiday. I believe it was Justin or Aaron. I think it was Aaron Holliday, and they were like, Yo, this place is fucked up. Can we all get some roles? Can we figure out what our roles are? Hey, like, I don't even care what my role is, just can we get one? And not in Washington? My boys, No, we don't have a winning culture here. You don't get roles, you don't get organization, you don't get direction.
Speaker 2: You just go out there and hoop.
Speaker 1: We're gonna win thirty two games this year and we're gonna be in the lottery and we're gonna pick up I don't know, some random kid, Johnny Davers from Wisconsin. Kuzman didn't want roles, what did he want? Kyle Kusman wanted to hit shots. Kyle Kuzma wanted to take shots to the tune of twenty five of them a game, first to be a fashion icon and second to chuck so much that Beale and his other teammates were regularly pissed at him for ball hogging, and Ruey Hotchim Murray was supposed to be the guy, but Ruey Hachimura had his own mental health issues and they couldn't build around Rui. So what do they do? They said, I guess we'll take this Cou's guy. KU's got mad at Spencer Dinwiddie, from what I can gather, did some snake stuff started spreading rumors to the media like Kevin O'Connor, and before you knew it, Kevin O'Connor wrote, the Wizards want to move Dinwittie because he looks like a shell of himself and his teammates don't want him here.
Speaker 2: Holy shit shell of himself.
Speaker 1: I am no sleuth, I am no inspector gadget, but it does feel like the organization and the people who were at a deficit by accountability wanted to basically get the tree Shaker gone, so they besmirched his name. So the comments made from the Wizards pretty bad, pretty bad, could have damaged his entire reputation, could have cost him his career, damn near ruined his career. If it wasn't for his time for with the Dallas Mavericks, he might not have gotten a real opportunity. And I get that Spencer can sometimes say some crazy shit, and I get that he can be his own worst enemy. Sometimes we all can be. He recently said he has the petty side. He takes joy in the Mavericks collapsing because he has friends on the team. And you know what, they traded him and he didn't want to be traded back to cous I'm not sure though, that Kus is an honest guy. Do Kus want to win? Who's want to get paid? This KU's want to be the man? Well, he recently discussed this when he was talking about free agency. Here's what he said. It's not about the money.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get.
Speaker 1: Paid regardless of where I go here in DC too, but it's about where I work every day and where I can be the best version of myself aka, where I can chuck the most amount of shots that I possibly can. I can wear crazy outfits in the tunnel and I can be the guy. So good luck Cou's, good luck in Detroit, good luck in Indiana, good luck in DC, good luck on a place where winning is not the first and foremost issue or prior. You'll make your money, you'll chill, you'll look good, and you'll take eighteen shots a game. And here's the thing that people won't talk about is that these rivalries have two sides, right, one with the most social clout Coups and Spencer Dimwitie, who's kind of a weirdo. Everybody wants to take KU's side because Kuz has a huge following, YadA, YadA, YadA. But eventually the truth comes out. And the question that I have is if Dinwiddie was such a bad teammate and such as shell of himself, like, why would Brooklyn want him back? Why would they trade for him again? Why would they ask for him to come back in that trade? Why would coach Vaughan speak so highly and reverently about Dimwitti's leadership. Why can't you find anyone in Dallas who will say anything but good things about Spencer Dimwitddie. Why is it the only place that has labeled him some sort of malcontent, some sort of cancer, some sort of shell of himself. Is the one of the worst franchises of modern NBA Mint Memory, Why, like, think about it, Think about who's really at fall, think about what's really going on. I'm telling you, if it was like san Antonio who came out at Spencer didnt when he was a cancer and he's a shell of himself.
Speaker 2: Or like Miami, he'd be like, Okay, I get it.
Speaker 1: When Sam Prest he's out here saying, yeah, we had trouble communicating with this guy, I would sit.
Speaker 2: Up and listen.
Speaker 1: But when it's the Wizards, the Wizards and it's Kuzma, come on now, sidey, I'm giving you the side eye. I am skeptical. People see through it. As Barkley said, there's a reason most of the same teams are in the lottery.
Speaker 2: You're in and you're out. It's a culture thing.
Speaker 1: And when someone comes in and tries to shake the branches and try to change the culture, that toxic culture comes for you because they don't want people who point out problems. If you point out problems, you're the problem, and now Spencer didn whod He gets that and hopefully has learned from that too,