Speaker 1: Hey there, everybody. Welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ. TJ. Holmes here sing alongside my partner Amy Robot. We have been giving a close close eye on this Didty trial. We are now in week two, the first the second full week of testimony in the trial. We saw yesterday on Monday. Three people Robes are on the stand. A former member of Danity Kine, a former best friend of Cassie Ventura, and a former assistant to Sean Diddy Combs. I'll ask you this first, what in all the testimony from the previous day just jumped out at you, you know what.
Speaker 2: It might be an unexpected answer, because I know we got so many bombshells from both Dawn and Carrie, but I actually felt something deeply when I heard from David James, that was Sean Diddy Combe's former assistant, and he was being asked about the culture, about what he witnessed, what he saw and what he over and he talked in one moment during his testimony about overhearing Ditty talking about the two main women in his life, Kim Porter, who was the mother of his children, and Cassie Ventura, who at the time was his girlfriend and someone asked him, Hey, how's Kim, how's Cassie, And according to David James testimony, he said that Ditty said, Kim, Kim's my queen.
Speaker 1: She's good Cassie.
Speaker 2: I got her just where I want her. She's young, and she's mouldable and she'll do what I say. I mean, I'm paraphrasing, but paraphrasing, But that broke my heart, just to see how he cared about Cassie, which to me meant very little. He was there to manipulate her. He was there, according to David James testimony, to get what he wanted from her. But this was not something that someone who loves someone would say. I got her just where I want her. I was listening to that. I was actually so listening to that while I was running as I was hearing a recap of the testimony, and I actually it took my breath away. It just made me feel so much sadness for Cassie because here she was, according to her, loving him, doing his bidding, doing anything the unthinkable, even doing things physically to her body that she says she didn't want to do, from drugs to NonStop sex to putting her physical and mental health completely on the line for this man that she adored and loved, and that is what he said about her to someone behind her back, and it just for me was a powerful moment to hear his level of disregard for her.
Speaker 1: And they started up on to start the week Monday. Don Richard, a lot of people might know that name from Danny Kane. She does have a lawsuit, a civil lawsuit against Diddy right now. But she started her testimony on Friday. She was the first one up after Cassie Ventura. Cassie finally wrapped on Friday and Don continued on Monday. Now, she was able to corroborate some some of the stories of violence. She was able to tell stories of actually seeing a couple of scenes, one in particular having to do with a frying pan and eggs that went at Cassie's head that she said did he attack her? So they were able to corroborate a lot of that. However, there's a lot of questions about her stories and frankly, if they line up, if they match up, there's a lot of questions and look in cross examination, they did their job and she seemed to have different stories of different recollections. I think that's going to she will not be remembered as a slam dunk witness for the prosecution.
Speaker 2: It's interesting that the prosecution chose to put her up on the stand. As you pointed out, she has a lawsuit. She filed a lawsuit against Sean Dittycombs, and so she has a lot of these allegations already in writing legal writing so that they can be referenced and cross reference and re examined. And so one of the big headlines that she had in her lawsuit was bringing in other celebrities, which of course is going to make even bigger headlines, people like Neo and Usher saying that they were there at a restaurant, and in her lawsuit, in her civil lawsuit, she claims they saw Sean Detecombe's punch Cassie Ventura at a restaurant in the stomach, as she had when she got up on the stand under cross examination, she backtracked and said, well, I don't know if they saw it. That's a big deal, and that's huge because to make that claim in a lawsuit and then to get on the stand at a criminal trial and say maybe they didn't see it, I'm not sure what they saw or what they didn't say. That's a huge, huge discredit to her and her testimony.
Speaker 1: And this is tough, and everybody should be reminded to be careful with these things and be careful before you just retweet something or put something out there. You have two folks, you got Usher and Neo. Look, we actually don't know, but it's being reported or the sentiment is out there that these two guys saw a woman being physically abused and did nothing. That's the storyline based on things coming out of this trial that, like you just said, she now backtracked. Well, they were there, but I don't know if they actually saw it. That's a much different thing. And that lends to the credibility now of this witness, maybe in her civil suit in addition to this criminal case. So that was one that certainly got a big headline. But the other one Robes was about the sunglasses.
Speaker 2: Right, So she claimed that because they knew that Cassie had been punched in the eye and had a black eye, that in solidarity with her, they all decided to wear sunglasses with her so she wouldn't stand out. And so she spoke of seeing the injuries seeing the black eye, and that certainly backed up and corroborated what we heard from Cassie where she had to change her dresses, change her makeup, where sunglasses to try and hide bruises and injuries that she says she received from Diddy.
Speaker 1: And they did actually use a photo in court. She uses one as an exhibit showing Don Rochard and Cassie somewhere out in public they all had dark sunglasses on. And look, that is pretty damning evidence. It looks backs up that particular claim. But I think it's being an I'm not the legal expert. I can only tell you what legally folks are saying. She just wasn't a great prosecution.
Speaker 2: With this right. She had some things that certainly helped out the testimony or corroberate the testimony of Ventur, but she also did a lot of things, unfortunately with her inconsistencies, to do damage to the credibility of what she was saying. Therefore, it is I am curious as to why the prosecution chose to put her on the stand knowing what they knew. I mean, they do these look, they go through they go through the testimony, they go through possible cross examination with their witnesses so that they're prepared to not discredit what they just testified. So I am just curious how that was lost and how the prosecution missed that possible maybe not?
Speaker 1: Was the line a good lawyer, you never asked a question you don't already know the answer to, right, So they shouldn't have been surprised by anything that she actually stand in court.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and where Dawn was perhaps who knows how you would describe if it hurt the prosecution's case, if it helped it, or if it was perhaps even neutral. I think by all accounts, when people read and heard what Carrie Morgan, who was the best friend of Cassie Ventura, had to say on the stand, she certainly helped the prosecution's case. This was a woman who from the beginning said she didn't want to be there, someone who would cut off all ties with Cassie and with Sean Dittycombs after she personally says she experienced physical harm. She personally says the Ditty assaulted her, choked her, and then boomeranged and threw a coat hanger, a wooden coat hanger, so hard at her head that she actually says she got a concussion. It was at that point that she said sea By never want to be a part of this and pulled away. Cassie ended up, according to Carrie Morgan, offering her through Ditty, thirty thousand dollars and an NDA to sign for it all to go away, and she says she took it and she's never spoken to them since. But she certainly saw a lot before all that went on, and she testified to it in court.
Speaker 1: This was I asked you at the top of the when we started this episode, what stood out to you, and this young lady, Carrie Morgan is the one that stood out to me. Yes, she doesn't have a civil lawsuit, but she in her testimonies made clear she didn't even want to be there. Oh when she said, I'm only here because I got subpoena and where's the line and I'm going to find it? You all bear with hi. I'm looking through my note here. But she said I have moved on with my life away from all these people and the problems. There is a consistent theme that's emerging in doing deeper dives into this story where there were so many people looking for a way out, like so many people wanted to escape some environment of some kind, and some got away and never wanted to look back. Others got away and still dealing with scars and have lawsuits whatever, and all that's fine, But this young lady came off in a particular way in that line, in particular, like I don't want anything to do with these people, and I'm only here because you all are requiring me to do so.
Speaker 2: And you know, to know that she was best friends with Cassie for seventeen.
Speaker 1: Years and did it immediately.
Speaker 2: And now they don't speak, but what she did speak to and what she did see there were, oh my goodness, this scene she was describing after some sort of violent altercation would take place where she said, did he assaulted Ventura, That Ventur would be running away from him, and that they would be hiding for what she said seemed like hours to get away from him. And yet every time she saw her friend Cassie go back to him ultimately when things had calmed down, when things had settled down. But imagine hiding from the man you say you love for hours because you're so afraid for your life. That is what she described, if.
Speaker 1: She described I mean, this was.
Speaker 2: The the.
Speaker 1: She was there. She saw Cassie the night of the hotel incident. The video we've all seen. This is another look. This girl gets some chilling testimony. This young lady did. But she said she saw Cassie that night after Diddy had assaulted her in the hallway. And this is not one we can question you.
Speaker 2: We don't have to say alleged.
Speaker 1: This is not alleged. We saw her beat her up, and I saw him beat her up in the hallway, said this witness. Cary Morgan said she was with Cassie later that night. They were at home and Diddy came. That was the same night of the attack Diddy Kane and was banging on the door with a hammer violently, Yes, trying to get in. While this was going, Carrie Morgan tested that she was out of her She didn't know what to do. I guess she was freaking out. She said. Cassie sat on the couch quietly and did not move. She testified that she didn't think she cared Cassie cared if Diddy came in and killed her or not.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was so chilling. And she started calling around to the different you know folks within Ditty's in her circle to try and handle it. Not the police, not anyone else.
Speaker 1: No, nobody called the police.
Speaker 2: But eventually someone did. She doesn't know who did, because she said a little while ago, yes, a little while later, excuse me. Police did show up and Cassie refused to press charges, to give a statement, to say what happened, and so that was the end of it. This was also chilling. Morgan said that when she met Ventura all those years ago, that she was such a confident young woman, that she was a very confident women woman. But over the course of their friendship all the way up to twenty eighteen, she completely lost her confidence. And she said she heard Sean Ditty Calmbs criticize Cassie's appearance, how she behaved, who she talked to. She said he controlled everything, and she said including Ventura's job, her car, her apartment. He controlled everything. She says, she would have lost all of her livelihood, and she would have lost her friends, and that was also her circle, her circle of support. Even everything would have been gone had she left Diddy. Just to give the perspective of where Cassie Ventura was and how she found herself literally stuck.
Speaker 1: Again, I have commended people who have come out of been talking during this trial, not just folks on the witness stand, but folks we have talked to in covering this, and again I'm saying a theme has come out. We've been talking to Auberry O'Day, who was also a member of Danny Kane, and to hear her talk about she's been trying to get out of this for twenty years and she sometimes she doesn't even recognize who she is. Those stories, and we've talked to other people who are claimed to be victims who have been in that circle. They all seem like different individuals from before they ever got involved with Diddy.
Speaker 2: They seem I think traumatized is even not powerful powerful enough of a word. They seem like they've lost a part of themselves. They don't even know who they are anymore after having experience what they say they've experienced. You know something else that's really important from a legal perspective, something that Carrie Morgan was able to testify to. She said that when she witnessed extreme physical violence she claims between Combs and Ventor, Combs assaulting Ventura on two different occasions. She said, on those two occasions, Combs was not intoxicated and he was not high during those times, and that is something that the defense is going to lean on. We expect that Sean Diddy Combs isn't as responsible for what may or may not have happened because he was so messed up. He was so high, he was so hopped up on drugs that he didn't even know what he was doing. Carrie Morgan said, nahh on what I saw, on the moments and the incidents that eye witnessed, he was stone cold, sober.
Speaker 1: And look, there was an incident that Cassie described last week in which she said she had to take Diddy to the hospital he overdosed on something. So the defense is trying to I don't know how much it helped. This was an addict who was behaving this way. This wasn't a man in his right mind. Who knows if that plays with the jury. But Carrie's testimony was we called it bombshell after bombshell with Cassie, Carrie lended alt. She lent a lot of credibility.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially, like you said, knowing that she didn't want to be there, knowing that she's never filed a lawsuit, and knowing that she's never spoken about it before now until she was compelled to buy law.
Speaker 1: So today, as we said, as we're recording, it's a Tuesday here May the twentieth, and the prosecution resumed questioning a particular witness, David James, was a former assistant to Colmbs. He started yesterday, but his testimony continues today, so we'll see how that goes. The last thing here at Robes I want to address with you is something that I hadn't thought about and never would have thought about, as we go back to Don Richard and optics matter, and it was pointed out to us a little while ago how she showed up in court yesterday to testify. Now, I wouldn't have thought that much about what she was wearing. But we were talking to Aubrey O day, we were talking to other folks who were a part of this, and said, did you see she had on a suit or some blazer that it was bedazzled, had diamonds in the collar or something they were describing, and they said that sent a message.
Speaker 2: That she was performing, that she wanted to be there. This is someone who does have a lawsuit, a civil lawsuit against City Diddy, who is seeking money and she walked into court ready for a show, and it was something you know, you are told or at least your you were at least given some sort of indication as to what would be appropriate, how the jury is going to view you, based on how you're dress, based on how you present yourself. So to come in in a three piece suit with been dazzled with diamonds all over, that is a message that a lot of people have interpreted as her having her moment, her having her moment once again in the spotlight, her taking the time to perform, and then with all of the pointed out inconsistencies in her story, it just wasn't a lot of people say, a good look for a witness in a criminal trial with the charges that are being thrown around, It just didn't fly.
Speaker 1: Folks thought that sent a clear message about what she wants the attention to be on and that she has an ulterior motive in being there. She has a lawsuit, potential book or other ways to profit from this. I don't want to. I would never ever in looking at her that would that have crossed my mind, and I obviously sold the pictures of her over the last several days. Wouldn't crossed my mind, but it just lets you know the just the intense scrutiny on everything that's happened in this trial and just how interested so many people are into it. So we again we appreciate you listening, and you all have let us know that you want us to keep doing these because you are listening. So we will continue to update you about this trial and look kind of pluck out. Like we said, Robes, we cover this every day and you have to go to so many outlets to put it all together to kind of get a good view of what happened in court, and so we're trying to do that for FUM.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hoping to give you all a recap so you're up on the very latest. This trial is expected to go for at least another six weeks, so we'll be talking to you plenty. But thank you for joining us today. We hope we have a great Tuesday every day.