Speaker 1: We were saying, if you watch the Coffee Time the baby you know the name Flame my bro also known as my Row Flame, come in with last and come up with Jim love lambs. Baby, you better catch it when you can drop a knowledge.
Speaker 2: From fatherhood to politics, shouting now comics, just paying homage. What's up? Tips?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: She raised shot towns on speaking to the grown a second. We're gonna last come and kick it in at the end.
Speaker 2: We leave it with just a lift your spirits speak you want to revisit so your friends like a listen, young folks. So you slip, oh folks that we did it good? Kay, don't do what you do? Kany No, do what you do? Chang Nope, do what I do? No this.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, Hey, this is comedian Flame my Roe and welcome to this episode of Laugh and Learn. Baby. We on the countdown for season four. We are almost done with season three and we wholeheartedly thank you from the bottom of our hearts. From our producer mister Aaron Howard, to myself, my beautiful self flavoring Row, and to my gorgeous co host Bobby Clifford, how you are you. We on the countdown to season four, Bobby Clifford.
Speaker 2: Yes we are. We're almost there.
Speaker 3: For is my good luck number, and it's looking real for dangerous honey. So but listen, this is a hot year for politics. And when I say hot, I ain't even talking about hot because the stove it's hot. I'm just talking about it's hot in all capacities. So let's put it to the test and let's see what we got to do. I'm gonna tell you my model right now. It's still I'm raving with bad but he ain't driving. I'm just saying what I got to say. Listen, you you pick and choose who you want. That is who I'm picking. I don't even want to know who you picking because you might scare me. I might like you. You say the wrong thing, I'm gonna stop liking you immediately. Does that mean, Bobby, it's not mean?
Speaker 2: After after the stuff that Trump has said over this past weekend, the ridiculous comments that he thinks he's gaining some sort of favor with the Black voge, I don't think it's mean at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna we're gonna get into all that. But let'st off this week by letting you guys know that I am in Chicago right now, my hometown, my city, and I'm here to do promo. I'm here to celebrate the fifty fifth anniversary of the Baton Show Lounge, which has been a very important part of my career as a female impersonator. I actually started there. I will tell you what year, but if I tell you a year, I had to kill you and I ain't ready to go to jail for murder. And so he's celebrating fifty five years of some of the greatest and female impersonation, mister Jim Flant, So hats off to that. But while I'm here, I've also been picked up to do press for the comedy show that I'm doing, Marshall twenty nine and thirty at Marshall twenty ninth and thirtieth at the world famous Laugh Factor in Chicago. So get your tickets at on the website or go to the box office thirty one seventy five on Broadway. So Friday morning, I am doing WGCI, which is one oh seven point five at seven pm Central Standard, which is eight East Coast and five West Coast. Then at eight point fifty Central Standard, I'm doing Fox News and then at eleven, I'm doing ABC News with our warners. So you guys downloaded on iHeart, which you already should be downloaded on iHeart as you listen to us here on Laugh and Learn for the radio, and you can watch YouTube on Fox later after we tape it. But it's gonna be good. I'm going to advertise and promote and thank my flamance and talk about Laugh and Learn of season four and of course Bobby Clipping and Aaron and everything. So just listening, I get a chance to cut up and this won't be no in and out. I get once I get in and I get to stay.
Speaker 2: Will you, dirty bird?
Speaker 3: I'm not even oh, Bobby, get your man out together. I'm talking about like bread, and I'm talking about bread in the oven. Okay, so you guys listen. I remember May tenth is my showcase for the Elisian for Netflix at the Elysian for Netflix, as a joke. In March sixteenth, I'll be in Pittsburgh speaking of Netflix. My boy down there, Rollin's just dropped his special executive producer by Dave Chappelle. I'm biased to how I feel. I know everybody have their own comedy is suggestive, subjective and everybody feels their own way. But I traveled nine arenas with him. Last year with Dave Chappelle, I also hosted his comedy, his sold out comedy show at Donelle Lamb, which he gives every year and was treated very royally so and I enjoy it. I thought it was good.
Speaker 2: He will cook a million bucks. He really did. He pulled it together.
Speaker 3: I had. I love the blue suit. I had an issue with the red tie. I'm just saying me and the colo rid right now. Who after until after the November fourth elections, me and the color red got an issue. Let me just say it. But yeah, so you guys watching on Netflix. It's called A New Day and Donelle is my boy and it is exacutive produced by the Goat himself, mister Dave Chappelle. So yeah, Bobby, let's get right into it. I just had to get all of that out.
Speaker 2: No, it's informative and we like to hear and we like to hear it too. I don't do we want to do black history at the end of the morning.
Speaker 3: At the end of the Yeah, let's do black history at the een.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you have somebody.
Speaker 3: I'm sure, I'll wrecked my brain.
Speaker 2: Well you'll come up with somebody. Okay, it's just a couple of informs. One of them is Don Lemon's case was finally settled. He is to be paid twenty four point five million, which is actually what the what the rest of his contract would have been had they paid it out. The only unfortunate thing is he's gonna he's gonna lose a third of that right to attorney's fees and whatnot, So that kind of stinks. But he's sort of vindicated.
Speaker 3: Twenty four point five. I know Don Limmit's personal cell phone number. Let me text him and stay if I can buy one hundred dollars. Good God, jeezu, good for Don Limmy. I don't know what happened with that demise over there on C and the end, but they got that new president and it was a lot of shakeups over there. Oh yeah, he just happened to be one of the shakeups. Speaking of Don Limb and I had a dream about Chris Cuomo and Julia Roberts last night. It was the strangest dream. They were married, and they him them with gardening, which I don't do. Guardian ants kept crawling all over me. I couldn't get rid of the ants. I don't know what it meant. But so if anybody knows what ant's crawling over you means, I don't know, because if Chris Colman was in my dream, I damn sure don't want to see him married to anyone else. Good God, No, and not not was ans. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe they were they marching in a row.
Speaker 3: They was they was just all over me. They just forget I'm we had we had a passing this week, Bobby, Yeah, who is it?
Speaker 2: Today? We had Richard Lewis, the comedian actor died today. He had a heart attack.
Speaker 3: Also the mayor of uh of Michigan. I think he was in Michigan. He was the mayor of a city, Flint, Michigan. He passed as well. And he was very outspoken. I cannot think of his name, Bobby, I'm going to google his name.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: He was very outspoken. He was very, very very into uh just helping Michigan, Flint, Michigan with the water crisis that they have because they've had a water crisis for years down there with which water had affected those people, and uh, it's it's just terrible it's things have made everywhere.
Speaker 2: Well, we're I mean we discussed on last week. I don't know if it's going to help a Flint, Michigan specifically, but President Biden is he put money aside. I can't tell you the exact dollar around of the tip of my fingers for infrastructure like water, so everybody has better water throughout the country. He's you know, they're going to go state by state, so let's fingers and toes. It will help. Oh, it's an activist. Eric Mays, a Michigan City council member.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he he was the male version of anti Maxine Waters because he did not play with him when it came down to taking care of the people, which is what politicians signed up to do. Yeah, it's to cove it and take care of their people. That is the first priority and the first authority and job description. You are supposed to take care of the people that actually voted for you to put you in that position. But of course that that's like throwing the baby out with the bath water.
Speaker 2: Oh, I wonder does it do? Tell us how he passed? He was only sixty five in today's day and age. That's that's relatively young.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: Quickly and his family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was a strong soldier. Okay, Bobby, let's get okay, where we going.
Speaker 2: So the next is, there's so much. It's so jam packed today, just literally what happened today. I'm hoping we get to everything. If not, we'll stay tuned. We'll we'll round it up next week. Mitch McConnell, he's going to step down as the minority leader of the Senate in November. He's going to complete his Senate seat, which I think goes through twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 3: I believe.
Speaker 2: He looked a little slim today. Always a little turtlish the way he holds his head, but a little slim. I think he got a little, a little choked up. I have a feeling he's being pushed out. He's not necessarily willingly going out, And it makes me nervous that that maga Wright is somehow growing like a fungus.
Speaker 3: Well listen, you see what. They holding him there until November, and we haven't seen it in quite some time, So they're holding him until after November fourth, which will be the it's all overplay for the underplay, but underplay for the overplay. But listen, I hope Mitch McConnell gets his health together, because inasmuch as I don't care for him in that position, we could actually get somebody way worse, way worse.
Speaker 2: Isn't it the truth? It's like the devil, you know, is the old expression goes. I mean, we're only days away March first, in March eighth from government shutdown. Parts of the government are going to actually shut down, and we can't even get things moving with that. At least he seems sort of dedicated to at least he gave a slip service that he didn't want necessarily the government to shut down, but they still won't pass that that Ukraine Aid and the border bill.
Speaker 3: Well, Mims McConnell may not even know what was going on. He might be somewhere frozen.
Speaker 2: Oh, I will say he looked He looked pretty on it today, like he he was sharp. He had his notes in front of him and he just but he was just speaking pretty easily.
Speaker 3: So whatever that is, speaking of being sharp, I beloved President President Joseph ar Biden had a health test today and he cleared it with with a straight a. So he's doing His health is really good. He was walking like a boss today. He looked fantastic. He did an interview the other night and I think it was Jimmy Kimo or somebody, and they said, so you're anyone used that? He said, who told you? I thought he was sharp. I thought it was funny.
Speaker 2: He's got a great sense of humor. SLF Whatevereth Exeth Mayer. Yes, he's the late No, no, the late late byer. You were right, the late lights.
Speaker 3: Myers h And I love that Joe Biden. President Biden just shows you that that's quick wit. The quick wit requires an intellect, it required, it requires a cuts acute sharpness. He's there kind of like what you tell me bout me? I want sharp play. I don't want the other plane. So he had not he had not been in the Edibles because he was very sharp, mister bid I appreciate that, and I think I think him and Jill had did a little slipper slab real talk.
Speaker 2: I think when you have a speech impediment, like a stutter, and you've got multi layered information that's coming in, I think you do get a little slower. And he wants to be careful how we how we get stuff out. But I think in any of the times I've seen him. Does he have gaps, Yes, but he had gaps at thirty five, you know, like that's sort of his that's sort of his thing. Trump was was had some sort of interview and he was calling his wife Mercedes. I don't know if she drives her Mercedes. I don't know. Her name is Melaenia. So you know, I don't think one is necessarily better than the other.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm very happy that our president got a clean bill of help again with Baden, but he just not driving. Okay, Bobby, where are we going?
Speaker 2: Okay? So speaking of him, he actually met with Alexei Alban now Navami, I killed that name with the daughter and the wife, and he said he you know, I guess he had a nice speech with him and told him how how courageous they were. And he's put sanctions on on Russia. He had sanctions before, but as they kind of keel back the onion and they see all the other banking systems and everybody that's involved. He added an additional say that ten times fast, five hundred sanctions that he's placed on them. But it makes me nervous because they've got that poor girl there.
Speaker 3: So yeah, And to anybody listeners, who's wonder whose no value is? That was the outspoken of a guy in Russia who spoke up against and and out against uh Vladimir Putin, and he had been in prisons for so many years and he ended up suddenly dying. So that's who it was.
Speaker 2: Just a walk on a walk people they did. His mother did get the botto back. They were holding the body because I'm sure I hate to think of what condition it went back to them, because I am sure that they're gonna want to have done something to it so that, you know, a private post mortem would be skewed. You know, they're not going to want to show that he would they poisoned him again, or they beat him up or whatever it is. So I can't imagine. But it made a difference to his mom because his mom wanted to bury him, you know, and the Christian faith that's you know, you need to have the body. Did you lose your phone last week and that whole big outage.
Speaker 3: Thing that happened absolute.
Speaker 2: I did. I'm an at and tier.
Speaker 3: I'm verson, Well, see you're you're more bougie.
Speaker 2: I guess I was old. Sell one must sell one when it was back in the day, like in the nineties when the phones first came out. I just kept it. And then they got bought out, and they got bought out, and they got bought out, and they got bought out. I did get something today that said, this is hysterical. So I lost six hours of work. They're going to give me five dollars for my inconvenience.
Speaker 3: Oh I saw that, Bobby, I said, wopping by the You can't even buy big BAC with five dollars. Let me tell you something. Every time they just send some satellites up to out of space, they keep messing with each other. They go up there messing with ET. It messes up something down here. Et made a phone out of a Etger sketch, some batteries and a damn wired hangar no wire hangers, and called his people and went home and y'all keep messing with him. Yeah, that was bad for a lot of people. Now imagine being stranded somewhere and you in dire emergency. That was crazy.
Speaker 2: Well, I have to VPNN, right, So it's remote end to get into the systems, and you need a phone to be able to do it. It has to go through it has to go through a phone wire, so I really did. I mean, it was nice to have the day off, but you know, trying to make up the time so you don't you don't lose the time as kind of the pits. But anyway, that was that. I just wanted to see if if you had had heard anything, because it's stunk. Something that's good. I'd like to pass along a little good news. There's a woman named Ruth Gottsman. She's the widow of a billionaire financier. She also was a professor. She has given donated one billion dollars to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the Bronx to cover tuition indefinitely. She's ninety three years old. She wants to make sure that the gift is given because she wants to attract a diverse pool of applicants. She doesn't want them leaving med school with any debt. I think it's terrific. These are the types of things that we need to just sort of level the playing fields.
Speaker 3: After her how many billion, one billion, Well she knows she couldn't take it with us, so I'm glad for that, thank.
Speaker 2: You, But she could have given it to the next She could have done anything, given it to the cats.
Speaker 3: Right, at least she won't one it ed. I'm gonna leave everything to my dog. You know, if somebody ever have a dog and you leave a billion dollars to that dog, and you leave that dog with me, that dog will be right behind you.
Speaker 2: Oh, he couldn't live, fighter, couldn't live without you, he was, Yeah.
Speaker 3: He's gone. You think I'm gonna fighter up and gold houses and all that fighter would be. Don't worry. He on his way. He's coming right back, Joe, I'm Peter. It's a joke. Before y'all get in your feels, because you know you can't even say anything no more. It was a joke, y'all. Good God, But your chances.
Speaker 2: Are though not speaking, dogs get really attached. So depending on.
Speaker 3: I would at least wait thirty days.
Speaker 2: Good Jesus, could you imagine Timmy? Timmy would be would be like one of those old Italian ladies. Haven't laying across the casket if anything ever happened to you. Do we need to be able to handle it?
Speaker 3: Do we have to make a personal I do not want my Timmy on my dish. Oh my god, must be personal. Bobby Cliff and Jesus take the wheel.
Speaker 2: To Biden and Trump are both going to the border tomorrow because they're trying to get that edge on immigration. I don't know how Trump can hold his head up on this one, where he's telling everybody not to do something for the emergent issue that's going on. We just had that poor nursing student, Lincoln Riley, who was killed by a criminal that got across the border Jose Antonio Ebarra. I guess he was twenty six. So I'm sure that somebody's going to throw out either side that you know, this girl was killed and it's together scouts. But it's hard to think had they put that in a week ago, maybe nothing would have happened to her two weeks ago, like when they wanted.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Bobby, I don't every time we discussed excuse me out, but every time we discussed the immigrant problem. They keep putting it on this president and you can't even put it on Trump. It's been happening for so many different presidencies. The weight is falling right now so heavy on President Biden because ex President Trump has put out the dog whistle for them not to approve something that they all want it anyway. It's just crazy.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. But there's two the way that I look at it, there's two issues with this. There is the emergency that the bill that's sitting on Mike Johnson's desk that he doesn't even want to bring that would resolve, you know, or do something with. And then there's actual immigration reform, which President Trump could run on. An immigration reform, there's a whole big kettle of fish that he can still fry. So, you know, I don't understand what that is. But that's and they have like that Georgia State had, Georgia College had two kids. Augusta University I think it was had two people that had died. So that's a lot for a campus to have to deal with. So that's that's pretty that's pretty crappy stuff to think that you can't even go for a run to clear your mind to get ready to study, because it's always the best way you're gonna worry about something happening to you. Yeah, okay, I'm right moving on, moving on that FAI informant was charged again for the same stuff. We'll see what happens. We'll see what happens with him. Hunter Biden did go this morning and he had that closed door, that closed door deposition, and he had a couple of nice quotes that had come out, but he really kind of held them a task. He said, he's here today to provide the committees. Was one of the uncontestable facts that should end the false premise of the inquiry that I did not involve my father in any of my business. So I mean, but you know, both people were claiming victory. The Democrats came out and they were squawking one thing, and the Republicans came out and they were squaking something else on the other side of the stage. So we'll see what happened. Yeah, it's it's it's really sad, he said. To be clear, I've made mistakes of my life. I've squandered opportunities and privilege that were afforded to me, and I know that I'm responsible for that, and I'm making amends for that. But my mistakes and shortcomings are my own and not my father's, who's done nothing but devote his entire life to public service and try to make this country a better place to live.
Speaker 3: So I kind of think that Hunt your biding with that quick wit and that comeback and he's not afraid to speak, is man, I think it's kind of hot. Let me just say.
Speaker 2: That, I wish. But but on the other side, they were Republicans, They're they're they're not giving it up, you know, They're they're still gonna go ahead with the with the impeachment inquiry. This doesn't this doesn't end here, you know, just because he had a few a few statements. So I'm gonna be honest, I'm a little bit I'm a little bit disappointed with that because what is it flame? What is your special going to be called?
Speaker 3: Distractions booth? Yeah, brace yourself.
Speaker 2: And that's all it is. That that really is all it is. It's it's pretty pretty disappointing.
Speaker 3: But on a lighter note, yeah, Trump Trump has offered to pay only one hundred million dollars of the three hundred and fifty five million dollars Silver Frog case because he claims this billionaire who's you know, so he's so rich and he claims he doesn't have it, Well.
Speaker 2: He's gonna yeah, he's offering that bond. But but the appeals court denied it. Uh, you know, they denied it so that that's going, we're kind of moving on. I just wish we're kicking the can down. And so one of the big things that that is happening and it's unfolding. So I don't have a lot of information, and I don't know if you you do either, is Scotus has agreed to hear the his his ridiculous declaration that he has immunity the Appeals Court, the Federal Appeals Court bundled it up very nicely, and they packaged it up, I think knowing that he was going to go to the next level. So I think that they're going to vote in the end exactly how the Appeals Court did. But this is pure politics right now. So he put three people and remember, and they're going to drag it out. They're going to drag it out so that Jack Smith can't do his dojks.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the killer. He appointed three Federal Supreme Court justices while he was in office, and the fact that the Lord Court has already made a ruling on it. The Supreme Court is fed off of them. They should have said no. My fear is that them even giving him a hearing, Bobby, is that they should have just denied it from jump, but they did not. I'm telling you, it is mind bothering to see which way we are going with all of this. But this is the America that we live in.
Speaker 2: If they did, I mean part of me I feel sort of mixed on it, Like it didn't even occur to me that they would try to drag things out because these are people that are highly educated and they're supposed to be impartial and blah blah blah. Because I was thinking part of me thought, you know that President Trump, with his personality, is not going to believe anybody but the best right. So if the best make the same decision, which is what everybody seems to think, it really can't go very well. Even his own counsel. I don't think that they think that they could win on the merits of the actual case. So I was thinking that might be okay, but they need to do it expeditiously like they did with the ruling back when Nixon was you know, it was either going to be impeached, thrown out, resigned. You know, when the all that Watergate stuff was going on, I was thinking that they would hear it like within the next week and make a decision by the end of March. I'm making it up fantasy. I was completely a fantasy. They're not even going to hear the case until April twenty second, and all we can hope is that they make some sort of decision really quickly. I'm hoping they're not going to drag it out so that this case doesn't go because it's you know, Biden could do anything then, right, it's only while you're in office. But Biden could do something horrific and he could just say, oh, I got immunity.
Speaker 3: Well here's the killer. I don't think I don't even think we have hit the precipice of all the charges that are going to come up against Donald Trump. The crime that he have, the ninety one and federal indictment charges, I mean federal charges that he has now won't even come close to what we don't know. And I believe there's a lot more that we don't know that happened while he was the sitting president of these United States, because they give it to us in doses. So I don't even think that we know. But I'm telling you, when it does come out, if they give him full community child but his words that he said, thank you, Missylua Fara Kahn, who said that he was the most transparent person on the planet. He said that I could shoot so many years ago, he said, I could shoot somebody on the avenue and nothing would happen to me. It is really starting to look like that body. It really is starting to look like that.
Speaker 2: Well. I hope to God that they come back with the right decision. As I said, my big fear is I want them to do it time. I want them to be fair, flame and to do it timely so that everything else can push on. Because the Jack's case is really the case that it's the only when anyone's interested. Nobody cares about the hush money. Nobody cares about you know, it's it's so long ago and whatever. But that one is to me, that's an important one. And they're also doing one on free speech about what social media can put out, so I'll be interested. I'd rather than put that on hold and do Trump's case. But it'll be interesting to say what happens with that one.
Speaker 3: You say his name three times? Let me go to out of space. Can we talk about the Odysseus.
Speaker 2: Say that yeah, that's it is? It just did it. Hey, they were up there. It's the first first anything sent up to the moon in in like over fifty years since the seventies. I don't know how much they got. They got some pictures, but the one thing that they did get was some frozen water, which is remember I kept saying, I don't know what the benefit of this is, because there's always a benefit, there's always I know that they put they brought a bunch of hardware up there too, in some of the high hardware like titanium, and there's like all sorts of things we get from space. Like they go and they do something, we find find out, oh yeah you can, you can use it for that, and then we take that technology and we come we kind of improve it. So it will be interesting to see what they do with the water.
Speaker 3: Well, personally, I think that this is so adious. Odysseus was drunk because as soon as they're landed, it turned over on its side. I think it had been in my edibles.
Speaker 2: I hope it was putting up a cell phone tower. Wouldn't that be nice so that I don't lose out.
Speaker 3: I don't know what they're trying to find out there, you know, they keeps holling. They want to live there, and they want to live they want to make an atmosphere. Y'all gonna stay up out of there if they listen. Listen, ET went home and the ET was nice. But I bet you them brothers that he is was probably a mother hubb But ooh, I don't know, Bobby, I'm sure and I love that the mankind was created to want to explore and want to know more and want to, you know, find things out. But some things I don't know if I want to know body.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, if it's medical advantages and stuff, like you know, something that keeps popping in my mind. I feel so badly for is that well, Wendy Williams with the dementia, Like if you can get if you can make medical advantage advances based on whatever you can get up there, or whatever you could get actually just in space, not necessarily on the moon while they were there, I think that's terrific. I am not. I am like you. I am not going to watch that special because I feel like she's being taken advantage of And I don't know who benefits flame, like who gets the mind Like I just don't get it. Somebody was saying to me, you know that they she got to be the executive producer. I'm like, I don't know if she knows her name. She still thinks it's her ex husband's name. Like, so, is she really executive producing something that could just be a title they gave her?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I feel badly. By God bless her. She was a force. I mean she for ten or so years, she was like a total household name.
Speaker 3: Oh, Queen of Queen of Daytime, the show, Queen of all the mess. But you know, yep, And some people will say it was her calm or some people say, but you never know what's going to happen to you in this life, and that's just the truth. You just live each day and hope that every day this or that can be better, but you don't never know what's gonna happen. But I don't want to see it because I want my fond memories of Wendy cutting up and reading and gossiping, you know, because at that time when she was that queen, I enjoyed it. So I don't want to see her like this. I've seen some clips on ex Bobby and oh my god, she's She's not unrecognizable. But the person that I knew is unrecognizable, That's what I want to say.
Speaker 2: But nobody's home, you.
Speaker 3: Know, and the lights ain't on. Somebody's there, but ain't no life on. But somebody is there, but the a't no light.
Speaker 2: And there but for the grace of God, you know, because you can get early onset Alzheimer's, you can get anything. So I wish are the best. And I hope to God whoever is taking care of her is actually taking care of her.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: They have her in a safe place, and it seems like it's very messy everything that's going on right now. So I wish her all the best. Did you hear Trump is selling sneakers?
Speaker 3: Oh they're gold.
Speaker 2: They look like what Sophia from the Golden Girls came out with one day. I don't know what they the ugliest, the ugliest sneakers, but I guess Fat Joe bought a pair and everybody's all up in arms. I don't know why he's bragging.
Speaker 3: On them, but he said he was. He said he was the sneaker collector, but he was never going to wear them. My issue with the whole situation, why I talk about it and it's still supporting the plight. But and I get that if you the bottom on the low, you could have kept them on the low. But the Internet has made so many different people and so many different types of people seek attention, and it's almost intoxicating the way they I need some likes, I need some attention. I need to be validated. I need to prove to people that this person likes me, and I can get this many people to watch me. And it is almost mind boggling. Bobby, But I to me that and know this that at Joe, But that's supporting something that you say you're not against. That you're against So if you're not going to wear and what was the purpose of buying them? Yeah, they may become collectives items, but to whom other supporters of the same person that you won't vote for. Yeah, the logic don't make sense to me.
Speaker 2: Well, it's bizarre. And he also the little clip because they only show you the clickbait like that comes on your Instagram or whatever. But he said he didn't pay for them, So then are you in the premi of the horrible comments that Fox News was saying that he's trying to make black photos uh more identifiable to him because they like sneakers. Is that what they is? That what he was thinking, So they sent him a pair of free There's no way I would have hawked those. As you said, keep him on the low box and put him in the in the closet if you think, but don't talk about him no any Yeah, poor kid will be who won't have the money will be saving because he got him. So they must be worth something, right, I mean some of the comments that he's just coming up with Trump is just I know that Alvin Bragg wants to put a gag order on him. I'm like he should just have a just universal gaggler like anything.
Speaker 3: And and and here's the writing on the will Bobby. If you think that he is out of out of control with they hit him with a gag order before he just he just he just ignored it. They have they've hit him with all these charges and caught him, found him, did to write guilty on so many things. If he gets immunity, could you even possibly.
Speaker 2: Imagine he'd be a monster, like like a real monster, because he would he would get off. And Nikki Haley still running. She lost, She lost in her own state she was a two turner and she lost in her own state. The only thing I was listening to them actually discussed it on the View the other day and I said, I thought that was sort of interesting. And they were saying that this actually speaks to just the primary the facts that Niki Healey actually got forty percent, it means he's not going to bode well for the general election. They had, you know, one of their talking heads that were on, and I thought, oh, it's't that kind of interesting. I never even kind of thought it like that. But I think she's hanging in just to get the spot if he gets rested, you know, like if something happens, and she'll be, you know, standing in line.
Speaker 3: Well, I did say before on this on this platform, she was the more she talks, the worse she gets. I think Nikki Haley has some great talking points, but I think that she just I don't know. I think that she got beside herself a little got a little too moved a little too fast, that's the word I want to say. And she just was she was over talking herself and then on very important topics, especially important to person a person like me, when it comes down to the black issues and slavery. Whatever she missed. She dropped the ball as opposed to saying, well, let's let me get back to you of that or what have you. And I know people wanted an answer, but sometimes those spontaneous answers get you in way more trouble than just saying let me get back to you, because let me think about it, let me process it and answer in a way that I would have everybody at least with a cool temperament. I think she just.
Speaker 2: No, they dug it deep before. I mean, she came out. She came out like a lion.
Speaker 3: She came out like a lion, but she going out like a.
Speaker 2: Lit She got layup. That's like March right. So with Alabama has the IDP. So they ruled that IVF that the that the embryos are children, so, which is really tough for parents because you know the ir parent. They have the IVF process. They fertilize the eggs. Some of them are what they call viable and they save those and others are not viable. They're out of poor quality. They're not going to survive whatever, and they're not going to be able to destroy them. So I don't know if it's been since since removed, but all IVF is sort of on pause. So all these poor women over the past two months that have been pumping themselves full of full of hormones aren't able right now to have their IVF done in Alabama. And that said, the Attorney General said he has no intention intensions of prosecuting IVF participants, so I think they're sort of revisiting it anyway. Nicki Haley came out and said she agrees with the ruling. Dead embryos are children. And I'm thinking, Nikki, if you're trying to get if you're trying to get anybody that's sort of like a moderate and not like the Mega right, you just lost it and the independence. Not to me, that wasn't the smartest thing that she could have said. I think I would have just kept my mouth shut with that one. Or again, I need to I need to speak to get to speak to someone about the science of it something.
Speaker 3: Yeah. That with that one, Bobby, I don't know, I don't know. I don't even know what to say about that because they don't want to say something ridiculous like we're our tadpoles fish, I mean, our tadpost frogs.
Speaker 2: No, they're they're they're fertile, they're fertilized, they're already passed the point. So that's the thing. And embryo is not viable outside of anything outside of the tube. So if if you and your partner had had your kids by by IVF, are you supposed to carry around in a test tube in the back of your refrigerated those embryos for the rest of your life that that CONTs of. It's it just makes no sense to me, but it's it's yeah, well, well we'll see where that goes. But my god, if that that stuff starts to pass, we all better look out because none of us are safe with anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's it's whoa. It's like whoa, Bobby Clifford. It's like, whoa, it is whoa.
Speaker 2: You know what this month is, it's this is the last Tomorrow's leap Leap Day. It's Black History Month. It's going out. It's going out like a like a lion.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, tomorrow is tomorrow the twenty ninth, Yes, it is okay, So February to twenty ninth, twenty sixteen, doctor uh, doctor Terry de Brow did my breasting plants.
Speaker 2: Oh so they're only a couple of years old.
Speaker 3: Then they're only a few years old.
Speaker 2: That's hysterical. So that's today.
Speaker 3: They right, it was the leap year, so I always remember that, and he did fantastic work. If you guys haven't seen that episode of Batch, it was a Father's Day edition, go figure, so go watch it.
Speaker 2: That's hysterical. How long do person new planes last?
Speaker 3: Well, these new ones are supposed to last like twelve to fifteen years, but I don't put that much use to man, so they might last a little longer.
Speaker 2: I just care. I never thought about it.
Speaker 3: Somebody.
Speaker 2: I heard somebody say that they have an expiration, Like, there's an expiration, Like I just assumed you put them in and they sort of lasted forever. I didn't know that unless you wanted to go bigger.
Speaker 3: Well, you change the air pressure and your tires. You change your tires, so everything gets gets gets old. You know, you gotta get them, and they get droopy and saggy, they like they like regular booths. They just you know, fall by the wayside. All of that.
Speaker 2: You need an over the shoulder boulder holder. But I chose for my Black History month Tony Morris said, who was born Chloe Anthony Wolford and nineteen thirty one. She was a pull surprise winner and a novelist and one of the big things that she did was Beloved in nineteen eighty seven, so she was pretty amazing. I've actually ordered the book. I'm going to read the book because I had never had it. I've heard it, talked about it a lot. I've listened to the book, but I actually want to read it in like write notes and all that jazz.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: It was like an American Civil War. It was kind of cool. I think they had like a ghost that was from the Civil War. They bought a house or something. I'm interested to see it.
Speaker 3: My Black History choice for this month is late great Paul Mooney. I'm going to have to say that. I don't have to say that because Paul Mooney, who was an American comedian who was very and did Gregory, because I'm choosing comedians today because I'm a comedian, because they were not only were their comedians, but they were very powerful in the movement of a black a black empowerment, and not just in power, but equal rights for all. And to remember that you were a person in this country. But Paul Mooney. I never met Dick greg I did see him one time at a show, but I didn't get a chance to meet him. But I listened to some of his stuff now. He was very, very prolific, especially about the world that we live in now. But Paul Mooney I met a few times, and he was so funny, and he was always political. He was always pointing out the differences in race, especially black people and white people. But when I met him once for the first time, he told me. He says he saw me on stage as a club called the Common Union, which we no longer have, but I missed that club so much. He says, I don't care who you on stage with, bitch, they gonna always remember the sissy in the dress. And he said it to me, just like that. Bobby and I told a girlfriend of man and she said, well you offended. I said, not at all. That was a great compliment. That was talent in somebody. You could give me exactly, and some things out of the way you receive them and not the way that people pour them into you, because you looking for a challenge. I thought that made He was saying to me that I made such a statement that it did matter. If I was gonna say the greatest person in the world, I would always be remembered. But and I say that point to say, as a lot of these things, these distractions that you arguing over the internet with, you invite yourselves to things that you weren't even invited to. Y'all, we have to stop all of this because it's getting ugly. But Paul Mooney was a great comedian and so is the Gregory. So those are my choices for the Black History the end of Black History Month tomorrow. And uh yeah, I know laugh alone is not a long episode tonight because we do on a countdown how many more we have six or seven?
Speaker 2: I think this is forty three so nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. We thank you guys. Let me tell you something. If we lose this election by one vote and you have chosen to do because what have the Palestinians put on there? They have a new thing called none something non commissioned vote that none of that is relevant. None of that the third party. And I understand that we should have a third party. I understand that we want to have it. I'm with that too, but we too close to a finish line of not being able to make that work between now and November fourth, that we have to Our only options are President Biden or ex President Trump. That is the only options that we have right now, and a vote for not either one of those is the wrong vote because it's just a waste of time. If you're going to take the time to vote, at least vote for a relevant party. I'm not telling you who to vote for. I would like for you to vote blue. I'm just being very honest, but I cannot tell you who to vote for. But if you vote for anything else besides the Herd or the Blue, it's a waste of your time in hours because the vote will just go get discarded. And I know it doesn't sound good to say that, but that is just the actual truth. And let's build back better. Ooh, come on your body, let's build back better now. Put by my opinion, put back back in office for four more years. And while he's in office day one, let's start pushing to a the narrative to have a third.
Speaker 2: Or no party or you know everybody, So have everybody that's out there and they just run for president. They don't have to be sides. They could just be who's the best, who's the best for the job. And I feel like this is my opinion. This is like an opinion piece, you guys. I feel like this isn't a red or blue this time. This is our do you like democracy or do you not? It's because the Republican candidate isn't there. There were many candidates that would have been more viable. Unfortunately they didn't make it. It's it's former President Trump, and we already know he's told us who he is. He shows us who he is. I mean, he, as I said, just this last weekend, he had three or four different racist comments. He's already said he's going to get rid of them best NBC that was the latest thing, a little clip I heard of him. So he's telling us who's going to be. So you either want that or you want somebody who's got his nosed out down and doing the job. Does he look old, Yes, the poor man he didn't age well with the last three years. They've been up on him, but he's still doing the work.
Speaker 3: To be fair, no president has. The only person that looked exactly the same going in and coming out was the president that did not do any of the work. And that was President Trump because he ran on a platform again of the border patrol, I'm building a wall. Here we are eight years later, no wall. Tons of immigrants still coming into the United States that everyone is against but y'all. But that was his platform. That is how he won, and he did not deliver. He will not deliver again on anything but the bad stuff. He will not deliver on any of the promises that he is making.
Speaker 2: He's only going to be a dictator on day one because he's going to get rid of everything else so that he can be a dictator for all time. He doesn't need any more than that, right, So he's telling us who he is, and I don't think he's necessarily one hundred percent stable. I'd like to see his with his physical shows, because he's make plenty of gaps himself.
Speaker 3: But I'm calling his wife the wrong name. I can only imagine what he calls his children mercy.
Speaker 2: I'm like, was he did he see a car? Or something like? What kind of gap is that? But we do all make him. If he wasn't being so miserable to Joe Biden, I wouldn't even talk about that because we've all. My mom goes through all three of her girls' names until she gets the right one, you know, every single time. And she's been doing that since their thirties.
Speaker 3: And to be very transparent, I love the I love the showmanship of Trump. I love the ridiculousness of him on a reality TV show, but not in his and not in the head of the country, not in the White House, not as the president of the United States. I just don't think that he meets the criteria for that, and neither do I. But I'm not running for president. And there it is right there, y'all.
Speaker 2: No nor that. What do I want to And I say, God, bless the eighty one year old who's willing to do fourteen to eighteen hour days and still do the work because there is enough, yaball.
Speaker 3: Yeah. President Obama looked went in and looking young and fresh, came out those good.
Speaker 2: Jogged up those stairs. I remember seeing him just even a couple of months in and in his temple started going white. If he wasn't jogging anymore, he was gonna walk. I'm like, oh, this is a lot harder than I thought, because he walked into that horrible recession, right. But anyway, but that's it, folks.
Speaker 3: That's a very hard job, by the way, and it's not a job that I would won't even for a day, they think, would you want to be president for a day? Not even an hour? Not even an hour?
Speaker 2: A lot of responsibility on your shoulders. Everything you do is wrong. You you can never win. I talk with friends who are on the other side, and I used to be able to have a conversation. It's really my mom's my mom's people, and they get themselves so wound up. We can listen to the exact same speech and come away with two totally different outcomes, And I'm like, did you hear what they said? But nope, Yeah, so yeah, I want to get away with that, you know, get over that. I want that to end. I'm hoping, I'm hoping, hopefully November the right thing will happen and the next four months we can get some more work done.
Speaker 3: Well, let's see, y'all. We're down to the wire. And it's very important and very imperative that you early vote to walk your vote in, just take the time to do the responsibility of being an American citizen, because to me, that is one of the main responsibilities of being American. Yeah, we got freedom of speech and freedom to bear arms and all of that, but your freedom to choose the right to vote for the one that you feel is best for you. For you, But I'm not right now. I don't want you to speak individually. I want you to think as a country, because that's what we're going to lose. We're going to lose our country. I don't want to lose my country, Bobby. They keep talking some go back to where you came from, Obama House in New Zealand. Give me two million dollars and put me on a nice cruise ship over there with all my front and everything, and I'll go.
Speaker 2: I have no this is where I came from. I wouldn't even know how to go over and and Potato pick an island that will be devastating to me. I got the hands for it, though, Bigness. I'm a catch in the old country. I'm a real catch.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Lady Emma, thank you guys for joining us for this week's episode of Laughing larn And again, like always, we will never change the model here because here are laugh Aline. We are not trying to get you to change your mind. We are only trying to get you to use your mind, because why, Bobby.
Speaker 2: The mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Speaker 3: And a vote is the even worse thing to wat And I'm telling you right now, all of you guys who are talking about I don't like either one of the candidates, well, guess what. A whole lot of us are not crazy about either one of these candidates. But your responsibility for to choose because this is the America that we live in. We have to make a choice of who we're going to pick if we lose this presidency. And I'm talking to the Democrats about one vote, to people who did not vote because they say it's not going to matter, you are the reason we lost. We lost by your one vote.
Speaker 2: That's what it's going to come down to. I mean, remember we have the electoral College. People, we need every stinking vote that we can possibly get.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because we're headed for oh a brick wall, and they didn't build the other wall. But we damned your headed for brickwall because he didn't build that other wall. So we headed to that wall. We won't never hit nothing because that wall was never built.
Speaker 2: Please, I'm going to be bashing my head on the Wall if it goes the other way, let me tell you.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys for joining us listen. I am in Chicago. I will be at the Chicago That Factory March twenty ninth and thirtieth, which is a Friday, and said to get your tickets on the website or at the box office thirty one seventy five off Broadway. I will be on a bunch of different media platforms this Friday, which is the first It's Friday. The first.
Speaker 2: Friday is Yes.
Speaker 3: Friday is April first, seven o'clock am. I will be on WGC. I went on seven point five here in Chicago. Then I'm doing Fox News and then I'm doing ABC without Warner. So you guys listening slays. Thank you so much for all the gratitude. You can follow Bobby Clifford at Clifford Bobby on Instagram and at Bobby Clifford on Facebook. And I am a Flay Monroe on a social media platforms except for Instagram my Monroe dot flame until I get my old page back. We love you, we appreciate you, we need you, and we need you. And not only do we need you to support our podcast, but as American people, we need you. We need you to step up, step out, step in, step around, step on, because this year is critical and I mean that. I'm saying that with my whole heartfelt heart because I'm afraid and I'm never afraid, but we need you, Bobby Clifford, you and me.
Speaker 2: I heard you. I'm a I know you need me. I'm gonna be there with the bells on. I'll be jingling the whole way, good way into vote.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to vote in my man name in and my woman naming, but got to do it. I'll do it.
Speaker 2: I could talk deep and I could go for a Bobby Bobby right.
Speaker 3: Thank you Aaron Howard, our producer, for giving us a fabulous or another season, and we would talk to you guys so on, peace out, good night, Bobby ce bye, honey. Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn. Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast Network, I Heart Radio, app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learn Podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tiffany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Christy Payne. Thank you, guys. This is flaming Road. Don't forget to laugh, Listen and learn