Speaker 1: Hi, guys, this is Teddy Mellencamp and I'm joined by my friend Emily Simpson for our new spin off show Popping Off, where we are digging deep on this season of vander Pump Rules.
Speaker 2: Hi everyone, welcome to another episode of Popping Off. Today it's me Emily and Teddy is not here, so we have Gina. I feel like I don't even have to say your last name. You're like share no.
Speaker 3: Also because most people can't stay my last.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly all right. So today in headlines, we have some vander Pump headlines. Jack Taylor grabs lunch with model Page Wooland after Britney Cartwright split. This was a Page six article. The Valley star and the model were photographed at Granville Cafe in Los Angeles on Saturday for a three hour lunch date. Woolan arrived in a libousine to pick up the reality star from the home he shares with his estranged wife, Britney Cartwright. Their afternoon day comes after the vander Pump Rules. A lum was spotted getting cozy with a mystery woman at the Oaks Tavern in Sherman Oaks, California, the night before her TMZ the father of one, arrived at the bar with the woman and a group of friends around eleven pm, before the two left together at one am. However, it's unclear if the unidentified female was Wooln and other Jackson Page news and a clip that surfaced online from Ariana's brother Jeremy's birthday party, which was at Jackson's bar. After Jacks tells Jeremy, I love you, Page shouts and I'm pregnant, sparking fan backlash, assuming Page was making a dig at Brittany, who had been expressing that she wants another child. Okay, there was a lot to unpack there. First of all, we have the model, so he's apparently dating a model. Now, I don't know what's your thoughts on Jack's here. I mean, it's not surprising.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: I saw this, and that was my exact reaction, like, oh, naturally, you know, I mean, you're really he's a leopard. He's spotty, he's not hiding them. I mean, maybe credit for not pretending like he's a good person. I don't know, you know, for just me who you are, right right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got it. I mean, yeah, let's give it props for just being who he is right, just embracing it.
Speaker 3: Right, but like, obviously it's incredibly insensitive and like I just you know me, I'm a proponent for putting your child first and whether they're going to make it not make it. They got a co parent and that is not in the best that's just poor taste.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Even if you're going to start dating someone, just keep them. My god, even my ex when he started dating Britain didn't. They were like very covert about it. They weren't going to the quiet woman I'm.
Speaker 2: Great now and he wasn't getting picked up in a limousine outside your house.
Speaker 3: I think I was beating Travis for like a long time before I put anything on my Instagram whatever, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Like, yeah, you know, I did see the little clip of where she says and I'm pregnant, and I don't know if I would go as far as saying it was a dig at Brittany. I think she thought she was being clever or funny in the moment and then it just came back on her as not funny or clever.
Speaker 3: So I's single, He's singled too, right, So it's like or whatever their situation is to like, I just feel like, you can't go after this woman unless it's very unless you know for a fact that it was intentionally a shot at the mother of his child exactly.
Speaker 2: Sheena interviewed Michelle and Janet from The Valley. Sheena reacts to Jack saying that he doesn't want Sena and Lala on The Valley because it's disrespectful to the cast Shena thinks she's just afraid of them calling him out on this shit they actually know. Sena also claims that Brittany has not thrown up since she's separated from Jack's Jackson is trying to take down couples on the show, specifically Nia and Danny, because they look so perfect on the outside. Janet was warned before she started filming that Jacks would go after couples who looked happy. I don't know. I mean, I do know Jack said that he didn't want I think he said he didn't want La Laan Sheena on the Valley because and I do think there is some truth to this, because the people coming from VPR, if they came on The Valley, you're talking about seasoned reality stories that have been on TV for ten years, and if you're talking about the Valley. You have new people, and I think maybe that's the charm of it, and why it does so well is because you have people that have not been on TV for a long time, so they are they're not, you know, trying to get an end result. You know what happens when you've been on TV for a long time, you start to know how it works. Maybe you played to the camera, you try to get a result. So I understand that that's probably why The Valley is as popular as it is. You know, I don't know what's your take on it. Do you think it would be good with other VPR people or do you think it's good as is?
Speaker 4: I mean, it would be for sure.
Speaker 3: I think that I don't think that Jacks is honestly in this situation. I don't think he'd maybe scared for himself. I mean, he's gonna take They're gonna eat him up. But I think Jacks is used to that, and I think he's okay with that. I actually feel like it would be worse for the new people because it will shadow them, you know, and right now we are getting to know them and they are fresh, and I don't Yeah, I do think that that will kind of overshadow them or like there will be some growing pains there with new people coming on and thinking they know and I'm probably wanting to be the lead role. But then the people who are the original people of this cast will want to be their lead role. So I can see how that's a little bit messy. With that said, I would love to watch it.
Speaker 2: I agree one hundred percent with that one. Tom Schwartz talks about Joe's lying problem on the When Reality Hits podcast. Joe randomly lied to Schwartz about babysitting for the executive producer or VPR one day, and he didn't realize it was a lie until he brought it up to the executive producer a few weeks later, and he said he had never met Joe before they started filming. After filming had begun, people start coming out of the woodwork to tell Schwartz the things that Joe had lied about. She was saying things to Schwartz's family and that's why he decided to pull away from her. Brittany says that Joe lied about Brittany and Jack's calling Joe to tell her about Kristen's dog dying. Brittany doesn't even have her number. On Kristen's podcast with her boyfriend Luke Balancing Act, Luke recalls Joe telling him that Aaron Rodgers would fly her out to Wisconsin to do his hair. Kristin says she actually knows who cuts his hair. It's her friend Rihanna. Okay, so basically we have you know Joe would likes to do these Instagram lives. I don't know if you've ever watched them. I just see clips of them, but I don't My our take with Teddy last week was that maybe she should settle down on the ig lives a little bit. But I don't know. If Schwartz is saying he pulled back and he needs to give a reasonable answer, so he's coming up with this that she lies. I don't know. It does sound like she has a lying problem, though, I don't know if she's just trying to impress people like the Aaron Rodgers, like she gets flown out to do his hair. You know, maybe it's a moment of insecurity and she feels like she needs to make herself look more desirable. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'll be honest, she does have some she has some ground to make up with regards to her professional capabilities after she died his hair plat you.
Speaker 2: Know, I mean, I gotta fix that.
Speaker 4: I've had a joke, and you know, they it isn't great for them. I'm sure she talented. That wasn't her day, and that probably is a.
Speaker 3: Good thing to throw out there for redemption, you know, because it's also another guy.
Speaker 4: Seems like maybe she needed some redemption there. But like the bottom line.
Speaker 3: Is he he got too into deep with this girl too quickly, and he was telling her everything that she wanted to hear, and he was so believing it, and then he was like, wait a minute, you're wacky, you lie a little. I would like to extract myself from this. And we know, Emily, what if like to try to get out, even if it's not romantic, a relationship with somebody that you are in too deep and then you want to back out. It's not an easy thing to.
Speaker 2: Do, no, and especially what it's being played out on TV. So I think that he's now retroactively going back and trying to come up with reasons why he was pulling away.
Speaker 3: But it's like you were pulling away, but you were still telling her these like.
Speaker 4: Very like, we're in love, don't worry, We're in a relationship.
Speaker 3: You're my whatever person we have our and he gets to stump pulling her Joseph.
Speaker 2: I know, I know.
Speaker 3: I know it's their thing, but like every time when he would say it on the reunion too, I'm like, that's like embarrassing for her, Like, don't drop the act. You don't if you're not in it with her, don't do your things like you're in it with her.
Speaker 2: It's like Shane calling me Amelio. I'd be like, oh, okay, could you stop doing that please?
Speaker 3: Well, And if you love me and you're invested in me and you we're together, find me. But if you're like I don't even want to be with you. But oh, Joseph, no, all right.
Speaker 2: Let's move on to the vander Pump Rules reunion and we are about to recap part three. Who So Arianna starts to tear up when she talks about how hard it was for her last summer. People expected her to be further along in her healing process than she was capable. Sometimes I have a hard time with Arianna, and then during I feel like this third part of the reunion, I actually felt for her. Very much so, and kind of wrap my brain around the timing and how when they were filming it was shortly after everything that had gone down. And so even though she is on a reality show, when I do understand, I've always held fast to that you have to film with who you're on a cast with. I do understand her need for boundaries, and I think she articulated this very well and also explained where she was at last summer.
Speaker 3: So one hundred percent yeah, And I mean, like the reality is, it was three months after the whole scandabal happened.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I mean you know where I was three months after I found out. I was driving around trying to find this girl's house.
Speaker 3: Drag round there, goog, I couldn't find that address, you know, like that was my mental.
Speaker 4: Seat at that time.
Speaker 3: Like I honestly, I do give her credit for showing up and being in the moment, and she is right to say, listen, my I was being authentic. When I'm in a room with him, he makes miss skinkrawl. I want him gone. I don't want to have conversations with and I'm not going to do it just because I'm on this show.
Speaker 4: And I think that's really valid, right, It's.
Speaker 3: Like it would have been bush for her to sit down with him and allow him to talk just for the sake of the show. But that being said, I think where I understand where the other girls are coming from too, and they're frustrations where they missed the mark was. They're not really truly frustrated with Arianna. They're frustrated with the machine.
Speaker 4: That they are.
Speaker 3: That is what they do, and they know and that's all they know, you know. So yeah, and I don't really know what the answer is for that, but you know, I mean, at the end of the day, let's just keep the spade where the spade is.
Speaker 4: The problem is him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the problem is him. And I know we'll probably get to that as we go on a little bit further, but let's go through this a little bit more. Katie talks about the cheating allegations that she's heard against Jack's. Apparently he was hooking up with more people in public bathrooms. We've talked about this before, All these allegations against Jacks, they always seem to happen in a bathroom. So I feel like you can only have so many bathroom allegations before there's probably some truth to it, so.
Speaker 3: For sure, but also like, ew, that is my literal nightmare, Like.
Speaker 4: It's so gross, Like who is looking up in the bathroom, Like it's just it's so gross. It's so gross.
Speaker 2: Rock openly admits why he thinks Sandival has been a better friend to Shina than Arianna has. Although most of the women in the group have had one problem or another with Shena, Arianna has always been in her corner. Shina doesn't think she was jealous of Ariana's opportunities. It was a feeling of being left out. She enjoys validation from her friends too. I don't know. I mean, I do feel like a lot of this animosity towards Ariana it has to do with the show and like you said, the machine that it is and how it's She's put up boundaries, but the other women are trying to navigate those boundaries and also make a good show at the same time. But also I do think that there's an element of jealousy there and maybe they would just be better off just admitting it. I mean, maybe that's what they just need to say. Look, you know this happened to you, and it was a horrible thing, and now you have all these amazing opportunities, and I'm kind of jealous of all the opportunities you have. And you know, maybe we want to be included in it more or hear about it more or maybe not.
Speaker 3: I don't know, right, and like or I understand it's it's definitely not fomo. Let's just get that out of all, right, fomo. But I also don't believe it's true jealousy. I believe that the women are happy that Arianna is getting these opportunities.
Speaker 4: I just also.
Speaker 3: Believe that it hurts them that they have gone through horrible things and life and been vulnerable and then they don't get those same opportunities.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: It's like the last time I was.
Speaker 3: Sitting and talking with you and I joke about it and whatever, but you know, it was one of the first things out of my mouth too, like, look this happened to me.
Speaker 4: Where are my endorsement deals? You know?
Speaker 3: Like, yes, I can understand that, but they're just all roads are leading back to Ariana, and arian it is the victim.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you the difference. Though. You need Shane to cheat on me with you and then you'll get your endorsements. That's the problem.
Speaker 3: I know, really, I ween u, it's like becoming more and more attractive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay. I do have to say, though, when I watched part three of the reunion, every time they panned to Sena's face, she looked like she was about to crap her pants. Did she not look terrified the entire time?
Speaker 4: Like they kind of cross a little bit?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I was like, oh, shutting down, error error, error, abort abort. I was like, damn, damn, ga, I.
Speaker 4: Hope, I can't wait.
Speaker 3: Can you guys clip that up, like just all of them, because I can't wait for somebody to do that. And if you guys could be first set again, that's going viral. That's wat the whole shows were reacting.
Speaker 2: Every her face to everything. Katie thinks that Scandal's dislikes towards her. Did I called him scandabal? I can't even say scandabal. I had to say scandal dislikes towards her definitely played a role in her divorce, was Schwartz? I know, is it possible for somebody's friend to get in their head enough to create turmoil and their marriage? You know, I would say yes, but that is a weak man, That is someone that you don't that is that is something you know, if Shane was weak enough that his friends could get in his head and talk crap about me and say things about me, and if that could change his opinion of me, that's not someone that I want to be married to anyway.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I agree, But I think that also Schwartz. I think that was a very young relationship, and I think that Schwartz was not a strong man through that, and I think that he did get in his head and I think it did he But to me, he does seem like a good person, and so I think that that relationship, I believe he's going to learn from that and then take away those things. And I kind of really do feel like I'm on board with him, Like I think he's going to find someone good and he's not.
Speaker 4: Going to repeat the same mistakes he did with Katie.
Speaker 2: No, I agree. I feel like he had a starter marriage with Katie. He learned a lot from it. I mean, too bad that she had to take the hit from that. But I do think eventually, when he gets into another solid, long term relationship and he gets married again, I think he's going to be a great husband. I think he had to go through those things and learn. Ariana tells us why Dan didn't come on the group trips to San Francisco. He wasn't getting paid and he doesn't care to be on the show. I actually, you know, when she made that comment, Shane was sitting next to me and he heard it and he was like, yeah, no, she probably shouldn't have said that because that doesn't look good for him, and I would have to agree with that. I didn't feel like that was to me. It was if he's committed to you and your relationship, and clearly you guys started dating when she's on a show. It's not like the show came after the fact. I think, as a supportive boyfriend, he should have just done more with her instead of traveling to San Francisco and just being off on his own. I don't know, right, like my boyfriend, yeah, like yours?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like. I mean, the thing is, he doesn't want to be a part of it, like she said, he doesn't want to be a part of it.
Speaker 4: I get that travistically does not want to be a part of.
Speaker 3: This, but he understood when we got involved with each other that this was a part of my life and my job is to share my life authentically and.
Speaker 2: And yeah, he's start of your life, and.
Speaker 4: He's part of my life, you know.
Speaker 3: And yeah, and that's that. And so he doesn't have to be in every scene every day. He has his own life too, But he has to show up for me the same way that you know, in my last marriage, when I would have to go all the dinners and the you know, the banquets and the things. As a wife, you show up for your husband. You just have to show up for each other, right, But it was very new still, like I get, you know, but then like maybe he just shouldn't have come at all. But then also she's going to want him there for support because she's got to be there with him.
Speaker 4: I don't know it.
Speaker 3: It's I hope that next season, if there is a next season whatever, that he participates.
Speaker 2: A little Well definitely. I just I think she probably just did herself a disservice by saying that comment, that she probably could have just kept that out of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I don't.
Speaker 3: Think that's really what it is either. I just think he, like he said after, he really just doesn't want to be a.
Speaker 4: Part of it.
Speaker 2: Schwartz gets emotional talking about his relationship with Katie. He's happy with their decision to separate, but that doesn't mean he doesn't cry or miss Katie either. He'll always love her. You know, I did think that they had some really cute, sweet interactions this season, and I felt like there was still some love there between them, and I actually in my mind thought that, you know, it would be really sweet if they ended up getting back together later as older, more mature, wiser people. So you know, I'm not going to totally eliminate that. I still think maybe that could happen at some point, but you know, you never knowd.
Speaker 3: I actually like, I feel like they should be really proud of themselves, Like they're a good example of like people who can just look at something and say it wasn't meant to be for whatever reason, timing or we're different people, or we're different people. Now it's been years and years, but I'm not going to disrespect what we had. I'm going to appreciate that. I'm going to take the good things out of that, and I'm gonna take them with me through life. And I have love for you and respect for you. Like what a great message. I don't really you know, and the show can't be all horrible stuff like to me, that was like that resonated with me, and I was really into that for them.
Speaker 2: So the twist is announced. They're all watching the last few minutes of the finale together, okay. So regarding productions showing them the final five minutes of the reunion on Katie's podcast disrespectfully, Kate and Arianna had this to say. Katie said, it feels mean to show them the last five minutes there, specifically mean towards Ariana. Arianna says it felt very pointed towards her. She says the producers didn't get what they wanted to get to break her down during the finale, so we're going to retaliate by doing that now while she's contractually obligated to be here. Ariana then says she gave them the best making ending. Finally, Arianna says they wanted the Kristin Miami Girl conversation redo when Tom was crying apologizing to Kristin for cheating, and she wasn't giving that to them. Okay. So that's that is Katie and Ariana's take on those last few minutes. What did you think of production doing that? I honestly We've never seen anything like that in the in the Bravo world before, where they clearly they sent them the finale and said here's the finale episode and they all watched it at home or whatever, but they left out those last five minutes where you know, Lalla breaks the fourth wall and all that goes that all that happens, you know, I don't know. I mean, what is your take on that. I don't I understand. Arianna says it felt like it was just directly pointed towards her, that all those people just kind of lost it, broke the fourth wall went off on her, and then she had to sit there in a room with them and watch that and see it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, I think it was personally though I understand her being upset watching it, but like, let's call it what it is. It's definitely shittier for Lalla than it is for Ariannah because he didn't look good for Lalla. And you and I both know what it's like at the end of a season and a pressure cooker and you are just like saying how you feel and it's like the word Raman's coming out, and you're frustrated and your emotion on your anger and you're relieving and you.
Speaker 4: Don't really even't necessarily mean all of it.
Speaker 3: And I think Laala was being very true in that moment of how she felt. But I don't really think that that's how Lalla feels. I just think, once again, she's expressing a frustration about all of this situation in its entirety, but she's putting it on Ariana and that's her Missy. I think that's her critical.
Speaker 2: Error error, right, And I think that was I think that's where Lala is. She's getting backlash from that, and I think, but then.
Speaker 3: Lala is the only one who wanted to say what they were clearly all staying.
Speaker 2: Behind her back, right, I mean, I totally see both sides of this. I completely understand Lala's frustration as someone who's been on a reality show for multiple years and you do do a lot of talking offline and when you're not filming, and you know that people feel a certain way about other people, and then the cameras come back up and you start filming and you're like, wait a minute, this is not what you were saying weeks ago or months ago. So I understand that frustration. I think her downfall was the fact that and was Sheena as well, was that none of them actually had that honest conversation, and during the season when the show was playing out, they didn't talk about their frustration with her. They didn't talk about how they were upset or things that Katie had said previously, or confronted Katie about it, or tried to have an honest conversation about it. It just all blew up at the end, and Arianna had no idea about how this was how people felt. So to get blindsided by that at the end, I think that's where Laala and Sheena probably went wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think one hundred percent yes, And they fear right like they should have just been talking about it, because it does seem like a normal frustration that they would be having. And so to say nothing and then to have the reunion happen, and like you expect and what do you expect from Marianna, Like he's not going to be like, Okay, I'm going to have a conversation with you, Like.
Speaker 4: There is no part of me that would.
Speaker 3: Have been able to do that or wanted to do that, and would do it for a paycheck, you know what I mean? So I get her point of view, but they're but I get their frustration too. But yeah, then they should have been just brave enough to talk about it, because it's not even like they needed to say anything that bad. They needed to just be honest, which was look more frustrated that everything's.
Speaker 4: About Ariana right now.
Speaker 3: We're over here, we're trying to do all our life and make money and whatever, and and we're just a little frustrated by it, you know, And then it would have played better. Like I just I did feel I felt bad for La La. I did, But I also I think she it was the specific comments that sunk her too. It's like, and she wasn't saying Arianna thinks she's God. She was saying, now she's got because everybody else put her on the pedestal, right, but like that's even a separate issue to be and but to say directly Arianna thinks she's Beyonce, I don't that one like that was directed at her, And none of this backlash should be directed at a girl that got completely three months.
Speaker 2: Prior, and a girl who made it clear the entire season that she wasn't going to sit down. She had boundaries. She told everybody what those boundaries were. She wasn't going to film with them, she wasn't going to have a conversation with him, and she stuck to it, and then everybody was frustrated that she stuck to what she said she was going to stick to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're so right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like you you should like, Yes, he need it very clear. I'm setting a boundary. Do not cross my boundary because it's not I will not move off of this. And she did that exact thing to the very end, and now people are mad at her for it. It doesn't check out right.
Speaker 2: So when the flashbacks start, as well as giving her spiel, I actually enjoyed her monologue, it causes many of them to tear up. When Sandoval heard himself say that last line, it was good for me, he shook his head, knowing he shouldn't have said that. Arianna heard that line and knew her point was proven. You know, I, Sandoval, I swear every time the scale starts to tip a little bit, I feel like in his favor, or maybe he's starting to look human, or he's starting to look like he's you know, learned something or he's grown. He just says something ridiculous, and then you just go he goes all the way back to square one. Right, Oh, the is Darius theurious?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I mean it's all just there's nothing you even have to say, because it really just that just explained itself.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: It's like he was right to now do that, because all he is looking for is for a way to make this better. I don't understand why we're giving him any even three seconds more of attention, Like you want to do that, you want to You disrespected your cast nets, you thinked your show, You violated your trust with your girlfriend that you lived with, and in the most horrible, trashy way, and now you want everybody to be like, okay, but we forgive you.
Speaker 4: Let's move on and keep making money. And now I have so much attention and fame and it makes me look. No, you don't get everything.
Speaker 2: Man. Santoval tries to tell Arianna that she knows him well enough to know he's not acting. She doesn't believe that she knows him well at all. Arianna says the line that we've been seeing in all the teasers. I just want you away from me. I just want you gone. Arianna says, there was never a time that he tried talking to her off camera, and he doesn't deny this either. Sandalbal emphasizes that this is their job, so now we know the line they show over and over. I just want you away from me, and him saying you, I mean when he was saying to her, Arianna, you know me. You know I'm not acting. I'm thinking you were the guy that had an affair behind her back for seven months and you hid it, right?
Speaker 3: And also why is it her why did her responsibility to validate him as a person when once again, he is not the victim.
Speaker 4: He is the perpetrator. She is the victim of.
Speaker 3: His crimes, and now the victim has to validate him.
Speaker 4: No, it doesn't. Life doesn't work like that, honey.
Speaker 2: Sandoval finally gets his apology through to Ariana, saying he regrets what he did every single day and wears it as a badge of shame. Again, does he regret it because it became a global incident that everybody was talking about and he can't go anywhere without looking like, you know, a scorned like who he is? Like all.
Speaker 3: You got to look like who you really are inside, the fake person, the veneer that you've been trying to put up.
Speaker 2: So I don't know what Star, if there's really any weight you do. I don't know if there's any weight to his apology.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I feel like if he really he needs to just take time and and get away from it and work on himself. Right, if he really wanted to change, he probably would have said, you know what, this year, I'm not going to do the show or I'm really going to try to really a change.
Speaker 4: And if he really didn't he really And first of all, it's been ten minutes.
Speaker 3: You want people to feel bad for you because after three months you've been wearing it, You've been wearing this for a full three months, your affair with longer than that. You know, it's insane to me. But then also it's like you, if you really were changing, you would be sitting there and saying, you know what I mean. I don't want anything for Mariana.
Speaker 4: I want it just is what it is.
Speaker 3: I'm willing to accept these laughings and this whatever it is, for as long as it comes, because I'm the one who did it.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing I do remember, not in the reunion, but I think in one of the episodes, Tom does claim that he tried to talk to Ariana off camera, but then at the reunion when she said, you've never tried to talk to me off camera. If you really were authentic about apologizing and wanting to tell me something, you had multiple opportunities to do it. We're in the same home. We were. You know, I was in the kitchen, you were over here. You could have said something to me. You never did. You're just trying to get your moment on TV. And I think that's a really valid, valid thing that she says, because he didn't deny it in the reunion. Unless they cut it out, I don't know, but as far as what we see as a viewer, he doesn't dispute that. He doesn't say, no, I did try to talk to you. I did try to apologize. So without him arguing that point, she makes a very valid, persuasive point that you've had many opportunities and he never took it. So clearly, yeah, this apology is nothing more than you want your thirty seconds of TV time so that the world sees it. Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And like even if he did try one time, it's appropriate for her to be like kick Rocks and like now it's her fault that like what you can only try what your you only get you tried?
Speaker 4: Are you keeping me?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: Try again? Man?
Speaker 3: Or like she said, write a letter, leave a letter like right, you shouldn't reading a letter every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he has a journal. He's journaling every day, dear Arianna at the top.
Speaker 4: Right, and then rip it out and leave it.
Speaker 2: In the then fold it and leave it there. Yes, Arianna was deeply hurt by what Laala said. She was being authentic to her life. She didn't want to confront Sandival because she wouldn't have done that in her real life. Lala compares her divorce to Ariana and stand of all situation. Laala didn't get sympathy from most of the cast. Lala was livid the night Ariana left. Laala loves to film this show. She's thankful for the opportunities it's given her, and she needs people to respect her position on the show. You know, my thought on this is, I understand that this show is your bread and butter and you need everyone else, but you can't ask other people to do things in a way that you want them to do so that you benefit from the show. When you're on a cast and it's an ensemble cast. You can't control other people. You can't control what they think is authentic, what they say, what they do you and I know that. So I think even bringing that up and even mentioning that and talking about that and making it about herself in that moment, like I need you to step up to the plate because I need to be on this show, it just seemed like a selfish ask in that moment. I don't think it looked good for her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's digging in, is the problem, you know.
Speaker 3: And it's like comparing it to her relationship. She can't really because nobody had a relationship with her ex, you know, so that element that relationship and situation is completely different number one and her ex wasn't a CAT member, so it's just so different. I really wish and I know that it wasn't going to happen because I get it. Her choices were to eat it or dig in. And I know Lala is a digging kind of girl, which I expected about her, But in that moment, I would have liked to have seen her. When I was watching it, I was like, just apologize and just say, you know, actually I'm the things that I said. It was hurtful and it was misdirected anger.
Speaker 4: And I really wasn't hurt angry at you.
Speaker 3: I was angry at the position that I was put in, that we were all put in, And I was more worried about myself than I was about you at.
Speaker 4: That time, and I'm sorry for that.
Speaker 3: You know, like, it's okay to be human and it's okay to make mistakes.
Speaker 4: I feel like the audience actually likes.
Speaker 3: It more when you just keep it real and just admit when you messed up.
Speaker 4: Because at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: What has Ariana really done to Lala to deserve taking those kind of shots?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think Lala went wrong where she doubled down in that moment double down. It's the double down that got her. It's you're right, like, in that moment, she could have just she could have just backed off and shown a little you know, softness and humanity and said, look, I was just super frustrated in that moment and I just lost it. But yeah, looking back, it was too much. I was out of line. I understand that you have your boundaries and you stick to those, but Laala doubled down on that one, especially.
Speaker 3: When when you're like, Okay, this is the line where in the sand, I'm going to go this way or that way, and you.
Speaker 4: Go hard the one way and nobody is coming with you. That's time like put down your weapon and apart.
Speaker 2: So Ariana argues that her leaving that night was arguably a better ending for the show than if she had sat there and took it. I don't know, do you agree. I feel like it ended the way it was supposed to end.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I don't think it was like necessarily better, but I do think that it was authentic, you know.
Speaker 4: I think that, yeah, And I think that, you.
Speaker 3: Know, if she had sat down with him, I do think that he would have done the water works and YadA, YadA, YadA, and honestly, people probably would have just torn him apart. But like that's not her responsibility, you know, Like her, she really does have to look out for herself and protect herself and her heart. And I get that she wouldn't be trusting of anybody. I mean, you have to you have, like everybody probably knew what was going on also with you know, I'm that's part of what I was thinking, was like, and I understand that production cannot get involved in say anything. But like, definitely, people probably knew that was happening. Wait, you know before Arianna knew. And I can understand her not even feeling safe in this victim anymore.
Speaker 2: You know, Katie has even said that Arianna and Sandoval, we're not showing the true colors of the relationship on this show. Lala gets up and starts to walk away when she feels like Shena isn't answering an honest question. Lala feels like she's the only one being truthful, and she's over it. This is when Lala was just having a breakdown. She's just over it. Sina looks like she's gonna shit her pants. We've already said, but she looks like that the entire time.
Speaker 3: I mean, she's she's oh life.
Speaker 2: I mean, you could tell that she is just I can I can imagine that her looking back and forth, that she's looking at Ariana to see what her reaction is to everything, like are we good? Are we cool? Are we not? You can tell she's afraid to answer the questions that Lala was posing to her, like you did this, Remember when you said this, you said she didn't show up her stuff and she's like, I not, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's tough for her shoes, very yeah.
Speaker 3: And then she's looking at Lala the same way because she's walking the line with both of those women, and it's hard when you don't just when you're straddling it right, tough place to be right. So it's like and like Katie clearly just was riding with Ariana, so she was in like a position of she when you just pick a thide, it's easier, and Sina was trying to.
Speaker 2: Not strat all. She was straddling.
Speaker 4: That's the scirit. How long can you hold a split?
Speaker 2: My god, that's a long straddle.
Speaker 4: That's a long crattle.
Speaker 2: Lisa stands up for Ariana, saying she did show up this season and stated, sometimes it's okay to walk away. You know, I agree with Lisa when she came in there and said that she did show up. She did, she filmed, she had boundaries, She said what her boundaries were. She made it very clear that's her true, authentic self. There's nothing more that you can ask someone on a reality show than to say what they really feel, think, what their boundaries are. She did that. So that's where we're.
Speaker 4: Up even was vulnerable.
Speaker 3: Like the last show that we discussed was the one where she was losing her crap on him, and that one was like, ooh, like herd to watch because I was like for her fake, like I don't want her to have that.
Speaker 2: Much heat, end it up.
Speaker 4: But also that was honest, you know, like that's real. And so she did show up to work. She could have just been like, no, I'm good, I'm good, I have.
Speaker 3: My boyfriend, this doesn't even FaZe me whatever, and then athak her shit, doesn't see but she wasn't.
Speaker 4: She was there, She was present, and she was sharing her truth right.
Speaker 2: Sandoval thanks everyone for giving him somewhat of a chance this season. La La thinks her honesty has put her friendships with Katie and Arianna in the er, and she says that she's okay with that. Sheena acknowledges that La La was her rock this season, and she appologizes for not speaking out enough. Schwartz tells the entire cast that they're his family and he loves them. I don't I could, you know. I got a little cheery eyed at the end because it felt like the end of not just the end of of the season, but the end of the show with monologue and the flashbacks, So you know, I don't know what's going to happen. I mean that we're all just waiting and seeing what they're going to do with this show. I don't know how you go on from here with this cast. I have no idea. It's very broken, and.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what Arianna is going on to maker, but right she's doing a second stint on Broadway, so I don't know if that budget.
Speaker 4: Can't afford her anymore, so she might be you.
Speaker 3: Know, that might change things, and maybe some of the vander Pumpers go over to the valley and that's.
Speaker 4: Just kind of the reroute. But yeah, I agree with you did.
Speaker 3: It felt like the closing out of the Shout felt like the like the whole series finale.
Speaker 4: Exactly, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, they definitely put a stamp on it so that maybe they don't know if it's over or not now, but if it is, they wrapped it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I was like, maybe they just said, let's wrap this up and because we don't know what's going to happen. So yeah, but it's not over, guys.
Speaker 4: Huh. They said it's not over. Yeah, but but yeah, but it did. It did.
Speaker 3: Time to breathe is good, but it did feel like a Swan.
Speaker 4: Song, you know. It felt like they definitely need time to breathe for sure.
Speaker 3: And sometimes the ducks will settle and it will continue on it, but it will just look different and that's entertaining.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you know a lot of times I feel like when they do give a pause in there, it's because they need people to breathe. They need people to go live their lives. They need them to do whatever they need to do so that when they come back it's fresh.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, we had a pause, we had a pause last year, and now we're about to come out with our what I think is going to be the best seasons you or I have hung to the show.
Speaker 2: So it's gonna be the best season in eighteen years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Oxygen help. Yeah, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: They in the night by doing a toast with the something about her sandwiches and and Kyle Chan are the people who bring them out to everyone. Okay, I just have to say this. They bring the sandwiches out and makes her appearance, and then Sandoval has to go up and make some ridiculous comment to her about make sure you clean up after this, and then yeah, and then he's like, I'm just joking, And I was like, can you not, like, for five minutes, can you not be a douche? Just yeah, you can't.
Speaker 4: No be funnier. If you're gonna be funny, you got it.
Speaker 2: You have to be wittier and you you have to be able to land your jokes better. Because every joke he tried to get out there during this three part reunion there were some really cringey ones that I just know. I was just like, I had like secondhand embarrassment. And then he makes that cheesy face after he says it, and he's like so.
Speaker 4: Proud of him.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm like, oh, oh god.
Speaker 4: He's a comedian, like he's a rock star.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's right. The night ends with Arianna and Katie walking out of the studio together and Sheena comforting La La. Lines look like they have been drawn. I think we definitely have some you know, black and white lines. Definitely. Lala just wants to bake a baby and live a happy life. So yeah, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 3: I felt it for Tina because the problem is like he knew that he didn't stick up enough for Laala. He knows what he has been saying offline, and she didn't stick up enough for Ariana. So it's like she really didn't choose a side. And I think in that moment she knows that she probably let both sides down. And then you have everybody mad at you, and that's that's a crappy feeling. Yeah, is very supportive of her, though. I hope he is what you have to do and you did a great babe, Like he's very nice to her.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, welcome to the recap of the Valley. Here are some of our best moments of the Valley. We're back in Big Bear preparing for Janet's baby moon. There's a three hundred dollars baby Necessity's tiered cake. Britney says Jack's apologize. She then brings up to Michelle that Jack's talk to her about the rumors. Michelle says Jesse is doing okay in therapy, but now he's too all over her. She says she's not really attracted to Jesse anymore. Everything he does just bugs her. Michelle cries because she wants to feel what she used to feel. For him. She worries if something does happen between them, she'll be seen as the bad guy. Okay, So Brittany says, Jack's apologize. That's good, he should have. I mean the way he talks to her is just like you know, you're on TV and you just don't care.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he just really lets it all out. He doesn't hear him. That's the problem.
Speaker 3: He needs a funnel, an audio funnel that goes back to him, you know, like right, I don't know, yeah, because he doesn't understand how to communicate, like period.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: And then when Michelle admits that like she's not attracted to Jesse anymore, I was like, this relationship this is to me. I mean, obviously we know that they're separated, but in that moment, it's like, you know, she's completely checked out. There's no way He's literally.
Speaker 4: Saying, I don't want to be in my marriage.
Speaker 2: Right. While the women finish setting up, the men are still on the boat where they prank Jesse as he goes to the bathroom and they leave him on the platform. Back at the house, the women finally surprise Janet with her baby moon party. They play a baby themed game where they have a chug. Oh, they have to chug the water from a baby bottle. The women share labor horror stories with Janet, and when the men finally arrive home, Danny is wasted. I did feel badly for Janet because she's like, you know, excited about having a baby, and then they just show this montage of all the women like I was a labor for two days.
Speaker 4: Horrible, horrible, horrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, let me hear these worst stories of youth. Yeah, like not what you want to hear, especially your first when you're looking at that belly, Like, I understand this has to come out, but I don't understand how it's going.
Speaker 4: To come out.
Speaker 2: Exactly. That night, Jana is having and everybody dress up as their partner's fantasy for dinner party. Nia was going to be ranch dressing, but she states that her costume doesn't come in time. Danny is Jamie Fraser from Outlander. I have to say I am a huge Outlander fan, so I have watched that series twice now and I do love Jamie Fraser, so I was like, oh, oh, oh, that's my fantasy. Jana is Vanilla. I mean, is Jason a big Vanilla fan? Is that what that was.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I don't I don't understand that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I understand. Jason is a hot dog because Janet loves hot dogs and corn dogs. Oh, I get it. Oh because you like the sex vanilla. That's right, because then he talks about how he's Yeah, he's done.
Speaker 4: He gives what man, he's right right.
Speaker 2: Michelle is a booty call. That's what she wore the first night they hooked up. Jesse is Harry Styles, Brittany is a puck bunny, Jackson is an NBA player, Jasmine is Killanny, and as Danny tries to be in character, Jesse says he's learned one thing this summer that Danny is a terrible actor. Okay, if you had to dress up as as Travis's fantasy for this party, what would you dress up as?
Speaker 4: Oh honestly, I just go with myself. I swear the.
Speaker 2: Man loved me like he's just obsessed. Yeah, he's obsessed with Gina.
Speaker 4: What are you going as well? I do?
Speaker 2: I mean, I do say Shane is obsessed with me. We've been married for fifteen years and he is obsessed. But one butt or I would go as Carmen Electra because we all know Shane's been a huge Carmen electric fan since the minute when I first met Shane and we worked together. He had Carmen Electra as his screensaver at the office. So huge, Karmen Electra. Who would travels me for you?
Speaker 4: Oh? Like, what's mine?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What would your fan be?
Speaker 4: You know this already, it's gonna be yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, what's his name? Jimmy Kimmel? Yeah, I forgot ballad. That's right, right, Yeah, everyone's confused about that one, but that's okay. She likes the she likes the comedic man. Michelle brings up Nia and Danny's house search. Nia wants to stay in the Hollywood Weho area. Danny is saying the valley is what they can afford. He says, raise your hand if you have three kids. He actually said this multiple He's like, raise and if you have three kids. Nia tells him to stop. Jasmine says he's not listening to his wife. M okay, let me ask you this question though, because I have I can see both sides on this. So Nia always wants to shut up Danny. Like, I feel like she's very well, she's very poised, she's very pageant, and I get that that's like her training. They're very right, eloquent and poised. I don't think that she's interested in having any kind of personal conversations on camera. She wants things to be private on a reality show, but again we're talking about a reality show. He had a lot to drink, he has things to say, but she constantly wants to shut him down. And I know that a lot of people like their relationship. It's very authentic. You can tell they're very much in love. And I've said this before. I think that their relationship is great for like a first season because people are getting to know them. They're committed to one another. I think they're charming, but it's not sustainable if she's not going to let him be himself and talk and have conversations. And it's just you know, you can't Yeah, no one.
Speaker 4: I mean it's just cute.
Speaker 3: You're too controlling it. And he's only willing to be vulnerable about things that she's comfortable being vulnerable about. I think if this was if they had their own show on TLC, they would crush it.
Speaker 4: But Bravo, you have to you have to, and you.
Speaker 3: Have to allow people to see you, and she's got to let the man have feelings, because it is not interesting that a man that is attractive with a beautiful wife that has three kids under three at home and works and takes care of everything is all.
Speaker 4: Both super happy and everything's perfect.
Speaker 2: And right, that's not real.
Speaker 3: So exactly right through it, and you're right, it's not sustainable. Right.
Speaker 2: The next morning, Jesse brings up the text messages again to Michelle, saying he played it off in the moment with Jack's He questions why somebody would just make that up? So honestly, I wondered that too when she told him, because he was like or when Jax brought it up and she was standing there and Jesse was like, oh, I knew that. I already know that, and I thought, did you really know that? But now he's admitted that he was basically just he didn't want to give Jacks the upper hand on anything, so he played it off like like he knew. But now he's questioning Michelle like, did you did you send some sexy photos? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Like like yeah, in the I can see that.
Speaker 3: How He's like, look, this is my marriage and I don't want to let Jax know anything about my bride.
Speaker 4: So I actually understand.
Speaker 3: I didn't understand it in the moment why he did it, but I understand that now because I was like, why aren't you asking for her phone?
Speaker 2: Like right right?
Speaker 4: It does make more sense now that he's like okay.
Speaker 3: But now that we're private and I know what's being said, I'm going to need to I want to know what happened, what is going on, because you don't send sexty pictures as a realistic Asian, you.
Speaker 2: Don't do that.
Speaker 4: We're not doing that's the same.
Speaker 2: And all this time I thought that's how you were selling houses. Yes, guys, I thought there were just sexy pictures of you the lingerie that were going to all your.
Speaker 4: It making a lot more money for sales, if that's what I was doing.
Speaker 2: Jesse says he knows the clients differently, but the truth is Michelle is sketchy about her phone. He did make a reference that she always picks it up, she turns it upside down, she doesn't let him see it. That's to me, those are not good signs. That's red flags right there. Jesse says after sex this morning, he was laying there thinking something is off. The energy is completely different. Michelle makes it clear that she did not send pictures to anybody. Michelle then insinuates in her confessional that Kristin has cheated on Luke. I was like, Oh, what are you doing? Is this a deflection? Are we trying? Are we like, look over here, don't look at me.
Speaker 4: Like I trying to light the fire? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Looks right there. Jannet and Brittany go for a walk. Janet brings up Jackson Brittany's fight the day before. Janet says, I know you guys don't believe In said wouldn't go down that path, to which Brittany responds, Oh, we would go down that path. Brittany says this is the first time she said the word divorce out loud. Brittany says she's not comfortable with her body. They never have sex and didn't try, and they are not trying for another baby. Janet says they have to do something about this or it's going to be bad. You know, I really feel for Brittany in this. I think that, you know, one, she's dealing with Jackson. He's yelling at her and he's not kind to her, and he doesn't treat her with respect. He doesn't put her up on a pedestal like the other men do with their women, so that has to be difficult. Then she wants to have another child, but they're not having sex, so they can't have another child if they're not having sex. And she's clearly not comfortable with the way she looks because she had a baby. I don't think that she's gotten back to, you know, how she feels, you know. And he's not making her feel sexy either. He's not right. Yeah, he's not helping the situation.
Speaker 3: So on. I get Britney so much credit because looks he's a normal woman and like he had a baby, and like that's what normal, wan, you know, some women are blessed and like look at me, like I can't even stop looking at me like that, Like but that is just like she is blessed and I love her for it, and she should be champion for how stunny she is. But so should Brittany and she should all because she is a beautiful girl. And she also should be championed for being okay with her.
Speaker 4: Body, you know, and that to say stuff.
Speaker 2: You know, I think Brittany looks great when she walked out with the what is it the costume? What was that? A puck a buddy, puck, a puck bunny? Whatever?
Speaker 4: That was?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, funny. I mean she looked hot, her legs look great, she had fishnets on. I was like, damn, she looks sexy. I don't understand why he's not all over her.
Speaker 4: Well, I think that he wants to be all over her.
Speaker 3: But the thing is like the men don't understand, Like just because you come, you slide into the bed at night and you're like pushing your body against us, does it make us feel beautiful?
Speaker 4: It's like when during.
Speaker 3: The yeahs opportunity, when you.
Speaker 4: Like, that's not romance.
Speaker 3: Like if you had told her three times during the day while walking by her how pretty she looks, then when you slide in there at night, she's gonna want to do that because she doesn't feel secure right now.
Speaker 4: And your partner's job is to help you feel secure.
Speaker 3: Both sides of that coin, right, So he's not She has a need that he is not fulfilling, and then he's doubling down by constantly getting She obviously has a weak stomach. I mean, we can't deny that, Like, you've got to get that checked out. Or whatever, but he's on her for alcohol when they're all saying she didn't even drink.
Speaker 4: So, you know, I'm concerned there's a real problem.
Speaker 2: I actually think it might be stress related because have you ever been in like when you're in a relationship and it's stressful and you don't know what's going on, You know, you lose weight. I have in stressful situations. You know, you have diarrhea, you throw up, your skin breaks out, like stressfully. Stress really affects your body. So yeah, and.
Speaker 4: It affects everybody differently.
Speaker 2: So and also I do know we said earlier that Sheena confirmed that Brittany hasn't thrown up since separating from Jack, So again, that goes back to my theory that he was probably stressing her out and that had a lot to do with her stomach issues. And you know, Nia and Danny go for a walk. Nia says last night's conversation should have been a private one. She feels Danny isn't getting her emotional connection to where they live. She doesn't feel connected to Santa Clarita. Danny says he would never move as she was unhappy. They come to an understanding about everything. Again, we talked about this a little bit. When she says private, I think what she means is like, not on camera. That's the way I take it. Not necessarily, not away from the group, but I feel like she wants these conversations that could be messy or so a small fracture in the relationship, Like I don't think she wants them on camera.
Speaker 3: So I just, well, I kind of disagree though, because I think she wants to control of it, because he did have a conversation with some of the women about her feet about that situation in the previous episode, so she is willing to talk about it. He just wants to have control of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that makes sense. She doesn't want Danny to go rogue, right.
Speaker 3: And she does not want other people that she hasn't chosen to have the ability to pipe in and give their opinion about it, which that one thing I guess I would say. I understand, like, just because you are on this show doesn't mean that you're and that's her personal storyline, right, You don't have to offer up your personal storyline in a complete group setting, but you can't control it always. And if he your partner is on this show and he wants to bring it up. You kind of just got a ride with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he also, you know, we always give credit to the women. The women are always allowed to be stressed because they're the mothers and they have kids. But I feel like he also has to have a platform and be allowed to be stressed too. I mean, he seems like a very hands on dad. He's involved in everything, and you know, he had a breakdown the last episode. He was crying and he was saying it was a lot and they were dealing with a lot.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I mean he's doing the job for sure, because I feel like Danny really is being open and honest and vulnerable and authentic, and you know, I don't have to agree with everything or whatever, but like at least he's putting it out there and it feels very refreshing, honestly. So and it is good to hear the guy's point of view too, because yeah, he is they are true partners. She's like, I'm stressed, I have postparton it's so hard all the.
Speaker 4: Babies, And he's saying the same thing because he's allowed to say that because.
Speaker 2: He's really ate with he is absolutely Jesse throws a Friday gentleman's lunch. The best one he's thrown was a twenty thousand dollars four person, five course meal. Jack says he and Brittany are stuck with each other forever. Jesse says, from what he's heard, it's a lot worse for Brittany than Jack's is actually letting on or I would say not just letting on, but actually realizing Jesse. Jesse then gives Jack's adviceaying he needs to work harder at his marriage. Jesse asked Jacks if he would let Brittany leave if she wanted to leave, and Jack says, no, absolutely not, which I mean to me, that was a very strange response, like are you holding her hostage?
Speaker 3: So yes, you should not be giving marital advice just because you went to the retreat man and then you put on.
Speaker 2: The bean Yeah, the meanie. The beanie does not make you the marriage guru.
Speaker 4: No, you don't hang out advice to anyone. No.
Speaker 2: I do find Jesse to be more likable though, as each episode goes on. It's like you start to get to he just is what he is, right, Yeah, you just kind of embrace it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, yeah, he's he's and he's a little more self aware than I thought he was. Like he definitely is honestly, like you know, kind of a kind of a douche, but like he owns it and he's so he's aware of it, and he's at least actively trying to work on himself. And I do feel bad for him because he is clearly in a marriage with somebody who doesn't want to be with him, and.
Speaker 2: I think he knows that, yeah, And I think he knows that he's aware of it and he is trying to put the work in. But you know, I don't know Jack saying. I do remember during this scene, Jack said that Brittany would never leave him, and knowing what we know now that they're separated, I would just have to say that JACKX, you should have tried harder, because I think Brittany just got to the point where she was just fed up and she did leave.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, because if you really think that too, if you really have this attitude of she'll never leave me, then that no matter what, you never have to really try, because I exactly I can say what I want to her, I can gripe and I can make it all about me all the time because she's never going to leave. The best thing that Brittany did was say, you know what, that's not good enough man.
Speaker 2: Right, peace out? Yeah all right. Thanks guys for listening to another episode of Popping Off. Thanks Gina for joining us, My pleasure,