Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data, it take a look at some stocks on the move today.
Speaker 3: I'm Nathan Hager, joined by Bloomberg's Bailey Lipschultz. On a morning of chip weakness in the macro. Bailey's here to talk about what's behind it in the micro. Starting off with Western Digital. Big drop for Western Digital this morning, Bailey.
Speaker 4: Exactly, Nathan, you're looking into the stock down sixteen percent this morning, Tiger WDC. This does come after the revenue forecast for the first quarter missanalysts expectations, and on the back of competitors Seagate crushing earnings not too long ago. That's weighing on some of these bullish investors' mind. So we're also seeing Seagate under pressure, down more than five percent. Just looking at the Wall Street reaction from analysts, it was a very painful evening cross the entire tech media telecom landscape. From earnings, yes, fourth quarter revenue for Western Digital actually looked quite good, but the guidance for one Q and what they're talking about for gross margin going forward, weighing on expectations, even just calling out the fact that when you look at it, Canter Fitzgerald one of the analysts that was kind of beating the drum saying that this could be a buying opportunity, basically saying that there's no change to their thesis, but calling out the fact that the top line growth and gross market out looked was disappointing, albeit temporary in their perspective. Also, just a bit of numbers for those investors listening, they see first quarter revenue between four and four point.
Speaker 1: Two billion dollars.
Speaker 4: Estimates were for four point two billion dollars, and then just a GPS had.
Speaker 1: Kind of come in above what Wall Street was looking for.
Speaker 4: But again, what the Cell side has in their models and what the investors who had bid up these shares over the last few days and weeks not really in line. So it looks like she's heading back to where they were at the tail end of July.
Speaker 3: Now it looks like we're seeing a sell off in sand Disk shares as well after their earnings. Is this kind of a similar story when it comes to them.
Speaker 4: Similar story, Nathan, You got to remember that these were one company, not too long ago. So actually the creation of sand Disc was formed out of Western Digital. So SanDisk ticker SNDK down ten percent, and that's a big move for a stock that has been on quite the tiar it is, you know, before the today's move is calculated two hundred billion dollars market cap, but on the last twelve months, this is the stock that's up more than three thousand percent. But this did come after disappointing guidance as they talk about their nand flash chips. When you look at what Wall Street analysts were really talking about again, similarly, near term sentiment much weaker than expected. We did see a bit of a bid for some of these semiconductor names again last week when Cgate beat expectations. So now when you're talking about sand Disk, similar to Western Digital, it becomes a question of where's the durable growth. What does twenty twenty eight and beyond actually look like ordanly in the quarters to come, How do we actually get there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's kind of wild to be talking about chip weakness this morning and talking about distillery strength after the results we got this morning from Diagio. I mean, it seems like the beverage industry has been hit pretty hard. But I guess that's not what we're seeing the earnings this morning.
Speaker 1: No, not what we're seeing the earnings this morning.
Speaker 4: Diagio trades overseas but does have eighty hors listened to here take your DEEO, the owner and maker of Johnny Walker srom You're and off Captain Morgan solid net sales forecast, So they did. Company did layout plans to cut costs by quite a bit, so total restructuring costs one point two billion dollars.
Speaker 1: They're actually seeing full fistfully year twenty seven.
Speaker 4: Organic net sales growth broadly flat, so hanging in there. But overseas those shares at one point did jump eleven percent, now settling in up about six and a half percent. Still good to trade at the highest level since early February. Eighty hours here up about six and a half percent as well.
Speaker 2: This stock mover report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app