Speaker 1: We are back serving pancakes.
Speaker 2: Second episode with Maddie Covin cat and two volleyball. Great, we have the Micah, he god and me Jo.
Speaker 1: Okay, dogs in the house. Yes, okay, you know I've never heard that, but every time.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, she don't want to puppy you want to.
Speaker 1: Anyways.
Speaker 3: Yeah, welcome you guys to be serving pancakes. We're so glad to have you guys here with us.
Speaker 1: Tell us we'll telling on. What's the tea, what's.
Speaker 4: What's my hand?
Speaker 2: What have you been up this summer?
Speaker 1: For sure y'all been off doing plus off the grid.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like this much of a volleyball zero your mental A lot of life happening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for some places you guys were able to travel this past summer.
Speaker 4: I went in Sula music.
Speaker 5: I was in San Diego living, so I really enjoyed that and then just a lot of music.
Speaker 2: And I went to Michigan and I was off around. Didn't go to Europe, dang.
Speaker 1: It, you've been there plenty.
Speaker 6: Next Jeorgan, I made it out to ism. I was in the six comandom.
Speaker 2: I did a little family trip to the Bahamas. I was I didn't know that one did you go to Atlantis. That's a received Yeah you've been done the slide with the shark that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was like, I'm good, I'll just watch Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, someone else Trump exactly excellent.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 2: It's supposed to be there with me exactly exactly. Sorry, okay, well we have like a hot take.
Speaker 1: Just you guys.
Speaker 3: You're very quick, very fast to the point really for nothing too crazy.
Speaker 1: So three words described.
Speaker 2: Love it's the same time. Funny energy Okay, funny energy, yeah, and wow to what's one of your three words? Hilarious and I'll do you thank you yeah and not you.
Speaker 1: That's why anyway, I'm just down the street.
Speaker 2: What song is on the before the match?
Speaker 5: No, you go?
Speaker 2: Line's off the Ground by Anderson Study for you Jumbo Tron.
Speaker 1: Popping exactly, that's a good one. I go to Drake to popping ship is what she said.
Speaker 2: I'll say pop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I never get that. I always say it wrong. Whatever you know.
Speaker 1: Next, next question, what's something you may be working on right now?
Speaker 3: Like, what's something maybe be small that you kind of added to your game that's a big impact related what.
Speaker 1: You bring into the table real quick?
Speaker 2: What do you bring in next? Season.
Speaker 1: What do you rage?
Speaker 2: How better defense? Honestly? Always upgrade? Yeah, blocking? Yeah, also me on the defensive side, I feel like yeah, also the side of our core. Actually, I'm gonna get really really good at that. Yeah, you guys can shut I'm giving all the balls. I know.
Speaker 1: Who's the biggest trash talker in practice?
Speaker 2: Maddie, Yeah, that's question that question.
Speaker 1: Actually think that question. I thought this is gonna hurt. Okay, we going to that question.
Speaker 3: What's like of the craziest things, the craziest things you guys argue about in practice?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I would for me. It's not even topics, it's just like how competitive she is?
Speaker 1: Okay, so she's the problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we know that.
Speaker 1: Last episode, I I want to light a little fire. We don't want to make it interesting.
Speaker 4: This is the issue.
Speaker 2: It starts off as a joke, but then you start getting really competitive, and if you start losing, you're starting to get pissed off.
Speaker 4: But the other person is still kind of joking around.
Speaker 2: You're like, not right now, Like I can't handle yeah, sometimes talking about.
Speaker 1: Joking.
Speaker 5: There were days so when we all knew one of us was doing like we were, we had had our love and we were just like, hey, just every day and we're all like yeah, but it would literally just move it.
Speaker 2: I would still chirp, but quietly and be like like do the net and then no, No, she's kind of mad eye contacting.
Speaker 4: You're like, all right, I'm done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if your mike mid match?
Speaker 2: What's one thing the producers would have to bleep out the word yeah, don't us. I don't know what.
Speaker 4: Someone give her her crown.
Speaker 2: Okay, if Beyonce wants to be on the Houston team as the starting opposite door center, you have to give up your.
Speaker 7: Yeah ass on a bitch? Uh No way, I give that hail the queen. But now I wonder, you know, I wonder she'd be good.
Speaker 2: I think Beyonce has talent. She's like, she could be a wonderful barrel.
Speaker 1: I think she'd be I think she is.
Speaker 2: She has a lot taller on TV to say, so, maybe she could be a setter.
Speaker 4: Sorry, hey what five eight?
Speaker 2: Aren't you five eight?
Speaker 4: Better? Quick?
Speaker 3: Team?
Speaker 7: Nice?
Speaker 2: What's her biggest team? Travel? People who are talking really loud on the bus.
Speaker 1: Shut up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, shut headphones? Like if you're like, it's one with this. Also, I just really got tired of wearing the same outfit all the time as a we're.
Speaker 1: Just like, we didn't love Austin.
Speaker 3: We didn't do that. We like, you kind of can wear what you want. Long it was a deta or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, did your captains choose that or something? But that you guys could wear whatever you wanted. Yeah, basically long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, long Adidas, and you know it was fine. We had like the what's the suit that we got from Revolve? Everyone got the blue and white one? Yeah, the st one that was from spank or spanks yeah sanks. Yeah that was comfortable. Yeah, nice, But we were able to kind of do our own kind of sense of style.
Speaker 1: Are like no brand, okay, yay?
Speaker 2: Comfort comfort? Is he for the great Yeah?
Speaker 4: The grout fit?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the I always went for the ground fit. Yes, all right. So what's your Houston hot take?
Speaker 4: Food?
Speaker 2: Nightlife, food scenes, epything? Yeah it is really good. What's your go to food? I feel like they have some good Italian food there.
Speaker 4: They also have everything.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we do have a we have a happy hour spot.
Speaker 4: That's good. I think I took.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, you didn't like it? Nothing I had brush at no or left no no, no different one anyways, all right, I have to move on to the real real stuff. You guys. Okay, So you guys have both had pretty incredibles until this point. You want two Olympic medals? Yes, what does that feel like? Do you feel different right to wear it?
Speaker 1: Is there a pressure of life into you wear these medallions? Or you have this like this.
Speaker 3: Stat for you to perform at any level or any team or like wherever you're at, Like.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like I have to play well?
Speaker 2: Because it used to be And then my mentality shifted a little bit, like right after Tokyo, I was like gotta be perfect and no, I'm like, I'm literally in house money, Like what am I stressing for?
Speaker 4: I literally worked my whole life for this And it's a journey.
Speaker 5: It's not like you never do this anyway like everyone thinks it's like that's how you get to success.
Speaker 4: And it's just that way. So it was liberating, like turn the other the other day, I don't say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was really liberating to be like, no, this is the mindset I need to have and it's.
Speaker 3: What's maybe some advice you'd give to other athletes that are trying to give with my mind to the pressure of like I did, all these great things have to keep being.
Speaker 5: Great, just like perfectionism is like not a thing. I think Sue inc Has actually said this recently. Does It's just like your overthinking stuff, be in the moment, be present and like approach that moment as you would, which like if you're doing it at a high level, like most.
Speaker 4: Of the time, it's going to be a good result. So it keeps you in.
Speaker 2: The moment and it's fun. Yeah, I mean, I honestly winning medals. It's weird because I don't feel this I thought would feel like a really strong emotional attachment to like this metal, But I think, like Mike I was saying, it was more about the journey to get there, and I felt just more confident in who I was as a player after and I think for at least my own personal journeys at both Olympics, it wasn't necessarily what I'd hoped for for myself, with like getting injured and different things happening, but like at the end of the day and like I was a part of that, and I think that speaks volumes to the journey I had to get there and the people that supported me along the way, and I think that's what I focus on more than like, oh, I now have to be this person. It's like, no, I don't have to change anything, Like, yeah, he did it. Did you guys know when you were younger that you wanted to go to the Olympics? Like was that always a goal for you or it just naturally you were? Like this is progressed and like now I have this opportunity that's like pretty sick.
Speaker 4: I always wanted to throw.
Speaker 2: I didn't know what that meant, though, I think none of us did. We didn't see it, like maybe because you're okay, she keeps us young.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we didn't have that.
Speaker 3: So okay, let's just say bobbles some in the picture. You know right now, what do you think you'd be.
Speaker 1: Doing if you weren't play volleyball?
Speaker 4: Who would you be?
Speaker 1: Who's Mica Hancock not the volleyball player.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like my unhinged answers that, like I would want to DJ? Are we making music?
Speaker 4: Or like do something creative?
Speaker 5: And it's really weird to think about life after volleyball because I'm like, it's just the whole world we don't know but using the time now, I think, as we have more time off not being overskies all the time, you have more time to kind of get your hands dirty, explore your interests and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like I would be doing something either like helping people or horses. I knew you.
Speaker 1: Into this, Georgia a die hard horse. Go you have a horse, pat r Really.
Speaker 3: Is it like somebody who like group around horses as a kid, or just like somebody to develop as.
Speaker 4: I don't know what and it started.
Speaker 2: I mean I have this picture of myself like as a little maybe like one year old, and my brother had a petting zoo for his birthday and I was just on the back of this pony and wow, just like.
Speaker 4: And then maybe that's what started it.
Speaker 2: But I just feel like there's such like strong, powerful creatures and they're like gentle but also like sometimes a little intimidating and sometimes they stare people down through the net and whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you ever watch Spirits?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: But I was a.
Speaker 2: Big flick a girl that was like my movie. I always cried. I felt like Flicka when they put her in the trailer and then she's like she needs to see the sky.
Speaker 1: I'm like that's me Watch Spirit you love that too, and cried as well.
Speaker 2: Interesting, Okay, you guys have played a bunch of overseas as well. Where have you guys been? What have you what has been your favorite and why? I played in Italy and Turkey and I've played in wonderful And where do we go in Italy? Okay? Did you guys play against each other in Italy?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, because you were in one.
Speaker 3: Was What was the first place you played after graduating from Penn?
Speaker 4: I went to Italy?
Speaker 1: So how was that? Just like being what twenty one?
Speaker 3: Going off into the world by yourself, like in a place you don't really know language barrier?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought it was rough for me. I was like, whoa, I'm living alone, no one speaks my language. I couldn't even go over a coffee And so how did you kind of get.
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 4: I was snatched? Yeah, but it was called Leish.
Speaker 5: Alicia Maass was there and Rachel Adams and it was like a nice little like whoa, actually this is the latter I have to climb here, like we just finished, like won a championship. I did get national paper year and I was like, yeah, let's go to Italy and se what's up, and they were like you suck. Okay, let's start to sing it all over again. So yeah, what did you feel like?
Speaker 2: Your biggest takeaway from that was like that you had to learn volleyball wise, transitioning from n C double A to pro that there's always so much more to learn, and like the things you don't know, you learn, you to learn, you know, Like I remember watching Moki the Italian livery, just like someone was spraying her balls and she's like diming out of sex. It's hitting the line every single time, like two feet off the net, and.
Speaker 4: I was just like, I can't even do that.
Speaker 5: That's my job, but I'm not doing that. So it was pretty enlightening at least.
Speaker 2: And then you were a finer first. Yeah, I was there, Yeah, and we got to hang out and you had that dog and had all the fleas.
Speaker 1: Okay, I found a dog.
Speaker 2: It was like literally a teeny tiny puppy and it was laying under I saw, like jump off the curb and crawl under a parked cars like front tire, and I was like, oh my god, it's gonna get run over if I don't pick it up.
Speaker 4: And so I picked it up.
Speaker 2: I was looking for its mom everywhere, couldn't find it. I had a dog at home already, like, oh, like, I'll just bring it home foster until I find someone. I'm literally sitting on the couch patting this dog. I see things like kind of crawling in and out of expert I'm like, I like, pull.
Speaker 4: Back his birth infested.
Speaker 1: That's gross.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you you say you got.
Speaker 1: The But is y'all getting random countries dogs and cats off the stree?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the animals.
Speaker 4: But then I got adopted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but picking dogs up the street.
Speaker 2: Nasty, And I was like, thank god, my like real dog didn't get the police. But then you rap about you, which is a pretty great club, and how was your experience?
Speaker 4: It was like getting punched in the face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because listen, you go overseas and you're like, whoa, I'm playing for one of like the biggest clubs in the world.
Speaker 3: Let's not Let's note that for American volleyball, like to play at Hunter is such a huge thing, and for JT to come out of college and be put for that roster is absolutely insane.
Speaker 1: So CONGRATSI for that. I don't know that much about like overseas volleyball.
Speaker 3: But for her to go into that situation and come out obviously she's a is great, So that's amazing.
Speaker 4: It was really cool.
Speaker 2: But I think it was just like a lot to learn, and like the coaches in college versus the coaches overseas like very different and the things that they're allowed to say or like maybe do, and so that I was like, whoa culture shock. But I had Kelsey with me there too, and so that was nice. And then also I had you, so it's kind of it was nice that I had people around to show me the ropes and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Would you guys say like going overseas is a very important piece of being a pro vulbable play especially like at the level that you guys play, yet.
Speaker 2: I think for us, yeah, I mean to have the opportunity to go and play overseas because we didn't have love here, I think was really special for me and like I really cherish all of those memories and club seasons.
Speaker 1: I think it also like speaks away at the volleyball piece of it.
Speaker 3: Just like as women in general, like you said, you have to go in the situations and learn from them and kind of grow from them and kind of like fight those battles in those effort averse three times, you know.
Speaker 5: So like going somewhere for and like we all know the feeling of walking in this floor like this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also or not know who you are, I mean being in a place who you are?
Speaker 3: I think for me, I mean, but I think it's I would always say, like, since love is becoming what is becoming and the level was so great, I would just say, like to be able to even draft into the league, I would say, you have to play at least one year or one season abroad just to get that like you know what I mean feeling.
Speaker 2: I think it's helpful just to kind of find yourself too, And like I know it's harder, but maybe a little bit of adversity is nice for character building. Yeah yeah, okay, So you guys are both founding athletes. How did you get to that point?
Speaker 1: Like what made you.
Speaker 2: Decide to come to love? Where were you in time when that was all being talked about for you? I was in Italy when those conversations started, and I remember before getting on the call to kind of really learn what love was all about, I was like absolutely not, Like I'm staying overseas.
Speaker 4: This is not happening. I'm not going home yet.
Speaker 2: And then as soon as I hung up the phone, I was like, I'm doing it. Sold really cool to see what was being built and then to kind of be invited inside of like, hey, we want your voice to be a part of this, and you know, we want your input and feedback. I think that was interesting for me to think about. And then obviously to have the opportunity to play at home and have my friends and family come and watch me they you know, never seen me play professional volleyball or maybe having seen me play since high school, that was really exciting too.
Speaker 5: I think to be a part of it is like the coolest thing. It's an honor to bring it home. I think as I was talking about overseas volleyball and how big of a journey, part of our journey, it was bringing that here and ting like America what professional action looks like, and like having girls in college to learn that sooner and like to see how that's.
Speaker 4: Going to change the future.
Speaker 2: Volleyball is like something I really couldn't say no to exactly. And so when you guys, from that point of like having those conversations it was like what four or five years ago, three years? Yeah, I played two years overseas and it's been a minute. Yeah, So do you feel like the like build up was really exciting because you were like I can I'm going to be home and like I can tell my friends and family.
Speaker 5: There was like I don't know, for me, there's like a release of like Okay, i can do this overseas like two more years and I'm coming home and like whatever that brings, Like it's it was technically kind of a startup last year, but like.
Speaker 4: We were so happy to be home and we all have this.
Speaker 2: Energy and we had a great group.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was perfect.
Speaker 3: And also like when love was being first talked about amongst like me and other people, it almost almost kind of like a rumor, you know what I mean, Like we weren't sure if it was actually happening. I think it was in the really early stages of like getting players to come in and sign and like then you guys are are kind of like posting about it and we could see like, okay, well these players that they have and like for sure, like when they say Mike's coming, your comer are like, oh, well they're going to be playing at home and we get a chance to play with them and play against them, we want to do it, you know what I'm saying so loudly speaking about it, like helping the room. There is definitely like a different like tier, you know what I'm saying. So to be able to, like for myself, be able to be a part in being magit with you guys and from you guys, and play against you guys and play with you guys, It's such an honor and I feel like something we talked about I think the last time we were talking, like last week, that like it's almost like a full circle moment for us, you know what I mean. Like I've known Micah since twenty eleven when Michael.
Speaker 4: Was going a Tulsa baby.
Speaker 3: I know Michael was, yeah, but it's so cool to be able to like, well, thank you for thank you for guys for believing to what they had coming for everybody else. And it made us want to come home and like be with you guys, and I get to play for my family, my nieces get to see me play with you guys, and I'm like, yeah, like.
Speaker 2: Y'all are great.
Speaker 1: You know against it like two times before you know, so it's really cool.
Speaker 4: So it's like a full circle moment.
Speaker 5: Like at Au we played together, so it's always played against each other, you know.
Speaker 4: So it's just a cool thing to be a part of.
Speaker 1: We love you too many.
Speaker 2: Thank you anyway, But I was going to say something, but you just kept going on and you had to play twenty eleven. Okay, yeah, can we do? You want to touch on Tulsa and Penn State and then Cincinnati?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Whoa.
Speaker 3: My story with Micah was we were going to the un under I'm all American. I don't know how many girls go get invited to that. It's like the top twenty of us or top twenty five.
Speaker 2: You are this under arm and I'm.
Speaker 4: Under armmer now. But they didn't know who it was back.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's okay. I mean people knew who you were. Yeah, but you we're the same class. Yeah, yeah, we're the same class. We already told the story on the first Yeah, but why did you Why were you not invited to I don't know.
Speaker 4: I was busy that week, okay, going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and i'd never met Maca before and like I hadn't been, like I hadn't really I hadn't met you in the Nash.
Speaker 1: Team gym yet until like we were in school in college.
Speaker 3: But it's my first time seeing Micah and I was like, who the hell is this girl?
Speaker 2: Y'all want to tell you?
Speaker 1: They had all these like top now I'm stetters. I can't. I don't know who's there, no offense, but I know who you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And I remember like Micah had this like you were still jump serving her.
Speaker 1: I think you want to set her competition as well too.
Speaker 3: She was doing all these amazing things and I don't think she was like I don't think they even had you, like ranked up high with the setters whatever it was. Yeah, it was just like you almost like I'm here for the vibes type stuff, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And she was like, yeah, exactly being everyone I remember being.
Speaker 3: I'm like and for me, like I had been multiple camps for like ABCA, like top ten, whatever it was, I've.
Speaker 1: Never seen him. I'm like all the girls I played with and train was so far you were the best. And I was like, girl, where are you going to school? And she was like wholsome And I was like, what, no of Ulson? No offense?
Speaker 4: But like, you know, what are what's the mascot hurricanes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hurricanes. Hulsa is not like it was at the time.
Speaker 3: I don't know what they are now. It's not a top like I was, say, top ten powers, you know. Anyway, So if I just want to say no offense, I feel bad about saying that, but I mean, I mean I remember like Colling Geer and being like we got to get Mica handcocked.
Speaker 1: Tell it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Mika almost went to Texas, by the way, damn when I had the money. That's the truth, you guys is about.
Speaker 2: This is the truth.
Speaker 1: We almost had it. But you guys went to Korea together on that trip. No go back to.
Speaker 5: I had to have a meeting because I had already signed to Tulsa.
Speaker 2: I had to have a meeting with the new coach. So that's why the whole thing happened.
Speaker 5: This coach that had recruited me left and I was like, wait what And the new coach was nice enough to be like, hey, I've seen you grow in the past two years.
Speaker 2: Like I know, like you can go somewhere and do something big.
Speaker 4: If you want to do that, I want to give you, like.
Speaker 2: The possibility, and I said, thank you so much and if I come back, like you know, I'm going to be one hundred percent committed here. And Penn State had a setter like completely quick volleyball, like super unhappy, which is a shame. But I did not know a single thing about pen Sate.
Speaker 5: I went and had an official visit and walk in and there's like just placks of women who have just been like for time America, like great Megan easy, you know, like Alicia, And I'm like, what did I just walk into And he's like you're gonna hate it, but like we're gonna make.
Speaker 2: You great ball up there, and I was like, I think I have to come here. Did you hate it partially?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Sure, I mean it was really hard mentally physically a lot to juggle. Yeah, a little diversary like we were talking about you strong, yes, and yeah so not Tulsa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that wasn't in the cards for.
Speaker 1: Me, so glad.
Speaker 2: Yeah we loved Tulsa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we love Tulsa. But I knew I was like my favorite, damn to go there and no offense.
Speaker 9: And my sister, that's my sister's on the water and but but she was also like you need to go like flying, and I think that is you need to have people around you like that.
Speaker 5: So I'm also grateful to the coach that that came in there and was like go awaiting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you and beat.
Speaker 4: That's crazy because that's.
Speaker 5: Also my time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this isn't really our things. I just trying to make it happen. Okay, you guys should be more like yeah, yeah, across anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to at know the movie reference you didn't commit anywhere?
Speaker 4: And then do commit?
Speaker 2: He actually, sorry, oh you did tell us you guys, we're learning so much. I was committed to Syracuse my freshman year and then but my coach, my school coach my freshman year, she was like, it was my first offer, my first visit anywhere. She's like, you're going to get more offers. Don't take the first one. Wait it out, like they will wait for you whatever. And I was like, yeah, like for sure, I committed.
Speaker 1: So you're an easy cell, really decisive.
Speaker 2: They say, we have cheese. It's okay.
Speaker 1: I was great, So are the man fine, I'm coming. I should have looked at that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So then they also had a coaching change and I kind of reopened my recruitment.
Speaker 4: Also, like I was not good in high school, so like whatever, I'm sure you were fine.
Speaker 2: But I don't think a lot of people knew that I had decommitted, and then I didn't really know where to look. And one of my friends from high school, she was committed to Cincinnati, and she was like, why are you just going to visit there?
Speaker 4: I'm like, well, do they even want me?
Speaker 2: And so I went on a visit and I just like fell in love with the school, the coaching staff, JA, yeah exactly, yeah, okay, and then yeah, I committed shortly after and it was just really like I just really enjoyed my time there. I think a lot of people are like, why do you go to a big volleyball school? And I'm like I could have gone to maybe a big volleyball school, maybe on a partial scholarship, sat the first three years or like who knows that my journey it worked.
Speaker 3: For you to say, yeah, out of all our universities, who what if you had to take which one?
Speaker 1: Which one? Which want to go to there?
Speaker 7: Damn?
Speaker 2: This is I just go to talk.
Speaker 1: About city, about city?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: Would you want to be a women?
Speaker 4: What are we all going? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I also think based on city and weather, I would choose Texas, but I would never go to Texas.
Speaker 4: There we go, Sorry, it never had it's like.
Speaker 1: You know, man, no she.
Speaker 4: Didn't say yours boy? All wait where is is it in? Its in Tucson? Okay? Is that just all?
Speaker 2: It's yes, psychology though, yeah, it's really the best city.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean the culture, but I think like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I feel like I would have picked Arizona.
Speaker 2: Because I think I maybe like I feel like if I would have gone to Texas or Penn State, I would have been the same thing, like, Okay, you're gonna play front Road. That's it. You're not allowed to practice background at all, no defense, and I'm like, no, like I want to. I that was a big thing for me. Even in high school. I would beg my coaches like, please let me practice all the way around, like you don't have to put like play me in games better, but like just give me a chance in practice, like I will come before, stay after whatever. We love our DS is but overseas you don't have as many substitutions, so and obviously who can do it all? Really really hard to come by. So thankfully at Cincinnati, they I think like invested.
Speaker 4: In me right away and allowed.
Speaker 3: Me a lot of opportunities to I will also say that I think it's a big thing too. A lot of players are transferring because that's an option that they don't really have, especially like attackers and oppos who can't who can't play six and not able to train in that way of playing that manner as well too.
Speaker 1: That's a big thing.
Speaker 3: I also say for me that like, I feel like for our generation, once you decided to find that contract and you go into that school like you're going to go, and I feel like back then people were transferring, it was.
Speaker 1: Like almost like a them problem kind of thing.
Speaker 2: I almost like, oh yeah, yeah, like that told me and one of my friends talking about like when I was at Texas, like you know, I played middle when I was playing outside, Like whatever they asked me to do, I did it for the team. I didn't care about like what I did for myself physically or my career was like, Okay, what can I do to make help make the team be successful? Exactly at the same time strength, yes, at the same time, it's like I do. I used to think back back, like Okay, what if I not transfer, but just like you know, didn't make the changer said no, I still like you know, we're not all out of my positions were at where would I be? You know, look at you now, I love your basically, Yeah, I can do it.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you I can do it all.
Speaker 2: That's huge.
Speaker 1: So being well rounded is a huge deal.
Speaker 5: And I know I know that that's like a not easy thing to have when your mental when you're playing and you're well, now I have all these different like things I need to do.
Speaker 2: But also not a lot of people are built that way.
Speaker 4: Just hold that, appreciate that.
Speaker 2: You can do it all. You said you defend sometimes unless I tip on you.
Speaker 1: Please please please, Matthie, just get you.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: We'll finish it off here because you guys are running a long time.
Speaker 1: These are going to be said it.
Speaker 2: You want to you want to go one by one who said it? Okay, it's going to be one of you said it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: First one who said, what heavy on the time is the most precious gift we have me?
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 1: Wow, what did you say that?
Speaker 4: In my Instagram caption?
Speaker 2: Maybe on the time is the most precious gift we have heavy on the time is the most precious gift. Oh you're heavy on it that the time is the most precious gift. Oh got it?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, there.
Speaker 2: Was no punctuation here, but I'm sure okay it is okay, okay, hardly home but always repon.
Speaker 5: I would be when did you say that? Instagram? Probably probably also a.
Speaker 3: Caption that feeling so deep could swim? Oh, feeling so deep you could swim?
Speaker 2: In there you go? I said that right, Also a caption maybe that was for cat sweating.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't remember. I think it was thank you.
Speaker 1: A walking billboard at this point.
Speaker 2: And I'm not mad about it.
Speaker 4: I am.
Speaker 2: June.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's an advertisement able to be sorry? We do we do.
Speaker 2: We do love building up our volleyball community and we are all wearing our friends brand. But you don't have to put that out there. But we love her and she knows who she is and also go buy everything. It's for the tall girls with tall girls. Let's see, I don't remember ladies tits up?
Speaker 4: That would me? That would have been me.
Speaker 2: What is that from? That's from versus magel? So right before? Have you seen that on Amazon. She's a comedian in like the nineteen fifties. She breaks she breaks away, and her manager, yeah, she tells her like before she goes on stage, tits up, and she's like she gives it, like, yeah, heads up, ladies. This is just like a quick interjection. Can you just do your best accent?
Speaker 1: In general?
Speaker 2: What's your go to?
Speaker 4: Because I know this is the one I ad. Yeah, you already know, but when you asked me, it's really hard to do. So it's sometimes.
Speaker 1: We should have started his whole interviews.
Speaker 2: You're talking like that, Jordan, you have any what's yours? I try to do an Aussi accent, but I'm not very.
Speaker 3: But what you do?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 4: You do? You do voices?
Speaker 2: We do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're just it sounds. It's like yours. You to me are more just a mixer. Yeah, you're more like sounds. Ye, stuff like that, And Mike is more accents.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I like, yeah, I really confuse you.
Speaker 2: I feel like we will just be talking normally about thet we all go to the store.
Speaker 4: I don't know, is something wrong with me? Actually, I don't know. I think it's normal. Thank you, Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: Next one, let my spirit speak freely, so deep.
Speaker 4: Why do you come up? You're like the most I know and I feel like that's that. Yeah, EQ is very high with Okay, you got that one. Does this make me?
Speaker 1: Does this make me an age bad?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah? Can you describe to everyone what an age town baddie is? You're looking at her in the flesh? Do you not see?
Speaker 4: Usually it's like great personality?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so pretty much on a Tuesday, talk about me like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, we know you got all right.
Speaker 2: There is good and pure love in this world, and somehow I got lucky enough to collect.
Speaker 4: I'm a love of girl. There she goes, There she goes. That was good.
Speaker 2: I knew it was in there somewhere.
Speaker 1: This a little bit of that and lots of love.
Speaker 2: That's also mine and lots of lovb Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well you guys, that's really all I got for you here.
Speaker 2: Any anything you have going on you want to let the people know about it's coming out for season two that you're excited about, excited to.
Speaker 5: Get on the court with some I mean obviously a lot of returning faces for Houston, but some new ones and yeah, a new coach, a new.
Speaker 4: You can talk about her.
Speaker 2: I played for her at bak If in Turkey, and she was awesome. She's just like I think, so knowledgeable, like of the game and just such a great human And I think she balances kind of like, you know, helping us as women and like being sensitive to I think, who we are as people, but then also really like pushing you on the court and knowing like kind of what you're capable of and helping you reach that.
Speaker 4: And so I'm just really excited to have with.
Speaker 2: Her some more, have her, you know, be hard on us and help us grow. So I'm excited to be my first time I think, playing for a female coach.
Speaker 4: But she seems awesome.
Speaker 2: She's I'm very excited about this, so uh watch out please. Okay, you guys. In our last episode, we did talk that they never beat us in season. See I don't forget.
Speaker 1: But new Year.
Speaker 2: The team is different.
Speaker 1: The team is different a little bit. It doesn't matter in the day, it doesn't matter. It's the end that counts.
Speaker 4: Right, You're right, and where were you? Okay? That's me Kat?
Speaker 8: Sorry, Well all right, that's it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you guys for you guys, you so much. We're excited too to watch you guys. Play no, No, I'll be watching you, guys. I'll just be passing balls and then you guys can take care of the rest. We'll also be yelling at you through the net. I'll probably on the sideline.
Speaker 3: I'll be still yelling from the sideline, trying to get in your head.
Speaker 1: Perfect.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you guys for joining us for episode two, Obscure Pancakes. We are so glad you tuned in. Watch and laugh.
Speaker 1: Listen he hey keyed with us.
Speaker 2: Yes, Sam, thank you and that's a wrap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and shout out to Michael and Jordan for coming in. And you know, batties. Ye'll see you guys next time. This is Serving Pancakes. I'm cap bell, I'm mad.
Speaker 2: Then this is Michael Hancock, Jordan Thompson.
Speaker 1: Thanks for joining us and we'll see you guys on the flip side. Thanks for watching Serving Pancakes. Don't forget to hit the subscribe.
Speaker 2: And like button.
Speaker 3: You can also listen to podcasts on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you listen to your podcast.
Speaker 1: See you on the flip side.
Speaker 2: Check it.
Speaker 4: Can you help me du.
Speaker 1: Speaking on account of my girl?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm looking in my head on the mic, coming down opposite, best in the world for me.
Speaker 4: Now to.
Speaker 1: Pop service, come in, see out. The world is running, right is sitting next to me.
Speaker 5: Like the
Speaker 1: Okay