Speaker 1: Nobody wants to, but it's got to be done. We're cleaning out the sound fridge. On one more thing.
Speaker 2: I'm one more thing.
Speaker 1: That's a lie. I like it. It's easy and fun.
Speaker 2: I'd like to be the guy who is one more thing. You don't have the boy I don't.
Speaker 1: Thanks metal guy. By the way, I love that theme, Michael. Do we have any jokes unused from today's show? Yeah, we do. Okay, if they're any good, go ahead, Lego open.
Speaker 3: A new factory today in Vietnam that operates entirely on clean energy.
Speaker 1: It's a state of the art facility. And oh, what's that?
Speaker 2: I'm being told the dog knocked it over?
Speaker 1: Wow, that is a very silly joke. And how about that other one?
Speaker 4: Well, guys, Just hours after his new tariffs went into effect this afternoon, President Trump announced a ninety day pause, which made the stock market skyrocket. Yeah, the market just had the best day in years, jumping nearly three thousand points. Who knew we'd reach a point where the economy feels less stable than Kanye West? What I can handle the daily swings in the market right now. Having a diversified portfolio means you're taking Xanax, Valum and.
Speaker 1: Kloniphant pharmaceutical humor.
Speaker 2: There has anybody done a wellness check on Kanye since his wife dumped him last week. She tried to get him committed unsuccessfully and she dumped him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he could be like in Gene Hackman shape at this point. Yeah. Wow, Okay, so this is a natural sound as we say, it's just a crowd noise essentially of Tim Walls at the Capitol trying to make some sort of speech and he was being heckled by veterans Tan Michael, welcome to the Capitol. Wow, they're yelling, coward and shut your fing mouth at him.
Speaker 2: I don't like shouting people down, So I'm going to stand to always be against shouting people down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't. I don't like the heckler's veto.
Speaker 3: I really a quick Kanye update. He is at it again on Twitter as we speak.
Speaker 2: Is he really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He's fine? What's his U? What's what's he mostly talking about? The Jews?
Speaker 3: He Uh, He's posted a picture of himself with Obama and he said, Okay, how many tweets am I at? Did I beat the record yet? And he's just going off on a.
Speaker 2: Thing to do as a billionaire.
Speaker 1: Wow, he's a lot.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, troubled nut job. Here's Anderson Cooper trying to have some sort of town hall with Bernie Sanders and makes a fatal mistake, a terrible, rude mistake. I want to introduce Grace Thomas. She's a local civil rights attornition's Democrat. Right, say then pronouns? Actually, thank you? Oh it's the them pronouns. Actually, you know what, kiss my ass, babe, sit down, you get to say nothing next. Well, that's what I would say if I was a little Andy Cooper.
Speaker 2: So yesterday Trump announced he won't take questions from our reporters who use pronouns. How do we feel about that?
Speaker 1: Fine?
Speaker 2: Perfect?
Speaker 1: Great? You're trying to drag people into radical gender theory. Stop it, no freaking way. I don't think you're dangerous or that I would hire you. If you're putting pronouns in your emails, you're scaring me.
Speaker 3: Well in that last clip, I don't know if you heard. When you go, you hear Anderson Cooper go oh, and then you hear her go like that. She had this smirk on her face, like, yeah, that's right. You you apologize you misgendered me.
Speaker 1: It was just I have power over you.
Speaker 2: Now right again exactly.
Speaker 1: I want to introduce Grace Thomas. She's a local civil rights attornition's Democrat. Right say, then pronouns actually thank you?
Speaker 2: Oh that good for you.
Speaker 1: Wow, go straight to hell.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: They them. You know, my two middle fingers go by, they them, look at them right here. That's what I'd say. Ah, yeah, that is so frigging annoying. No, it's trying to drag you into radical gender theory that the whole pronoun thing is about. Interestingly, I started to listen to a podcast where Barry Weiss was interviewing John mcwarter, the great linguist and thinker, and he was like, no, language evolves, pronouns are kind of weird. Anyway, it's fine. I didn't get deeply into his ideas. I'm intrigued. I'll go back to it. It seems like a very academic theory though to me, because in the real world, people are trying to accomplish something very specific by making you use their pronouns like that. They're trying to get you to admit that sex doesn't exist except as a social construct and radical gender theory is the truth and you need to accept it and I do not and will not, thank you very much. It's they them o, my lord. Oh, I so want to use a really bad word right now. It'd be a great punchline too. She uses they them, but she's such.
Speaker 2: A advance the runner by dropping the ball right in front of the plate.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, Yes, softly tap the ball with your bat, yes, so it goes a limited distance. Yes. Oh, let's see what else do we have that I wanted to play? You had something from yesterday, Jack, right, the giraft thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Michael, I'm not sure what number.
Speaker 1: You're not privy to the conversation. I thought you were listening. Perhaps you weren't paying at time this at all. Perhaps we need a retraining strip to the waist and get ready for your retraining.
Speaker 2: That's going to say. We could added all this out, but perhaps we'll leave it in yesterday's twenty one David Murr report. Can you grab yesterday's twenty one? Is that possible?
Speaker 5: A big surprise at the Maryland Zoo A k new baby giraffes who officials didn't know.
Speaker 2: The mother giraffe was pregnant. She gave birth to a six foot, one hundred and twenty eight pound girl. Both are doing great. Didn't know she was pregnant, and all of a sudden, the baby draft drops out of her. It's like that MTV show for a while that like pregnant and didn't know it, or had a baby and didn't know it. Remember that show. Oh that's troubling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it happens more often than you might think. I thought it was indigestion. No, it was gestation.
Speaker 2: Just a human you never you have what do you eat? You have an ingestion that feels like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, papa's xanax or something or zantac. I guess, sir, what is it? Some toms xanax. We'll go ahead if you want. But yeah, PEP said, thank you xanax.
Speaker 3: All did the same difference.
Speaker 1: Yes, So how about this? I think it's self contained? Clip twenty one Michael.
Speaker 5: On American Airlines flight one ninety eight from New York's JFK to Milan. American says the man tried taking a seat in an exit row and challenged flight attendants when they told him to go back because he was traveling with a child. He was also reportedly upset he didn't get the in flight meal, he requested the flight turning around over the Atlantic, landing back at JFK at around three am. Police boarding the plane, taking the man and his family off. Airport officials say no one was arrested. American Airlines says that offered meal vouchers to passengers and they departed later that morning. The FAA is now investigating.
Speaker 2: Sorry, a lunatic scared you to death and we delayed you by a day. Here's a free meal certificate.
Speaker 3: They were more than halfway to Milan too. I watched the book flight tracker thing. They were, Oh, they were pretty damned.
Speaker 1: Just keep going in the west there or.
Speaker 2: What I don't I don't get to turn around, keep going and deal with this where we land and the guy was unhappy about his sandwich, so he was expecting a dry turkey and he got a dry hammer. That seems like an overreaction and he lost it in front of his kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nice job. So I think there ought to be like a Miranda warning type warning that the pilot he walks out. He says, sir, I need to read you your rights. You have the right to continue to acting like an a hole, and we will turn the flight around back to our origin, as FAA rules dictate. On the other hand, you should know the following. The rest of the passengers now have the legal right to beat you within an inch of your life, to post your picture and docks you on the internet, and I personally will scald you with a hot cup of coffee as you're dragged off the plane.
Speaker 2: Well, what are the penalties. They're pretty high, aren't they. Because you're into like terrorism laws and stuff like that, disrupting a flight.
Speaker 1: They're fairly significant, I think.
Speaker 2: But some of the people you see go nuts on planes are so completely crazy there'd be no reaching them at all. But I think some of these people, if you hit them with a look just before you go any further, this is like twenty years in prison. Stuff you're doing right here. Seriously, this isn't a minor thing. I think that would calm a lot of people down.
Speaker 1: It's not. But yeah, i'd be curious.
Speaker 2: So make the penalties higher. We got to make the penalties high enough to make this stop. That's the whole crime and punishment thing.
Speaker 1: What if you ask about the meal and the air waitress is like extremely rude and dismissive. I mean, I'm not saying you get to go, you know, aps and cause the flight to be turned around. But I feel like that's a mitigating factor. I feel like Southwest has decided they can save a lot of money by saying there's a chance of turbulence, so we're not going to do the coffee serve this time because it's happened all never never happened in my life, I don't think. And now I've had it like three times in a row, and I'll bet they realize that saves a lot of money.
Speaker 3: I don't recommend that's all them air waitresses.
Speaker 2: But if I get on the flight and I'm a needing coffee and you say we're not having coffee, I'm gonna be close to going berserk's that's bad news. If you're needing caffeine, Yeah, hey you're waitress. Get a little caffeine up in here.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'll take my chances if it slops out on my pants, that's on me. Give me a coffee. Do any of you know about the traders Joe's tote bags? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I thought Katie might know about that. Is that for people that care about the environment, play this clip, and I thought maybe Katie might be able to tell us about it.
Speaker 4: I read the Trader Joe's knew many pastel colored tote bags are being resold online for over one thousand dollars. What if you're paying a thousand bucks for a Trader Joe's tote bag, you must be higher than the cashiers that work at Trader Joe's.
Speaker 2: I know, Uh, okay, for that crowd, it's like limited edition or what what the hell?
Speaker 1: It's like the Big Dumb Cup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if Trader Joe's for whatever reason, these things went crazy viral and they were I'm it was like Black Friday at Walmart, like people going into the stores the second they opened and grabbing them all.
Speaker 2: This reminds me I meant to play this. So Saturday Night Live had one of their you know, big commercial song things that they did the other night about Big Dumb Line instead of Big Dumb Cup, and it was all centered around Manhattan, but it happens everywhere in the country, mocking the sort of people that stand in the big dumb line. Oh did you hear in New Bagel place open up? Let's go stand in a big dumb line and they and they and they got to stand in the long line, and then they all wait for hours to get up there and say, yeah, that was pretty good, I guess, but yeah, that crowd. I mean, you're either that crowded or not.
Speaker 1: I would never stand in line. Ever.
Speaker 2: If I'm gonna have to wait any amount of time so that I can say I've been to the coffee shop, well.
Speaker 1: Then how in the world are you going to instagram the picture of.
Speaker 2: You in that line, or pay multiples of the kind of cup that everybody's using, even though there are many alternatives that are exactly the same to have the right name or any of that sort of stuff. I would never do that, but there are people that always do that, And I don't know what the different genetic makeup is of those people, or I see it in my own town. If a new coffee shop opens up, or a new anything where you can eat or drink, lines for days so you can say you've been there.
Speaker 3: What Yeah, these Trader Joe's. This whole thing happened with the tote bags. Then Trader Joe's went, I know we're going to release different seasonal one, but I did really really ranked, you know, get these people riled up and it worked, and over the weekend you could see pictures of Trader Joe's posted all over the country with just lines wrapped around the building for people to get.
Speaker 1: In to get these stupid tote bags.
Speaker 2: If you, first of all, I don't suppose there's any point to this unless you think your friends care, and if you have friends who are impressed that you waited in line around the block to get the next Trader Joe's bag or attend the coffee shop or whatever. I mean, because if anybody tells me that, I'd think, really, wait in line, why don't you just go next week when there's no line? I would think less of you, not more of you. You know what I mean. So I just I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I am texting a close associate who works at TJ's to see if that's happening where he works.
Speaker 3: I know, the old Trader Joe's where I used to work. I mean, there was actually an accident in the parking lot. It was getting so kiock around. I mean the store was out the door for these bags.
Speaker 2: I just I don't understand. We're just built differently.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm looking online right now, so they're many totes, so they're like the size of a woman's purse, and they sell for three ninety nine a pop. And right now on eBay, the Fall collection four hundred and fifty dollars for four of these things.
Speaker 2: Oh and again you have to have friends think that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Sorry Hanson, now you gotta bleep it. Oh well, I guess that's it.