Speaker 1: You're listening to Talking Traders with Me Tamra Judge. Okay, you guys, welcome to our very first episode of Talking Traders with Tamra Judge. I am your host, Tamra, and I'm excited to recap the season of The Traders and give you my opinion. Yeah, that's my opinion of everything Traders. My co host today is a legend in the reality competition world. She's played Big Brother four times, played The Amazing Race, and One Snake in the Grass that is also a peacock show as well. Right, I want to welcome my Trader's co star and friend, Janelle Persina.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me, Tamra. I'm so excited to be here.
Speaker 1: Did you ever think that we were going to be friends when we started on Traders?
Speaker 2: So I always thought I would be friends with you. I most blondes don't get along, but I knew I would get along with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I knew the second that I had to hide your tracks in the back, I'm like in her hair, I'm like, we're going to be friends forever. There was a moment that, you know, everybody told me to be afraid of you because you're so good at competition games, and you know, being a housewife, I've never played a competition game before, and I didn't know. I really did not know what I was doing. Ye didn't. I mean it was obvious, but anyways, but I would always see your mind kind of working, like you would be sitting on a couch and you just be just dazing at the other side of the room, and I'm like, ah, she's thinking. This girl is thinking NonStop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was always playing the game. And I remember meeting you as well, and I was like, I had a really good idea that you were just a faithful so I was like, we can just speak open and honestly here. And I always loved talking to you and Larsa. I never trusted Charae, but I always did trust you.
Speaker 1: That's funny because there was a I had, you know, Charrey's one of my friends. So I had suspicion of Charay early on because she was acting different. Yeah, she was just kind of quiet and kind of cold almost, and I'm like, okay, something's up with her. So I put a question out on Instagram, just some general questions for us, and I'm gonna go ahead and ask you, Okay, they wanted to know. Did we know each other before filming? No?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, no, I mean I know I knew of you, of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I used to watch your old seasons with you and Gina and like a couple of fights, and I remember, oh boy, I don't watch the new stuff. So but it was nice because I did watch Ultimate Girls Trip at Derinda's house, so I got you and Phedra again and I was like, oh my god, I love them. So it was so nice. I think that's another reason why she right didn't really care for me too much, is I don't know who the hell she was.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, did you know going into Traders?
Speaker 2: So I had met Rochelle before. Obviously I played with Dan in seasonteen, I had met Sandra before. I think that's pretty much it for just meeting people in general. And then of course I knew who you and Phedra were, and I know who Larsa is because I actually have a really good friend of mine was on Real Housewives of Miami Joanna Krupa. Oh yeah, so, I mean, and I think I'm on like a cameo in one of the episodes or something. So, so you used.
Speaker 1: To live in Miami, I did. Yeah, see, if you were still in Miami, I think that you would be on the Real Housewives of Miami.
Speaker 2: Oh I would love it. Yeah, I think I know a great time.
Speaker 1: Well, I text Andy because actually Andy text me and said, oh my god, this show is so good. And then we just started chatting about the show and I brought up your name, and I'm like, she's so good. If there was a Real Housewives of Minnesota, you know who had to cast, and he said, she is so good. So yeah, maybe we can get on watch what Happens Live's.
Speaker 2: Let's try at anything. I mean, I know Minnesota's kind of boring, it's Midwestern, but it hasn't been done before, and if anyone can do it, maybe I can.
Speaker 1: Are you from Minases Yeah.
Speaker 2: Born and raised. Yeah, I lived in Miami, New York and Los Angeles and then I actually years ago I reconnected with like a college boyfriend and I ended up coming back to Minnesota and.
Speaker 1: You married him.
Speaker 2: I did, Yeah, wow, and.
Speaker 1: You got married? What in twenty ten? Did I read?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, three kids later, Yes, work in real estate. Yeah, I love it. What was your favorite part of filming?
Speaker 2: So, my favorite part of filming was always the breakfast. To me, it was very exciting. It was a very beautiful, like type of set. I just loved that. It was nice and bright. I love breakfast in general, so I just thought, Wow, I really enjoyed filming the breakfast stuff. It was fun for me.
Speaker 1: That was fun. I think it was. I mean, we're not exerting too much energy. We're just sitting in one room, so it's good.
Speaker 2: It is very suspenseful too, I mean you are, yeah, holding your breath.
Speaker 1: Knock on the door. Yeah, Oh my god, what do more paranoid? Big Brother? Are traders?
Speaker 2: I think traders did? I mean I was so paranoid, like I would just wake up angry from the day before and just start to spiral a little bit. It really did cause a lot of paranoia because it's so and I feel like in Big Brother, I could calm myself down and make like more I don't know, more calm decisions, more direct, more strategic, and take the time to like really think about things.
Speaker 1: Where don't you feel like traders like their goal was to make us feel paranoid?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean from the second that I got off the plane at the time I got into my room, they went through my luggage. They took my phone from me. I mean every like they're patting down my clothes, opening up my shampoo, smelling it to make sure I don't have I don't know what drugs or something in there, like I'm gonna drink my shampoo bottle. I mean, I started feeling paranoid from the get go. Yeah, and let's just not I mean unless you're in your you know, like I don't know the TV's on and the time flashes or the day flashes. You don't know what time it is, you don't know what date it is, and I'll never forget, like being on a mission in the Scarecrow mission and the producer was, you know, near me, and I go, what day is this? She goes, she looked at me, and she goes, I don't know. I don't know, And I'm like, okay, so we're not asking that question again. So there's a question. Would I do celebrity big Brother?
Speaker 2: No, you wouldn't. No. I think you'd be good to know that you've done traders, so you could do so well.
Speaker 1: To me, how long? How long are you in the house?
Speaker 2: Well, if celebrity is a lot shorter, it's just a month.
Speaker 1: Oh only a month? Yeah, five days.
Speaker 2: No, you do really well at it.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing. I am such a homebody. Yeah that I love being a home that. I mean, go on, let's go out to dinner. No, that's all right, I'll just cook it home like I love to be at home. So leaving my house for thirty days stressed me out so bad for traders, I really think that's why I got so sick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were sick.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, oh my god. Which people don't realize. Like the first episode, it takes it takes days to film the first episode, So I got sick probably after day two or three. I was literally yeah, I was literally out, and I was wondering how it was going to be edited. But I was out for four days. So we had some press days, we had a day off we had so I was, oh, I honestly thought it was going to die.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now let's talk about housewives. If there was a Housewives of Minnesota, yeah you do it.
Speaker 2: Of course I would love to. But again, I don't know where they're going to get this drama from. I mean, it's literally like random people playing hockey and they're just cold and miserable with their lives.
Speaker 1: That can piss off people, that can make them very angry.
Speaker 2: Don't you think I think so. I mean, I'm sure they could find some way to make it like very entertaining, but it's you know, it's it's really long winters there in Minnesota. It's just quite miserable. The summers are beautiful.
Speaker 1: Well, Salt Lake City. They managed to make it work, and it's yeah, if there's is there any other reality show that you'd want to be on?
Speaker 2: Oh? I think I should move up. I think I should move to Orange County, tam Or what do you think? Well?
Speaker 1: I would love that we have we have some filming to do next week and I have the opportunity to bring a friend. Can you just fly in and go with me?
Speaker 2: We'd love to absolutely. Yeah, it's helpswives. I think Dealer No Deal Island looks fun. I think anything with strategy, really anything where my mind has to work and I really have to think about things and I can take like a little bit of a risk. I am a little bit of an a dread and junkie, so I do like that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's next for you? Do you have something you have your eyeset on.
Speaker 2: You know, I really don't focus too much on TV stuff. To be honest with you. I am a businesswoman. I sell a lot of houses. I'm very involved with my family, so I don't really know what's next for me. If something comes up, I always consider it, but I well, no requests for like random shows.
Speaker 1: I bet you do. But now that you've been on Traders and you're back in the public eye, you know something else is going to come your way pretty soon. You know that, right would you do Big Brother again?
Speaker 2: I would not do Big Brother again? No way, It's just too long of a time period. They usually gun for me right away, Tamra. If you've seen the show, it's like really annoying because I've played more than anyone in our country, so they just got me right away. They're just like, oh nope, we got to go for Janelle. She's dangerous and so I'm usually out right away.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, see. I was afraid of that. As for Traders, but I didn't know that I was walking into some of the biggest gamers out there that I'm like, I'm a freaking nobody. I'm a nobody on this playing field right here.
Speaker 2: I feel like you had really good reads though, camera and you know, you could all I felt like you could always sense who the faithfuls were, and you were really you were nervous about poverty and Dan.
Speaker 1: Oh I knew Dan. You know how LARSA said she heard the top. Yeah, I heard Dan. I heard his It was his jacket, you know, yeah, Alan in the future don't wear such a starch jacket. So I heard yeah, because he walked around quite a few times. But I heard the jacket go up and I knew it was Dan.
Speaker 2: Well, Lars didn't even hear anything.
Speaker 1: Poverty was recruited, I know, which is weird, but I definitely heard that so anytime. But you know, he could have just moved his arm or whatever. But I heard that, and I'm like, oh god, I know Dan.
Speaker 2: You hear like every little thing though, because you're so stressed. That's what people don't realize. Like when John's breathing thing happened, Oh my gosh, I was like, I literally have to say something because the man was struggling to breathe right, And I you know, I'm trying to play like a quiet game. I'm like, I don't want to be that person. I don't want to say anything, but I'm like, I just have to.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't feel like you held back by any mean, but you know early on in the game, and we'll get into it in a minute, but you're just looking for any suspicion. You're looking for maybe somebody that's caught in a lie, maybe somebody that's looking nervous. You know, somebody's breathing heavy, because at the beginning, you don't know anybody, you don't know. I know. There's a couple headlines that have come out of from Traders being out just for what are we on episode four? Now? So The Trader Season two becomes Peacock's most watch reality premiere. I mean, that's amazing. Up seventy five percent from season one.
Speaker 2: Incredible.
Speaker 1: So that was a Variety article. It is in its first five days on the platform. The Trader Season two has become the most watched reality series debut on Peacock. The streaming reaches up more than seventy five percent in season one, I mean and season one run emmy, So I know, that's incredible.
Speaker 2: I think with the cast, of course, people are going to tune in. We all have so many fans and they're so different so different, so well, of course it's going to be crazy.
Speaker 1: I mean it beat out The Real Housewife's Ultimate Girls Trip. I know, Love Island, USA, Love Island Games, and Queen's Court, so it's huge. Another huge article that came out was Kate Chastain makes a surprise return to Traders for season two. I think you missed me is what she says when she walks in. I was actually shocked to see Kate come to play. Kate is one of the only people that knew that I was cast on Traders, and so I reached out to hers, like any pointers, any tips and anything. She goes, girl, it's like going to prison, and I'm like, what she goes. There's no talk in the outside world. You're you know, you're in it. It's like your mind's in it, your body's in it. You don't have anywhere else to look or go. And I'm like, Okay, thanks for making me feel better. But she's not the only familiar face that's back, big brother, doctor Will Kirby. Yeah, now I know, Doctor Kirby. You did did you date him?
Speaker 2: I mean we had like a little showmance thing going on.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: It's like just for TV purposes, Like I had a boyfriend, he had a girlfriend, but we were living together for three.
Speaker 1: Months, right, so you there was some sparks there.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was more friendship and flirting if anything. I think we both liked flirting with each other, and we were both trying to advance ourselves in the game. So he used me as much as I used him.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, I got it. Let's go on to the first episode. Okay, Now, so the first episode starts out players are meeting each other at the castle. CT and Trischelle were on the challenge together and did not get along. Michelle says trust is earned. Poverty and Sandra were on the same season of Survivor and Poverty loss. Sandra won. Now, I was in the car with Poverty. She was one of the first people that I met, along with Dan. He was also in my car, and we pulled up to the castle and Poverty looked over and it's Sandra in the car next door. And she just looked at her and gave her like the eye signal, like I see you, and she like went, oh my god, it's Sandra. So who were you most excited to get out of the jeep and meet or see.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm obviously a huge Housewives fan, so I loved meeting you and Phedra. I'm like a huge Vadra fan. I swear that's why they put me in her car. They must have known her something, because I think I tweeted about it. She and I got to know each other so good those first three days.
Speaker 1: That must be why you trusted her so much.
Speaker 2: I trusted that woman with my life. But yeah, I was excited to meet the Housewives. I was. I didn't know who Deontay Wilder was.
Speaker 1: I didn't know who Dante was either, no clue.
Speaker 2: I just know one in the cast except for Deontay, which is just sad. But I was really excited to meet Poverty. I had never met her before. Obviously, I have played with Dan. I was a little bit nervous at first, like, how is this going to work out? Because just like the people that you had mentioned, Dan and I have prior history as well. He was responsible for me leaving the Big Brother House.
Speaker 1: Did you keep in touch with Dan throughout these years?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I did keep in touch with him. It really wasn't his fault completely, but it was like someone that he was working with. Oh, it's a long story. I won't get into that, but yes, Dan and I always kept in touch, and even before I did my last season of Big Brother, I was like, are you going to show for this All Stars? And He's like, nah, I'm not doing that. And this one I saw him. IM like, god, I haven't seen him in like thirteen fourteen years.
Speaker 1: They looked different, Yeah he did. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we had history too, So yeah, to see how all those dynamics and all those relationships can kind of play out on TV.
Speaker 1: I don't watch gaming shows like I just I don't watch a lot of TV in general. So I really didn't know anybody if you weren't on Bravo or I knew of just because I've seen you know, he's been around for so long with Dancing with the Stars. Other than that, I really didn't know anybody. I've never even like to say this, but I didn't even know about the show The Challenge, never even heard it, never even heard it. But I don't have MTVS. That might be the reason I don't.
Speaker 2: Really watch the show either.
Speaker 1: But do you know the backstory about Trischelle and CT, like, because because she had said that they had he did something like that.
Speaker 2: Well she didn't. I don't think she really. She was nervous about both Bananas and CT because she just has trust issues with them in general. I mean, I think I don't know what CT did to her specifically, but it involved like a friend of hers or something and trishall the game. I don't really know the details, but she had some trust issues with him. Absolutely, were you afraid?
Speaker 1: Not afraid, I don't know, but cautious of her knowing her history on competition shows, Oh.
Speaker 2: Not at all. I knew that I wanted to align with her right away, so I was like, Okay, she's a woman just like me and we come from competition shows. I was like, me and Trischelle could easily work together, and we did. We started working together like right away.
Speaker 1: It's so weird because I didn't know who she was, but I got to know her pretty quickly. So sweet, so kind, so little petite, little tiny girl, and you think what she's like dangerous and competition shows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well she's a poker player too, so she's very strategic.
Speaker 1: I learned that.
Speaker 2: So she she's a big thinker and she plays it off. You know, she does her whole like ditsy thing or whatever like plays it off.
Speaker 1: Then the act isn't an act or totally is.
Speaker 2: It's just to get people's guards down with her. Yeah, she's a very good game player.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. So then the host Alan chooses the traders. Dan is the first trader, then Phedra is the second trader. And in my mind, because I watched season one, I thought there was three traders. Yeah, right, and then right and then and then Alan says, the traders are going to be pulling in another They're going to recruit somebody new. So in my mind I thought the entire time there was four traders.
Speaker 2: Me too, see I was always hunting for four.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Did you want to be a trader?
Speaker 2: Oh? I would have loved to be a trader? Are you kidding me? I thought for sure they were going to pick me. I was devastated when I wasn't picked. I was like, seriously, said, I'm like, how dare they? I know? Well?
Speaker 1: Uh? I did press with Max and he said, like, after I knew I wasn't a trader, I'm like, I'm just a sitting duck now.
Speaker 2: I mean that's kind of how it is. You are a sitting duck.
Speaker 1: Who did you think that Alan chose at the first round table initially, so my eye.
Speaker 2: Was always on Dan always because I'm like, okay, like they're going to pick someone that's like a big draw with strategy and stuff, and yeah, Dan's for sure getting picked or Sandra, Like That's what I was kind of initially thinking.
Speaker 1: I kept thank you, Sandra, Sandra, Sandra.
Speaker 2: It's and Poverty like those three. To me, I was like, one of for sure, one of them is going to be a trader, like for sure. So that that was my initial thing, and then I was kind of just watching everyone. I felt like I knew right away that Dan was a trader. I didn't. I mean I didn't know right away. I I gunned for the first mission thing like crazy, you know that because of the whole John thing. I thought I need this shield more than anything. I was vocal Junk could be.
Speaker 1: A trader, I know.
Speaker 2: So I went for the shield. But when I got back to the castle with everyone, I talked to Dan and I was like, he's a freaking trader. So I knew him day one, and I knew Poverty the next day because she was just not she was not she was sneaky, she was not sharing anything.
Speaker 1: So sneaky, Yeah, so sneaky. Okay, so the first mission, I'm out. I am in bed. I can barely get out of bed. I felt horrible, But now watching it, I'm like, thank god. If there's any mission that I didn't have to participate in, this is the one that I did not want to do. I hate water, I hate swimming, I hate being cold. How bad was it?
Speaker 2: It really wasn't cold or anything. They gave us a wet suit, which was really nice to them. I thought they would just throw us in the water, so really impressed about that. It really wasn't that hard. And I know, like for TV purposes, like, oh my god, you guys are tied up and the shields are The shield was like fifty feet away. You could just see it.
Speaker 1: Oh, you could see him.
Speaker 2: I got the shield in a minute and a half and I untied three people.
Speaker 1: But it also gave you the label of being selfish. Selfish? Is that what it? Yeah? Selfish?
Speaker 2: But like I mean, other people that untied themselves also went for the shield, but I had already gotten it.
Speaker 1: Wait, remind me who was the last one still tied? Was a burgie Burgie? Yeah, poor Burgie burglicious. He was so cute, so sweet, so kind.
Speaker 2: A little baby bird.
Speaker 1: I know, so you didn't have any like, don't even care. I'm getting the shield. I don't give a shit when anybody thinks no regrets.
Speaker 2: Peter and I had to talk before that because Peter and I were sitting like on both sides of John and like we both kind of are like, we're so screwed because we heard John breathe. We thought John was a trader. So I was like, Peter, we need shields, and He's like absolutely, So we were both freaked out. That's how I knew right away that.
Speaker 1: Peter was a faithful Were you okay? So I was a little bit freaked out about Peter because Peter is he was good at the game. He is good at the game, so I'm like, he must be he's going to be a trader. He's just too damn good. I right away confused, you know, So it's to me it was in confusing.
Speaker 2: I mean, they have to make some faithfuls really good and some really bad. You know, Kevin, So we're going.
Speaker 1: To talk about Kevin. We're going to talk about Kevin. But so the episode ends where Phader and Dan meet and Fadri like they meet for the first time and then Fader's like yes baby, and then you know, we go on to episode two. So episode two, Fadri and Dan have recruited Parvety as their third trader. Poverty accepts, but she won't know their identities until tomorrow night. Who would you have recruited to be a trader?
Speaker 2: I would have recruited Dan. Here's why. That man is always going to be under a spotlight and very suspicious. And I felt like, if I was a trader, I'd recruit Dan because Dan has the I would have played a totally different game by the way, tamer, I would not have been going for shoot, that's for damn sure, and I wouldn't be so you know, trying to find traders and so annoying. But I would have recruited Dan because if he were to leave the game and say I am a trader, I would have skated through. People would never think like why would there be two Big Brother players? So it would have taken the spotlight off of me absolutely.
Speaker 1: Going into it and knowing that you did not get chosen as a trader, by the way, that's kind of like, did you ever feel like, really, why didn't you choose me?
Speaker 2: Oh? Absolutely, I'm like Dan, seriously. Not only that, but like Harvedy didn't have any friends in the house.
Speaker 1: You know, no Faeder made that well known. Nobody likes you, I mean poverty.
Speaker 2: I feel like I feel like Trishelle and I were Harvedy's only friends if everyone was so after her and they were just like, she's a trader. So I feel like it really wasn't that great of a choice because he could have recruited someone. And I'm just saying like, oh, you should have recruited me. But anyone that was more social in the game, like Trishelle would have been a great recruit people. She had friends, you know, and she had intel from other faithfuls. That's the thing when you recruit, you want to get that information from the faithfuls and who they think is a trader?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And now did you did you think in your mind, because you you come from a game, you know, gaming, did you think there's a housewife, there's a gamer, and there is who knows? Because we have we had a few people that weren't on reality shows, like Deontae.
Speaker 2: Right, I thought for sure someone from Bravo I mean, but obviously, as the game goes on and you guys will see, but initially I was like, it's got to be someone from Bravo. It's got to be someone from like The Challenge or Big Brother or Survivor, And you know, I just really looked at those people such a question mark in that game for me.
Speaker 1: Did you know who Eckensue was?
Speaker 2: I had no clue who she was.
Speaker 1: Nope, somebody just sent me a DM you know, people crazy, They're like, oh my cousin dated her, but her name was Susie. Oh interesting, and I'm like, okay, whatever, Okay. So we're so the next morning, everyone meets for breakfast. This is our first murder, and it is Johnny Bananas. Do you think murdering Bananas first was a smart move on the game?
Speaker 2: I can see, well, okay, so maybe for my game personally and some others, it would be a good move because he's just so good and I.
Speaker 1: Felt like, but he was loud.
Speaker 2: He was loud. The thing is is, I'm pretty sure Dan saw how charismatic he was and how popular he was. And we were all sitting in that billiard's room and Johnny was playing the guitar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he was singing people and he's very likable.
Speaker 2: He's very likable. He had everyone watching him like he was on a stage.
Speaker 1: And well, he demands a lot of attention.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I like that to a trader is dangerous in the game because you have the ability to get everyone and say I know who a trader is and we're coming for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So being loud and obnoxious, he was often obnoxious. Do you think that's a good strategy.
Speaker 2: I don't think being loud and obnoxious isn't a strategy at all. But I think that that's just Johnny Bananas. He commands a lot of attention.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it obviously did not work for him.
Speaker 2: I just I was quiet, like Dan, that's not going to work with him. You know, would I have murdered Johnny Bananas?
Speaker 1: No, you know, I'm sure the producers were like, no, not him. He's so entertaining, I know, you know, for from you know, producer's mind, like he's so entertaining. Oh my gosh. But this I would have to say, this is the first show that I've been on that you do not I mean, you hardly see a producer. And they told us that going in we Are hands off off.
Speaker 2: I had no idea it was like that, especially those round tables. Gosh, that was stressful.
Speaker 1: Well what was that song they played to us? It always from the Hunger Games, right, Yeah, Hanging Tree or whatever, Hanging tree. So we would literally sit at the round table and look at you because you were right, We were right across from each other. And it's I mean, it's a beautiful room. It's dead silent. Cameras drop from the ceiling, and then all of a sudden, it's like a camera that goes rotates around the room. It gets close to our face and nobody's talking, and they play that song. I mean obviously they can't air it, but they play it and it just puts your mind in such like the weirdest place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's to stress you out, and it's super creepy.
Speaker 1: It's so creepy. But oddly enough, like when I got home, I would I played that song. I got so used to hearing it I would play it. I'm like, what is wrong with me? So in the next mission, the players have split up in three groups. Each group will follow a separate path and answer questions about their fellow players. The scarecrows are the possible answers. If you're correct, it will open the next question. The first question, whose opinion do you value the most? Larsa or Marcus, I mean all teams shows correctly. They definitely said Marcus. I mean Marcus is. This is the first time I've ever met him. I know Larsa, but he is such a voice of reason, He's so calm, he's such an old soul. He's just such a cool dude. So that that was an easy.
Speaker 2: Wait, guy, I really liked him.
Speaker 1: Now the second question, I take great offense too. Who is the most popular player? It wasn't us, so how so how that happened was when we we got to our rooms that night, there was a questionnaire on our bed and it had all these questions. We had to vote, and the votes were basically the answers to our next mission. So it was between Deontay and Peppermint, which to me, it was kind of a weird. Weird. It was weird to me. I thought, like Phaedro for sure would have been on there because Fadri's such a big personality and everybody, everybody, I mean, I don't expect my name on there. Because people think, oh my god, she's a raging bitch. But I definitely thought Fadri's name was going to be on there for sure.
Speaker 2: I actually did vote for deonce.
Speaker 1: Did you vote for Deontay? I had just met him.
Speaker 2: Oh he's just such a nice He's the guy, and he's so smiley and kind, and it's like, oh my gosh. Yeah, I definitely picked Deontay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that I did too. Now the third question, who needs to speak up more? Dan ur cherat Oh?
Speaker 2: Dan? Absolutely? I voted for Dan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was pretty quiet, quiet through the entire time. Now, Dan is the only one to find a shield and the team earned sixteen thousand dollars. Now, looking back, does Peppermint being more popular make sense? Do you feel like there was somebody else there that was more popular Pepper?
Speaker 2: I feel like Larsa was actually popular.
Speaker 1: Yeah she was.
Speaker 2: Larsa was very popular. She's an alpha, but she is still very popular and everyone always tried to hang out with her and be around her. So I would say, I.
Speaker 1: Knowing Larsa, I saw her in a totally different light on the show, really totally different. I'm like when she was when I first saw her I'm like, oh, because she's kind of she's quiet at times and she's not very like she's not in your face, but oh my god, oh she was. She was so vocal. It was so vocal.
Speaker 2: But yeah, needing the charge, like let's go.
Speaker 1: Okay. So John is running full force and running.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't. When John's running and running in his mark, I don't know, he's like a penguin almost like that. I don't know. But he falls on his face, like literally slides down, pops back. But you know what, he was pretty fast runner.
Speaker 2: He was incredibly fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, but the entire scene was hilarious and John like just full sprint while I ask him, do you have an inhaler?
Speaker 2: But you were like coughing to you. I wish I had?
Speaker 1: Do you have an inhaler? So funny, which I actually, you know, being as sick as I was, I had a medic and a doctor that was checking on me, and they gave me antibiotics and an inhaler and all that stuff. So I stupidly left it because we didn't really carry purses or anything. So I left it in my room and I'm I'm like dying and I'm Like then I thought, strategically, this is a good move, this is my housewife move. I'm gonna ask John if he has an inhaler because he had said he had asthma. Now, if you have asthma in your breathing hard at the round table after you took your blindfold off, you have it bad where you have an inhaler on you, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it's literally in your back pocket because you're gonna go on a run.
Speaker 1: I mean, m hmm. But that that whole scene of us at the round table talking about it went viral.
Speaker 2: It's more funny than anything. But it's just like, that's what makes the show so good is like we have nothing to go on, and like John's breathing was like the biggest thing at the castle that we could even talk about or think about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, guys, you have to understand, we don't know we don't know who the traders are, so we're looking for any clue. Are you lying? Are you breathing hard? Are you blinking too hard? Are you overacting? Like? What are you doing? That is? I don't know, it's just but anyways, So the episode ends, Faeder Dan Parverty meet for their traders meeting, Dan wants to see if Poverty reacts and know, you know, how they're doing as traders. Poverty is absolutely shocked. My question is why do they call Parverty the Black Widow?
Speaker 2: So she is part of the Black Widow Brigade and one of her main alliance members was Surree who won Trader season one, and it was actually Sirree, who is a strategic, you know, mastermind in this she was the head of the Black Widow Brigade, but Poverty was like her number one soldier that would literally take these young men and get them to do anything to give up their games so they could get them out of the way and win the game. And Poverty yea, yeah, Okay.
Speaker 1: Moving on to episode three, it starts out with Poverty has joined Phaeder and Dan as traders. They debate on who to murder Partoni suggest Deontae, Dan suggests Marcus, and Phaedri suggest Chanelle. Now this is the girl that you have rode hard for Janelle. Phaedra wanted you gone. How does that feel?
Speaker 2: You know, I'm not surprised. I think I think she was probably maybe a little fearful if me and I don't know why, I mean, I would have protected this.
Speaker 1: Woman at all cause but now, looking back, do you feel like Phaedra was playing you?
Speaker 2: I I don't know, I really don't know. It is a whole heart that everything that she said to me was true when she would come up to me in the bathroom tell me that she's got my back, and like, I want to believe that's.
Speaker 1: True, but it's Isn't it so hard to banish somebody even though it's a game that's praying over you all the time?
Speaker 2: Oh? Absolutely, Yeah.
Speaker 1: So everybody enters the breakfast in the group, Marcus has been murdered. Marcus says in his interview he was too much of a threat and people were jealous he had larsa Now, I was concerned when I saw Larcus, Marcus and Lars alone together because I felt like as a strategy, that's people would want to break him up. Do you think that Marcus was the right move to murder?
Speaker 2: Yeah? They absolutely had to be broken up. Yeah, I mean it's you have to. They're together, they're going to vote together, and you know, the Bravo people, there's a.
Speaker 1: Lot of the Bravo people. You know, it's all over social media.
Speaker 2: Now, I mean you guys had like a whole group and Ecinste was trying to get in there too, So I mean, I can see why the traders would, especially Dan and Poverty, would be like yeah, probably.
Speaker 1: Well. Then we arrived at the graveyard, which probably is one of my favorite missions.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: The mission was to find goal. We were they will bring the gold to the willbar and added to the prize fund. There were three shields to be found. I found one. Yeah, son't you The players will be eliminated if they walk into the searchlight. I think it was cool. We did it in the middle of the night, which you know was crazy. John is the first one out and we were dying laughing because they didn't I don't think they really showed it, but he literally was. It was hilarious. He was caught by the light and then he kept going and he did.
Speaker 2: These little like a cat burglar.
Speaker 1: Yes, he kept moving and we're like you're dead, and he's like huh, We're like you're dead. And then Bergie gets eliminated. But Bergie figures out the patterns of the lights and he's helping us as we're out there. I find a shield. Peter actually helped me with the shield, and that's where I really started trusting Peter. And then Peter got a shield, and then you got a shield too. But let's talk about your shield, because yeah, because Ekin Sue said she had the shield. But we obviously see now from the footage that it was obvious that you were there before Ekan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Peter and I. Peter and I were also working it, just like you. He's such a nice guy, and he was like, Janell, do you want a shield? I was like yeah, he said to me, yeah, and so he said, okay, let's go, and so we ran over there and he starts knocking it the thing on the whatever, the little shield symbol and eck and Sue comes behind me and she's like, got her hand on my back. I'm like, girl, I was here way before you.
Speaker 1: Now. She told me that you elbowed her really hard, bitter and hitter and bitter and all these things.
Speaker 2: Bro, I didn't touch you. My hand was on it. She tried to come in and you can hear her kind of brunting in it, like, ah, there's no way she was getting that first.
Speaker 1: But it's so crazy because the overacting on her part because I didn't see it really pay attention to it and see really what happened. But she was like, oh my god, like you know, I was there, I had it and she hit me, and I'm like, oh my god, this Janelle is horrible.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking, like, this bitch is crazy. Janelle is to go meanwhile, like I was there way before her and the entire time, like I walked up on her. I told you this, Tamera. I walked up on her telling the story to Larsa and I saw her go like this. I'm like, is she seriously talking about me?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: She was.
Speaker 1: She was, and I love her. I think she's so sweet. She's so cute. But I'm like, girl, that did not happen.
Speaker 2: It screwed up my game for sure, be cause I was like, dude, I'm just going for a shield to save my life. I was almost murdered the night before I came into breakfast freaking last so of course I'm going to watch a shield. But you freaking fader try to murder me the night before, your.
Speaker 1: Best friend, the one you trusted your life.
Speaker 2: Now, I felt like I really needed it, and she was just like really, now out light on me again. I'm like, I do not want to be like, That's why I was like when people would ask her, I was like, it really wasn't that big of a deal because it wasn't that big of a deal to me.
Speaker 1: But she made it a big deal. Do you think she made a big deal that was part of her gaming?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think so, because she would have said that on the show. I think you know how when you compete and you you lose or something, and your mind creates its own reality, yeah or whatever, and you're just pissed off, and she just felt like saying that I took it from her.
Speaker 1: So next we're at the round table. Dan says he's a faithful and it takes some time to open up. Larsa says that Dan's calmness is uneasy to her. Max says that the conversation between eck and Sue and Janelle was strange. Ecken Seue says Max has taken the attention off of him. Deanta says Max switched up on him and started acting suspicious. Max is banished. But is it faithful? You said Deontay changed her mind? Who were you initially going to banish?
Speaker 2: Oh God, I was gonna write Ecnsue's name down. I thought it was so weird that she was like targeting me and making up lies. I was like, you are freaking nuts. I thought she could be a trader, because why would would you do all that? Why would you you know, it's just crazy.
Speaker 1: Deontay changed my mind as well. I was he was so convincing. I was initially going to vote for I think Kevin because Kevin just bugged me. Kevin just ate with his mouth open. I didn't even care if he was a trader or not. I just wanted him gone. Yeah, he was just so annoying to me. They have to choose someone to murder with a poison chalice right here, and it's hidden in the library. Parverty and Dan debate on poisoning either John Chara or MJ. Party and Dan decide to go behind Phaedra's back to poison Charat. Parverty enters the bar with a chalice. Padrin noticed. She sets the cup in front of Ai Charat. Vadri says, she knows this is a game, but Shre won't be murdered on my watch. Well, I know. Parverty leaves the bar and enters the kitchen. She places a child. It's next to MJ. But Parverty doesn't think she'll drink out of the rest of the yellow cup. Poverty is trying to figure out who in this room will drink this cup. Now, you were in that room. She did not go towards you, but you saw this go go down. You saw did you ever think like we we I mean, we talked about this. We thought maybe it was Larsa because Larsa did the cheers thing. We're like, yeah. And then I thought maybe it was Kevin because Kevin was eating everything in sight that night.
Speaker 2: So I was like, well, if you remember, we were all at breakfast, Alan says in plain sight, and I thought it meant in front of everyone. That's why I honed in on the Larsa thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone, it made sense to me, made everyone.
Speaker 2: Drink, and I might on that. I'm like, that's gotta be that's a little strange, weird whatever, And that was all I could come up with. I didn't think that it could just be like a few people in a room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you think it was shady of them to try to go behind Fader's back? Is that something you would have done?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have went behind Padra's back. I mean if I were a trader with her, I probably wouldn't be being so devious and stuff. I really just like Fadra, you know that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, Now, Episode four is probably my favorite episode so far. It was so good. So it starts out with ecken Seue says when she leaves a show and finds out who the trader is, she will f them up hard. Parvety gives the cup for ecken Sue to drink. Ecken Seue tells Parvety that she loves her and would never think she's a trader. Parvety adores eck and Sue, Sure she does, okay, so it's not okay to murder her this way. Allen announces Deontay has left the game. Now, we were all sad to see Deontay leave the game. It was definitely emotionally too hard for him. And you guys, you have to understand, like this show is so emotional and it so like gets in your head. But I mean, it was sad to seem leave the game. But you saw him crying. He was crying. He just set yeah in front of.
Speaker 2: Us, and so he was really struggling with like this game and how it affects your emotions, and he's a very emotional guy, so yeah, just take it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we were sad to see him leave. He wasn't murdered or banished or anything. He just decided that this game wasn't for him, which I totally get. But watching this back, did you have any idea that poverty was poisoning acind because it happened right in front of your face.
Speaker 2: I had no idea. I honestly, I was still trying to think about this ecnsue in the round table thing, and I was I was pretty pissed at Yeah. I was like, dude, seriously, Like I didn't even want to be in the same room with her. So I really wasn't watching her.
Speaker 1: Yeh, gotcha. Now, Janelle, I'll have a bone to pick with you. So you say, if Phaedra left, you would not be okay, But if any housewipe left, then you would move on with your life and you wouldn't care it what it cares.
Speaker 2: I would care about you. Larsa not so much, because like I was not that I like Larsa, but I wasn't like working with her. Working with her. I felt like you and I worked together, and I worked with. I didn't have anything to do with sure a minute, like an ounce of game with her, like I always talked the game with you and Faedra and Larsa and MJ. You know I just like I said, those first three days in that car, you get a connection with something you know. And I should have known better, but I trusted that woman with my life.
Speaker 1: Somebody said at around not at a round table, but they'll breakfast. I can't remember who it was, and they said, just keep in mind because every time we went on a mission we were broken up into different teams. There's always going to be a trader in your car. Yeah, always going to be a trader in your car. And you think back, like, oh shit, Like what did I say? What did I do? But CT noticed that everyone from Bravo is still here, so he is sensing a pattern. And this is when CT kind of changed for me. He was so nice and so sweet to me, and then all the sudden, you guys, yeah, and then all of a sudden, it was housewives, housewives, housewife. It has to be a housewife. You say that the Bravo people are clickie. Did you feel like the housewives were clique? Because I didn't really feel that way.
Speaker 2: Oh, I said that when I'm describing everyone, I felt like, you know, and I'm just looking at things black and white. I feel like Ravo was together. Yeah, Faithful Alliance was together, and the Gamer Alliance was together. And so I was just when I was in my confessional describing everything, I was just trying to see how I fee into those alliances when I was describing things, and I felt like I was in multiple alliances anyway. I mean, I had a Aedra, I wouldn't have voted you out, Shara, I would have voted her out in a second.
Speaker 1: I did not trust Charay in this game, and I don't. It's so weird. And she wasn't.
Speaker 2: Really trusted MJ. I really trusted MJ.
Speaker 1: And I was of MJ a little bit because she was anybody that's super vocal. I was so like suspicious of because my whole strategy was to go in there. Obviously I was sick. It was kind of God's and I lost my voice, which you guys don't know. For four days I had no voice none, like couldn't even speak. So this was God, God's way of telling me to shut the fuck up. But so I you know, it's not my nature to go into a situation and just like observe and be quiet. I'm usually super vocal, and I thought, oh my god, people are people are going to expect me because I'm a shitstirer on my show, They're going to expect me to be a trader. So I have to go in there like quiet and you know whatever. But there was definitely definitely suspicion.
Speaker 2: To tell for me of why people weren't a trader and why they were. I would always go by people that would talk game with me, Like I always talked to MJ about the game on who we thought the traders were. Yeah, I would always talk with you about my dumb theories on anything. Yeah, I had housewives theories on why a housewife wouldn't be a trader and why I think it's a man and all this stuff. And there's certain people in the game that I didn't talk game too, So those were always.
Speaker 1: Do you know that Phaser would never talk game. I actually called her out on it. I'm like, you never talked game, it's starting to be a little suspicious, But she always talked it with me. That's so, it's because you're a gamer. She's smart. She's smart. I mean, you calling Kevin a dumb faithful was hilarious. I'm just gonna say that hilarious. I know. Okay, Okay, they are missing mj eckin, suit and John. All three of them ended up walking in to breakfast. So this is in the morning, we got the knock on the door, missing mj eck and suit and John. So Dan Parverty and Phaedri's reaction to Echan walking in knowing the Parverty poisoned her the night before, we're so obvious. They were just like.
Speaker 2: What what, Oh my god. I was like, Okay, this isn't Why did I know?
Speaker 1: Why didn't we see that? Because we were just like, we were so not focused. I know in the room, I know, I know they are told that one of them will die today since yesterday one of them was poisoned by the traders. Now I really did think it was Kevin, because Kevin was eating everything in sight. I swear to God, he was just and then he'd eat and food foul of his mouth. And I was just like, oh my god. When Allen announced that somebody was poisoned, I mean, our minds go wild because you have to think about the night before what happened, Yeah, what happened?
Speaker 2: Like you were immediately like the Wheelsworth's turning where like, what in the hell are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Well, even like the traders Worth run for a loop too, because they were like, wait, did I poison her? Did I not poison her? Like what the hell is happening right now? And I think it was really funny that Poverty poison Echin right in front of Dan, but Dan still acted like you didn't even see it. Yeah, I'm like, is that an act? I don't get it. Parverty tells Dan that everyone thinks eck and Sue is a Trader and will freak out when she is dead. Dan doesn't think he can win the game without Phaedra. In the Trader's conclave, he is working on using Poverty to take a shot at Phaedra. Now I feel like that was a pretty dangerous game. I don't know. I just I always thought when we went into this, like the Traders weren't supposed to go against the Traders. But now it's getting to a point where Dan's like, Phaser needs to go because I need to win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you look at the alliances and the numbers. Something's got to happen in the next two banishments.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then, let's face it, we weren't doing well getting We have not gotten rid of one trader at this point, and it's like so frustrating. So Me, you and Peter all have shields and I mean, this has to be one of the coolest visually missions that we have, if you called a mission that we've ever done. I mean, we are in this procession funeral, like all dressed in black. I mean, it's just crazy. I'm like, this is how I want my funeral to go down.
Speaker 2: It totally I want this when I die.
Speaker 1: I know. And so we literally are like, okay, this is awesome, like, oh my god, we're walking. Well, actually we're sitting and we're safe, so we don't have to worry about it, and so we go. There's clues. The first so it is who does Johnny trust the most, and the answer obviously was Toshelle and CT. The second clue was we're players that were born in the same year, and you know that went down. Then Sandra says she is shocked. This is what's I mean, Sandra, this is the shadiest thing she's ever said. She is shocked that she's the same age as Larsa because she thought Larsa was ten to twelve years older than her. I'm like, I, well, Sandra is horrible. Third clue were players who were on a team in Red, So got that Parvety, mj ATK and Sue with the last three standing. So it was like, you know, there's three of them left. We are standing to the side at the moment, and Parvety looked at me and goes, oh my god, is it me? Am? I Am I gonna die? And I at that moment it was the worst acting I've ever seen. And she even said in her inner I was doing method acting. I'm like, no, you were doing shit acting because it was so obvious. That's what gave it away from me, right there. You are a trader. You're a trader.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally always knew she was a trader. I was just trying to find the other traders I know.
Speaker 1: So that night at the roundtable, Janelle says, you say it was suspicious that Larsa said cheers to Marcus at the breakfast. Well, it's the only thing we really had to go on, honestly. Between that. In Kevin's bad eating. You think the cheers was weird, and Larcia says, I think you're weird.
Speaker 2: Weird because I went for a shield and I almost was murdered the night before.
Speaker 1: I think how selfish you are is weird. Well, it's part of the game. Poverty says, actors and housewives have the capacity to perform this part. Larsus says, we don't act, we live our lives. Major tells Parvety that we are not a gang because they were all like put into this like housewife Bravo gang, which was not true at all, says it appears that way. Why do you go so hard to banish Larsa? What made you think she was a trader?
Speaker 2: I honestly didn't even think. I mean, I thought she could be a trader, but I also felt like it just she wasn't a trader. I banished Larsa just due to the numbers alone. I was like the second that she turned to me and said, let's vote out CT, it made me really nervous, because.
Speaker 1: Did you ever suspect CT I did.
Speaker 2: I wasn't ready to get rid of him yet. So she turned to me and you were we were all standing there, and she said Jane, let's come on right now, let's vote CT out. And I was like, who wha, whoa, I am not ready to vout ct out.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I didn't vote for Larsa. I wasn't ready to vote Larsa out. I had conversations with her and I felt like she's not a trader, like I just I just knew she was not a trader. And then she, Larsa says she's been a faithful since day one. And then obviously we know what happens. You know, she gets up there and she gets banished, and she's not a trader. I mean, yeah, she's a faithful. Now, if Sharie and Larsa would have voted Kevin, if they would have voted Kevin, that would have been that he would have been vanished instead.
Speaker 2: Well, now, what in the world, what if should we think Charie? What is why didn't she vote for Kevin?
Speaker 1: And I don't know, I have no idea because that.
Speaker 2: Would make them like, let me ask you something. Did you guys have like a solidified like, hey, the five of us are together, we should vote together alliance.
Speaker 1: And the funny thing is is that like the four of us, was it four of us five of us. I don't know, we didn't really even five. We didn't even really talk game. We really didn't. We didn't even really stick together.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: To me, it was like okay, like there was no like listen, you know at that point in the game, we're all trying to figure out who's who. So what. I feel like after this episode people start coming together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I.
Speaker 1: Have your back, Yeah, my back. I'll be your eyes, I'll be your ears, Like, let's you know, what's a line. I feel like the first few episodes, everybody's just trying to figure out what the heck is going on.
Speaker 2: It's horrible.
Speaker 1: It's horrible. It's hard.
Speaker 2: Me. I was like, I felt honestly, and I said this in my confessions, but to make it the Larsa voute for me was the hardest one because I was like, I mean, I'm kind of working with her. I feel bad, but it's like it was such a shaky thing because the gamers were working with me too, and they were like, she's trying to voteut CT and I'm like, mmkay.
Speaker 1: CT started getting suspicious to me.
Speaker 2: But so that it would have presented another name, I would have hopped on that much better. Even if it were Kevin. I would have preferred Kevin leave over Larson.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Even though Larsa was loud and brash and everything, she was actively hunting traders.
Speaker 1: She was she was on a mission.
Speaker 2: I was thinking I was nervous that she was going to turn on me and be like, we should vote Janelle out.
Speaker 1: But her intuition wasn't bad. She knew Dan was a trader.
Speaker 2: He had fantastic breeds.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So the episode ends where Faedra, Dan, and Parverty meet up. Phaedri tells Parverty that it wasn't cool to try and throw her under the bus like Fader was, like pissed. Pissed Fador tells Party that no one likes her and everyone thinks she's a trader. She tells her to play fair or they will have more problems. She also looked at Dan and said you too, like.
Speaker 2: She got him too.
Speaker 1: She Is it a smarter to you to try to expose other traders?
Speaker 2: Yes, because it takes the spotlight off of you. I think I think, do you think it's.
Speaker 1: Too soon in the game though to do that, or do you think it's no?
Speaker 2: Because I think the way it was going to go down, and I don't know the next episode, but I'm guessing that Dan would have liked to get rid of Phedra because she was so well protected she had. He talked to me, He asked me what I thought of Fadri and I said, oh my god, I trust her. She's a faithful like and I told him I don't think any of the housewives are faith or are traders. And he was like, so yeah, really created, you know, he was like, Okay, Well, Chanell thinks that the people that she's probably close to think similar that they don't think that Phaedra is a trader.
Speaker 1: So weird it is. So it's just a mind buck After watching these first four episodes, how do you feel the traders are playing anything you have done differently?
Speaker 2: I feel like Faedra's by far playing the best. She is a fantastic trader. She's gone undetected. You know, her name has not come up in any circle that I've been in, or any conversation where's Dan and Parverty's name comes up every ten minutes, you know, So she's playing fantastic, whereas Dan in a poverty. That's why I think they talk start talking about putting the spotlight on party phedra Is because they're just not as strong as Traders.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Poverty, like I watch like I in person like Poverty. I liked her, but watching the show, I so annoyed with her. I'm like, you're such an asshole. You really are such an asshole.
Speaker 2: She's yeah, she's not known to be like the nice kindness girl, and that's okay, but when I.
Speaker 1: First met her, she was she was so sweet and kind and she weighs like ninety eight pounds and I'm like, oh my gosh, she's so cute. Like whatever. But anyways, but you guys, thank you so much for tuning in to the our Well, all four episodes of The Traders from now on will be recapping once a week, and we're going to find out eventually who the winner is.
Speaker 2: I know who I'm rooting for.
Speaker 1: I know who I'm rooting for.
Speaker 2: I'm rooting for the I'm always rooting for the Faithless, the Camero.
Speaker 1: I know. But we can't give it away, and we're not going to give it away. So now it could be one of us, it would be you guys, never know, But thank you for tuning in, and we'll see you next week,