Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of grem Trends three. Grem Trends, Gremtrends three. It's been announced, Miles. Oh, they've announced a freaking sequel to the freaking grem Trends that one courtesy of Vanadium Silver on the discord.
Speaker 2: And my name is Jacko Brian. That over there is Miles Gray.
Speaker 1: Uh. This is the Hot Gremlin, the Hot that's right, Hot Gremlin. This is the episode where we tell you what is trending. And this is late breaking news. They've they've just announced that Gremlins three is going to drop on all our asses in the year twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Spielberg is ep ing.
Speaker 1: Oh but uh directing Christopher Columbus gots alive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this motherfucker's still out here.
Speaker 3: I always think he's also John Hughes.
Speaker 1: So I always associate him with kind of not like he made the first two Harry Potters, which I.
Speaker 2: Thought were kind of bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and then they gave it to like somebody else, uh film the third one, and they did a good job. But like, he has some bangers, So first of all, we should we got to put some respect on his name for writing the first Gremlins.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely all praise.
Speaker 1: Also, the Goonies did not direct it, which I think we can we can be thankful to the film gods that he did not direct it.
Speaker 2: That was a fucking what's his name?
Speaker 3: Mm hmmmm.
Speaker 1: I had directed Lethal Weapon and U Donner was don oh ship, Yeah, yeah, a great director.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, Joe Dante.
Speaker 1: I thought, why Dante directed the original Remlins?
Speaker 3: Oh wait? What who directed Goonies?
Speaker 2: Is liar?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, Donna.
Speaker 1: I'm not like a film but you know, I like movies, but like, I didn't realize how many of the movies that I that are just like printed on my brain were directed by Richard Donner. The first Superman, the Second Superman, the Toy because it was just always on Comedy Central. But Gooney's Lethal Weapon, Lethal Weapon two, Scrooge okay three Maverick.
Speaker 2: This dude, he.
Speaker 3: Just was he like so mel Gibson was like his fucking muse or some shit. I do conspiracy theory also.
Speaker 2: But anyways, we're not talking about Richard Donner.
Speaker 1: We're talking we're talking about Christopher Columbus, who I was like, this guy sucks shit.
Speaker 2: Why are we giving him the movie.
Speaker 1: He also directed This is a Pretty Crazy Run, Adventures and Babysitting, something called Heartbreak Hotel, and Little Nemo Adventures in Slumberland, which I'm not familiar with, a home alone, Home Alone two missus doubt fire like, that's a that's a pretty crazy run. And then writing Gremlins and the Goonies.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: He's been a little bit off his game lately. Yeah, so he fucked up the first Harry Potter movies. Then did Percy Jackson in the Olympians The Lightning Thief, which I think everyone was like, here we go again, baby, get ready to roll out the Harry Potter money. And they were like, Percy who Now, I'm actually reading that.
Speaker 2: Book to my kids right now. They're they're enjoying it.
Speaker 1: Is Percy Jackson black, He's not what don't believe it? I know those fucking that's Johnny Damis. Percy Jackson is a white character. Percy Jackson is a white guy. And there's some subtle colonialism stuff in there that not great.
Speaker 3: But Percy Jackson sounds like he would have opened for James Brown, you know what I mean, Or was like, you know, part of like playing with Booker Tea and the MG's or some shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, saxophone. We got Percy Jackson, Jackson Perceval. Anyways, so that that's big news. I don't know, I'm sure they'll manage to fuck it up. But yeah, Gremlins too, was like everyone's like, no, this is not what we were asking. This is not what we wanted from a Gremlins movie when it first came out, and in retrospect a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: It's everything I wanted in a Gremlin's I remember when Gremlin's who came out said, man, fuck the first Gremlins. This is what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: This is an escalation the Gremlins movie that we were all that should have been from the ode. Yes, my main note on Gremlins one, no hot Gremlin exactly. Yeah, what are you doing? Why don't I want to fuck one of these Gremlins?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Damn damn.
Speaker 1: All right, well, anyways, that's a little bit of exciting news up top and for the Olds. Yeah, we also have some more details coming out from the Louver heist.
Speaker 3: Didn't they catch them all?
Speaker 1: Like the Pokemon Autumn all, like the postmon They've got four guys in custody. So this one guy is pretty interesting. He's a security guard, which is like what movies promised us he would be. You know, you got a security guard one of the don't. I don't think he worked for the Louver necessarily, but he was. He was a security guard, less in line with expectations. He's also a social media influencer and motorbike enthusiast whose handle is doo Doo cross Bitum, which doo dooo is like a plushy toy or blanket. It's not like do doo, but do doo. That will be pronouncing it using the poetic license as do do. The name translates to do doo asphalt crosser. And he's he's beloved ship.
Speaker 3: This my man is doing street calisthenics like he's New York.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's he seems cool.
Speaker 3: He's doing with.
Speaker 1: The Guardian and several of the videos do Doo Cross Baitoom is shown riding a Yamaha te Max, thearticularly powerful make of mega scooter used in the Louver Thieves Getaway and other places. Said he was a local legend, a motocross daredevil who has gained a cult following for performing wheelies on the champs.
Speaker 3: Oh is his name. Is it a reference to that because he's African. Maybe his name is Amado or something and he's just doubling up. Oh, could be that. I was just trying to translate. I just didn't want to assume that it was do doo asphalt crosser, like somebody gets out of the way of some dog shit roll with that upper body strength. I'm not fucking I know. All right, So they got him, he is, They got followers on Instagram.
Speaker 1: We're getting more details about how it went down. First of all, I mentioned a tweet yesterday that the the noted that the Lou's video surveillance system that they managed to break into was protected by the password louver. Just going with like, this ship is way easier than people think that the museum staff is is not crack team of surveillance experts, and in fact, are the same people who are shushing you, the kind of retirees who are shushing you and uh, you know, telling you not to stand too close to paintings. But just this description, this, this particular part of the description. Two of the gangs smashed an unsecured window and two glass display cases before descending in the lift and fleeing on motorbikes driven by the other two in a brazen daylight heist that lasted less than seven minutes from start to finish. They got in an elevator. Like that part just.
Speaker 2: Fucks me up so much.
Speaker 1: That they did the heist, broke in, grabbed the Crown jewels, and then got in an elevator. Hit the but hit the bun, hit the bun, keep closed door button. Those those are actually uh that those don't do anything. It's just there for design to make you feel like you're doing something.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: You have to assume there was an old lady in there with them who like kept pressing the wrong floor just you know what I mean, Like, I feel like that always happens. So bad news for doodou Cross's case, his DNA was apparently found on one of the display cases, but in better news, the jewels still haven't really been recovered. So yeah, I feel like he could just be like, yeah, I was a big fan of the jewels. I went there and like maybe I drooled a little bit. I don't know, I don't know. I mean, I was taking my time. I got in an elevator.
Speaker 3: It's like I was China is the rest of your case.
Speaker 1: That there's a video of me on YouTube riding that motorcycle that that feels pretty weak.
Speaker 3: And oh sorry, my DNA was left at the scene. Yeah, I think wasn't there another guy who also got clocked because of his DNA? I heard?
Speaker 1: I think, I think it's not looking great for them. I'm I'm into these guys, like I'm a fan right away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you steal the jewels of an empire, that's not a crime.
Speaker 1: No, that's freeing that if they haven't found the jewels, so we don't know what they did with the yet.
Speaker 3: Sure allegedly and if and if it was them, just have them pay to like to fix the case or whatever, you know what I mean, that's it to do some community service case? Bro? Do you know what happened? Do you know how many people died because of these fucking rocks?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 3: And yeah, I I made some money.
Speaker 1: But to the point about this like not fitting in with our image of how like a ice like this would go down, Like his his background is like he's got fifteen offenses including possession and transportation of drugs, driving without a license, causing danger to others. And I think he was like wanted for breaking a mirror while he was in jail, like property crimes and shit like that. He was he was convicted of robbing a jewelry store in twenty fourteen. But like he's sort of a low level criminal who like decided to dream big you know. Oh I love that, And his profile is solo that the media in France has invented like an unknown mastermind who hired them.
Speaker 3: They're like, this must have been some fucked up I know. It's like it's like a rom com where the where a doodoo motocross guy is like yo, Like, my old lady's like, you're not doing anything with your life, dudu. You just doing pull ups in the park. When are you gonna dream bigger?
Speaker 1: He does it, only for the media to be like it wasn't him, Yeah, it couldn't have been him.
Speaker 2: It must have been some mastermind.
Speaker 3: Oh god, Well, the suspect.
Speaker 1: Profile do not correspond with those one generally associates with high level, meticulously planned organized crime, prompting French media to speculate that they may have been hired by an unknown mastermind because it's fucked up. That's classes that's racist, bro, Yeah, that's racist. What black white man I told you how to do this?
Speaker 3: What black what white man told you could just walk in and bash a case up and walk out of here. It's like if it'd be one thing, if this was like some Thomas Crown affair shit, and there was like you were using technologies that we've never got seen.
Speaker 1: That elevator, It's like, how do you get in the elevator after? Like they can't they just stop those isn't that like a fairly straightforward thing that happens during an emergency as they like close the elevators.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but again, this thing I think that's all it revealed, is this the louver is not hermetically sealed. It's not Fort Knox. If you have enough fucking gumption and a hammer, yeah, it's yours. It's yours.
Speaker 2: It's yours. The world in the palm of your hand.
Speaker 3: Is jewels in the palm of your hand.
Speaker 1: Brian, that editor makes a really good point that when they got in the elevator, there's almost zero chance that the girl from Mean Panmo was not playing on the you know, quietly beautiful beauty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that of course I love that. Just as it closed.
Speaker 1: Out, Yeah, just looking at each other, pressing the button again a couple of times. That's not going to make it go faster. I know, I know, I know. Makes me the scooter is a scooter. Yes, I put gas in the scooter before we came. Okay, scooter skirt. Let's take a quick break. We'll come back and talk about a more fallout from the elections. We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 3: We're back.
Speaker 2: And while we may have been happy on yesterday's episode with the election results.
Speaker 1: Megan Kelly opened her show, Yeah, maybe a little bit less excited. Oh god, just just right in my veins. Megan, just put it right in my veins.
Speaker 3: I love seeing a white nationalist be so frustrated with their failure of their own creation. Here it is.
Speaker 5: Hey, everyone, not Megan Kelly. Welcome to the Megan Kelly Show. How are you feeling this morning?
Speaker 3: Real good?
Speaker 2: Like shit? Oh what?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can relate. Last night was a total and complete disaster. I realized these were blue states. I don't care. The margins are so large and Republicans lost across the board everywhere in every race.
Speaker 2: There's really no good news.
Speaker 5: Literally, the only good news is how radical the Democrats are.
Speaker 1: Things like and like mom, Donnie, basically social communist jihad is sold, then the Democrats will have to own that.
Speaker 3: Dude, the city falls apart.
Speaker 1: Why do they think he won? What do they like? How are they reckoning with that? Like? Are they like well, because he like has a secret cabal of immigrants who are like cheat voting.
Speaker 3: For That was one thing that was implied obviously that they're like.
Speaker 4: New York's full of immigrants, because that's why Tucker Carlson knows that like economic populism is the thing to do now two years old, are fucking starving to death?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's just one of those things. There's such an l all they can do is be like they're so fucked up and gone and so radical, like that's really the thing they keep, that's the button they keep pressing. Outside of that, I mean, the other thing was like, you know, is he even Trump was trying to cope with it. He's like, it's because I wasn't on the ballot, right, and the shutdown made people realize that we're bad. Is that what you're trying to say?
Speaker 1: You're doing the thing that they hated about Biden, like way worse than anyone and like clearly on purpose, when you're making it evident that you're doing it on purpose.
Speaker 3: There's two pieces of colp talking points that I've heard repeatedly now. The first one she said, well and it was blue states. Well, sure, some of the big races were in blue states, but you got your fucking shit kicked in in Georgia. Okay, Pennsylvania, fucking Mississippi. Damn well, Mississippi, the Democrats broke a GOP super majority in the state Senate.
Speaker 1: That's that's that seems that And is there is there like that. There's a bunch of these results where people are like, not my memory, has this happened?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, people are voting for Democrats in Mississippi.
Speaker 3: Like in Georgia there was uh this there's a public utility regulator. Is the first time Democrats have won a non federal statewide office since two thousand and six. Yeah, and they got two Democrats in there. So that's the first one is just trying to be like it's it's fucking nonsense. The other one is the mom Donnie's going to show people how bad the radical left is when he destroys New York. And this one is half true. Unfortunately, because any failure, be it of his own creer, of his own making, or a shortcoming policy wise, because it's not like he can do everything unilaterally as mayor, even if it's something that's been plaguing the city prior to his election, it's going to be distorted through the lens of capitalist media to be like, well, I don't know. I mean, like this guy the same thing they.
Speaker 1: Did, forget his own media apparatus, Like he needs to be getting his own you know, messaging out there to the people somehow. I've talked about how Claudia Scheinbaum like anytime that a leftist has taken over from a like neoliberal institutional you know, status quo, the mainstream media will fuck.
Speaker 2: Them, like over and over and over again.
Speaker 1: And like so the way Claudia Scheinbaum and her predecessor did is they like would have hours long press conferences every morning being like, so, here's our plan for today. Here's how we're trying to execute on that plan. Like here, here's like some wins, here's some things we're working on, like just real honest conversations straight to the people and not letting the mainstream media and like the.
Speaker 3: Don't let Weiss, don't let Barri Weiss explain what you're.
Speaker 1: Even the New York Times, Like the New York Times is going to be like questions emerge about mom Donnie's ability to you know, they'll they'll find a crime and then blame it on Mom Donnie like that that's going to be happening, Like that is a status quo. Like he needs to have an open line of communication that does not rely on the mainstream media. And then he just needs to like, you know, stay focused, which I think he's planning to do, Like he's like, you know, get get those policies out that are going to actually help people.
Speaker 3: The other thing that Megan Kelly talks about, she's like there was so much infighting. She's like, we should have been getting people out to vote. And I'm like, I honestly found comfort in that, because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly what the Democrats after they lose.
Speaker 3: Her worldview is even more distorted than the DNCS somehow, like Republicans actually think that Trump's election meant that every single person was down for the dog was not even dogs, the fucking white ethno state makeover wakeover. Yeah, and you know, and while they were look there were many people that were just voting for Trump because we know this, who were just so like such low information and probably didn't like, don't know the nuance of anything, like, uh, Trump not Biden, therefore change, I.
Speaker 2: Think let's go Brandon set.
Speaker 3: Yeah. They also don't realize that the voting populace is so ground down by economic inequality that xenophobia is only desirable for a fraction of that base. Like it has its appeal obviously, but there are still people who are like, I don't know, like I'm broke and I'm everything is unaffordable. Isn't that like a thing a president like kind of can do, Like I don't need to, I'm not here for the deport.
Speaker 1: Point of like him coming in and being like, yeah, I think I will be an authoritarian is that he would be able to like smash shit up and like just like push things through because he's like, you know, going to be an authoritarian. I think that was part of the appeal to people, And that's an understandable theory of the case, except he came in and started smashing shit up and pushing shit through. That just makes billionaires like richer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and every policy is making life harder for people on every turn. You can barely fly because of the fucking shutdown. The people you are, you're not getting paid because they shutdown you. Services aren't available to you that you rely on because of the shutdown, all the fucking deport to the kidnappings of American citizens and let alone people that are just fucking minding their own business. I mean, this is where they could maybe take a page out of the Democrats book. Have you even tried pulling on some of your policy positions? Do you know how fucking undesirable there? Because you might be able to draw a line to that. But again they're like, we don't making guys like GOP doesn't know who to run anymore. They don't know how to ruin a race. It's like, it's your fucking policies is the first bit, Like you lost seats on the utility Commission because fucking utility costs are soaring right hello. So, and you know we've been saying whoever whatever party starts addressing the cost of living first is going to win full stop because where every like a lot of the rhetorical shit is becoming more and more meaningless. The the fucking angst about immigration is becoming more and more meaningless if there's there's absolutely no change, or you have no bandwidth to be outraged about this, like culture warshit when you can't pay your fucking bills.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, there part exacerbated by not being able to pay your bills. And people are just like, well, I got to be angry at someone. I got to have hope that someone's going to fix this. Why don't we go with the racist guy who says, you know that it's somebody else's fault, who doesn't look like me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so I don't know. I mean, and it is like these people they're still doing they they don't know what their brand is somehow to the outside world they're among themselves correctly.
Speaker 1: They are not seeing themselves correctly. You're right, yeah, and you do hate to see it. Dems in disarray, public goop.
Speaker 3: The head of the d n C is like, you know, these numbers are obviously like this is very good, you know though, it's just and I'm like, dude, you don't for a second think it's because of your leadership at the d n C.
Speaker 1: You don't just got your ass kicked in New York City. By the way, you were not helping Zorn like you yeah, you're your candidate just got beat twice.
Speaker 3: This is socialist. Yeah, this is where it gets sticky again because a lot of this, uh you know, the swing back to people voting for Democrats in these races is they're going to be like, yes see that was that was like that was an anomaly.
Speaker 2: That was an anomaly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they yeah, they don't see where the energy is.
Speaker 3: Necessarily, don't let these people do it to us again.
Speaker 1: A new political all star. That's Spamberger. That's that's who our new political that's who we're taking.
Speaker 3: Our you know who are yeah, you know who are running in the next race. It's a it's a ten gallon water bottle just like from a water dispenser, and a towel to put over your face. That was actually used as a CIA black site to waterboard someone they're running for Senate.
Speaker 2: Other election related news.
Speaker 1: Uh, no one could get their hands on the New York Posts red apple issue. The oh yeah that that immediately the New York Post headline the red Apple became a thing that everybody was buying and selling. The resale market for the New York Post headline became very part.
Speaker 3: On fucking stock x bro. You can get them on stocks.
Speaker 1: Hold out in five minutes. They're copies. Are there really copies on stocking?
Speaker 3: No? It just feels like the kind of shit honey eBay.
Speaker 1: They're going for prices ranging from fifty dollars to three hundred and fifty dollars, So.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It feels like, come on now, don't not put money in these resellers. Pockets finds you a high resolution image of the cover and print that out at Kazinko's.
Speaker 1: Put it in your barber shopp or wherever. Who are these people who hold on to old newspaper articles?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: I don't know that any recording bunker.
Speaker 3: Do you?
Speaker 2: You did your parents hold on to Yeah, mom's paper clippers?
Speaker 3: My mom too.
Speaker 1: My mom is a fucking she got a Laker jersey on, but she's a clipper.
Speaker 3: Okay. Because the amount of old newspaper like with Hideo Nomo came to the Dodgers, my mom has any time he was on the in the sports section, my mom was clipping out that shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my mom would just be like, read this article, thought about you send me?
Speaker 3: You know, my mother in law does that ship to me all the time. Whenever there's like a Japanese recipe in the New York Times, she cussed that ship out and she goes, oh, I thought you, I thought you'd like this, and I go, thank you so much, as very thoughtful, but this is this is an abomination, this recipe. But I appreciate I appreciate you trying to you know, thinking to me, it's.
Speaker 1: Always a story about either hyperhydrosis or people with diarrhea. For some of them, I thought, maybe you should about you why mans his pants on on podcast.
Speaker 3: Thinking of you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, it does. Yeah, just overall, there's a good.
Speaker 1: Article from forget this guy's name, but he's like somebody who was involved in the very John B. Judas it was involved in the very early days of the DSA.
Speaker 2: And he was talking about how like how far they've come.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They ran an uh A candidate in I think San Francisco in the seventies and the candidate placed behind somebody who was whose name on the ballot was.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ Satan.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, dude, and was like a Satanist occupation metaphysician. Yes, which might be a job in San Francisco if you're a physician that works at meta.
Speaker 2: That's true. That's a really good point.
Speaker 1: It's actually I'm a metaphysician. Yeah, Jesus Christ Satan, Hell yeah, dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think mainly this article should just be about how you fucked up and jumped on the wrong bandwagon, and you should have. We should be talking about President Jesus Christ Satan. But just the fact that like this is not like out of nowhere, This is the endpoint of like a lot of steady like ups and downs, but like more and more socialists democratic policies, democratic socialist policies becoming more and more popular as the Cold War brainwashing slowly wears off, and as people come to realize class like kicking and dragged kicking and screaming, people begin to realize that it is probably the best solution for what ails this country at.
Speaker 3: This one hundred percent. I mean, I think also too, it shows that these campaigns like Zorn's is like really rooted in like true democracy, Like he was getting out there, He's getting people out together, going door to door, neighbor to neighbor, spreading the news about the candidacy. And I think that's something that also you like when you have that kind of energy, it comes from a place because people believe that what you are doing is going to offer something new. Yeah, and yeah, the message is message. Message was solid, and he wasn't even really fully doing a full frontal attack on capitalism, which I get. Man, maybe you got to you got to turn the volume up on that over time, you.
Speaker 1: Can't generally the that's been the general evolution from like being like fuck capitalism to like socialist policies within capitalism.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like that's been given.
Speaker 1: People the ability to be like, all right, as long as you don't say fuck capitalism.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well it's a jump for people too who don't have any kind of context for like these different systems of governance or like political you know, anything, like where it can be like, well, capitalism bad and yeah, a percentage of people be like fuck yeah, dude, it's a fucking destroyer of earth. Most people are like nah.
Speaker 1: So if you start going, damn man, what about if there's a grocery store that was way fucking cheaper than like when these other fuckers are charging fuck yeah to that, And you're like okay, okay, okay, let's turn that volume a little bit more A little bit more, because that's the one critique I think a lot of people who are left of Mumdani sort of have of him is just sort of like, well, you know, he's not like an enemy of capital.
Speaker 3: Yet or ever. But again, I think this is something hopefully can be built on as people, you know, because of their their experience of lack, brings more consciousness about and allows for more ideas like this to get hold. So yeah, reasons to be optimistic.
Speaker 1: All right, that is going to do it for us on this Thursday afternoon. We're back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get your vaccines where you still can't get your flu shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Fight Bite the Daily Zeite guys as Executive produced by Catherine Law.
Speaker 1: Co produced by Bay Wayne, co produced by Victor Wright.
Speaker 2: Co written by J M McNabb, and edited and engineered by Brian Jefferies.