Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is Nick Shot, streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys Act. Now Here are Bill Jones, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: And it is a Tuesday here inside the SWBC podcast studio, and this is mcshot brought to you by Miller Lite. It seems more like Friday, though, because we've got a game on Thursday. And I've got one question right off the top, because it was so easy to get a parking place here today.
Speaker 2: It was so driving here today.
Speaker 3: Actually, and they after drive in the afternoon this week and it's like everyone's out Christmas shopping already or something. But the highways are flooded with people.
Speaker 4: I'm just realizing why the pluckt is.
Speaker 3: Because it's Thanksgiving week? Yes, solo place or something like?
Speaker 4: What has happened?
Speaker 3: That's my question. Do people in the real world, not in this fantasy world that we live in, do they just take off all week for Thanksgiving? I think back back in the day, back in the day, we went to school until Wednesday, absolutely, and then we got Thursday and Friday off whatever. But now obviously there's no school this week, and then do people just take off all week.
Speaker 2: That's why there's so much travel going on.
Speaker 5: Well, I do know that cowboy football players themselves microphone the holidays.
Speaker 4: The holidays mean nothing to us and our families.
Speaker 2: Working the last holiday, the last holidays July fourth, you're working all the rest.
Speaker 5: I never really had a Thanksgiving, you know, back when you play, you just never had one, you.
Speaker 3: Know the way then the way the NF that's right, even Labor Day you're working because they've started game week. For the mean, there's not a game. The NFL does not have games on Labor Day weekend anymore, but it's for the media and for nothing. The players will get off on Labor Day weekend, but they've got to be back to work by Monday.
Speaker 5: Labor Day, Christ Lady, Christmas, Labor Day, you labor.
Speaker 2: That's the first day of the season.
Speaker 4: Labor Day, you labor, and no other way to put it.
Speaker 3: So anyway, So it's a great time for tours here at the start in Frisco because there's.
Speaker 2: Some going on.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow. We just won a game, guys, I want.
Speaker 3: I would say for those of you coming into town tomorrow would be a great day to take a tour here, no absol. You might be able to tap on windows and see players and stuff getting ready for the game and.
Speaker 2: Get in Bill's way, so he loses his concentration.
Speaker 3: All right, It's a different schedule today because we've got the Mike McCarthy press conference coming up middle afternoon sometime this afternoon, right, and then practice is three thirty later practice I think, and then the locker room availability is like at five o'clock today, so so we push it back because of the short week. We did have Jerry Jones on the radio this morning and making some breaking news headlines across the country today. Would you like to fill us in, Mickey on what those breaking news?
Speaker 2: Which which one is the uh? The uh the fact that Mike Dorothy possibility that Mike McCarthy could be back next year?
Speaker 3: Uh huh?
Speaker 4: What did they say?
Speaker 2: That's what Jerry said, Oh, they asked him, and he said.
Speaker 3: They asked him if he's going to be back next year.
Speaker 2: They said, is there everybody's assuming he's not going to be back next year? Is there any validity to do that?
Speaker 3: And he goes So they were going through the back door to try to figure out whether yeah, because they probably already said it, right.
Speaker 2: It was like the question they.
Speaker 3: Ask him this way, Let's say that, you know, there's an assumption out there. Is he assuming the same thing?
Speaker 2: And they were, they were They were also proponents of tanking, right, So they asked that question too.
Speaker 4: I don't know, how do you think? How does that? How does that work? You just don't play? What?
Speaker 2: Yeah, people, because they're playing everybody right now, right.
Speaker 3: People, Yeah, you don't play ever since you don't play your starting quarterback, you play your backup.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, well what taking the You don't play.
Speaker 5: You don't play your foot and you know they don't don't tell your first two defensive ends we've been taking all year.
Speaker 3: If the Pro Bowler, the ones who made the Pro Bowl last year or any time in their career, they don't play well.
Speaker 2: And that's what happened last day. That's what happened. Five guys made the Pro Bowlers did not.
Speaker 3: But Cavante Turpin did play, and so that ruined the day. Oh yeah, yeah, he spoiled Cate. Cavante spoiled the draft as soon as we sit him down.
Speaker 2: So if you need to know if you need to know how to ask questions. Don't say, well, we think you should tank. Other people are saying you should tank. What do you have to say about that? That's right, it's other people, not us.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, other people. Be the guy next to them, yeah, the people this guy over here.
Speaker 2: And that's true too, by the way, when it was asked there they want draft picks.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: So what's the most memorable play that came out of Sunday's game against Washington. It's just sort of rhetorious, easy, Yes, it's turping Turpin right, all right, So let's just take it a step further that if if you want this team to tank, okay, and you're gonna sit all the players who couldn't actually win the game for you, then you would not have that moment of watching Cavante Turpin, and you would not have the moments where thirty one points are scored in the last three minutes of the game. There is value in the present, in what's happening right now, and forget about draft.
Speaker 4: It leads, it leads to unforgivable moments.
Speaker 3: Exactly, yes, right, so that there's a value in there.
Speaker 2: That's when Jerry then told his story about how important winning is in a game in the NFL, no matter what your record is, winning is important, and he and I've heard this story one hundred times, but he told the story about he's got a signed football from nineteen eighty nine, the only game they won, and he said, he's got it up on his mantle. He said, he said, I don't know why he mentioned Herschel Walker because by the time you won that game, Herschel was gone, right, I think because it was the ninth game of the season. You guys were owinging. And he talks about how he's got this ball, and somebody came up to him and said, well, Jerry, why do you have this ball on display? You only won one game, and he goes, because it was my first win as an owner, and we won a game, and I'm very proud of the fact that they gave me a ball for the win.
Speaker 5: And it means something to something different to every person, you know, to me, I played against Doug, you know, and to most of the guys out there, this is a right that was still a rivalry. So you know, everything that goes into that, it's it's still relevant.
Speaker 4: Uh, you know, got my only in.
Speaker 2: Session that season, that for that season, But you remember her.
Speaker 4: I remember that game.
Speaker 3: So we just brought it up. He talked about it yesterday. Yeah, so come on, man, I thirty five years later I.
Speaker 5: Got fifty seven, but that one. Without that one, I only have fifty six.
Speaker 2: And so people, Yeah, people don't understand if you prepare for something you want to win. How do you tell you tell Turpin slowed out, don't be real, don't.
Speaker 4: Do something great. He's gonna do something great this game because of what.
Speaker 2: He's a restricted free agent next year. He's got to worry about making money. You think Josh Butler doesn't want to play hard. It's a second NFL start in his career at twenty eight years old.
Speaker 5: By the way, I sent the video out to all the ladies in my family and there they're like, who the.
Speaker 4: Cool jazz, Oh the one that Yeah, send it out to the ladies of.
Speaker 3: The pretty brown skin. Yeah, yeah, he plays.
Speaker 4: You need to play.
Speaker 2: I mean, you think TJ. Bass doesn't want to play, well, you're gonna tell him to turn it down. He comes into the league as an undrafted free agent. He's a second year player, barely gets to play he's gonna play.
Speaker 3: His heart out.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean it's just ridiculous.
Speaker 5: It's hard to tank a game and everyone is not involved, right, you got.
Speaker 2: So many It's not like basketball, you only got five guys out there.
Speaker 5: It's kind of like you have the rumors out there. And I don't know, I guess true or not of Super Bowls that have been tanked, a big championship games that have been tanked, and I think they had a game that I was involved in. And so my thing is, I didn't get the memo. You know, don't I don't. You know, you gotta let everybody know.
Speaker 2: Like the Black Sox scandal, I didn't tell.
Speaker 5: All night, tell everybody, so you know, to be able to tank that. There was some games where they talked about the Super Bowl where they thought that Earl morrole the Coats.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jets coach yet super Bowl.
Speaker 4: They were saying that Earl mare through the game.
Speaker 2: Did did they make money for it?
Speaker 5: I said one of the players, I think Diacon Jones. He said that people, I think, you.
Speaker 3: Know, Dick would have been involved in that game.
Speaker 5: But who was the other big mean guy for uh, for the Coats?
Speaker 2: It was he was for the Coats, Big Daddy Lipskin.
Speaker 4: Bubba Smith.
Speaker 5: Bubba Smith said, if he ever sees Earl Morrell or something, he's.
Speaker 4: Gonna choke him or something.
Speaker 5: Really, I gotta find That's why I said when I said come out with stuff.
Speaker 4: You know, I have my truth. I have my truth. So if I'm wrong, I will admit it here on.
Speaker 3: The Airka, I'll go searching for.
Speaker 2: That, you know. And I'm sure there's people thinking, well, the Giants are tanking. No, they're saving salary cap money. Well, the reason they didn't want Jones to get hurt.
Speaker 3: And by the way, the reason that you tank is for what Yeah, and usually a quarterback, right, okay, and you've got your quarterback, okay. And by the way, there have been picks. How many times have picks been made in the top five that did not turn out to be good by various teams?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: And that was Jerry's point.
Speaker 3: How about how about Michael Parsons, Okay, who the Cowboys drafted, traded down and drafted one of the best players on the team, one of the best defensive players in the league. He hadn't got me yet, and had the Cowboys been and had the Cowboys pick fifth in that draft. Instead of that, they had the tenth bait and they traded down to eleven or something whatever they did from nine to eleven. All Right, if they had the fifth pick, they wouldn't have drafted Michael Parsons. They probably would have drafted a cornerback or somebody, you know, because of need. So just because you've got a higher draft pick doesn't mean you're going to draft a better player either the way they will shake out in the draft. I mean, look, how many good great players in this organization were taken mid to late first round.
Speaker 2: So anyway, it's a it's a dumb thought. It is, all right, So I could have picked a better word, but it's a dumb thought.
Speaker 3: What else did you gather out of? Was there another headline that?
Speaker 2: Uh see, that was two of them?
Speaker 3: Okay, so the tanking headline and the McCarthy headline, okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And and and just talking about how hard these guys have played. They not might have played well, but they've played hard. Uh. And the fact that they got all these young guys playing, and Jerry said that they're they're improved and they're gonna get better going forward for next year. That's important that you you know, you win some games.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: The other thing is, and Bill brought it up yesterday, they're playing two and nine, four and six, trying to remember whatever Marilina is and then Tampa Bay's got to Tampa Bay four and six, a winning record by the time the Cowboys playing.
Speaker 3: But your point is.
Speaker 2: There's there's there's teams of your own ilk that you're now gonna face and maybe you can win them. And it doesn't matter if it's home or away. I mean, if you look at the teams they lost at home, they're all in first or second place except for New Orleans.
Speaker 3: If you go back to the history of this team, because the Cowboys couldn't win on the road last year the year before, right, right, And if you go back and look at who they played on the road versus at home, it typically is the better teams they played at home this year and the better teams they played on the road last year. And so that is what was reflective of why you have a worse or better home versus road run.
Speaker 2: And it's like the perception that always was out there that the Cowboys had the advantage on Thanksgiving playing at home on a short week, right, Well, When they were good, they won on Thanksgiving. When they sucked, they lost on Thanksgiving. It didn't matter.
Speaker 5: Well, you know the thing about the media, it's just the way it goes. It's a stowy either way. Yeah, it's a stowy either way. Right, they can sit up here and throw out all of these rumors and give creetens to it. Ask him a question, no matter what his answer may be, Jerry or Kevin or Mike McCarthy, you're gonna be you know, they're going to overanalyze those words. And in the meantime, you're talking about people out there who are, like you said, trying to do their job. They're trying to carve out a living for themselves in the NFL, whether it's practice squad, you know, whether you're coming from another team trying to prove yourself. You gotta drag your family with you. And so there's all this speculation. But then you've got individuals who are going to be targets of those speculations.
Speaker 4: You see.
Speaker 5: So when that when you make a determination about an individual and everyone talks about how yeah that they give credence to that, So then this individual may pop out and undo all of that you know, by him being a stronger person.
Speaker 4: He got through it all.
Speaker 5: Whatever that was that you would throwing at him, Well, he's gotten through it all. Now, well, the media won't say, hey, man, well sorry, they're gonna say that's another story.
Speaker 4: So it's always a story, you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: You're gonna win either way as media, you know, And it's up to us to be the characters in the game, you see, because now it's like, well, let let's say Michael Downs, Michael Downson is he's not supposed to be here. He was't supposed to play as well as he did, you know, And they'll go over all the reasons that Michael Downs should not be a.
Speaker 3: Good or, if you want to put it in present day, Josh Butler.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, right now, we're going to all the reasons that Josh Butler should not be here. Well, all of a sudden, he comes in, he starts making plays forget that copy, right, I'm going ahead with this one, and you're going to contradict yourself in the meantime, and who knows, but they don't care. They don't care about the contradiction. They won't go back and say, oh, man, I was wrong, and the process.
Speaker 3: Of here's why, here's why this guy wasn't drafted. He can't do this, can't do this, and then all of a sudden he starts playing well, and well, he can't do that, he can't do this, he can't do that.
Speaker 2: Sort of like sort of like all the stories before the Washington game on how Washington figured it out. They know how to win, they know how to run their organization. They're so head out.
Speaker 5: There individuals on this team on why Washington's is going to do this right, So now you're selling this guy's reputation in the process, and then all of a sudden he comes back and he doesn't plays well. You might mention that he played well or not, it doesn't matter because now we're moving.
Speaker 2: On to the They went out, all the all the players left the Cowboys to follow Quinn, who, by the way, had it all figured out right, And then after the Laws, after the win, it's like, oh, well, look what these guys. Yeah, well what about those guys you said we're so good? They left? Well, they left because they made more money.
Speaker 4: Than narrative changes, just like that.
Speaker 2: How about this one? So the Cowboys lost five in a row, then they win one. Somebody asked McCarthy yesterday, You've always said that, you know, when you lose, it's you you get guys attention. But now that you won one, do you worry about getting their attention? Huh? Seriously? You know what his answer was. He said, we're still pretty far down in the valley of adversity. We got a lot of climbing.
Speaker 4: He's gonna lose control of the team.
Speaker 2: They're gonna eat the cheese.
Speaker 3: Look at us. Oh, they were a missed extra point away from overtime against Washington.
Speaker 5: And as you go back, you think about one in fifteenth season, could you imagine all of the stories and the ideas going through we ports heads on what to ask Jimmy now and what to ask Jermy now? You know, I mean, come on, man, just oh I'm surprised somebody didn't get into a fight.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Well, I won't get into it. We don't have time yet. But when we come back, I'll give you some real evidence of why they might still believe in that locker room when mix shots continues in a moment.
Speaker 5: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best Tell game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk exes and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit Cowboys Travel dot com to book your travel.
Speaker 4: I will package today.
Speaker 6: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto wants. That's why I trust Blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 3: Pruscott keeps it slides for the first down.
Speaker 6: Investlate your icons where everyone is a rookie crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 3: My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 6: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 7: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today YETI Official cooler and drinkware of the Day Cowboys.
Speaker 8: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 1: Demict Shuts.
Speaker 5: Tis the season for youth football and dance camps presented by invisilin. Don't miss your chance to learn from the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders at dance camps on December twenty seventh, and former NFL players at football camps on December and twenty seventh. Celebrate the holidays with the Cowboys at football camps on December twenty Okay, sell the Dallas Cowboys Holidays with the Cowboys exclamation point today at Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Camps.
Speaker 3: Oh, that was very well done.
Speaker 4: That was good.
Speaker 3: It was that got my attention.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 3: That's the whole point.
Speaker 2: Now, I would think I thought he was talking about tree lighting or something.
Speaker 4: Either way, it didn't work out.
Speaker 3: That's why I like a commercial on television if there's just silence, like, Okay, it starts off and then there's silence for like five seconds. Yeah, what will you do? What You'll look at You'll look at the No, you'll look at the TV. You'd say, that'll get your attention, right, rhythm, try something wrong with the TV. And then and then they got you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's when you come on when that's when.
Speaker 3: You shine, uh huh. And it's kind of like this Cowboys season. They got off to a nice start in Cleveland and then went quiet and even going up to the Pittsburgh game, Okay, things are all right, and then there was silence for like five.
Speaker 2: Straight games three and two.
Speaker 3: Right now, they've got your attention, yeah, okay, and I'm going to tell you why in that locker room they have reason to believe. How many teams make the playoffs. You got your four division winners, seven and you got three wild cards. Okay. So if you look at the wild card race right now at the NFC, you got the Minnesota Vikings, they would have the first wild card at nine and two, and the Green Bay Packers would have the second at eight and three. So who has the third wild card right now?
Speaker 2: Washington?
Speaker 3: That would be Washington at seven and five, a team the Cowboys just beat on their home field on Sunday, And if the Cowboys beat the Giants on Thursday, they will be exactly two games behind Washington for the third wild card spot in the UNFC at five and seven. The Commanders are at seven and five.
Speaker 2: Can I go further?
Speaker 3: Yes you can.
Speaker 2: So the other teams that are ahead of the Cowboys Arizona six and five. So these are the non.
Speaker 3: First, non first place teams teams in the wild card hunt right now.
Speaker 2: The Rams are five and six, San Francisco's five and six, Tampa Bays five and six. So when you're talking wild card at this point, it would be Minnesota nine and two, Green Bay eight and three, and Washington seven and five.
Speaker 3: So let's just say it continues to play out where all those teams play at that same level or roughly, okay, and the Cowboys go on a roll against these teams without a winning record, and they get to Christmas and they're basically at five hundred or it will be five three, three games left. They beat Tampa Bay right before Christmas. Now you're eight and seven with two games left, and you've got Philadelphia and Washington left play. Okay, The point is all they have to do before the last game of the season is if it plays out like we're suggesting it could, is be one game behind Washington going into the last game of the season, and they could be playing for a wild card spot because all they have to do is be equal with Washington. They don't have to be ahead of Washington because if they beat them, they'd have the tiebreaker.
Speaker 2: And that game won't be flexed the way everybody's suggested already. It's going to be flexed because it's not.
Speaker 4: Going to meet it has TVD, right, Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: But all of them are TVD right now, Well.
Speaker 2: There was another one that was almost one that they wanted.
Speaker 3: Now I'm telling about that weekend because they want.
Speaker 2: To Cowboys game. Could that be flexed? It's a Monday night game? Do they flex Monday Night? I don't think no, specially cowbolated networks want them play.
Speaker 3: Were within two weeks of that.
Speaker 2: Game, especially especially if they.
Speaker 3: Now, especially since the season was turned around on on Cavante Turpin's turnaround kickoff return.
Speaker 9: What a spin move it was. He spun the season around. Okay, so that's reason there is still hope in that locker room. There may not be a hope anywhere else, but in that locker room, there is still hope.
Speaker 2: So I won't go through what we did with the Giants, but here's the people that are on the Cowboys injury port.
Speaker 3: And he did this during the break. He went through the Giant's injury report.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I only recognized a couple names. Sorry, Now, somebody just looked at the Cowboys, would they recognize Deron Bland, Brandon Cooks, Trayvon Diggs, Jake Ferguson. He went to the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 3: All four that you mentioned have been to Pro bos.
Speaker 2: Eric Ricks.
Speaker 3: Been to a Pro Bowl. He's been to a Pro Bowl. Zack Martin he's been to several. Tyler Smith he's been.
Speaker 2: These are the guys that are on the Cowboys injury report. These are guys that have been to the Pro Bowl. Now, I don't know how many people know who.
Speaker 3: And that's not even counting the Dak Prescott's and DeMarcus Lawrence's.
Speaker 2: Because they're not even on the team right now.
Speaker 3: So yeah, all right, so who's playing on this?
Speaker 2: So my guess is awesome. Richards is out. He's got a high ankle spring. Yeah, he's got a high ankle spring. So probably a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Jake Ferguson as of yesterday was still in the concussion protocol. It's gonna be hard for him to get out of it in time. So maybe Cincinnati, Zack Martin on a short week, Tyler Smith a short week.
Speaker 3: They didn't make the trip.
Speaker 2: So now at least they got Tyler Smith as limited, so he probably has a chance. They also have Cooper Rush listed as limited, but Mike thought that he's got a little work to do, but he.
Speaker 3: Should be able to go. There's a knee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, issue, Brandon Cooks has a chance. They thought Brandon Cooks was going last week and he did too. He got to Friday and something just wouldn't right, and so.
Speaker 3: He made the trip though Diggs did not.
Speaker 2: Diggs did not and he was limited, and that said questionable and I got a big two question marks after questionable. You're questionable, you're not out, should be on the plane? Right, Well he wasn't just leave it at that.
Speaker 3: Maybe something happened on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Kendrick's probably got his normal day off. Marshawn Neelan ended up with a little bit of a We talked about him yesterday, c D say yesterday, I remember that he was going to get twenty some snaps.
Speaker 3: And he got nineteen snaps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and a lot of it.
Speaker 3: But he did and so he was fine coming out of the game. I think, okay, all right, so he can go again on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Sjordan Lewis projected him full after missing the game.
Speaker 3: You know he'll Jordan played.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh that's right, that was the week before. Yeah, sorry, Hunter Lipke, He's good to go. Calf Full.
Speaker 3: They played, so the rest of them. So my question is on the offensive line. It looks like Tyl where they may get Tyler Smith back at left guard on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Maybe not Zach right and so what what you do?
Speaker 3: So then TJ goes over and plays right guard for Zach Martin and brought Hoffman's your swing inside offensive lineman. And you've got Tyler Geydon who came out of the game four awesome Richards after he struggled there.
Speaker 2: In the second half.
Speaker 3: He came back in and and then he got another colleague okay, And then he also had.
Speaker 2: Tuma Atoga the swing tackle.
Speaker 3: Okay, So is there a chance in your estimation since Tuma has been injured all season, but he was ready this past week and now now he's the guy that takes awesome Richards spot as the next man in at tackle. So would they be as quick on the trigger putting Tuma into the game if Tyler Guyton struggles against Kevon Thibodeaux. Remember when Guyton went up against Thibodeaux the last time he struggled, And Thibodeaux just came back this past week from injury himself, but he played this past week.
Speaker 2: But that was what the third game of the season.
Speaker 3: That was into September yeah.
Speaker 4: And some of those calls were yeah a little bit.
Speaker 3: There was just some spin move activity that he was doing. Cavante turpin on him a little bit.
Speaker 2: It's like the holding call he got he got Sunday. I mean, guy, he's got the guy blocked and these guy's falling and he just shoves him to the ground and jumps.
Speaker 3: On kind of the Connor Williams holds or.
Speaker 2: The are the ones that Tyler Smith was getting his rookie year.
Speaker 3: Connor Williams.
Speaker 2: Don't go to the ground with them because it looks like you you held him and you threw him down. The guy was already falling.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 5: He's done, And that's that's kind of what happened in the New York game. He he was blocking him, but he wanted to really yeah, right, and then that's why he.
Speaker 3: Got to take them the mean streak.
Speaker 4: We'll take it out. You gotta know what when to apply. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he forgot to back off and tank right, right. Did you see how hard they were hitting on defense by the way, some of the tackles they were making flying right to the last kickoff return. No, I hope that guy's Goodler, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Your favorite.
Speaker 2: And you smell his name, E K E L E R Okay. I don't know where that E got in there between the K and the L, right, But I mean even in some of those tackles on the sideline when they were trying to get someone down, guys were flying in there. I don't know that I've seen that as much.
Speaker 5: There are times, man, when things just come together, and that's why that's why you gotta let everybody know when you tank.
Speaker 3: It was like the Giants were taking on Sunday right, the comments coming out of another locker room. I don't know they were playing soft apparently.
Speaker 5: There are times I talked to you about the Cardinals game eighty seven when when we got guys all out of position, everybody's hurt. We got Steve Dias at outside linebacker, guys that if you got, you got no Steve yass. It don't work. That does not fit. He does not run, you know, he he lumbers.
Speaker 3: But if you tak you tank for a quarterback. And the Giants have a reason to tank because they need a quarterback.
Speaker 4: You don't like the veto.
Speaker 2: Maybe it wasn't Oh, where we're going now?
Speaker 8: I was looking for the.
Speaker 2: Cardinals game.
Speaker 3: This year.
Speaker 4: He's looking for the game.
Speaker 3: Eighty seven.
Speaker 2: Now, it didn't talk to him.
Speaker 4: It was at close to the end of the season.
Speaker 2: It was still Saint Lewis then Sat Lewis card.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, you.
Speaker 2: Played them the first game of the season and the last game of the season. Maybe it was a different year.
Speaker 4: What happened in the last game of season?
Speaker 2: You beat him twenty one to sixteen. Yeah, yeah, that's the game with and Jeff.
Speaker 3: Ward and they were doing one.
Speaker 4: They were actually playing well.
Speaker 2: He was saying, who had to play out of the position?
Speaker 3: Out of position?
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, Like I said, it's like it'd be like putting me a strong safety when I played at worse than that, because I could have done decently. But Steve Diasti had never played outside linebacker. That's a that's a position of fluidity.
Speaker 2: You know, he maybe middle if he was playing linebackers, Well, yes, that's.
Speaker 4: What he's playing.
Speaker 3: He played.
Speaker 4: He's a middle linebacker. That's he is. He is all that. But when you switch it, that's like saying having.
Speaker 3: Block, he's to block him. He was the nineteen thirty five range middle linebacker.
Speaker 4: He's that Carr Baker, He's that.
Speaker 3: He's not he doesn't have the athleticism of a chuck.
Speaker 5: How he does that, he won't be He won't be a Ferrari. He would be a dump truck.
Speaker 2: You you lost four games in a row that year, that's right, and then you stepped on the gas the last two and beat the Rams and beat the car.
Speaker 4: With that group of linebackers.
Speaker 2: That's my point to get to seven and eight, to get.
Speaker 5: To seven and eight, So think about that. That's the comparison. But to that and now is pretty spot on, pretty spot on. You got guys all out of position and and they played well. They played welldos was was sniffing out plays with between linebackers and combos with with fullbacks and running backs. It was, it was, It was something to behold and.
Speaker 2: Thanks thanks to the replacement players, you got off to a three and one start.
Speaker 3: Look at that his Wikipedia Steve Diassi's Wikipedia page, and this this perhaps will paint a picture of what Steve Dissi looked like as a football player. If you ever watched The Flintstones, Yes, his nickname was Barney Rubble.
Speaker 2: I thought it was I thought it was red because.
Speaker 3: Beach ball. Beach ball was more than red because of the many shades of color. His face would turn in the sun.
Speaker 5: I hope you're not eating, but you know, when you're in the locker room, you see more than that. And there were more shades to come along with it.
Speaker 2: I never I think I there's there's only two guys probably on that team that maybe slept the most during the noon hour when we were in there, Diosse Yeah and too Tall.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and both of them for good reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they was a sleeping going on.
Speaker 3: One other note from the Wikipedia page on Steve Diassi. As described by Bill Belichick in a twenty eleven press conference, Dioce's ability to snap the ball and block in the same play was exploited by the Cowboys to spread the punt formations and use less blockers, revolutionizing the punt game.
Speaker 5: So true, okay, and his son followed in those footsteps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, Zach Diassi.
Speaker 4: Zhack dios just retires.
Speaker 3: In nineteen eighty nine, though Steve dis clashed with the new coaching staff that was brought in by Jimmy Johnson, was traded to the Giant.
Speaker 5: And when I say he was one of those players that didn't care what the narrative was when it came to his style of play whether he started or not. In most games, he didn't start. In New York, Gary Reasons was our one of our middle linebackers out of Crowley, Texas.
Speaker 4: He had a stadium named after him in Crowley. If I'm nothing sake, and he.
Speaker 5: Was injured, Steve comes in along with Pepper Johnson on Friday. When they way in they are about two fifty five. By the time the game starts on Sunday, there are about two seventy five. And we played up against teams that tried to run the ball up the middle. And this is the first time I heard the term bust the b and that's what they did. The guards were uncovered, they came out to meet our two linebackers and there was no getting past them. That was the most impressive streak of run defense I've ever been a part of in my entire life. That I think we went on three straight games without Reasons and Diosce was in there. I don't know why they didn't try to explore him more on passing, but they tried to run the ball and I could see it. They would hit the guards so hard. You know where CTE comes from. They would hit them so hard there was nothing in there. Barry Sanders was a victim of it. The Detroit lines was a victim of it. I saw Barry Sanders afraid. I saw him afraid. You could see it when you got the ball. He was not trying to run, he was trying to fall. I never seen anything like that. And Steve Diosse and Pepa Johnson. You put those two guys in the middle. You don't burst that, Bob, not at all.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 5: It was so impressive. We went on a three game UH win streak after we had finally lost a couple of games, because we thought we were going undefeated that year, but after we lost a couple of games.
Speaker 4: I think one of the two or three game win Street.
Speaker 5: Simply because our defensive linebackers played so well. And when he came down to it, Gary Reasons couldn't wait to get back and get his job back because he was about to lose it because of that, because of Steves and how effective we were playing against.
Speaker 2: Him, and leaving opened the door for another deep snapper character, Dale Hellesdale.
Speaker 4: I guess the all characters, right.
Speaker 2: I remember when he walked in the locker room and I was sitting next to Nate, and Nate's going, who are we bring it here? He didn't realize he was the deep snapper.
Speaker 5: He wasn't built like a line but right, build more like a trucker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they traded for him, I believe front because he was with the Raiders. Yep, that's right, and they traded for Dale hell Street.
Speaker 4: It wasn't mobility. He was made to just snap the balls.
Speaker 2: And it was always amazing when I saw him run down field and make a tackle.
Speaker 3: And he and he says a lot about the Cowboys. It's when your deep snapper has his own radio show. And that's says the America's tea. Yeah, that's right. And one other note on deep snappers, the diocees Steve diasan Zach Diassi the only father son combination to win Super Bowls with the same.
Speaker 4: Team, same team.
Speaker 3: That's all right, all right, we continue with mixed shots in a moment.
Speaker 7: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where YETI insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetie Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yettie dot Com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 2: Scott Kitchen slides with a first.
Speaker 6: Down, investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 3: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 6: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 5: Star Sports Tools is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the Team hotel, Attend the best tailgate party in Texas, tour the Star and talk ex's and o's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package.
Speaker 10: Today Cowboys Football and Miller Lite.
Speaker 4: What a pairing can cracks? A kickoff tailgates.
Speaker 10: Going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday mornings Swagger, Brisky and the Smoker. Miller Lyte and the Cup, the America's team playing America's greatest sports. Miller Lyte the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 1: De vict Shots.
Speaker 5: Capture a frameworthy family holiday photo with Santa at the Star Presented by Monument Real Time. Santa will be spreading holiday cheer at his Cowboys themed cottage in the Star District from November twenty.
Speaker 4: Two through December twenty fourth.
Speaker 5: For more information and to book your visit, head to and this is one Word Thestardistrict dot com slash Santa one word the Star District dot Com slash Santa.
Speaker 2: So he's gonna be there Friday night.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be there Friday night past Friday night.
Speaker 2: Might be going to a high school game there Friday night.
Speaker 3: Oh really it was playing.
Speaker 2: Highland Park and Frisco.
Speaker 3: Ready, yeah, right, that's gonna be a Randy Allen's Highland Parks guyes. They got a sophomore quarterback named Buck Randall.
Speaker 4: I saw that.
Speaker 2: What a great name.
Speaker 3: Right, all right, we got a couple of minutes left.
Speaker 2: Here, a couple things more from McCarthy. I guess it was maybe the game uh jan ye Tom mus mm hmm. He said, yeah, that was a no Moss play.
Speaker 3: Now who said that McCarthy one yet?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no Moss. He said he should have gone down at the ones you could because if he went down, then the clock's running.
Speaker 4: And I'm going to score. Bro it goes out, Yes, I scored.
Speaker 3: The thought would have run through your mind to fall down.
Speaker 5: I am not going to lie to you. It would not have even been run through anywhere I was going to score. I would have scored.
Speaker 3: Admitted that it went through his mind.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, It wouldn't have even gone through my mind.
Speaker 4: It would not. It would not.
Speaker 2: I said, if we can't hold him off.
Speaker 3: Well you got it in your own hands though, to stop the hill. Mary, Yeah, that would too, I guess, being a dB. Now having said that, about one ye there was the play on the goal line where an edge was not set the touchdown run. Yes, it was evident that defensive players immediately went to him and said, you gotta shut the edge.
Speaker 2: Parsons, I believe.
Speaker 3: And there were there were others too that were headed his direction, because I'm sure that's what he was thinking.
Speaker 5: Okay, we all know what we got to do here, and he assumed. I guess everyone's on the same page. We got to set the edge. He was part of it, but you know he was to set it.
Speaker 2: He was supposed to feel it taken out too, didn't get over you got he went instead of staying there.
Speaker 5: Well, if you go yet, you have someone there still to set the edge.
Speaker 3: But if it's your responsibility to set the edge in that situation, and you said, I don't think it.
Speaker 2: Was, well, the defensive end didn't help out.
Speaker 5: I think the defensive end was supposed to set it and he was going to make his move yet still hoping that's that edge would be set.
Speaker 4: That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 3: I'm just going off of Micah's reaction. I think it's Goldston too. They were both went in the direction of jan Ye and.
Speaker 4: Just knowing people.
Speaker 5: I don't think Parsons would be upset at someone unless it was valid, Right.
Speaker 3: That's what I mean. Yeah, Yeah, that's what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, Josh Butler did get a game ball, sound like he was going to be a captain this this week. All yeah, yeah, And I suggested this after the game. McCarthy was pretty even keel when he came in there, and I'm thinking, after I lost five games in a row and I win one like that, man, I'm coming in there like a storm, right, And I suggested he should have got up there and said how about them cowboys?
Speaker 4: But he No, this ain't the moment.
Speaker 2: That ain't his persontiality, and it's not a good timing.
Speaker 3: Yet, that's why Mickey, you're doing mix shots.
Speaker 2: That's right, and I can throw them out on mix shots.
Speaker 3: No, they're they're still in a valley of adversity.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's right, the valley of adversity.
Speaker 4: That's pretty deep, pretty deep.
Speaker 3: And they'll stay in the even with a victory Thursday, victory in the next week, and the victory the next week they beat, they're going to remain in the valley of adversity for a while. That's a good place to be in the valley of adversity.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll look at this. The veto was limited in practice, and Locke will get reps in practice. Better watch out for Drew Locke.
Speaker 4: I wonder if we'll have a leaddown.
Speaker 2: Guys, enough time to think about it.
Speaker 4: We're already down.
Speaker 3: The letdown would come to Nattie game get this one if you win this one, and now you got a oh weekend long, we got the mini bye. Decide that you're all that again. So all right, we're out of time already.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be here tomorrow ever since.
Speaker 2: All right, very good, and we have to leave on time tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Okay, you got an appearance.
Speaker 2: Star Star Sports Tour reception, so.
Speaker 3: You're the one responsible for these tours going everyone of the tours.
Speaker 2: Shake hands all the way out.
Speaker 3: The doors, coming out right, okay, and we will shout at you again tomorrow before the tour starts.
Speaker 4: I go, cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 8: What's the Jowler
Speaker 2: H