Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Carol Messer along with Tim Stanevik. Let's get to some stocks on the move. We definitely did see some stocks at played today. Joining us right now is Bloomberg crosssor reporter Isabelle. She's joining us here in studio. Where are you beginning?
Speaker 3: Intel? Ah, they didn't have a great earnings. In fact, it was really not good. They gave lackluster forecast because supply shortages are making it harder to meet customer demands. So this is a disappointment because investors we're expecting a boost from the shares are down by more than six percent. They said first quarter revenue will be eleven point seven billion dollars to twelve point seven billion dollars, and the midpoint of that arrange fell short by analyst estimates, and the company expects to break even and earnings per share excluding items. But you know, I mean in Wall Street have projected a profit of eight cents a share.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it was interesting, right because they talked about we've got lots of demand. We can't need supply, but this one's been on a tear.
Speaker 3: It has been on a tear, but I feel like it's a once them dominant semiconduct their company that has been trying to get it its edge back and market share back, and this didn't help at all. So it's really not a good day for investors. Although their CEO said that our yield and production manufacturer not up to my standards. We need to improve that, So there is that.
Speaker 4: So to Carol's point, the stock was on a tear last year of eighty four percent by the end of the year. The company, though still off of those all time highs that were reached back in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: It's up forty seven percent year to date already. Yes, wow, okay, I know what you're saying. I know what you're saying.
Speaker 3: If you look five years and tell us down four percent, Nvidia is up, I know by one thousand percent? Am I seeing this correctly? It's like two hundred and forty seven.
Speaker 1: Percent Now, it's the changing dynamics that we've seen, certainly because of the A story. But I've in find Seth who joined us earlier from Tigress. He is optimistic about what he's seeing from Intel and what lip Bhutan is doing.
Speaker 4: And just a quick correction, looks like market cap peaked in the year two thousand. For Intel, it's still down. It'said about two hundred and seventy million billion dollar market cap right now. Back in two thousand, it was at four hundred and forty seven billion.
Speaker 1: From Intel to Nvidio. We go, because that is another one you're watching.
Speaker 3: Stop closed eight ten to one percent there again under the spotlight. This time, Congress is one step closer to gaining authority to review AI chip sales to China. We have been talking about this, but this move is likely to open a riff for the Trump administration over plants to let in Video sell their powerful processors to, of course, the world's second largest economy. And we have also a second Bloomberg story that I found interesting, but it's kind of tangential, okay, just saying that the biggest tech and AI companies spent more than one hundred million dollars lobbying last year. Meta leading all the tech companies and tech leaders like Mark Zuckerberg and in Video CEO Jensen have built relationships with Trump.
Speaker 4: Can we can we talk about Netflix? Because I want to talk about something. What's going to be on Netflix?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: What's going on with Netflix?
Speaker 3: Down by two and a half percent, The streaming video company extended the recent sell off. It's down for the sixth straight session and close to the lowest and more than a year. Again. The weakness followed the company's results. So I don't feel it because I watch Netflix all the time.
Speaker 4: You do watch Netflix all the time? Are you going to watch it Friday at eight pm Eastern time? Do you know what's going on?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I'm just saying yesh's going Okay.
Speaker 4: So Netflix is doing this live broadcast. Alex Honald he's like the rock climber who doesn't use ropes. He climbed El Capatan a few years ago. There was that movie about him. Oh yeah, yeah, He's going to climb this tower that's more than sixteen hundred feet tall Type one oh one in Taiwan without ropes.
Speaker 3: Wait, so this is not my thing, tim, I wonder after that he landed safe?
Speaker 4: So this is in really free solo. Thank you are for reminding me about that.
Speaker 1: Time we're gonna be watching him?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I'm the type who googles the ending of movies I watch.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I think he'll be I think he'll be.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, okay, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think he'll be okay.
Speaker 2: This stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.