Speaker 1: He is drinks chants, motherfucking podcast man.
Speaker 2: He's a legendary queens rapper.
Speaker 3: He ain't a great as your boy in O R E.
Speaker 2: He's a Miami hip hop pioneer. Put up as d J E f N. Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players you me and the most.
Speaker 4: Professional unprofessional podcast and your.
Speaker 3: Number one source for drunk drinks Moscavery Days New Years.
Speaker 2: That's it's time for drink champions.
Speaker 3: Drink up mother would good be? Please win your boy and O R E?
Speaker 2: What up is d J E f N.
Speaker 3: And this is mindle tim crazy for all Yaha Yama make some of the.
Speaker 2: Let's go, Let's go.
Speaker 3: And this is one of the best singers R and B anything in a group, without a group. This guy is as an intricate, he's a he's an icon.
Speaker 2: He's a legend.
Speaker 3: He can live with or without anybody around him. He continues to make history and he continues to make legacy a legacy. He is, without a doubt, one of the best in the game.
Speaker 2: And we're gonna give him his flowers today.
Speaker 3: I'll kidd you not.
Speaker 2: He deserves his flowers today. Today we're giving him his flowers in front of the world.
Speaker 3: In front of the people. We're gonna describe and make sure that people know that he's a legend, an icon and the person a tycoon that you cannot mess with. So in case you don't know what we're talking about, we're talking about the one the only.
Speaker 2: I gotta take off my glass.
Speaker 3: I'll thank you. I'm trying to make you drink.
Speaker 2: We should just start off with the flowers.
Speaker 3: Off off the we we got a flowers off. We wanted to be flat.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Love better than Grammy because your people.
Speaker 2: That's right, Yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: So I'm not gonna lie to this man. You are one of the You are one of the gods. Jesus. I great, sound really good, because somebody give me a beer, give me I'll do some centam.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna be honest with you, brother. I look up to you.
Speaker 3: Which back and let me tell you why I look up to you.
Speaker 2: I was playing, but but I'm not. I'm gonna be honest with you. Bro.
Speaker 3: I watched you on the Breakfast Club, I watched you on so many different interviews, and you really seem unbothered by life. And I admire that in so many ways because you sit there and I know you bothered by the way listen, because I'm a human, that's what you just said. But you never like seem bothered in the public. And that is something that I'm not only admire, I honor that. How do you develop that ship man like because that's that's not that's not normal.
Speaker 2: Got to be experienced.
Speaker 5: Yes, well it is experienced, but it also is that I'm just not partial and I don't subscribe maybe to most of the perspectives that people ingest, you know what I'm saying, Like to a degree, you want to feel life's experience. So I guess being bothered is allowing yourself to feel defeated. I guess it's allowing yourself to feel maybe that you got taken advantage of.
Speaker 2: I think that that is the art.
Speaker 5: Of being unbothered is actually dealing with your emotions first. So being unbothered dominic.
Speaker 3: Over there, I'm sorry, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So I say all of that to say that.
Speaker 5: Being unbothered is not shying away from your your your experience, especially the things that make you uncomfortable. It's actually about meeting it and facing it before the aftermath of those emotions control you, and for me, I've just never been a person that allows myself to be subjected to other people's viewpoints without real fact or knowledge.
Speaker 2: So which you're drinking this is why. Okay, I like, no, I'm straight on the water. But that's what being unbothered is. Long story short, honestly was to hide your phone number when.
Speaker 3: Like just to talk to you because the fact that you seem unphased yeah about anything that you was going through, right, I admired that so much and I could look in your face and tell that you were really unfased, like, yeah, me, I would be lying about it like I was being your same position, and I'm like, I'm not feeling that you I felt like you wasn't feeling that, but you were like actually not feeling that, and it was cool.
Speaker 2: That shit is crazy to me.
Speaker 3: No, No, that shit is crazy to me. Like is that something that you How did you develop that?
Speaker 5: I think you developed it in disappointment, you know, I think you develop it, and you know, maybe you're not completely being aligned with the universe and you kind of like creating your own story of how you think things should happen. You know what I'm saying, I think you develop it and just understanding that the rhythm of life is like a wave. You know what I'm saying. It's like you got to catch the wave. You know what I'm saying, Like you can't, you know, go ahead, you get that, go ahead.
Speaker 3: He'll kill man.
Speaker 2: This Dominican crazytinue. I'm sorry, but yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Because let's just be clear. I did love it hip hop. I love loving hip hop. They kicked me out because I didn't bring no drama. So when I didn't bring no drama, they were like you normal. They tried to start drama with my wife, a hood wife. Yeah, and then ray J came to me and ray J was like you gotta you gotta step it up and I was like what what? J? Like this this is my nigga, Like this is my nigga. But ray J didn't call you out. He called every other R and B single out. He was ready, he was ready. He wasn't ready for you called every he he called Who the fuck did he call out?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Tank? Yeah, he called out, but he ain't say Marion, what wow? You know you smokeing out?
Speaker 2: I'm not now you know what? You know?
Speaker 5: We were just on tour together with ra J, Yeah, ray J and Pleasure and all the rest of the guys we were on tour.
Speaker 2: And plus the p Yeah, and out of everybody on the.
Speaker 5: Tour, we would bump into each other the most, like on the way to stage and stuff like that, because you know, backstage, you know, everybody's kind of in their own world, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So I think it's a it's just a respect, you know what I mean. I think.
Speaker 3: Up.
Speaker 2: No, No, I think it's a mutual respect. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It's a mutual respect us because I mean, if you think about it, right, if I asked you about Jay, you know what I'm saying. I'm sorry, but yeah, it's just a mutual respect, that's all, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And we both in the home team. We got love. We got love for each other.
Speaker 5: And him and my brother actually, uh did college Hill and graduating together.
Speaker 3: You supposed to do college, hell, I swear to god, I was supposed to do college here and all I did something else but college Hell, the second season, not the first season. Yeah, so versus, Okay, would you want to do verses again?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure I'll tell you why.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure because when we're talking about R and B music, you know, this wonderful music, it's so many R and B fans.
Speaker 2: There's so many variations of R and B.
Speaker 5: So I'm not the type of person that looks at the scope and say, you know, I'm better than this person or this person is better than me in this specific category.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't have those kind of conversations.
Speaker 5: I feel like the space is big enough for everyone to thrive, you know what I'm saying. That's just my perspective. Now everybody else doesn't have that perspective. Everybody else is competing, you know what I'm saying, Like it's a sport, and really, you know, it is a sport in a in a in a type of way, but in another way, it's not. You know, it's literally some of our journeys, you know what I'm saying, maybe not to you know, have the same things that this person has, Like the difference between Prince and Mike.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like you know.
Speaker 3: A famous conversation on this show. Yeah, yes, go ahead, let's have it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm saying that they're here for two different purposes and they exist and coexist at the same time. So yeah, both iconic in their own time because it's based off of the work that they did.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: We all have these like little pockets you know, where we're peaking and then we're transitioning.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It's like who's staying on the longest is the real conversation, who's doing the most?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And then also there's artists that have their own niche, you know what I'm saying. So, and they're very successful at that. I think Top of the Creator is one of them. You know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 2: The Creator is my man, who could really compete with Tyler do? Creator?
Speaker 5: You know, He's to compete with that exactly, and he does what he wants to do. That's the true mark of an artist, not someone to be compared to someone else great, you know.
Speaker 2: I think that people do that. So that's how I feel about that.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You don't want to be if it's a celebration it is should always be.
Speaker 3: Let me big up to Timbolan and Swiss Beast because they turned it into a celebration.
Speaker 2: To me, they started it as a celebration.
Speaker 3: Don't start as a battle.
Speaker 2: No, it started as a celebration and it became about that. That's the way.
Speaker 3: People made it a battle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but Swiss and but Swiss and Teim encouraged that too because they curate.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But you know that's the only reason why I said I would be a little bit hesitant towards it, because I wouldn't want to ever put myself as an artist and a compromise is in position, you know, and that comes in a lot of different ways that people don't realize.
Speaker 3: But there's only two people that can batther you.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm not done. I'll just say that I'm not done. There's only two people who do you think the two people.
Speaker 2: With in my opinion, yes, in my opinion, Uh, she being an usher? Think she being an usher for sure? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So ray J, I'm you know, you're my friend, got my phone number, But do not call out them? All right?
Speaker 2: He's been going hard, you see him. Yeah, but he loves it though. And see that's what I like about ray J. Two.
Speaker 5: You know, he's very serious, but he's like funny too, you know he's so funny. Yeah, it's something serious could see very seriously and turns it till after you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So yeah, So let's talk love and hip hop? Okay?
Speaker 3: And you like doing love and hip hop?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: And no, you know, for for for the reasons of understanding how business work and visibility, you know what I mean. Like I think that it worked in that sense for me, you know what I'm saying. But as far as like in real time and in real life, like you know, you shooting February and then the show comes out next year, and then you know, you're kind of revisiting a lot.
Speaker 2: Of Oh yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But reality is bringing you back into a space that you already you already live, yeah, and it's like, are you really are you getting paid enough for that?
Speaker 2: Are you really getting paid enough for that? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So I can relate to this so much. But I know that people like I love doing love and hip hop right when it's fun like it was, it was fun, And the only thing is I didn't bring drama right right right, So I knew there's gonna find me eventually, like I was like, damn, nigga, like they're gonna they're gonna let you go, right, But in that meantime, I understood the fights. I understood the drum. I understood, and I stood there and I watched it for you because you did like five seasons.
Speaker 2: Right, I did, like too soon? Oh yes, sir, I mean you didn't three.
Speaker 3: No, they gave me one and a half and they booted me. I charged them too much.
Speaker 5: But I will say I do want to say, because I'm like like this in the platform or whatever, you know, I was able to utilize it for what I needed at that time, you know what I mean. So I always yeah, always for me, because I'm intentional, you know what I mean. Like, I'll never be mad at the opportunity that I'm able to be more visible to my audience and a new audience, because that's also the part of being an artist is reintroducing yourself.
Speaker 3: Now again, I want to tell you how much I admire you. I admire your unfathous like you you seem unfathomed, unphased about anything that happened, right one of your group members. There's something that was unfathomable, right, and you just stood there, cool, calm and collective. I admire that, bro. I admire the fact that you stood there and it was like, that's what you want to do. That's that describes who you are. And we had him on the show. We had him on the show and we let him speak, but we've never heard your side of the story. So I would like to hear your side of the story. What what was it life like when you heard that? You know, you know the question I'm asking, damn, because I want to ask it in the most respectful way.
Speaker 1: Okay, you get the call, uh huh, and you know, all right, Fizz is running around way April right, what was that call?
Speaker 3: Like? What was that first call? Like, I'm just being honest because I wish I had your phone number because I ain't gonna lie to you. I wish you were my therapist. I swear have gone. I feel like you're a therapist. You're a therapist. But how was how was that first phone call when you got it? Because I get these phone calls. I mean, I go through the same ship. We went through the same ship. Proble man, it's not publicly yet you went through it publicly, Like I really I really wish I had your phone as a friend, bro, But you did that ship solid Yeah, in front of the public. How was I'm sorry? I really apologize.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, I mean I think to uh to touch on this, you know, one more time, because I think it's important to also say that within the scope.
Speaker 2: Of that time, there has been a lot of.
Speaker 5: Healing, you know what I'm saying, and self with myself and also with Fiz and you know, to a degree, with the mother of my children.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Like, like I said, being unbothered is not about avoiding situations. You know, you do need time for things to settle, you know what I'm saying. But if I could think back to what that experience was, like I had already accepted, did that you know, when I'm out of a type of agreement with someone, you know, if if if we have a relationship and let's just say we have a silent agreement, you know, and that agreement is broken, I kind of just removed myself, you know. I removed myself in a way that is protective and that's also realistic, you know. And for me being in this industry at a very very young age, I've seen a lot of things.
Speaker 2: I've seen a lot of people switch up.
Speaker 5: I've seen a lot of I'm like, not surprised, you know, by what my experience has been through these eyes, you know what I'm saying. So if I could go back to that time, if I would say I was surprised.
Speaker 2: I wasn't really surprised. I wasn't one of the greatest people are so.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: But but but again, like I said, there's been a lot of healing, and you know, I got to have a real you know, conversation with Fish, you know, and afterwards, Yeah, yeah, I mean, you know, we're about to go on tour.
Speaker 2: We're about to go and we went on tour after after that.
Speaker 5: No, it was it was kind of in the instrum of it. It was still during it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, rumor you like, like kicking them off toy, But I ain't gonna I would have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, come on, you you don't you know, our thoughts are wild, you know what I'm saying. You know, you don't think I'm just saying though, Like I don't want to seem like I'm just this person that's you know, without emotion. I feel and I think and I get a great sense of everything. You don't think I wasn't thinking like, oh, look at this, there goes in DS right there, I could just shove them off. Job Joe.
Speaker 3: Wow, when I saw it, I was, oh my god, I didn't think you were human. Like, yeah, you know you saying that sentiment right now? It makes me feel good because because holy ship, Yeah, I just don't act on it.
Speaker 2: It's just I mean, like.
Speaker 5: What's the end result of that, Like how does that benefit me? And then also what's gonna happen after that? You know what I'm saying. I am I ready to deal with? Am I ready to deal with the consequences of that? Because it's gonna be some consequences, you know what I'm saying. And I just think like that. So you know, I say that to say that, like, man, I don't want nobody to think that I haven't thought. You know, some of my thoughts, my wildest thoughts, you know, I would be I couldn't express them to everybody, you know what I'm saying. But I'm smart enough to recognize what's best for me, and I always do that.
Speaker 2: I always do that.
Speaker 3: So let's Yeah, by the way, I'm getting your number. You're gonna be my therapist. I'm sorry, but let's let's get into O two. That's a new album, right, oh two new album.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm so excited.
Speaker 5: I just did my new collaboration with Create Music Group CMG. The album is coming out late February. Bangers. We got the single out for War. I believe we are like top thirty right now.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Yeah, and yeah, I mean next year is going to be incredible. You know what I'm saying. I can't wait to release these uh these records. Is an independent project right yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, independent meaning no distribution.
Speaker 2: Yeah, owner, owner meaning owner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got distribution yeah, independent late Dominican Yeah, Dominican ice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know how long I've been in this game, you know what I'm saying, So I have I have earned the right to, you know, will continue to build my legacy and also still be a part of you know, the business.
Speaker 3: Aspects your catalog.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying that I P can I on the I p y.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your relationship. You know, I'm I'm curious you guys never have Saki here, you don't.
Speaker 3: Have we got you got some favorite sock in there? What flavored?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You like flavored sake? Do you have we got o? Come on, come on, I'm gonna be honest with you. I don't think nobody can stand on that stage with you. Thank you better, I don't think I don't think anybody can stand on that stage with you.
Speaker 2: And that's let's be clear.
Speaker 3: Be two k.
Speaker 2: Yeah, HiT's for sure, for sure beyond its mom.
Speaker 3: So if you want to battle, like, let's make let's let's say you want some battle.
Speaker 2: If the battle, I.
Speaker 3: Want you to battle, I want you to bat yeah yeah, yeah, so let's wolves, let's wolves all testimony battle like, let's let's just say ray J. Right, let's keep because ray J is the subject of the topic, right right. Ray J could probably bring out Brandy one joint, right right, That's.
Speaker 2: Why it's mind And then she could either do.
Speaker 5: Everybody loves Me honest, I mean Brandy, she doesn't have to everybody.
Speaker 2: She can do any songs she wants to do for real.
Speaker 3: But then you bring out the boys be too okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so wayman, what what's the battle? Exactly right?
Speaker 5: You know what Brandy is like in my top five favorite Brandy.
Speaker 3: Start in trouble everywhere they're going.
Speaker 2: I went to the show. Did you go to the shop?
Speaker 3: I got to bring security's real. Niggas is getting snuffed.
Speaker 6: And ailru is real. You're talking about she's getting numbed.
Speaker 2: Oh you know it's no, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: It's serious.
Speaker 2: Brandy, Brandy and Monica for what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Against this? Against this? You know they are, especially Brandy Brandon. That's where ray J get it from.
Speaker 2: Me.
Speaker 3: This is y'all laughing. No, sure, I'm the only one right now. Brand But because R and B is gangsters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like people didn't y'all soft, It's just finesse. It's finesse. It's the hidden finesse. Yeah. Also the greatest guy there, Tars.
Speaker 3: That's what you was like labeled as at one point, like the Bobby Brown right, Okay, like you kind of you did your prerogative what you did. You you went, you went solo, and I believe that's where the discrepancies from the group kind of because you're not only went solo, you went solo, and you you did it like you went.
Speaker 2: Up yep, yep. And it was still under that regime.
Speaker 3: It was still under that regime. So a lot of people don't know that. Can you explain that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm you know, when the separation happened, you know, between us and BTK, that's pretty much where things stayed. You know, the guys had other plans, and then we kind of all separated.
Speaker 2: From that point. Yeah, I was still there.
Speaker 3: You were still there under the same gene.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because outside of looking in, the inside of looking out, Yeah, it looked like you did the Bobby Brown right like like you I mean in a way. Yeah, I did Brown too, Okay, Yeah, yeah, you know, I mean my partner went to jail okay, so okay, and then I was like Bobby Brown, I did the same ship.
Speaker 2: How much did you.
Speaker 3: Want to do that solo move?
Speaker 2: Well, well, that actually wasn't a plan. I think that we were all.
Speaker 5: Lining up to do that because like our last Pandemonium album, we all had separate it covers, so we were all kind of and then I think was about to Yeah, Fiz was about to do album, and it was just like yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was all very natural.
Speaker 5: But the way we separated, didn't, you know, which I think that, you know a big part of why the tour, you know, is going to be so profound is because we weren't well. First of all, we started as kids, so we were already not in control to a degree of our own like.
Speaker 3: Boys like like the little Boys fast continued facts, So you know almost.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you could just imagine, you know what I'm saying, like after you know, you know, the guys kind of you know, wanting to see a deeper look into the business and then that being kind of shunned away for the importance of control. Now as a kids, you don't know that you don't know what certain moves me, you know what I'm saying, But that that pretty much was you know, that pretty much is what happened.
Speaker 2: So, no, it was never a plan for me to go solo. There was a plan for everybody to kind of do their.
Speaker 5: Own even though I started as a solo act before I got into the group, and I've always been an individual inside of you know, of our brotherhood so to speak.
Speaker 2: The three members that were already in the group before, you know what I mean. So I was like kind of coming into a situation, you know what I'm saying. So it felt more natural for you in that sense, yes, and also for them because they were more thick of thieves. You know what I'm saying. I didn't quite understand at the time. You know what I'm saying, And.
Speaker 3: I relate to you a lot. You know, I'm part of things and heat dances very well. I think that opponent that's a part of a group. Uh. And I was like the lead, the lead, and I had to take the lead. My partner went to jail and you took the lead. Was there ever a burden on you, like when you when you like said, you know, I'm gonna be a Mario artist, Yeah, not be took. Yeah, and I had to do that same thing.
Speaker 2: So yeah, No, it didn't feel like a burden.
Speaker 5: It actually felt like I was becoming like transforming and becoming more alive because because you know, at the time, like the relationship with the boys, it wasn't cool. So it was like it was more of a reason to go hard. It was more of you know, so it was like an inspiration in a way, you know, in a way that I guess when you're challenged, you know what I mean, you you want to rise to the occasion.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so it definitely was fueling me, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like I know everyone else here probably can't like like as much as I am relating to you, right, just because I was forced.
Speaker 2: To be a solo artist, okay, and I feel like you were too.
Speaker 3: I feel like I was forced to be a solo artist because he went to jail, and you was forced to be a solo artist because it was just your time and you you, you were the prince of the Michael Jackson of that fucking generation and you had to do that. So who was the decision was that to take you go?
Speaker 2: It was the management. Yep.
Speaker 5: It pretty much was like just a conversation and it was just like, yeah, well y'all do y'all thing were taking.
Speaker 2: Oh and I was like, oh okay and taking hold. Yeah, and this is and then we was out.
Speaker 5: Then I remember that next week, you know, we was just on a radio going back and forth, man, and it's just so crazy our journey.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to make up.
Speaker 3: When you say back and forth, you're saying what the group, Yeah, it was like the group didn't know you was going on solo.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I think that I think that.
Speaker 5: Once that kind of that volcano, that volcanic moment kind of came to a peak and it was like going us versus you.
Speaker 2: Then it was kind of like, you know, it's just what it is. It is what it is.
Speaker 3: Two against was crazy.
Speaker 2: It was and I watched it all. I'm sorry, Yeah, no, it was. It was crazy. We we we've been through the through the fire and the wire, the Fact' tour together. It's a big deal. It's a big.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 5: It's it's such a big deal. It's such a big deal I think for us more than anything, you know what I'm saying. And of course I don't expect people to understand it, you know what I mean, because they were, yeah there, they wasn't there for a lot of what we all had to experience, you know what I'm saying. So so yeah, this is like, this is like a completion. This is like a moment of you know, because because I always you know, tell the story and a lot of the interviews I'm saying. The reason why Be Too K was able to come back and put Nostalgia back on the planet because that the record show after twenty nineteen Millennium Tour, Nostalgia came back on the planet with that tour, you know what I'm saying. So with that energy, you know, I'm just being able to realize how everybody doesn't have that power.
Speaker 2: Everybody doesn't have that power.
Speaker 5: To bring you, to take you back into your childhood and in the present moment, you know what I'm saying, So that that kind of magic, you know, it costs, you know what I'm saying, And it was it was up to us.
Speaker 2: So it was up to us to be able to you know.
Speaker 5: Understand all of that time that we put into what now we're seeing, you know, twenty years later, Jackson Boys for like.
Speaker 2: Tour addition to that Guys High Honors.
Speaker 3: That's real shit, it really is. That's for new additions and then be two. K man uh, I'm gonna give it to New Audition because for everybody from New Audition that circled out, they all went platinum out of here. Yeah, k ya can't so fucking close.
Speaker 5: To only have two albums and to still be able to come back and our fans just like, we're so grateful.
Speaker 2: We're so grateful. No no, no, no, I mean it means something for real, you mean something beyond.
Speaker 3: Mother Love two. I Love two. I just got to be like I gotta still keep my gangster on and ship, all right, so we're gonna get into its.
Speaker 2: Let's go further back.
Speaker 3: What got you?
Speaker 2: What gave you the singing bug to start with? That's a great question. Okay, So I was a rapper first. Actually, how I got my name on Marion. I used to be in this rap crew called the Wild Kingdom and uh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: But the members was from all over the place, you know what I'm saying. One of the founding members Ruckus. He is who gave me the name of Marion.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I was a rapper and my mom told me. She said, she said, O, Mario, do you think you want to be a singer?
Speaker 2: I was like why.
Speaker 5: She was like, because the singers get all the girls, And I said, who is? That's exactly how I went down. I was like, thanks, man, you're right, but yeah, I've always.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: And then at the time, my like my step Pops, you know, he would have produced and stuff. So I was like recording on that machines. I was like recording way back. And yeah, so I was a rapper.
Speaker 3: All right, we're ready for quick Thomas L Let's go, let's go, let's get it.
Speaker 2: Come on, Sonny, you go he's not drinking.
Speaker 3: He's not drinking. So we're gonna let you designated drinker. We go, you your honey, designated drinker. You don't look you don't look prepared at all. You sure what you want to? Pick him?
Speaker 2: Sugar?
Speaker 3: I picked you birthday?
Speaker 2: What's your birthday? You get the funk out of here.
Speaker 7: Up.
Speaker 3: So everything you're.
Speaker 2: Saying, I know it. Scorpio Shi, yes, sir, and I know what I'm telling Glass give him a shot, glass shot, go man, look at you, man, I got you.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna he said, this is a little bot.
Speaker 2: What you're drinking.
Speaker 3: You're one of the best in the game than you. I really, really, really really you.
Speaker 4: Mean that.
Speaker 2: Thank you say that?
Speaker 3: Like I was so excited, like I was trapped in Puerto Rico, like not trapped in Puerto.
Speaker 2: Rico when I was because the flights were sucked up t s ASA and they said.
Speaker 3: We got a Mario and I said, I'm figure it out, and I figured this motherfucker out to get all be ready, all right, Jesus, this is.
Speaker 8: Our drinking game. We're gonna give you two choices. If you pick one, we do not drink. But if you say both or neither like you really don't want to answer it. Basically, okay, then we all drink, well, you drink water, he drinks for you.
Speaker 2: Take a shot. And really this is about bringing up names for stories. Stuff is negative anything?
Speaker 3: All right? Really trying to pain anybody against each other? All right, Definitely I'm not saying this first one.
Speaker 2: Definitely not saying this from I'm gonna let Sonny go for it. Let's go Sonny.
Speaker 3: Or Jabo.
Speaker 2: I can't choose for my bros. Okay, let me go shout, so we gotta man. You like your shot?
Speaker 3: I just asked. She didn't think I was gonna drink? Oh, I don't want to go against me. Two K. I'm being honest. I was be too k like that I did.
Speaker 2: That was huh. He's wait for a shot Marvin Gay or Stephen wan Uh.
Speaker 3: Saki, no fucking foul motherfuckers.
Speaker 2: Mario wanted us to have SOCKI he bring it up, So you said.
Speaker 3: Marvin Gay or Stevie Wonder and can Stevie want to see Stevie Wonder can see? And we're gonna choose Stevie Wonder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on, you got any stories with it with Steve wonder, Yes I do. I do. It was like Grammy Weekend and the guy that's always usually say what's up to Steve, He's going, hey, what's going on? To Mario? He was like, man, let me get your number. He had a keyboard and then he just start typing on the keyboard. I told him the number and then he repeated me back, Steve got a keyboard. Yeah, he had like a kid. He had like a little keyboard.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was like it looked like a like a like a small like a keyboard. Yeeah, yeah, like just a little quick little I'm about to store this number. It was some kind of device where he stored his numbers and he stored my number. Yeah, we never heard that. Yeah, straight up Steve music.
Speaker 8: Even when.
Speaker 2: Yeah he shout out to Stevie Stevie less Man, Yeah yeah said that said the number is gonna snuff me as soon as he I'm not.
Speaker 3: Gonna lie to like like like.
Speaker 2: We need Stevie on drinks.
Speaker 3: That we were saying about Steve Isley brothers said that they saw him across the highway.
Speaker 2: No, man, that's a highway.
Speaker 3: It was you always see highway.
Speaker 2: I mean it's just as bad They said that he crossed the busy street by himself.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a highway to me.
Speaker 2: I heard I heard that that he would go driving sometimes man, yeah, himself, that's a detail to hear that far. But I heard here, you know, he's getting his whip and then he just by himself with the person. Was like, let right, right, I didn't think about that part.
Speaker 3: But but but they said Oprah bought him off by Yeah, yeah, why did he buy him a Bentley? He did FaceTime snoop and he facetimes see you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But his memory though, like we have to remember how like his memory has sight, his memory has.
Speaker 2: Something his senses. Yeah, we joke around, but that's what happens that. Yeah, I mean if we walked in the kitchen a hundred times blindly, maybe we could fill around too. You know, maybe we could you know what I'm saying, like, no, I'm just sens like that. But I feel like Stevie is on the next left to let's forget that part. That's what I'm saying. Sound though said smell y smell people and know I'm trying to tell you.
Speaker 3: Sack said he got an elevator. This is on this show I'm not making this out. Shack said he got an elevator, and Stevee got an elevated by himself. Yeah, and he was like, what's up Diesel.
Speaker 5: For sure, for sure, But I'm just saying like he's massive. I don't know if he has a presence. Yeah, his presence is you know what I'm saying. I just ran into him at Ebony I did, and then he was with Lisa Ray and then we took a picture and I'm just like, damn, yeah, so he's with Lisa.
Speaker 2: Way, No, I think they just.
Speaker 3: I'm definitely taking it in.
Speaker 2: No, they We just was all in that hallway Stevie, Cafeel and ship at.
Speaker 9: Least if he's talking about Sir Phoebe Oh with Lisa, and then you took it to I know, I know Stevie gonna snuff me when I see him, Stevee going and when he see me, you went through far and I'm gonna take the snow.
Speaker 3: This is the best, this is the best punch in the face. I'm gonna damn Stevee does snu me? This is fire all right, m J. Prince, You're gonna take a shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't choose. I can't choose unk and unk. You got any stories with anybody?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I told, I told, I told h my Michael story and my Prince story.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you.
Speaker 5: I'll shure you guys. Here I ran into I ran into H Prince two times one at uh.
Speaker 3: Toiler to you. Yeah, what size of y'all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's question.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Lem.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean I think that everyone like knows that princess like four nine. I don't know, is that is that his hate?
Speaker 3: I don't know?
Speaker 2: Oh, okay man, yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: So I was at the House of Blues. Yeah, I ran into him at the rehearsal. I just seen him and I picked my head in and then I ran into him at the House of Blue.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And that one thing that they say about him as far as like him appearing and reappearing, like I definitely saw that.
Speaker 2: Because he was like behind me for two seconds and then you know, he was just gone. And the next moment I was looking for him. That's crazy, like I want to know, and he was like showing yeah he gets up.
Speaker 3: Yeah what did he say?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 2: No, No, he was he was definitely like, no, don't talk to me. He had energy like right now, like he didn't talk like that.
Speaker 3: You know, you.
Speaker 2: Don't talk to me right now. I'm chilling, you know what I mean, like his glasses. But I'm pretty sure that's not what he was.
Speaker 3: It was just like yo, at that moment, was a vibe he said that to you.
Speaker 2: No, it was just this energy.
Speaker 5: I think that I think and you guys might not might not notice. But see how we just played with his height like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would make a person very angry, you know what I mean, very angry because you're playing with you know what I'm saying. So it's like he didn't play.
Speaker 3: He didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I don't come over here playing with me, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So it was more like respect energy, big respect energy rather than like like that.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah I think it is Napoleon Napoleon. Yeah, I don't think I'm bad.
Speaker 2: How about MJ? When when you make MJ incredible incredible experience?
Speaker 3: We have a monkey? Did he have a monkey?
Speaker 2: But you know he was walking around with the monkey?
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So Rodney Jerkins invited me and yeah, yeah, Rodney shout out to Rodney Jerkins. Uh, he was on the backlode of Universal and they were shooting you Rocking My World video and it was like three four am. It was like, yo, y'all want to meet Michael. And we was like yeah, yeah, let's go and me and Rash we're the only one that woke up, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And then we yeah, yeah, and yeah.
Speaker 5: I think we were like nineteen eighteen, you know, yeah, we were young. Yeah, eighteen nineteen. And then we met him, and that was the first person that ever.
Speaker 3: Bowed to us.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. We ain't been to Japan. Yeah, the first person to bounce was Michael Jackson. Wow, We're like, oh shit, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So it's in detail. So because Pharrell did that to me and I was so uh, I did not like it?
Speaker 2: Why didn't you like it in a good way?
Speaker 3: He didn't understand. I didn't understand, like you No, But this is not when we first met him, though, No, that's not when I first met him, I know, But this is what they first meet.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is different context. Bro Okay, so far did it when like, like you guys are already friends and knew each other.
Speaker 3: When he did that, and so Michael Jackson described that moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we was on the back line, we were watching him.
Speaker 5: Shoot, you know what I'm saying, and then it was like a little break and then you know, he came walking up, you know what I'm saying with the aura you feel me came and just.
Speaker 2: Walking up like yeah. And then and then we was like walking forward. Yeah, and then Rodney was like, yeah, this is Mike this, you know what I'm saying. This rather Martin ain't the group B two K you know what I mean. And then he was like he bow and then he smiled and then he said Rodney and then he walked away. You know, it was like, oh, Mike, I wanted to I guess.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: It was Yeah, it was It's like the president for the president in this moment, you know what I'm saying to man. Yeah, yeah, So that was incredible, man being you know, someone that you know, definitely fathered my skill and my you know, everything that I do, you know, as far as building out a show, you know, just the minor details. I credit Michael Jackson, you know what I'm saying, because he's just one on one truly inspired my journey.
Speaker 2: As an artist. Shout out Jackson Man, prolific family.
Speaker 3: Where we're at here, Yeah, we got a million Christmas? All right? James Brown or Jackie Wilson.
Speaker 5: That's crazy James Brown, dall, but we love Jackie Wilson for real.
Speaker 2: He's one of them ones too. I can't never forget Jackie Wilson. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Gonna shot for that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for real, me too, by yourself.
Speaker 3: He's some ship.
Speaker 2: Ice box or oh oh damn, two different emotions, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Do you realize I'm sorry because I'm sucking up this question right now looking up? Do you realize whenever a nigga break up with a girl, that's exactly what they said, I got a box where my heart used to be.
Speaker 2: Empowerment, empowerment for every empowermentationship. I don't know it's empowerment, it's empower.
Speaker 3: Seventeen years old. It's not me. Niggas like him like you've been fucking niggas relationship, but you know what you've been doing. Come on, right, you you ain't realize that.
Speaker 2: Hold on, man, Sometimes you gotta get cold to melt down. You don't talk to heat up, Heat up. I'm just saying, so let's let's just ask that.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: You got an ice box, yeah, where my heart.
Speaker 3: Used to be.
Speaker 5: Right O, you done got me cold outside? I'm cold out here. I can't believe you did that. What the hell was you thinking?
Speaker 2: You don't appreciate me, You don't understand who I am. Okay, all right, I understand I'm not valued here, I'm cold. M hmm. You feel he's gonna go in the mirror.
Speaker 3: Come, my wife is here. I'm so glad. I'm so glad.
Speaker 2: I gotta.
Speaker 3: But I ain't gonna lie to you. I didn't have a good woman other that for that, so I had an ice box in my heart used to be period, and damn I should have felt that. I should have gave him you. I gotta.
Speaker 2: My heart right here, he said, He said, say that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you realize you made the most break up record in the world. Like when the niggag wants to leave, that's when they go to their girl. They like, listen, I gotta talk to you.
Speaker 2: I gotta talk now you.
Speaker 3: It's me.
Speaker 2: I got an ice box.
Speaker 3: Where my heart used to be. You don't know that, yeah, because I feel like your friends ain't telling you. No, No, I know.
Speaker 2: You knows what that record.
Speaker 3: You fucked up a lot of people.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: In a good way.
Speaker 2: Okay, I get what you mean.
Speaker 3: Ready over right, right? This was this was this was the that was their motivational all you really because it's like that's what every nigga.
Speaker 2: Said, like he shut down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want to. I don't want to say limited to just black people. Because it was George Good stands up. Uh, he's still there. He was like, girl, we got an ice box. No way, that was unsern so in my mind, Barbara the Yeah, but yeah, you got the ultimate break up record, straight up powerful. Did you try to do that or no?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: You know what, at that particular time when I was creating, I was actually experiencing putting my own experience in music and infusing that and seeing how that kind of permeated on the planet.
Speaker 2: So you got the ice box? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I had broke up with one of my little shots at the time, and yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah for sure, for sure.
Speaker 2: I think that's why it resonates. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It's a certain type of authenticity that you can put on a song via your voice through experience, you know what I'm saying. So that's what I was exercising at that time, you know what I mean. Like, Okay, now I.
Speaker 2: Really feel like this. Wait a minute, icebox, some about the ice box. I'm cold? Oh I like that? Like that? So yeah, so yes, it's very intentional shout out to the fellas. But just no, you know, love is greater. Love is greater.
Speaker 5: Love is the best experience being being cold is cool, but it's it's temporary, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they're going through it, right man, that's true. That's sure. Get through it.
Speaker 3: Get through it, your b I, you got your answer for you.
Speaker 2: You'll be all right. Don't worry. You just continued with quick time.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness. Hmmm, I can't choose and I'm gonna break down. Why yeah, go ahead and take that shot.
Speaker 2: Okay. First of all, they both got crazy drums, different drump patterns though, totally different. Different yeah different, But and Pharrell picked different chords.
Speaker 5: You know, his songs is in certain keys and courts, you know what I'm saying. So if I had to choose, I would choose for rel Okay, Wait, you.
Speaker 3: Just said both of them. Yeah, I just made y'all take water. Man. I'm choosing. Yeah, I'm choosing for that's Yeah, let's go. And I still don't get Louis every wee thing slag, but I don't. I don't get no free Louis. Yeah I haven't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta pull up. You got a call to the Horse Fashion Week. You need to pull up on that. I don't know, why not take your lady. It'll be an experience for Yeah, but I mean but maybe she want to get dressed.
Speaker 10: Yes me that I give him, well, at least one, you know what I'm talking about, or Carrie.
Speaker 2: Uh, definitely. I hate to choose the queens, but definitely my sister, k you know what I mean? Yeah, Yeah, why you're working together?
Speaker 3: Experience anything like.
Speaker 5: That fun fund j fact, my brother and her went to elementary school together, so.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so we're we're family, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: So I love that l A.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, yeah, her and my brother went to elementary before I was a star too. Yeah, straight up hills him.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 2: Of course, of course we was outside, come on, we was up in there with the kids.
Speaker 3: Kids, l A kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love Bowing Hills.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I felt comfortable, like as a black man, Yeah, going to Bown Hills and I said that, you know, you know it's crazy ship as uh. There was the one year hmm everyone got robbed in that like scal work, social ward. You know what was that I was in Bording Hills. I was so safe, straight up. That's the black there's the black community.
Speaker 2: They called it the Black Beverly Hills with.
Speaker 3: The Black Beverly Hill.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: They was giving me death row t shirts and that was I was.
Speaker 11: I was.
Speaker 3: I was so cool with that ship. And I went and I can't tell you who got robbed, because that's terrible.
Speaker 2: Somebody got rabbed, somebody got everybody that.
Speaker 3: Year, everybody got robbed.
Speaker 2: Give me that.
Speaker 3: I went so safe, like yeah, I should have went to the hood straight up, straight up, like yeah, I should have went to should have went to ball with Hill.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Man. What I realized involved with health was it was all black people. Yeah yeah, I didn't know. I didn't realize that that was successful black people at that time. What I did was I just what do they say now?
Speaker 2: Algorithms?
Speaker 7: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: So I followed the algorithms back then back then you've.
Speaker 2: Been a simply host. You ain't been a simply host. No, yeah, you gotta go. Yeah, yeah, that's involved with him. That's it's like a holistic story. You can get your you know, your smoothies, your dreams and you know what I mean, you can get whatever because you know what's the ship, the quarters. But I like what they're doing. I like what they do.
Speaker 3: It's like, yes, okay, go ahead, you Got Served or feel the Noise?
Speaker 5: Yeah, two different movies, you know what I'm saying, but definitely, uh, you got served. You got service as a cold classic, you know what I mean. Shout out to you know the class that came up with you got Served, because they know, they know the hype, they know the real dancing. That's kind of like my first big breakout. Yeah, that's big breakout one.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: And then I did Fat Albert. I actually got some. I produce my own TV show and I'm starring next year. It's gonna be it's called The Wild Rolls. I play a character named Roosevelt who is an assassin.
Speaker 3: So I'll be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, so I'll be. I'll be. You know, I heard you got mad.
Speaker 3: I got bodies beating them up on film too, So I'm gonna be getting back to my acting.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you got you got served, you got serve all I respect, respect, thank you, thank you?
Speaker 3: All right? Mustard and hit Boy, Damn.
Speaker 5: That's a tough one because I got I got a smash with Mustard. You know what I'm saying, which is supposed to be you know what I mean, supposed to be? Yeah, but hip boy, like I heard a song the other day that that he did. I forget what this called, but it's incredible.
Speaker 2: Home Team. I ain't gonna choose, y'all, go ahead and take that shot. Home Team, don't choose, gonna take the shot. They both killed him. Shut up, say up, straight up. California's we staid they're incredible.
Speaker 3: Man Chris Brown or Usher?
Speaker 2: Damn, I can't pick. I can't pick man one most shot. Y'all go ahead.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: See being shot? You feel me? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta give us an outrageous story about one of them, outrageous something we gotta drink shout it?
Speaker 2: Did you drink your I really have no crazy stories like that. Yeah, yeah, y'all gonna take this show. Yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, backstage antics. No, not really. I mean, you know me and C B. You know we we we grew up together. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So you never see them in the fight.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not saying that I ain't seen him in the fight, but but I know he could. He could defend himself. Got some hands.
Speaker 3: Question about R and B guys against R and B guys is way more against.
Speaker 2: You, you know you seething like anybody that can battle, if you want to think twice. Yeah, they got stamping. Yeah.
Speaker 3: R and B people are way more violent than hip hop.
Speaker 2: I'm about way more violin. You gotta said.
Speaker 3: I went backstage and I went you saw violence, so a bunch of violets he went back.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that I was jealous of them, like, wow.
Speaker 3: They cut you? No, yeah, yeah, R and B niggas will cut you. Yeah.
Speaker 12: In Haiti, he was R and B saying, Haiti, let's go, let's go. He was Porter Prince's number one R and B star, let's go going down.
Speaker 3: Let's see where we are. Man, I keep losing this guy. Really, he said, all right, Tanker, genuine.
Speaker 2: Damn, I can't choose, man. You to the R and B cor right now. I'm just saying, like we're talking about Tank and Jane one. You know, the niggas can't choose and they come on man alumni right up right up to salute to gee the Tank.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just don't shiop on me. Yeah. It was like the niggas done and the high that was young. We watched, but.
Speaker 2: Takes a good dude. Man, that's my good dude.
Speaker 3: And then he bladed a joke. But he said, but they hired no, and I was like, damn.
Speaker 2: Me in I.
Speaker 3: I took it, man, I'm taking my shot.
Speaker 2: Shout after Rewinded shout.
Speaker 3: That we want Yeah, you you don't. You don't need that. You don't need that at all.
Speaker 2: So what is it. It's like it's just an extra little guy, you extra wait minute, nothing, you got to get a little, just a little, a little and then a little a little about it a little. You know, I'm not using obviously, I'm not using.
Speaker 13: You ain't using.
Speaker 2: I got forward time coming soon. It's coming soon, man, man, Yeah, straight up, that ain't nothing but wisdom all.
Speaker 3: Right fast Florida Rewinded waste.
Speaker 2: The man or Drew Hill, damn man. Both groups that's a hard one because say one more time you said damn. It's just like two different errors. You know what I'm saying of groups it is.
Speaker 3: It's fucked up, damn, based on any type of relationship you have fucked up.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think it's a his I want to try to make me, not keep it so personal.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, the type of hiss right because end of the road. You know what I'm saying, into the road, like, yeah, I don't have to go boys man into the road, in the road.
Speaker 2: And then he also got that song where he said, you're gonna sing it for us.
Speaker 3: I know you cheated on me, but it's okay.
Speaker 2: It doesn't sounds like I'll take you back. That's the voice that's crazy. You can kick him. I'll take you back anytime. Word right now, because that ship made no sense.
Speaker 3: Anytime you want to kick him out, you can give him.
Speaker 12: They you ready an R and B starting Porter Prince, he's good man.
Speaker 2: Porter Prince is disgusted. Oh yeah, no worry about him. Shot to your maya.
Speaker 5: Oh that's a hard one's fool mm hmmm, two errors, two different errors. Dang, I don't want the queens to get mad at me, like why'd you pick her?
Speaker 3: Watch?
Speaker 2: And they do get mad. Damn, I don't. I don't think I'm gonna stay out of that one, y'all. Go ahead, and bottom was up.
Speaker 14: Yeah, say out of that one. We'll keep it moving in that direction though. Total WV oh oh.
Speaker 2: Okay, so.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I'm gonna want to say so that he was breaking it down.
Speaker 5: They have two different type of soul in my perspective, you know what I'm saying. You said s w V in Total and Total. Yeah, I feel like Total had more of like a hip hop R and B soul, you know what I mean, type of A lot of their hits were rhythmic, you know what I'm saying, can't you see?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But s w V week, oh my god, whatever, and then it's a bunch of them. It's a bunch of them. So I'm gonna have to go s.
Speaker 3: W V yeah, God legend s w V. Yeah, he's doing exactly what plus your p J.
Speaker 5: Damn, they're gonna make me picked between the bros. You're right, You're right. Yeah, I ain't gonna choose, y'all.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, man, I.
Speaker 2: Ain't gonna shoose. You need to stay out that ship. You're leading the witness, stay out that ship. He just want to drink man.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, that wasn't.
Speaker 2: I came to Dank independent of major.
Speaker 5: I think today, Uh, it depends on what you need, you know, what kind of support you need, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I think that for some people the major's work.
Speaker 5: You know, some people want a big look, some people want to be some people just don't know what that means, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I think that it was fitting for us, you know what I mean. When I first came in the game.
Speaker 5: You know, they didn't allow us to leave the room without you know, getting on the phone with our lawyers. So when you feel that excitement, when you feel that you know intention behind you, you know, it does makes you confident, you know what I'm saying, And it works, you know, major, Yes, the major idea and concept, because majors today is like it's wild, it's not even it's it's not even major, not even major.
Speaker 2: Actually yeah, it's yeah, That's all I'll say. But I would say I say independence always.
Speaker 5: I think that that as as artists, uh start and grow, you have to take responsibility for your art man period. And I mean all this aspects what you're singing about the producers you work with. I think artists should always be involved in the things that they create.
Speaker 2: So ownership, that's right, Yeah, Lionel Richie or Smokey Robinson Oie, I'm gonna have to go with Smokey. I'm gonna tell you why smoke Smoky. I want to look back.
Speaker 5: So so B t K did a Doctor Pepper commercial with Smokey Robinson. And also he is the model of being able to really live out your gift. Like I said, it's about who's here the longest, who's here the longest, Who could put in more work?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Who can become an elder? Who can become gray at this? Who could you know, recreate themselves over and over again. That's my version of what who the best is? You know what I'm saying? Who dies last?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So Smokey Robinson is like and and and you know he obviously take care of himself.
Speaker 2: He's taking care of his human experience. And I think that we.
Speaker 5: Should all like kind of just aspire in the latter part of our lives because you know, young people, they seem to think that they're just.
Speaker 3: Never gonna immortal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. So I will say he's still.
Speaker 11: Hey, he still got ladies at the cribs Montana man.
Speaker 5: I mean two dynamic personalities, you know what I mean, both equally hilarious.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Hilarious, hilarious, hilarious. Damn, I don't think I could. I don't think I could choose.
Speaker 3: We didn't take the shot.
Speaker 2: That's what we've been doing. Yeah, I don't think I could choose. I can't choose. Drink. I can't you drink again? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I like your peace. A little things came Warner Brothers an epic before you answer some facts? Yeah me and raise your hand. You used to work at Warner n I was the street team.
Speaker 2: My hand for epic. Come on all of the beat. Yeah, right there. He was a young street team in the street. Shout out to the street team. They made us high, yo, the street teams. The street team made us hot out in these streets. That's called hand in hand combat.
Speaker 3: Don't even do.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. That's why they call it outside Right now, that right there, that's a lost art.
Speaker 5: So which of those labels? Warner Brothers are definitely epic, you know, definitely epic. I think, uh, you know, Warner was expansive and you know, I think they have some great runs, but epic. Look at the name. You know what I'm saying. I remember going to that Sony building for the first time. I five fifty New York. You know what I mean to perform in order to get our deal and yeah, to beat Oka beat you k is a person? Yeah, that first deal. Yeah, I jumped on that table. Okay o, Marian jumped on.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, we been did that. We been did that the beach. Okay, we ben did that. We was notorious for that. You got asked anybody. We We was in the five by nine and we was performing.
Speaker 3: Everybody is.
Speaker 2: Right, come on, let's clear.
Speaker 3: Let's be clear.
Speaker 2: I can't speak for my guys when my guys is not here, I can't speak fun.
Speaker 3: But everybody, you everybody.
Speaker 2: Get a contact buzz right now, you get the contact Epic or one of brothers.
Speaker 3: He was speaking apart. Everything's right. What you're outside like that?
Speaker 2: We were, but everybody thinks that but don't know I think that to a degree, you can't kill your audience is fantasy, you know what I'm saying. Like, you know what I mean, you can't all right, guy.
Speaker 3: Drinking because you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Why you want another spirit?
Speaker 3: I want to. I want to spirit to God, it's there, it's there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because you lived that life.
Speaker 3: I know that life. No fat joke. No, what's it called caps there's no cat to fly God?
Speaker 2: It's my brother. You're fucking crazy. But yeah, you you live that life. One one. You know the life. But that was an error though, that was an error.
Speaker 3: That was an error for you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I mean I don't turn down the right love. You know what I'm saying. I want love all the time. When I'm gonna be like, no, I want to, I want to. I want to genuine love. I want the real life. I accept the love.
Speaker 13: You're not going to Columbia, of course, I'm about there. I got love everywhere everywhere. He think it's in Colombia today. You know it's a different love in Colombia.
Speaker 2: Oh no, what's that?
Speaker 3: I can't go? No loves normal there the club and they going to the whorehouse.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, No, they got normal people.
Speaker 3: I can't go to Columbia all, Okay. I feel I'm loyal. I'm a loyal man. Yeah, I feel that.
Speaker 2: I feel that you ain't missed another man missing. No, I don't think so. But when you are when you I've never been, You've never been. I've never you can I know a lot been from Columbia, but been there.
Speaker 3: What they're going to the Philippines, They're going to be the man.
Speaker 2: Who is who are you talking about? Dominica? Be Themnican public, Dominica, Dominican Republic.
Speaker 3: Dominican Republic, or there's students, Dominican Republic.
Speaker 2: Dominican Republic. Yeah, I need to go to Dominica, Dominica, Dominica. That is different, okay, okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: So let's do you well? Do you well?
Speaker 2: Yes? Many, we're not finished. Ahead, I'm do you well, but you can say do you well?
Speaker 3: Go ahead? I want to do York do you well?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, let's just so about that do you well?
Speaker 5: That came from that song. There's a song I put out I believe like two years ago. Yeah, that came on was that the Connection album?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So I.
Speaker 5: I ended up shooting a documentary and I used a lot of that music. I pretty much did like a soundtrack to that documentary of the twenty nineteen Millennium Tour.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's where that song came from. Do you well that was like some of my last solo releases before this this release coming out?
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you well?
Speaker 2: All right, let's wrap a quick time almost done.
Speaker 3: Jeremiah or Trey songs. Damn, all ready to drink? All right, go ahead, ready to drink?
Speaker 2: All right, go ahead, salute to the kings Man, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Josy or Jacket.
Speaker 2: Edge, Oh my lord, come dawn to me, but come on Mary Jodasy for show influenced Jacket Edge of course, of course, of course. And also the like I said, the brother thing, you know what I mean, because I have my brother with me everywhere I went and go, you know what I mean. So Casey and Joe so yeah, yeah, my b brother all ran.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then Jacket Edge had that too, the twins. You know what I'm saying, I can relate. That's what I'm saying. You know what I mean. The bro energy is next level. So damn if I had this shoes, oh my god, shoes all right?
Speaker 3: Thanks?
Speaker 2: Yeah, But I said Jonas. He said, Jodasy damn his mindset Jodasy it did, it did.
Speaker 3: That's what I think.
Speaker 2: That's what I told you. I told you. Oh, that's a younger version of you. That's before her marathon before Hey, you can tell this this guy right here, it was a different that. Yeah, you're looking like, hold up, I'm gonna get it. A lot of fun, still has a lot of fun. All Right, we almost done, Marcus. You said about wow, definitely bout wow, definitely bow I love Yeah, Okay, actually two more acting or singing. I can't choose. It kind of goes hand in hand. It goes hand in hand. You know, the voice, you know what I mean, the creation.
Speaker 3: Ever would have that, but you got a movie that more forever you.
Speaker 2: Got Yeah, I'm with yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you think about going on stage right and you know your first song is telling a story, you don't just come out and be like singing the song like now at the table. Yes, it's an act, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So he wants to be your posit, your music music. But then he also has like like I know, for the fact one movie that a lot.
Speaker 15: Of straight up but he's all right, last one the last one of the quick time loyalty or respect?
Speaker 2: Respect? Respect. You know what I'm saying, I think that respect is more important. I can help them, but you can help them with that one. But but but break that down. I mean, what do y'all think? I was like you, I really want to see where this guy's gonna try to I will say, yeah, I was. To me, I was, I would say respect. I would say that they're.
Speaker 5: It's not only important for a man to have respect, it's important for a person to respect themselves as well, you know what I'm saying. And also, I believe respect is the gateway to gratitude, to actually being thankful for things. You know what I'm saying. When you respect something, you're you appreciate it, you know what I'm saying. Versus loyalty is more of a of an observant test, you know what I'm saying, Like your your loyalty has to get tested, you know what I'm saying. But you know, I think I think that that's like a pre uh that's it's it's a predisposed position. You know that you can maybe find yourself in. But respect, it's all around, you know what I'm saying. When you go outside, when you walk, whatever you do, if you carry respect with you, you carry a great thing.
Speaker 2: So I would say, respect, what was.
Speaker 3: It gonna be? What was It's not delusional thinking?
Speaker 4: Is real, scientific fact scientific yes, scientific fact might be old laboratory testing.
Speaker 3: And especially that we have the same birthday.
Speaker 2: That's it, big loyal.
Speaker 3: You already know.
Speaker 4: He was starting saying, he said, I just started with this, so the respect wise, and that's part of a slime.
Speaker 3: The interview started off when he was like, how do you get these things? Don't let it bother you. He's not really, that's meaning your respect. You don't care. He's holding the principles. But what I'm saying is the loyalty part is like number one for us the period.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and then.
Speaker 3: We'll deal with the rest.
Speaker 4: So I didn't know if he said both yeah, I mean yeah, but when he picked one and he picked respect.
Speaker 2: Not the same birthday, we don't know.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's not birthday. I'm sorry. I'm just saying I know fault. Yeah, of course more than anything.
Speaker 2: Of course, of.
Speaker 3: Course, I am getting ready to Grandma.
Speaker 1: No, I feel you.
Speaker 2: I appreciate I appreciate that perspective. Of loyalty. He drink the whole bottle. That is important to us.
Speaker 5: I think that should be important to anyone that cultivates relationships, you know what I'm saying. But I just know that you can't always hold your version of loyalty test to everybody else because everybody else is not going to really be tested in some other ways that may be closer people that are closer to you will be tested.
Speaker 2: So it's like, do I expect the world to be loyal Not really? You know what I mean. You can't expect loyalty. No, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: You can demand or represent yourself with respect, yeah, yeah, but you can't expect loyalty.
Speaker 5: You can, It's something you have to witness. It's like, damn, why that person hote me down like that? And it's like, because I know I'm.
Speaker 2: With you, But in the context that we lay it out, yeah, we say which one one or both? You're always going to say I just give you both?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah choice, Yeah, No, for sure, for sure. I wanted to. I mean, I've been making y'all take a lot of shots, so I was trying to. I was trying to be considerate on that one. You know, like, all right, let's talk about the tour. Okay, okay, So so you guys the reunion tour. When is the launch? Yep? So yeah, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, y'all could definitely check that trailer out. Shout out to Chris Robinson.
Speaker 3: Yeah. B two K.
Speaker 5: We made the announcement a couple of weeks back that we are going on tour. Tickets are on the BPC dot com myself, bow Wow, walk a Floka Crime Mob. It's gonna be a real party, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And forgive me if I'm forgetting anyone else, but yeah, tickets is on sale, y'all. The Boys for Life tour. It's gonna be special, y'all.
Speaker 3: Pop on out and.
Speaker 11: Yep for now, yep, got to do it internet for sure, for sure, for sure. Gotta make my way, yes sir, yep. And then uh and then the album.
Speaker 5: Yes oh two yep. You see the demands. We got music, we got music, we got tours, we got TV. Yeah, so y'all just be on the lookout for all of you know, the good things that are coming.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: O two in February, uh B two K tour in February. Uh New music, O Marion New Music, B two K expect to see a lot of men in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 8: And hold on and you alluded to you wish you could make a document But would there ever be a documentary about B two K and that whole experience?
Speaker 5: I think a biopic, you know, at a certain point in time. I think we're still you know, curating our story, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean, because that can help a lot of upcoming artists. Yeah, for sure, that experience. Sure, Yeah, we definitely at some point want to do a movie.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's so many intricate parts, you know, especially when we all separating and had to go on our own journeys, you know, to manhood, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think it would be a great movie, actually coming age movie. Yeah, facts facts, So yeah, be expecting great things. Hey man, I appreciate you got it.
Speaker 3: Okay, here is that him?
Speaker 2: I think it is? You know I've seen it and no I didn't, No I didn't, but he was he was. He was right in there are like goals, swag, yes, sir as, the Yeah, hell y'all drink Sam, Let's take them flicks, Nice boy.
Speaker 8: Drink Champs is a Drink Champs LLC production hosts and executive producers n O r E and dj e f N.
Speaker 2: Listen to Drink Champs on.
Speaker 7: Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by Yours Truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials That's at drink Champs across all platforms, at the Real Norriagon, I g at noriag on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on I g at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink cham Ans dot com.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm