Speaker 1: And That's what you really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to and That's what you Really miss podcast Today. We have a very special friend.
Speaker 2: Oh and we are gabbin. We can just talk all day. You know, it's nice you basically listen to us.
Speaker 1: Yah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like this is people can get a good sense of what our relationships are like with all the people we have on and we're just kicking it and talking, having a good time. And today is no exception because Romy Rosemont Carol Hudson, Yes, Finn Hudson's mother, who's a star, a sweet, sweet person and an excellent baker and the an excellent crier, the most fun person you'll ever have on a TV or film set. Correct, So enjoy our conversation catching up with Romy Rosemont. Hi, Hi, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Let's go back to the beginning of Glee. Romy tell us about how you got the show.
Speaker 3: I was called I was called into audition for Jane's part, and I absolutely knew that I was not going to get it because I either had to look like I was a cheerleader, right, you know, I either had to look like Megan Hilty or I had to look like Jane or dot right, you know, I mean in heights of you know, of a.
Speaker 2: Presence, they are towering figures.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, and and and just such a presence. And so you know, I did the best that I could, And I mean I knew that wasn't going very far, like neither because neither of them fit. Now I can tumble with the best of them. But you know, and I can. I could definitely do some comedy if someone wanted to lift me up into a pyramid all down on you.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 3: So, and then they called me in for for Finn's mom, for Corey's mom. When I saw it, I was like, there's no lines, and you know it was Ryan saying, yeah, but this, uh you know, I had to throw the milk carton and weep and yet whatever that was or where the bikes.
Speaker 4: Short in the level I mean, and and my hair.
Speaker 3: Was so large and so and then it I think when we were shooting the pilot, I think what I worked like two days. Ryan was like, and then I'm going to do this, and then I'm going to do this.
Speaker 1: So you had you got inklings of things that were coming, but and you knew you were a recursed and you knew you were coming back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I never believe that.
Speaker 2: Right, right, You've been around to trust that.
Speaker 3: So I didn't know. All he said was he was interested in telling the story of the single mother with the the high school quarterback who became Who's in gleek club?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It was never like I think we started where it was supposed to be really poor and haggard or whatever. And I was always always asking, so, what does Carol do? What does she do? She worked in a bank? Does she no one?
Speaker 2: That's for you to figure out.
Speaker 3: That's my backstory. But and then it really didn't matter because you never saw Carol away from you know, which is Fin Finn or or Burt or you know or Kurt And so I mean that was our running joke later in the season, Carol was in the basement when she got married. Once furt happened, I literally was like, I'm watching it. I'm like, uh, you're a prom you I don't know Mom would be there. Oh, I'm in the basement.
Speaker 2: They're just doing some more laundry.
Speaker 3: I mean. And that's what was so amazing was that nobody even referenced to me like you didn't have to even do that much. Was it was so hilarious. I was like did I was literally at one time, I go, did Burt kill me? Oh? My god, Burt murdered Carol? And so we were you know, those were.
Speaker 1: Good times, yes, but that basement was very cobwebby. I have to say it dirty. I you know, I'm reading here, there's this document that our wonderful producers made, and you're in eighteen episodes. It felt like a hell of a lot more than that.
Speaker 3: That's what people say.
Speaker 2: Eighteen episodes.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. And so it's like people are like, no, I think that, because.
Speaker 2: Yes, when I come with cigarette.
Speaker 3: Exactly when I come on, there was a there was a presence, and also I was I was still you.
Speaker 1: I was still I was still his mom, right.
Speaker 3: And so my treasure is those intimate scenes that Corey and I had, I think did relate to that kids could relate to, you know, so I think you know, I mean, that's what I got was from any kind of fans and at all didn't compare. Was I wish you were my mom?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I mean, Carol and Bert were the model parents for anyone. I think the two the very situations, also the complicated situations you were both in in your own right individually, and how those characters navigated them so gracefully, eloquently trying to say the right thing, but as human as it is, like it's going to be a little imperfect, which makes it even more relatable. And watching you and Michael Mallley standing at the altar in Furt was just I Also it's like you wear your heart on your sleeve, and I feel like a good gusta wind and that you might just tear up a little bit, and it makes me tear up because you are the sweetest, like most giving, caring person. And then watching you two are like, oh god, I can't, I can't watch them. And then Mike Michael Madley's about to cry during the receptions, like these two. I've been told my whole life I'm a little cold at all.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say that right now.
Speaker 2: I do not yes, because no one gets me like you. I lose my shit, right And and I think you know, it's a testament to yes, your ability as an actor, and you're and like you just as a person, and that's I think also why it feels like you were in a lot more than eighteen episodes, because yes, Jane and Dot have a presence.
Speaker 3: But woo, I so do you thank you? You know, I I was. I actually thought that there was a place like I didn't. I never understood why Carol and Kurt didn't have a more independent relationship because he lost his mother and then and then his his his dad marries the woman who's the mother of someone he has a massive crush on. Like there was so there was to me, there was opportunities to to you know, to dive into those topics and discover it or just you know, we did it with one scene, but like I know, we're doing fort today. But like you know, in that one in the scene where I think he's pregnant, you know, I mean.
Speaker 1: Right, and.
Speaker 3: That it was it was like you kind of I think that that's the difficult thing about telling stories about recur with recurring characters, because no matter what, the recurring character has to be there with whoever they're attached to. Right. But I don't necessarily believe that, do you know what I mean? Because you can find you could have you know, you could find that that conversation that's just between Carol and Burt. Of course, it's like for the parents. I mean, you know, I have a step son. In the beginning, it's hard, right because you don't have a voice. So you know, it was kind of dramatic license that Bert was so involved in Finn's life. It wouldn't have been that embracing to someone taking you know what I mean. It's just I mean, that's the that kind of wouldn't happen, you know, I mean, you honor the script that's been written, but I appreciate that and thank you.
Speaker 1: But I mean there's just there's also twenty five characters, right exactly.
Speaker 3: And there's also bright shiny objects that became important I'm sure in selling it, you know, in the powers that be deciding that and everybody, it was like, you're not going to say if Sarah Jackson Parker, let's say, says oh I want to do some You're not gonna As a business person, you're not going to say no, right, So, and that's you know what I mean, Like you guys wearing you know, as many hats as you guys do as business people, which is why you have a successful podcast. There's certain decisions that that that you might not have made as Jenna and Kevin right right.
Speaker 2: Right, It's like, oh, we could instead of doing this extra scene, we could throw in another song and then put that on that soundtrack.
Speaker 1: That sounds right exactly.
Speaker 2: Do you ever feel comfortable, like do you ever raised or would you ever raise those thoughts to the powers that be? Or no, you just know there wasn't the room. Yeah, I wasn't.
Speaker 3: I wasn't invited to that room conversation. So my job was to you know, I look at I always look at at a job. That's it's it's it's been a success. If I walk away with a friend, I mean like like a really good experience and you know it was overflowing. As far as with Glee and the.
Speaker 2: People that you can't get rid of us.
Speaker 3: It's like I've tried, but like I you know, I could have literally given birth to everyone, maybe not Jane and Dott but on the whole. But you know it's there are people who would have I just in that way, I kind of respect other I respect the positions.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've asked you what was what was your experience or like do you remember the first time you worked with Corey Like the first scene you guys shot together, and what was it like when you guys shot scenes together.
Speaker 3: I met Corey very very briefly during the pilot because I didn't I didn't work with adult Corey.
Speaker 2: I worked with chilet Corey, that's right.
Speaker 3: So I didn't get to work with him until that scene in where he hits the mailman, you know that very very brief.
Speaker 2: Very very briefing, but one of the best.
Speaker 3: I was very taken with his manner, his he was, you know, he was just such a sweet soul. And then when we had to do the more the more dramatic stuff, the more intense stuff, emotional, he was always like, I, I mean, I can't cry. I just can't cry. And I was like, well, you don't have I was just saying, you don't have to, right, but you you definitely can't. I think that he so much wanted to be to be good, and I so respected that. And but I remember even when we shot Furt and we were out at that like weird churchy thing, and he was panicked that that paparazzi someone was going to see so that they would know the storyline, and even literally like like have his coat up. And I was like we're good. But he was. I mean it was because he believed in the show and what and he wanted to protect the surprise and all of that. And I mean, I definitely consider myself very very lucky that we got paired because let's we don't look alike at all, but.
Speaker 1: You know, but like your chemistry together, yeah, really really good.
Speaker 3: And it was just and and you know, I think that I think he felt that too. I think he felt like, I get to act today.
Speaker 1: Yep, totally, And I am.
Speaker 3: And I was, and I was flattered and honored to be a part of that because a lot of stuff was just the two of us until until they got married in the second season.
Speaker 2: Anytime there was sort of like we would say, like an adult in the scene, like, oh god, we really have to get our ship together to keep up. You know, we gotta you know, we're used to like, you know, being clowns in the choir room, singing a song making them laugh or in the teen drama stuff is so funny and fun.
Speaker 1: But when the adults came out, you know.
Speaker 3: But like I mean, hopefully what you learned from the adults, because you can't, you cannot stop having fun.
Speaker 2: And there was no.
Speaker 3: You know, it always freaks me out when when people are too serious. I'm like, dude, come on.
Speaker 2: Like you're the ragning Champ. You're the most fun on set. I mean we've talked about the alcohol escapades before.
Speaker 3: Well it start. I mean it was this episode that.
Speaker 4: It was he was done, everybody was done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were just sitting there and.
Speaker 3: Like a little bit of dance, a little bit whatever. Pulled out I think a bottle.
Speaker 1: Of Patron, a black like Duffel bag. I was like, what, she comes into a wedding dress with a black Duffel bag and pulls out Patron and was like, you know here we were like real.
Speaker 2: There's a reason why I don't remember doing that number the recept Yeah, but.
Speaker 3: It was and and I And that was the first time I was like, oh my god, these kids can drink holy crap.
Speaker 2: And I was not.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 3: I mean, I love Metequila, but I'm like one maybe too. And it was kind of like, oh, like and I don't know, I don't know if it was Leah or or Heather might have you know, ended that bottle or two. I don't remember if I brought to I really don't.
Speaker 1: I can't remember, but I know that there was another day, another wedding day that we were like, let's do it. I guess.
Speaker 3: That's when we did it with Glory. We took shots with Gloria Estephon.
Speaker 1: We did take shots at the ranch. That's right for the Britanna wedding, that's right.
Speaker 2: I was so excited. Do you think Roby's got the booze today?
Speaker 3: I've had a picture. That's when I brought that stuggie.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we got into it.
Speaker 1: Kevin and I got into it, into it together. I got scared and I got scared up. We did that was a funny snug. Yeah, Gloria Estefan, Jennifer Coolidge.
Speaker 3: What's happened to Jina Gersham?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm being in craft and with Gina Gersh I'm like, I don't know, I don't think I can. I have to leave. I couldn't be alone with anyone. I was like, I don't know how to operate like a normal humor.
Speaker 1: It was an overwhelming wedding, that's right.
Speaker 3: And I kind of felt like I was like old hat like ladies following right.
Speaker 1: Yes, the cash chairs were like all the way down in like a really big trailer because there are so many yeah.
Speaker 3: In that white trailer. Yeah, it was freezing, so.
Speaker 1: Cold every it was like we were in heels. There was dirt everywhere.
Speaker 2: It was like the mountains and now.
Speaker 3: And then those that wardrobe that they put us in the Moms was just something. They were something. It was fan definitely definitely something.
Speaker 2: But you know, we could have used more of more Mom musical numbers.
Speaker 1: Oh definitely, Oh my god, that would have been.
Speaker 2: Because that was a treat.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: I also by that point, I think I was so I don't know what was happening. I don't know if I didn't read the script, talk about being unprofessional.
Speaker 1: Definitely didn't read the script.
Speaker 2: But Moms started performing and we're in the scene. I'm like wait.
Speaker 3: There was also those moments of that was the first time I really experienced CORD.
Speaker 2: That was that was one of my favorite things is for people to experience CORD.
Speaker 1: For that.
Speaker 3: I mean, that was I'm like, huh, all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 3: It was definitely like, Okay, I can't believe that this has taking me this long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, just then a Brad Baker. It was Brad Baker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think I mean all those I mean because I didn't have a wedding. I mean in real life, I we eloped, like for my wedding that was a full blown wedding. That was I mean, I've only worn wedding dresses on film, like my own wedding dress I got for sixty three dollars at Loments.
Speaker 2: That's right, because.
Speaker 3: Well, because I know I don't walk into the water and I'm.
Speaker 1: Not going to take a you know, also, like you wear it once and then it goes in a box, so like, I know, great, great.
Speaker 3: You'll save it. I mean, yours was so gorgeous that.
Speaker 1: No, thanks, I mean preserved it. And yeah, em Emma will do what she wants with it. I hope she breaks it up and takes the fabric and makes little purses. Did you see that in mine? No, So there's this woman who had this gorgeous Japanese fabric for her great grandmother's wedding and she's like, I can't wait to take this and make these in two purses for my bridesmaids. It was like the most gorgeous dress and they came at her. I mean, she can do whatever she wants to it. But the people online came after her. They're like, you're gonna make this end up, persons, You're gonna rip this thing up. And it was so crazy. But em I can do whatever she wants.
Speaker 2: It mine, I mean, did she do it?
Speaker 1: Though? I want I don't know. I want to know. I'm sure she did. You're gonna do what you're gonna do, you know, Yeah, and you should.
Speaker 3: It's her dress.
Speaker 1: Exactly, her grandma gave it to her.
Speaker 3: People got to get out of other people's.
Speaker 1: Buns, that's right, Well, everybody thinks they have liberty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's always just like I'm sorry, what.
Speaker 5: No, I've no, I mean, I've really you know, because am I'm not a name, and B I'm always playing sympathetic characters on the whole that I kind of I kind of dodged.
Speaker 3: The the the the hecklers, so to speak.
Speaker 2: Yeah. There. We've had a couple of people on and they've talked about playing an unlikable character, and the stuff they would get online was.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's insane online. A friend of mine from high school has been on Young and the Restless literally since the Dinosaur age. That because that's rude and she's amazing and she's built herself such an amazing career into whatever. But you know, she used to get followed in her car. People wanted, you know, because they were in their home. You know, they're in people's homes in the middle of.
Speaker 1: The day every day and.
Speaker 3: So they're positive they know them, and she would get threats. It was insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those day tennis hopes are something people know. It's a religious no, yes, absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 2: I mean I grew up watching General Hospital every day if I got it, and I.
Speaker 3: The summer between my hold On freshman and sophomore year and my sophomore and junior year in college, I worked for Gennifal General Hospital. I worked in the front office the first summer and the second summer was I worked for the writers. The writers.
Speaker 2: When did you decide, so you worked all these jobs from the age of twelve, Well that was when my dad was a producer, so that was right, you know, but you clearly were in the entertainment business. Yeah, from childhood, when did you start actually being like, I need to be in front of the camera act.
Speaker 3: I always wanted to. I just was insecure. I didn't know, you know, it was like I was never pretty enough and I was never character enough and so the confidence. But I was funny, do you mean? And I knew that but I didn't, but there was no bells and whistles to it. I didn't have a funny voice. I wasn't really charactery. So it was like people just I mean, it still happens, but people just didn't know what to do with me. And so because I didn't know what, you know, where I fit in And I knew like I did a lot of improv in college and things like that. But when I graduated college, I worked at ICM and CAA for a year and a half.
Speaker 2: Did you did you do acting in college? Did you go to school for that?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was a theater major and then I switched to radio TV film at Northwestern and then but that's where I did. I discovered improv and I discovered that my that my brain worked in that way.
Speaker 2: It did.
Speaker 3: It took me a long time. I used to push like nobody's business in comedy, you know, and it's like the worst thing obviously that you can do. And then I really didn't even know that I could do drama. And then I did an episode of Ali McBeal. It was the one hundredth episode, and I mean I was like, oh, God, crying comes easy, you know, you know, and so and then from then on people were like, oh, you know, it's like I can cry, And so I was always the crying mother. I mean we used to joke around that I should just have like a reel of crying snot cry, choke cry, you know, like hysteria, you know of all that, and you know, and it would be it'd be like a menu, which did you like and then just give me a minute to listen to a sad song.
Speaker 1: That's when I remember meeting you for the first time you were on set. I can't remember. Maybe it was when Finn was singing to the sonogram and you were talking about being pregnant human being pregnant. Then you were listening to your iPod. Then you had your wait do.
Speaker 3: You remember this? So you and Leah came up to me and you were saying, I think you'd seen something and you're so sweet. And then I go and I was aware, Jenna that you were not in the first cast of of a Spring Awakening, and I was listening to that.
Speaker 1: That's right, was it? Known? No?
Speaker 3: No, no, No.
Speaker 1: Blue Wind Sowring and Summer. That one, yes, the.
Speaker 3: One where she's basically saying that she was, you know, molestious. So I was listening to that and I was just like, what this is?
Speaker 1: That's funny. I forgot I remember that. Yeah, that's right, But that's where I got the music from. When they decided Tina was going to cry all the time on the show.
Speaker 3: Now it literally says, I mean less crying list Oh yeah. And then if the material is good, then then it's noat but especially if you've got like a d D. If you my ability to carry on many conversations at once is high. Yeah, but if like I'm my job is to do this, I was like, oh, I need, I need, I need a way to stay in that because I won't I'll engage in all of that same so and that's why I will put on I'll put on music.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: And then you get the people they see, because remember they saw the headphones. They were coming out right like AirPods, wins. And I would always be amazed when people would be like, what are you listening?
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you listen to Hello? Hey, hi, hi y?
Speaker 3: So what did you something to make you cry?
Speaker 1: What did you, what did you eat this morning?
Speaker 3: Crying?
Speaker 1: I know I know that.
Speaker 3: But and and I have to say, like, actually, I just finished something in which I play a very officious person ins degree, and uh I literally got home. I was like, I kind of I kind of miss crying. I kind of want to cry. And I was like, I literally, I mean and for uh pretend cry. It's been you know, it's been a while.
Speaker 1: That's where is my protect Yeah? Exactly, that's really really funny.
Speaker 2: I needed that playlist trick. I could have used that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I needed to do that a lot, because my crap wasn't about crying, or it wasn't about sad content. That's the thing. It wasn't even like it came out of nowhere. And it was like, she's crying about my funny while singing my funny Valentine, And you're like, how do you make that work? How do you even make that? That's supposed to be funny but it still supposed to be crying, So like, how do you make that work?
Speaker 3: My hitchcock. There's a few times where I would get the first draft and I'd be like, Carol's got some really good stuff, and I'd get the second, I'd be like, oh okay, and I could still make that work. And then I'd get the shooting script and I'd get Hitchcock coming up to me going, I'm so sorry, we've taken out all the transitions, and that happened. That was the one hold on, hold on when I tell the truth about Finn's dad, when I tell them the truth, this whole thing that would lead up to that. Wait, they'd still get all the way. So I literally had to go from zero six and you're like, everybody out of my way. Okay, I got some start to make.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, exactly, Yeah, she's exactly you know.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, there's a movie if you haven't seen it, but be ready. It's very mushalled truly, madly deeply. It's an independent movie with Juliette Stephenson. It was an English movie and Alan Rickman. It's like kind kind of like ghost you know, Patrick Swayzey, but she has a scene and that was where she is full on like you guys know that of those times where you were crying so like you you choke you literally because it is and it's coming out of it everywhere, and it was it's like it was this independent film, and I was nez Mari because I was just like it was so real and it was like, you know, even you know, it's hard. It's hard to make network stuff real because there's a formula and you know, and and and people have to be brave to try it and make it. But you can't be brave unless you have like a stature.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I was going to ask how you do it, because I think network stuff is hard to make, and network stuff, like making grounded network stuff, it's hard to make. Glee wasn't necessarily the most grounded show on the planet, but your stuff was always was. Did you how as an actor are you conscious of sort of genre like the type of show you're on, the type of or is it sort of seen by seeing basis of these are the scenes I'm in, and these how they read to me? So this is what we're doing. Are you thinking out as at a larger scale, macro level of what the show is and then what network it's on? How does that work for you?
Speaker 3: Not the network, not, not any of that. I think that you've got to get the tone of the show, but in those moments, because I do believe that as wild and crazy as as Glee was is you have to have the other stuff or it's too much totally. So you literally had to have that quiet moment of because it went from Finn singing to a sonogram Yeah bonkers, right, his mom coming in and being like what and then realizing, oh shit, he's gotten someone pregnant. So the only I mean to me, the only way to do that is to play it real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I and.
Speaker 3: My tricks if it's not, if they're no transitions is you know you you you do you talk like a human you you know, people don't talk everything out like it's a script, and so we do pause or mumble or repeat ourselves or whatever. And so that's what I try to do. I really really try. I try not to rehearse it, even in my head as much because I really trust to me, if it's in something where you're you've got another partner, I really do try to find a common ground between the partner, you know, whatever that is, and therefore there's a chemistry, right, because I think that you can we can all pretend for sure that there's chemistry with someone, but if there's really but you can't replace the real stuff. And that's what was unique about all you guys, is all all of you had chemistry together, and that was rare. I mean, it was definitely a unicorn, and I wouldn't have if, you know, if it was just you were watching separate.
Speaker 2: Things, right, And you can feel that as a viewer. You you may not be conscious of that's what you're feeling, but you know it's not exactly right or as magical, you know, magnetic as it could be.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, and so you know, and and and it's and it's part of the job. So I always think that when I do get something really mad and I have to do it, you know, I just.
Speaker 1: I just do it right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I feel like too, if it's particularly something you don't think is of quality, then it can also be another challenge of Okay, how do I make how do I make this work? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Totally yep.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I did two seasons of something. I'm just gonna say. But but it's just like you, You're like, it's I just I could just let me know. You're not gonna let me ret because I think that when when on a television show, if you have a bunch of different characters of different ages and stuff, like that. You have to.
Speaker 2: It's got to be represented, right, Yes, people talk differently.
Speaker 3: You know, and and having a young single person, right, mom dialogue, it's gonna be mom dialogue.
Speaker 2: So you know.
Speaker 3: So my job is to throw in the uh oh right, the.
Speaker 2: Noises acting school of Romie. Yeah, that's what I need.
Speaker 1: That's what I need. I need.
Speaker 2: This is great. We're just doing this selfishly. We're just taking okay, and then what do you do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's but I mean I just finished something and Pete do you know who Pete Holmes is? Yeah? Okay, he was my counterpart. So he's I'm five to four, he's six six, and I was and I was his I'm his superior in this agents interrogation agents, and we we were it was like some of the stuff we just had to keep repeating and like it just would be a different line or different scene, but it was kind of the same stuff. And a lot of my stuff was looks. And I was like at some point, I'm like, I'm fresh out of I don't have can't mouth the gate, can't you know? There there was I mean to totally out myself, but there was because I was back and forth and I was like, you know, I I think I need a little bobo right up here botox for those and uh, not too much.
Speaker 6: But then it hit and I I was in makeup and and uh, I'm like I could There was no surprise, like like it was.
Speaker 3: Literally I'll never do that again. There was literally a lot of like.
Speaker 1: A lot of.
Speaker 2: Big guys, big guys.
Speaker 4: Or you know, a lot of like when I it was like, oh dear, that is not gonna but why.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I can't remember why I was bringing that up. But it didn't matter because I mean, that was it was super fun and god, yeah, you know it is funny.
Speaker 1: Wow, it was funny people. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But and we were always sitting and so I think there was there was a scene where I was standing and all of a sudden, he goes, you're tiny. That's ye.
Speaker 1: I said, just figure this out.
Speaker 3: Now you are just six six, He goes, We're always sitting. It's one of those. And thinking about it, Corey was six three, I'm all with super tall people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were really we were in a van. We were in like four different cars going from like one city to the other. On this on the Hot Topic tour, very early on in our in the Glee life and we stopped at a gas station to get some peeing, to get some snacks, and Corey gets out and all the girls had finally taken their heels off. We've been doing press, you know, with our four inch you know, lubatons. And he looks at us in the girl in the gas station. I'll never forget. He goes like, I'm tall. I remember, and he's like, you guys are so short. We were like, we know it was Emmer and Leah all next to each other. We were like, and we're like, I mean average five to two. Maybe he's like, God.
Speaker 2: I for completely forgot about that. I was in the aisle over.
Speaker 3: That's hilarious.
Speaker 1: So you came back even after Corey passed away? Did you I know, obviously that's not what we were thinking about, but like, did you think like, oh, that's it for my character? Did you think there was like stuff because of Bert and Kurt and everything.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't think that I'd be back. M m.
Speaker 2: M hm.
Speaker 3: I mean to be honest, when when I found out they weren't doing that, they were doing it that. We don't know how Finn passed Like, none of that I hope that I would have been part of that. But the stuff later when I think, gentlemen, you and I had a scene when it was like whatever it was, reaching.
Speaker 1: Whatever it was, it was a hotel room, right, hotel room, like I was.
Speaker 3: I never thought that that I'd be back.
Speaker 1: Wow, that makes sense, but which.
Speaker 3: You know, which I you know, because Chris wasn't even there because that was later on.
Speaker 1: Right exactly, he was off a New York that's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was very I was very very It was very.
Speaker 1: Surprised, right, I didn't even think about that. Yeah, But I.
Speaker 3: Mean, and that's what it is. I mean, even like I was in the last season of a Million Little Things that they only did a half season, and even in that people are often like because I only de nine of those and people are like you only Denine.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: But it's like when you're dealing with an ensemble cast, there are so many stories to tell totally that that that's like that's the kid death for like a recurring unless the arc is about that person.
Speaker 1: You know, totally like that season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I was really surprised done.
Speaker 1: And then the last one obviously where everybody came back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. Yeah, there's a I mean there's a lot of like you you have those isolated fun moments like in Fort. I remember remember Carol Carol directed that, Carol Banker, and I just remember everybody walks down and then I'm walking down and cut just you're mouthing mouthing the words but don't need to sing, and I go, yes, oh my god, seriously, and I mean time and time and time again. Just got so into the Merrit song that I was like, what do you know? I didn't know not. She's like, I have it on film.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm gonna trust that now literal fil.
Speaker 1: You don't need to show me. I just trust yes, now I'm touch you.
Speaker 3: But I remember, I do remember, like it was crazy for everybody else, like you think about production, but that was super.
Speaker 2: Fun so much.
Speaker 1: I remember that one. There are some episodes that kind of go by the wayside, and then there are some episodes like Fort where it's very vivid, the whole episode is very whole episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, also can connect it. I think it helps connecting it to a place that is different from what we were used to every single day. And Tequila that was memorable, you.
Speaker 1: Know, of course, brings people together.
Speaker 2: Oh it did? You were never like when that happened, like, she's amazing, Can.
Speaker 1: We have can we Carol come back all the time?
Speaker 3: Bank?
Speaker 1: You here just all the time?
Speaker 3: She might know?
Speaker 1: What is the feeling that Glee leaves you with? Now?
Speaker 3: I mean I take away I do I take away all the positive stuff, which was friends, I mean it was it was definitely an opportunity for me. There was the negative parts of it, which is like I never got to audition for anything on Fox at Allies in six years, but I only did eighteen episodes.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: When I found that out, I'm like, wait, this is keeping me from potentially working, right. That was very upsetting on a different level, which yeah, I mean just like also what is fair level?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: You know, it just didn't seem very fair. But I always it's like, I always get so excited to see you guys in real life, and that wouldn't happen if we didn't have that, you know, and I didn't have I might have gotten disappointed in the lack of stuff sometimes, but the experience for me was only positive. The on screen you know, again, I wish that I'd had more or you know, a stronger storyline or more or more a more challenging one. M h. But when I was there, I always had a blast, always blast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you made it a blast for everyone else.
Speaker 1: Also brought us a lot of bake goods, so many bake goods.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys actually helped me kind of think about tiny bites even though the never turn into something because I brought I brought muffins and everybody would eat like a half, and then I would seem and be like, no, that's not gonna work. And then I did remember I did them in balls.
Speaker 2: Yes, I remember them.
Speaker 1: And then and then the yeah, we love tiny bites. I think about tiny bites a lot.
Speaker 2: Delicious.
Speaker 3: You know you can total double fist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wouldn't have left half of muffin.
Speaker 1: That would have never left half.
Speaker 3: No, I might have, honey, because you had to put in. No, you had to get in those costumes.
Speaker 2: They weren't exactly, they weren't for everyone is so tiny, watching like everyone is so little and like skinny. Yeah, and just you guys were young.
Speaker 1: Exactly hey day. I mean Chris was thought we were fat.
Speaker 3: But we were so Chris was eighteen. Were you the next youngest Kevin.
Speaker 2: Yes, until Cord came around. And Cord was the youngest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was younger than Chris.
Speaker 2: No, no, he was in between me and Chrish.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah right, yes, yeah, what a time, What a time? And children, truly children.
Speaker 3: And now you have your own. Yeah, that is bonkers.
Speaker 1: It is such bonkers.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Last night we were watching another episode and David looked at me, and because I have he makes I make him watch them all day and he's like, that's on his mom And I was like.
Speaker 3: That's really so sweet.
Speaker 1: You don't think about it that way. Yeah, But then I was like, oh god, she'll never watch it show. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 3: Oh when she starts, you know, she starts dancing and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, my niece started watching it when I was when they were little, but just the musical numbers, so my brother just playing the musical members except for push It anyway, we love you and we're just so grateful that we have you as a friend and thank you.
Speaker 2: Thank you for spending this much time with us today.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I will you know, I would I wish that it was in person.
Speaker 2: I really do love you, Romie.
Speaker 3: Love you, bye bye.
Speaker 1: Well we warned, you.
Speaker 3: Warned you.
Speaker 2: We could talk for days.
Speaker 1: Just just gabbing.
Speaker 2: Gabbin way anything. We just talked. We just talked.
Speaker 1: I know, got a lover. Well, Ronie, thanks for coming on and I hope you guys enjoyed the episode and come back next week.
Speaker 2: That's what you really missed. Thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.