Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, having a blast doing it. It's our pleasure. Who believe you? Me love being here from MLB All Star Village in Atlanta. It's the ultimate baseball hotspot. You'd be part of the eccentment here at Capitol One All Star Village, Drew. Today, head to the Cobb Galleria for baseball fun, live entertainment. Rich is juggling as we speak, and interactive games. Buy tickets today at All Star Game dot com and again, if not this year, next year Philadelphia, Chicago.
Speaker 3: We'll see at one of these.
Speaker 2: We hope to be at every one because we absolutely love it huge baseball fans.
Speaker 4: If you don't think we loved it, look at our Instagram story at Covine and Rich. We were bushwhacking and left field and if if you've been friends and have been following with Cavino Rich for years, it's like a tradition for us. We go to the All Star Game home run derby, we try to get caught on camera doing a stupid dance and we did.
Speaker 3: My goodness, last night we did. We know Bushwhack and the Bushwhacker Boys.
Speaker 4: Are bad thanks to Buckston the most, the guy that hit the most balls to our area, Buxton on the.
Speaker 3: Twins, So thanks to him. I gotta give him a shout out, you know what.
Speaker 2: Shout out to all the small market teams that represented last night. Cal Rolly Wins the first Mariner since Griffy Junior. Props to him. But James Wood of the Nationals. You mentioned Buxton with the Twins, and by the way, the Buxtons are not Thieve and O'Neill, Cruz the Pirates. Caminaro who represented Tampa Bay, he represented Strong.
Speaker 3: You know a lot of people more familiar with him as a result.
Speaker 2: Brent Rooker of the A's just a big night for the mid to small market teams, and the big market teams really were a non factor.
Speaker 3: Last night.
Speaker 2: Goes to show you the parody of the Baseball League and all the young superstars on their come up, and how great MLB has been when it comes to marketing these young players in the past few years.
Speaker 3: It makes it that much more exciting.
Speaker 2: We had an exciting, electric, magical night, and we're excited for tonight and we'll go over the lineups.
Speaker 3: And things like that. Few shout outs too.
Speaker 2: Back at the studio Marta from South Dakota that came by to say hi.
Speaker 3: She's a big listener.
Speaker 2: And we met chet Lemon's son just a few moments ago, speaking of baseball. The late great chet Lemon, Detroit Tiger passed away about a month ago. His son came up to us says, he listens. He actually is involved in this whole world, you know, obviously growing up around baseball. But we were talking to him. What a nice guy, So props to him and the Lemon family. But just a pleasure to be out here talking and boozing and schmoozing and having fun. And we have lots to get through this hour. We got prizes to give away. We're gonna play All Star Trivia, so stick around for that.
Speaker 4: Besides sports man entertainment and all the fun we talk about. You and I like a good trip to Las Vegas. Nothing like a good fight night, nothing.
Speaker 3: Like some rando times in Las Vegas.
Speaker 4: And there's a big story coming out of Vegas, Danny g It has nothing to do with spearmint, rhino or fighting heights. Are you know the sphere which, by the way, Zach Brown, they're releasing tickets soon. He's gonna be at the sphere and I think we may try to catch up with Zach Brown tonight at the All Star Game.
Speaker 5: And I know Covino's gonna love that because he's a huge country music fan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, unless he's not, But Uno, I'd rather hang out with Charlie Brown from Leaders of the New School. How dare you man? Put some respect? Who's that Brown? All right?
Speaker 5: So UNO's making its Vegas debut as a social gambling experience at the Poms Casino resort. Mattel is launching its first ever UNO social club inside a theme suite. A themed suite at the Poms, complete with private dealers, dedicated gaming tables in a variety of UNO games and experiences.
Speaker 2: Now, who's the private UNO dealer? My aunt Nancy. That's why I used to play.
Speaker 4: With Can I tell you it's it's really it's funny because my wife, when we go to Vegas together, she's she's not a big game.
Speaker 3: She's actually a pretty good poker player.
Speaker 4: But when you go to Vegas or Atlantic City with your wife or girlfriend or husband, whatever, you don't want to be sitting in a poker room for hours and hours at a time. My wife will try to find because they have them in some casinos.
Speaker 2: War and war is simply war, your card, their card, Your card, their card. And I make fun of her, and I like next, She's like, well, you're old mate, casino, old maid, but casino go fish.
Speaker 3: I'll play craps or blackjack.
Speaker 4: You know, a couple numbers on the roulette table, but my wife's numbers.
Speaker 3: You're there for hours.
Speaker 4: My couple numbers three hours and they tad. But my wife will play war.
Speaker 2: So I guess I said my wife like seventeen times, my wife, Slow down, my wife.
Speaker 3: What I think is is that eighteen times? Sorry? The guy is that my life? Who knows.
Speaker 4: I'll give props to one of our pals are friends of the show, KFC from Barstool, because I agree with him one hundred percent. But I had the same thought, which was they gotta make this high stakes. I don't think this should be like Golden Nugget downtown Vegas, like ten fifteen, twenty dollars entries. I think this should be a bunch of ballers where it's like twenty grand buy in to even like five thousand dollars buy in. We're talking high end UNO tournaments, like you think you're about to win the pot and it's like, no, such luck draw four like this?
Speaker 2: No, I mean I noticed a very hot and controversial take. But how does our president of the United States feel about this game? Doesn't he promote the game one? Doesn't he have his own line of one?
Speaker 3: Not? Who knows what.
Speaker 1: Baseball in particular?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a fan of the game one.
Speaker 3: So you know it's I'm serious about that.
Speaker 2: Doesn't he have his own like little like collectible Carson show?
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you for that's the sure sports.
Speaker 1: It's called baseball in particular.
Speaker 3: Look it up.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure unless it's a joke that he has a game that he promotes, it's called one Cove.
Speaker 5: The thing about Uno is a lot of people play differently, like same way we used to do with video games, right, just rip them out of the package, not read the rye.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 4: My whole theory is that no one ever really played remember Mousetrap, like you just sort of set it up and played with it. There are so many games that we're at opera. Did you ever play operation or just fiddle with it?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 5: Did you know if you really look at the Luno cards and instructions that come out of the box.
Speaker 3: You're supposed to keep points in all this madness.
Speaker 5: None of us do that, and people always do the Do I pick the color or do I do?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? People play it a little.
Speaker 5: Differently in your rehouse rules exactly, so I'm wondering how they are gonna.
Speaker 4: It's like neighborhood whiffle ball. Every little town has their own rules. I do think this is cool. But Cavino made the best point off the air. He pulled the me where he made a better point off the air.
Speaker 3: I mean, you have to let me talk. You've been talking about your wife for a seventeen minutes.
Speaker 2: My wife, How do you know I was gonna get to the point, let's hear it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know where you're going with the conversation. You said.
Speaker 2: I said, well, what's the difference between UNO, because it's like a big surprise like UNO. I'm like, it's a made up card game. You mean, like every other made up card game is just another may card game.
Speaker 3: How's that really? You know?
Speaker 2: I get it because of the novelty of this game by Mattel, But the premise of a card game is just that it's a card game like any other card game. So it's not that big of a surprise, not that big of a stress as.
Speaker 4: A non gambler, which I get because it's not even it's not a non gambler thought. But he's right, you're sitting down all focused playing blackjack or three card poker.
Speaker 3: And there's more strategicy probably involved in this.
Speaker 4: And Kevino's like, yeah, Like, it's just really, when you think about it, at the end of the day and the beginning of middle Uno is really no different than five or seven card Poker, Old Maid, Blackjack, War.
Speaker 3: It's just another card game, hard game of strategy.
Speaker 2: Because this one's made by Mattel, that's the only difference.
Speaker 4: But because it has different colored cards and you played with your grandmother or you know, on a rainy day with your siblings, it's still.
Speaker 3: A card game. Yeah, it's still That's really what it is.
Speaker 2: So your thoughts eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox and Look, I'm all for casino fun, but what's next casino Bingo Lotteria.
Speaker 3: I mean, Bingo is made, like I said, she knows essentially that, but does fire up non gamblers.
Speaker 2: It does because most people know how to play. But does it stop here? Is casino YACHTSI the next thing, you know what I mean? Like you have to think about that and I have. I'm not hating on it at all. I think it's great. Like Rich mentioned the casino war, I've played it. It's fun. It's more simple for me. I understand it.
Speaker 5: They have to get the regular person who's just in Vegas maybe to go to the shows or you know, there for maybe a concert. Like I won't say the W word, but my better half will go to Vegas once in a while with me.
Speaker 3: You're right, no, no, no, to see.
Speaker 5: We've been to raider games together there in Vegas. Right, we've been to a concert there before. But she doesn't gamble and I don't either. Uno, we would both sit down and put some money on.
Speaker 2: You and your better half, right, yeah, so you know what, you know what, No, it might be funny going that VIP high end area where it's like, you know, closed off.
Speaker 4: No, they're gonna break out next high end guess who does your guy have a hat?
Speaker 3: That's it's gotta stop here. As a card connect four, i'd be a millionaire. Wow, now bring it, bring it? Are they gonna hold you to you have to say, or else you lose your.
Speaker 2: Prize twenty five grand because you didn't say Uno.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's one thing when it's in the living room with pressure, like beads of sweat tripping down your face because you have to pick the right color so that person doesn't put their last card down. What if fights break out because you pull a skip on somebody you know?
Speaker 3: So, yeah, this is a real story.
Speaker 2: And I do agree with Kevin Clancy KFC, who's been on our Bonus pod recently, over promised you get catch on Fox Sports Radios YouTube page, as Rich alluded to already high stakes like twenty five pots, like really put some pressure on these events, and I think we'd all enjoy that for sure, But look out for it. Uno is a real thing coming to a casino near you.
Speaker 3: I have even a dumber question.
Speaker 4: We have all at some point been flipping through the channels and you've watched poker on TV, even if you don't know poker, well, you've stopped for a minute.
Speaker 3: Oh he's got pocket as you've watch poker.
Speaker 2: I hate saying this, but I will for the reference sake. I used to go to those World Poker Tour tournaments. They were shady events. My my ex used to be one of the hosts of World Poker Tour, so I would sit there and watch this for hours at a time.
Speaker 3: But people love poker. The things you would do for your way.
Speaker 4: If if people watch poker and cornhole and you know, ESPN the ocho.
Speaker 3: But I did it again because I was trying to be a good guy.
Speaker 4: But I'm saying, if people watch those type of games and stuff I've watched. I've watched billiards, I've watched pool on TV, bowling. Do you think if ESPN or f S one or some sports network said, you know what we're gonna We're gonna air like a high stakes UNO game.
Speaker 3: I almost feel like people would watch it, no doubt, no doubt people watch Cornhole one to watch that.
Speaker 4: It's it almost feels like that would be wildly interesting.
Speaker 3: Imagine a bunch of ballers, no question, We're all like, all right, deal them out? Uhuh six? Yellow? Oh yeah, draw four? Son of that.
Speaker 4: I think it could there's something there. I think it's a really smart move. You're right, if not for the game itself, but for the marketing alone. I'm sure we're not the only ones talking about Uno at a casino. Congratulations, a big story.
Speaker 3: They've done it. Yeah, big story today.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, speaking of Pomp Casino, we're gonna go to the Pomp the Palm later on.
Speaker 3: And get a steak or what.
Speaker 4: I'm just thinking about food, even if it's a nice restaurant, if there's one in your hometown, I feel like that you can't do that.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna do some Southern cooking or what. Yeah, all right, good.
Speaker 5: You know, before we get the studio lines hopping for our MLB All Star Trivia, which will be multiple choice, pretty easy chance or opportunity for you to grab one of the final c in our swiggy water bottles, let's look at the All Star game lineups.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tonight.
Speaker 2: You know what, I was really interested in that Richell represent his national league.
Speaker 3: I got the AL lineup all set.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you said that because as we were leaving the home run derby last night, I heard a couple of fans talking and he was.
Speaker 3: Like, Hey, who's starting for the AL tomorrow night. Well, I'll give it. He was like, I don't know. Batting first the Glaber of Love. Former New York Yankee.
Speaker 2: Now Detroit Tiger second baseman Glaber Torres. Riley Green Is in left field, batting second, Aaron Judge.
Speaker 3: In right field, batting third.
Speaker 2: Cal Raley, your Derby champion, is batting clean up, catching big dumper. The big dumper is gonna be catching tonight. He says that he's always had a fat ass. It's been a blessing and a curse to him. Last night he worked to his advantage of Vladimir Guerrero batting fifth, Guerrero Junior playing first, Ryan O'Hearn is d H Junior, camin Naro, who represented last night UH the Tampa Bay Rays playing third base, then Javier Baiaz playing center field, Wilson at shortstop, and then pitching schoolbl Okay National starting lineup, National League, A far superior lineup, if y asked me on the mound.
Speaker 4: Superior, Paul mister Livy Dunnskens, though I honestly do think d NL is a lineup that is a little stronger, but hey, these games never go the way you think. Leading off, d H Sholle, hey Otani batting second, from the Braves, Ronald Dacunya Junior batting third, Katel Marte batting fourth, fred Duardo Freddie Freeman batting fifth from the Pods.
Speaker 2: By the way, you think Freddy Freeman got a sweet high and tight flat top just for the big event to night and he whitened his teeth yes, batting fifth, third base from the Pods.
Speaker 4: Manny Machado, Will Smith catching betting sixth, Kyle Tucker of the Cubbies batting seventh and right field, Francisco Lindoor shortstop New York Mets, batting eighth.
Speaker 3: Why'd you say it? Like Donald Trump and batting ninth, playing center.
Speaker 4: Field, pc A Pete Crow Armstrong of the Cubbies. Such a good team that when you got Lindor batting eighth and PCA batting ninth. I know you're spreading out the love, but do you think either of those guys have ever hit at the bottom of any lineup they've ever been in? And I get the same thing with the American League, But Jacob Wilson's a rookie shortstop.
Speaker 3: Hobby Baiaz, you know, has had his ups and downs.
Speaker 4: But I don't know if I don't know if have you ever seen Lindor bat eighth?
Speaker 3: Probably, but you're like really mad about that. It's the all Star Team. I get it, but I mean, like, I think Lindor should be back in second I.
Speaker 4: Heard, of course, like your quintessential, like get on base, top of the lineup guy, more so than good.
Speaker 2: Old Larry Jones was being interviewed yesterday Chipper Jones, another big superstar out here in Atlanta, and he was talking about how it's crazy camaraderie when you make the All Star team. And I forget who asked him, but they were talking about who who was the alpha dog, and he goes they were like, were you the alpha dog in this locker room all star camaraderie? He goes on, hey man, when you're playing with big names like Bonds and Sheffield.
Speaker 3: He's like, nah, but maybe later on in my career.
Speaker 2: And then he went on to say, you realize you're a superstar or an All Star in your team, but you're playing with other guys that are just as good, if not better, You're humbled real quick. Not to take anything away from Lindor, he's great, he's an All Star, but he's playing with other great All Stars from other teams, so it's like he's batting eighth but he's still awesome.
Speaker 3: But he's not what do you expect them to be bad?
Speaker 4: I get what you're saying, like, hey, look at us, we get the honor of film for DP. We're in the same lineup as Colin Coward and Dan Patrick. When you think about lineups.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, so it's still it's still an honor. But I don't think he should be batting third or second. It's a stacked lineup. Yeah, I mean so again, when you got all these alpha dogs and all these the best of the best out there, he's still one of them.
Speaker 3: But you gotta you know, someone's got a bat eighth. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know anyone more clutching that lineup. Maybe Freddy, I don't know, But you know what. Interestingly enough, we talk about this quite a bit with NFL quarterbacks. One of my it's not even a take, one of my favorite thoughts is that people love to always talk about top ten, top ten quarterbacks, top ten in this. You know, if there's thirty two teams in the NFL, there's the bottom ten or eleven quarterbacks, But no one wants to put their guy in the bottom ten because every time there's a top ten other than mahomes Lamar Burrow, and Josh Allen. You know, the other six of the top ten are up for debate.
Speaker 2: And maybe they're just bouncing out the lineup too left righty, like you know you got you gotta bat somebody eighth.
Speaker 3: It's not an insult.
Speaker 2: Everybody thinks their guy should be batting second or third, so it's not It's not a knock.
Speaker 3: I know, I know.
Speaker 4: Trust me, I coach his parents that look at you when you're when their kids not batting at the top of lineup. Hell me, when I play softballs a grown ass man. There are teams I play on where I'm like Patton second or third, and other team's I'm like, oh, you got me Bett in seventh huh.
Speaker 2: Rich was questioning Whylin Doors batting eighth in the NL lineup. It doesn't both teams, both lineups are stacked with superstars.
Speaker 3: So we're excited about it. Tonight your thoughts at eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox and.
Speaker 2: Write that number down right now, eight seven seven ninety nine out Fox. That's eight seven seven nine nine six sixty three sixty nine. Eight seven seven nine nine six sixty three sixty nine. Because we're here for the All Star Game. Yes, sir, we'll be there tonight. You heard the lineups. We're gonna play seeing our All Star Game trivia next and it's all multiple choice. Don't be scurred when yourself a swiggy. There's what like two left, I don't know, we don't have many left. Those are our coveted stainless steel water bottles.
Speaker 3: It's a major award.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like you know the one Cal Rowley was hoisting up last night. Yeah, same thing when you're swiggy and be an All Star eight seven, seven, nine, nine, six sixty three sixty nine.
Speaker 3: We do All Star Game trivia next, all right.
Speaker 4: And by the way, you talked about the Derby last night. Yeah, they're selling that Derby chain hm online. You know Jo Justin's. You probably remember them from your high school class. Rings Thins is selling a version of it for four thousand or four dollars.
Speaker 3: My Stay Championship Football Ring you mean yeah that too?
Speaker 4: Hey, we got more Comino rich and for Dan Patrick Nexon if you want to win again eight seven, seven, nine nine on Fox.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports radio dot Com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's me Rob Parker.
Speaker 7: Check out my weekly MLB podcast, Inside the Parker for twenty two minutes of piping hot baseball talk, featuring the biggest names and newsmakers in the sport.
Speaker 3: Whether you believe in analytics or the.
Speaker 7: Icast, We've got all the bases covered. New episodes drop every Thursday, So do your sofa favor and listen to Inside the Parker with Rob Parker on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 2: Talking to chet Lemon Junior hanging out out, he said he's gonna go see Rock Rains. Chet Lemon Junior, how cool is that Tiger legend? His dad passed away last month, but super cool, dude. We're Covino and rich in for the Great Dan Patrick live from the MLB All Star Village here in Atlanta. I'm Covino losing my voice, I'm losing my mind, and rich.
Speaker 3: Is reaping all the benefits. That's Rich Davis.
Speaker 2: Spotty's on the videos Fox Sports Radio's YouTube page. If you want to check out our videos and our bonus pod over promised is there? I do want to thank that Dan Patrick Nation for hanging out with us. In fact, we'll be doing it live tomorrow to complete the Dan Patrick Patrick Live from Atlanta, but from the iHeart Studio, So that'd be cool man and Danny G's getting ready for the game that sweeping the Nation CNRS All Star Trivia, So again, if you want to win a swiggy eight seven seven nine nine six sixty three sixty nine. That's eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox. We got the contestants all mind up the game that's to be the nation that we're playing for the first time. Yeah, let's do this. I'll start trivia.
Speaker 5: Let's go, all right, Samuel L. Johnson back in the La studio, I will say I'm firing up some MLBAT music.
Speaker 3: Here we go, all right.
Speaker 5: And by the way, also back home is Big Mike, who doesn't run anything.
Speaker 6: Hi, Big Mike, Hey Mike, Hey guys, you guys sound like you're having a great time in the ato.
Speaker 4: Mike, if you want to see us having a good time at Covin and Rich at Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: We got so.
Speaker 6: Close to oh I've seen it all.
Speaker 4: We got so close to agetting a flyball. Did you ever have you ever caught a flyball?
Speaker 6: Mike, I, oh my god. I have been to hundreds of baseball games in my life and I have never caught a foul ball. But I came so close one time, and I'm so still to this day, I am livid about it because it's just there's not a lot of people in the stands that day. I'm at a Dodger game. So this fly, this foul ball, is coming straight to me. I mean, I don't have to move, there's nobody in front of me. There. I got it. It's coming right to my hands. The only person near me is my buddy, and you guys miss the air quotes that I use there for buddy, because right as the ball comes down, he shoves me in the back and the ball bounces off my forearms lands a couple of rows away. Some little kid picked it up.
Speaker 3: And I turned to him. I'm like, dude, I was about to catch the ball, and he just looks it. He goes, yeah, you were in my way.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: I couldn't get it, so neither were you.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you, when the ball can you not describe it in the first hour perfectly?
Speaker 3: When a home run ball or foul ball is coming at you.
Speaker 4: It feels like no one else on earth is there, and it's like coming out of the sky, getting.
Speaker 3: Bigger and bigger and bigger, and it's it's right there. Dude. You know it makes the story crazy.
Speaker 6: Buddy, you shoved me in the back.
Speaker 2: You said there was no one really there at a Dodgers game. That's because this was a foul ball from Duke Snyder, right, Duke Snyder hit it. And yeah, because Mike's really just kidding Mike. Oh, okay, okay, Well, hey, big Mike, lets go one.
Speaker 5: Of our contestants that you need to battle against the bushwhacker Cnar, the other two contestants, and Big Mike, I'll use you for this as we go to the CNR studio lines right now. Would you love to travel too, Beautiful Connecticut, Los Angeles, Seattle, North Carolina, or Laguna Hills, California.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm gonna go with Seattle in honor of col Nice.
Speaker 5: Hey, all right, that is Darren in Seattle. Darren, welcome into the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Thank you glad to be here.
Speaker 4: Let's let's do this little all star trivia Danny g has cooked up.
Speaker 3: What do you got Danny.
Speaker 5: All right, here we go, guys. Rules for CEENR All Star Trivia. The first contestant with two correct answers is the champ. If there's a tie, there is a tie breaker question extra innings. Your name is your buzzer, but you do have to wait until all three possible answers are read. If there's two wrong answers in a row, we move on to the next question. All right, guys, Question number one? Which ball thank you? Which ballpark held the first MLB All Star Game back in nineteen thirty three. A Connie Mack Stadium in Philly. B the Polo Grounds in New York. Or C Comiski Park in Chicago.
Speaker 3: Covino, go see Comiski Park, Chicago.
Speaker 2: Yes, arbitrary guests, Yes, says they called me history boy.
Speaker 5: Let's go all right, Covino on the board as we moved round two.
Speaker 3: That's baseball. That's baseball.
Speaker 5: Which MLB legend has the most hits in All Star Game history with twenty three and he also has the most played appearances with eighty two. Is it a Willie Mays, B. Hank Aaron or C. Cal Ripken Jr. Big Mike.
Speaker 3: Hank eron No. Rich Rich for the steal. I want to give Darren a chance.
Speaker 4: Darren, come on, chime in, buddy, Willie Mays, Yes.
Speaker 5: Rich is on the board. It is the great Willie Mays. So CNR both with the round.
Speaker 4: Yes, like Willie Mays and Hank Aaron are probably two of the top like all Star numbers.
Speaker 2: Right as far as like appearances, yeah for sure. Well Hank Aaron played one hundred and twenty years.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well remember back in the day there used to be two All Star Games in each season. Oh yeah, right, Mike, those all right, Darren, get in here. There's no loss for you if you just guess. All right, here's the third round. That's baseball. That's baseball. What All Star Game? MVPs shared the honor in nineteen seventy five. They shared the MVP Award of the Game in nineteen seventy five. Was it a Bobby Mercer and Gary Carter, b Joe Morgan and Mike Marshall or c Bill Madlock and John matt Lack.
Speaker 6: Darn it, I'm gonna go with be.
Speaker 3: Be No Rich Rich for the steal and the wind. I feel like I would know if Gary Carter had an All Star every piece. I'm gonna go see.
Speaker 5: Yes when John Matt Black that beings Rich Tavis is the big winner on All Star.
Speaker 3: But okay, Dutch baseball. Hey, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: No, seriously, congratulations Rich Thanks Hey, big Mike, thanks for playing.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: We wish you were here hanging out with us. You would have been a great addition to the Bushwhacker boys.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I'm jealous you guys.
Speaker 2: Maybe next year. Oh no, it's great, man. Honestly, we wish you were here. Mike, what was it like at the first ever All Star? Tell us about the misty part time, and thank.
Speaker 3: You Darren and Seattle. Thank you for playing the game. We appreciate you. Thanks Darren, Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Hey play again next time we do trivia. We try to do trivia every day to give away surprises. That's just our nice way of bribing people to listen to our show, and we appreciate ate it. Actually, if you leave a nice review search Coveno and Rich Apple Podcast, leave a nice review, say something nice, Danny t goes to him. If he ever emails you back, you get a swig here. Right, So, thank you guys again.
Speaker 4: Hey, but I wonder if Mike remembers what it was like when all men wore fedoras to baseball games.
Speaker 3: I know, yeah he does. I think he does. You're didn't know he was still there?
Speaker 4: I feel looking and I remember remember when not all stadiums had a fence, and the and the fans are.
Speaker 6: Just we're standing outside looking through the not hole in the fence.
Speaker 2: And thank you buddy, Hey, Mike, seriously, I mean, heres when Joe Jackson wore shoes, Yeah, when he was actually Joe Jackson, the guy with shoes. All right, well, thank you, yes, yes, we are absolutely all the proof is at Coveno and Rich see us last night. Now, part of the magical Derby story is that cal Rally you alluded to this earlier. Rich cal Rally has childhood videos of him saying I'm the Derby Champion. He's dancing around and singing, yeah that he's the Derby home run Derby Champion. He looks like he's about ten years old singing around on his home video. And last night again, family Affair and Dad's pitching fifteen year old little brother T is catching and it's kind of cool to see a childhood dream come true. Are there other stories that come to mind when it comes to man. They called that when they were kids. I saw a video has nothing to do with sports. But I recently saw a video that went viral. You may have seen this as well. Some like preteen girl is doing like a home video in the nineties and she's like, I'm gonna marry Matt Jones. You'll see, and they're playing it like fifteen years later at her wedding to the dude she had to crush on Matt Jones.
Speaker 3: And I was like, holy crap, like that, like.
Speaker 2: That's just a great prediction, is it kind of like, uh like stalker.
Speaker 3: Ish, That's what I was saying. You really persistent.
Speaker 4: Uh So, those those videos are pretty cool when you see.
Speaker 2: But that's what makes it extra special, right Like, here's this little kid who had these big dreams.
Speaker 3: We all had those dreams.
Speaker 4: We all said that, well, I mean some of them is because you just have an opportunity to be in a cool spot. Like we just said recently, Dusty Baker's kids playing in the bigs and we remember him being pulled out of the way. He almost got run over in the World Series back in oh two. A little boy as a bat boy and you know, we see the videos of Patrick Mahomes shaggan fly balls when his dad Pat was on the Mets, and you see him with these oversized shirt and hat on, and you know, he's just a little boy.
Speaker 3: But you're, like I said earlier, you're gonna.
Speaker 4: See it more and more and more because the athletes now have grown up where most of their life, iPhones and androids have been a thing. So where you may have one grainy VHS tape at home of like one little league game, you know, now with like game Changer and all these apps, every game these kids play is recorded and streamed and everything. So we're gonna grow up and I guarantee we're gonna see a lot of cool stuff like that moving forward.
Speaker 2: Well, look, growing up around the game doesn't guarantee you a pass into the big leagues.
Speaker 3: Cal Rowley didn't grow up around the major leagues.
Speaker 2: But you know, we were talking to Chet Lemon, junior, Chet Lemon's son from the Tigers, just off the air.
Speaker 3: He was just hanging out. He was saying that.
Speaker 2: Growing up, that was his dad, and it really didn't register to him that his dad was dad and packful. I mean, we all had his baseball cards all those famous eighties tigers, right, didn't really dawn on him how impactful's dad was until he got older. Yeah, and he realized what his dad was able to accomplish.
Speaker 3: And that's a really cool story when you think about it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, guys like Patrick Mahomes, they grew up around it and you see their dreams come true. Are the other stories that come to mind where you saw that superstardom, where you saw that random childhood video that led to something cooler. I wouldn't say this is like a video of a premonition, but you ever see that viral video of a little Prince, the artist formerly known as Prince.
Speaker 4: When he's like interviewed on the news. You ever see that and he's just a little kid. He's a little boy in Minnesota. Yeah, he's a little boy in Minnesota. Were like a winter hat. That's how I imagine the video. I haven't seen it in a minute, but they tracked it down.
Speaker 2: It's like a little Prince talking to the reporter about a local story in Minnesota and he's like, yo, look at him.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: He would have never known that he'd become the biggest, one of the biggest pop stars of our time back when he was just that little kid. He may have dreamt it and thought about it, but no one would have ever known the same way cal Rolly's dancing around being like I'm gonna be the home run Derby Champ.
Speaker 4: I enjoyed nothing more. In fact, I wish I could give the Instagram page a shout out.
Speaker 3: Let me see. And by the way, I don't think it's like common knowledge. Look it up.
Speaker 2: There's because the video surfaced recently after Prince's death. To my knowledge, that he was on the local news as a kid, and that's why it was a story. Someone was researching old video and they happened to come across this video from this little kid in Minnesota and it was Prince.
Speaker 3: So are there ones that come to mind?
Speaker 2: Feel free to share eight seven seven ninety nine on Fox because that's what makes the camerai.
Speaker 3: I think even more special and magical. I went to that video surface.
Speaker 2: Then they were tugging on the heartstrings with that video all night and it's been all over social media.
Speaker 4: Since there's a page I follow on Instagram. During the break, I'm gonna try to find the name of it. Rich In your yearbook, you sort of called it didn't you or one of your friends.
Speaker 3: Did, No, one of the Danny g This is I'm not even joking.
Speaker 4: Want my ex girlfriend in high school wrote in my high school yearbook, I asked you not, she wrote.
Speaker 2: And I've showed conveniece, I've seen it. Yeah, she wrote like it was like nail on.
Speaker 3: The head, like you're going to be a bush whack or something. That's exactly what she said.
Speaker 4: No, she wrote in my youth book like like I believe in you, babe, like you're gonna be You're gonna move to LA and become a famous broadcaster.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not even joking, right, so we're still waiting for the famous part. But I mean she was like, what the broadcaster? But I remember reading it rich and yeah, it was like dead eye. Well, no, remember how like your high school girlfriend would take up like the whole page of your yearbook cover. I read it and I was like, damn, and that was pretty accurate. That's pretty good.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Interestingly enough, I said, I'll find this page and give you the heads up on it. But it's an Instagram page that finds like the first performance of famous rock bands and pop artists and they'll show like the clip I just saw recently the Killers performing Mister Brightside and Bar.
Speaker 3: In front of like twenty people.
Speaker 4: I saw like Mufford and Sons with like their little jug band performing in front of like five stars somewhere at a coffee shop. You've seen that recently. You've seen it with Taylor Swift, but most recently Chapel Roane who does Pink Pony Club. There's that cool video where they show it's like a split screen where with it with like two years ago she was playing in front of what twelve people at a state fair and then in front of like one hundred thousand people at.
Speaker 3: A music festival.
Speaker 4: So I always think those things are cool because you know everyone's on their hustle at some point athletically musically, and that to me is awesome.
Speaker 3: It shows the hard work.
Speaker 5: And really quick to take it back to sports with this. Davante Adams when he was a kid, there's that famous picture of him rocking the Charles Woodson jersey and there's like a thought bubble above his head that says life goal. And so when he joined the Raiders. He's a ram now obviously, but when he joined the Raiders that was so awesome Palo Alto kid. And we've seen this in sports, in all sports, where they go back and they find the pictures of the kid wearing the team that drafts them or they wind up play.
Speaker 4: Well, we've all seen the Tom Brady wearing the Joe Montana catch game, but in he was talking about receiver. Don't remember I'm around Saint Brown. There's video of him like working out in the garage with his dad as a little kid, lifting weights and he's like, I'm gonna be I'm gonna be in the NFL one.
Speaker 2: You know, like you gotta envision it. You gotta see it to believe it. You gotta see it to make it happen. And to see these childhood dreams come to fruition like they did last night. As corny as it sounds for kids watching put it in that perspective. It shows that your dreams can come true. And that's what made it more of a memorable, magical moment.
Speaker 3: No doubt. Well, Hey, we got more.
Speaker 4: Covin and Rich love hanging with you guys into the great Dan Patrick, Fox Sports Radio, Hang Ti, we got more next right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of the Dan Patrick Show week days and six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Live from Atlanta, the ultimate baseball hotspot. You'd be part of the excitement here at Capitol One All Star Village Drew today. Head to the comm gallery for baseball fun, live entertainment and interactive games like Dannyg's CNRS All Star Trivia.
Speaker 3: That was great, Danny G.
Speaker 2: But lots of interactive games pitching and batting and fan festivities. You guys gotta come. If you got kids, you definitely got to be here. Is so much fun out here. Buy tickets today all Star game dot Com and thank you to the Dan Patrick Nation. In for Dan Patrick, Thank you Dan everything at Covino and Rich. Shout out to the affiliates, the iHeartRadio app, and if you dig our show two to four from the West Monday through Friday five to seven on the East. And we have a bonus podcast you could watch or listen to is called Overmised with Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio's YouTube page. But we'll be here tomorrow, also in for Dan Patrick, and thanks again for your feedback at Covino and Rich where you could see us Bushwhacken Print Glass Football podcast says guys Justin Herbert predicted that he would be a professional quarterback in la According to Si, his mother kept a worksheet where he wrote this prediction when he was nine years old.
Speaker 3: That was on the Dan Patrick Show. And that is cool. You see a lot of these kids throw that out there.
Speaker 2: But the thing is, the dream doesn't come true for everybody, so when it does, you got to applaud it, just like cal Rawley's saying he's the home run derby champ, and there's video of it, and he goes and does that last night.
Speaker 5: And Michigan is in the house. Cy Spears tweeted into us. He says, Isaac Tesla, third round draft pick by the Lions, is a Michigan kid who showed up to pre draft meetings with the team wearing a Lions jersey he had since he was a kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's so cool. You know.
Speaker 4: There's a great, o good story about how my dude, polar Bear Pee Alonzo wrote a school paper an assignment what do you want to be when you grow up? And he said a polar bear, big goon. He did not say a big goon. He said, I'm gonna be a professional slugger, and he got an f on the project as the teacher wrote, no, no, a realistic future.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: And from that point on was like, oh yeah, all right, so that's a that's a big story in like the Mets community that Pete Alonzo was told no, no, no, like for real.
Speaker 2: Well, my guy, Garrett Cole, you know, he bounced around the al as you guys remember, right as an astro and he was a cheater at one point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sorry, but.
Speaker 2: He's famously photographed as a little kid holding up a sign at a Yankee game that said Yankee fan today, tomorrow, forever. And then you know the guy a superstar All Star Yankee who didn't cover first base in the World Series last year. But still you know, but again, when you see those childhood dreams come true, you gotta embrace it. Props again to cal Ronley making it happen. And as we discussed in great detail first hour, if you missed it, catch to podcast, nothing gives us more childlike joy than the home run derby because we had a glass last searight watching this guy's dreams come true.
Speaker 4: Speaking about predicting, there was a guy I'm just looking on On Twitter x there was a guy that before Jazz chisem batted, wrote I'm so scared Jazz is gonna hit like three people are whole retreating this guy and that man. There was another funny social media response. Someone wrote on X hey Rooker, did you really need to feed your baby on camera?
Speaker 2: Some people want to just watch you play so fun of it.
Speaker 4: He responded, it was her nine o'clock feeding, She's eleven months ault it was necessary.
Speaker 3: So guys, enjoy the game tonight.
Speaker 2: We'll be there look out, but we're honored to be filming for Dan Patrick.
Speaker 3: Pumped to be there tonight. Enjoy the game and join us tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Until then, have a great Tuesday, arriva thereby, see you in the Promised Land, and see you from Atlanta tomorrow